{F13-PP} Graveyard Shift <<Feeding the Enemy>> ~ COMPLETE

Pinball stepped off the teleporter, and immediatly felt guilty. He shouldn't be on a floor like this; he had no right to be. He was severely underleveled, and anyone who saw him would know it. But - he wanted to see what it was like. He had heard about Floor 13 and its graveyards, but he had never seen it himself. If Stryder knew he was on a floor like this, he would probably demand someone went with him. After all, the monsters on this floor were out of Pinball's league. He walked around Angel's Point, taking in the scenery. He especially took note of the angels made of stained glass found on nearly every one of the buildings. 

Pinball made his way to the center of the town, surprised to see a gathering of NPCs already there. They seemed to be praying. This is... this is too weird for me, Pinball thought anxiously, trying to walk away as silently as possible. He would have, too, if he hadn't bumped into the old woman. Pinball turned frantically to apologize, but was stopped by the raspy voice of the gypsy. "You've heard of it, haven't you? Monsters. Monsters who fight alongside humans." 

Taking a step around her, he nodded. Before he could reply, the woman was speaking again. "Normally, I would tell you that to befriend your own monster, you have to feed it." She looked aside, towards what Pinball could only assume was the wasteland of graveyards that awaited him. "But this land isn't normal. It is a world corrupted beyond redemption. The enemies you'll meet outside of Angel's Point are dead, and yet undying. The creatures you'll face no longer need food to sustain themselves." The NPC looked back at Pinball now, a hard, cold look in her eyes. The gypsy woman nodded, a small smile on her face. "However. There is a way to tame your companion, should you find one fit to travel by your side." She took a few steps away now, talking as she walked. "Know that there is hope for taming here, despite what it seems." And with that the gypsy was gone, without having told Pinball the way she had hinted at. "W- wait," Pinball pleaded, running after her as she turned a corner. Pinball looked to the left, then to the right, but she was gone. 

A small notification window popped up in front of him, with the words: <<Feeding the Enemy>>. Then, a small window appeared on the top left of his HUD; the quest tracker, he knew. Pinball sighed, scratching the back of his head and swiping open his menu. He hadn't been planning on taking the quest today, but it would seem fate had other plans. He couldn't very well do it alone, for fear for his own life. He also couldn't ask Stryder, as the man would probably flip out when he found out that he had gone to the thirteenth floor alone in the first place. Fae was too young, Eatos scared him, and Pinball didn't talk to Crozeph much. Saphira was probably doing her own thing, and he had never even met Paglihka or Jade Eye before. That only left one person. 

Spoiler

To: @Hei

Wanna come hunt for a familiar with me? Thirteenth floor. We've got the graveyard shift, bb.

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 16 | HP: 320 | EN: 32 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 5 |

Equipped: 

• Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, +1 Phase, Cursed {4 Slots} 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 2H Assault Spear ~ Rank 3 
  • Fishing 
  • <<Empty>>
  • <<Empty>>

Battle Ready Inventory: 

<<EMPTY>>

1/15

Edited by Pinball

The day had started like most of Hei's days started nowadays, he wasn't that active in levelling, and as he was low on mats, there wasn't much in the shop he could do, so he slept longer than he had in the real world, and after that, he had his breakfast in the park next to his shop, always having a look at the door to see if there was anyone for him, but as always, it was quiet. No one would come to his shop today, that was what he thought, but he would still have it opened and sit in the hanger, waiting for someone interrupting his boring routine.

But today should be different, with more adventure than he had in the last time and nothing less than a floor full of undead monsters and graves wherever one could see, as he received a message by Pin. Wanna come hunt for a familiar for me? Thirteenth floor. We've got the graveyard shift, bb. was all it said. - Nice to hear from Pin, haven't seen him quite some time, but what the hell is he doing on the thirteenth floor, isn't he a little weak for that. And even if not, I thought he was scared of everything, he was even scared of the treasure chest he caught when he was fishing with me - Hei thought, while he got back into his shop to get his equipment. Walking through his room and taking everything he needed, Hei made a mental checklist just to be sure he had everything. - Weapon check, armour check, necklace of acc check. What else do I need? - and he wandered around some minuted before he could continue his list - The Harbingers Cloak check, even though I should get something with the new guilds insignia on it. Damage Potion? Why not, so check. Overhealth potion? Also not a bad thing to carry around, so check too. I don't have any health potions left, so that is all. - and with all this in his inventory, he was ready to go.

In full battle equipment with the cloak in the vanity slot, he walked towards the teleporter to go and look for his friend, hoping that he hadn't done anything silly or careless on the 13th floor. Once he had arrived at the Teleporter he immediately teleported to the thirteenth floor. It was his first time on this floor, and he took a moment to look around and the ambience and vibe of the floor and its settlement wasn't very pleasing. The surrounding landscape was brown and black and looked really dead, while within the town there was green grass, but all the buildings looked like they belonged together, every one with an angel above their doors, which was frightening to Hei. He didn't knew what it was, but there was something bad hidden within and he couldn't drop the feeling. Looking around he found his friend, who was standing somewhere within all of that, and was the only one who wasn't looking towards the big cathedral that seemed to be the centre of the small settlement. "Hey Pin, what are you doing in a creepy place like this?"

Player Stats:

Spoiler

Hei

Lvl: 25 | HP: 500 | EN: 50 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 9 |

Equipped: 

• Scales of Speed: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Gae Bulg, Spear of Mortal Pain: +3 DMG
  • Dragon's Eye: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 1H Assault Spear ~ Rank 5
  • Fishing 
  • Gatherer
  • Survival

Battleready Inventory:

• 1 T1 Damage Potion
  • 1 T1 Overhealth Potion
  • Harbingers Cloak (+3 LD)

Edited by Hei

The gloom of the settlement had got to him, and by the time Hei arrived, Pinball jumped at the sound of the man's voice. "Sorry, sorry," he apologigized, awkwardly brushing the man's shoulder, "this place gives me the creeps." He looked around him, at the gathering of NPCs praying. They were all silent in front of the cathedral, and Pinball felt rude. "Come on," he mumbled, backing away from the large group. He headed over to the edge of Angel's Point, where the green grass ended and the death began, but didn't leave quite yet. "I'm getting a familiar, apparently," he said, finally answering Hei's question. "I had just wanted to see the floor for myself, but that one old lady confronted me. She said some spooky stuff about this place being dead or whatever." He shrugged. "Since I'm here, I figured I'd finish the quest now. Better than later." He stopped, opened his menu, and materialized a small pouch of food. "She said I wouldn't be able to feed them the normal way... but I might as well try. I hope I didn't buy this crap for nothing.

3/15

Edited by Pinball

Seeing that the floors overall theme and the gloomy presence that one could feel everywhere made Pin feel so uneasy, made Hei fell good and bad at the same time. The good thing was, that when Pin was frightened because of the floor, he probably wouldn't do something silly and dangerous, but on the other hand, it meant that Pin, who always had social problems would be even more awkward around this floor. When the boy had jumped just by Hei greeting him, it Hei had to gulp down a laugh, but he knew that it wouldn't have been good for him to laugh at him for this reaction. "You know, everything's fine, just don't let the ghouls bite you." He joked to loosen up the tension.
When they had left the town centre and made their way to the edge of Angel's Point, Pin had told him about an old lady that had told him spooky stuff and that he had gotten the familiar quest right afterwards. This was strange, as Hei had never heard of someone who had gotten a quest like this without willingly accepting it, but who knows how this world works nowadays.
"Ok, so you say, there was a creepy old lady that told you the land was dead, which is quite obvious if you take a look at the land outside of Angel's Point, and without further asking you, you got the familiar quest, and you think it is a good idea to go and search for a pet in this dead and spooky floor?" Hei was sure that Pin had thought about his possibilities and that this was his choice, so he added "That sounds like an adventure to me. Just to have you asked, why have you asked me about helping you, Stryder is still the better fighter and defender."

The nervous fisherman gulped. "Gh-ghouls, huh? That sounds... like a bit of a... grave situation. Ha." He looked away. He couldn't look the man in the eyes. Listening to Hei confirm what he had done, Pinball fully came to realize how odd of a situation the encounter really was. "Creepy lady, yeah. But.. I've been planning on taking this quest for a while, anyways." Pinball shrugged nervously, then slapped the sides of his legs a couple of times before answering Hei's final question. "You're... I dunno, actually," he lied, not wanting to get into it too much. "Guess you're just cooler." The boy winked, snapping a finger gun at the man. "Have you taken Feeding the Enemy yourself, yet? Or like... Is this the first time you've ever been on this floor?" It had started as one question, but had become two. The boy looked once more at the dead field past Angel's Point, not quite sure of the safety of the whole thing. Pinball tapped his sides, then remembered the items he had bought/made to assist him in his quest. "Oh, yeah," he murmured, swiping open his menu. He should probably use those. 

5/15

Edited by Pinball

Hei was impressed, at least a little, as Pin was able to make a silly pun even when he was frightened like this. He could see how the information about ghouls had made him gulp, but Hei really had to try hard to not laugh, as he was a big fan of silly puns, even though he wasn't the person to use them himself. "Yeah, kind of a grave situation, but we will be alright" he tried to reassure him. After this, Pin avoided eye contact, which didn't make Hei feel great, had he done something wrong, or was this just how Pin was.
After that, Pin told him, that he had wanted to take the quest a while now, and this situation was just a way for him to finally do it, just to struggle before telling him, that he was the cooler one, but Hei wasn't to sure that was the real reason, there was a little to much pausing within the answer.
"That's nice to hear, but I still think it would have been better if you had asked Stryder" Hei replied, unimpressed by the finger gun and winking thing that seemed to be what Pin did. When Pin continued with another question, that was divided into two completely different ones by Pin, Hei was a little confused, but it probably was just Pin being nervous " Well, I haven't taken the quest by myself, but I am going to do it with Saphira soon. I want to get a dragonlizard that can help me with finding an enemies weak points. And to the second question, I have never been to this floor before, what should I have done here?"

Hei wasn't buying it, appparently, but he didn't push it. Pinball had his reasons for inviting Hei over Stryder, childish as they may be. The black-haired boy shrugged, leaning on his spear a bit, turning away from the gloominess of the 13th floor. "A bit of accuracy never hurts," Pinball agreed, scratching his chin, "and I don't think there really is anything you should have done." Pinball stretched a bit before answering completely. "I was just curious. I hear that this floor is covered with tombstones, and I was just wondering if you knew your way around." He was a bit uneasy by the fact they could get lost in the floor. He wasn't looking forward to having to camp outside of a safe zone, if it even came to that. He checked the time. It was still early, so Pinball hoped they could get the quest done in due time. "Should I have invited more people?" He was genuinly curious. However, he himself knew it would have made him very uncomfortable if anymore players tagged along. In Pinball's opinion, any more than three people in a group was a crowd. He could handle himself in groups of four, but any more than that, and he got moody. 

7/15 

While they were talking, Pin turned so he wouldn't have to see the dark part of the floor all the time and Hei was not opposed to that, so he turned around as well, when Pin told him, that it wouldn't hurt to have some ACC and that he hadn't really any ideas why he should have been on this floor Hei simply nodded, agreeing with this. Pin was continuing, that he had hoped that Hei would know the floor a little, just so he had someone who knew his way around. - That would indeed be a good thing to have, but I have never been here. But there is the map, so it shouldn't be to much of a problem - the thought, listening to Pin, who asked if he should have invited more people. Hei would have said, that one or two more would have been good, but he had noticed that Pin had problems when he was with multiple people, so he simply said "Nah, don't worry. We can do it on our own. As long as we don't get swarmed by what ever creatures there is on this floor. Maybe we should talk to some of the NPCs around, to gather some information. But we could also just venture into the floor, looking for what ever will come. It's your quest, so it's your choice." As he had never done the quest himself, he didn't knew how this taming an familiar was gonna work, so he had decided that what ever Pin thought was right probably was the right way to go.

Pinball clamped his mouth shut. This was a lot more responsibility than the fisherman was used to. He held Hei's and his own life right now. A wrong decision could end up being the death of him. Of course, Hei was much stronger than him, so he was sure they'd be able to hold their own... but still. He shrugged. Talking to the NPCs on this floor made him a bit anxious, but if it helped out in their quest, there shouldn't be much trouble. His worst fear was a "swarm" of the monsters on this floor, especially since he knew the monsters on this floor were supposed to be humanoid. "God, this is going to be so creepy," he grumbles, clenching his fists. "Nah," he decided, pointing to the deadness of the floor, "we're just gonna go." He wanted to get the quest over with. The sooner he was done with this floor, the better. Besides, from the look of the people and their buildings, Pinball assumed that the NPCs wouldn't be especially friendly, even if they were just programs. "Yeah. Let's just go."

9/15

Hei had given the choice of what they were going to do to Pin, and so he would be doing whatever he would decide. Knowing how much problems Pin had with talking to people he was sure they would just venture out into the floors depth, but that was ok. What he hadn't thought of was the effect of the responsibility on Pin, who looked like he could have a breakdown any moment, before he grumbled, that this was gonna be creepy. - Should I reply to that, or was it just for himself - Hei wondered and decided that he better left it uncommented and waited for Pin to really say something. When he then said, that they would just gonna go out there, Hei simply nodded and took his spear, starting his journey to the dark secrets of the thirteenth floor.
After they had walked a few minutes and not one creature had showed up, Hei turned to Pin and asked "So how are we gonna find a familiar for you, I don't see anything that looks like it could be your companion, do you?"

Pinball's heart racing in his chest, he stopped at the edge of the safe haven. From here on out, the spearmen were going to have to deal with whatever presumably undead monstrosities roamed the floor. Summoning up what little courage the boy usually had, he took his first few steps.

After a few minutes of the wandering, Hei turned and and asked him how they were going to find a familiar. "I don't really know," he muttered, scratching the side of his head. Pinball had a problem with speaking up, even when the person was right in front of him. He was a good deal more nervous than he had been when the two had gone out gathering, as well. He shrugged. "I'm sure there's something out here that's alive out here. And maybe it'll be friendly?" The last part of his sentence twisted into a question, because Pinball didn't really have high hopes for this floor. After some more walking, the tombstones started to reveal themselves. "We're in for it now," he murmured to himself.

11/15

When Hei had asked Pin, how they were gonna find the companion he was looking for, Pin had muttered something he hadn't understand, as it wasn't loud enough. What was he gonna do with that, why was Pin so nervous? It hadn't been like that the last time they had been out, but then again, they were at a higher floor and Pin might just be frightened, but it seemed that he caught himself muttering and so the next thing he said was loud enough for Hei to understand it. - Is it just me, or was this more of a question than an answer to mine - he thought. As Pin started walking further into the floor, Hei just followed him, looking for something to move, and once the first tombstones had revealed themselves, he added to Pin comment "Well, there is no way back now, except for the one behind us. So are we just gonna wander around, or do you have any clue where to find something?"

He grinned, despite his fear. He pushed himself to act a bit more social. "Well, Hei-dee, way-dee, that's just the thing -" he spun around, familiar food scattering the earthen floor, "I haven't got a clue. But!" He charged ahead, using his spear to polevault over a tombstone, "that isn't gonna stop old Pinny- JESUS!" The ground under Pinball collapsed, the dirt showering down into what seemed to be some kind of tunnel. "Uhh, Hei? It's dark in he-" He touched the wall, then recoiled with a scream. "Hei! It's a [censored] tomb!! A [censored] tomb!" Pinball fell back into the wall, sending him into another fit of screaming. Skulls rolled around on the floor with a clatter, when suddenly, Pinball froze. His heart racing in his chest, he took a seat. His voice only a mumble, he swiped open his menu, consuming and equipping the stuff he would need to find a familiar, "It's a crypt. Or catacombs, I don't know - I'm good now." Pinball shrugged. Guess they'd be searching in a tomb, though he wasn't quite sure what living thing they'd even find. "You down to explore?" he asked weakly, not nearly as excited he had just been. 

Consumed List: 

Spoiler

Familiar Call: +1 LD 

Spoiler

Name: St. James Infirmary 
Profession: Performer
Roll ID: 90379
Roll Result: 12
Item Type: Familiar Call
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect 
Enhancements: +1 LD
Description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKt5wZcbmb0
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/15482-floor-4-rank-1-crystalized-passion/?do=findComment&comment=529546

Rice Balls: +2 LD 

Spoiler

Name: Rice Balls
Your Profession: Cook
Your Rank: 4
Roll ID: 91685
Roll Result: 10
Item Type: Dessert
Tier: 1
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: +2 LD {2 Slots}
Description: Simple, yet tasty rice balls. 
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/15508-f8-r4-cook-~-open/?do=findComment&comment=531952

Equipped <<Cloak of the Harbingers>> : +3 LD 

Total (when searching): +6 LD 

13/15 

Once they had reached the first tombstones it seemed that Pin got more talkative. Maybe the realization, that they were out here and not a single strong and evil mob had attacked them was the reason for this, maybe it was just a way to get rid of his fear. No matter what it was, Hei liked the talking Pin more, it was easier to get along with people who talked and told what they had on their mind. "Hm, okay, so we just walk around and call out for a living creature that wants to be your familiar. Solid plan" he replied to Pin telling him he really hadn't any clues, but before he could go on, Pin jumped over a tombstone, just to fall into a hole that broke open when he landed. Worriedly Hei quickly ran towards the hole in the ground to see if his friend was still alive and ok, and yes, he was. Pin was down there in the dark and besides him swearing Hei could hear something rolling around. He was just about to ask what Pin had found, when he told him, that this seemed to be a crypt or catacombs of some kind and asked if they wanted to explore them. "Well, why not, it's just as good as walking around up here. Step back and I'll come down." and after waiting for Pin to step back, Hei jumped in the hole, landing on his feet and tried to look around, but it was to dark for him to see more than the player in front of him an maybe one of the skulls on the ground.

Pinball led the way, his footsteps creating an echo as he walked. Skulls lined the walls, staring down with empty eyes at the players. His steps were slow and hesitant, as if he were expecting something terrible to happen. All of a sudden, the hallway stopped... with Pinball walking facefirst into a door. His head bounced back against the hard wooden surface; he hadn't seen it in the dark. "Ohh, boy," he muttered, trying to push the door open. It budged, but only by an inch. "Hey, Hei, can you help get this open?" They were exploring, and Pinball wasn't eager to look weak of will in front of one of his guild leaders. 

The door opened up into a wide room. The walls were made of cobblestone, and strangely dim blue torches dotted the walls. Still, it was brighter than the hallway, and Pinball welcomed the new source of light. The room was square in shape, and there were shelves carved into the stone walls. On these shelves were a variety of rather old looking trinkets, though there was nothing of any real value. In the center of the room, steps led up to a stone pedastal. On this pedastal were three things: an old collar, a dusty jar, and the skull of a cat, all covered in cobwebs. 

A shadow leapt in front of Pinball, and he jumped back, startled. His heart raced in his chest, and he scooted closer to Hei, his spear lowered in his tight grip. The shadowed creature darted from wall to wall, leaving bursts of shadow wherever its feet touched. It finally came to a stop in front of Pinball, and its appearance was revealed. 

The monster in question was a cat... or what appeared to be a cat. It was pitch black, and looked more gaseous than solid. Wisps of shadow swirled around it, and Pinball had the strange urge to touch it. He didn't though. The cat was floating right in front of his face, staring at him with empty white eyes. He took a few steps away, and the cat followed him, as if curious. As if on instinct, Pinball dropped his spear and jogged up to the pedastal, taking a closer look at the items arranged on the tabletop. He looked back to Hei. "What do you think?" But Pinball was already pulling out the familiar food. On instinct, the boy scooped the food up and placed it into the jar. The familiar soared into the jar, its gaseous body filling up the glass. Pinball let a smile cross his face. 

The shadowy creature then leapt free from the confines of the dusty glass, and its shadowy body surrounded his face. The food he had put in the jar was gone. Pinball let out a muffled scream. "Ah! I can't breath!" He rubbed at his face, but the ghost cat didn't budge. After a moment, it released Pinball, and curled up on his shoulder. It stared at @Hei blankly, and Pinball wasn't too sure what that empty stare meant. "Uhh," Pinball began, "what. The. Hell.

Pinball's Familiar: 

Spoiler

ghost_cat_by_neokale-d6ryxy0.thumb.jpg.edd40ade687e33691a95fe3f2540c3f7.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ID# 96186 

LD: 13+6= 19 

Enhanced Familiar Found! (DMG Familiar) 

Edited by Pinball

Once Hei was down there with Pin, Pin took the lead and made his way deeper into the catacombs they had just found. The skulls that made up the walls looked down at the two and Hei had to admit, that it wasn't a pleasant place to be, and that he wouldn't have gone down here without Pin. Pin walked slow and it seemed he was always expecting some monsters to appear, but Hei could understand his feelings and so he didn't say anything until Pin suddenly stopped in front of him. "What's happened?" Hei asked regarding Pin stopping and muttering. When Pin then asked him to help open a door he nodded and stepped towards it, and together they were able to open the door. "That's a heavy door. I hope it isn't that heavy to seal something down here." Hei said to Pin once the door opened.

Being able to see what was behind the door made Hei's heart sink. There was a big room with blue torches around the walls, that emitted just enough light fort he room to be lighted. Hei had heard about the boss rooms in the big labyrinth and he remembered that blue torches or fires were one of the things most of those rooms had in common. "You know, this looks suspiciously like a boss room, we should be careful" He told Pin, and had a closer look at the room, without really entering it. It was interesting to see all the old things on the shelves and Hei wondered what it was with those three odd items on the pedestal.

Just after he had warned Pin, something leapt towards them, leaving shadows where it landed and finally stopping in front of him, revealing that it was some kind of shadow cat creature. Hei was sure that it was not a good thing that this had appeared, but as it hadn't actually attacked them, it might be what Pin was looking for. The next moment Pin dropped his weapon and ran for the pedestal, which made Hei clinch. - My dear, I hope it's not some kind f trap, or maybe a hidden boss or I might have to jump in to save him - Standing in front of the pedestal Pin turned back and asked him, what he though and Hei wasn't really able to phrase his thought before Pin had continued with what ever he though he was doing. "I don't think it's a good idea to go in this room, but you have already done that, so don't ask me." was what he was able to say before the cat like ghost had jumped for the food, getting into the jar and Pin closed it, but the creature simply exited through the glass, having eaten the food inside. The next thing Hei saw was that the cat covered Pins face and the boy screaming that he wasn't able to breath. "Damn, I told you to be careful" Hei yelled as he jumped forwards, his spear in hand, but before he was there the cat had already left Pins face and curled up on his shoulder, staring at him. Hei stopped, just to not make it angry, and when Pin yelled once again, Hei wan close to both laughing and crying. "I don't know, but it seems kinda like it likes you."

The ghostly cat curled up on Pinball's shoulders took in everything the two said with large, empty white eyes. Despite the feline's eerie aura, he felt at ease with the creature near him. He knew that different familiars had different abilities, and he wondered which one this was. "We should get going, unless you want to poke around the trinkets a bit," he said, backing away from the room. He dreaded the thought of going back into the dark hallway, but he knew it was the only way out. The moment he took a single step out of the door, the cat suddenly leapt from his shoulders, wisps of shadow following it where it landed. It stared at Pinball, and he stared back. Nothing happened, and he looked back to Hei questioningly. "Uhh, what's it doing?

Pinball crouched, waving his hands and snapping his fingers, trying to get the familiar to follow him. The cat stared. Then, it moved... to lick its paw with a tongue as white as its eyes. Pinball let out a sigh of exaggerated exasperation. It wouldn't follow him. Did it want him to do something? Pinball couldn't tell. "It won't move. What's it want me to do, do you think?

Edited by Pinball

It seemed that it was not just the cat that liked Pin, but also Pin that liked the cat, as it was nothing Hei would have touched. The ghostly cat was such a strange creature, Hei would have stepped away the moment it would have appeared and he would probably have left the room immediately but Pin seemed to like it. When he asked Hei if he wanted to have another loom at the trinkets, or if they should go back, Hei had replied "I'd say let's go. It seems like you got your familiar, and I don't want to stay down here any longer. I still aint sure if it is a good idea to take this beast with you." and so he turned. Pin walked back too, but then he reached the door, the cat jumped from his shoulder and landed in the room, staring at him but not moving. "I don't know, maybe it wants to stay here."

Hei watched Pin snapping his fingers and waving at the cat, that just ignored him and went from staring to licking it's paws. Hei could see how Pin went from happy about finding the creature to frustrated as it wouldn't follow him. "I can't tell you, but I remember some old ghost stories that talk about ghosts haunting a special place from their life, and that they can't leave this place once they are ghosts. Maybe the game uses something like that as base for this monster. So you should have a better look at what is in this room, maybe you can find a clue to what happened to it when it was still a living creature and what might be a way to lift the curse that keeps it from leaving this place." Hei said and once he had finished talking, he pointed back into the room.

He sighed, standing upright. He looked behind him, back at the dark hallway, then at the thick, wooden doors, then at the empty room in front of them. "It's haunting this place, huh?" He took a few steps back into the room, looking at the assortment of old trinkets lining the walls. "Well," he mumbled, his eyes resting on the pedestal in the middle of the room, "it's definitely one of these things, I think." He walked back into the middle of the room, painfully aware of the echo his footsteps made. All was silent in this "dungeon", and it unnerved Pinball a great deal. "Maybe you should poke around the room, too, see what you find. Just in case." He stepped up to the pedestal, taking in the items lined up on the smooth stone surface. He reported his findings back to Hei. "A collar, a jar, and a... skull." He shuddered. All three looked really old, and Pinball was very uncomfortable with the sight of the cat skull. He knew he shouldn't, but there was something about the shape of it. That, and the cobwebs that covered all three of the items. "What would I even do once I found what was keeping them here?" The cat hopped up onto the pedestal, its gaseous body leaving wisps of shadow where it stepped. It sat, staring at the two players. A small smile tugged at Pinball's lips. Cute

"Yeah probably" Hei assured Pin, who was asking about the haunting thing, then he watched as Pin walked back into the room, looking at the items that were scattered across the shelves on the wall. But it seemed that Pin was sure that it had to be one of the items that were lined up on the pedestal. - I would think the same, if it wasn't for me having some experience with developing games myself. Something as obvious as that wouldn't be the way I would go. Maybe for a trap, but not to really solve the riddle - Hei thought and went back into the room himself. When Pin then asked him to look around, he said "Okay, I'll have a look at all the items on the walls, and if there is anything that could be it, I'll tell you." And so Hei started looking at the strange collection of old items on the shelves, but none looked like it was a good clue to what to do. Pin then told him what he had found on the pedestal, and Hei heard that Pin's voice shook a little, when he said there was a skull. "I can't tell you what to do, but you could either try and break it, or you could just take it with you, that might allow the spirit to follow you. Since you are the one who wants this cat to follow you, I would say you decide."
For himself, Hei was going through stories from other games and old folklore to try and find an answer to the decision he had just put onto Pin. But there were many stories where a ghost was destroyed once it's remains were broken, but also ghosts that were bound to a special item that couldn't leave it's vicinity.