[PP-F1] <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> (Thorsten)

Spoiler

Stats:
Level 39
Health: 780/780
Energy: 78/78
Mitigation: 72
Paralyze: 1 (Shield)
T2 Recovery: 2 (+4 Energy)
T2 Regen: 2 (+20 HP)
Life Mending: 2 (+20% Healing)
Equipment:
Vanity Starter Weapon
Oblivion T2: 1x Recovery, 1x Mitigation, 1x Paralyze
Regeneration Plate T2: 2x Regen, 1x Recovery
Springs Rebirth T2: 2x Life Mending, 2x Mitigation
Battle Ready:
Banner of Leadership: (1*Tier) damage for you and five players; 2/3 charge; Refill: 5,000
Banner of Superior Support: +120 HP for 6 players; 3/3 charge; Refill: 5,000
Teleportation Crystal
5x Mass HP Recovery Song T2 (+90 HP entire party)
5x Safeguard potion
Skills:
Rank 5 First Aid
Rank 4 Block
Howl
Survival
Mod:
Purify
Sharpness
Field Medic

Most players above level twenty had already cleared out every single first floor quest available to players. Hence, Kasier resented the fact that she had yet to clear out a lot of the lower-leveled quests despite the fact that she had already reached the level that she was at. After days and days of looking over quests that were meant for beginners, Kasier finally set her eyes on one that seemed quite easy. Perhaps it was quest that she could complete with someone low-leveled who could deal enough damage to not have to suffer through this quest. It was a good day for a quest as well, with little to none clouds in the sky that blocked the sun's radiant rays. Although it was winter, the first floor was still quite warm, with an occasional chilling winter wind that passed through, sending shivers to Kasier who had just walked out of the shop that she had spent so long in. Kasier sighed - she couldn't stand the cold, which was also a shame, considering the fact that she would've loved to spend more time on the fourth floor - the floor that was most beautiful in Kasier's eyes, but the coldness limited the amount of time that Kasier could stay there. Soon, after mindless thinking, Kasier found herself standing near a ramen stand.

It would be good to get something to eat first, I suppose. Kasier thought, ducking beneath the cloth that hang from the stand and sitting down at the right end of the four-seat stand. Kasier flinched a little bit, however, when she immediately heard an NPC greet her, reminding her of a peculiar event which happened not that long ago. "Morning, what would you like to have on this fine morning, player?" The ramen maker asked, to which Kasier stared at him blankly, before asking for ramen with some beef and other vegetables mixed within. As the ramen maker began to make the ramen, Kasier yawned, leaning her face against her right hand, supporting her face above the table.

@Thorsten

Edited by Kasier

Silver sat on top of the buildings of the town, sitting and observing the goings on in the Town of Beginnings. He had watched the town go from bustling to almost dead sense the start of the game. It was almost becoming peaceful. He thought to what the little girl he adopted must be doing. They didn’t talk much outside of him giving her advice when it was needed. He planned to shape her into a wise young woman, or at least as well as he would be able to before the game ended. He decided to make his way to get some food. He elected to stop at the first establishment that served food that he could find. He ran atop the buildings until he came across a ramen stand. It would do.

Silver equips his <<Mark 1 Zevulum Combat Armour>>. The graphene armour hugged his figure well. He raised the collar over his mouth, the large purple Z directly over his lips. He then got a running start and jumped from the top of the building. He did a flip before landing in front of the stand. He approached the psudoperson running the stand, lowering the collar as he did so.

Silver looked around and saw a table with a tired looking woman. He approached her with a kind, warm smile. His Heterochromatic eyes glistening in the sunlight. “Do you mind if I sit here, ma’am?” He motioned to the chair across from her.  Silver spoke with a thick Northern British accent. He had very light pink hair and stood/walked with confidence that gave both a vibe of relaxation and the ability to snap someone's neck at the same time. The kind of posture that is owned by those in Special Forces.

@Kasier

Kasier watched as the man continued to do his thing, spinning the noodles around and adding the sauce half-way through. It was an intricate process, one that was worth Kasier's admiration so early in the morning. While she could be grinding levels out in the fields, she found it much more appealing to watch the NPCs in this game pretend like the place wasn't a virtual prison, but a place filled with livelihood and excitement. Well, most players' excitement had died down at this point, from what Kasier could tell, and players were not really making progress in terms of floors either. The front lines were weakening as the days continue, either due to deaths or just players dropping out in fear of death. It's extremely crucial that the lower-leveled players finally did their part and get higher up in level to join the front lines and help them progress. Kasier sighed, who knows how long it would take for her and the rest of the players to finally escape this game? Especially since it's already been at least one year... maybe two, and the players have yet to break through floor thirty.

Kasier then suddenly heard motion behind her, like the sway of wind to see that a random man had popped out of nowhere. She didn't see how he managed to get there, but all of a sudden, the pink-headed man asked her if he could sit across from her. Kasier yawned, not sure what to think of a guy with pink hair before realizing that he was still waiting for an answer. "Yeah, go ahead." Kasier said with a nod, already putting on the mask of professionalism that was so familiar to other players that she interacted with. Due to the professionalism and silence that she kept in public, along with the fact that she was hardly awake, resulted in the fact that this was all she said. If he wants ramen, he can order for himself. She thought, sliding a paper menu across to him. 

@Thorsten

Silver smiled at the woman kindly and sat. “Greetings, I am Silver ‘Thorsten’ Zevulum. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.” He waited for the psutoperson to return to the table and ask what he would be having. “Surprise me” Silver said before returning to the person in front of him. “I hope I do not offend with my speech, however you seem to be someone of experience in this strange realm. If you do not mind me doing so, I am interested in inquiring as to your may trials and tribulations since your beginning in this realm.” He waited patiently for a response, he wanted to show her the upmost respect. He thought back to the time he spent gathering intel for the family, it was a common feat for him and not one he undertook lightly. He had the mindset of always treating others with the upmost respect, regardless as their spot in life. It was the proper way to do things. The ramen arrived together, it was his intent to get as much information out of everyone as possible, though he understood the potential problems with this mindset. He would need to be careful not to delve to deep into the past of others, though he knew that his hunger for knowledge would never be satiated.

@Kasier

"Trials and tribulations, what? Sorry, can you speak in normal English?" Kasier asked. It was clear that the man was from a high-class group of people in the real world, but these types of players were extremely rare in this game, as most players were your average nerds who just wanted to have some fun escaping the stress and pressures provided by the player's of the real life. Although Kasier was about to proceed onto medical school, she was definitely not acquainted with the jargon that the pink-haired man used. Nevertheless, Kasier somewhat managed to get the gist of what he was talking about. He wanted her story, but it was not fitting for her to give this story. One's story is one's life, a secret that should not be given away easily, and Kasier had followed this philosophy since the beginning of the game. She never really talked about herself except to a selected group of people, and unfortunately, he was not amongst that group.

"So, you're basically asking me for my story since the beginning of the game, huh?" Kasier confirmed before challenging the request, "I think it's more fitting for someone who asks another for his or her story to give his first." At that moment, Kasier watched as the two ramen bowls arrived, and she was definitely looking forwards to the mildly spicy ramen bowl, something that she had not tasted for a long time - which was exactly why she was here at that present moment. "Oh, how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Kasier - of the Celestial Ascendants." Kasier finally introduced herself, with the same introduction that she always gave to strangers... Most of which she never saw again - most were either dead or just didn't feel like interacting with Kasier's 'strangeness'.

@Thorsten

Silver gave a more conservative smile, his heterochromatic eyes glistening in the lantern light of the shack. “My sincere apologies, I have never really been one to have the ability to get my point across to those outside my family. Even so with some of the people in my family for that matter.” He chuckles. “So, you wish to know of my story. Where do you wish for me to start? You hold yourself as someone I would have warranted confidence in trusting. I shall offer you three places for me to start. I can start from when I was ten years, when I was seventeen years, or when I entered this strange realm. Each by itself is bountiful with experience both that would make most pleased to hear, though my further history tends to make people hesitate while partaking in conversation with me.” He left it with that. He was happy to give the spiel that was his life story. Though he had lived a lot of life, even at ten years he had lived the life of twenty five men and women. It was rare for others to be at all interested in his being. He was seen by most as an advisor, thus he was rarely listened to when pertaining to topics that were of his own personal needs.

@Kasier

Kasier finished half of her ramen and put the rest into her inventory before looking back at the pink-haired man. "As much as I would like to remain and talk about our stories, I actually planned to do a quest on this floor, and I've been putting off this quest for a while now, so if you don't mind, you can join me on this quest and we can talk as we go. It should be an easy quest, <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>. I need a damage dealer anyway." Kasier said, standing up and nodding her head at the ramen maker, giving him a generous tip for the noodles that he made for her. The ramen maker smiled in response, which in turn provoked a slight smile back even though he was just an NPC, a lifeless form considered to be useless by most players. Recently, Kasier has become cautious around these NPCs, as it isn't that hard for players to pretend to be NPCs, as she recently found out through a terrifying experience that she discarded as a simple joke by a bored player.

Kasier listened as the man offered three places for him to start, for which Kasier decided that she wanted to hear the short one... Actually, she didn't really want to hear a story of a stranger, but she didn't want to be rude and willingly decided to humor the man. "I guess I'll listen to third one... From when you entered this game." Kasier finally stated. Perhaps this man's story might actually intrigue her, although she doubted as he seemed extremely privileged in real life, and the privileged tend to be quite spoiled from what she had seen in past experiences.

@Thorsten

Silver nodded. “I must apologies, I am not really one for combat as it stands. I am waiting for the ability to use my skills in various martial arts again. I will do my best however.” Silver then stands up as well, paying for the meal. “You wish to hear of my trials after having started this game. Very well. On that fateful day on realizing the situation I had found myself in I fell into something of a violent rampage. I destroyed everything in my sight. I was furious that I may have ended up here. You see there is a person who I had given my word to protect in the original realm. I pledged my bloodied hands to her after I had fought off some of her attackers. I will never break my word, you see, it is completely against everything I stand for. She very much enjoyed games like this, and whilst I never quite understood them I felt I should surprise her by joining this game. I became violent when I realized I may not be able to protect her in this situation. I couldn’t find her and that made it worse. Everything seemed to be collapsing in around me. Not only was I on the verge of breaking a promise for the first time, breaking my word, I was on the verge of loosing the only friend I had.” Silver paused

@Kasier

The man's story was actually quite an interesting one. It wasn't long, and he didn't say it with much detail, but Kasier got everything. Actually, his past was quite similar to her history, except his friend didn't die, and Kasier's had. The experience changed her quite drastically, some may say in a good way and others - a bad way, but to Kasier, it didn't matter. She was who she is, no matter what anyone else says. 

"So, you found the girl now, or no?" Kasier asked in curiosity. He was a man with a mission, and rest shouldn't be had until the mission was accomplished. If he had yet to find the girl, she would either be dead or hiding in a hotel room, never to be found. This was a small world, after all. If she really came out to the safe zone, anyone would have noticed her. A small world.... A world where everyone knew each other. Isn't that Utopia, itself? But this isn't Utopia. Kasier thought, looking at the sky as she walked. Her eyes stared dreamily, not paying attention to her surroundings. Kasier sighed, her hands dangling by her side as she progressed slowly to the quest location. "If you describe her, I might be able to help you find her." Kasier suggested, but the chances that she'll know the girl is highly unlikely. She simply asked out of politeness.

@Thorsten

• 4 weeks later...

Silver smiled for a moment before returning to his tale. “Your willingness to assist me in finding my friend is very kind but I have found her and one of the people I used to advise. Though it was quick after our reuniting which a thought dawned on me.” Silver’s cheery demeanor immediately darkens. His smile flees and the glow about his eyes burn out. “You see, I realize that I had been around her too much in the past. She became someone that could be used as a target, she could be used by an enemy of the bloodline to gain information out of me. There is something about her that I cannot place, a feeling I cannot understand. Knowing this a thought crossed my mind which had never once crossed my mind before. As per the law of the bloodline, upon my exit from this realm I will be forced to… to….” Silver tears up, and takes a breath, “I must either convince her to join the bloodline or kill her. There is nothing that can otherwise be done. My time in this realm is the only way I can ensure her being alive in the end, or should she be forced to meet an untimely end at my hand. The only way to keep my word is to convince her.” Silver pulled his collar closer to his mouth as he stabled his emotions. It was hard to bear the thought of killing his friend, harder to bear the though of what would happen to him if he didn’t.

@Kasier

(My apologies for the delay, RL has been very intense)

Edited by Thorsten