[F1-PP] The Second, with Jevi

Link to Quest

Minako was awake before the sun rose again. Her body much more used to waking up on its own. Years of streaming and playing late into the day had conditioned her like this. She had fans after all, and she wasn't about to disappoint them. Speaking of which, she had someone to meet with today anyhow. She made plans with Jevi to continue the quest line for beginner quests. The arranged time was for seven, but it was five currently. Minako could leave now and reach the place by five thirty, but then Jevi wouldn't be there for several hours. Minako yawned, the thinking putting her back to sleep. But she pushed through her tiredness and crawled out of bed.

Twenty-five minutes before seven, and Minako was already waiting for Jevi to arrive. Minako had already gone inside the blacksmithy and skipped his dialogue. She had delivered his package and received yet another chore from the man. They had to go out and kill a few boars and get some tusks. Minako realized that materials could be found in a plethora of ways. By just searching for them, or by having them drop from monsters. Seven came and Minako could see the familiar hair of her friend over the small crowd of people. Minako stood from her spot and waved her over. "Jevi! Over here!" Minako said, her smile beaming. When Jevi arrived, Minako filled her in on the quest details and began to stroll to where the quest was taking them.

The day's events had gone better than expected. What first seemed like a meeting that Jevi would regret, due to their opposite personalities, the brunette truly enjoyed helping out Minako with her beginner's quest.. even enough to maybe call it a nice friendship blooming. Jevi could remember the last friendship she had as such with Glory.. though that girl say Jevi as more of a 'guardian angel' rather than a friend, she had managed to bring out the better side of the woman, just as Minako was. The thought on the relationship formed with the younger Glory all those months ago had Jevi staring up at the ceiling of the inn she stayed in, wondering if her friend was alright.. or if she had perished like the rest. Slowly, the lids over her golden eyes shut, as Jevi fell to sleep.

The next morning, Jevi woke as the sun rose, leaving her just enough time to get herself ready and meet Minako at the other side of town. As Jevi's bare feet touched the cold wooden floor, her hand rose to summon her menus, while her other hand wiped the sleep from her weary eyes. Navigating through her options, the woman equipped her combat attire, which consisted of a similarly sleeveless shirt, with plated armor atop her body, legs, and arms. Once her armor was in place, the woman summoned a hair tie, and gathered all of the locks that fell over her back and shoulders into her fist, locking them in high ponytail with the hair tie, leaving the two braids to fall from her temples and end just above her shoulders.

With the Inn behind her, Jevi made her move through the always busy streets of the Town of Beginnings, trying not to let any other players bump into her and ruin the pleasant mood she was in. Soon enough, Jevi heard a familiar voice calling her name from the opposite side of the rode-- Minako, standing outside of a blacksmith's shop. "Oh, hey Minako. Hope you weren't waiting long. So, what do we have to do for this quest?" 

Minako fussed with her clothing as she and Jevi spoke to one another. Jevi asked if she had been keeping her long. Minako shrugged. "Nope, not that long." Minako said, lying coyly. Minako disliked waiting, but she also disliked telling people that she did. It was always a mental conundrum in her mind, choosing what to say or what to do. "Like I said." Minako began again, reiterating the quest. "We've got to grab a few Boar Tusks, and to get those we have to kill a few mobs." She said, almost a bit too excited. She hadn't used her weapon yet, despite it being one that she liked a lot. Her shoulder slumped as she walked. The pair walked silently for a bit, but silence bored Minako immensely. Unable to stand the silence anymore, Minako spoke up. "So, did you sleep well?" She asked, trying her hand out at normal conversation.

The corner of Jevi's lip twitched into a smirk when Minako revealed details that pertained to the second quest's objective, collecting boar tusks from taking out mobs. With one hand placed on her hip, the woman shifted her weight onto a single leg, "Sounds simple enough. This sounds more like something I can actually help with." It seemed Minako was just as excited for this quest as Jevi was, so it did not take long at all to begin their trek towards one of the gates leading out of the Town of Beginnings. Aside from the ambient noises of the town--which included players talking with each other, NPCs crafting in their shops, and the almost silent background music that played in this part of town-- the two walked in almost complete silence for half of the trip. Finally Minako spoke up, asking how Jevi slept. "Uhm.. alright I guess." the woman replied "My thoughts kept me up for a little bit.. as they usually do.. but I still think I got a few hours in. How about you?" 

Minako rolled her eyes heavily and completed the ensemble with a shoulder drop. "Like a log. I don't even dream at this point, I just kinda fall asleep and wake up a few hours later. It's kinda like blacking out from too much alcohol, but without the hangover in the morning." Minako said, adding a bit of dramatic flair to the end of her sentence. "And what do you think about that prevents you from getting sleep? Are they like 'Do penguins have knees?' or 'Is a tomato a fruit, or vegetable?' or or-" And Minako continued with other questions that either had a simple answer or were just pointless questions that didn't have an answer. She stopped herself abruptly in the middle of a question. "Oh, I'm rambling again aren't I?" She asked, giggling. "Sorry if I do that. It's a bad habit of mine, but it helped with my job so, it helps in a way?" She said, her face glowing.

Jevi's high ponytail bobbed with each step they took, her chin slightly tilted towards Minako as she went on about how she slept-- which was much more than Jevi had, that was for sure. The brunette could not help but let out a small chuckle when Minako compared how she sleeps to blacking out from too much drinking. "Yeaah." Jevi said, elongating her speech sheepishly, knowing far too well the effects of sleeping after a night of heavy drinking.. this time with the splitting headache and nausea a hangover so graciously provides. Golden eyes shifted from Minako to her front again as she asked what she thought about that kept her up at night. Her lips pursed, her lower lip curling more under the other as her teeth gently nibbled on the skin. She really did not want to fill Minako's mind with all of the terrible things Jevi had been through.. those she cared about disappearing, others dying.. 

Lucky for her, Minako simply took it as her rambling on, and dismissed her question. The brunette let out a silent sigh, before she caught on to a comment Minako had made. "Rambling helped with your job? What exactly did you do?" 

Minako bounced slightly at jevi's question. "Oh, you don't know me?" She asked, tilting her head. "That's such a relief. I'm used to people just, knowing who I am all the time." She said, giggling. "I'm an internet celebrity. Or at least, that's what the internet calls me." She said, thinking of her actual job. "I play video games for a living in my room while my parents fight downstairs." She said, smiling. "Well, I mean." She began again, trying not to end on that kind of note. "I mean, I play video games. I sing. I dance. All sorts of things for the people who watch me. I think I ended up with somewhere around, seventeen thousand watching me in my last stream. Most of them were from overseas though. I'm very popular in America." She said, humbly. "Last thing I told all of them was that SAO was going to be the next big thing. I can't even begin to think about..." He voice cracked. "About, how many are here because I told them it was going to be a good time." She said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"...Should I?" Jevi said, raising an eyebrow at the awfully strange reply she got about asking what her profession was. Turned out that Minako was an 'internet celebrity' streaming her life and video games for all to watch. Jevi had heard of people like that before, and she usually tended to stay away from watching them. Why would she want to watch someone else play video games when she could just do it herself. It started to make sense, Minako's bubbly personality, that greeting she had gotten yesterday that looked like it was practiced. Despite Jevi's feelings towards online streamers, she still smiled at Minako's response, happy that she found joy and success in such a hobby. However, the conversation seemed to turn when she told Jevi that in her last stream, she told everyone about how she was going to be playing Sword Art Online.. mostly convincing a number of the seventeen thousand people that had been watching her. It was then that the bubbly girl's emotions changed, the moisture that had welled up in her eyes finally spilling over and falling down her cheeks. "Oh, Minako." Jevi spoke in a concerned tone, placing a hand on each of the girl's shoulders as she looked her in the eyes, "You can't blame yourself for that.. you had no idea that this was going to happen. Besides, there's no way that all of those viewers went out and got the game. And even if a number of them did, they won't blame you for getting stuck in here." Jevi was normally not sympathetic like this with people, let alone caring about how other people felt. That did not stop the woman from pulling Minako into her chest and wrapping her arms around her to console her. 

Minako sniffled through jevi's shirt, her head placed on her chest and her tears staining the fabric that draped the woman. "But *sniff* what if they all *sniff* hate me now?" She stuttered out through her tears. "I was someone to them, *sniff* someone they trusted an-an-and *sniff*." She said, her sentence being cut off by her own tears as she tried to catch up with breathing. She had never talked about this to anyone, and frankly, she didn't want to but here she was talking away like it was some sort of gossip. "And, I betrayed that trust. I told so many people that this was going to be fun, and exciting, and a great time. And that we'd all finally be able to hang out together and have fun." She said, pulling her face away from Jevi. "Do you know what that feels like? To tell upwards of twenty thousand people, maybe even more, a lie like that? How many people have died, because I told them that this was going to be a 'life changing experience?" Minako said, her eyes swelling shut again.

"I-I doubt that they all blame you for it.." Jevi tried to tell the girl that was crying into her shirt. Her head still well above Minako's, Jevi looked around at other who passed by, their eyes shifting from their current path to the two women embracing, one of them bawling her eyes out against the other's chest. Jevi even caught the snicker of one player who found the ordeal somewhat entertaining.. that boy's attitude quickly changed when Jevi shone him a serious scowl. Minako's words began to come out more frantic, yet clearer without sniffles now that she had pulled her head away from Jevi. Her initial words seemed to just be her own thoughts broken down, blaming herself for nothing she had control over. However, as she went on, Jevi could not help but frown. Minako truly believed that many of these players deaths were because she told them that SAO would be a grand-old time. Did this video game streamer have that much of an impact on her viewers lives. "Minako.. I'm sure they don't blame you for this.. You had no idea that we would all be stuck here just as much as anyone else. We are all in this together now. And if they do blame you, then [censored] them.. if they would really stoop as low as to blame you for this, then they don't deserve to meet you or be one of your viewers. Those that really care about you will do what they can to keep you safe and to be your friend." 

Minako looked up from the tear stained shirt. "You *sniffle* you really mean it?" She asked, wiping her eyes and nose with her own sleeve. Although Jevi's words were a bit on the vulgar side they made sense. How was she to know they would be trapped in this game? And if they did come to her saying that it was her fault, they were wrong. Just like Jevi said, none of this was her fault. Minako sniffled again, managing to pull herself away from Jevi. "I'm sorry. I don't know where this came from." She said, her arms slumping to her sides. "But, I do feel a bit better for at least talking about it." She said, dusting off her skirt. She turned on her heels, feeling much better now that she got that off of her chest. "Now, that my self-pity party is out of the way, let's go hunting those mobs like we said we were gonna!" She said, her demeanor changing significantly.

Jevi normally was no good at consoling people.. nor did she really ever choose to. Usually, she would just say f*ck it and walk away as the tears started to flow. But of course.. her time in Sword Art Online made her soften up a bit. Her words on Minako, however, seemed to work as she looked up to Jevi, wiping her tears. "Well.... Yeah." she said hesitantly.  "Hey, we all have our moments. We're under a lot of stress in here. I've had my fair share of breakdowns too." her words were a bit kinder, and spoken through a soft smile. In the end, she was just happy that venting about it was enough to make the shorter brunette feel better about the whole situation. Jevi silently sighed to herself, before Minako spoke up again, saying that the two should get back to the task at hand. The brunette grin widened as her arms crossed at her chest, "Heh, and here I thought we were just going to talk about our feelings for the rest of the day." she began, sarcastically. "Come on, I'm sure taking out some boars will make you feel a lot better." 

Minako wiped away her tears, and opened her menu and equipped his naginata with blinding speed. "Right, no point in dwelling who did what. Let's get to murdering things!" She said, almost a bit too excited about the action. The naginata was almost as was short as she was. If not for the massive hunk of curled metal at the end, it would've been as tall as her if not so by an inch or two. Minako with her weapon and Jevi in tow reached the area where the young boars were located. Minako drew her weapon and gave a mighty yell as she rushed at one of the boarlings. The young boar heard Minako approaching, as well as could anything and it ducked out of the way. The tip of her naginata dug into the ground, causing her momentum to carry her forward some. She shot her head to the side, catching the eye of the baby boar which flinched in fear from her. "I'mma get that bacon." Minako yelled out, pulling her weapon from the earth.

Minako's Stats
HP: 20
Energy: 2
Damage: 6 (1 base + 2 two-handed + 1 Skill + 2 enhancement)

Combat Stats

Spoiler

ID: 95926  BD: 4(miss) MD: 3(miss)

[0] Minako | 20/20 | 0/2 | 6 DMG -2 energy from miss
[0] Jevi | 480/480 | 40/40 | 7 dmg | 2 Acc | 36 Mit | 7 thorns | 12 Bleed

Boar Youngling 5/5 | 5 dmg(no extra on criticals)

Minako's mood made a complete one-eighty when Jevi had brought up therapy through murdering little baby boars. After taking her spear-like weapon from her inventory, the brunette took on a quickened stride towards the edge of the city, leaving Jevi to break into a small jog to catch up to the girl. Almost immediately after spotting the small monsters, Minako let out a warcry that managed to get one of the boar's attention. Even Jevi turned to look at the woman with a shocked expression, Wasn't expecting that.. 

Though the girl let her excitement get the better of her as she missed the initial strike. Jevi soon followed in with her own curved blade. Taking two large steps, the woman took the talon-like sword and held it above her head, striking down vertically through the virtual flesh of the pig, killing it instantly. "Sh*t.. no loot drop.. Lets find another." 

ID 95927 | BD 10 | LD 6
Reaver: 1x1(+7 DMG)(+2 CIT) = 9 Dmg

[0] Minako | 20/20 | 0/2 | 6 DMG -2 energy from miss
[0] Jevi | 480/480 | 39/40 | 7 dmg | 2 Acc | 36 Mit | 7 thorns | 12 Bleed

Boar Youngling 0/5

Minako let out a cheerful laugh as jevi eaisilly brought down the boar youngling. "Amazing Jevi! You're super strong!" She said, as she finally managed to pry her own weapon from the ground. "I'm gonna try and kill one now." Ahe said, skipping up to another boar youngling. Minako raised her naginata again. "Now, just hold still little bacon." She said, holding up the blade high above her head, hoping to bring it down on top of the boar youngling. The boar squeaked, before rushing at Minako, not taking any of her threat seriously. Minako yipped backward, her naginata throwing her off balance as the youngling boar ran up and gored her shins with its tusks. "Why you!" Minako grunted, picking herself up.

ID 95985  | BD 1  | MD 9

[0] Minako | 17/20 | 0/2 | 6 DMG +1 Natural Regen -1 from basic attack | -3 HP from boar youngling
[0] Jevi | 480/480 | 39/40 | 7 dmg | 2 Acc | 36 Mit | 7 thorns | 12 Bleed

Boar Youngling 5/5 | 3 damage

Minako had believed that Jevi bringing a swift end to the young boar's life resulted from her strength, when in reality, the small beasts were not strong in the slightest. She could have taken one down without even using a sword art. She kept the thought to herself though as she simply smiled at Minako before following after to the second of the boars. Just as last time, the young girl missed her strike with her pole arm, leaving herself wide open for a counter attack from the boar. Jevi flinched as Minako fell to her rear, "You good?"  Jevi spun her sword in her hand before lunging forward herself to make quick work of the boar. Her sword missed its mark however, crashing into the dirt beside the piglet. "The hell?" she grunted, pulling the curve of her blade from the ground. 

ID 95986 | BD 4 Miss

[0] Minako | 17/20 | 0/2 | 6 DMG +1 Natural Regen -1 from basic attack | -3 HP from boar youngling
[0] Jevi | 480/480 | 38/40 | 7 dmg | 36 Mit | 7 thorns | 12 Bleed 

Boar Youngling 5/5 | 3 damage

The super boar dodged another one of the flawless Minako's attacks. At least in her mind. The boar took a small sidestep and Minako clumsily whacked at the ground with her weapon. Why was this entire thing about fighting a tiny boar so damned troubling? Minako stood up, only to get slapped back down by the baby boar youngling and its tusks. Her knees in the air, Minako planted her rear onto the ground starting to get fed up with the interaction entirely. "This is getting to be some bullshit," Minako said, rubbing her rear as she stood up. "I swear to, UGH, I'm gonna go feckin mental on this thing!" She screeched, ready to do more attacks against it. She started to have second thoughts on the whole, skipping the tutorial part of the game, just so she could get to the game portion of the game faster. 

[0] Minako | 17/20 | 0/2 | 6 DMG +1 Natural Regen -1 from basic attack | -3 HP from boar youngling

After being knocked to the ground by another tiny attack from the boar, Jevi stepped forward in an attempt to take out the beast with another single strike. Just as last time, however, the boar was quick on its feet, and rushed out of the way as Jevi's curved sword came crashing into the dirt. "Dammit." she cursed under her breath again, turning to Minako who had just gotten back to her feet. "Guess now is a bad time to say I'm more of a tank than a heavy hitter."  That was when the brunette realized.. she was a tank.. She didn't have to do any fighting, her armor could do it for her. Jevi crashed the blunt side of her sword against her chest, waving her other arm in the air. "Hey! Stupid boar! Come get some!" She tried to take the beast's attention off of Minako so that the boar would attack her instead. 

ID 96392| BD 4(Miss)

[0] Minako | 17/20 | 0/2 | 6 DMG 

The boar turned to Jevi as she taunted it by calling it a name. Instead of standing upright, and attacking normally, Minako rolled forward leaning in with her Naginata and stabbing at the distracted boarling. The blade hit, and the baby boar shattered into pieces of light that dance softly in the air. Minako's face of frustration turned into that of pure happiness, as an innocent smile appeared on her face. her giggling fit reached an all-new high as she cheered out. "YES! I finally MURDERED one!" She said, laughing out right now. Minako looked at the screen that appeared in front of her, awarding her a small lump sum of Col. She frowned a small bit, but closed the window. "Jevi, I only got a little bit of Col from that one, but I'll still share it with you." She said, happily.

ID: 96506 BD: 6 HIT
ID: 115290 LD: 1(nothing extra. +15 col)

Boar Youngling 0/5 | 3 damage [-5 hp]

Edited by Minako
  • 1 year later...

The woman's taunting seemed to work, despite not actually having the proper skills to gain the attention of a mob. The small boar's red eyes turned on Jevi, its nostrils flaring as it squared up with the woman. The young boar let out a squeal as it began to charge forward, but was met with a timely end as Minako's blade struck into the side of its hide, the tip of the blade poking through the opposite side of the monster before it shattered into red fragments of data. The brunette lowered her guard, letting out a small sigh of relief that the simple fight was finally over.. however her worries only returned when Minako exclaimed she did not receive the quest item needed, and only a little bit of col. Her head drooped for a moment before she looked up at the other brunette with a small smile and upturned eyebrows, "Nah, its alright. You keep it. You earned it." 

Just as Jevi was telling Minako to keep the money, she heard another squeal of a boar pup, one she had either not noticed, or one that had simply respawned in her blind spot. The beast rushed forward, leaping at the woman from behind and crashing into her armored back. As the small tusks of the monster collided with Jevi's heavy armor, a pulse of red light shot from her back, causing the boar pup to be thrown back onto the ground as mere fragments. "Huh?" Jevi said as she turned, seeing nothing but the small rain of red crystals as they dissipated into the ground. In front of her, a small screen rewarding her with one Boar Tusk. "Wait.. how did that happen?" 

ID 115295 | MD 7   | LD 13
3 (-36) = 1 Dmg to Jevi
9 Thorns Dmg to Boar Pup

[0] Jevi | 479/480 | 38/40 | 7 dmg | 36 Mit | 7 thorns | 12 Bleed 

Boar Youngling 0/5 | 3 damage 

+1 Boar Tusk

@Minako

Edited by Jevi