[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

"Yeah everything is just so perfect and beautiful i really hope there's a way to capture it. Though really just being able to experience it with you is all i need." Kimi said this while look back at Hestia. As they continued dancing for a bit finally getting used to it and no longer stumbling Hestia went on and mentioned life outside the game when everyone finally makes it out. "Well really i always believed we'd meet up some time when we are out. So i'm not too worried about it. It will be hard at first, but eventually we'll see each other soon." Kimi said this with confidence in her voice to reassure Hestia. Kimi went back to having her head resting on Hestia's shoulder and closed her eyes. A little while later Hestia went on to mention a after party, but Kimi responded, "I'd like to go, but i wasn't invited and i don't want to be rude and show up out of the blue. Though if i go i might just stay in the dress because it looks really nice. Its no too often we get to dress all fancy." Kimi laughed a bit as she mentioned fancy.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I smile happily at your words as i nod my head in agreement loving that i at least get to spend it with you as i try to pull you a bit closer to me as we dance as i don't even take notice of the rest of the world around me. Just focusing upon the moment of the two of us dancing right now. As if their is nobody else, as if their is nothing else to hear or sense. Just moving along to our own little beat not knowing what it is, but dancing along to it all the same since it just feels so right to do so. Feeling as if a spotlight has shine down upon us, and their is nothing else to see but the two of us. Yeah i guess you're right Kim eventually we'll meet back in the real world, and when we do so it's going to be wonderful i am certain. Though i do wonder how much our bodies would have changed during our stay in here. I say with a small little chuckle. Oh. You're invited to the after party of course Kimi. Everyone in the guild was. I thought i had put that for a mass text kind of thing. I am sorry if it didn't get to you. I say in a apologetic tone as we continue dancing along.

"Well we got plenty of time till we get back to the real world. I don't mean it in a negative way, its more of we can still spend time with each other now and when we get back to the real world things would just be more fun." Kimi said trying to reassure Hestia. "Ohh no its fine." Kimi said to Hestia. "Even if i were to go i'll probably just be awkward since i'm not sure what to do." Despite only dancing for so long it felt as if it had only been for seconds. Kimi looked around to see if anyone else joined them, but it seemed to just be them and Kairi who was with someone else. Kimi knew better than to bring up Kairi when right now it should just be the two of them. Kimi laughed for a bit saying, "How long do you think we have been up here? Time really seems to stop when we're like this." Kimi said to Hestia blushing then looking back down at her feet to make sure not to trip. 

Kalu’s mind was brought back to his hometown in the Philippines. There was a constant blare of horns coming from Jeepneys, autorickshaws, and cars continued to ring through his mind. There was an old woman humming a song while selling cassava cake; improperly prepared and made Kalu face death itself. And I was prepared to die.

When he came to his virtual reality, his breath was ragged and he was sitting in a chair at corner of the room. However, unlike every other time he has come out of the dream, he lacked a sense of dread and regret. This time, he felt numb and empty. He felt dead.

Is this how my parents felt when they drank alcohol? However, Kalu did not accept that notion. Was his emotions like a bank? Has he used it all up trying to force himself to smile, to cry? ”Worrying over this is worthless.

I smile a bit happily as you say that we could be in this game for a long time, and when once that would give me dread and anxiety. Strangely enough i feel tranquil, and happy that i could be trapped in this game awhile. To be stuck in a game with my fam- with my guild that i care for a lot, and that is close to me.Yeah i guess being trapped here for to long isn't that bad since i get to spend it with you all. I say with a happy smile on my face. And well even if it turns out you're awkward i'm certain that i'll be even more awkward. I say with a small chuckle as we continue dancing along to the beat of our rhythm. I don't know how long we've been here Kim, but in all honesty i don't really care for counting the time. I'm just enjoying myself immensely. I say honestly with a smile on my face as i look at the wonderful red head in front of me. Wishing i knew something at all for slow dancing to try and make this more interesting. However, at the very least when we do perform on stage that is where i can let my dancing knowledge shine forth instead of this slow dancing stuff.

Spencer was never one for parties. He had only been to one in the real world, and it turned out to be an amazing night that led to months of happiness, which turned to a sour and bitter end. He shrugged the thoughts away and looked around the party. A crowded room was feeling quite lonely right now, and he was about to leave, but an adorable woman in a peach and goldish outfit walked up to him and said hello. He smiled a bit, she seemed great, hopefully could be a friend. "Hi and yes I'd have to agree. I'm not the highest level that is for sure, but I do my fair share of fighting every once in a while, and just relaxing with people is nice. Even though I became a wallflower at the moment." He paused and forgot to even say his name. "Oh Crap! I forgot to say my name! I'm Spencer! And who are you? Oh! And I must say I love your outfit. You are one of the prettiest women I have seen at the party, and I like your color combo, definitely not because I'm also wearing gold." He laughed and blushed a bit, talking to this woman was helping me.

@Calypso

The corners of her mouth pulled into a more genuine smile at the positive response she received, taking a bit of the tension from her shoulders. The sudden offer of his name finally caused Callie to turn her golden eyes back on him and she blinked in mild surprise before a chuckle bubbled up from her chest at his sudden remembrance. She brought up a curled hand to her lips before giving the man a small shake of her head. "No no, I hardly gave you a proper introduction myself." Her hand naturally drifted to her collarbone to take hold of a piece of cerulean hair, the ends falling shorter than she had first expected due to the braid they were woven into behind her head.

"Calypso." She gave her name in return, though for a moment she wondered if Spencer was actually the man's real name, or an incredibly simple username. His compliment shortly thereafter was unexpected, and caused the woman to falter a moment while the faintest pink hue touched what was visible of her cheekbones. She echoed his laughter with another small chuckle of her own, "Why, thank you. You look quite nice yourself, Spencer." Callie turned her face back to the crowd, still wearing a smile as she finally dropped her hand and laced it with the other in front of her dress.

"I suppose being a wallflower is more natural for me." She admitted, turning back to a previous point of conversation as her eyes ran over the many unfamiliar faces filling the ballroom. "Meeting people isn't really my strong suit, but staying home or standing in the corner all night sounded like a drag." She spoke to fill the silence at this point, unsure what it was she wanted to get out of the conversation at this point. In a matter of seconds, she started questioning why she had come to the party in the first place. Was is to meet people? Find a date? Just to go somewhere all dressed up?

@Spencer

Beat immediately failed to hold back the outburst of laughter at Shield's reaction. He wasn't sure what was funnier, Shield's reaction, or the fact that the older player might have legitimately tried to hurt him if he ever found out that Beat had requested such a carriage. He staggered along before Shield realized that the carriage was their only option, now wheezing and clutching his sides. 

"Your face! Wha....AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!" Beat gave up trying to speak and simply roared with laughter until the pain in ribs made the prospect far less enjoyable. He hoisted himself into the vehicle and the tubby angel closed the door as soon as they had seated themselves across from one another. 

"Why can I not record this? Your reaction was gold. Puuuuure gold!" He said, wiping tear from his eyes as he beamed at the older player, wanting to avoid missing any further fruits of his labor. 

"So you're wearing the corsage right?" He said, deciding to go for broke. 

The night hadn't even officially begun and Shield was already wishing it was over. He didn't appreciate his objections being taken so lightly, but they were too far into it at this point for an argument to be worth their time. He was just going to have to ignore Beat as best he could. He took a seat and began massaging his temples. The carriage began to roll and he was already half way through the process of mentally shutting out his counterpart when Beat posed the corsage question. 

"We didn't get a corsage," Shield droned, not paying attention to either Beat or the the box as he opened it. "We got two boutinee-"

His eyes flickered down as he spoke, but before he could finish his thought, the box's contents finally registered in his mind and he lowered is head to get a better look. There was indeed a boutineer inside, but right beside it was a matching floral corsage. It was a drop in the bucket compared to the humiliation he would face upon arrival, but one realization now couldn't be avoided. This was no accident.

"You..." he said, looking slowly up at Beat. "You did all of this! I knew something was wrong! There was no possible way someone could screw up an order that badly by mistake!" He was up on his feet now. Shield was entirely unsure of whether it was his embarrassment or his anger that had flushed his face, but either way, his skin felt hot, and he was sure that he was a spectacular shade of crimson. "We had a plan! What in god's name inspired you to- Hoooooah!"

The carriage gave a lurch and Shield toppled to the side. He caught himself on his hands just in time to avoid cracking his head on the seat's edge. The entire compartment was inclined at a sharp, upward angle, and the carriage swooped in sickening, unexpected directions.

"What the-" he held on tightly as everything shifted sideways. "Did something happen? No, wait... are we FLYING!? You booked us a flying carriage!?" he roared, only barely managing to keep his grip as the whole thing banked hard to the left. "Just how much of our money did you spend on this!?"

Minako thanked the two before her with a bow. "Thanks! It's a pleasure to meet you both as well." She said, sending the two a friend request before skipping away, dreams of hot men keeping her going. There were several other men that entered Minako's night. The first was an accident and an NPC. The second was a French waiter, that was also an NPC but he didn't have the NPC tag over him like the rest did. She didn't care, he wasn't interested and so, neither was she. She found another cute boy, wearing gold. And good lord was he tall. Tall, and handsome. Minako could tell that, even though his mask. She licked her lips and rolled up her sleeves, determined to make a difference tonight. But she took three steps before he was intercepted by another girl. "Blue-haired sl-" Minako about said, before clapping her hand over her mouth. How rude of her to even think of such a thing, but it was still frustrating. Several more tries led to dead ends. Do only single girls show up to this sort of thing? Minako let out a frustrated yell, in the middle of the ballroom. "Grrrraaaah!" She yelled in a high pitch. "Where are all of the hot, single, men this event promised!?" She yelled out, running her hands through her hair.

Beat bounced up and down in his seat and bit his lower lip as Shield opened the box, knowing full well he was only building the pressure up and was in no way succeeding to hide his part in the accommodations for the evening. Beat covered his mouth with his hands as he barely managed to stifle the laughter enough to listen to Shield's outburst properly. Beat's eyes beamed up at the enraged player, wet from his laughter as the carriage's take off interrupted the older gentleman's outrage. 

While Shield struggled to maintain his balance, Beat fell out of his seat and once again roared with laughter, no longer concerned with the knives in his sides or the fact that he was now being tossed around the cabin. This was going far better than he could have possibly hoped and the fact that Shield had turned a comical shade of red was not helping his intimidation factor in the slightest. 

"Oooooh not nearly enough! I feel so bad now! I completely underpaid these guys! They're AMAAAAAZING!" He said through his laughter as he laid on the floor, "This is way better than the original plan!" 

If Shield were not in the process of holding on for dear life with both hands, Beat would have caught them. All things considered, Shield figured that showing up to the ball with a red cursor wasn't something that would be so easily smoothed out, so he held his tongue and his temper as well as his seat, though the latter was far easier, especially once the flight path leveled off. Shield made good use of the mirror that Kayaba had hidden in his inventory on day one, cleaning himself up as best as possible as the carriage came to a gliding halt outside of the event. By Shield's best figure, they were an hour late. Hopefully, that would mean most of the guests would be inside, out of sight of the spectacle.

The door opened, no doubt at the hands of their greasy NPC porter. Shield stepped out, gritting his teeth hard as he steeled himself to prepare to be courteous and - for lack of better words - romantic with Beat despite his barely contained rage. Turning half way back towards the carriage, he extended his hand, helping Beat out in as chivalrous and showy of a manner as he could muster. Fortunately, he still held the box, which meant that he rescued the corsage and began slipping it onto Beat's wrist before the rat could find a way to make Shield wear it.

"Here you go, Sugar-Beat," he said, somehow managing not to gag on the ridiculous pet name that he had hesitantly agreed upon for the evening. In hind-sight, it was honestly the least of his worries. "And don't forget my boutineer as well-"

From beside him, an ear-splitting chorus of trebly, cherubic voices chimed out in unison, practically shattering the window panes. Shield swiveled his head towards the carriage to see that all of the little cupids had joined together in song to announce their arrival. Apparently, Beat had accounted for their late arrival, and was already a step ahead.

If only he would put this amount of preparation and effort into... well, literally anything.

Shield turned his face back to Beat, his features contorted and tight across his taut teeth and clenched jaw as he forced himself to smile. All the while, the little stuffed cupids rattled off their verse.

"Come ye and hear ye
The message we bring!
The sweetest of lovers-
Their bliss we now sing!

What weapons does one use
To save his true love,
From claw and from sword
And from arrows above?

Not only his strength,
But his courage he'll wield!
A true knight in armor!
The stalwart one, Shield!

And whom does he love?
Who could marshal his heart?
None other than he,
The true Beat of his heart!"

As they ended their song, they unleashed such a high-pitched deafening chord that Shield's ears rang loud enough to drown out the sounds of the party inside. Either that, or the entire party had fallen deathly silent as a result of the song and the ringing was just the icing on Beat's cake. Desperately hoping it was the former rather than the latter, Shield made a great show out of bowing and pretending to kiss Beat's hand. Instead, he tugged the hand lower so that Beat's ear would be closer and nobody nearby would be able to hear.

"I swear on everything holy that you're going to pay for this," he hissed, at least loudly enough for himself to hear over the ringing of his ears. Even if Beat could not make out the exact words, his glare and the grating rasp of his whisper would be enough to convey the intent.

Edited by Shield

By the time they arrived Beat had more or less calmed his laughter and was now simply beaming and grinning from ear to ear, giggling quietly whenever Shield would shoot him a glare. He stared into Shield's eyes as the older gentleman slipped the corsage on his wrist, "Oh dear, it's lovely! You remembered my favorite flower!" He said gleefully, playing the part he had rehearsed in his head for this moment. If it had been possible to smile any wider, Beat would have as he finished placing Shield's boutineer while the band began to play the song he had written for them. 

"Oh god yes!" He said as he began to impersonate the fat conductor as they sang, bobbing his head enthusiastically from side to side with the beat of the song. He applauded excitedly as Shield took his hand and his eyes stared back at Shield's as he barely made out the threat. He gave his partner a sly wink and stood up abruptly and looked around as he spoke loudly and forcing out an awkward laugh, "Woooah! Honey! Save THAT for when we get home you scoundrel!" 

"I hear you," Illiure said as she grabbed a small heart shaped pastry off one of the plates. She herself could hardly recognize herself at the party, much or less anyone else. "I wonder if we're the only ones here without a date,she sighed, feeling slightly better that she had someone to at least talk to. She nibbled on the heart and started eyeing everyone in the ballroom. She was still utterly confused why everyone was so happy, more or less why anyone showed up at all. This is a death game, she thought key coldly, not some party where you can go lovey dovey. But I'm probably never going to see this again even if I do get out of here.. she sighed sadly. 

@The Black-White Human

"Ehe~ I knew somebody else would get how I feel about fancy outfits eventually!" Smiling all the more at having found a fellow person who also doesn't care for fancy things Marisa grabs another cookie to munch on. "Anyways maybe, maybe not. But hey at least we are enjoyin ourselves with the food here~" With that said she finishes off the rest of the cookie in her hand already and reaching for another one Marisa stops from doing so as the heart pastry Illiure is holding is noticed. Grinning a bit Marisa moves close to her again and places her arm on Illiure's shoulders once more. "Hey reddie... Do ya mind if I steal a bite of that cause it looks pretty good~" While asking this the hand that's on Illiure's far shoulder slowly moves toward the pastry as if to steal take borrow it.

@Illiure

Edited by The Black-White Human

Illiure gave a small shrug and handed the heart shaped cookie that had a small bite mark in it. "Be my guest," she said plainly. She crossed her arms and leaned back on the table. her cyan gaze traveling down to the salmon colored floor. They made this ballroom way too pink, I hate it. She thought as she looked at the pink tiles disgustedly. Her fingers taped on the side of her arm in boredom, what am I even supposed to be doing here? She thought miserably in head. Singing? Dancing? How is anybody able to do that in times like this? Its certainly better than at home but still... She tugged on the hems of her sleeves.

She stood there in silence as the sounds of laughter and chatter echoed from the ballrooms walls. How is any of this real..

@The Black-White Human

Edited by Illiure

Hearing/seeing that the heart cookie is being handed to her marisa's smile only grows more as she let's out a slight whistle. "Dang ya really do act like rei- eh, reddie.. Course I guess that just means that we'll be good friends, Da Ze~!" Saying this marisa takes a bite out of the heart cookie before giving it back with only half of what was left and half of what Illiure bit off of still there. Anyways ya can have the rest of it back now since it is yours, but thanks for lettin me try it~" Continuing to keep her arm's on IIliure's shoulders Marisa would continue to grab snacks while watching the crowd of people. Every now and then while doing so she would smile slightly at seeing two people seem to get closer, course it would mainly seem like marisa is searching through the crowd rather than watching the people in it.

"No problem," Illiure said taking the small bit of cookie left. She held the heart bit with two hands and watched Marisa closely. "Anyone on your mind?" she asked in a monotone voice. Sounds like you wish someone was right next to you. She thought sadly, something I wouldn't dream of having. She started staring down at the floor in thought, Friends. Has anyone ever considered her as one? Stoic and expressionless Illiure, a friend? She bit her lip, confused, utterly confused. She looked back at Marisa, who was grabbing snacks off the table. "Yeah. Friends.." She said audibly. She searched through the crowd, realizing that some people were in fact alone in the ballroom. I guess I'm not the only one...

@The Black-White Human

Shield chomped down hard on his tongue in a very literal attempt to hold it and keep from saying more to Beat. In the real world, he likely would have bled a considerable amount from the bite. As he straightened back up, he stood with his back tall and his chest out, preparing himself for the events to come inside. Behind them, he heard the carriage begin to roll away. Despite the sheer number of eyeballs that would potentially be on them inside, Shield tried to take some reassurance that everything they had booked in preparation was now accounted for, so there would not be any more surprises from Beat's meddling.

Unless he hid something in his stupid corsage...

He caught himself, feeling his smile start to sour. Hastily, he cleared his throat to mask the slip-up and turned to Beat.

"Shall we?" he asked, offering Beat his elbow. With that, the two of them finally made their way into the event, Beat grinning from ear to ear, and Shield with so much heat and pressure in his face from his body's effort to make him blush that he was almost certain that his actual body must be turning colors in the real world.

Inside, there were a number of faces he knew, and each one was another pang of humiliation. Shield had always been skilled at withholding his emotions, but as he saw each familiar face, he had to restrain himself from recoiling. The actual effect was to make him look as if we was about to be violently ill and to add a slight purple color to the list of hues that his face had already turned tonight.

@Beat

Zandra was sitting on the bed in her alchemist shop. Her forehead resting in her open hands palms with elbows on her knees. She needed to calm down. But by some reason, she was so nervous for what she was gonna do. A few weeks ago she met this wonderful girl. They had mett a few times after that, but this would be their first date. She gulped and pushed herself out of the bed, walking towards the mirror on the wall. ''You dont have to be worried, this will go fine.'' she said to the woman in the mirror and the woman replied the same. After that Zandra left her shop clad in black heavy armour. After an hour or so, she was on the place for the date. Or rather, the valentine masquerade ball. She looked around but didnt saw the other girl. They had decided to meet outside first so she walked up to a tree and leaned on it at the same time as she changed into more proper clothes.

Spoiler

28d3c1a53d8a0b9c3775b8131d8bda4f--sad-anime-anime-life.jpg