[F2-PP] Thinking of a name is poisonous<<Venemous Warg>>

I calmly walk through the second floor within the town of Urbus wearing just my casual clothes, and having my familiar at my side once more doing just a basic patrol of the floor making sure everything is okay, and that their is no players that could be of need some help. I grin as i quickly think of the quest board that players could be at as i quickly make my way over towards their, and spots nobody that could be in need of my services. However, from the actual quest board i spot a quest that i hadn't heard of yet. The Venemous Warg? I say every so slightly confused do to not having heard of it before. I then pick it up and read through it and figures i could use some company to make sure that i don't at the minimum get bored out of my mind. Also encase the game decides to hate me by not allowing me my bleed effects. With that thought in mind i decide to message the one player i think wouldn't mind being sent a message about doing a rather lower leveled quest.

Spoiler

to: @Ryo

hello Ryo it is hestia. If you are up for it their is the venemous warg quest on the second floor. If you wish to join me on this quest meet me at the pub closest to the teleport pad where it is supposedly meant to start.

With the message out of the way i make my way over towards the exact pub location where the quest says to begin.

Stats'n'stuff

Hestia: 680/680   68/68 | 3 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 1 | LD 0 | MIT 89 | Thrns: 28 l  Bleed: 24 l Regen: 10 HP after being hit for 3 turns l Recovery +2 ENG on CD:6+ l 2x paralyze

Ryo followed Hestia for a small while. He had spotted her a short while ago and planned on saying hi. His menu dinged and he saw that it was from Hestia. Ryo chuckled as he leaped up and latched himself onto her back. "Hey Hestia! How you been?" He asked in a cheerful tone. "I got your message, and I couldn't come fast enough!" He said joking with the woman. He opened his menu and looked at the message. "Oh, another quest? I'm down for it." He said, agreeing with Hestia's offer. "You wanna go to the pub first still, or nah?" Ryo asked, jabbing a thumb in the other direction towards the pub. "So, what's the venomous warg about?" Ryo asked Hestia, not knowing the quest all that well. He didn't know much else to say other than, "How have you been Hestia? You find anything to do for valentines day?" He asked.

As i was about to make my way to the pub i feel someone touch my body as i quickly hear who it is as i turn my head to look at the man. Hey Ryo rather speedy timing. I say with a small chuckle as i look to my familiar with a look who just flaps his wings once. Kuro letting me know that the person that had been following us for awhile was in fact Ryo. A rather strange thing for certain, but nothing to worry about since the man has a crush on another girl.With my familiar able to find the person do to the fact he is a animal with superior senses, so spotting a person would be easy. yeah another quest something that will be ridiculously easy do to how over leveled we are for the quest. I say as i start to make my way over towards the pub without a second thought after saying that. Also i don't know what the quest is about i can only guess that is something that will involve canine like enemies with one or all of them having some poisonous ability to them. I say with a shrug knowing i am stating the obvious, but that is all i have in regards to the name. I've never done this quest before, so i don't have any information on hand about it. Also i've been pretty good for the most part, and i still have absolutely no plans for Valentines day besides cooking her a nice dinner. I hope by then i can find a place that is absolutely breath taking to take her to for a nice scenery to enjoy the night with.

"Oh, a dinner! What a marvelous idea!" Ryo said, clapping his hands. Perhaps Teion would like something of that sort. A handmade meal, maybe some candles or something to that effect would be nice. Or, would that be a bit too forward? He ran a hand through his hair. Thoughts for another day. "Poison huh?" Ryo said again, repeating Hestia. "Do we have any antidotes for the case of us becoming poisoned?" Ryo asked. He wasn't too worried about killing the mobs fast enough, but he didn't know if the poison was potent enough to kill a player or not. Or how long the poison persisted. "I'm just going to guess that we just murder a few things, and turn it into the quest giver. Seems like most of the quests have that logic behind it." Ryo said, stating things as he saw them.

I chuckle a little bit at you complementing the idea. Not really finding it all that impressive since it is rather basic for the most part in my opinion. Once the topic of the quest becomes the focus of conversation i just nod my head when you repeat what i say. I think i might have one or two antidotes on me, and even if i don't we're easily over leveled for this quest that we'll defeat the thread before it could do to much damage against us. I say feeling very confident about our odds for taking down this quest with absolutely no trouble at all. And yeah the idea of the quest objective is most likely that which is a bit disappointing. It would be lots more interesting if these quest could have more variety then just go and kill something. Like quests with interesting story lines or just ones with more complexity then being a killing machine would at least spice things up ever so slightly. I say with a shrug of my shoulders as i then start to make my way over towards the pub to start the quest.

"Hey, I'm just saying. Being poisoned is not high on my list of things I'd like to be." Ryo said, joking with the woman. Ryo followed the woman and opened the door for the woman. "M'lady." He would say politely, before following her in. The pub was messy and loud. Not a kind of place that Ryo would like to hang around in. "Let's hurry and get this quest done. This place makes me uneasy." He said, leaning his head towards Hestia and whispering to her. Ryo followed Hestia throughout her quest steps. Chatting with the NOC, gaining a few items, some quest hints here and there and other general noob answers that Ryo already knew about. Ryo had run out of conversation topics. "So, how did you and this mystery girl you're dating meet?" Ryo asked his new friend, his hands planted firmly in his pockets.

If being poisoned is your worst case scenario of things Ryo then you shouldn't worry all that much. I can imagine being around some people are rather poisonous themselves to be around. I say jokingly back with a grin as i nod my head with a smile as i enter the pub first as you politely allowed me to do so. I look around the pub as i eventually spot the man that the request for help described as i walk over to the somewhat large individual who has a beard and decent clothing at the very least. Just enough to differentiate between the other NPCs since it looks like merchant type of clothing. yeah i'm fine with getting this over with in being here. I say to you pubs not being all that great for myself also since the only type of people who seem to be here is the worst kinds, and the NPCs that just reside on this floor. I walk up towards the NPC and sit down. Hello sir i am here for the Venemous doggo problem you seem to be having. The name is hestia, and my friend here is Ryo. I say calmly gesturing to you when saying your name as the man nods and tells me all the information i need and hands me a antidote for both of us to use encase we get poisoned. I just nod my head and thanks the man as i get up, and then heads out of the pub to just get out of it as fast as possible instead of excitement for completing the quest. 

Ryo chuckled. "Yeah but imagine how to poison worked though. I mean a poisonous personality is bad and all but you can avoid them. A poison is in you, inside you. There's no running away. And not being able to run, is always terrifying." Ryo said as they approached the counter. Hestia sat down at the bar and introduced herself. Hestia introduced Ryo for him, and Ryo gave a slight wave. "Yo." He said, giving the NPC a smile. Ryo happily took the antidote from the NPC and added it to his inventory. Ryo didn't really pay all that much attention to the NPC, or the quest all that much. Just enough to where he knew that they had top go murder some things, and where to find them. "Alright. This sounds easy enough. Maybe I was getting worked up over nothing." Ryo said as the pair exited. 

However, even then Ryo if a poison is dangerous in the sense you can never run away from it at the very least you can get some type of cure for the poison. For people with  a poisonous personality it is difficult to try and fix them since they usually think they are correct when they are always wrong with how they are meant to act. That they have this sort of ego, or way of acting that makes them think they are better then others maybe. i tell you with a small shrug of my shoulders not that sure near the end from not having the most wide spread experience with people with such personalities. When given the antidote i just down it right away since it will prevent the next poisoning attempt against myself by the warg who is apparently poisonous. I wouldn't even know you would get worked up at all. Again Ryo we're over powered for this quest in every way. In damage, mitigation, and in levels. We're overqualified for this in every right. I say calmly as i get up and starts to make my way out of the pub. So then Ryo how is your time with that girl you're trying to date? Any luck with that?

Ryo rubbed the back of his head. "Well, when you put it that way." He said, chuckling. "But be careful though, don't want you going around thinking that you're always right. Might make you poisonous." He said joking with the woman. And again, she reiterated that he was overthinking things and that they'd be fine. But that kind of attitude could get people killed. Overconfidence is what killed Lowenthal, and countless other people. "Still. We mustn't be too careless. Better safe than sorry." He said, following the woman out of the pub. He stopped for a second, surprised about her next question. "Uh who, Teion? Yeah no. No ground made just yet. But I am working on it." He said, giving himself hope. "I mean, she's so hard to get a read on. She doesn't do much but she's gotta do something that entertains her. Right?" Ryo scratched his head as he continued walking. "What do girls like? You're one, could you give me a hint?" He said, cupping his hands together as is he was praying.

I chuckle a little bit at that knowing that such ideas are rather dangerous to have, but this is just a baby quest that any player their level could most certainly solo on their own, and complete within only a moment of their time with the amount of damage they should be doing by that point. I know it is a bad mentality Ryo, and i don't carry that into other quests. however, this is like going towards Long Live the Queen again and being worried about that. It is just silly really. I say with a dismissive wave not feeling any fear or worry from this low leveled quest.. I look towards the antidote that i had received from the merchant and just shrugs and then downs it in one go without much of a care figuring that i should at least do that to follow the better safe then sorry aspect of your advice.

Well if you work at it i'm sure given the time you will be able to make it up to this Teion girl Ryo. Wait just to make sure do you know if she has a boyfriend at all? Cause if you are trying to move onto a girl who already has a boyfriend within a game like this the odds of you making it out could drastically become reduced if you try to make a move on this Teion girl. I say wondering if you even bothered trying to find out that information or not before trying to pursue this one girl. Also yeah most people have something that entertains them whether they wish to admit it or not. Also for what girls like the answer obviously varies since people have vastly different personalities. So something she likes would be different from what i would like. Furthermore, if this girl is supposedly a hard one to get a read on i wouldn't have much to offer since well i don't know what would be going through her mind. I say with a shrug and a apologetic look. Sorry Ryo, but i got nothing. I say to you as the exit towards the town progressively comes closer within sight as the duo walks through the town.

Ryo ran his hands through his hair. "Ahhh, [censored]! No, I didn't even ask if she has a boyfriend!" He said out loud, frustrated. He then listened in as Hestia failed to give him any useful advice. "Dammit, what good is all that common sense gonna do me?" He said, pouting. But Hestia at least had a point. Teion was, different. Not different in a way that was bad, just different overall. Normal means wouldn't work on her, he'd have to come up with a different form of approach. Not like, he had a form of approach that had worked before. He sighed out in defeat. "I don't know. I'll just have to default to that whole 'be yourself' thing." he said, waving his hand in a circle. Ryo opened his own Antidote and chugged it after Hestia did hers. Better safe than sorry, he thought to himself.

Wait you didn't ask if she had a boyfriend of any type? Shouldn't that be like the first thing you try to figure out before actively pursuing a girl. I ask with a slightly amused look at that fact as i try to do my best to keep myself from vocally giggling or laughing at the fact. Which i fail after hearing the common sense part as i just start chuckling for a little bit. Well common sense is better then bad advice. If anything if you want to get her something make some chocolates, or something like that. I mean who can actually hate good homemade chocolate of all things. I say to at least give a suggestion of some type having felt bad do to having nothing to offer that was meaningful, so i wish to at least give something that could be used even if it is as basic as this. Also Ryo even if the whole be yourself thing can be a cliche it is better then trying to play the part of someone else, and then having this Teion girl figuring out you were basically lying about who you are the entire time. I say with a nod of my head as i chuckle as a distant thought drifted through my mind. 'That just sounds like a really bad and cliche romantic comedy plot line.'

Ryo rubbed the back of his neck. Again, Hestia was probably right. But, would Teion even like chocolate? Not every girl loved chocolate, hell he didn't like chocolate all that much. It was bitter, and in some cases too bitter. Maybe fudge would be good as a dessert item, or maybe a shake or float? And the issue with the whole 'be yourself' thing was that he didn't know who he was. Before he became this guy, he was working with a bad group of people. He lied, kidnapped, and betrayed people, for no reason other than for his own personal gain. And it was only a matter of time before that group came looking for him. "Maybe she would like some sweets. Say, maybe sometime in the future you could be my taste tester for me? I wanna make sure I get everything right." Ryo said, excited to cook again. 

I nod my head with a smile at the idea as i wonder how good you could actually are at cooking. I can only assume at least halfway decent if anything from the fact that the game tries to make the cooking system at least somewhat decent with its attempts. The only downside would be if the RNG of how cooking is manages to make it absolutely horrible in its taste. Well i'm fine with being your little taste tester Ryo. I'm certain that you'll manage to make something absolutely amazing if given the attempts into doing so. I say cheerfully and optimistically as we walk along the way and out of the town of Urbus into the surrounding forest. By the way Ryo i've never really asked, but why don't you try to get a familiar? I haven't seen you with one yet, so i am rather curious about that. I ask with a small title of my head. Knowing their is really only two reasons to not have a familiar. That the person is afraid of animals to some extent, or if they think it is not necessary to whatever extent.

Eventually they arrive at the area with the supply cart with their being four wolves tearing into a supply cart with the Venemous warg just relaxing and watching from a distance as i do the only natural thing in this occassion. I activate Howl against all of the wolves and prepare for the fight by having them kill themselves on me. Just go for the venemous warg right away if possibly Ryo. If you can do so hit some wolves on the way their with some kind of AOE if it is your strongest AOE. I tell you with a nod of my head.

wolf rolls.(that i didn't do)

#94940 MD:10  Wolf DMG: 1 (minimum)

#94942 MD: 8  wolf DMG: 1 (minimum) Thrns: 28

#94943  MD:1

#94944  MD:10  Wolf DMG: 1 (minimum)

Venom Snapper

#94945  MD: 10  Poison inflicted 2/3 turns -1 do to antidote  1 DMG (minimum) from attack.    Regen activated +10 HP

[H:0] 3 l 3l 3l 3 Hestia: 750/750  62/72 | 3 DMG | EVA -1 | ACC 1 | MIT 104 | Thrns: 28 l  Bleed: 24 l Regen: 10 HP after being hit for 3 turns l Recovery +2 ENG on CD:6+   l 2x paralyze  Howl-10 ENG

Wolf:   HP: 50/50   DMG: 30

Wolf:   HP: 22/50   DMG: 30

Venemous warg: HP: 200/200 l DMG: 45 l MIT: 5 l ACC: 2 l EVA: 1  (has abilities look in quest to seem them. Takes to much space to put them all here.)

Ryo clapped his hands together once happily. "Well, I eagerly await to make you the best food you'll ever have. Say you a chocolate, or vanilla kind of girl? Oh, maybe strawberry." Ryo said, thinking of valentines day deserts. "Oh! You should bring this mystery girl of your over, I can make desserts for the both of you. We can make a day of it." Ryo said. He rubbed the back of his neck. "I dunno. I read that the familiar quest is really, grindy. Like, more grindy then normal." Ryo said, not wanting to do it without the proper skills or build, or items. "I'll get around to it though."

"So, fun fact. I can't AoE." Ryo said, coming back from his attack on the Venom Snapper. "My skill list literally has only single target skills." Ryo said, holding his katana at the ready again.

Spoiler

ID: 94897 BD: 8 (80dmg dealt to Venom Snapper)

[H:3] 3 l 3l 3l 3 Hestia: 750/750  62/72 | 3 DMG | EVA -1 | ACC 1 | MIT 104 | Thorns: 28 l  Bleed: 24 l Regen: 10 HP after being hit for 3 turns l Recovery +2 ENG on CD:6+   l 2x paralyze  Howl-10 ENG

[H:1] Ryo | DMG 9 | 3 DMG | EVA 2 | ACC 0 | MIT 7 |
HP: 460/460
EN: 38/46

Wolf:   HP: 40/40   DMG: 25

Wolf:   HP: 40/40   DMG: 25

Wolf:   HP: 40/40   DMG: 25

Venom Snapper: HP: 70/150 l DMG: 35 l EVA: 1

I like strawberry more then chocolate or vanilla. I say being honest not seeing a reason not to be. Especially if this man is as great as a cook he claims to be. Also when you say make a day of it. Does that involve that Teion girl also? Make it a double date of shorts? I ask with a grin on my face wondering if i will get a reaction out of you of any type. I then watch you only attack the Venemous warg as i look towards the group of enemies as i hear your comment and just raises an eyebrow at that. 'Huh i guess i just imagined Crozeph having an AOE...stupid memory.' I think to myself rather embarrassed that such a thing had happened. Having bee rather confident such an idea would work, and it doesn't help that most people have some type of AOE to their weapons. Apparently not Katana it seems like.  I shake my head for a moment to clear my thoughts as i extend my sword following the step for my sword art then waits till the wolves are close towards me and then quickly spins around as most of them seemed to have dodged it with ease except one who quickly shattered afterwards. The remaining wolves in the red in terms of health with only a singular exception. I then watch as the Venom snapper makes its way towards you and manages to land a successful hit.

Spoiler

[H:0] 3 l 3l 3 Hestia: 747/750  52/72 | 3 DMG | EVA -1 | ACC 1 | MIT 104 | Thrns: 28 l  Bleed: 24 l Regen: 10 HP after being hit for 3 turns l Recovery +2 ENG on CD:6+   l 2x paralyze  Poisoned-10 HP   Recovery +10 HP 1/3 poison remain.

[H:1] 0 l 0 l 0 Ryo | DMG 9 | 3 DMG | EVA 2 | ACC 0 | MIT 7 |
HP: 432/460
EN: 38/46

#94946  BD: 4+1=5  MD: 1

#94947 BD:2+1=3  MD: 10 1(minimum) DMG

#94948 BD:4+1=5 MD: 8  (1 minimum DMG)   28 Thrns

#94949  BD: 10   MD: 8   5x3=15  MD: 8  1(minimum) DMG   28 Thrns

Venemous vs Ryo

#94950  MD:8-2=6  35-7=28

Wolf:   HP: 40/40   DMG: 25

Wolf:   HP: 12/40   DMG: 30

Wolf:   HP: 12/40   DMG: 25

Wolf:   HP: 0/40   DMG: 25

Venemous warg: HP: 70/150 l DMG: 45 l MIT: 5 l ACC: 2 l EVA: 1  (has abilities look in quest to seem them. Takes to much space to put them all here.)

Ryo did his best to weave and dodge the Venom Snapper, but his long and heavy blade only slowed him down. The Venom Snapper manage to get a good clip in and leap back. Ryo's HP regen kicked in, and he was closer to a wolf. So instead of going after the snapper for the second time, he figured a dead wolf would serve a better purpose. His katana was brought down, and the undamaged wolf was brought to pixels with great ease. Now Hestia could focus a bit better without having to worry about another mob on her. "Alright. You were right, this is way too easy." Ryo said, not even remotely worried about the wellbeing of the two in this fight. The fight was child's play. His basically undid all the damage the Venom Snapper did to him with natural regen, and he still had his antidote effect in play. "Now that you mention it, a double date doesn't sound so bad. But I mean, we're not dating so would that be a good idea?" He asked aloud, still trying to avoid the warg. "A bit of a hand here?" He asked, annoyed at the creature.

Spoiler

ID: 94974 BD: 6 (80 dmg done to Wolf)

[H:0] 3 l 3 |
Hestia: 747/750  52/72 | 3 DMG | EVA -1 | ACC 1 | MIT 104 | Thrns: 28 l  Bleed: 24 l Regen: 10 HP after being hit for 3 turns l Recovery +2 ENG on CD:6+   l 2x paralyze  Poisoned-10 HP   Recovery +10 HP 1/3 poison remain.

[H:1] 0 l 0 |
Ryo | DMG 9 | 3 DMG | EVA 2 | ACC 0 | MIT 7 |
HP: 442/460 (+ 10 from Regen)
EN: 31/46 (+1, -8 from Regen, Sword Art)

Wolf:   HP: 0/40   DMG: 25
Wolf:   HP: 12/40   DMG: 25
Wolf:   HP: 12/40   DMG: 25
Wolf:   HP: 0/40   DMG: 25

Venomous warg: HP: 70/150 l DMG: 45 l MIT: 5 l ACC: 2 l EVA: 1

I see you take out another wolf as i just nod my head with a grin glad to have the enemies reduced down a little bit more as i follow through with my sword art once more. Keeping an eye on the warg as i quickly spins as the two wolves that are focused on me try to jump at me to bite into me. One of them as they are mid jumped gets cleaved in two and bursts into pixels while the other just barely jumps over the blade, but at the cause of missing me from jumping to high. I then turn and see the warg get hit also as it stops attacking Ryo, and refocuses back onto me. I see its movements start to get sluggish, but not before it gets a chance to bite into my ankle and inject me with even more poison as i quickly kick the warg away while sighing a bit in annoyance looking at the remaining wolf and Warg. Well you don't have to tell her it is a double date if you aren't dating. More so treat it like you want her to spend more time around people, and the nat some point my date and i will travel off on our own to give you two some alone time. That way it could possibly count as such, and could then have some time alone to possibly do something romantic during that alone time. I suggest getting back into the conversation after the attack since this fight isn't dangerous at all, and can have such casual conversation during it.

Spoiler

#94979  BD: 10  MD: (dead)

#94980  BD: 4+1=5 MD:2

#94981  BD: 10  MD:10 (poisoned again.)   15DMG Paralyze Proct, Bleed Proct   CD:4  -5 ENG

[H:2]  3 |
Hestia: 745/750  47/72 | 3 DMG | EVA -1 | ACC 1 | MIT 104 | Thrns: 28 l  Bleed: 24 l Regen: 10 HP after being hit for 3 turns l Recovery +2 ENG on CD:6+   l 2x paralyze  Poisoned-10 HP   Recovery +10 HP 3/3 posion  

[H:1] 0 l 0 |
HP: 442/460 (+ 10 from Regen)
EN: 31/46 (+1, -8 from Regen, Sword Art)

Wolf:   HP: 0/40   DMG: 25
Wolf:   HP: 0/40   DMG: 25
Wolf:   HP: 12/40   DMG: 25
Wolf:   HP: 0/40   DMG: 25

Venomous warg: HP: 55/150 l DMG: 45 l MIT: 5 l ACC: 2 l EVA: 1  (paralyzed,  Bleed 24 DMG 2/2)

Ryo gave the idea a quick thought. "That's, actually not a bad idea." He mulled the plan over in his mind some more. Invite Teion over for some Valentines Day sweets, invite Hestia over and her girlfriend. They would converse and mingle some and then leave. Leaving Ryo and Teion alone, in his house, on Valentine's day. It was such a simple idea, but it could work if he played his cards right. but what could he do? What would he make? His thoughts ran wild. Cholate strawberries came to mind. Something simple, and sweet made sense. "Alright, mark your calendar. Let's make it a date." He said, giving Hestia a joke. He prepared to attack the Warg, but it heard him coming and pressed low against the ground letting Ryo's blade sail over it and dashed away. "Are you kidding me!?" Ryo cursed his luck, still unable to his something that couldn't move.

Spoiler

ID:94982 BD:5

[H:2]  3 |
Hestia: 745/750  47/72 | 3 DMG | EVA -1 | ACC 1 | MIT 104 | Thrns: 28 l  Bleed: 24 l Regen: 10 HP after being hit for 3 turns l Recovery +2 ENG on CD:6+   l 2x paralyze  Poisoned-10 HP   Recovery +10 HP 3/3 posion  

[H:1]
HP: 452/460 (+ 10 from Regen)
EN: 30/46 (+1, -2 from miss)

Wolf:   HP: 0/40   DMG: 25

Wolf:   HP: 12/40   DMG: 25

Venomous warg: HP: 55/150 l DMG: 45 l MIT: 5 l ACC: 2 l EVA: 1  (paralyzed,  Bleed 24 DMG 2/2)