[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

"There you go." Kimi said in a low voice, "Just like that." She said with a bright smile. Kimi noticed as Hestia felt a bit rigid and stiff once her hands were placed on her hips. Kimi giggled as she said, "Don't worry i'm not going to bite." As she said that she was being a bit silly and did a chomp to the air. Kimi was struck by a little giggle fit as she did that before going back to helping herself as well as Hestia into dancing. "So now..." Kimi gathered her thoughts a bit trying to remember the steps she took with her brother before. "Well the songs a bit slow so lets just go from there." Kimi continued as she began to move, stepping side to side slowly while holding Hestia closer because it felt more appropriate. 

Kimi tried to pace herself to the beat of the song, but she started to notice that it was going slowly to the thump of her heart. Slowly heat started to rise to Kimi's face as she realized what she was doing being so close to Hestia, but that didn't stop her from dancing still. Kimi kept her face low for a moment as she tried to calm herself while still holding on to Hestia's hips.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finishing with her first cookie Marisa continues to look to the crowd for a minute in silence. Finally after a bit Marisa sighs a little. "Man you are somewhat okay at gettin people's moods down ze.." Instead of walking off or doing most other things that can be said or could happen when somebody says that. Marisa just smiles slightly more and chuckles. "Well I'll just take that as a challenge then~" Saying this she places a hand on Illiure's shoulder and gives her a bright smile. "I'm goin ta try and get ya to smile or at least give a slight chuckle before this night is done!" Right after that Marisa holds the cookie that she has not started eating yet in front of her pointing it towards the rest of the food.

"But first things first. Nobody is goin ta be doin much while they are feelin hungry, and even though you may not be feelin like it right now my motto is to just try and enjoy things as much as I can, when I can! So let's go grab some food for you and me~" Finally finished with talking Marisa moves her arm so that it is now over both of Illiure's shoulders (with no respect for physical or mental personal space) as she starts to try and walk/lead them both closer to the food.

@Illiure

Edited by The Black-White Human

I blush also at your words of encouragement of doing like how i am doing now for the dancing as i follow along at your lead moving slowly as i look down at you. I find myself smiling rather happily at this girl as i start to wonder what else she knows how to do beyond just dancing. Well at the very least what she knows beyond slow dancing making me a bit curious how good she is at singing. I grin a bit as a idea forms in my mind as i whisper a bit quietly to Kimi. Hey remember that guy that was singing earlier? Why don't we try to do that? We're both performers, and i'm certain we could do a killer performance together if we just tried. I suggest with a grin on my face wondering what you would say to that. I then remember that Ruby is here in this ballroom as i can only hope the girl wouldn't try to change my dress to fit a performance.

When you bite the air i chuckle a little bit at you doing so as i smile. Well if you won't bite i won't bite either.  I respond back with a smile on my face a bit amused as i happily dance along slowly still as i can feel my heart thumping once more, but is able to remain in control of my blushing for the most part. Not wanting to make it weird between the two of us if i said anything about how i feel. Not even knowing where this has came from at all.

@Kimi

Illiure's eyes went wide at the physical contact but calmed down as Marisa lead her to the tables. "It's not gonna happen," she said dispassionately. It's true, some people have tried, random classmates, teachers, her parents.. "Trust me, people have tried. And failed," she  sighed, while tugging on a loose strand of her milk chocolate colored hair. "Just the way I am, I guess," she shrugged. "I'll stay, for the food that is," she said, eyeing at the plates of pastries and goods plastered on the tables. Her steps were small and fragile but she managed to keep up with the odd girl.

"So you don't know anyone here either, yeah?" she crossed her fingers hoping that she wasn't the only one who didn't know anyone here. It'll be a lot less embarrassing if someone here was like me. She thought hopefully, avoiding eye contact with anyone to escape embarrassment. Social stuff isn't for me, and probably won't ever be. I'll leave that to the oh so special social butterflies. She bit her lip frustration and a small tang of sadness. I don't know what's wrong with me sometimes. She said her in head sadly.

@The Black-White Human

The pace of Kimi and Hestia were linked to more than just the song now, Kimi felt as if she was really just moving to the rhythm of her heart. Kimi couldn't help but blush more as she realized this. With her head still down she knew that it was rude not to look at her partner so she picked her head up once more revealing that she was blushing the whole time. As Kimi was just about to say something Hestia spoke up about singing, "Yeah we could go out and start singing, but that means we can't dance." Kimi said with her face still flushed teasing a bit at Hestia. She went on to pull Hestia a little closer so she hide her face on Hestia's shoulder. "Sorry about that, just wanted to poke a little fun at you. Just give me a moment." Kimi said a bit muffled with her head still buried in her shoulder.

Hearing that Marisa shrugs slightly.  "Eh. Well I can still try can't I? So lighten up reddie!" Saying that more as a statement then a question she pat's Illiure's shoulder lightly with a chuckle and being at the food table now Marisa grabs yet another cookie as she starts to munch on it and the other one at the same time. Course hearing that Illiure will be staying for the food she seems to smile somewhat more and after their question is asked Marisa swallows what's in her mouth before speaking. "Well ta be honest I don't really know if I do or not right now due to all of the masks and different outfit's everyone has on for this event, but then again I also don't know too many people in general. Heck I could barely recognize myself, but I had ta have a mask and party outfit just ta be able to enter the place..." Grumbling the last part to mostly herself she huffs slightly before going back to snacking.

@Illiure

Edited by The Black-White Human

Well we don't need to sing right now we could do so later. I say with a small blush upon my face not minding the dancing at all. Finding it to be a really nice moment. When i see your blushing face though i feel a bit better glad that i'm not the only one embarrassed at the moment. When i feel you pull me a bit closer i do blush a little bit as i then feel your head against my shoulder as i look down at you. 'She is being so adorable right now.' I think to myself with a smile as i relax and just enjoy the moment just slow dancing along with you to this beat that doesn't seem like it even goes with the song anymore. As if everything is moving at its own pace that is against everything that is occurring around me. It's fine Kimi i do prefer someone who is able to poke fun rather then someone who doesn't. It does making things lot more fun when it isn't just a one sided joking conversation. I say in a amused tone of voice trying to make you not feel bad if you are about this situation.

Dazia was alone and she didn't like it. Dazia was here and she didn't like it. Dazia had noting to do with this whole event so far, and she didn't like it. A player came in and announced the arrival of a player named Fae, calling her the "Princess of the New Dawn". Yinangi noticed this. "So now we've got two princesses in this event. Princess Krysta, and Princess Fae." She walked over to the girl, initiating conversation casually. "Hiya, Fae! Nice arrival there! I'm Yinangi, Nice to meetcha!" A player was dragged to the stage to sing, and the song didn't really seem to match any of the moods that could possibly be in a Masquerade Ball, but he did put in a little effort. Nevertheless, it worsened Dazia's day. She looked around, and noticed that she wasn't the only player who wanted nothing to do with this event. "Well, I guess I'm not the only one having a bad day and getting dragged out of the comfort zone..." Somehow, she was hoping a male who might understand her(Not her situation, but Dazia herself) would swing by and make things better. "...Dang it Cupid! What do you want with me? ...Just...just leave me alone..."

(OOC: ....Wow, guys, I'd kind of half-expected that Dazia would have been approached by now. Guess I was wrong.)

@Fae

The moment felt a bit locked in time as they were dancing. Kimi chuckled a little bit saying, "I'm glad i can poke a bit of fun. Being in here is really nice, its like we're so far away from the reality of the game." A tear came to Kimi's eyes as she uttered those words to Hestia. She pulled back swiftly and took her hands off Hestia's waist to wipe the tear away. "Sometimes it can just be so stressful, and with moments like this everything just seems to disappear." Kimi said smiling at Hestia with some tears remaining in her eyes. She wiped the remaining tears and went back to holding Hestia's waist. Kimi let out a sigh of relief and went back to burying her face into Hesita shoulder. "I'm glad to have you here with me." She said in a low tone as she went back to swaying back and forth.

I just nod my head able to understand the feeling of everything being so far away. This event making it feel as if all the problems and death that lay outside of it aren't real. That the reality we're in is just so far away when we all could just be happy where we are right now. Then just this moment where the entire ballroom just seems to fade, and it is just the two of us. With that last thought i have a mental splash of water hit me trying to make those thoughts disappear, but then i see the tears and i just smile. Unable to help myself as i just nod my head and let those thoughts of togetherness stay for now. I know what you mean Kimi everything just seems to fade at the moment, and i'm happy to be spending this moment with you. Also i hope those are happy tears Kimi. I would hate for those to be tears of sadness at being in my company. I say adding the last joking part to try and distract from the possible line before which could be perceived as hitting on you, or flirting which it might've been? Either way i would wish to avoid such thoughts to try and not ruin this really happy moment that i can tell that you are going through. I'm glad to have you here with me also Kimi i don't think i could imagine something else really. I say honestly to you.

The event was in full swing, and he didn't know exactly what to do. He was planning on hanging out with Hestia and Kimi, considering they aren't with anyone, however they seemed to break off to a different area to dance, and he smiled, it seemed the two of them were getting along well. Are they going to get together? That would be sooooo adorable oh my lord Jesus Christ now that I see it, it is pretty freaken adorable. He laughed to himself and looked over at Jevi and Ruby, and he shrugged a bit, he was going to leave the two of them alone. He then also saw Telrenya and Jomei together, and he smiled at the two of them. When are they going to get engaged like my god it should happen already. Jomei step up to the plate. He laughed a bit more at his thoughts and looked around the room, and his heart sank slightly. I.... I don't have anyone to dance with. His first thoughts went to Ryo, but that was never going to happen, his second thought went to Smoke, but also that was never going to happen. He bit his lip and backed up, becoming a wall flower. "Maybe I shouldn't have gone, I've never really had a dance with a guy before. Wow I should not be crying." He wiped a tear from his eyes, luckily the mask was good at hiding all of his emotions.

Vigilon was happy to know that Krysta took the compliments well. A player announced the arrival of a player named Fae. "...She the guest of honor or something? I've never been to a masquerade ball before, so..." The whole thing then seemed so much more fairytale. He almost forgot that he was in a death game, and in fact had began to focus on this event, and the girl he loved. Krysta asked him if he wanted to dance. He had been taught about dancing by his older sister Alyssa years ago, until it started to make him uncomfortable, so, yeah, he knew how to dance. Mostly. He hoped he wouldn't have forgotten anything about dancing, lest he somehow screw up, but right now, he tried to focus on the positive things. He bowed the way men do during such events with the thought he had in mind, and held out his hand to Krysta. "Well then... Miss Verity, may I have this dance?"

@Krysta

Kimi continued to dance in silence absorbing everything around her. She just wanted this moment to last for a while where she could ignore everything around her and just have a good time, but she knew better than that. "So whats on your mind?" Kimi said taking her head off Hestia's shoulder and looking into her eyes. Kimi just wanted to start casual conversation as she was still there with Hestia. It wasn't often Kimi asks whats on Hestia's mind and now was a really good time to see what she was thinking about since they are here for fun. Kimi kept her eyes on Hestia's as they were still holding each other close waiting for a response. "Its funny because i never thought i'd ever see each other without armor or something. Every time we meet we're either doing quests or helping someone out." Kimi said laughing lightly a little bit. "This really is a nice change of pace from our normal routine."

'Too much? For something I'm only going to wear once...probably, yeah.' Callie forced herself to shrug off the thought, not wanting to spoil her good mood. Long seafoam hair was braided along the back of her head with a pair of small flowers, the leftover locks falling over her exposed shoulder. The hem of her cream-colored ball gown hovered just above the smooth tile floor of the massive room, and she found herself reaching up to adjust the white-and-gold half-mask on her face for the hundreth time.

At the sight of the busy room filled with formally-dressed players and NPCs alike, Callie felt the hint of hesitation she knew she would. "Even in a fantasy world, social gatherings really aren't my thing." The words left her in a low voice just after a light sigh. "But when was the last time I got to dress up like this?" She was talking to herself now, reasoning with a small chuckle. The woman naturally gravitated to the edge of the room, walking with her hands folded in front of her as her golden eyes scanned the large room. There weren't many people that she'd come to know, and so as she expected her gaze didn't fall upon anyone she recognized. Not that the masks and fancy clothes would have made that any easier. Her shoulders dropped a bit, and she considered going for a drink when her wandering eyes landed on a taller man just as separated from the crowd. Callie's mouth twisted into a pursed half-smile, hesitating again before she gave up on a fleeting internal debate. 'Come on girl, might as well use this voice of yours.' She urged herself before approaching the sandy-haired player.

She walked up to stand beside him, looking out over the crowd for a moment before she found a few words to offer. "It's surprising to see so many people in one place." She kept her eyes forward while she spoke, though it was clear that her attempt at conversation was directed to the man aside her. The corner of her mouth pulled up into a forced smile with her attempt at conversation, "Events like this really take the edge off all the fighting and danger though, huh?"

@Spencer

I'm thinki- I don't have much really on my mind just thinking about the event itself. How everything just seems so perfect, and picture esque you know? How i kinda wish i could take a picture of this moment to remember it forever once i get out of this game. The dresses, the way people looked and smile. When we escape from the game, so much is going to be different. I say with a small chuckle as i look at you, as i feel my heart pang in pain at my own words. As i realize that when we leave this game...i might never see Kimi again. Some tears starting to form in my eyes as i try to  fight them back, but even then they spill a bit. Well i guess i can say i'm now thinking how different life will be without all of you in life when i leave this game. I say in a bit of a choked up voice.

After getting myself under control i look into your eyes with a small smile. Yeah we're always so busy doing quests, or working together that we never have taken time to just relax and enjoy being in one another presence. We should do that more you know? Maybe have a cup of coffee, or a nice dinner? Ryo is having a after party if you didn't get my message earlier today. We could go their be in just casual clothes after awhile to get out of these dresses. See what our casual outfits are like instead of what we wear for battle. I say with a small chuckle as i look into your eyes. Or would you prefer staying in these dresses during the after party? I ask you curiously. Normally would never agree to stay in such a stupid dress, but weirdly enough i can feel fine doing so if you wanted me to.

Krysta saw how Vigilon made his answer. She decided to roll with it, as he probably was doing. She curtsied and said, "Why, of course." She took his hand, and soon the two were starting off with a classic waltz. Krysta really enjoyed this moment, and hoped that she could savor the memories she was making here for years to come. "Don't you think all this is wonderful, Alex? Not having to worry about helping others constantly, training, facing terrible beasts, terrifying dragons, and grotesque creatures waiting to pounce on us, just the two of us together?" She didn't know where he was from in the real world, and hoped they were close enough to be able to see each other often once they escaped from this game. She felt the mood of the calm music, the feelings within her, and she soon left behind the thought of the others in the vicinity. There was Krysta, Vigilon, the music, and this moment that she would hopefully treasure forever.

@Vigilon

"Uh huh, uh huh, party is good... came here to watch, yup to watch the contest... a drag yes I agree..." Ell said as Ben spoke while also looking at the cake with his mouth watering.

I have been eating stale bread all the time, I forgot what cake taste like, I guess being cheap have their down sides, but what can I do? Ell thought.

"So! Ugh... food, ugh... where did you get-" Ell heard a voice through the entire room, "Miss Fae, the princess of the new Dawn!"

When he looked for who the speaker was he recognized that it was Hei, introducing someone who obviously must be named Fae.

"And there are those types of people -royalty. A guild huh? You ever thought which one you would want to join? Or if you want to start one? And... Cake, where did you get some?"

Ell said as he continued to eye both the players of New Dawn around Fae, and the slice of cake Ben had.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by H3LL0

"....No." Shield blurted, looking over the gaudy, schmaltzy mess of a carriage that was waiting just outside of his front door. It was round and squat with flashy gold and pink detailing at every point. "No." Along the bottom, light pink clouds encircled the base of the chassis with dozens of little cupids, each of which wearing only a sash and a smile, flapped their undersized wings. "No, no, no." Sitting in the driver's seat, a balding man awaited them, dressed similarly to the cupids though, (thankfully) with an added diaper to cover himself, sitting with reins in one hand and a harp in the other. The longer Shield stared at him, the more uncomfortable be became with just how little hair was on top of his head and how much hair seemed to sprout from literally everywhere else on him. Upon seeing Shield, the short NPC hopped down and waddled over to the the carriage door which he then opened.

"You gettin' in, pal?" he grunted, gesturing with a stubby thumb towards the open door.

"No!" Shield growled, stamping his foot on the ground repeatedly. "HELL no! This is not the carriage I ordered, and there is no way in Aincrad that I am setting foot in that... thing." He turned to Beat and grabbed him by the arm, dragging him to the side of the flapping, glittery eyesore. "Come on, Beat. We're walking."

He had barely made it three steps before he stopped. The math wasn't very hard. They were at the base of the mountains of the eleventh floor. Taft was a good four hours' walk away. Even if they ran, they would never make it in time for the ball, and Shield was still waiting on a new stock of teleport crystals.

And there's no way there would be any other carriages available during the event itself...

He swore loudly into the screaming silence of his brain. Slowly, he turned back to the open door of the detestable vehicle and, stiff-legged and jerkily, took a few rushed steps and hoisted himself past the driver, who was currently preoccupied with scratching himself.

"Just... let's get this over with."

@Beat

[Pic Related:]

Spoiler

eeE3kgL.jpg

Edited by Shield

Tsu was glad that Pin understood that they were just friends, but things went downhill fast when Pin raised his voice and started to yell at her, saying that she should find someone else to hang out with and that he wasn't a charity case. Tsu remained speechless after the outburst, on the verge of tears, mixed emotions going through her. Pin had essentially dumped her before they even became a couple. Tsu crushed the box of chocolates in her hand and crumpled up the daisies that she brought, both of them shattering into a bunch of crystals once they were destroyed. "Rrrrribbit...Tsu muttered to herself as she turned back around.

Tsu couldn't even show her face to Eatos and Saphira after that, so she headed in the opposite direction and walked up to the black haired girl that seemed to be by herself. "Hi. You seem lonely today. Are you not enjoying the party, rrrrrrrrribbit?" Tsu asked, hoping to cheer the girl up a little bit.

@Dazia @Pinball

Indeed, it was just as expected. There were things going on everywhere, and it was almost unmanageable. Things were moving along way too fast, and it was causing Kasier some headaches along the way. And this was just from seeing the insides of the event, before actually stepping in. The fact that so much people had gathered for a Valentine's event like this was not surprising to Kasier, it was just surprising this this event, out of everything in the past, has received far more than all the other events. From what she could tell, this place was extremely crowded, just what Kasier didn't like. "Uhm. I'll go check out the food over there. I guess you can go join in their conversations... I'm not really interested. I don't like to be within a big crowd." Kasier exclaimed apologetically, clearing the blonde hair that had dripped over her forehead. "Besides, I want to check out the different types of food that the AI generates, and maybe I can get some coffee ideas from them." Kasier finished plainly, eyeing the table of food. Honestly, she really just wanted to get her hands on some food. She sighed, avoiding any particularly big crowds inside as soon as she stepped in. 

@Itzal