[PP-F2] What Makes a Story? (Taka)

Kasier put her hands above her head as her instincts kicked in. The sun on the second floor was blaring down like always, it was no surprise. However, it was a surprise that despite the fact it should be winter season, this floor was considerably hotter than the other floors at the very moment. Normally, it would be pretty cold, but today, it was a warmer day. Not too warm, but warmer than the other floors, Kasier supposes. Kasier had come to the second floor, wanting to experience the gigantic, festive market place that the floor was well known or. She wanted to possibly get her hands on some new materials, or maybe purchase some exotic forest-themed food items if she found anything of interest. She'd never really spent very much time on this floor, so she didn't know what she might expect, but from what she heard from other players, she should prepare for a lot of delicious foods and a lot of people, both players and NPCs, enjoying themselves, looking through the items available for purchase.

As she walked into the market place, she noticed that the NPCs were just preparing to set up their booths for the day and already there were people calling out for players to visit them. Although the place was not that crowded yet, it should fill up pretty soon. "Sushi, sushi! Sushi in the morning is always healthy for the body!" Kasier heard next to her as she walked through the market place. She glanced next to her, finding an elderly Japanese man standing behind a long table with four seats in front of him. He was making sushi live, which definitely got Kasier curious. Kasier smiled, sitting down in one of the middle chairs and ordering ten sushis, and any flavor would be fine as long as it wasn't spicy, she told him.

@Taka

In the same time I was sitting in the same shop drinking my last drops of tea. Earlier I had ate a bunch of sushi so I was filled to the brim. I noticed a girl sitting next to me and judging from her gear she was more than a few levels ahead of me. However since this was my first time in the 2nd floor I had to find someone who could show me around, so I took a chance. I drank my glass empty, loudly put my glass down, breathed in and turned to face her. "Hi, do you know this floor well? I just came here from 1st floor and I need some pointers about what is the best things to do here. And by the way Taka is the name. And Im level 6" I say hoping that she wont just turn away and leave, or totally ignore me. My smile slowly starts to drift down, as I wait for the reply.

"Um, well this market place sure is a good place to start. Actually, I came here to check it out. Also, there's the forest outside the safe zone which is a pretty cool place if you aren't scared of mobs." Kasier said after taking in what the boy next to her said. It's quite rare for guys to start conversations in this game, and in real life of course, but especially in virtual reality games such as Sword Art Online because most gamers were pretty nerdy, so Kasier was taken back a bit when she was suddenly asked a question out of no where. The boy introduced himself as Taka and immediately gives his level, as if that identified who he was. Kasier could care less about levels in this game. It was good to be high-leveled, but a lot of the high-leveled players got there through endless grinding, turning them into reserved, secretive players who only care about competing with other players. "I was planning to go out material gathering after looking through here if you want to tag along." Kasier exclaimed, smiling to the sushi maker as her plate of ten salmon sushi arrived at her table, to which she immediately gulped one down due to her imaginary hunger within the game.

@Taka

After I had told Kasier, that I would love to tag along, for one because I actually hadn't thought trough my venture to the 2nd floor. I had almost finished all tutorial quests, except for getting a job, which I had decided to do a little bit later. Second of my reasons was that as far as I had come I had learned that a party is always good however you got in it. This, of course didn't apply to player killers.

Since my geographic skills on the second floor were worse than average I let Kasier lead the way to the market she had told me about. I hadn't spent a lot of money since the start of the game, and I tough I might like something there, so I was eager to get there. As we walked I started to observe Kasier, trying to figure out what kind of player she was, but with no luck.

The sushi place was practically inside the market place. It was a bit outside of it, but basically the same place. Kasier quickly finished off the rest of her sushi so she can get to market place as quickly as possible and maybe even head to the fields to gather some materials if time permits. Kasier flicked her dyed blonde hair, pushing it to the side as she stood up, finishing the last sushi and gulping it down as she did so. With a nod of gratitude to the sushi maker, Kasier left him a generous tip from the limited amount of col that she possessed, before looking over at Taka, who had only just introduced himself. "My name is Kasier, of the Celestial Ascendants, by the way. The market is over there, we're basically right there already. This sushi shop is part of it after all." Kasier explained, leading the way as she was probably the more geographically aware player out of the two, considering the fact that Taka was just level six, meaning there were a lot of places that he had yet to go.

Soon, the two arrived at the market place, which was felt a lot more livelier than it was earlier on in the morning. Now, players were beginning to fill up the place, and all the NPCs have already set booth with all the unique items found on this floor. Kasier looked around, finding lots of exotic candies and skins of mobs that could be used for crafting and the sorts. The most amazing of all the items were the clothing shops found in the market - for there were too many to count. Kasier checked everything out with one quick glance, "Anything catch your eye?" Kasier asked.

@Taka

I looked around, trying to keep my enthusiasm hidden and keeping a straight face. There was a ton of food stalls, trinket shops and so much more to see and take in. "I think Ill stick with food for now." I say as I stop at some food stalls, getting my hands on some takoyaki and crepes. I wasn't realy interested in trinkets and items, because even tough I had the money I still decided to save up- this was only the second floor after all. What I was even more exited about was going material gathering, because  I looked forward to seeing what this floor looked like outside of towns.

"So, what have you bought? Maybe something you could recommend?" I asked Kasier, because after all she was much more experienced than me. We had came to the centre of the market and the sheer amount of sold items were overwhelming, shaking my previous  conviction not to buy anything, but food.

"What I would recommend? Not sure. I've never really bought anything on this floor, especially food. This market place seems to basically be a collection of specific items in different floors. Nothing really catches my eyes though. The only unique items around seems to be leather-oriented, which I would prefer not to purchase." Kasier exclaimed, looking around one last time before looking back at Taka. "So, I guess we should go and gather some materials. If you want to purchase anything, just go ahead. I can wait." Kasier finished. She glanced into the distance, noticing an aggressive white pair of eyes glancing at her from the distance. It was a shocking look, and it was directly fixed on her. The person was staring from within the shadows, and his... or her eyes were one of complete menace. The figure was standing in such a hidden way that most other people would not have caught him. However, Kasier felt a spine chill, and immediately, she made contact with the figure within the shadows. Immediately, the figure backed away, and did not peak back again. The blonde girl, Kasier, sighed, redirecting her attention on her recent surroundings. Of course, Kasier was a bit fearful, but she knew why the person was spying... It was probably that waitress... The waitress that swore she would kill Kasier when the time comes. That would be an encounter on a different day, for now though, she must focus on her daily life even if there's a death threat directed at her.

@Taka  

• 1 month later...

I looked around the market thinking of Kasier words about leather armor not beeing worth it, and wondered what should I get, when I noticed Kasier next to me suddenly had tensed up. "You OK there? You looked spooked for a moment, somethings the matter? Anyway I think I'm good here- I've eaten my fill, and I don't think I'm interested in any gear from here. Then shall we go gather up some materials? “ I asked while looking around, trying to find out what had happened to make Kasier so uneasy all of a sudden. However I did not find anything suspicious around us, so I figured it wasn't any immediate danger. I started going to town gate, figuring that my companion would catch up with me when shell be ready. I also wanted to have a look around the town some more, so I said to Kasier, that she can take her time. 

• 2 weeks later...

"No, it's nothing, really." Kasier thought, snapping back straight into reality, not willing to trust or tell anyone with the issue. In fact, she had yet to tell her own boyfriend about the death threat. It was something directed at her, and she would handle it, not anyone else. Her problem was solely hers, and she dared not to tangle anyone else into the issue at hand. She looked around one final time before taking a sigh, and looking into the direction in which the gates to the outside of the safe zone would be located. "We would need to go outside the safe zones. Be ready." Kasier exclaimed, knowing that mobs could attack at any time, and even though they weren't the strongest of mobs, Kasier doubted that Taka would be able to deal enough damage to them to make mob fighting easy fights, and obviously, Kasier's single point of damage would take about a year to finish off a mob even in the lowest levels. They would have to go somewhere where there isn't a lot of mobs, but Kasier had yet to spend enough time on this floor, deciding that it would be too much of a drag to lead, Kasier swung her arms towards the direction of the outside, signalling that Taka should lead.

@Taka

ID# 99044  LD:6

We walked out of the towns gate and headed to the closest mountain trail to look for some ores only found in these mountainy regions. Since I didnt have any loot tracking items i figured that the chance at me finding one was almost none, but i sure wasnt going to stop trying. A strong wind blew past me, making me loose my balance. That shifted my eyesight towards the valley down below us, and there i could see some wild beast type monsters, however they didnt seem to notice us, so I figured we could continue looking for materials peacefully. Suddenly I remembered about the weird look Kasier had when we left the town, and decided to pay attention in case if it was something to be weary of. "You previously said that it wasnt anything serious, but are you sure about that? Im just worried it might put us both in danger, since this game has the death element to it."

@Kasier

Edited by Taka

ID: 99264
LD: 15

Kasier sighed. She still didn't exactly know who that particular lady was, and why she had a grudge against Kasier, but whatever reason it was, there's someone out to hunt her out. The blonde tanker swiftly blew a piece of hair that had fallen onto her forehead and blocked her eyes before responding to the worries of the blue-haired lower-leveled player. "It's fine. Even if we get attacked, I'll be able to protect you and contact someone to deal with the threat at the same time. I might not be the strongest player, but I am able to delay danger for enough time before help arrives." Kasier glanced up from staring at the ground in thought, "Still, it's definitely nothing." She didn't want to get a low-leveled player involved in the whole thing. In fact, she hasn't even told those close to her about this issue that she had recently found herself involved with. "Hey, look. An apple." She thought, half of her mind in reality while the other still thinking. She picked it off the tree and tossed it to Taka before continuing to walk.

@Taka

Edited by Kasier