(PP-F10) Mushroom Hunting

Kairi had followed just to be a part of the ride, and before long Tsu had spoken out saying that she doesn't need to always show it off, Kairi had gotten a little mad at that statement as it was basically telling her how to live her life. However to prevent any sort of fight or anything, Kairi had just shrugged it off, it wasn't worth fighting about, she will show off if she wants to and especially when she wants to. After a moment they had arrived at the location where it was covered mostly in mushrooms, and Tsu had asked if she could help them, however one thing that was a little annoying was her endless amount of saying the word "ribbit", she had judged her lifestyle a little but however she had just nodded her head and accepted to help them find some materials, however... after a bit of searching, she was unaware where any good ones would be.

@Hei

-----
ID:
95594 - LD: 2
T1 Mat Total: 6

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsu was getting even more angry vibes from Kairi, and Tsu could tell it was something that she did and not Hei. "Are you okay, ribbit? I feel like I got you mad at me somehow. Can you tell me what I did to get you mad? I don't like having any tension, rrrrrrrrrrrribbit.Tsu asked, looking at Kairi with a bit of a conerned look, hoping this would all end. After seeing Hei find another mushroom, Tsu crouched down again and plucked a bigger mushroom this time and put it away.

The silence of the cavern made the tension rise, but at the same time it helped Tsu stay calm and not get upset at a time like this. Tsu looked over at Hei and walked over to him. "If we want to head to the waterfalls, we should head through this cave, ribbit. On the other side should be the back end of the waterfall, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu explained, pointing to the cave not too far away.

ID: 95595 LD: 20 (Success)

2 T1 Mats Total

@Hei

Edited by Froppy

Hei noticed, that there was something going on between the two girls, but he didn't quite get what it was, so he decided it was the best to stay out of it. It wasn't like he had come here to be with them or anything, so if they had problems, it was their own liability to solve them. He had already been quite successful with his gathering, so he was about to continue on when Tsu came over to tell him, that they should head through a cave to the side if they wanted to get to the waterfall, and he wouldn't leave without seeing one of them, so he nodded. "Okay, then this way we will go. You can head up front, I'll follow your lead after I looked for Kairi. It seems she doesn't like the place really good." and so he pointed Tsu to go and walked to Kairi. "Hey there Kairi, let's go, Tsu told me that we get to one of the beautiful waterfalls if we go this way, what'd you say if we go there and take a look at it."

On his way through the tunnel Hei would continue to search for mats, but always stay close to @Kairi, if she is ok with going there, just to make sure everything is ok. Which lead to him not really having that much chances to find anything.

ID# 95610
LD: 3+3 = 6 -> nothing found
T1 total: 6

Edited by Hei
  • 4 weeks later...

It wasn't like she didn't like being around these two individuals... she had just not liked the fact they had been a little suspicious on her activity and being cute. Kairi had shook her head and said to Hei as he had began to speak to her "I'm sorry, I just have a lot on my mind right now, I hope you don't mind me. I just want some alone time, however, I hope you two will find a lot of materials. Here..." she had sent a friend request to the both of them and said "Just contact me in the future I will make it up to you, I feel a little bad I just want a little alone time, however maybe we could do a quest together. However, for now... I just wish to be alone." she had said before waving to them and parting ways back to the main settlement, Kairi had shook her head and walked away feeling a little bad for just ditching them, however hopefully in the future they would be better off since she had already messed up a few times.

@Froppy

- Kairi leaves the thread -

Tsu nodded when Hei said for her to take the lead while he looked after Kairi. That was good for Tsu, it would give her a little bit of time away from Kairi for things to ease up between them. Just a little bit later however, Kairi had said that she had a lot on her mind, apologized, and then had to leave. Tsu sighed and waved good bye, not really saying anything Kairi. She was a bit sad that Kairi had to go, but it was better to just let her go than force her to stay. Tsu accepted the friend request from Kairi and then walked up to Hei. "So now Kairi is gone, ribbit. Are you still up for the waterfall, ribbit? Just follow me and I'll lead the way, rrrrrribbit.Tsu said as she turned back towards the direction of the cave and skipped over to it. Her skips were more like short frog hops, but Tsu didn't really notice. Looking around the ground, Tsu couldn't spot any more mushrooms on the ground. "There should be more mushrooms inside, ribbit.Tsu said as they arrived at the entrance of the cave.

ID: 98007 LD: 9 (Failure)

2 Mats Total

@Hei

Edited by Froppy

Hei was concerned of Kairi, as when he had asked her to see the waterfall, she had excused her self and had left the group. She had said she had to much on her mind to enjoy the time with them, and so she was leaving and he wouldn't stop her. "Ok, it was nice to meet you, and I will message you when I got some free time." he said, accepting the friend request. Then he turned back to Tsu, who was the still with him, as she asked him if he was still in for watching the waterfall. "Of course, I will." he said and followed Tsu, who skipped towards a cave just like a frog. - There is so much frog in her, I wonder if it is just for character, or if she actually got some mental damage - he wondered, but he would not ask her.
Tsu was looking at the floor, searching for more mushrooms probably, but it seemed she wasn't lucky, as she told him that inside there should be more mushrooms. So Hei waited till they had reached the cave before continuing his search for materials. They hadn't even left the cave entrance when Hei saw a cluster of crazy coloured mushrooms and plucked them, getting four usable materials.

ID# 98068
LD:
18 -> CD: 10 -> +3 bonus mats -> 6+4 = 10 mats

T1 Total: 10

@Froppy

Edited by Hei

Tsu hopped through the cave beside Hei, looking around for more mushrooms. He obviously said that he still wanted to go to the waterfalls, and Tsu nodded. She wasn't having much luck at all with finding mushroom, but after Hei found 10 mushrooms at once, she clapped a bit and then went back to searching between hops. "Wow, you have the lucky touch when it comes to this kind of thing, ribbit.Tsu said as she looked around. Looking up, Tsu thought she saw a mushroom sticking off of the ceiling. Reaching up with her tongue, she tried to pull it down, pulling as hard as she could with her tongue. Tsu pulled it out, and she lost her balance for a few seconds. Instead of a mushroom, it was just a bunch of weeds that floated down to the ground. Tsu sighed and then continued on hopping beside Hei. "So, was there anything you want to talk about while we walk, rrrrrrribbit?" Tsu asked in between hops.

ID: 98080 LD: 2 (Fail)

2 Mats Total

@Hei

Edited by Froppy

After Hei had found some more mushrooms, Tsu had told him that he had the lucky touch when it came to finding mats. A soft smile appeared on Hei's face, when he turned to Tsu, who just in this moment used her tongue to grab something on the caves ceiling. - Her tongue is amazing, maybe she really is a frog human. I wonder how the game got those details for the game - he thought, before they continued further into the cave. He had wanted to tell her something about the games mechanics, but when she had used her tongue he had forgotten, so when she asked him what to talk about, he remembered. "There are a few things I'd like to talk a bout, but let's start with something I noticed quite often lately. You mentioned me being lucky with finding so many mats, and I believe there were more players I met who mentioned it, but it really isn't luck overall. You know how we are in a game and that our avatars in here have stats and skills? There is a skill called gatherer that increases the drops you get when gathering materials. And besides that, there is an enhancement I got in my cloak, that increases the chance of finding stuff. So it's not luck, but the game around us supporting me."
With that said, he wanted to show her how it worked. He opened his stats window and wiped it over to her, so she could have a look at the stats and skills he had mentioned. While Tsu could look at them, he had a quick look around the cave they had entered to see if there was something of use there. But as it always was now that he wanted to show her how it worked, it didn't.

ID# 98128
LD:
5 + 3 = 8 -> nothing found

T1 total: 10

Edited by Hei

Tsu looked around the cave a little bit more, not really spotting any more mushrooms, or any kind of mats. As Hei walked and Tsu hopped, she was starting to think that this path had already been cleared out by other players. Tsu turned to Hei as he began to explain the game's system on finding materials, going over the enhancements and the skills, and it wasn't really luck, just the game was guiding them. "I know how the system works, ribbit. It's just easier to say 'I'm having bad luck', rather than 'The game is not supporting me in the way I thought it would, despite my enhancements', ribbit. Sorry if I worded it wrong, rrrrrrrrrribbit.Tsu responded, before going back to hopping. Tsu heard a small buzzing around her, and she spotted a fly going around her head. After a few seconds, Tsu stuck her tongue out and smacked it with her tongue. Looking around, Tsu still couldn't spit anything. It seemed like the game wasn't supporting her today.

ID: 98129 LD: 8 (Fail)

2 Mats Total

Edited by Froppy

Once he had explained the games system to Tsu, she more or less reacted miffy, as she told him that she knew how the system works and that it was just easier to say that one had bad luck and not that the game did not support one. Hei had to grin when she said it like this, and so he said "Sorry, it wasn't my intention to make you feel bad for saying so. I just noticed that there are a lot of players who don't really know the system. If you aren't one of them, I am really sorry for thinking so." Then they walked further through the tunnel, Tsu slapping a fly with her tongue. He tongue was really amazing, but on the other hand it was a little upsetting to see what she did with he tongue. Who would use the organ he used for tasting to collect probably poisonous mushrooms.
When they walked further they reached the end of the cavernous tunnel and the cave opened up into a big hall like cavern. They could hear the rush of the waterfall, that entered the cave on the left side, and fell into a lake that made up half of the caves floor. With the glowing mushrooms all around, it just looked gorgeous and Hei couldn't not stare with open mouth. Blinking a few times brought him back and he simply said
"This looks amazing. You were right with leading us here."

Tsu waved her hand in dismidsal when Hei apologized for thinking that she didn't know how the game worked when it came to finding materials. "It's fine, I just worded it wrong, that's all, ribbit. You didn't make me feel bad either, so don't worry about it, rrrrribbit." Tsu assured, sticking her tongue out and winking. When telling someone that nothing was wrong with what they did, Tsu saw no harm in being a little bit playful or funny.

When they reached the end of the tunnel, Tsu wasn't surprised when Hei stood with his mouth open and just staring at it. He said it was amazing and she was right for leading him here. "Yeah, I found this place looking for ingredients, ribbit. It gives me a nice little chill when I just watch the water crash down. It's just really nice to look at, rrrrrribbit." Tsu said, leaning against the wall of the exit of the cave.

• 2 weeks later...

Tsu assured him, that he hadn't offended her with assuming she wouldn't know the game mechanics, and she had even winked at him when telling him that. So Hei was sure that everything was alright between them even though he had done this. Once they had reached the waterfalls, he had stopped and stared at the beauty that was ahead of them and Tsu had told him, that she had found it while looking for ingredients. "You got really lucky with finding this place. It's so beautiful, and I could stand and stare at it for hours. Is there any place to sit and watch?" he asked her, but at the same time had a look for himself. He didn't saw anything that was obviously made for sitting and watching, but he thought there would be some stone he could sit down later. "You mentioned you found it looking for ingredients, so you have a profession already. Would you mind telling me what profession you took?"

Tsu shook her head when Hei asked if there was any place to sit and watch. "No, ribbit. I just lean against the wall, or sit against it. It's pretty, but sitting on the ground is about all there is to sit on, rrrrrrribbit." Tsu answered as she started to sit down against the wall to watch the waterfall. Hei then asked what profession Tsu took, since she said that she was looking for ingredients earlier. "Oh, I'm a cook, ribbit. My shop is on this floor, it's called McFroppy's, ribbit. Business is slow, but I always like to be prepared with ingredients. McFroppy's is basically McDonald's, I made it like that to help players get a familiar place to eat at, ribbit. Some people in here just want to have something to hold on to, and I think a McDonald's would be a nice little reminder for them, rrrrrrrribbit.Tsu answered, going into a bit of a story as she usually did.

• 3 weeks later...

It seemed that there really wasn't any place to sit in particular, so when Tsu sat down against the wall, he walked over to her and sat down next to her, watching the waterfall with her. It still was an amazing view, and he was sure that he would return here in the future to enjoy it. Then Tsu replied to his question about her profession, and she told him that she was a cook and that she had opened a shop on this floor, that was called McFroppy's and was the in game equivalent of McDonald's. "That's a good thought, I bet people love it, and I for sure will visit you now and then to have a burger."  he said and thought about when he had last had a burger, and realized that it had been over two years now. Shaking his head slightly about this, he sighted and closed his eyes, letting the rush of the waterfall clear his mind, to then open his eyes and with new drive stand up again. "What'd you say about getting some more materials and in the end we divide them between the two of us?"

• 2 weeks later...

Hei called McFroppy's a good thought and added that people would love it, which made Tsu laugh a little bit as she rubbed the back of her head. "Well, business has been pretty slow honestly, ribbit. I think it the fact that it's on this floor. Some people like Kairi for example are creeped out by this floor, ribbit. I put the shop here because I wanted to live here, mostly for the frog ponds. So I kinda shot my own foot there, rrrrrrribbit." Tsu explained, standing back up. Hei then suggested grabbing a few more materials and then splitting them up. "Sounds good to me, ribbit. Maybe we could stop by my place and I could fix up a steamed ham for you. Oh, but the ice cream machine is broken as usual, rrrrrrrrrrribbit." Tsu responded before laughing some more.

"I can't understand them. This floor is really relaxing with the darkness and the smooth lighting by all those mushrooms, not to forget the water that is everywhere if you just look close enough. I'll try come and grab a bite every now and then. " He said, hoping that Froppy wasn't feeling to bad about her shop not going well. He knew how it was, as his shop hadn't gone well for a long time, it had just lately started to flourish well, as it seemed most other tailors had closed or weren't that active right now. When Froppy then told him, that she liked the idea of gathering a little more mats and dividing them, he stood up, and Tsu then added, that they could get some food at her restaurant before he would leave again. "That's pretty nice of you, so let's do it." He said, and with a last look at the waterfalls, he turned around to go and look for some more mushrooms to gather, and to his own surprise, there was a big cluster just behind the next stony corner.

ID# 100320
LD:
13+3 -> CD: 12 -> +3 Bonus mats
T1 Total: 14

Edited by Hei

Tsu never really felt bad about people not coming to her shop, she knew exactly why. Hei tried to comfort Tsu by saying that this floor was beautiful and he didn't understand why people hardly came. "It's fine, I don't really mind it all that much, ribbit. People don't come because of the town itself. A lot of people find the hollow NPCs unnerving and flat out creepy, ribbit. I find them adorable, but most people disagree there. I like the peacefulness though, so I'm still happy with how things are, rrrrrribbit.Tsu said as she started to walk back into the cave, getting one last look at the waterfall before resuming her search. Tsu spotted a hole in the the wall of the cave and stuck her tongue in, but only pulled out a rotten mushroom which she hurled on the ground immediately. "That was awful, I could just feel the rotten of it on my tongue, rrrrribbit.Tsu said as she wiped off her tongue.

ID: 100326

LD: 13 (Failure)

T1 Mat Total: 2

@Hei

Edited by Froppy

Hei hadn't really thought about the hollow NPCs until Tsu had mentioned them, but to be fair, they looked a lot more spooky than most other NPCs, so eh could understand people not really liking them. On the other hand, they were friendly NPCs, so there was no need to fear them or anything. Turning back to Tsu, he said "Well, you probably should be happy that many people don't like the floor, or it would probably be the end of it's peacefulness."  Hei and Tsu had wandered away from the waterfall, and after he had gathered a few mushrooms Froppy did one of her tongue tricks again, and tried to pluck something, but it seemed that it wasn't good. "You know, if you'd use your hands for this kind of action, you wouldn't have to taste the rotten." He said, wondering why she always used her tongue anyway. As he waited for her to react to this in any way, he had a look at the area, and had to accept, that there wasn't anything he could gather right here. Maybe he would be lucky when they continued their way back to town.

ID# 100374
LD: 7 + 3 = 10 -> nothing found
T1 Total: 14

Edited by Hei

Tsu nodded her head in agreement when Hei said that she should be glad that many people don't like the floor, since it would most likely end the peacefulness of the floor if it got busy. "I have to agree with you there, ribbit. I prefer the peace of this floor over the hustle and bustle of floors like the first floor, where weak players are always going about their business. It's nicer to live in peace, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu responded, trying to picture what the floor would be like if it was constantly busy. It wasn't a good thought. When Tsu used her tongue, Hei said that if she just used her hands, she wouldn't have to taste the rotten. "I would if I could, ribbit. But most of the stuff I'm reaching for is small slits in the cavern wall. My hands don't exactly fit, rrrrribbit.Tsu said, sticking her tongue in another small hole, but it was yet another rotten mushroom. "Besides that, it's just more fun to use my tongue, ribbit.Tsu added as she looked through the cave. If this place wasn't already cleared out, then they had cleared it out on the first walk through.

ID: 100676 LD: 4 (Fail)

T1 Mats Total: 2

@Hei

Edited by Froppy

It seemed, that Tsu was aware of the possibility of many players destroying the peace that was what made the tenth floor so special, and so she had told him, that she really liked it this way better, and that she didn't like the hustle of the lower floors. Hei, who himself lived on the first floor in the main settlement was glad that there was such a rush of different people everyday, who always were doing something. "Okay, so you can enjoy the peace up here. I will still come and visit you every now and then, just so you don't get lonely with so little players" He said, thinking of how he would feel with nearly no one around all the time. Of course, he could like the idea of silence, but not every day, and not all the time. Hei needed the voices of people all around him, so the first floor was better suited for him.

When Tsu had picked a rotten mushroom with her tongue he had asked her why, and she had told him, that her hands were to big for most places she was reaching in, and that it was just more fun in general for her to use her tongue. When she once more used her tongue to pick something, she had to notice, that it was just rotten mushrooms once again. "Maybe you should look for the once you can pluck with your hands, and you can see before you reach in for them." And just to show her what he meant, he had a look at his surroundings and just as he was about to return to her, his gaze fell upon a big group of tiny purple mushrooms. He walked over and plucked them, returning with a full 4 Mats.

ID# 100894
LD: 13 + 3 -> 16 -> CD: 12 -> +3 Bonus mats -> +4 mats

T1 Total: 18

Edited by Hei