(PP-F7) A Friend Like Me <<Arabian Nights: Second Night>> (Teion, Hestia, Kimi)

manticore-wallpaper.png

<<Arabian Nights>> Second Night
((Honest Path))

It had been a couple of days since venturing out into the desert on the Fifth Floor to find Cassim. Jomei was not sure what to think of the man who offered the quest, Ali. His intentions for asking of their help were clear and understandable, rescuing his brother from the clutches of bandits. However, the man himself seemed a bit shady.. especially with the extremely large sum of col the party was awarded with for rescuing his kin. Something was different about it.. but Jomei was not about to question it, for the quest had been finished and done with.

Locking the door to his house behind him, the Irishman had only taken about two steps from his Taft home before he received a message. With a curious expression plastered on his face, Jomei tapped on the icon to summon the small screen, a message from none other than Ali from a few days ago. He requested for Jomei to meet him at a tavern on the Seventh Floor, one known as the 'Drunken Crane' at dusk. Strange, how now the man was asking to meet in Nimbus rather than Fortaleza where they had first met. Despite, once Jomei had noticed that the same message had been sent to both Kimi, Hestia, and Teion as well, he felt he could not ignore the call. For his two guild mates, he did not want either of them checking out the quest on their own. As for Teion.. he still had some explaining to do about his connections to Beatbox. 

Immediately making his way to the center of Taft, Jomei used the warp gate to quickly make his way down to the Seventh Floor, his body materializing outside of the large cavern that housed the floor's main settlement of Nimbus. The ginger found a spot nearby the square, awaiting to see if any of the other three would be arriving to check out Ali's mysterious message as well. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I smile happily as i relax within my shop just trying to enjoy the life that is given to me as much as it can be at the moment. A few days having passed between the time helping out the nice man in Fortaleza even though it did seem i showed up halfway through. I smile rather happily having enjoyed hanging out with both Spencer, and kimi during that time as i strum lazily onto my guitar letting the music flow through the shop. I then hear a blip sound as i look over to my menu and see that it is a message of some kind. Upon seeing the name i get a confused look seeing it is from what i thought was a NPC. 'Can NPCs message players? I mean back in Iron Guardian Jomei did kill that player, so maybe if given the circumstances some natural rulings of the world don't activate to allow it to function as normal?' I think to myself even with that i just shrug and puts my guitar back onto its display then whistles for Kuro to follow towards the teleport pad.

After a good long walk of almost an hour having sent a message to Jomei saying i'll be at Nimbus in that time i finally arrive at the teleport pad. Next time you choose a shop don't make it so far from the settlement even if the location is pretty. I say to myself as i then quickly say. Teleport, Nimbus. I then feel the sensation of teleportation and then being on the seventh floor. I gaze around the area and spots my fearless guild leader Jomei in the distance hoping that i wasn't the last one their and making them wait up for me if any of the other players arrived before i did.

@Teion@Kimi

"Jomei..." Staring at the short list of recipients in the message she had received, Teion finally remembered from where she knew that name. The image of the tall ginger came back to mind, and then so did her conversation with Piera just yesterday. Laying on the small bed tucked away into the storage room of her smithy, Teion swiped her menu closed and let her hand fall onto the beige sheets beside her. Her other forearm lay across her forehead, and the woman simply stared up at the rafters above for a few long seconds.

Her right foot swung to meet her left that already hung over the edge of the bed, and she pushed herself to her feet shortly after. With a few taps to her menus, her casual clothing was swapped out for the loose tan shirt whose long sleeves left her shoulders exposed. A strappy leather bodice and tight-fitting earthy brown leggings were to accompany it, though she held off on equipping her tri-colored axe until she had something to swing it at.

Teion wouldn't call the trip from the outskirt of Fortaleza to the teleport plaza of Nimbus long, but it took her at least ten minutes from when she had received Ali's message to reach the center of the desert city. Blinking to adjust to the mountainous floor once her avatar had arrived, the violette's head swiveled until she recognized the orange and green color palette that belonged to Jomei. She filled her lungs with a deep breath drawn in through her nose before she would approach him, taking purposeful strides to carry herself towards the man. She stopped in front of him, having to tilt her chin just slightly to focus on his visible olive eye a moment until she averted her gaze back forward. At the same time, she took a half-step forward and picked her arms up to wrap them around the Irishman in a quick embrace.

After just a couple of seconds, before the air had a chance to grow any more awkward, Teion took a step back and cleared her throat, blinking as her gaze was anywhere else but the man across from her. "That was..." She struggled, and started over. "You helped Sophie." Realizing she had used the wrong name, she began once again. "You...saved Piera. So, thanks." She mumbled, giving the smallest glance back to Jomei before turning her eyes away again.

Kimi was in the middle of a nap when she heard a blip come up from her hud. As she squinted scrolling though her menu half blinded by the light and the teary-ness of having just been woken up she noticed that she got a message from the NPC Ali. "W-what?" Kimi said as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and did a little stretch. She rubbed the sides of her eyes a little more while double checking what the message was about. "Didn't think NPC could message players." Kimi thought as she picked herself up off the comfort of her bed. Kimi rubbed the back of her neck thinking if the others might also want to meet at the seventh floor. After Kimi's normal morning routine of getting ready and freshening up for the rest of the day she went to the warp gate. "Hmm I haven't been to the seventh floor yet, but i hope that the weather isn't to bad." Kimi muttered with a dragging sigh.

As Kimi entered the seventh floor she was greeted by a very nice breeze. "Ooh~ That feels nice." Kimi whispered to herself in relief as she took in the breeze. While still near the portal looking around for her guild mates and their plus one. Kimi noticed that there was an abundance of Dwarfs amongst the NPC's here, but she tried not to get distracted and continued looking around. It wasn't too long until Kimi finally found her guild leader and she made her way there.

A soft breeze passed through the stone fortress, tousling the ginger's hair and coat behind him. His features softened as he inhaled the cool air through his nostrils before exhaling slowly, turning his eyes to the blue sky above him. The range in heights of the mountains that surrounded the entirety of the floor amazed him, especially The Eye, who's tip pierced through the clouds like a rock in a flowing stream. Sensing a presence in front of him, Olive eyes soon returned to the surface to see that Teion had decided to meet up for the quest as well. Her decision to quest with Jomei again after their last meeting brought a smile to his face. The man's right hand rose to greet the violette with a small wave, but her purposeful stride and the look on her face kept Jomei at bay, waiting to see what she needed to say.

Silence was shared between the two as she looked up at him for a moment, before closing the distance between the two, her arms sliding under his and holding him in a loose embrace. "O-oh." Jomei let out a small gasp his chin dropping to look at the top of her violet hair. Only mere seconds had passed, before Teion quickly separated, clearing her throat to rid the silent, awkward air between the two. Finally, Teion revealed her hug was for helping Sophie. The ginger's head cocked to the side, curious at who Sophie was. Was it possibly a player he had helped in the past. Starting over her sentence again, she placed a new name on the girl she had helped; Piera. Jomei's eyes went wide for a moment, before letting out a small chuckle. "I guess we have a lot more to talk about then I thought" 

Before the two were able to exchange words on the topic, his two guildmates had showed up almost at the same time. "We can talk in a bit though." he said, shining Teion a small smile before looking back up to Hestia and Kimi. "Happy you both decided to come back, come on. Let's go meet with Ali." Turning from the group, Jomei began to walk towards the large opening in the side of the mountain. Inside was a city built into the sides of the cavern; Nimbus. It did not take long for the group of four to find the shady looking bar on the darker side of town, and upon walking inside, it looked filled with the same amount of unmentionable people as the tavern they had first met Ali in. "Great.." Jomei said under his breath, turning is head to look over his shoulder at the others, "Try not to look at anyone the wrong way." Slowly, the man began his walk farther into the bar, looking for the familiar Ali. 

As i make my way towards my guild leader and once i get close i see him say both of us as i turn to see Kimi as i try to act like i knew she was nearby the entire time.Not wanting to admit to the fact of having not noticed her as we were arriving at the same time. Yep i came to join even though i am certain just you and Teion can beat this quest. I say with a small nervous chuckle knowing that the damage output of the both of them is enough to easily outshine me any day of the week. But i figured even if you guys are practically doing most of the work it is always nice to talk with people and try to get to know you guys better. I say kindly and happily as i then follow my guild leader to this tavern where the quest is suppose to begin. So how have you all been doing? I ask curiously to everyone wanting to fill in the silence of the travel between places. as soon as we arrive i just grimace ever so slightly.Able to smell alcohol and other such things even though it really has no affect on people. It seems like people will drink it none the less. 'Ugh this place is not one i want to be around for long periods of time.' I think to myself being reminded of another reason why i hate inns the pure smell of them being terrible.

With such thoughts i look around the area for the NPC quest giver Ali wanting to just find the man known as Ali to get this moving along and out of here. I look for my familiar and doesn't see him within the building as i can only nod in understanding figuring his sense of smell must make this entirely unbearable for him. I look around the tavern quickly and spots the person known as Ali. Without wasting anytime i turn to Jomei and say. Found the Ali guy. I say and quickly starts making my way over towards him just wearing casual clothing at the moment of a blue jacket, grey shirt, and long black pants. Not having any armor or weapons equipped at the moment.

"Mm, yeah." Trying to shake off the last of whatever nerves had formed from the unusual encounter, Teion nodded. Her feelings were mixed yet again, since her heartfelt exchange with the brunette alchemist. She told herself over and over that she couldn't blame herself for not being able to help her friend--it wasn't until well after Piera had been rescued from that horrible place that she even ran into her friend to realize they had both been stuck in the game all this time. But the man across from her had helped Sophie--saved her--and seemed to be a close friend where she could not, and for that Teion was grateful.

And then there were his still-unexplained connections to Beatbox. The more she tried to push the blonde swordsman into the farthest corners of her heart and mind, the more often he seemed to be dragged back to the forefront. Her curiosity had burned brightly the past few hours, and it seemed as though she'd have to wait a bit longer before that fire would be quelled. The violette turned her attention over her shoulder, where she spotted the familiar faces of the two noirettes approaching. Teion took a couple of steps back, rolling her shoulders while she tried to shift her mindset to the task at hand.

She offered a small nod in greeting to each of the other members of the Holy Dragon Alliance, keeping up with the group while Jomei led the way to their destination. Giving a sidelong glance at the woman sporting casual attire, she made a wordless note to take a step back this time, a hint of guilt nagging at her for her brazen actions during their first quest. Perhaps being out of her element on the mountainous floor might also leave her a bit cautious.

"Evening Daddy!" Kimi said loudly in an obnoxious, but jokingly manner. She knew that Jomei wasn't too comfortable with being called "Daddy" but she was just poking fun at him since he is taking the role of "Guild Dad". Kimi really didn't notice that Hestia was beside her as they arrived, but that was fine since they were all together now. As the group finally met Hestia asked how they all were doing in a friendly and casual manner. "I'm doing fine i guess, i was napping when i got the message. Glad i didn't ignore it, because you all are here." Kimi said with a warm smile.

The group then quickly made their way to Ali in the darker side of town, in which Jomei warned us to be careful. Kimi made sure to hold onto Noodle since last time he stumbled and caused a ruckus. She stayed by Jomei's side throughout the time they were in the darker side of the valley. Kimi looked towards Teion and asked shyly, "So how have you been?" Kimi really wanted to give the newest addition to their group some conversation since Kimi always felt bad that shes probably not including her. Though as she said that Hestia said she already found Ali and started making her way to her. "Ohh... sorry about that, guess we're getting straight down to business." Kimi said rubbing the back of her neck while still keeping Noodle of the ground. Kimi then went along to follow Hestia while still staying near Jomei because she felt safer that way.

The ginger tried his best to not look like a lost player as he looked for Ali. The clientele of the bar seemed less than friendly, many of their eyes already locked on the players. The group walked forward, scanning all of the tables for the NPC who requested their presence. "Where could he be..." Jomei said under his breath, looking along the group of   men and women who sat at the tall wooden bar. As he reached the end, his eyes locked on a mysterious looking man, who's face was hidden under the shadow of a hood. His fingers were curled around a nearly empty glass of dark liquid, one by one tapping on the cup. Slowly, the hood turned to look at Jomei, an eerie pale blue eye just visible from the veil of the shadow, daring the ginger to approach him or speak. Jomei could feel the hair on the back of his neck stand up as he noticed the color of the crystal above his head, but was quickly snapped back to reality when Hestia called out that she had found Ali.

Jomei turned his attention back to the girl, who had already begun her approach to the opposite side of the bar, where Ali sat alone at a table large enough to sit most of them. As they approached, Ali's eyes pulled up from the table and scanned the four players in front of him. A neutral expression stretched into a smirk as he invited the four to  join him. Once they were all seated, the man looked to see if anyone had been listening before speaking.

"Have you heard?" he started "A sect of those bandits decided to take a hike up one of the mountains here.. hear they found something pretty interesting. The head of a lion, with a human like face. The wings of a bat. The tail of a scorpion. A manticore, they call it... Mind checking it out? I'm sure a group of adventurers like yourselves could handle it no problem... Maybe bring back something as proof?" 

The ginger looked to his friends at his side before leaning back in his chair, looking across at Ali, "Whats in it for us?" he asked. Ali smirked, "Well.. let's just see if you can get the job done first."

I walk over towards the table and sits down in the seat that is provided as i listen to the man tell his tail as i grin a very big smile just getting more and more excited at the idea of facing another greek myth. I am fine with doing this job mister Ali. I want to see if this beast will be as disappointing like Cerberus or not. I say rather happily and excitedly as i glance over at Kimi when i say Cerberus since i know she will understand what i mean by saying that. I then look over to Jomei with a grin. Come on lets go do this for Ali we'll be able to beat it with ease with people like you and Teion their. if anything if it somehow gets to much for even someone like you two frontline material DPS people then i could get involved and be a proper tank. I suggest in a excited and happy tone of voice wishing to see what this Manticore is made of hoping that it isn't as weak as the other greek myths have been. I grin a bit as a idea enters my mind. 'And if we do go to fight this Manticore thing maybe i can convince Jomei to leave it to me and Kimi at first to try and allow us to have a true fight, and if Kimi can't get past it if it has mitigation then just add in Teion.' I think to myself with a smile hoping that Jomei wouldn't midn that last minute change if he just agrees to doing the quest in the first place.

"Hm?" Teion looked to her side, surprised only for a moment that one of the other girls had tried to initiate a conversation. The whole group was rather friendly, though they were more persistent than she expected at warming up to her. "Oh, uhm," At first she wasn't sure how to answer. "Fine, I suppose. Better than our first meeting...I think." She turned her gaze back forward to avoid meeting Kimi's, a gloved hand raising to graze over the skin at the back of her neck. "Had a chance to talk with an old friend." She explained in a smaller voice.

The group reached the bar without any trouble, though the company they would find inside looked as though it would have no qualms about giving them some. Teion almost automatically took on a scowl, shifting her weight while they worked to find the sender of their message.

Soon enough, the violette was standing aside a table, arms folded over her chest as she listened to Ali's request. "Fighting a manticore, huh?" She mumbled under her breath. With a swipe of her menus, Teion gave a few taps and another party request was sent to the three beside her. 'Fine by me. I've definitely had my fill of bandits.'

Kimi sat nearby Jomei as to avoid the other patrons of the bar that have been staring at the group. She thought that if she stuck near Jomei since he was the highest level amongst them and the only guy in the group it would help advert some disdainful looks. Ali noticed the group and began to brief them on what he had in mind, but as soon as Kimi heard the description of what a manticore is she wasn't entirely sure what to feel. "A disgusting creature like that? It might be pretty difficult, but with Guild Dad here and their new acquaintance, Teion, it really should be too much of a problem." Kimi thought to herself giving a quick glance to Jomei and Teion. Hestia went on and chimed in about how the Manticore will actually offer a challenge unlike the Cerberus they fought together. Kimi let out a smirk once she heard that and giggled a bit at how things had turned out for them back then. "Hopefully its not a three day trip like back then." Kimi said towards Hestia trying to add on to the joke of a Cerberus they fought.  

Kimi accepted the invitation from Teion without a second thought and then turned to Jomei and asked, "So whats the plan then?" 

"Alright. We will go check it out." Jomei said with a nod of his head. "Excellent." Ali replied, clasping his hands together, "I do not have exact coordinates to give you this time.. but from what I heard, it should be located on a clearing near the top of the first mountain to the West of here. The journey may be long.. though I doubt it would take three days like you mentioned before, my friend." he turned his eyes on Hestia in regards to her mention of the trip to find Cerberus. 

Once the meeting with Ali had been finished, and Jomei accepted the party invite from Teion, he stood and turned to the rest of his group. "Let's get out of this pub before we start formulating a plan.. I don't like some of the looks we are getting here.." Jomei attempted to be vague about his uncomfortable feelings in the pub, when his real reason for wanting to quickly leave was the hooded man who had eyed him down in the corner, a man Jomei knew far too well.. and wanted to get as far away as possible from him. Letting the three women walk first, Jomei followed behind to make sure none of the other patrons tried to bother them as they made their way to the exit. Before stepping through the open doorway, the ginger took one last look back at the corner of the bar, an empty stool was all that remained of the man from before. 

With a short walk through Nimbus, the four emerged back onto the surface of Floor Seven, the sun mostly set behind the peaks of the mountains. "Alright so.." Jomei started to get the attention of the other three. "I'm guessing that, if what Ali said was right about the bandits, we will probably run into a few of them while trying to get to the Manticore.. If they are anything like the ones we fought on Floor Five, they should not be a problem." a hand rose to his chin in thought before continuing, "Its the Manticore that I don't know anything about stats wise.. So we really need to be careful there." Jomei's gaze turned to the mountain that supposedly housed this beast. "The trip itself towards that mountain may take a bit of time, not including the hike up the side. On one hand, it may be smart to move under the cover of night to avoid being spotted.. but it may also be dangerous to try and climb the mountain in the dark... What do you guys think? Should we just try to move and get this over with? or would you rather see how far we can get before maybe setting up camp?"

I see the party invite pop up as i smile and hits the accept button right away with a grin as i see all of our names  below my own with the health bars. 'Alright now it is just a matter of surviving the quest which should be the easiest thing.' I think to myself in some amusement fairly confident in my own abilities to handle this quest even if Jomei was not here. Well even if it is a three day trip it will be a fun one since we will be able to get to know each other better. I say with a smile and a chuckle as i then follow Jomei out of the tavern when he starts to make his way out seemingly leading the way alongside Teion, and Kimi as i just shrug figuring it is his way of trying to protect us from the more seedier characters that could be in this bar. Just waiting for the moment to cause trouble from theft, or some other method.

Hearing the possible plan i just nod my head and says. Well if we run into more of these bandits Kim and i will just leave them to you and Teion like we did back on the fifth floor. I'm sure the two of you can beat these simple bandits. I say in a optimistic tone of voice and a smile as i then quickly equip my armor and weapons since we'll be traveling. Also i say lets leave as soon as possible Jomei since Ali said it could take a long while to get to the mountain. If that is the case if we leave at night then by the time we get the mountain it could be day. So lets go now to try and make it on time to the mountain. Then if you're worried about us climbing a mountain while it is dark if we don't reach it in time we can set up camp and get a good night's rest. I suggest to the leader stating my opinion of what to do.

Teion rolled her shoulders once they emerged from the bar, listening to the step that she had glossed over on their last quest--planning. She frowned when Jomei mentioned bandits again, and it took her a second to picture the more generic 'monster' bandits rather than the unsavory groups she had run into one after another during her trip through the desert with Spencer and Ryo the week before. "Play it by ear, I guess?" She shrugged with a hint of indifference. Teion was never great with tactics and strategies--before a boss fight in a game she would always skim over the mechanics and just do what her raid leader told her to.

As the group settled on a plan of action and made their way towards the gates of Nimbus, Teion felt an anxious knot festering in the pit of her stomach. There were questions she wanted answers to, questions that she would likely have to provide answers for, and stories that she almost wanted to be shared. She was impatient, but held her tongue. If they would be travelling, possibly camping out in the wild, she couldn't afford to keep diverting their attention from their objectives.

As the meeting with Ali finished Jomei mentioned how he didn't want to formulate a plan while still in the shady tavern which Kimi didn't really thing about. "You're probably right." With that said the group made their way out of the tavern in a quick and orderly fashion as to not attract any attention. Once outside and fair distance from the tavern Jomei spoke up with a plan to which Hestia voiced her ideas. Kimi really wasn't sure where to stand in the planning of things, but from what Hestia had thrown in for a plan she could only really agree. "I'm not one for planning really, but we could make some good time to get to the base of said mountain and then camp so we can hike it in the morning." Kimi said shyly. "We can also just travel now as it is. I feel rather safe as long as we have you guys." Kimi said with a bright smile being rather optimistic. Kimi then went on to double check her gear as she waited for Jomei to give the final decision. 

I didn't expect everyone to be so indifferent on that plan.. The ginger thought to himself before closing his eyes and letting out a small sigh, "Alright.. So I guess we will just play it by ear then. We can start heading towards the mountain, and see how we feel at that point." Jomei then stepped past the ground, before turning his head over his shoulder, "Let's get going before it gets too dark." Averting his gaze forward yet again, the man Jomei led the three through the large wooden gates of the fortress and out the rocky fields. From what Jomei could tell by the layout of the floor, the dirt paths that were dug out between each of the boulder-littered hills did not lead to the mountain where they were going. Instead, the group would need to move straight across the field to their destination. 

Jomei shifted his walk so he was moving alongside Teion. The man was silent at first, thinking of where exactly to start. "So I take it you're good friends with Piera too?" he asked her, "Her and I met a long time ago.. one of the founding members of my old guild with Lowenthal and I.. The three of us became very, very close friends. I really see her more as a sister, to be honest." The tone of Jomei's voice dropped a bit, both in volume and into a more serious tone, "I'm sure she already told you what happened.. about her getting kidnapped and being held against her will to craft for those monsters for months until Lowenthal and I finally broke her and Lee out.. I'm just happy she's been able to stay safe since then... even if it means mostly locking herself in her house." 

As we start walking out of the town towards the monster once more Jomei moves up towards Teion as i try to listen in with curiosity as i move closer to Kimi to prepare myself to protect her encase a mob tries to attack her. Knowing that Teion, and Jomei can take care of themselves, and Kimi is no exception. However, a little extra protection from a tank had never hurt anyone before, or i at least hope that is the case. I turn to Kimi and asks in a low, but curious tone of voice. So then is it me or does Jomei seem to be talking to this Teion girl a lot? Do you think they are just old friends, or their is more then meets the eye about their talks from what we can hear? I ask curiously to the girl at my side as we follow Jomei towards where the quest is supposed to start in terms of enemies, and goals. The part of the conversation i can hear mentioning that whoever this Piera girl is that she is somehow close to the two people, but not much else besides their was a person known as Lowenthal.

The soles of Teion's boots hit the uneven ground as they traveled through the long stretch of plains, the light of the sunset already stolen away by the tall mountain ranges in the distance. She was grateful when Jomei broke the silence, listening carefully to everything he said. Though some of it was a rehashing of the tale Piera had told her, she gave a small nod. "Sophie--" She cut herself short when she realized the ginger likely wouldn't know the reason behind her different name for the woman. "I've called her that from a different game we played, and it's just stuck for me." She explained before starting over. "I knew Sophie for...what, two or three years before this mess? We were online friends. I only found out she was here when she happened to recognize my username in my shop. That was... a bit under a year ago, I think." She paused as she struggled to track the time that had passed in her head.

"I hadn't seen her in...far too long," She didn't want to think about how many times she pushed off meeting with the brunette alchemist. "But yesterday, I finally got around to meeting up again. I...didn't even know what had happened to her until then." Her jaw clenched and her fingers curled at her sides as she walked, her anger threatening to resurface from her previous exchange with Piera.

"My turn." Her tone went a bit flat to compensate. "I didn't know of many who got that close to him. How do you know so much about Beatbox?" She asked without taking her eyes off the scenery laid out in front of them.

The planning session went quicker than Kimi thought, but regardless everyone seemed able to adapt on the spot and handle themselves well so she wasn't to concerned. As the group finally left to make their way to the quest she saw that Jomei and Teion were having a talk and not soon after Hestia went on to ask about it. "Well I do see them talking a lot more now than back in our previous quest together. Maybe their friends, but I think this is their first time meeting. I would pry into it because i'm curious, but judging from the tone of voice i think its a bit serious. I don't wanna be rude and jump into that randomly." Kimi said giving Hestia a slight shrug. "Anyways what do you think? Because i think they got some kind of history together. Or at least that's the vibe i'm getting." Kimi noticed how Teion was more or less easy or uneasy around Jomei and talked a bit more, which wasn't a problem, but she was genuinely curious to what they were talking about.