[F1-PP] The Second, with Jevi

Minako looked up at Jevi quizzically as she forgoed a portion of the reward. "You're sure?" She asked, not wanting to be greedy or perceived as stingy. She was happy to take the money however, she did need it. She kept the money, and readied her naginata again. "Alright, so that's what now. Only one tusk?" She opened her menu as quick as she could, fumbling through dropdown menu after dropdown menu. "And we need three. Cool." She said, disheartened.

She peered up from her menu to see a boar peeking from the tall grass. "Oh Jevi look out!" She said as she watched the boar leap from its position and slamming into Jevi's back. The boar exploded into pixels, dropping another tusk in the progress. Minako just stared at the toned form of Jevi. Everything Minako wanted to be, standing before her. Smart, brave, strong, tan, beautiful. How was it that Jevi didn't have a boyfriend again? She shook her head. "A boar leapt from the grass and slapped into your butt and died." She said, a bit giggly.

@Jevi

• 2 weeks later...

"A boar...what?" Jevi asked Minako, her dark hair shifting as she cocked her head to the side. Her eyes then trailed down to the armor she was wearing before letting out a small laugh "Oh, right. Thorns damage heh." Swiping open her menus, Jevi traded the accidental boar tusk over to Minako. "Alright, so what is that, 2 now? We just need one more right?" Looking around her general area, the woman did not see any young boars lurking in the grass around them. They may need to travel a bit farther out before running into another one. "I think its only fair that you take out the last one." Jevi said with a wink, "This is your quest after all.. only way you're gonna learn is by doing it." Taking a couple steps farther out into the fields, Jevi heard the rustling of a nearby bush, and the small tusks of a baby boar poking out from the shrubbery. "Look, there's one more. I'll be here to back you up if you need it."

@Minako

Minako nodded as she steeled herself to go toe to toe with yet another boar youngling. Minako walked up to the aggro range of the tiny boar and moved in to attack. Still new to her weapon she swung to high, and caught herself off balance. As the boar leapt at her, Minako squealed loudly and fell over causing the boar to miss her entirely, and crashing into the ground beside her. Both the boar and the clumsy girl lay face first in the grass. Both laid there for a few seconds, each one seeing stars and their respective rumps in the air. Minako was the first to her feet as she rubbed her knees clear of grass, and dirt. The boar got back to its own legs, and its head swivelled back and forth trying to find its prey. It lept about an inch into the air, spinning around to face Minako. It let out a mighty, high pitched squeal, and lowered its head, scratching the ground. "Darn it." Minako said. "I'm no good at this." She said, discouraged with her combat abilities.

ID: 116522
BD: 3
MD: 2

Boar Younging:
5/5 [     ]
3 damage on hit

Edited by Minako
  • 4 months later...

Jevi wore a small smile on her face as Minako walked off to take down the last of the boar younglings. The two stared each other down for a moment before Minako went in for the attack, or what she believed was an attempt to attack at least. With a high swing, the girl was thrown off balance, knocking herself to the ground. Lucky for her, at least, the boar's trajectory as it charged at the player had been for where her chest once was, so it missed its attack as well. Closing her eyes, Jevi placed an open palm on her forehead, releasing a sigh through her nostrils. Am I really about to complete this whole quest for this girl..? she thought to herself before taking a few steps forward towards the downed girl. "Come on Minako, pull yourself together." Reaching out a hand, she offered to help the younger player up. "As for you.." she said, turning towards the little beast with her curved blade. Raising the sword up over her head, she swiped downwards to cleave the boar in two. However, the small animal was quick, and hopped to the side to avoid her blade. "Why you little bastard.." she cursed under her breath.

ID: 124146
BD: 4

Boar Younging:
5/5 [     ]
3 damage on hit

Jevi | HP: 500/500 | EN: 49/50

Edited by Jevi
  • 3 weeks later...

Minako pointed at the baby boar. "See! He's really fast! It's not my fault that I'm so bad at this." She said readying her weapon. She swung down, but she knew the Boarlings tricks. And this time, what she had swung was a feint. Instead of hacking downward as she had been, consistently missing, she curved the blade instead and let the airflow of the blade carry it at an odd angle and caught the baby boar by its feet. Slicing the feet freely in one go, the baby boar vanished in a plume of crystals. Minako blinked for a second or two before her face beamed into a great big smile. "Jevi! I did it! I did it! I killed another one!" She exclaimed to her friend. Minako pursued over the loot screen. "And better yet, we got another tusk! Just one more Jevi and we can leave this awful place behind to rot." She said, giving an affirmative nod.

ID: 124982
BD: 7(hit!)
LD: 15

[0] Minako | 20/20 | 1/2 | 6 DMG 
[0] Jevi | 500/500 | 49/50 | 7 dmg | 2 Acc | 36 Mit | 7 thorns | 12 Bleed

Boar Younging:
0/5 [     ]
3 damage on hit

Edited by Minako

Minako was partially right.. it wasn't her fault that they couldn't kill the boars, but it also wasn't because of the boar's stats. Not only was Minako still maybe level 2 or 3, Jevi's stats were not that great for her level. She could hardly hold her own in a fight as well. However, she wasn't going to let Minako know that, she obviously looked up to her, and that was enough to boost Jevi's confidence just a bit. As Minako rose to her feet again, she squared off with the young boar and with a few skillful movements, she was able to take it out. Jevi grinned and clapped her hands together, "There you go! See? A little tough love and encouragement got you going!" After they had taken out another boar, and gotten another tusk on top of that, Jevi thought it was over. However, Minako brought up needing one more to complete the quest. Jevi thought about it for a moment before sighing, "[censored].. you're right.. I miscounted. Alright, lets find this last one and get out of here." 

Behind her, Jevi noticed rusting in the grass, like something was trying to sneak up on them. Gripping her blade in her hand, Jevi quickly spun around and swiped at where she thought the monster was. "Gotcha!" she shouted, before cutting through nothing but grass. About six inches back, out of her blade's reach, she saw the red eyes of the boar pup staring at her, and with a small squeal, it charge at Jevi. The woman picked up her foot that it went to attack, and pivoted so it ran right past her. "Your turn! Take it out!" 

@Minako

ID: 125321
BD: 1
MD: 4

[0] Jevi | 500/500 | 49/50 | 7 dmg | 2 Acc | 36 Mit | 7 thorns | 12 Bleed

Boar Younging:
5/5 [     ]
3 damage on hit

Edited by Jevi

Minako readied herself. "Right!" She called out to Jevi. The small boar had charged Jevi, but that was its mistake. Jevi dodged out of the way easily and the boar tripped over itself trying to course-correct itself. But it was all for naught. Minako spun her naginata down low, cleaving upwards slicing the animal in twain. The creature showered into small blue crystals, and as Minako closed the loot screen she was disappointed. "No tusk. Gotta kill more." She said, half-heartedly. But she parked up a bit. At least Jevi-Sensei was giving her compliments and she was glad that she was starting to get the hang of the game's combat system. "Combat feels a bit, weird. Like you start the movement and the game takes a hold of you. But only for a moment. You have to let the game do its thing, and be ready for the attack. Otherwise, you just fall and bust your ass." Minako said, trying to explain what she was experiencing. 

ID: 125338
BD: 7
MD: 4

[0] Jevi | 500/500 | 49/50 | 7 dmg | 2 Acc | 36 Mit | 7 thorns | 12 Bleed

Boar Younging:
0/5 [     ]

Edited by Minako

"Well, at least you're getting the hang of combat..." Jevi said, trying to look on the bright side as they struck down yet another boar pup with no rewards. She pat the brunette on the head before walking off a few feet in search of another boar. "Lets double our efforts. I'll head over this way and see what I can find. You, take a walk in that direction. Hopefully, one of these boars should have that last tusk." The tall grass crunched shifted under Jevi's heavy boots as she slowly moved forward, her curved sword in hand. From the grass beside her, she heard the squeal of yet another boar pup. Turning her attention to the monster, this one not catching her off guard, Jevi activated another sword art and tried to cut it down... again, missing the mark. Lucky for her, however, this boar pup was able to actually land an attack.. one that would, indefinitely, destroy itself due to her enhanced Heavy Armor. As the boar struck Jevi's thigh, it pulsed red for a moment before erupting into hundreds of tiny crystals. "Dammit, not this one either. Any luck?" she called over to Minako.

ID: 125339
BD: 3
MD: 7 (7 Thorns DMG)
LD: 6

Spoiler

Image result for crying cat

[0] Jevi | 499/500 | 50/50 | 7 dmg | 2 Acc | 36 Mit | 7 thorns | 12 Bleed

Boar Younging:
0/5 []

Edited by Jevi

Minako nodded. Divide and conquer, she thought. They divided up so they could conquer the task at hand. Splitting up was kind of a bad idea in horror movies or spooky movies, but this was different. This was a grindy quest, so splitting up so they could face their own boar seemed to be the best plan of action. She started the shave some of the tall grass with her blade, trying to scare up a baby boar. And soon enough, she did just that. A baby boar sprouted from the grass and met a swift end by naginata steel. She shook her head and tilted it when Jevi called out. Minako shook her head. "No luck here. Let's keep at it." She said, starting to grow a bit tired from the high drop rate for a tutorial quest. She dived back into the grass, trying to spook up more boars.

ID 125340
BD 7
MD 4
LD 8

Boar Younging:
0/5 [     ]

It did seem that Minako's last few strikes on the boars were not flukes, and that she was actually getting a hang of combat. That was the one good thing she was getting out of this at least.. For it felt like they've been out in the wilds for hours waiting for a damn boar tusk to drop. Jevi let out a groan as she looked towards the sky, at this point she needed a drink. Hell, she barely ever drank, but right now, she wanted one. Eyes peering down again, she saw another boar grazing just before it, not paying attention to the tall woman who lurked nearby. "Come on.. let this be the one.." she whispered to herself before shooting forward and slicing her blade through the hide of the small pig. The crystals faded and... no boar tusk. "Oh come the [censored] on!" she shouted, "How hard can it be for this [censored] game to give us one [censored] loot drop!" 

ID 125341
BD 7 Reaver
LD 5

[0] Jevi | 499/500 | 49/50 | 7 DMG | 36 MIT | 7 thorns | 12 Bleed

Boar Younging:
0/5 [     ]

Edited by Jevi

Minako stalked her prey, ready to hunt it down and get its wonderful tusk. But Jevi's outburst caused her to jump causing her to falter on her swing. She missed, but the boar didn't. Tusks gored her leg and it sprinted off into the distance. Minako let out a sigh, knowing the boar would be back soon. Jevi had cursed up a storm, something that would've easily demonetized someone from unhappy advertisers who want to promote their stuff. She sighed as she tried to find that baby boar that had darted off. "This quest is ass." Minako said aloud, complaining. "The boars hurt. And They're hard to hit half the time. And the drop rates are too high." She couldn't see the baby boar so let out some frustration. "What kind of sadist made this quest in the first place!" She cried out, cursing the person who decided that a high drop rate was a good idea for a beginner quest. She only had enough SP to buy a combat skill, not that and a luck enhancer skill.

ID 125352
BD 2
MD 7
LD 10

[0] Minako | 17/20 | 1/2 | 6 DMG 

Boar Younging:
0/5 [     ]

After catching her breath, and calming herself down a bit, she heard the snorts of another boar pup nearby. Her head shifted quickly, and yellow eyes glared at her new target. She rose up to her full height and stormed her way over to the small, defenseless monster. "I swear.. if you don't drop the tusk.. then I'm gonna.."  Raising her sword up high over her head, Jevi straight down. Due to her blinding rage, she miscalculated, and the sharp edge of her blade cut into the dirt and stuck. "[censored]!" she shouted, dropping to a knee to try and pull the sword out. The boar took notice of her, and immediately turned and charged in for an attack. With a vicious squeal of a battle cry, the boar jumped its highest and collided with Jevi's cheek, knocking her onto her side. However, due to the enhancement from her armor.. yet again.. the boar magically exploded into crystals. As the woman's shoulder collided with the ground, her cheek red from the contact with the boar, she noticed the small screen that had popped up in front of her.. <<+1 Boar Tusk>> "FINALLY!!" she shouted

ID 125575
BD 2 Miss
MD 8 (7 Thorns DMG)
LD 11 +1 Boar Tusk

Boar Younging:
0/5 [     ]

Edited by Jevi
  • 4 months later...

Minako cheered as the boar exploded into shard of tiny blue data. However, Jevi tumbling over was, albeit, a tad bit funny. Before Minako could ask if it had dropped what it was that they were looking for Jevi had cheered out. Minako squealed with delight, rushing over to her fallen friend and encased her in an excited hug, bouncing somewhat. After collecting herself, Minako pulled herself away from Jevi and assisted her back into standing. "Sorry." She said, blushing somewhat. "I know we've only known each other for a few hours, but it feels like I've known you for years. Like, we've been pen pals or something like that." Minako admitted before shaking her head. "But that's just silly, I know." She said, kicking a bit of the dirt and grass at her feet. "I guess we go back to mister Tealeaf the blacksmith now huh?" Minako said, aiming to end this quest.

As the pair walked back to the blacksmithy, Minako attempted to make small talk. "Did you really mean what you said earlier Jevi? That people who blame me for this whole thing can go and-" Minako looked back and forth a moment, as if to see if any law enforcement were present to witness her soon to be heinous crime. "[censored] themselves?" Minako said in a cupped whisper to the woman. Minako let out a chuckle that erupted into a small giggle fit. "I never cursed so much before. This was fun Jevi." Minako said thankfully.

As Jevi began to push herself back up onto her feet, she was nearly knocked back over again as Minako came rushing over, throwing her arms around the woman in an overly excited embrace. It caught Jevi a bit off guard, but she shone a small smile and pat the girl on the back with the hand that wasn't holding herself up. The brunette let out a small groan as Minako removed herself from atop Jevi, allowing her to fixate herself and sit upright. "It's alright. I'm excited that we finally found that last tusk too." Jevi's brows turned upward as her lips curled into a small smirk, "Hey, that's what happens when you go through hell... though I guess this wasn't dangerous.. just tedious as f***" she said with a small laugh, "We really have been connecting a bit over those few hours though." Finally, Jevi pushed herself up onto her feet and retrieved her sword from the dirt where it was stuck. "Yeah, lets head back." 

It was not a long walk back to the Town of Beginnings, and Jevi felt a small wave of relief as they passed through the invisible barrier into the safe zone. The woman walked with her hands resting within the pockets of her pants, the heavy iron plates on her boots and chest shifting and clanging with each step. Her attention turned to Minako who finally spoke up after a long bit of silence. She leaned in towards Minako to listen to what she had to say and whisper into Jevi's ear, to which the woman stopped in her tracks and turned to face Minako. "Of course I meant that." she said a bit sternly "It was their choice to follow you into SAO, which was deemed a perfectly safe game to play. How were you, or anyone else, supposed to know that we would get stuck here? You're in the same boat as everyone else, and if someone tries to blame you for this.. then tell them to f*** off! Or they can go through me." she banged her iron gauntlet on her chest plate, resulting in another clang of metal. 

Minako nodded as Jevi's words rang as loudly as her plate armor did. Somehow, Jevi inspired Minako to do better, and to stop blaming herself for everyone's problems. She was right after all. This game was marketed as a dream come true. How was she supposed to know that it would end up like this. And if Jevi was able to understand, perhaps other people were able to understand too. There would always be the odd man out, someone who blamed her for her problems. But then again, there were always people who blamed other people for their problems.

Walking into the blacksmiths shop a multitude of errors appeared on her hud. Looking over the quest details again Minako pulled at her hair. She stormed outside of the shop. "Jevi. This quest, for a lack of a better term. Is bull[censored]." Minako said. She opened her inventory. "So all the time that we spent today, means that only you get to turn in the quest because you go the items. I haven't got a single one." Minako said, pouting.

Edited by Minako

Jevi stopped in her step as Minako began to freak out at the screens appearing in front of her. Before she knew it, the girl was back out into the streets, quite a disappointed and angered look on her face. Jevi followed suit, standing in the doorway of the smithy with her hand on the frame. "Whats wrong?" Minako expressed her disdain with the quest, and explained to her what was wrong. "Eh?" Jevi questioned, opening up her own inventory to see that the three tusks she had collected were, in fact, still there. In fact, Jevi did not even have Minako's quest as an active quest.. Cardinal just wouldn't allow her to participate. "You've got..to be shitting me.." she said through grit teeth. 

The woman removed herself from the entryway and leaned against the outside wall of the shop, crossing her arms and closing her eyes for a moment. Finally, she exhaled a heavy sigh,
"So what do you want to do then.." she started in a low tone that expressed just how done she was, "Do you wanna take a few to let our health and energy regernate and head back out? Or would you rather call it a day since I clearly can't be of any [censored] help." 

Minako let out another defeated sigh as her body folded in half in defeat. Her health was already full, as was her energy. But her morale was pretty low, and she as sure it wouldn't recover in time. Minako thought about it. They could go back, Jevi making sure the boars wouldn't overwhelm her and Minako would try her best to get a hang of the combat again. And then pray for the drops to happen quickly. Or They could convince in a few days and Minako could have some better gear, and maybe a few luck boosting items. And then they could blast through the quest like it was nothing. Minako had already gained a few experience points from the boars she had killed, and was only needing to rest to cash in the level. She sighed again as she straightened herself out. "We'll reconvene in a few days. I know I have to do all the work, but I wanna grab a few items beforehand and try this again." Minako said, looking determined, and tired.

~~Thread Rewards~~
Minako:
+1SP page compilation
200 Col

@Jevi 
+1SP page compilation
200Col

Edited by Minako