[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

With his mask on his face and Fae being excited about the party, complimenting him for his outfit, he was ready to go. On their way to the teleportation platform he had asked Fae if she would like to get to the party by carriage and she had been even more excited about this. So now it was on him to find a good carriage for them to take and announce the small princess. - I bet Fae would love an open carriage, so she could wave the people that are probably making their way to the party by foot, also It would be way more easy to make people notice her. But how should I announce her, once we are there, maybe if I could... Yeah, that's a good plan. - Hei was ready to make it to the party, and so he and the little one made their way to the eleventh floor, where Hei had to disappear for a moment, looking for a carriage, but also sending a message to a player he had met once, who lived on this floor. If everything would work how he hoped, he would get a ceremonial cane, he could use to knock before announcing Fae. He had to walk a little before he found the carriage he was looking for and rented it for the evening. The carriage was drawn by two big horses and looked like it was made from gold and black wood, with comfy cushions within. 

The carriage arrived at the event place and many players and NPCs alike turned their heads to see who was arriving. Once the carriage was brought to a halt, Hei jumped of and walked over to Titus, who had brought the cane he had asked for, then he had returned to the carriage, offering Fae his hand to help her down. Walking towards the ballroom with her, he opened the doors and knocked on the ground three times, so all eyes would turn to them. He was a little nervous about what was to come, but he had promised Fae that he would do it, so he had to. "Miss Fae, the princess of the new Dawn" he announced in a calm tone, but loud enough that everyone in the room would be able to hear.

@Jomei@Macradon@Kairi@Pinball@Froppy@Eatos@Minako@Hestia@Saphira@Kimi@Benjamin Bookworm@Jevi@Ruby@Lee@Shield@Spencer@Vigilon@Krysta

Edited by Hei
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"This is so wrong." Ell told himself as he equipped his suit and tie on and off repeatedly. He had been doing that, thinking about whether he had to attend the ball or not, for the past five minutes. 

I might just stick out. Sure, alot of people I know are attending the ball but I surely am not friends with anybody, yet, or ever. I didn't even bring a date, but I'm not attending the contest so... Ell thought as he unequipped his suit and tie.

He started to walk away, but then he quickly removed his glasses and equipped his suit and tie back along with his black mask lined with golden linen at its rim. "But free luxurious food might be inside, so might as well take the advantage." Ell said as he walked his way inside the building.

"Don't stick out, don't stick out, just find food, eat, and waltz away to the exit as if nothing happened because nobody knows who you are." He muttered to himself as he desperately looked for food when he suddenly bumped shoulder with a stranger.

"What a drag, sor-" He turned around to say sorry but stopped when he recognised the scarf that the person wore.

"Hey you're that scarf guy... Uhhh... Ban right?" 

@Benjamin Bookworm

Ben juggled the couple of pieces of cake he had been picking up, almost dropping them in the process of being bumped.  Oh, it's actually Ben, it's... oh Ell, hey there. Ben said with his face brightening up a bit.  He was feeling a bit crowded by all the other groups here, but now he had found someone he knew.  Glad to see a friendly face around here.  I've kinda felt out of place with everyone dressed to the nines, and bringing dates and such.  Mostly I've been finding out you can't put more than one slice of the cake into your inventory for later, which is a drag. But, uh, how about you- did you come here to watch as well?  It's pretty nice, and I'm hoping to talk to some of the big guilds around here.  I figure someone out there needs an alchemist. 

Though I could have done without the fancy getup we have to wear in here.  I've had to deal with enough fancy parties in the real world- I got this game to avoid them and just have fun adventures.  But at least everyone else is having fun- how about you?

@H3LL0

I smile at the group enjoying the pleasant talk with them just relaxing and trying to have a good time, until a rather loud voice breaks through the sea of voices as i turn my head rather curiously to see a small girl with pink hair, and a larger male enter the ballroom now. I chuckle a bit hearing the announcement from what i can assume is one of Fae's guildmates. 'Well at least she is doing good for herself then. It has been awhile since i've talked to her though, but i think i'll just play the observer for now it is a long night afterall. Plenty of time to eventually find her again within this place even easier since there is no one else who is that short, and has pink hair.' I think to myself in amusement before i turn back to my group's conversation trying to play catch up with what i have missed from being lost in thought.

"I wonder why I haven't been going to these Valentine's events." Steel said as he walked over to the castle where it was being held. He was currently wearing a black suit and tie as well as a Japanese styled fox mask. He wanted to have some sort of Japanese aesthetic and he couldn't find a yukata so he settled for this mask though he felt ridiculous in it. He remembered reading that samurai wore masks to instill fear into their foes but this just felt kinda silly. Especially since there was a kinda mismatch between the mask and the suit. "It's not like anybody remembers me so the mask wouldn't really have much of a purpose." Yeah, it was a masquerade ball but he had nothing to really masquerade.

Eventually, he was walking through the castle which was almost hard on the eyes with all the pink. I get that they're trying to go with the theme but I think this is really overdoing it... Steel couldn't help but think to himself. It wasn't long before he had reached where most of the crowd was. Everyone seemed to already form groups, find their friends and some seemed to be forming couples. As expected of the day for normies. Steel couldn't recognize anyone save for that Benjamin fellow he just met recently and that made him feel isolated. He knew this would happen as he had lost track of all of those he knew and he felt almost alone in the world. It was difficult to make friends in the first place, having neither the social skills nor the charisma to do so. Little did he know that he would make a rather big splash regardless of his lack of either.

"Ah, you're finally here! Just on time, the performance is about to start!" A voice called out to him, catching him off guard and leaving Steel confused. He didn't recognize that voice yet he was being dragged off to the side. "You remember the song you're supposed to sing right? Well, just get up there and wait for the music to start. 

Wait, what's going on!?! Steel couldn't help but scream in his mind as he was shoved onto a stage. Thankfully, he managed to keep his head cool and didn't say anything lest ruin the party by causing a scene. Well, at least I can sing. Please let it be a song I know. He thought this to himself in desperation. If it was, he'd be able to play it off. If not, he'd just look like a fool in front of everybody. Thankfully, the stage was still dark and people didn't notice him yet. It seemed that he looked nervous so the stranger from earlier came back and whispered in his ear, reminding him of the song which was one he thankfully knew before going off to start the song...however that worked in this virtual world. On his signal, Steel started singing as the lights around the room started fading a little and the stage was being lit up and he let his instincts as a performer take over as he sung a catchy song suited for a good dance.

Spoiler

After he had sung that song as well as another two, Steel bowed and got of the stage as quickly as he could out of embarrassment as his switch turned back off. Awaiting him was the stranger from earlier along with a guy wearing his own fox mask. "So yeah...looks like there was a misunderstanding and I got you two mixed up." The stranger said with a sheepish smile. "Either way that was great! I'm glad you went along with it!"

"No problem.." Steel said feeling a little tired. Afterwards, he decided to just walk around the area and see what was up. Who knows, maybe that could have gotten him a date or at least a dance.

Spoiler

Yu.thumb.jpg.251f87764b37029fa7562e317c72f53a.jpg

Steel's appearance though he's not wearing glasses

tumblr_oqpg8nHvTJ1ql7fawo1_1280.thumb.jpg.35da4099b2a44ec8e0e15753921a3eaf.jpg

His Mask

((OOC: Well, I was told to start with a bang so here's that bang I hope XD))

"F-find myself a girl?" Pinball blushed behind his mask despite himself. His head snapped over to Saphira, who asked the same thing. "N-no! We're not a thing," he stuttered, Mr. Confidence having died, apparently. Tsu pulled out the chocolates, offering them to Pinball and asking if he'd enter the competition with her. He panicked, pushing the chocolates back to her a bit more forcefully than he had meant to. "N-no, dude, I couldn't take these, y-you bought them," he laughed nervously, then froze. Hei's voice, but he was announcing something. He turned his head, to see Fae with Hei, and his heart dropped. His blush faded, and his fists tightened. Should he tell them? They didn't know, and he wasn't sure how they would react. "Pardon me," he murmured abruptly, pushing gently past the group, heading for the door. He needed to think things over before acting. He didn't want to ruin a party or cause too much of a scene, and this might not be the best time. "I'll be right back!" He proclaimed, walking backwards, feigned happiness mixed in with the same forced confidence. 

@Froppy @Eatos @Saphira @Fae

Tsu started to get nervous as well when Pin started to panic. He shoved the chocolates back to her forcefully and then he ran off and to the door. His confidence disappeared but Tsu couldn't even come close to finding it funny. She turned to Eatos and Saphira and sighed. "Did you two really need to talk about if we were a couple, ribbit? If you're in his guild, you should know better than I do that he's sensitive about these kinds of things I'll go try to talk to him, rrrrribbit.Tsu said, a bit of a serious tone in her voice before walking to the door.

As Tsu walked over to the door, she heard Fae had arrived with a big entrance, and that some guy had sang a song that didn't really fit with the theme of the party. At least he had the courage to go up there and sing. Tsu caught up to Pin and grabbed his arm, looking at him with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry about all of this Pin. We're just friends, okay? I don't want this to be ruined because people think we're a couple. C'mon, let's go back with your confident self. If anyone asks, we're just friends." Tsu apologized, letting go of his arm and giving him a quick pat on the back. It was hard to have Pinball be even slightly okay at events like this, but Tsu would try her best to make it work.

@Pinball @Saphira @Eatos

Edited by Froppy

Looking at What I'm wearing along with my mask in the mirror yet again I sigh in defeat. "Why can't this just be a normal event with food.. But that's why your goin, it has food and I might also find who I'm searchin for as well. So I have ta go to it." Saying that as if to psyche myself up I sigh again at my appearance"Well the plus side is that I am completely unrecognizable since I won't have my hat or normal outfit on but why do I have ta wear this... Ah let's just go already!" Finally leaving my friends cafe I make my way over to where the party.. Er... Ball will be based at. Going through a warpgate and after a bit more walking I stop in front of the building. "Welp here you are now, so no turnin back ze.." Sighing to myself I finally walk in and looking around at all the people that I don't recognize either due to the mask's and outfit's or just not meeting them I make my way over to where the food is to relax over there and grab some, as I search through the crowd visually.

Fae was getting a magical feel from riding in the carriage, with Fae feeling like a fairy tale princess while riding in it. It was fun, and Fae enjoyed riding so much just getting to live out a fairy tale experience. "Thank you for all this mister Hei, this is super cool!" Fae thanked, hugging Hei before they got out of the carriage and walked up to the hall. Fae grabbed his hand as they got down and followed Hei inside the hall. As soon as they stepped in, Fae was a bit surprised when Hei got everyone's attention. Fae was even more surprised when Hei announced her presence. Looking at the crowd of people in masks, Fae decided to keep her act as the princess of the new dawn. Fae walked in a graceful manner, and made her way over to Eatos, who she recognized by the blue hair and suit. Fae then noticed Saphira as well and gave her a hug, before giving Eatos a hug as well. "Hi miss Saphira, it's great to see you here! You too mommy, Fae didn't know if you were gonna come!" Fae greeted cheerfully before taking a few steps back and turning to Hei. "Isn't this great mister Hei? Some of the guild is already here. Fae wonders if mister Stryder is gonna come." Fae said, hopping up and down with excitement.

@Hei @Eatos @Saphira

Edited by Fae

"Yes darling! I'm cominnng! Gotta look my best!" Beat called out jovially. He could tell by the tone of Shield's voice that he was dreading the upcoming dance. Beat was surprised at all given what he knew about Shield's feeling on such events, but he had decided to embrace the couple thing in order to have a shot at the prizes that had been advertised. The problem was that Beat was typically pretty awkward around strangers, so he had decided to embrace that and use it to stand out further. 

If it's anything like last time, most people won't be dancing at all, meaning all we have to do is stand out more than the few pairs that decide to compete. 

Beat emerged from the dressing room dressed in a light pink jacket with matching slacks and vest. Underneath that, he wore a white collared dress shirt and light pink tie and to finish iut all off, he wore shiny black dress shoes and a dark pink belt. 

"Okay, I think I have valentines nailed this year." Beat said, tugging on the lines of his suit, getting the feel of the whole thing just right.

Kalu had heard of a Valentine’s Day masquerade ball. A day dedicated to the memory of the Saint Valentine whose true nature was not well-known and very ambiguous. Very fitting to be the saint associated with love.

However, Kalu reasoned that the masquerade ball would probably be the best place to celebrate Valentine’s Day rather than inside of his decrepit shop. However, that meant choosing that Kalu would have to prepare an outfit.

He already decided that his mask would be based off of the old Grecian comedy mask. His clothings, however, would be a much more difficult thing to wear. His usual style of clothing was whatever he had to wear for the occasion, be it the school uniform or the basic clothings he has been unable to replace this whole game. However, a quick visit to an NPC named Fatnadur, got him the attire he sought for. A plain black and white suit with a red tie. Not my style, but the price you have to pay to fit in. Donning the suit and his mask, he set out to the venue.

It didn't take long to reach the ball (the outside was decorated with the usual hearts and lovey-dovey effects). However, what drew his attention was the two people outside of the venue. One wearing a green mask with a butterfly on its side, the other wearing a mask resembling a fox. He didn’t wish to bother them as they appeared to be having a private conversation. However, he felt it necessary to greet himself to everyone he met to seem more cordial than his usual self. As he was opening the door, he was met with the sounds of the festivities occuring within the venue. “Good evening, madam. Monsieur. I hope you’ll join the party soon. My name is Kalu, and I wish you the best of evenings.” He walked in and was hit with the cacophony of sounds. This is going to be a long night.

((For anyone who wonders what I mean by Old Grecian comedy mask, it’s the mask that appears to be constantly laughing which is usually paired with the tragic mask.))

@Froppy @Pinball

((The mention was just because I referenced you two within my post.))

Taking one look at Beat, Shield immediately slapped both palms to his forehead again. Of course Beat was going to ham it up. On the one hand, grabbing attention and making a statement was going to be crucial to having a shot in the contests that were advertised. On the other hand... He lowered his hands to take one last look at Beat before closing his eyes and grinding the heels of his hands into his closed lids.

"I hate this."

With that, he swallowed back his regrets and opened his menu, pulling out a few items. The first was a box that contained the players' custom ordered boutineers. He had not thought of it any when Beat had said to make sure the one Shield wore needed pink accents. He had figured that it was to match the decor. Now it was apparent that it was meant to match Beat's attire; a classic prom move.

The second box contained the item that he had had made for the event. He lifted the lid and pulled out a steel half-mask. At first glance it was of a metallic sculpture of one side of a lion's face. Shield tapped it and selected the option to equip it. It materialized on his face in a brief flash of pale blue light. It covered all but his jaw and the very top of his head on the one side, including the scar that ran from his nose to the corner of his jaw, which he did not mind one bit. The lower edge over his cheek was covered by the lion's jowl, complete with teeth protruding down towards his exposed jawline. The metallic grey mane concealed one side of his own untidy mop. From the beast's forehead, though, a single horn protruded above the brow. If anyone had seen Shield in combat, they would recognize this design. It was the design of his shield, the Manticore Mask.

He gave himself one last glance in the mirror. Though he was not happy abut the dance, he was satisfied with his ensemble. Out of the corner of his eye,  however, he caught sight of Beat in his pale pink monstrosity and what little satisfaction he had found left him immediately.

"This is going to be a nightmare," he sighed, his shoulders slumping as he resigned himself to humiliation. "Well, let's get this over with. Our carriage should be waiting outside for us. I wanted to make sure we made a splash when we arrived, so we gotta pull out all the stops."

Kairi had looked over after she had pointed out that it was her guild over there, before long she had placed a smile on her face as she had looked over to Macradon when he had said she was in good hands she had looked over to the guild and said "Well, truth be told I don't know a lot of them, I really only got to speak to Jomei, Kimi, and Hestia from the guild, and I only got to speak to Jomei for a few, I am unaware if he is a good leader or not." she had confessed to him, she had looked back to Macradon with a smile and said "However I would presume that everything was going to be alright, at least I would hope so." she had looked back forward to the players that were in the room taking drinks of her drink before finishing it before she had knew it, however after a moment she had seen Macradon stand up from his seat and offered a hand towards Kairi asking her if she had wanted to dance, Kairi had looked up to him with a smile before taking his hand "I would love to." she had let out a small giggle.

@Macradon

Macradon smiled as he helped Kairi get up from the bench and slowly drag her onto the dance floor. On the way towards an empty space they could dance at, Macradon would assure her “Don’t worry, I’ve worked with Jomei before, he’s a very capable person, been leading guilds before and he’s pretty good at it” he said to Kairi. Macradon noticed something come from the entrance of the ball hall, but he ignored it as it didn’t seem like anything important, possibly just something minor happening. Standing in an open space on the dance floor, Macradon would put his right hand on Kairi’s hip and use his left hand to grab hers, having it somewhat stretched out, though still comfortably enough that you wouldn’t get tired from it. “I’m not too comfortable dancing, I only know a few dances. Any preferences you have?” he would ask the girl, as if she wasn’t comfortable doing anything specific, Macradon would think of something fitting for the occasion.

@Kairi

Piera glanced up at the hand hovering over her head with an amused yet bewildered expression beneath her mask as Lee noticed she had approached. "Emphasis on 'fashionably' I hope." As he mentioned the flowers on the girl's dress, or yukata rather, the brunette peered at it with interest. "You're right. Mm...what were those called... Peonies?...no...hm."

At the girl's comment about Lee either being taken or gay, a sharp laugh burst from the alchemist before she covered her mouth, her bare shoulders shaking. With an easy going smile revealed as she pulled her hand away, her other arm linking with her fiance's, the older woman stated, "He really, really is. I'm a lucky woman." Grinning, Piera then reached up on the tips of her toes briefly to give him a kiss just below his mask, mostly on his cheek.  Eyebrows raising in faint surprise as the girl asked the couple for help in finding 'a cute boy', Piera glanced at Lee to make sure he was okay with it before nodding with a smile. "Sure, don't see why not. I'm sure there are plenty of singles trying to do the very same. Stick with us hun. Oh! By the way," She held out her hand to shake before stating, "I didn't introduce myself. My name is Piera."

She was about to ask for the girl's name since she had missed it the first time, but then the NPC she had been speaking to earlier approached, "Do you still wish to enter the contest?"
"Oh! That's right, yes, yes I would and here is my partner, Lee. We would both like to enter together." Piera squeezed her fiancee's arm in excitement. "We might have a chance. Maybe."

[ Piera has entered the Best Couple Contest with Lee ]

It was then that she saw a familiar 'face' in the form of unmistakable ginger hair. "Jomei!" The brunette called out with a grin, drawing Lee's attention to their friend. "I'm glad we caught you here. Place is packed. Hmm, and who is this beautiful blonde on your arm there? Are you here by force miss? Blink once if you need help." Piera stared expectantly at the woman she was already fairly sure was Telrenya going by the Irishman's previous description.

Then hearing a knocking sound reverberating through the crowded ballroom over the noise of conversation, the spearwoman's head turned in curiosity before a man formally introduced a very young girl, princess style. Truly it was just like they were at a formal fantasy ball. Which they sort of were. Smiling at the cuteness of it, Piera clapped lightly. It wasn't long after that before apparently there was some sort of performance that was starting, signing and music going on to lighten the mood and get people dancing or at the very least just stop standing awkwardly. Not quite her cup of tea though, so the healer refrained from dancing just yet. She wanted to speak with Jomei's lady love more in any case.

Spoiler

5a7f779e52a11_ValentinePiera2render.thumb.png.0068556e8498db13ed75e63c33c14b0a.png

@Lee, @Minako, @Jomei, @Telrenya

Illiure slid on her feathery vermillion mask and heaved a sigh, the only reason she was here is because of all the commotion that was going on about this oh so special Valentines Day Event. She at first was disgusted by all the people who came to the event in the first place thinking, we’re in a deathgame and you people are going all love dovey in it?! But then she grew satisfied with the happy and casual environment, her feelings of regret slowly fading away. 

Her eyes flickered to the groups of people crowding around together in the large hall. A small feeling of sadness seeped through her heart as she watched them laugh and smile. Wonder if I’ll ever be like that, even when I get out of this death game. She thought bitterly but soon regained to her blank and calm self. She leaned back on a small white pink pillar. Of all the colors to represent Valentines Day, pink. Why pink. She mentally groaned and went back to gazing at the crowd.

"I feel both relieved and pissed off that I got ignored... " Steel said with a groan as he continued to walk through the crowd.  He has just finished performing on that stage but it seems that everyone completely ignored him,  just carrying on as if nothing happened.  "I feel so stupid for getting so worked up about it... " Steel said with a sigh. He was hoping that at least one person heard his performance. That would have made it at least somewhat worth it. Maybe later on, he could find somebody to sing a duet with. If that person had more presence than him, something that would be most probable,  he'd at least have the chance to be noticed. And on a side note,  how did they manage to get that music? Must be those recording crystals I've been hearing about. Steel couldn't help but think to himself. 

At the moment, Steel was now just walking among the crowd, trying to see if he could find a date for the party... which was already in progress. "Man,  this is pitiful.. I'm trying to find a date after the event's started. Well,  I'm sure there's a girl or two that don't have dates either." He kept confident and continued. 

(OOC: somebody please notice Steel lol)

Once they had arrived and Hei had announced Fae, not for it being a necessity but for making her feel even more like a princess, it hadn't been long before Fae had seen a few people from the guild and quite  gracefully walked over to them. Of course he followed the little one to his guildmembers. If he wasn't mistaking the one in the suit was Eatos, who had worn the same suit at the christmasparty. The other one was Saphira, as Hei could see from far away, as he had custom made the dress she was wearing. Once they arrived at their friends, Fae had hugged both of them and greeted them like Hei was used of her. He himself made sure the two had seen him, and with just half his face being covered by the mask, he was sure they had recognized him. "Yes, this is great indeed. So nice to see you two. Have you been here long, or have you just arrived as we have?" he both answered Fae's question and greeted his friends.

Taking a look at all the people that had already been within the room when he had entered, Hei was sure there were a few he might have seem and or met already, but it was really hard to tell with the masks and fancy dresses, especially if one had just met them for a few minutes in the shop, or something like this. He wondered if Pinball was gonna come to the event, even though he was not sure the guy who had problems talking to two or three would be the right guy for a party like this. While he was looking, Hei noticed a rather short guy, who looked like the one who had just performed the song, so he might be some kind of vip in here. It would be cool if he could get this one to sing a song for Fae, even though he hadn't asked her what kind of music she liked, but that was something he could worry about later. "Hey Fae, Saphira and Eatos, I'm gonna go and get some drinks, do you want something?" He waited for their response and left the group to go and talk to the singer.

As he had never met the guy, or maybe had but didn't recognise him, Hei would be careful in the approach, but he still walked over to @Steel and once he made sure the guy saw him greeted him. "Hey there, am i right that you are the singer who just performed? My names Hei and I am here with the little princess" he pointed at Fae "And I wondered if you could sing a song for her sometime later this evening. Maybe something one can dance to?"

@Saphira @Eatos @Fae

As Macradon had guided her to the place where they could dance, she had looked around and saw that it was rather empty, however she had smiled to realize that she would be the center of attention when people would walk in, however he had spoke out about Jomei saying that he's worked before and comforting her saying that he is a very capable person. Kairi had looked at Macradon with a smile and said to him "Well, im glad to hear that he isn't some evil player without me knowing." she had let out a small giggle. Then Macradon had guided her to a spot and placed a hand on her hip while holding her own hand, Kairi had looked at him with a smile and placed a hand on his shoulder then had let out a giggle when he had said he wasn't too comfortable dancing and if she had any preferences, Kairi had shook her head and said "I've been to a fair bit of formal parties like this in the real world, I am fine with any dance you wish that you are comfortable with." she had said to him trying to make it as comfortable for him as possible.

@Macradon

At this point, Illiure started dozing off. Her cyan eyes were constantly blinking to keep her mind awake. Let’s stay awake.. c’mon, don’t wanna feel stupid by falling asleep in here. She shook her head and crossed her arms, her milk chocolate like hair waved in a small motion. At this point she was straining her eyes by not blinking at all and glancing off in random directions of the ballroom. I feel like a complete idiot standing her by myself, why did I even come here? Stupid stupid stupid. She scolded to herself.

At this point almost everyone had someone to talk to in the ballroom except her. Maybe I should just leave.. I don’t think anyone’s going to talk to me at this rate. She gave an emotional sigh but held her hands to her sides. Maybe something will happen if I stay.. A small smile appeared on her face but it soon dissolved. 

[ OOC ~ notice da poor girl ova herrreeee! ]