[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

I look over to the group as i watch Tsu walk off as i give her a kind wave as she leaves before turning back to the guild partners with a smile. Hey Jomei how have you been doing? I ask kindly and cheerfully to the man as i then look behind him, and doesn't see anybody their as i then look up into his eyes. Where is that Telrenya girl you're dating? I thought she would be with you to an event like this? I ask in a confused tone of voice. Really hoping she wasn't busy since this would be my actual first meeting with the girl, and i really want to meet this girl just for the fact of wanting to meet all of the guild members. I then pause at that and remembers their is still that Jevi girl also i need to meet at some point. 'Another day issue hestia, another day.' I think to myself as i smile at Kimi. Oh nonsense you look just as amazing Kimi don't doubt that for a second. I say kindly as i grab her hands with a smile.

@Spencer@Kimi@Jomei

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Macradon listened the short story of how the two met and smile. “What a coincidence, that’s just about how I met with Belphegor” he said, referring  to his familiar he had named after the demon prince of inventions and discoveries, not because Macradon was given an invention or discovered anything revolutionary with Belphegor, he just chose it because he thought the name of the demon prince was worthy of the hound. Thinking a bit about it Macradon would realize that he hadn’t told Kairi who Belphegor was “Oh yeah, Belphegor is my new familiar … that makes him the third I’ve had now …” he thought “Third time must be the charm, am I right?” he said with a confident smirk, it was a rule he had followed a lot through his time on the flying castle of Aincrad, it always seemed like if something went horribly wrong, his third attempt would always net him a victory. Macradon would reach back down to his glass and take a last sip of it and look over at Kairi. "I think I'll get another one, do you want me to get anything for you?" he asked with a smile as he stood up.

@Kairi

Turning back to the center of the room, Telrenya would wait a few minutes before locking up and heading to the festivities after her date. After taking a step, her eyes were caught by something out of place. Atop the bed rested a bouquet of flowers that Telrenya could have sworn weren't there earlier that morning. Her chocolate-brown eyes widened while they practically began to sparkle, and she carried herself to the edge of the bed where she took the arrangement of orchids carefully in her hands. "Oh, Nick..." She breathed out after reading the note he had left with the bouquet, her expression softening while her heart fluttered in her chest. The girl admired the sight and scent of the flowers for a long moment before she dismissed them into her inventory with a couple of taps. She would be sure to find a good place to display the arrangement in their home later tonight. For now, she wanted to keep them with her.

Walking through the streets of Taft and making her way to the location of the Valentine's event, Telrenya still had a plan. But why was she so nervous about it? Along the busy streets of the modernistic city, she repeated a few words over in her head, as if practicing the approach she would take once she'd found her lover at the ball.

It had truly been a while since she had attended an event with so many people. They were less disguised than those she saw at the Halloween party, but dressed up for the occasion nonetheless. Telrenya slipped into the crowd moments after making it through the large entryway and into the massive ballroom, the eyes behind her mask scanning the players for a single, familiar figure. At last, they fell upon the tall frame of a man with orange hair. She stopped, watching for a few seconds so as to be sure until he had turned just enough for her to view the man's profile and catch a glimpse of his familiar long fringe. Without a doubt left in her mind, an anxious smile crept over Telrenya's lips. She walked over towards him, forcing a pace that was slower than her quickened heartbeat, and stopped herself once she was behind the Irishman. The woman's hands hovered in front of her torso, fingertips lightly pressing against each other. She took in a deep breath, and then faltered. Pursing her lips, she forced a half-step forward and leaned her body slightly to one side. "Excuse me," She started, tensing a bit when she realized she was now committed to following through with her plan. "I'm sorry, have we met before? I could have sworn I've seen you in my dreams." Her line was delivered, much more smoothly than she could have imagined, but her mind was busy as she waited for Jomei's reaction.

@Jomei

Hei had been right with his prediction of Fae's reaction. She had been super happy and excited once he had told her, that he would take her to the masquerade ball, but instead of letting him craft a new dress for her, she went through her items and changed into her favourite dress, the one she had worn at the christmas parts, asking him if it was ok. "Of course this is ok, it's a really nice dress and if you like it, I'd be happy to take you to the ball in it." Afterwards she had shown him a drawing of a mask she wanted and as soon as he had gone to craft his cloth, he had also crafted the mask for her.

After that, the two of them left the house and made their way towards the teleportation gate, he wearing his purple suit, but without a mask, as he still had to buy one and Fae in her cute dress with the mask he had just made for her.  "You know, I believe it will be even better than super duper fun. " he had told her when she had thanked him. Walking through the first floors town, Hei saw a small artisan shop that had some masks and after browsing through it's inventory he found a mask for himself. After buying it, he put on the half mask that covered the right side of his face. Now looking "mysterious" he turned to Fae and asked her  "Hey my little princess, how would you like taking a carriage to the ballroom, so you can appear like the princess you are?" @Fae

More people were arriving, and they were beginning to start some conversations. Krysta felt alone, even though there were several players in the room. She knew that she would have to be patient, he should be coming any minute now. As she watched the players come in, she eventually was approached by someone very familiar. He asked her if she was the one who wrote the note. "Ah, I knew he looked familiar! ...And rather dashing, too..." The only thing was, he didn't seem to recognize her. Must have been the mask, like with her point of view on the encounter. She smiled and said, "Yes, Vigilon, I was the one who wrote it..." She lifted the mask off for a few seconds, putting it back on after a few seconds or following a possible reaction. It took some courage to do that, but then again, she assumed he would recognize her.

@Vigilon

The girl smiled, said she was the one who wrote the note. "So she is my secret admirer..." The girl then...lifted her mask? Vigilon never knew such a thing was possible in a masquerade ball, but there you go. The girl turned out to be... "Wait, hang on!"   "...Krysta???" Krysta put her mask back on. Vigilon's thoughts were going like crazy. "Allow me to get this straight, the girl I have a crush on has a crush on me? I've gotta be dreaming or something!" His first instinct was to discreetly pinch himself. He felt a tingle in his arm. "Close enough. Now since she likes you, confess your feelings! Wait, why would I do this? I might still be dreaming! Or am I hearing and/or seeing things? Stop it, you gotta do it! CONFESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!" He gathered what little courage he had, then he spoke. "I'll be honest, I didn't see that coming. I guess I have something to say as well... I.... I like you, too. I mean, I-I've got a crush on you, too." He got his words out, now he could only hope for the best...

@Krysta

Kairi had giggled hearing that coincidentally Macradon had met with his new familiar "Belphegor" the same way, Kairi with a smile had said to him "Well, I guess we had found something that we have in common." she giggled once more. Then he went to explain on about it and he had mentioned that this would be the third familiar he would have now, Kairi had looked a little upset hearing that it took him two attempts before getting this familiar he had now. However she had smiled and looked at Macradon and said to him "Well, lets just hope that the third time is the charm, gotta stay positive I suppose." she had giggled. However after she had finished Macradon had asked her if she had wanted something back for her since he was getting up to get a drink, Kairi had smiled and said "Awe, thank you, I would love a drink right about now." she had giggled before smiling sweetly at Macradon, she didn't mind hanging out with him today, in fact if he had asked her to dance, she would more than likely say yes.

@Macradon

"Sounds good to me, Lioness, and nice to meet you too. I love your dress, everyone looks so good here." He muttered and turned in a circle, looking at everyone. He started to feel slightly self-conscious, because these was a chance he looked under dressed and not the best. He forced those feelings down and smiled at Jomei as he walked up. "Hey Jomei, you look really good! Where's Telrenya? Thought you two would be going together?" He said and turned to see her creeping up on him, or what looked to be her. He kept his mouth shut and looked around, seeing someone he thought he recognized. "Hestia, why do I recognize him, was that the guy we adventured with when I first met you, Vigilon right?" He asked Hestia and looked at him. When Froppy mentioned Pinball, he smiled and nodded. "Oh yeah I've actually met Pinball once a while ago. Man it has been a while." He said and broke off from the group, turning to see Jevi, Ruby, and another girl. "Gonna go say hi to Jevi, see you three." He smiled and walked over, waving to Ruby and Jevi. "Hey you two! Man you guys... wooooow." He said and smiled, looking at the two of them. "Oh sorry, I'm Spencer, I'm in a guild with these two." He said to the woman standing next to the couple.

@Minako @Hestia @Jevi @Ruby

The ginger let out a small chuckle as Kimi leapt forward, wrapping her arms around Jomei in greeting. "Haha of course I made it, I don't like to miss these events.. getting to see everyone without having to worry about fighting some boss or doing a quest. It's really a nice break from everything going on." Jomei turned from his group of friends to the other dark haired player in attendance, introducing himself and shaking her hand. "Well Tsu, its a pleasure to meet you." After the very short introduction, Tsu excused herself to meet another of her friends that had just arrived. Jomei could not help but smile that his three friends and guild mates had kept the young girl company while she awaited her companion to arrive. 

Jomei turned back to Hestia and Spencer when each greeted the man, "I'm doing alright, just enjoying my time off. Been taking a week from questing and all that just to recuperate and spend time with Tel." The two seemed to look past Jomei, as if looking for someone, before finally asking where Telrenya was. The ginger chuckled, crossing his arms about his chest, "She said she needed to grab something from her shop on the Third Floor, and said she would meet me here. Most likely forgot her mask or some piece of jewelry she made to go with her dress." he ended with a laugh before taking another sip of his drink.

A couple of short moments had passed, and Jomei heard a shy voice calling his attention just behind him. Turning his chin to look over his shoulder, the tone that the girl spoke in had changed, a bit more playful, alluring even. Though the line itself was a bit cliche, the delivery was one that caused Jomei's cheeks to burn red. "W-what?" Turning his shoulder's to see just who was trying to flirt with him, he immediately recognized the blonde curls that poured over her exposed shoulders, despite half of her face being hidden behind an elegant looking purple mask. Olive eyes behind his own half mask traveled down to look at the rest of the dress she was wearing. His contorted, nervous mouth softened, yet his mouth still hung open for a moment before the corners of his lips curled upwards, "E-Estelle.." he said softly before closing the distance between the two, "You look.. absolutely beautiful." 

I look between the people and sees that Jomei seems to be talking with some girl of which i can only assume is Telrenya. With this i just smile and quickly gives Jomei a small pat on the back. Have fun you two, but not to much fun okay i don't see a rings on any of those fingers. I say teasingly to the couple before quickly grabbing Kimi's hand and following Spencer over towards the other people looking at the girls recognizing only one. We should probably leave Jomei, and Tel to themselves to be all cute and romantic. I say softly to kimi so Jomei or Telrenya wouldn't hear. After that i then turn to the group that Spencer had went to. Oh hey Ruby, and hello to you two. I say kindly with a wave towards Minako, and jevi. Hey my name is Hestia i'm in the same guild as Spencer. I say kindly with a smile as i look at the group. So then what is your two's name? I ask curiously as i point towards both Jevi, and Minako wondering who they are. Hoping that at least one of them is Jevi so i can officially say that i have met all of the guild.

@Kimi@Spencer@Minako@Jevi@Ruby

Kimi followed Hestia hand in hand towards another group of familiar stature. Kimi couldn't agree more with letting Jomei be with his significant other. Something about being in a relationship or having one of the sort with someone else was always appeasing to the eye, especially since its their guild mom and dad. Before leaving Kimi said towards Jomei, "You two play safe now." Kimi did a small bow towards Ruby and Jevi, but this was her first time seeing the other petite girl by their side. "Nice to meet you, my name is Kimi." She said towards the girl who was with them. Kimi extended her hand for a handshake trying to be somewhat formal. "I'm also part of the guild family." Kimi said with a warm smile. "So how are you guys finding this masquerade ball? Its a first for me and also a first for being in a event here." Kimi siad honestly. 

@Minako@Spencer@Jevi@Ruby@Hestia

Kasier sniffed the taste of blooming flowers resting outside the windows of her shop. It was an excellent day, and she had received news of a Valentine's event going on in a floor that she was quite unfamiliar with. It did not matter though, as she would not be alone as she made her way up there. In fact, all she had to do was get to the third floor where the love of her life resides to give him her hand, and just like that, she would land on the eleventh floor. Kasier poked her head out of the window, allowing her hair to fall out as if she was Rapunzel, waiting for the prince to climb up to her. Althought that was not the best analogy, considering that she was one floor up and her hair was not even close to being that long. Still, a girl can imagine, and her imagination was what brought her to the purchase that she had made for this special occasion. She needed a new dress - not the light blue one that she always wore in front of Itzal... But something far prettier, and something that she hoped won't attract any attention - positive or negative. It was already a known fact that Kasier hated crowded places, but for this one time, she would make an exception. 

And thus, she found herself staring at Itzal's face. To her, it hadn't felt that long since she last saw him, but every time she sees that brilliant, cute yet brave face of his, her heart skips a beat and carries on after she composes herself, and every time that she listened to Itzal's composition, it was a joy within her ears, and the world seemed to dance from the song of love. It was a love story, really. But love stories end in two different ways, and hopefully this love story never ends. A few minutes later, and they were at the entrance of the party. Kasier smiled, her hair combed nice and straight for the occasion as she glanced around. The party had long started, and the two were actually quite late.... which was good because Kasier could sneak in somewhat unnoticed. "Oh wait, we have to put a mask on." Kasier reminded herself, opening her inventory and covering her pale face with it before grabbing onto Itzal's right arm. Kasier had made sure not to buy high heels in order to not appear taller than Itzal. At the moment, it seemed that the two were the same height. "I suppose we should go in now." Kasier suggested.

@Itzal

Minako didn't want to be a bother to jevi and her friend when she arrived. Maybe they both were looking for cute boys to hang out with, yeah that had to be it. Minako pounded a fist into an open palm, now more determined than ever to find a man to make friends with. She scanned the area and noticed an unusual amount of wallflowers. They were no fun. What was the point of dressing up for a party, then showing up to said party, and not looking forward to partying? Minako let out a 'humpf' as she scanned the ball goers for at least one solitary male who could smile. And there, she spotted one. "Cuteish boy, twelve O'clock." Minako said to herself stepping towards the tall figure. He wore a black mask, that resembled the shape of a half moon, or a yin-yang symbol. His vertical stripes only accentuated his height even further. "Hey there!" Minako said, holding up a hand for him. "I'm Minako. You here by yourself?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

@Lee

Vigilon's response was practically to be expected. "Yes, it's me. I'm your secret admirer." Vigilon seemed to think for a minute, then...he confessed his feelings for her? "Well, would you look at that. A mutual crush. I guess this might be far easier than expected... My, my, of all that could have been said, I never could have guessed that he had a crush on me, too." She had to think of what to say next. "I...honestly never expected that you'd ever had a crush on me...I..." She was blushing as she was getting her words together. "I'm just...I'm so glad you told me..." She hugged Vigilon. She had hugged members of her family back in the real world before, but this was different. This came from all these feelings welling up within her, all towards the guy she had a crush on, and from what she was told, could be brought into something deeper. This...was newfound love.

@Vigilon

Still in their manor on floor three, Piera took a steadying breath as she smoothed down the fluid material of her dress, turning slightly as she took in the sight of herself in the full length mirror that she was standing in front of. She'd spent time perusing the wares of various tailors before deciding on one in particular. She hadn't bothered with custom made clothes much ever since Lowenthal's passing. He usually made everything the guild needed, light armor or otherwise. She still had many of his collections. But she wanted something new, different and special for tonight. The black material had a faint sheen of blue to it, which she was fairly confident wouldn't clash with Lee's red suit, but compliment and make it stand out and shine all the more. Black and red and blue and gold....yes that fit in her head nicely. Hopefully it would in person.

Even with the golden flowered mask, the alchemist had the utmost confidence that her love would be able to recognize her. Choosing a new hairstyle for her avatar was easy enough as long as it didn't change the length or color and she had bought a makeup pack when she had gone shopping for her dress, shoes, earrings and mask. Physically (at least avatar deep) she was ready....mentally/emotionally however....

Taking another deep breath, it was exhaled in the form of a soft chuckle as her familiar bumped his head against her leg in search of attention. Picking up the cat sized barn owl griffon, the brunette was glad that familiars couldn't shed...or at least Jareth didn't. "You be a good boy while we're gone, okay? We'll be back later tonight." Hugging him as a source of comfort for just a moment, Piera set him down before turning back to the mirror and meeting her own jade colored eyes with confidence. She looked almost nothing like herself. And it was rather empowering to be honest. For once, she looked sleek, chic, sexy and maybe even a little dangerous. Puckering her lips, the woman blew a kiss at the mirror with a wink, smiling wickedly before turning heel and making her way out of her home.

The alchemist saw many other masked players as she made her way through Taft to the large hall where the festivities were being held. There were a few stalls for food and games spread outside, couples already acting adorably towards each other. But Lee had said that they'd meet inside. Slipping between various other players, her heels clacked on the hard floor, green eyes scanning the crowd until she was suddenly approached by a cheery androgynous NPC. "Would you like to enter the couple's contest?"

Blinking in vague surprise, Piera froze for a moment before replying awkwardly, "Er, um, maybe?"
Before she could say more the bubbly person encouraged, "It's a contest to see who is this year's best couple! Won by popular vote I'm afraid, but I'm sure you and your significant are the best anyway!"
Chuckling a little at his niceness, the brunette nodded, "Alright then, that sounds fun." 
Clapping their hands, the NPC declared, "Great! I'll just need you and your partner to be present and both declare that you'd like to enter."

"Ah, makes sense. I just need to find him real quick..." The older woman resumed her search for Lee before her gaze settled on the back of a man with not only red suit jacket but also red suit pants. But just as she started to walk towards him, Piera caught sight of another woman or perhaps just a girl approach him in a friendly manner. It was rather cute to be honest. And it was nice to see him getting approached and appreciated by others and not just herself. But no feelings of protectiveness or jealousy cropped up just yet. Perhaps it would be best for her to approach though, lest the girl get her hopes up in nabbing a date. Finally walking up behind the black masked man, the brunette casually stood to his left with a smile, not interrupting but simply waiting to be noticed.
@Minako  @Lee

Spoiler

5a7d55a982e09_ValentinePiera2render.thumb.png.af71942e1c1978586b2e2a71d5c86f91.png

Smiling at the girl, Macradon would nod his head slightly at her and commence to walk towards the table with drinks. He would let down his empty glass on the table and take two drink up and  turn back to the bench he was sitting on before. Walking with the two glasses, Macradon would notice the abundance of people here, it was so lively, so blissful. He couldn't help than smile all the way back to the bench. As he walked around, he would remember a song he used to listen to a lot, it was beautiful and fit the atmosphere, it was called Una Mattina, a heavy and emotional piece of piano music that just made him feel more responsible than he actually was, he felt that the future of Aincrad and the possible new generation of frontliners somewhat depends on the Scarlet Templar, it may actually be so, but it wasn’t. Macradon would arrive at the bench and hand over the drink to Kairi “Here you go” he said with a smile and would then sit down besides her and take a sip of the drink. “It’s nice seeing everyone here happy, no drama,  no problems, it’s so calm” he said to Kairi without looking at her, but rather looking at the crowd of people that had arrived.

@Kairi

Itzal gulped before he nodded in agreement with Jenna.  He always felt embarrassed and nervous when doing these sort of events.  It wasn't that he was embarrassed to be seen with Jenna, or that he was embarrassed to go with her.  It was just the idea of a ball, or valentines in general that sparked his nervousness...  As well as the idea of a great many others watching.  However Kasier wrapped her arm around his and although she seemed as nervous as he was with her pale face, she gave him the confidence he needed to push forward.  "Right.  Lets go then."  With her at his side he stepped into the ballroom.  He could tell there were already a lot of people, and it was clear people started mingling as well.  There was a group of players chatting, and several couples scattered throughout the place as well.  He could even see multiple single players too.  There was of course a place for food, the dance section of the ballroom, but for the most part it looked like everyone was just talking.  Itzal sighed.  He never really got these parties.  All they ever did was talk, and they could do that anywhere at anytime.  Itzal felt like there should be games, activities, but there wasn't anything he could really do about that.  He turned to Jenna.  "Um.  Do you want to join in their conversation or...  What?  I think it's a little early to dance as we just got here."  He was out of his league here, he always felt nervous and awkward at these type of events.

@Kasier

From the side of the hall, Eatos watched beneight her mask. In part, she wasn't entirely surprised no one had even tried to approach her. She was wearing a suit, so possible people might mistake her for a guy with long hair. Also didn't help she was simply standing off to the side, so people probably would just ignore her. But, it didn't bother her too badly. While partof her was curious if she could find a partner, she doubted she was able to fall in love. Her heartbeat often remained a constant, even around boys, so was it love? 

Her amber eyes watched the arrival of Pinball, the guild member she'd come to keep an eye on. He wasn't all that socially, so just being here to ensure she could step in was half of her purpose for being at this event. The girl in the frog mask walked up to him, although Eatos didn't know her name. 

'So that's his date? I find it surprising he can talk to a girl he's interested in. Still, as long as he doesn't make a complete mess of this. I can just stand back here and watch' she said to herself as she moved her eyes around the hall. The masks made it a lot harder to identity anyone she knew. She didn't recognize Saphire, another member of her guild entering, due to the mask. Still, with a gaze set to ensure Pin didn't commit social suicide, the girl sat down in one of the chairs and let out a deep breath. Far from what she'd wanted to do this evening, that's for sure. The whole valentines event, in her opinion, had always been a waste of time for her. What's the point of this day, if you couldn't tell if you loved someone or not?

At Ruby’s compliment on her dress, Jevi could not help but shine a small, bashful smile. “You think so? Thanks.. I normally hate wearing dresses but.. Figured I’d dress up for the event.” she added a small giggle. Jevi looked between Minako and Ruby as the pinkette introduced herself, “Oh, this in Minako. I’ve been helping her out with some of the beginner quests. Minako this is-“by the time Jevi’s head turned back to the shorter brunette to introduce Ruby to her, she had ran off to find a boy to talk to. Jevi watched as the girl ran off before chuckling to herself, “No stopping that one.”

Her attention then turned to a tall, sandy haired man as he approached the two. Jevi did not recognize the man at first, but the way he dressed and carried himself caused the girl’s cheeks to turn a bright pink. Once he greeted the two, she immediately realized that it was Spencer, and her blush only deepened, “S-Spencer! Hey. Thanks, you look amazing as well.” The girl stammered over her words. Following behind Spencer was another two girls, one she recognized as Kimi, the other, taller woman Jevi did not recognize, but introduced herself as Hestia, and another member of HAD at that. “It’s nice to meet you Hestia, I’m Jevi, and this here is Ruby. So it looks like the whole guild is here.” She said with a smile, before turning to Kimi,And it’s good to see you again too Kimi. Maybe this won’t be so bad after all.”

@Hestia@Kimi@Ruby@Spencer

Fae smiled and did a quick curtsie when Hei said that she looked good in her dress. She decided to try and pretend to be a princess for today, and carry herself in a more pompous manner. "Thanks mister Hei, you look good in your outfit too! Fae likes fancy mask parties, you can blend in with anyone else with your mask easily." Fae said, trying to stand up straight. Everyone who knew her would recognize Fae as soon as she arrived, just because of her height. But this was about having fun, maybe she could sit on Hei's shoulders and be in sight of everyone. Hei then brought up the idea of the two of them arriving in a carriage to the ball for them to seem like royalty. Fae nodded eagerly at the idea of a carriage and hopped up and down excitedly. "Yes! That would be lovely! Everyone would see Fae as the fair princess of Aincrad." Fae answered, before doing another curtsie and laughing.