[PP-F1] «The Third Lesson is Just as Free» The Things We Do For Gems

Kaya pushes the doors to Lyle's workshop once more as she's welcomed with a hearty old man's laughter. "Welcome back lass, finally got around to coming back I see. Would you mind taking this gold band to an Artisan friend of mine out in the grove nearby? She's been needing it for some time now and I heard she has some tasks also that needs to be done, what do you say?" Kaya stares at the old NPC for a moment before giving in and taking his quest. "Some more extra SP couldn't hurt, right?" She says as she shrugs and takes the gold band from old NPC. "Right some grove nearby..." Kaya looked to the left and right and quickly found a grove of tree, with a beautiful woman sitting right under the largest tree. "That must be her." She quickly hopped on her feet and skipped to the woman under the tree.

Kaya crept ever so closer to the mystery woman. She mysterious, but had an aura of an artist. "Hi you must be Hannah, right? Lyle sent me. Here's you're gold band. He said you have a task for me?" Kaya looked hopeful for an easy task. Nothing like the 1st part of the this quest which took forever.

The woman stoically glanced at the rougette with distant eyes. Her mind wasn't completely there. She was focused on her art. That said, she still answered Kaya as she was programmed to. "Yes, I want you to find a gem worthy of this gold band for me. You can find one in a cave in the outskirts of town." That said, she turned back to her work completely ignoring Kaya's answer and reactions.

Kaya's face quickly grew sour at the thought of constantly getting ignored. "That's it? Ugh oh well..." She says with a grimace on her face. Disappointed, she began walking to the nearest gate, head in a slump, looking down, not looking at where she's going.

@Ryo

Ryo crossed his arms above his head, then behind it as he walked. The warm sun warmed his skin and his clothes. It was a nice feeling. He was about to visit floor six, get another quest done and out of the way, hopefully, able to forget Teion. And there he went again, thinking about that violet-haired woman again. How could he forget her, if he kept thinking about her? He groaned loudly, unhappy with his situation. He needed something else, a distraction of sorts. Perhaps there was a low-level quest nearby he could complete? But, it would to easy, and short and boring to do it alone. He rubbed the back of his neck closing his eyes as he tried to think of something before he slammed into someone else. His momentum shifted as he automatically calibrated himself to prevent himself from falling. "Who, watch it." He said, now looking at the person he had run into. "Oh, sorry ma'am. You alright?" He asked, holding out his hand for the red-headed woman.

Not paying any attention, Kaya fell back to the ground after colliding with the stranger. As she rubbed her eyes, she looks up to a somewhat short man. She quickly grab held of his hand and pulled herself up before the situation became anymore embarrassing than it already way. "Uh...S-sorry.." Kaya's face grew somewhat flustered. It's been awhile since she did anything ditsy and well it's still as embarrassing as ever. That said, Kaya looks at the person who she ran into. He wasn't every tall at all. In fact, she was probably just a few centimeters taller than her. "Are you okay?" She questioned the guy hoping that he wasn't hurt or anything. Looking over the guy quickly, Kaya realizes that he's perfectly fine. That in mind, she quickly began to scramble around getting ready for her quest. "Uh I'm sorry! I need to get back to this  quest before it gets dark." Kaya grew somewhat flustered. She's normally not like this, but maybe it was just the moment. "Anywho I'm sorry for bothering you." Kaya says as she composes herself and awkwardly bows while slowly stepping away. As she raises her head, she quickly turned around and began walking towards the gates only to stop for a moment. Her head slowly turned towards the stranger. "Um do you happen to know of a cave near here?" Kaya's face grew pale as she asked the stranger. She was so set on going off to the quest, she forgot to ask where she's suppose to go.

@Ryo

Ryo helped the woman up off the ground. Jesus, she wasn't Japanese, that was for sure. If face structure and color of skin didn't tell him, it was the height. She was damn near as tall as him. Wasn't SAO supposed to be locally launched? What was with all of these foreigners getting their hands on the game? He ignored the thought as he had somewhat more pressing issues at hand. "No need to apologize. I was, distracted." Ryo said, almost solemnly as he thought about Teion. But, perhaps this was the distraction he needed after all. "A cave you say?" He inquired. "I think I know the one you're talking about, the one for that beginner quest right?" Ryo asked. He had already grown too strong for those quests, and he was sure that he already had some idea of how the mechanics of the game worked. He held out his hand again, this time introducing himself. "I'm Ryo, future hero of aincrad." He said confidently. "I'll help you find your cave. But since I'm too strong to get any rewards from it I have one request. We find any materials or items along the way. I get them. Deal?" Ryo asked.

"S-sure.." Kaya was taken aback at how the guy, Ryo, was so sure of himself. "Future Hero of Aincrad?" She questioned as she glazed over the stout player. For sure this player was Japanese, but he seemed shorter than the average. Hehehe atleast Kaya isn't alone in the short in stature department. "Don't you think that's a little high to be aiming?" Kaya didn't want to kill the poor man's dreams, but you'd have to be an uber high level by now if he was going to be any hero of aincrad. Also why would the 'hero of aincrad' even be helping little noobies on the 1st floor? Not wanting to linger anymore Ryo's dream, Kaya began marching towards the northern gates of the town of beginning. "So this way right?" Kaya wasn't entirely sure, but her guts was telling her this way. In hopes that she was right, she looks back at Ryo.

@Ryo

Ryo laughed. "If I don't aim high, how can I hit anything?" He said, making a small jab at his own height. He followed the woman, who had yet to introduce herself. Ryo had his hands in his pockets until they were closer to the gates. As they exited he would equip his katana, and keep an eye out for materials as they walked. It was only the first floor, so he didn't expect much in the way of ambushes or anything catching them unawares. He also knew the area well, from his time of helping that group of people. Ryo grimly reminisced his flawed past. He shook his head, no longer wanting to think about it. "There should be a cave not to far from here. And if this is a beginner quest it wouldn't be too far from the gates." Ryo said.

ID: 94189
LD: 19 +1 material
1 material total

Kaya led the way, even though she the one who doesn't know where to go. You could say that her impatience is what really pushes her to the front of the line. As they were to step out of the front gates, Kaya opens her inventory and takes her enormous scythe. A scarlet red bladed scythe with a size too large for the current wielder. How she manages to use it was beyond the system, but somehow, she can still wield it with ease. That said, she casually walked along the path that was stretched before the duo. Looking back, she can see Ryo just casually collecting materials that he can find. "Oh! I never did tell you me name now did I? Name's Kaya." As she says her name, she turns around to face Ryo and gives him an eager grin and a sideways victory sign to boot. "Hehehe" As Kaya mentions her name, Ryo suggests that the cave should be nearby. "Right... so this way then." Kaya still wasn't really sure where to go so she just picked a random direction, and lo and behold, she finds the cave. "Sweet! found it! Come on!" She urges Ryo to hurry up and head to the cave.

@Ryo

Ryo followed the woman as they walked, he looked at her weapon of choice. An oversized scythe that looked far more mechanical then it needed. Perhaps, it had some hidden function that he missed. Such as transforming, or simply changing the way she held it and her attack style changing with it. He shrugged his shoulders, not really caring. As long as she could use it there as no point as to wonder how she did. They were allies in the quest after all. "So, Miss Kaya-" Ryo began as he was interrupted by her saying that she found the cave and ran off for it. Ryo sighed, removing his hands from his pockets. "Alright, alright. I'm coming." He said, making his way there. The cave wasn't much, but it looked like it was either deep or it turned immediately in. Ryo couldn't see much in there and now regret not having accuracy boosting items on him. "Looks like it's dark, so accuracy is gonna drop. Unless you got night vision." He said, doubting that she did.

Ryo's Stats

Spoiler

HP: 460
EN: 46
Dmg: 9
Acc: -1 (debuffed from darkness)
Eva: 2
Mit: 7
~Passive~
Battle healing: Heals 8 hp at the start of each of my own turns.

Kaya turns to face her current partner in crime and gives him a an eager grin, "Nope, but I got this!" She says as she leans back, her right hand stretched out in front of her while her left hand covered her mouth - kinda. It looked like it was straight out of a manga or anime as Kaya somewhat looked down on Ryo as she flashed her little silver ring - of accuracy. "Hehehe we'll be fine." She says as she turns back to a normal person. Turning around, she takes a few steps forward before pausing right in front of the dark damp cave. Afterwards, she frailly began stepping forward, with each step becoming smaller into a ball. As she trudged forward, her eyes kept a look out everywhere. She may appear confident and bold under normal circumstances, but when it comes to darkness, let's just say, it's not Kaya's strongest suite.

@Ryo

Edited by Kaya