[PP - F21] Time to Fish!

Ruby had sighed as she had looked over from side to side while in the 21st floor, she was a little disappointed that she didn't get the Lifemend item from the special event that had happened not too long ago, she would have died to get something with Lifemend. She had remembered that a merchant had the Item named Shield, however it was said to be taken... however it had been sitting there for a while. Ruby had took a deep breath and thought to herself that at least she would try to ask if there was any way that she could potentially get the item. She had opened her menu's and sent a message to the man:

To: @Shield

Subject: Lifemend Item

Hey, I know you don't know me. However I was the blonde haired sexy healer babe from the Floor Boss. Quite a time consuming boss wasn't it? Anywhoo, a while back I had visited your store seeing what you had and saw a Lifemend Item, however it said it was taken. However... from what I have heard its still there. Is there anyway that we could maybe discuss a trade maybe?

Coordinates are attached to my location

- Ruby.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crafting Consumables in Basic Kitchen:

Perfect T1 LD x 2              [8 T1 Mats]
Perfect T1 Prosperity x 2 [8 T1 Mats]
Perfect T1 Mitigation       [4 T1 mats] +2 slots from Dining Hall
Perfect T1 Protein            [4 T1 Mats]

Buying from Stock:

Golden Keys x 5
T3 Immolation potion x 1

Total:
24 T1 materials
5,900 Col

[~13,100 Col]

Consuming: 1 LD consumable, 1 Prosperity consumable, 1 Mitigation consumable, 1 Immolation potion

The costs for boosting Shield's odds while grinding for loot were steep, but the more he had paid the proverbial piper, the more he had found that such measures tended to pay for themselves quite handily given enough time. As he finished up a handful of items with helpful stat boosts, he heard the ping of his inbox. There was a message there from a player whose name was only vaguely familiar.

"Ruby..."

As he read on, he was reminded of both the brash mannerisms and the appearance of the other large party's support player from the mentioned boss fight. He had no issues with meeting and making arrangements with new players, but he was fairly certain that he was in for a colorful experience from how she had chosen to introduce herself. He sighed, packing away a few extra consumables just in case they would be necessary and then quickly scarfing down the ones he had made himself as he penned a response.

"To: @Ruby

I'll be there shortly. The item is still available. The player who had once spoken for it has since withdrawn from our arrangement. We'll see what we can come up with.

Shield"

With that, he struck out for Taft and the teleportation plaza. By the time he had arrived in Tomoika, it was well into the afternoon. The coordinates seemed to lead him towards one of the floor's many subterranean pools. He was no stranger to the layout of the floor by now, though he was sure it held a few secrets still. He came upon the player, who he recognized but for the seemingly new hair color. He raised his hand in greeting.

Edited by Shield

Out of the corner of her eye, she had seen that he had eventually messaged her back saying that he would be there shortly, and the previous player to purchase it had abstained from the deal, and they would see what they could do. With a smile, she had knew that the player that had potentially originally made the deal with him won the item or got another one. She had crossed her legs and leaned back in the bench placing her arms on the back of the bench waiting for the man to appear. Looking from side to side she had seen a lot of people wearing decked out armor, in which she had thought that must be torture eventually. However looking over to the Left she had eventually seen the man in question, Ruby had smiled and stood up and accepted the handshake and said out to Shield "I presume you must be Shield? I guess this is a good time to get to know the basics of each other. My name is Ruby, a Support with Martial Arts.

@Shield

Shield gave Ruby a nod to acknowledge her guess, listening as she introduced herself, or at least her abilities. It was an odd sort of greeting given the nature of their business, but regardless, he had no issues with replying in kind.

"Fair enough," he answered, lifting up the shield on his arm to qualify his own credentials. It appeared to be a grizzly looking mask with glowing red eyes and vicious fangs. "I suppose I would be classified as a full support tank. I draw focus and keep the heavy hitters up while I let my thorns sort out the rest." With introductions aside, that left them with the matter at hand. "I'll be frank. Most of the offers that players have sent have been unspectacular. Col and crafting materials have their place, but they've gotten me about as far as they're going to for now. Really rare items like the armor you asked about are going to fetch a different kind of price tag."

He held up a finger, indicating that he knew how that sounded and had points to clarify before Ruby would be likely to grasp his full meaning.

"I don't expect players to have rarities like that just lying around to exchange though," he said. "All I'm asking is the chance to try to find something useful that I can put to good use on the battlefield. If we find enough unidentified gear, I at least have a shot. If you can offer me a means to that end, then we may have a deal."

He opened his menu and summoned out a handful of snack foods, one specifically geared towards Col drops, another towards general loot, and the last a protein item to enhance damage.

"If we plan to make that arrangement by fighting, I came equipped."

- T1 Perfect LD consumable
- T1 Perfect Prosperity consumable
- T1 Perfect Protein consumable

Edited by Shield

Ruby had introduced herself, and placed a hand on her hip and slighty moved to have a natural pose as he had introduced himself, using the Shield on his arm to display his name, Ruby had brought her other hand to her mouth and covered it as she had let out a small chuckle at his motion. However she had paid attention to hear that he would be classified as a full support tank, she was rather intrigued, she was interested in the Tank/Support type build, however she felt like she could be best in a different spot with picking up a skill to battle on her own, and to get some scout skills. Before Ruby could speak Shield had raised a finger to fully explain himself, he had said that he was basically is the chance to try to find something useful to put on good use in the battlefield. Ruby had looked to him with a smile and she had said to him "If it means I can get myself an item with Lifemend, then I can spend an entire day trying to find the things you are looking for. I don't have many scout skills as I am just starting that tree, however I have fishing, I can try my best to fish up some Treasure Chests however its not guaranteed that I will get a lot in a short amount of time, or that we wouldn't have trouble." Taking the items she had accepted and consumed the items.

- T1 Perfect LD consumable [+3 LD]
- T1 Perfect Prosperity consumable [+3 Prosperity]
- T1 Perfect Protein consumable [+3 DMG / -27 MIT I dont have]

@Shield

"Fishing is a valid way to find things," he agreed, opening his inventory to check his gear. He was already spec'ed for combat. "Fishing is wisest when you have a reliable tank as it is, so we can probably work something out."

Now it made sense why the meeting location had been near water. He was relieved that it would be Ruby, not himself, who would have to do the actual fishing. He had just spent the better part of a day doing more than his fair share of fishing and for very little benefit other than to complete a quest he had not yet checked off of his list. It was also a relief to have a player present who could dole out more than thorns damage.

"If you've got a spot in mind, lead the way," Shield said, gesturing for Ruby to take the lead. "I won't be able to help you fish, but I'll be able to make myself useful in plenty of other ways."

Ruby had nodded her head in return to Shield saying that Fishing was a valid way of finding things, she had said out to him "For me, I have gotten some pretty good loot before fishing, however I have only fished up a few Treasure Chests, hoping that we can find some good loot then." she had giggled out. However eventually he had said out if she had a spot in mind to lead the way, he wouldn't be able to help her fish, but he'll be able to make himself useful in other ways. Nodding her head agreeing to him Ruby had said out to Shield "I know a spot where I had gotten a few chests before, however a Boss has been fished out there, so... don't be surprised if one would show up." she had chuckled then had walked forwards to lead him towards the lake. After a bit of time, they had made there way to the lake. Taking a seat on the ground she had sent the bobber out to the middle of the lake, and before long almost immediately the line had been caught, Ruby surprised she had reeled in as hard as she could, however after a bit of time a Monster had jumped out from the lake and landed before the two and pulled out a curved sword.

@Shield

-----

ID: 94662 - CD: 2 [Whoops]

Ruby - HP: 960/960 - EN: 96/96

Shield - HP: ???/??? - EN: ??/??

Shark Solider - HP: 640/640 - DMG: 192

Loot -

Ruby - N/A

Shield - N/A

Action: Focused Howl [-8 EN]

Passive: ID# 94666 results: Craft: 7 [Recovery Proc +6 EN]

[H:0] Ruby - HP: 960/960 - EN: 96/96

[H:6 ]Shield - HP: 1370/1370 - EN: 126/128 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 214 | BH: 68 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7

Shark Solider - HP: 640/640 - DMG: 192

Loot -

Ruby - N/A

Shield - N/A

With a grinding of the fishing reel and a splash of water, a battle was underway. Shield sprang out in front, his own shield raised as he filled his lings with air. His barrier slipped to the side long enough to allow a wave of sound to flood over the shark creature, pushing it back to the water's edge.

"Don't you worry about her!" he called out, his voice booming through the cavern. "I'm your real target right over here!"

The beady eyes of the finned attacker swiveled in their sockets to focus on Shield, and it bared its teeth, winding itself up for another attack. He unsheathed his weapon, preparing to use it as a conduit to gather energy. If Ruby really was a martial artist, she would be burning through her energy very quickly.

"Don't hold back," he called out to her. "Whatever energy you spend, I'll be able to at least keep your loss under control."

Edited by Shield

Before long, Ruby had looked up to the Shark Solider that had jumped out to face the two of them. Ruby had taken a deep breath as she was scared with the sudden monster that had landed before them, however she had gotten her act together and was ready to start swinging with Martial Arts. Looking over she had overheard Shield hollering, nearly going deaf for a moment she had straightened her posture as her punchin' arm had glowed a bright red as he had heard to not hold back. Ruby had chuckled and said out to Shield "Wasn't plannin' on it Heavy Armor." she had giggled at her bad joke towards his name, however she had walked up to the monster that had raised its Curved Sword against Shield and she had punched it on its cheek hearing a popping sound coming from it. 

@Shield

-----

ID: 94668 - BD: 6+3=9 [Hit]

ID: 94669 - MD: 2+1=3 [Miss]

Sword Art Used: All Might [Damage: 18*15=270]

[H:1] Ruby - HP: 960/960 - EN: 79/96

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1370/1370 - EN: 126/128

Shark Solider - HP: 370/640 - DMG: 192

Loot -

Ruby - N/A

Shield - N/A

Passive [+1 EN] ID# 94690 results: Craft: 2 [No Recovery]

Action: Parry - Vengeful Riposte [-5 EN - Cooldown 0/1]

[H:1] Ruby - HP: 960/960 - EN: 79/96

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1370/1370 - EN: 122/128

Shark Solider - HP: 415/640 - DMG: 192

Loot -

Ruby - N/A

Shield - N/A

Despite the blow dealt to it, the shark monster kept its eyes squarely focused on Shield. He lowered himself into a ready stance. As he thought through the upcoming fight, he remembered how much down time had been left between catches in his last fishing venture. Theoretically, it should suffice to refresh them. His actions now freed up, he held out his sword, beckoning with the blade as he held up his shield.

He had become quite adept at parrying and counterattacking with the Vengeful Riposte skill. He had unlocked the sibling mod, Justified Riposte, but stunning enemies tended to rob him of potential to deal back thorns and riposte damage.

"Come on, then," he growled at the aquatic beast. "Hit me as hard as you can. The harder, the better."

This was hardly a hollow invitation. He had noticed that the stronger his opponents tended to hit, the quicker their life drained away.

Edited by Shield

Ruby had looked over seeing that Shield had activated some sort of skill, she had presumed that it was one of the Parry skills, however she wasn't too sure. Before long he had said out to hit the monster to hit him as hard as he could, the harder the better. Ruby's mind immediately going to dirty places, she had let out a giggle, however seeing the Shark Solider hit him the Shark Solider had immediately moved back and squealed out a nasty sound as it had recoil damage and thorns damage on top of that, Ruby had blinked for a moment, this tank packed more damage than she had thought he could. However, she didn't just stand around and do nothing. Ruby charging up her punchin' arm again, she had unleashed a punch against the Shark Solider's head again, instantly killing it. Seeing the loot she had looked towards Shield and said to him hanging him a trade for it "Here's half of what it had given, no armor or anything, but its better than nothing right?" she had said trying to pull a silver lining.

@Shield

-----

ID: 94696 - BD: 3+3=6 [Hit]

ID: 94697 - MD: 7+1=8 [Hit]

ID: 94699 - LD: 18+7=25 - CD: 8

Sword Art Used: All Might [Damage: 18*15=270]

[H:1] Ruby - HP: 960/960 - EN: 63/96

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1369/1370 - EN: 126/128

Shark Solider - HP0/640 - DMG: 192 [96+87=183]

Loot -

Ruby - 4160 Col, 2 T3 Mat

Shield - 4160 Col, 3 T3 Mat

ID# 94701 results: Loot: 14+7=21 - +1 T3 Material [1 total]

Shield nodded, examining the finds and dismissing the window. It wasn't anything spectacular, but then again, from a single enemy that was to be expected. He turned away from the water, narrowing his eyes as he paced along the stony shore to see if he could spot anything else of use. As he did so, he spotted a fist sized chunk of crystal that was hiding behind a small pile of debris. He picked it up and transferred it over to Ruby to balance out the loot distribution so far.

Might as well find as much as we can and pool our resources. As close to fifty fifty as we can.

With that, he paced back nearer to the water's edge. Ruby was still a bit of a wildcard. She seemed decent enough, though perhaps a little boisterous. Not that he didn't know how to handle a boisterous character. In all actuality, that was exactly what he had to deal with any time he adventured with Beat.

Edited by Shield

Shield nodded, examining the finds and dismissing the window. It wasn't anything spectacular, but then again, from a single enemy that was to be expected. He turned away from the water, narrowing his eyes as he paced along the stony shore to see if he could spot anything else of use. As he did so, he spotted a fist sized chunk of crystal that was hiding behind a small pile of debris. He picked it up and transferred it over to Ruby to balance out the loot distribution so far.

Might as well find as much as we can and pool our resources. As close to fifty fifty as we can.

With that, he paced back nearer to the water's edge. Ruby was still a bit of a wildcard. She seemed decent enough, though perhaps a little boisterous. Not that he didn't know how to handle a boisterous character. In all actuality, that was exactly what he had to deal with any time he adventured with Beat.

After giving Shield half of the rewards, it was clear he wasn't too happy with the results, however she did make the point that it was at least better than nothing. However not saying a thing he had moved away from the water and looked around on the shore. Ruby had looked over tot he lake and she had sat down on the shore and sent the bobber back out into the middle of the lake. Having patience and looking back over to Shield she had said out to him "Well, since we are here. Might as well get to know each other better. A lot better than just standing around and being silent the entire time." she had giggled and looked out in the water "So... how did ya get here Shield? Bought the game because you liked the idea of a VRMMORPG? That was basically me, even though I had to battle for it on release. But in real life I am nothing special, I am just a clothes designer."

@Shield

-----

ID: 94703 - CD: 5 [1 Mat Found]

EN: [1/3]

Loot -

Ruby - 4160 Col, 3 T3 Mat

Shield - 4160 Col, 4 T3 Mat

ID# 94704 results: Loot: 7+7=14 - No materials

"I got my start in other games," he answered, continuing, though unsuccessfully, to search for materials. "My rival and I were getting tired of how we had already maxed out the skill trees in our last game, so when a new, revolutionary battlefield opened up, we both sprinted to it to get as soon as it was available.

He nudged a rock over, frowning as his investigations seemed to have stalled. He turned back towards his fishing companion of circumstance. She was unpredictable so far. She definitely did not seem to have been geared for offense before, yet she seemed to handle attacking just fine so far. Either way, as long as he could run interference and keep her safe and on the back lines, her exact job was less of a concern. If anything, it made the act of farming loot droppers better, since they could deal the damage more quickly.

Edited by Shield

Ruby had finished her first statement, asking out to talk a little but more about him. Before long he had begun to speak out to her informing her that he got his kick from other games, intrigued Ruby had continued to listen to his tale he had to share, saying that he had maxed out his skill trees in other games, and when a new battlefield opened up, him and his rival had sprinted to get it as soon as possible. Ruby letting out a giggle as she had realed in some materials and sending the bobber back out into the sea she had said out to the man "A rival huh, I presume he or she is still alive and kicking in SAO? I wish I could have someone I knew come in the game with me." she had giggled "Buuuuuut the truth is, I am just a American girl that had moved to Japan to fulfill her dreams of creating her own Clothing Line. Had to say goodbye to all family that I had and all my friends and my previous girlfriend." she had said out to him.

@Shield

-----

ID: 94709 - CD: 10 [3 Mat Found]

EN: [2/3]

Loot -

Ruby - 4160 Col, 6 T3 Mat

Shield - 4160 Col, 4 T3 Mat

ID# 94711 results: Loot: 17+7=24 - +1 T3 Material

It was just about time for Shield to let this part of the conversation be. He nodded and gave a sound of noncommittal acknowledgement, but Ruby had begun venturing down a road of very personal, in real life discussion that Shield was not about to reciprocate. Instead, he diverted back to less intrusive topics. Exes and family were definitely subjects he was not willing to brooch.

"Yeah," he said, recalling her comment on his rivalry. "A younger player named Beat. Back then, we were known as the Unstoppable Force and the Immovable Object, though more due to our stubborn obstinance than for our good qualities. Even now, though we manage to get along  he and I definitely have had our share of conflict, but when we got trapped, I suppose we immediately stuck together, just because we knew each others' skill and didn't much feel like trying to beat SAO solo."

Edited by Shield

Ruby had listened to Shield speak out and the rival he had been talking about was a man named Beat, Ruby had looked over to Shield with a smile and said out to him "Ahhh I know Beat! I had to touch him a little bit in the boss fight." she had giggled as she had laughed at her sexual joke that she had made, she had shook her head and said out to him "But it must be nice to know that someone you knew IRL is here and has your back through thick and thin. Something I wish I could be able to say." Looking back forward to the lake she had felt the line moving again, reeling it in, she was shocked to see another Shark Solider jump out of the lake with his sword already unsheathed and critically slashed Ruby. She had let out a yell as she was hit and was sent a few feet away from the solider as it hit her.

@Shield

-----

ID: 94712 - CD: 2

ID: 94713 - MD: 10

[H:0] Ruby - HP: 768/960 - EN: 96/96

[H:0] Shield - HP: 1370/1370 - EN: 128/128

EN: [3/3]

Loot -

Shield - 4160 Col, 5 T3 Mat

Action: Focused Howl [-8 EN]

Passive: ID# 94732 results: Craft: 10 [+6 EN]

[H:0] Ruby - HP: 768/960 - EN: 96/96

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1370/1370 - EN: 126/128

Shield rushed the battle, shoving the Manticore Mask between the shark and Ruby and shoving with all his might, sending the creature toppling backward. He threw his shoulders back to open up his chest as he took in a massive gulp of air. He projected the contents of his lungs like a cannon, propelling his voice at the sudden foe.

"You don't get to pick your target," he bellowed, brandishing his sword in his right hand. "I do!"

Ruby's health was steadily declining. He knew she was a healer though, which meant even if things got bad, she could always let herself rest and heal up between fights. Still, with the sudden appearances of the fish, Shield did feel like his job was now a lot less straight-forward. Usually, when he fought, he could pull aggro first thing. Now, no matter what, the fish got the first blow.

I suppose I have my banner if things get rough...

Edited by Shield

Ruby had looked up as she had landed on the ground, she had looked a little upset and a little hurt and surprised that it had happened, however, she had looked over to see Shield rushing over to battle, pushing it away from Ruby shouting out that it doesn't get to pick their target, and that Shield would. The Shark Solider wasn't happy at all and it had tried to hit Shield, however it had missed extremely horribly. Ruby shaking her head and thought to herself "You've got to be a special kind of stupid to miss someone not moving and wants to be hit." she had smiled and charged up her punching arm, and moved forward towards the Shark Solider and tried to use another one of her extremely strong sword arts against it, however punching forward the Shark Solider had looked forward and moved back just in time to get out of the way of her attack.

@Shield

-----

ID: 94737 - BD: 2+3=5 [Miss]

ID: 94738 - MD: 1 [Crit Miss]

[H:0] Ruby - HP: 768/960 - EN: 94/96

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1370/1370 - EN: 128/128

Loot -

Passive [+1 EN] ID# 94753 results: Craft: 1 [No Recovery]

Action: Parry - Vengeful Riposte [-5 EN - Parry Cooldown 0/1, Vengeful Riposte Cooldown 0/3]

[H:0] Ruby - HP: 768/960 - EN: 94/96

[H:6] Shield - HP: 1370/1370 - EN: 122/128

Loot -

"That's what I'm saying," Shield grumbled, rolling his shoulder impatiently and turning back to the Shark Soldier. "It always amazes me how bad some monsters are at hitting me."

Shield had already snagged its attention. It was time to go on the offensive once again. He turned the edge of his blade towards his opponent, shrinking and practically disappearing behind his shield as he held it closer to his frame. Only his feet and the corner of his face and eye would be visible to their scaly attacker, leaving it very few options of where and how to strike. Limiting the options meant be able to set up for better and more reliable counter attacks.

"Hopefully this guy shapes up a little, because he'll die a lot more slowly otherwise," Shield mused aloud. "Who knows though? I've seen some monsters who were spectacularly bad at landing hits. I've got some stories."

Edited by Shield