[PP-F1, F2] <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> Tough Rocks are Tough [Completed]

"Okay..." Ell said as he read Thunder Stormers in his inventory. A pair of boots that act as a weapon when using Martial Arts.

"Soon enough, I would be able to use you." Ell tapped Friend List in his menu and scrolled down to Hei. He didn't actually have to scroll since he was the only user in his Friend List.

Ell was waiting at the exit of the Town of Beginnings, he reread the message that he sent to Hei, and they were supposed to do a quest in order to get the Martial Arts Skill.

"Yo! I finally had the Energy to do the quest, the problem is, and I don't know where it is. So yeah! I'm at the exit of the Town of Beginnings, waiting. Can't wait to finally get the Martial Arts Skill. See ya."

Ell closed his menu and buried his face in his hands.

Did I do it right? He thought.

@Hei

Edited by H3LL0

Hei was in his shop, browsing through the few materials he had left and thought about what he could craft from them, when he received a message from H3LL0. Opening it and quickly reading it, Hei wondered who H3LL0 was, until he remembered the one he crafted the cloak for. - I remember, I said that I could help with the breaking the unbreakable quest, so I should go and help. What is he doing at the exit of town, doesn't he know that it is on floor two, and so he needs to use the teleporter in the centre? -  thinking about this, he made his way through his shop, looking for an item he had in stock for ever, that would come in handy for this type of quest. He had done the quest once before, or at least he had wandered into two people doing it and helped them with the task, so he knew what the quest was about. As he finally found the Natures Will, he packed it into his equipment and left the Hanger, looking for Ell, who would be at some exit of the town.

Once he had checked two gates, he opened his friendlist, sending Ell a party invitation, as he would be able to see him on the map that way. Following the map it didn't take much time for him to find the Player at one exit of the town. "Hey H3LL0, nice to see you again." he greeted him, waving and more or less running towards him. When he was close enough to talk normally, he pulled an item from his inventory and showed it to Ell. "Here, you should take this for the duration of the quest, it'll increase your damage, so it wont be that hard to break the stone. Also we need to go to the teleport platform in the middle of the town if we want to get to the second floor, where the quest will be"

Item lend to H3LL0:

Spoiler

Name: Natures Will

Your Profession: Tailor

Your Rank: Rank 4

ID: 82237

Roll: 11+1

Item Type: cloth, hand wraps
Tier: Tier 1

Quality: perfect

Enhancements: Unarmed Damage (3)

Description: These hand wraps are made of roots and twines, once the wearer put them on, the living wood grows in to place, covering most of the wearers hand and forearm in hard and spiky wood.

Post Link: Post

Stats:

Spoiler

Hei: 500/500 HP | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 4 DMG

Equipment:

- Dragon's Eye +3 ACC
-
Scales of Speed +3 EVA
-
The Harbinger's Cloak +3 LD (vanity/ battleready items)
- Gloves of Annihilation
(+3 unarmed DMG)

Battle Ready:
T1 Damage Potion
T1 Overhealth Potion
The Harbingers Cloak
Natures Will

@H3LL0

Edited by Hei

Ell accepted the party invitation right away.

"Oh yeah that's right, those things exist even in VRMMORPGs. I'd better ask him how to that when this is over."

"Hey H3LL0."

Finally. 

Ell waved at Hei with the best smiling friendly face he could master as he walked towards him.

"Nice to see you again."

Well you don't have to pretend. If it is such a drag to help someone as weak as me you can go. Ell thought. He always looked down on both newbs and noobs, and now that he sees himself as one, he looks down on himself.

Hei took took out a weapon, hand wraps to be precise. 

And there are my training wheels right off the bat.

"Here, you should take this for the duration of the quest, it'll increase your damage, so it wont be that hard to break the stone. Also we need to go to the teleport platform in the middle of the town if we want to get to the second floor, where the quest will be"

"Cool I'll take it. This will surely make breaking the stone much less of a drag right? Also, what do you mean by a teleport platform? Never been in the middle of the town, sorry." 

Ell replied.

Edited by H3LL0

Ell was standing there, waving at him, when he had arrived and had greeted him with a smile. Hei was happy that Ell was fine and it seemed that he was ok, so when he had handed the item over to him, Ell had thanked him, and asked if they would actually help. Followed by asking what a teleport platform was. Hei was a little shocked, as he had thought everyone knew how the transportation between floors worked. "Ok, then I'll show you how it works and where you can find it." with this said, Hei made his way back to the plaza that housed the teleportation platform. "You see these few steps to the platform right in the middle of this place, if you walk up there and name the main settlement of an already activated floor, you get teleported there. I'll show you, you just have to say Urbus" Then Hei entered the teleporter and with simply saying Urbus, he got teleported to floor two's main settlement.
The medieval town had a completely different vibe than the tow of beginnings and even the air was cooler and smelled different. As he had done this multiple times, it was nothing new for him, but he was eager to learn what Ell thought about this once he would arrive on the second floor

"Urbus"

After saying that, Hei's body glowed blue until it enveloped him and then he was gone.

"Well that happened fast." Ell said as he took as step on the platform then stepped back down and took a deep breath.

Oh come on, what is the worst that could happen, trust Hei on this. Ell thought.

He then stepped back up on the platform. What was it again? Erebus? Burnubus? Oh wait... that's it...

"Urbus!" With that said, Ell's body glowed, he closed his eyes as the glow enveloped him...

Ell kept his eyes closed until he heard the sound of the town; loud shouting, wheels rolling, people laughing, and then he opened his eyes.

The town was different from the Town of Beginnings. All around him, the houses were like those from the medieval movies he had watched.

He stepped down the platform and noticed that the ground was made out of cobble. He opened his menu and looked at the map of town, started to run, and aimed for the town's exit, ignoring and running past Hei. He found his way out and made his way out of the crater.

There he saw such a wonderful view, tablelands, plateaus, mesas, and rivers stretching as far as his eyes could see.

"Wow it's like I'm going to go hiking for the first time. VRMMORPGs are so cool."

@Hei

Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 600/600 | EN: 6/6 | DMG: 2 | EVA: 1 | Bleed: 2

EQ:

• Golden Sun Dagger (Perfect) Keen +1, Bleed +2
  • Ell's Robe (Rare) Evasion +1, Savvy +1

BR:

• (1)Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
  • (3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
  • Thunder Stormers (Rare) Paralyze +2
  • Silver Moon Dagger (Rare) Damage +2

Hei was waiting next to the teleportation platform, as he wanted to see Ells reaction to the quick travel system, and he was not disappointed when Ell appeared a few moments later, his eyes closed. - have I done that too, when i first used the teleporter - Hei wondered, but couldn't remember, as it had been over a year since he had began to really level and become stronger. He wasn't even sure when he had used it the first time, but it could have been with Atzo, when they had ported do the fifth floor. However, that wasn't important right now, so he looked at Ell, who had now opened his eyes and looked around, absorbing the completely different landscape surrounding him. "Yeah, the landscape on this floor is really nice, and you know, we will go hiking. The quest you are looking for is given by an hermit who lives in a hut about two hours of hiking through the mountains. We can start whenever you are ready."

@H3LL0

"Ready? I was already ready when I sent you that message." Ell said as he walked down the rim of the crater.

"A hermit huh? I bet he is one of those wise and strong monk looking kind of guys, since he is going to give me the martial arts skill. Oh cool look at that!" 

He then made his way to a crystal sticking out one of the tablelands he tried to pull it out.

ID: 95598 Result: LD =6 -Fail

Oh I forgot, I suck at this

"Uh oh, guess I am just wasting time, maybe I will save the exploring and stuff after we finish the quest. Sorry in advance but..." Ell made a short pause before continuing

”I know what we are going to break rocks, but I have no idea where... so uhh... please lead the way... I guess?”

Edited by H3LL0

Hei had not expected Ell to be so eager to do that, but then he this might be very important to him. The breaking the unbreakable quest was the window to a world of fighting without weapons, and he remembered how Stryder had been on that quest. He had just helped him, but the poor boy had fought so hard, it must have been important to him. When he had asked him if he was ready, Ell had told him that he had been ready all day and so they left the crater quickly without much more than talking about the mentor NPC. "Well, you are right in that she is a monk, but it's not a he and I wouldn't describe her as wise. Maybe evil and a bad person in general, but not wise." Hei knew that Ell wouldn't know what to make of these information, but he would see soon enough.

On the way out of the crater, Ell tried to gather some material, but the crystal he tried to collect was worthless. Hei was not to fond of wasting any time, as he was not the one who would gain something from the quest at all. And after a moment and Ell apologizing for wasting time, he asked where they had to go and Hei lead the way through the narrow valley and up the high mountain towards it's top. Not to far below it, there was a hut with a space freed of grass. Right in the middle of it, a big stone was standing, a rope around it, waiting for them to break it. "Here we go, you see this stone, it's what you need to destroy."

Once they had arrive Hei went over to the hut and knocked at the door, so a young and athletic looking woman exited it. "Nice to see you mistress Yonaga. And once again, it's not me who wishes to learn the arts of fighting with their bare body, but this one over there." pointing at H3LL0. The female monk walked over to Ell and had a look at him. "You look kinda thin, you really think you can handle the power of martial arts? I know, we play a game. If you break that rock with your bare hands, I'll teach you, if you aren't able to, you will be a fox from now on" and without waiting for Ells response she closed in at him and drew whiskers on his face.

Ell followed Hei wherever he went. Through a valley, up a mountain and towards a hut. As they walked towards the hut, Hei pointed out the stone that he would break in order to earn the skill.

”That is enormous. Now I don’t know if I wanna continue or not.”

When they reached the hut, Hei greeted an NPC who seemed to be named Yonaga. She told Ell about what was the goal for the quest and painted whiskers on his face. Ell struggled and tried to shake her off but she was too tough and too fast for him to do so. 

“Hmph! Some rock ain’t gonna stop me from getting what I want.” He said.

“Well I’d like to see you try, skinny.” Yonaga replied.

Ell equipped the hand wraps Hei lent to him, and drank one of the potions he had brought for the trip. The hand wraps grew covering his forearm. 

Wow, I wonder if I could buy these, or something like these

”I always come ready, these aren’t prohibited right? I mean you didn’t say such. But it’s too late to stop me now!” Ell said as he hit the rock.

Spoiler

ID:95755

H3LL0

• Used (1)Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
  • Attacks with [Basic Attack]
  • BD =2 -Fail
  • EN: 6-2=4
  • Rock HP: 50/50

Ell lost his footing, slips and hits his face on the ground. He rolled over, lied down, and looked at the sky. 

"What a drag, get me out of this game..." He said with a beet red face and mumbled a lot of insults mostly stating how stupid he is.

Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 600/600 | EN: 6/6 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 1 | Savvy: 1

EQ:

• Nature's Will (Perfect) Unarmed Damage +3 
  • Ell's Robe (Rare) Evasion +1, Savvy +1

BR:

• Golden Sun Dagger (Perfect) Keen +1, Bleed +2
  • (3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
  • Thunder Stormers (Rare) Paralyze +2
  • Silver Moon Dagger (Rare) Damage +2

@Hei

Edited by H3LL0
Added the part where I use the potion in my battle report

It was always fun to see how the players that hadn't excepted Yonaga reacted to her, even when Ell's reaction was on the less strong side. He had just tried to get away from her, but of course he had been to slow. Hei had never seen someone who had actually been quick enough to get away, and if there should be someone like that, Yonaga would be glad to train him. The next thing Ell had done was equipping the Nature's Will, which was a really cool weapon he had crafted. Hei really liked the aesthetic it had, with the roots growing around Ell's forearm and hand. He himself had the Gloves of annihilation, that covered his hands and made them look like shadowy claws.

When Ell had started his first attack against the stone, he had slipped and so not even hit the Stone, that was just like when he had met Stryder, but today he would help even more, as he was here from the start, and Ell had a weapon equipped, not like Stryder, who had actually used his bare hands to break the stone. "I don't think I can do that" was Hei's reaction to Ell's whining. Then he stepped towards the rock and with a combination of punches and scratches was able to reduce it's HP, sending small pebbles flying away. "here you go. It's not that hard, but I believe it'll still take us some time."

ID# 96065
Battle: 2 +3 [ACC] +2 [negative Eva] = 7 -> hit -> 4 DMG

Rock: 46/50 HP | -2 EVA

Edited by Hei
Spoiler

ID: 96103

H3LL0

• EN:  4+1=5/6
  • BD: 4+2=6 -Success
  • EN: 5-1=4
  • Deals: 5 DMG (Base Damage-1 + Unarmed Damage-3 + Tier One Damage Potion-1)
  • Rock HP: 46-5=41

"Well of course you can't, but..." Ell stood back up and had a stretch. He went at the rock again, concentrating on his footing this time. He attacked with a right hook, it took longer than he expected for his fist to hit the rock. He hit the very edge of the rock, nearly missing it by an inch.

Good thing this one doesn't move, I would have obviously missed that if it did. He thought.

Then he hammered the rock with his left dealing damage to it.

"Honestly, I am not good at starting friendly conversations, but... It would be drag if we just punch this rock in silence, kinda seems..." He paused, he wanted to say 'like you regret being here' but he himself knew that that wasn't true

I think...

"So anyways, here is a question, did you really believe what uhh... what is his name? the big cloak guy? He said that if we die in the game, we die in real life. I mean if he already did trap us, there is no reason to believe every word he says, right?"

@Hei

Edited by H3LL0
Added summary of the Damage in battle report

After he had hit the rock the first time, Ell had gotten back up and stepped in, too. He actually replied to Hei more or less sarcastic replying to his whining, but this time Hei would just ignore this. Ell tried to attack the rock and his right hook nearly missed the rock, but he added a left hook that hit the rock for some damage. The second hit wasn't to bad, but still it seemed Ell had to adjust to the fighting without a weapon. Hei would continue to land a combination of different punches and kicks against the rock, when Ell tried to start a conversation. His first attempt ended with an open ended sentence and Hei was not to sure what Ell was thinking, but he wouldn't reply to this either.
When Ell then asked him, if he believed in what Kayaba had said on the first day of the game. That was a tricky question and Hei had thought about it for a long time. His first few month within SAO Hei had done nothing more than gathering information about the game design and any clues about the dying in real life, but he had never found any real clues. "I don't know if I believe him, but if he didn't tell the truth, why would we still be here. Our relatives and friend would for sure have helped us out of this game if there wasn't a problem like that of the death of who ever tried it. But there could still be another way to archive the immersive game we have right now. I tried to find clues for a multi-server-system, but I found nothing more that what I already knew."

ID# 96180
battle: 10 -> crit -> 4+2 = 6 DMG

Rock: 35/50 HP

OOC: why do you deal 5 DMG?

Edited by Hei

(OOC: I drank the DMG+ Potion... was that allowed?)

Spoiler

ID:96268

H3LL0

• EN:  4+1=5/6
  • BD: 3+2=5 -Miss
  • EN: 5-2=3
  • Deals: 5 DMG 
  • Rock HP: 35/50

Ell watched as Hei combo hit the rock. Unlike Ell, Hei did multiple punches and kicks while at the same time dealing alot of damage.

Well doing those things are too much of a drag, but if that makes things much easier then what is there to lose? He thought. 

He took a deep long breath and then he exhaled. 

Okay, let us see if more Damage per Second deals alot more Damage than a concentrated one hit burst... Yeah! Game Science!

He the  tried to do the same things Hei did, at least what he remembered. He did some random punches and kicks like those he saw from the movies, or those from the other games he played. But in the end, he seemed to do no damage.

”But we don’t know the truth for sure do we? We don’t even know if time flows the same in here, I mean this just a game in my mind, you might not even exist and just a part of the game, might... But in the end none of those really matter.” He sighed.

@Hei

Edited by H3LL0

"Well, I can assure you the time within this game should go just as fast as outside. I got a good look at the NerveGear before using the game, not to mention, that I know the limitations of my computer. The process rate is not high enough to create a smooth image of time lapse. The only thing that could be, was that the in game time is slower than the real one, but why should this be done?"  Hei replied to Ell's mostly philosophical question. He had been super interested in the game and so he had gathered as much information as he could before entering it. Even though it was not really helpful, it was still nice to be able to be sure about this little.  "So don't worry about that stuff and just live your life in this game as good as you can. So besides you finally getting the martial arts skill through this quest, what have you done lately?" Hei added to keep the conversation going.

Ell had tried to mimic his style of fighting, but it seemed that he wasn't able to use enough strength with his quick punches, so the rock didn't get broken down any further. Should he tell Ell, that he was just so much better in landing his hits thanks to an item he wore, or should he let him experience the difference for himself? As he had no good answer to this question, he simply continued to send a barrage of punches and kicks towards the big stone in front of him. And just as he had expected, the stone broke down a little more. With it's HP coming closer to half, a big crack began forming right in the middle of it, but it was still really narrow and would take some more damage to do its job.

ID# 96372
Battle:
5 + 3 + 2 = 10 -> hit -> 4DMG

Rock: 31/50 HP

OOC: no problem there, I just missed you taking it and wondered why you dealt more damage than me

Edited by Hei

Ell listened to Hei as he explained what he had done to understand the NerveGear and Sword Art Online better.

Woah so this guy is so intelligent... Or maybe he is just hardworking and dedicated, or both! Either way we are opposites. Ell thought.

Hei told him to live his life in SAO the best he can and asked what Ell had been doing lately.

"Well, just you know, the normal grind stuff, accepting random invites, buying new items..." He said as he cracked his knuckles preparing to punch the rock. 

"You know, I am just curious..."  Ell started as he walked away from the rock and tried a new way of attacking the rock.

I wonder if a doing a running start would do the job. Then he started to charge at it.

Spoiler

ID: 96541

H3LL0

• EN:  3+1=4/6
  • BD: 9+2=11 -Hit (Crit 1)
  • EN: 4-1=3/6
  • Deals: 6 DMG
  • Rock HP: 25/50

Ell hit the rock with all his might in one punch. They finally half-lifed the rock, the crack Hei made widened.

"You seem to have met Yonaga before, exactly how many times have you done this quest?"

He turned to Hei to listen.

"You seem to know her well."

@Hei

Edited by H3LL0

When Ell replied to Hei's question about what he had done lately, it seemed to Hei, that the blond had done what everyone who wasn't to powerful should be doing. He himself hated the grinding one had to do to become stronger, but he did it anyway and it was good to hear that Ell was on his way to becoming stronger himself. "Well, that sounds just like the boring stuff everyone does from time to time. I did some grinding as well and I nearly got killed while doing so. " then Ell then said that he was curious about something and attacked the stone with an charging attack, Hei knew what it was. He remembered that Stryder had done the same, but Stryder had missed the rock by lipping on a patch of grass and nearly hit his head on the rock.

The Attack hit right where it needed to and the Rocks HP dropped into the yellow, so now it was gonna be quick for them to destroy it he thought, when Ell asked him how many times he had done the quest. "I haven't done the quest more than once. But you know, she isn't just a hard trainer for this quest, but her AI is really nice to talk to. She knows lots of interesting facts about Aincrad, and it's always nice to watch new players arrive and fight their way through this rock." With this said, Hei though it was time to fight through the rock himself and started another attack against it, this time it was just a single punch.

ID# 96893
battle: 2 + 2+ 3 = 7 -> hit -> 4 DMG

Rock: 21/50 HP

Edited by Hei

Getting killed while grinding? Just what kind of mob does this guy grind? Ell thought. Normally, in the other game he played, Ell prefered to grind monsters who were at least 3 levels lower than him, that way it was fast and less dangerous.

He punched the rock as he listened to Hei, giving it one punch for every word that Hei said. He said something about how the hermit had an interesting AI, and that she knew alot of facts about Aincrad. "Oh yeah? Then would you mind telling me one of those facts she told you?" Ell hoped that he was going to say something he didn't already know.

Spoiler

ID: 97049

H3LL0

• EN:  3+1=4/6
  • BD: 1 -Auto miss
  • EN: 4-2=2/6

As Ell continued to punch the rock, he noticed that he was not dealing mch damage anymore. 

'Hmm... Must be because I am already tired or I am not exerting that much effort as I did a while ago' He thought.

@Hei

Edited by H3LL0

While Ell was hitting the rock with multiple punches, he asked Hei to tell him one of those interesting facts, and Hei instantly remembered one that had really surprised him and so he told Ell what he had learned from Yonaga "Okay, I can tell you one, but I believe you should better ask her herself if you want to learn about the lands of Aincrad. And don't forget, it's information about the land from a point of view, that sees the game as the real world." he paused with his telling before he had actually started telling him anything and tried to land a few hits onto the rock to bring it closer to the point of breaking. And indeed, the punch he landed was stronger than he had though, or maybe just hit a weakspot, however, the crack got bigger and it wouldn't take long for them to finally break the stone.
"You know, that there is a war between the treants and the elves of the third floor? If you don't then you now know. Yonaga once told me how it happened that these two races that had lived in peace for a long time started a war against each other. In the center of the floor there is a lake with an island in the middle and it is said that it houses the god of the forest, so neither the elves nor the treants would go there, but there once was a young elf that ignored the warnings and the forbiddance of going there. The treants learned about this, and this was when they decided they had to kill the heretic elves that had broken their promise to never go there." Once he had finished, he looked at Ell, wondering what he would think about the story he had just told him.

ID# 97347
Battle: 10 -> crit -> 4+2 =  6mg

Rock: 15/50

Edited by Hei

Oh so it was just lore facts, what a drag, I guess that was useless, but I already did ask him to tell me one so there is no backing out now because that would be rude’ Ell thought as he breathed in and out. He watched Hei land some few hits on the rock, he had dealt a large amount of damage making the rock fall to red health. He listened to Hei’s story, or Yonaga’s knowledge rather, about the war in the third floor of aincrad. After he had finished, Ell replied: “Yup I have heard of it, but I never was interested on the story behind it. Guess now I know who to side with when I take the quest, and I am going to give the opposite side a punch like this one!” He chuckled as he punched the boulder.

Spoiler

ID: 97437

H3LL0

• EN:  2+1=3/6
  • BD: 6 -Hit
  • EN: 3-1=2/6
  • Deals: 5 DMG
  • Rock HP: 15-5=10

He hit the boulder on the crack, worsening it. The fissure expanded as its health bar lowered. Ell sighed and stretched his back. He relieved that he was finally going to finish the quest and earn the marshal arts skill. “Just a little bit more, wish I would hit a weak point the next time I give it an almighty punch.”

@Hei

Edited by H3LL0

Ell simply told him that he had heard of the war but that he had never been interested in the story behind these quests and what was going on with it. - If he doesn't even care about things like that, he wouldn't like to talk to Yonaga, as she had always told him about lore facts like this. This was what made SAO so much more alive than just the fact that they were trapped within. It made the world feel alive, at least for me -  he thought before continuing to talk to Ell. Ell had landed a nice punch and the crack was pretty big already, so when Ell said that he was glad that it would be done soon, Hei nodded and tried to use a kick attack, that would have been a kick to the face if the rack had had a face. His foot hit hard and small pieces of stone crumbled away, flying around. "Yeah, would be pretty nice, maybe you get lucky, let's see." Hei said, walking back from the rock, as the last hit was Ells to make. He wouldn't break the rock for someone else to learn that skill.

ID# 97606
Battle: 2 + 2 +3 = 7 -> hit

Rock: 6/50 HP

Edited by Hei