[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

FOR THOSE WHO FOLLOW HIDDEN'S ROLEPLAY STORY, THIS IS FAR AHEAD IN COMPARISON TO CURRENT THREADS! 

The woman held the vanity potion within her hand, the cool glass container resting in her hand. Only Sey so far knew about her decision for being in public. After being captured, she figured another great was to hide was to hide in plain sight. She had previously discussed the matter with her fiancee, and he agreed to the idea itself. She would look to @Sey with a half-smile. "Let's see!" She took a breath before gulping down the white potion. Quite rapidly, a few of her features began to change. Her hair grew lighter,  her hair becoming as white as Sey's. A few other minor things changes, her voice becoming slightly lighter than before. "Meet Elucia, my love" she turned to the mirror in the kitchen, quickly tackling the job of doing her hair in neat braids. Quickly slipping off into the bathroom, she changed into her attire. She smiled as she returned to Sey. 

"To be honest here, I believe that the vanity potion worked rather well. I'll just have to go to a tailor, get a few things made and I will be solid!" She adjusted her dress and stood in front of the man, awaiting him to be completely ready. She quickly swiped her finger and added the final piece. The mask. The mask itself was in the shape of a snowflake, teasing at the fact that now both of them would be considered "Snow-haired". 

@Sey -> Given permission to RP taking my character the rest of the way to the masquerade ball. 

Edited by Hidden
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vigilon had heard of an event going on, and had recently found out that it was a Masquerade Ball, thus meaning he had to find a tux and mask pronto. He normally went to social events like this to get to know other players, possibly participate in certain things regarding the events, and so on. When he reached his shop on floor seven to grab his Valentine's Day gift for Krysta, he spotted a white box with red ribbons and a note. He read the note, and blushed almost immediately. "A-a secret admirer!? When?? How??" Veriost was unusually tired this day, so he decided to leave the small white frost dragon at the second story in the shop so she could rest. One of the upsides that came with this, was that he didn't need to worry about any food raids. He opened the box and found three sweets, one of them enhanced. "How very thoughtful of this person..." Who was this secret admirer? The question was bugging him as he made his way to the eleventh floor. Regarding the mask, he chose to go with one that was the color of(or made from, he didn't exactly know) silver, reminiscent of his last name. He walked into the building, and spotted a girl dressed in white( @Krysta). She looked very familiar, though... He walked up to her. "I hope I'm not getting this wrong, but... by any chance, are you the secret admirer who wrote this note?"

Vigilon's attire:

Spoiler

(OOC: @Krysta, thanks for that irl discussion over the situation between our characters, now I can enter certain threads without worry that IC drama would ruin them...)

"Come on, can we go? Please?" "No." "You've been to other events before, right? Why not this time? Come on!" "No." "We can enter at separate times if you'd like, so that it doesn't come across the wrong way or anything." "No." "Seriously, why not? You could find more possible friends, get to know certain players, maybe even find that someone; the white to your black! Come on!" "No." Dazia's recent friend, Yinangi, who had been tagging along with Dazia most of the time, had proven to be a handful most of the time, but this time, things were getting out of hand. "I prepared for all this like, yesterday!" "Then why don't you go yourself?" "Jeez, since when did you become more detached than usual?" "Don't give me that look." Dazia sometimes wondered, why was she friends with this twelve year old who hardly sits still and constantly drags her out of her comfort zone? "Hmm...How about some rock paper scissors or something? That might help with the decision!" "...Fine, but you know what the result will be."

"Ha! Paper is always key! Rocks are overrated!" Dazia sighed at her inexplicable loss that transpired two hours ago as she looked through the local tailor shops looking for something that might come close to suiting her. "I can't believe this...outsmarted by a child..." Yinangi had picked out a dress and mask, both of them black and white and not too fancy. Dazia stuck with a black dress and mask that she considered "Close enough". She and Yinangi soon made their way to the event. "This had better be worth it, Yinangi..." "*Chuckle*" Dazia walked in, Yinangi doing so as well, and remaining within a six yard radius around her. Dazia looked around the room. "Hmph, seems Cupid decided to turn this building into his playground..."

Dazia's attire:

Spoiler

Yinangi's attire:

Spoiler

Edited by Dazia

Minako ran into Jevi on her way to the party on the eleventh floor when she had bumped into a familiar face. "Ouh! Hi Jevi, you going to party as well?" She asked, removing her mask and walking beside her friend. They had done a few quests together and celebrated afterward. "I don't have a date, but hey! Maybe Mr' Right will be there waiting for me?" She said giving Jevi a smirk. "Maybe you can find someone too, huh?" She said, jabbing a cheeky elbow gently against her friend's side. Minako placed her mask back on her face and held the door open for Jevi. She was a little overwhelmed by the number of people in the large hall. NPC's and players alike all wore masks, and mingled about, while soft and romantic music played in the air. Minako's emotions ran a bit rampant and nervousness took over. Despite her profession, she wasn't that much of a people person. She was online at least, she was by herself in her room with only people watching her across the internet. This was, different. She clung to Jevi's sleeves, but let go when another girl leaped onto Jevi.

~Festival Yuka~
~Mask~

He would smirk, take a sip from his drink and lean back. “I’d have guessed it would end up like this again” he thought for himself. Of course he wouldn’t meet anyone here, everyone came with a partner, so being him, Macradon would stand up and bottom the drink. He would let out a deep breath as he walked over to the drinks table once again, placing down the empty glass and grab another. “Oh well” he thought “I may at least have fun by my own thoughts, then” he would think to himself and try to find another bench to sit on, sitting there by himself. It wasn’t like he didn’t like the company of his own silence, but it did get lonely from time to time, that’s why he had Balthazar by his side, to keep him from utter despair and depression. But now, Balthazar was nowhere near Macradon, the two had parted ways, and Macradon was once again, alone.

Looking at all the beautiful people walking around, chatting, socializing, Macradon smiled and felt that this community was a healthy community, with these people, even if they had to stay in here, they would be able to enjoy themselves, which was good. People had gone away from the chaos and demolishing thoughts of being stuck in a death game, and more social events like these helped the community grow in strength. Everything was going great, nothing was wrong, no drama, no ill thoughts, no bad mouthing, everything was as ideal as Macradon had hoped the civil places would be, the way they should be.

It had been a long time, since Hei had heard of something like a ball,there might have been a few since he was caught in the game, but he had never attended any. The only event he had participated had been the Christmas parts, but it had been hosted by his guild, so that had been the reason. Walking through town, he had seen flyers telling him, that there was going to be a big masquerade ball on the eleventh floor, and he would probably go there, just to have a look. While returning back to his shop, he was thinking about the event and before he entered he had a thought of brilliance. - This is gonna be a masquerade ball, so there will be festive dresses, nice looking masks and music, I bet Fae would love going there. - and so he went back into his shop, looking for the small girl, that had been like a little sister for him, since he had first met her.

"Hey Fae, you wont believe what I saw out in town. There are flyers for a big masquerade ball hanging everywhere, do you want to go there?" And while he waited for the small girl to answer him, he went through the few cloth he had and decided that nothing was good for a ball. - Looks like I have to sew a new outfit for myself, then i can ask Fae if she wants a new dress as well - and so he turned around and asked "I'll have to craft some new cloths before attending the event, do you want a new dress as well?"

After the two had talked about what kind of cloths they were wearing, Hei went straight into the workshop and browsed through the fabric he had in stock and after putting a few away, he had found what he needed to craft the outfit he would wear. It would be white shirt, topped with a purple suit jacket and a pastel coloured scarf. He ddn't have a matching mask, but Hei was sure, he could buy one on his way towards the eleventh floor. So once he was done, he walked to the door, waiting for Fae.

@Fae -> you can RP Hei in your post if you need him to do something.

Spoiler

Hei.jpg.fbd00f1968495315c3c56512b48ec8c9.jpgmask.jpg.a8b44f95a92ed46e5c69c548750a94b9.jpg

Another message, which Jevi opened, from Ruby again. Of course she would say she did not have to come after she had already gotten herself dressed and walked out the door. Her eyes, however, were more focused on the nickname Jevi-baby that she threw in there. Jevi's face contorted a bit before shaking her head, "Oh Rubs.. please don't make a habit of that.." she mumbled to herself. The brunette walked among the crowds of people wearing similar fashion, since Jevi did not know how to traverse Taft's streets for the life of her. At least she was not standing out too much from everyone else, as to avoid stares from passer bys. Finding herself lost in her own thoughts for a moment, Jevi heard the footsteps of someone rushing up to her, before a familiar voice spoke her name. The bronze skinned woman turned her head to the masked girl wearing a yukata, who she did not recognize as Minako until she removed the mask. "Oh, hey Minako." Jevi said with a smile, removing her own mask for a moment, "Yeah.. I wasn't too keen on going. But I figured it beat just sitting in an inn and doing nothing while everyone else was out having fun."  With the significantly shorter brunette at her side, Jevi and Minako continued to follow the crowds and make their way towards the Taft ballroom. Questioning if she could find the right guy for her at the event, Jevi chuckled. "Oh come on Miss Internet Celebrity.. It'd be pretty tough for anyone to resist you." she said with a smile, trying to encourage her friend to go and talk to people when they got there. When the comment was reversed to Jevi, a hand found its way to the back of her neck. "Yeah.. about that.." she began, about to reveal that she was currently in a relationship, but the opening of the large doors to the ballroom distracted her. 

There were a lot more persons in attendance than Jevi had thought, and she had no idea that this many people truly cared to celebrate this 'Hallmark Holiday' in such an extravagant fashion. Suddenly, she felt Minako's tiny hands grip onto her sleeve, a nervous expression taking over her face. "Hey, its nothing to be worried about, I'm sure it'll be fun." Suddenly, Jevi was taken by surprise by a presence behind her that covered her eyes, which caused her to let out a small gasp. However, the familiar voice caused her to let out the breath she did not know she was holding. "Very funny." she said, moving Ruby's hands out from in front of her. Turning around to face the woman donned in a black dress and lacy black mask, her lips curled into a smile, "Hmm you look great." 

@Minako@Ruby

Fae hadn't really been to any parties as of late, only going to the Christmas party and Halloween party, the former being hosted by her guild. Fae had been sitting in the Hanger when Hei walked in and told her about the masquerade ball and asked if she wanted to go to it. Fae perked up, getting excited immediately. She had already seen the flyers around about it, Fae just didn't want to go alone. Now that Hei was going, Fae had someone to go with. Fae nodded her head opening her inventory and changing into her favorite white dress. Before Hei left into the workshop, Fae showed him a drawing of a mask and asked him to make it.

When Hei came back, he had on his purple suit, and he had Fae's mask ready as well. "Thanks mister Hei! Let's go to the ball! This is gonna be super duper fun!" Fae exclaimed as she walked out the door of the shop, skipping with a huge smile as usual.

Spoiler

370eace6c283b88ba6ce8750b314e3ed.jpg.ba3294893fbe40e437881157826c0b69.jpg.386e80b3818e937dc25bea9e2ad0478c.jpg8052b99f049ddcbfc16fb41faf647f31.thumb.jpg.fb48b5e7cf294207363f9b236b3a00b4.jpg

@Hei

Saphira were walking through the town of beginnings as she saw a few flyerst. Curious she took one of them and begun to read - So ther is a masquerade ball on floor 11 for the valentine´s day. - She looked up to the sky - I wonder if there are people I know, but before I will be able to find out I need something for the ball. - she looked at her black armour, even if she was never before on a ball she was sure that armour an normal clothing weren´t the right thing for something like that. She turned around and walked to the tailor shop of a good friend, hoping that he would have something for her. After some time she entered the shop "The Hanger" and after some time of searchin and talking she left the shop again. Saphira walked back to her own shop and house to change clothes.
She looked at the things she had got in the tailor shop, a midnight blue dress and a black mask. Slowly she took them on and looked at herself. It was a long time ago that she had wear a dress. Ther she stood, infront of the mirrow and looked at herself and slowly she begun to feel uncomfortable. She didnt really know why and before the feeling begns to overwhelm her she took her black cloak and walked out of the shop. She made her way to the teleportation plattform , entered it and teleported up to floor 11.

The girl needed a moment to find the place where the ball was, and before she entered the hall she put on the mask and took her cloak back in the inventory. Saphira entered the big hall shy and looked around. She saw nearly twenty players, and tried to find out who of them she could know. She saw the blue hair of Eatos and though if she should walk over to her but she wasn´t able to move on - I don´t want to end up like at the christmas party...I should give it a try. - Still she just stood there unsure what she should do now.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.28c5790e8fae556a5410a80f1eb531c4.jpegimage.jpeg.d91c60fa3304b42b531e712385257af5.jpeg

Edited by Saphira

The floor gate would come to life as it would let another individual enter onto the festivities. As the player materialized, he would raise a hand to fix the mask that sat over his face. A masquerade wasn't his usual cup of tea as it felt like the halfway point between a ball and Halloween. Though, for the event, it was surely an exception. The red dressed man would step forward and look down at his sleeves and at a watch that wasn't there.

He would take in a deep breath and smile fondly "Valentines, one of my favorite times of the year." Valentines day tended to go one of two ways. Either people hated it or they didn't. Lee was on the far side of loving it and very much enjoyed aiming to spread the overall spirit, as he would on Christmas or Halloween. He was most interested in the couples contest that was also being held and aimed to take part in it with his significant other, more officially when she would arrive.

It wasn't really uncommon for a woman to take more time on their appearance, though he wondered just what kind of going-on's was going on in the world. He for the most part had kept himself within his home for quite some time and only really came out when he heard that saint valentines day was rolling around and for there to be a party no less, it was as god a time as any to try his hand at once again entering into the world. "Hopefully this contest has plenty of competition."

Spoiler

Valentine_Lee_2.png

Kimi couldn't help but feel a bit shy in her new dress as Hestia and Spencer came by. Kimi blushed as Spencer mentioned how the both of them looked. It wasn't often she got to wear a dress this fancy. "You look great too Spencer!" Kimi said returning the complement. "Its great to see you guys. I wasn't sure if you would make it. I really thought i might be the one of the few people in the guild to make it." Kimi said with a hint of nervousness in her voice. "That dress looks really good on you to Hestia. I feel like i should've worn something more exquisite, but im not to fond of attention." Kimi said offering a warm smile. Hestia then introduced a person who was accompanying her to Kimi and Spencer exchanging pleasantries. "Its really nice to meet you, I really like your dress." Kimi said being friendly.

Not to soon after a familiar tall figure made their way up to the group. "Jomei! you made it." Kimi offered a quick welcoming hug before going back to Hestia's side. Kimi stayed silent for a moment as she watched more and more people come into the building dressed very fashionably with equally unique masks. "This is really something isn't it." Kimi thought to herself as she absorbed everything that was happening around them.

@Hestia@Spencer@Froppy@Jomei

Kairi had mainly just wanted to explore the giant place as it was so elegant and there just wasn't that many people she had just really wanted to see, however after a bit of exploring she had found herself back to the main hall of the place where all the players had been. Kairi had looked around to see that a plentiful amount of players were around, however she had seen someone by his loansome, she doesn't even see his familiar either, and she hadn't really seen him for quite a long time. Kairi had placed a small smile upon her face and approached him "Hey Macadamia-Nut, its been a while hasn't it?" she had did a small bow in from of him and introduced herself again "It's me Kairi, you helped me a long time ago with the Long Live the Queen quest, remember?" she had let out a small giggle, then she had looked to the spot next to him and asked him "Do you mind if I join you? I am a little depressed myself, better off talking to someone than no one." she had placed her hand behind her head and rubbed her head.

@Macradon

After a moment of wrapping her arms around Jevi she had told her Guess Who? And eventually she had turned to faced Ruby and said some words, even moving her hands back in front of her, Ruby had noticed that she had been looking at her dress and Ruby had done a small twirl. Afterwards Jevi had said to her that she had looked great, Ruby had giggled and said "Well thank you, I looked through thousands of dresses and masks to try to find this one." Ruby had looked up and down Jevi looking at her dress placing a hand on her hip "Well, color me impressed Jevi, I haven''t really seen you in a dress before, and I didn't expect you to wear one like that, it looks extremely good on you." she had looked forward and saw that she was with someone, she had thought she was a friend, Ruby had placed a smile on her face and extended a hand outward towards the player and said to her "Oh hey, I presume you are Jevi's friend? I'm Ruby, its a pleasure to meet you on a day like today."

@Minako @Jevi

A lot was going on, even more people had joined the ball, it was great. Everyone were happy, everyone enjoyed themselves. Macradon just sat here and watched with every sip he took, like a guardian, but not even, they were in the safe zones, so no bother having a guardian close by, not that most would recognize him. He would inhale shortly, holding the breath for a second or two and proceed to exhale deeply like something was wrong, even though it wasn’t. Taking a few more sips off his drink Macradon would hear a perfuliar and familiar voice. Lifting an eyebrow, Macradon would look up at look at a somewhat familiar figure. Chortling lightly at the nickname that has seemingly stuck now, Macradon would smile at the girl “Aye, I remember. My memory ain’t that bad” he said with a joyful tone. Standing up from the bench Macradon would have his drink in the left hand and make a gesture with his right towards the bench “Sure, you can sit, it’s not my bench anywho” he said and would help her get seated if she wanted a hand, and would then proceed to sit down afterwards.

@Kairi

Kairi had chuckled after his statement saying that his memory isn't that bad, she had then said to him "Well you never know, that was 20 or so levels ago for me and a few weeks I believe, so it could be hard to remember." then she had looked to him with a smile as he had stood up and gestured with his right even offering one to help sit her down "Quite a gentleman." she had said with a giggle taking his hand to sit down on the bench. After sitting down Kairi had placed her hands on her lap as she had then looked over to Macradon just to start up a conversation instead of just sitting there awkwardly "So Macradon, how has life been for you? Noticed that you came by yourself and I don't seem to see your familiar anywhere. Has everything been alright?" she said with a bit of concern over her friend, at least concern over someone who showed kindness to her more than once. After a moment, Karona her Mimic familiar with a bowtie on his chest shell had scuttled towards Kairi and then sniffed at Macradon a new person he hasn't met, Kairi had giggled and said to Macradon "Oh, and I have managed to find one of my own, meet Karona!" she plastered a smile on her face.

@Macradon

Macradon nodded and smiled “Aight, I getcha. But it was only one level ago for me” he said with a light hearted tone and a smile. Nodding in acceptance of her compliment, Macradon wouldn’t want to say that much and stayed silent regarding that. Taking a sip as he sat down, Macradon was given quite the direct question asked to him. He would finish his sip and bring down his glass and put in on the bench to properly have the conversation with Kairi. “You could say so. Balthazar and I have parted ways, it was hard for both of us, but it’s best this way. We enjoyed each other’s company, but we had nothing we could lend one another, it wasn’t symbiotec, it was just ... there” he replied. At the thought of familiars, something … peculiar, walked its way over to the two at the bench. It was a … treasure chest? I mimic of sorts. “Well nice to meet you” Macradon said with a smile towards the small chest. He would lift his hand and slowly reach towards the chest, trying to test the waters.

@Kairi

Kairi had a little bit of concern when he had say that she could say so then he had said that him and his familiar Balthazar had parted ways, Kairi had looked with a bit of a upset look and she had said out to him "I'm so sorry it had ended that way Macradon, I would hope that wherever he is, I am sure that he is still alright." she had grew a comforting smile on her face. Eventually she had looked back to Karona that had scuttled to the two, after a moment Karona had positioned itself upward to Macradon and the top part of the chest shell had opened and a tongue had shot out as it had began to pant like a dog. Kairi had then looked to Macradon and said to him "You can pet him, he can't see. However its alright, since he is panting it means he trusts you a little bit. The way he follows me or is able to find me is through scent. His nose is the key hole." she had giggled. She had liked her familiar even though it can lack some emotion and it cant truly see her.

@Macradon

Macradon smiled at Kairi’s notion “Aye, I believe he’s alright, and I might still be able to track him, would the day come where I’d needed him” he said. Macradon smiled and continued his reaching, finally making contact with the woode(?) shell of the living treasure chest. He would giggle lightly after retracting his hand again, sitting back up strong. “I do however have a new familiar … but his attitude isn’t really fit this kind of event, you could say he has this burning anger” Macradon said, trying not to laugh from his own joke that no one would ever understand before they actually met his familiar. “It’s quite funny, all the different kinds of familiar one is capable of finding in this world. One would think that only ‘proper’  familiar like the hound, bird of prey, other predators, would be better fit for familiars, but nay, here comes the living treasure chest people refer to as a mimic” he said with a smile. This world was strange, but it surely had it charms.

@Kairi

Tsu was getting slightly nervous that so many people were coming near her, not being used to this sort of thing, but she was able to manage herself and keep calm when another player walked up and joined the group. "Wow, you all seem to know each other well, ribbit. I haven't been to one of these kinds of parties before, so I thought my kimono would be appropriate. You look great in yours too, ribbit.Tsu said to Kimi, noticing how each of them seemed to be good friends with each other. The other player introduced himself and Tsu shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too, just call me Tsu, ribbit.Tsu introduced herself, looking around the ball as more players entered.

Out of the corner of her eye, Tsu spotted Pinball and debated waving to him. "Well, it was nice meeting you all, ribbit. I'll go say hi to my friend Pin, he's a bit shy, so I don't want to overwhelm him." Tsu said before turning around and walking over to the boy with the kitsune mask. He was acting more confident it looked like, a good sign in a party like this. "Hi Pin, how is it going? I didn't think you were going to come, ribbit.Tsu asked, waving to him as she walked up to him, sticking her tongue back out.

Kairi had smiled hearing that he would still be able to track him if he ever needed him "That's good at least!" Kairi had said with a positive attitude and a smile, then Macradon had came in contact with his wood like shell, as he had gave him a little pet. Then he had said that he gotten a new familiar, however his attitude wouldn't really fit this sort of event with a bit of a anger problem. Kairi had blinked a few times wondering what in the world his new familiar would be so upset about or why he's so aggressive, however she had shook her head, it doesn't really matter at this given moment.Then he had said how it was quite funny that there are different kinds of familiars you could find, and just poked fun at her having a Mimic familiar. Kairi had brought a hand to her mouth for a brief moment before she had placed it back onto her lap as she had said out to him "Well, I will admit that it is out of the ordinary, however after beating him in combat he just kind of spoke out to me so I attempted to tame and save his life, and I was successful." she had said with a smile

@Macradon