[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

Illiure turned to Marisa. "Hm.. adorable," she said raising her hand to scratch her chin. She gave in and shrugged, "I guess I am.. to you at least," she said casually. "But I really doubt that anyone else would call me that.." she sighed with a smidge of dejection. She saw Marisa take another handful of cookies of the table, yeesh, how many cookies have you eaten today..? She pondered in her mind. "At this point, choose anything on the table," she told Hei. I suppose most children would like sweets anyways.. She shrugged. "Or you could just take one of everything," she went back to fiddling with her fingers, finding the conversation uninteresting. Just take some and be over with it.

@The Black-White Human @Hei

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As Steel was conversing with the people around him, he got a message from Reinka a girl he had met and had a conversation with a while back in a bar. They even had plans to do some quests together. Apparently she had just arrived at the castle though she didn't seem to be willing to go inside without him being there. Wonder why she's so worried about it? It's not like a monster's gonna appear in a safe zone. Steel questioned as he saw the message. Or is it something like she'd be embarrassed coming here by herself? I don't think I'll ever understand girls. With an inner sigh, making sure his emotions and thoughts wouldn't show on his face, he messaged back.

To Reinka

Yeah, I'm inside the castle. You okay? Do you want me to go over there to pick you up or something?

He sent the message and waited for her reply.

@Steel

"Did he already go in without me?" she looked at the door. "How'd he get in, oh shoot he must have someone already great. Third wheel here I come then. Well maybe it won't be as awkward?" she moved to the door and went inside then backed out of it. Wouldn't it be embarrassing to just waltz in alone? Though he was already inside. She sighed. "Give over it drama llama." She walked in. Seeing a few familiar faces. Hei was her tailor she'd have to thank him for the dress tonight. She looked for Steel and it was easy to spot him. She walked over to him. "I guess I found you. Sorry, I'm just nervous something really strange will happen. I don't want to ruin the mood or anything it's just....Well...The game inviting players to come in without equipping their armor. It just rubbed me the wrong way you know." She was a bit scared and timid to be around people. "You think acting would help with this...." She smoothed out her dress and took in a deep breath.

"Anyone here you know? I only know you and Hei, but really personally I guess." she looked around for his date. "Hey, where's your date, or were you just allowed in?" She thought she wouldn't be let in either it surprised her.

Saphira looked short at Eatos who had made stuttering a copliment to the boy, - Steel was his name, maybe I sould let them alone. - She looked at Hei who had already made his way to the long table with the drinks and the food. Slowly she followed him to the table. Hei walked to two girls, which stood near the table and ate some pastries and asked which of these many things woulb taste a little girl. Saphira felt a little bit like a waste of space. She said that she would come with Hei to bring Fae something to eat, after she had ruined the party for Pin and Froppy she wanted to make the party of someone else atleast a little bit better.
She walked closer to the table and looked at the food on it - It looks really good, but what of all this would Fae like the most? - She looked at the many heart-shaped pastries, choclat, jam and much other stuff - Maybe she would like something with choclat or jam. Next time I will ask her, but is it really okay that I want to bring her something? It´s just, that Hei want to bring her something too, but I said that I would bring some snacks to the rest of the group and Fae. - Slowly she grabbed two of the choclat and two of the jam hearts and looked around, searching for Fae. And after a moment she found her, she stood ther in a group with a strange person and...Tsu. A little bit shocked she looked at her and after she had took a deep breath to calm down she walked to the group.
- Uhhm...want some Fae? - she asked the little girl and showed her a choclat and a jam heart. - Uhhm...also...I-i am so sorry for what I had said earlier. - Saphira said with quiet voice to Tsu - I-i didn´t want to hurt you or Pin. I-i a-am sorry that I ruined your party. - She offered her a choclat heart.

@Fae@Froppy

Kimi spent her time in silence just enjoying her time with Hestia. As she looked down at the floor to check their footing Kimi saw Noodle in his little tuxedo bobbing his head back and forth to the songs that swept over the whole ballroom. "Ahh hes being so adorable." Kimi said in a low voice looking at Noodle. Kimi scanned around the dance floor and saw that the place was really filling up with more and more people of all different characters. "This is turning out to be a bigger event than i thought it would." Kimi said to Hestia averting her eyes from the public. "I bet Guild Mom and Dad are probably talking about us since we're here dancing." Kimi said with a warm smile and flustered cheeks. Her heart started to speed up and her face reddened more as she mustered up a bit of courage to say, "I know it might sound strange, but I can't really express the feelings i have right now with you." Kimi looked down to hide her face and paused for a moment to let that sink in before continuing. "You and the guild family.. I've been going on for a while without real direction and when i decided to do something with myself here. I ended up running into you guys and it really gave me something to be happy about, something to really look forward too." Another tear started to form up again at the edges of her eyes once the words left her mouth. 

Rather than reply back, Reinka had come in herself to find Steel personally. "You didn't have to go through the trouble of finding me you know? I did say I'd pick you up if you wanted me to." Steel said, seeing how she still seemed somewhat unnerved from coming here. "And don't worry, nothing's going to hurt you here. We're in a safe zone, our HP won't go down a single point. And if something does happen like what happened at the bar, I'm right here with you." He said this with a smile of reassurance.

"Sadly enough, I don't really know anybody here except for you and that little girl over there since we were in the same party at one point." Steel said in response as he pointed to Fae who was with Hei. "And I don't have a date. I just came in on my own, wonder if I could find a date here. Then I got forced into singing on stage and almost got literally thrown onto said stage..." He said with a nervous chuckle. "Since you messaged me, I assume you don't have one either?"

I smile as i just enjoy the silence with you. I hear your words and looks down seeing noodle as i can't help but let out. awwww so adorable. I say as i look at the little shark doggo moving to the music that is moving through the ball. Being reminded of my singing ideas as i wonder if i should perform here, or later in a concert venue. In the end i choose the latter since for now, for this night i would prefer it spent with the girl with me, and any of our friends we meet along the way. I nod my head with a chuckle as i can only agree. Yeah seems like the place is really filling up. At the very least we were able to see everyone enter from being the first ones in. I say with a small chuckle. Though at the mention of Jomei, and Telrenya i do blush a bit at the thought of the two of them seeing us. Already able to imagine the teasing that could happen from the two within the guild. Well lets hope if D- Jomei is watching he will be light in trying to tease us when we see him again. I say with a small chuckle.

I glance around the room trying to spot the guild parents as Kimi likes to call them, and is able to spot them talking to another couple it looks like, and from the looks where Minako just left. I chuckle at that girl's antics as it seems she is just very interested in trying to find a date during this event. 'Poor girl trying to find a free date is going to be very difficult it feels like from how things are playing out.' I think to myself in amusement. I then hear your words and blush a bit as i swear i feel my heart skip a beat. Wh-what do you mean by feelings Kimi? IF you have trouble explaining how they feel why not go with how your body is reacting from the feelings. I suggest hoping to get a clue from that as i then smile a bit understanding the feeling of being directionless. I know what you mean Kim i'm kinda without direction always. Just going with the flow for the most part, but i feel like things are slowly shaping together into a nice path ever since i met you, and this guild. I say in a gentle tone of voice.

@Kimi

Macradon looked at Kairi as she asked him if he knew the person he looked at before, Zandra. He nodded and kept his smile adorned upon his lips “Aye … or so you could say. I’d call her a former acquaintance, I haven’t talked to her in quite a while, can’t even remember when I last said anything to her, at all, all I remember is ignoring her presence since Asterios” he said with his smile slowly growing away, but he still tried to remain happy, even though that … happening was quite the thing, and he hadn’t even acknowledge she had been anywhere near him since, but something just seemed quite off, she wasn’t together with Ariel. “But that shouldn’t really mind anything, I’m just happy that I didn’t have to spend this day alone yet again” he said with a small chortle as his smile grew back to its glory.

@Kairi

“Never mind, Found it” Ell said  as he ran towards a table full of food. Cake, cookies, chocolates, and some other sweets were on it. “Heaven... It’s been a long time since my tongue tasted such treasure. I am so thankful I went here.” he said as he approached table a little more closer. He eyes the sweets with awe. He made a little ennie minnie moe on the different kind of food.

“So which one fir-“ Ell said as his finger stopped pointing at the cookies. Ell grabbed a plate, approached the rack, and took one.

“This better be tastier than Stale bread.”

He halved the cookie. He made a small bite at the half before inhaling the half.

“Mmm... that’s... mmm” 

He put the other half on his plate, Took the cookie container and left a plate with half a cookie on the table.

He started to walk back to where he left Ben, munching a cookie on one hand, and holding the container in the other.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by H3LL0

Beat's smile was likely never going to leave his face all night and he felt like he had gotten his kicks, deciding to forego the last touch he had planned. It was impressive the Shield had managed to restrain himself and Beat wasn't looking to push that too far until his partner had cooled down some. He let out a satisfied sigh and took Shield's elbow as they walked into the hall. He admired the pink and red decorations and quickly spotted the buffet table, though he managed to restrain the urge to abandon Shield for the moment. He needed people to see them and he was sneaking glances at the ever-changing hue of Shield's face whenever he could justify a glance. 

"Alright big guy, we gotta schmooze, so who do you want to visit first?" Beat's tone was still jovial, but it was far less mocking than it had been so far that night. It was clear that he had gotten his kicks and was now ready to actually participate in the festivities as equals. Giving Shield the first pick was his way of letting him know that the joke was over, at least for now. 

Kairi had seen him smile a little, saying that she was a former acquintance, and he hadn't talked to her in a while, then he had explained that he had been ignoring her presence since a boss, Kairi had frowned a little bit looking back to the player and looked back to Macradon and asked of him "What did she do to deserve being ignored?" she had felt a little concerned, because if someone like Macradon was ignoring someone, something had to happen or you would have to do something extremely bad. However after a moment he had spoken out still dancing that it shouldn't mind anything, and he was just happy he didn't have to spend this day alone again, Kairi had shifted her frown to a bit of a smile and she had said to him "I suppose I am happy to not spend this day alone as well as I had gotten through a breakup recently. To be honest I forced myself to come here just to hang out, but I am glad that I had came here now." she had said to him with a smile.

@Macradon

Macradon smiled at her notion of what Zandra might’ve done to deserve Macradon’s cold treatment, but as he said, it was not to be thought of today as it would only make the happy times cloudy “I can tell you another time if you want to” he said regarding the events with Zandra. Macradon smiled at Kairi as she spoke to him about why she even came here “You could say I forced myself as well, but I probably just did it because I could, just like last time, and last time I even got quite the things out of it” he said with a smile remembering his Rings of Matrimony, those were kept away for a special occasion in the future, maybe. He wasn’t sure if he was ready to use them just yet, they were kept away in his inventory, never to be used until the day would come, but in Macradon’s perspective, that day would never come, it at least didn’t seem like it would.

@Kairi

The brunette one of them asked him if the snacks he was getting where for the small girl, which surly was Fae, so he nodded. He didn't know why she wanted to know, but it wouldn't hurt to let her know. The blonde one was way more friendly, introducing herself and recommending grabbing a plate and just taking some of the different ones. With the brunette agreeing to that, telling him to best get one of everything, he was neither happy or sad. He could have come to this conclusion without asking them, but non the less, they helped him. As the blonde had introduced herself, it was on him to do so as well. "It's a pleasure meeting you Miss Kirisame, and you as well" he nodded towards Illiure "Thanks for helping me choose, even with your advice being to chose everything. I am sure Fae will love all the sweets around here." he was about to turn, when he noticed, that even if he had the intention to introduce himself he had forgotten to tell them his name. "Oh, and my name is Hei of the Guardians of the new Dawn. Maybe we'll meet each other again"

@Illiure @The Black-White Human

Now it was time to really get some snacks, so he got a plate and started adding food to it, there was so much good looking food, that he wasn't sure if everything would fit, but if not, he could come back and get more later. The night was still young. When he turned around to ask Saphira, if she wanted to have something too, he had to see that she was leaving towards Fae with a plate in hands. - Hm, maybe she got something nice already. I'll just take all this to some place we can stand and talk later then - and so he went over to the table with the drinks, got himself some sweet wine and two more glasses filled with some kind of lemonade. Then walking back to Fae and Saphira, who were now standing there with Tsu.  "Saphira, Fae. I got you something to drink, and some more food if you'd like something."

@Fae @Saphira @Froppy

Kairi had listened when he had said that he would tell her another time if she would like to, Kairi had smiled and said to him "I would like to hear a later time, sorry for bringing it up." she had apologized. She could only hope that it wasn't entirely bad however there was nothing she could do if it was otherwise, hopefully its not affecting him a lot. Looking back to Macradon after he spoke up she had frowned a bit when she heard that he forced himself here as well, and just last time he had gotten a few things out of it. Kairi was a little confused on what those things were maybe some sort of raffle prize? However with a smile she had just to ask him "What things did you get out of the last event Macadamia-Nut? I'd like to see or hear about it." she had giggled trying to keep a positive vibe for the event, she had forgotten that they had still been dancing she had just said immediately after "Y-you can just tell me about it, I am enjoying the dance we are having." she giggled.

@Macradon

Shield took several slow breaths, and the color slowly drained from his face, leaving it the usual hue that it always wore when not on the verge of a conniption as he had been for more or less the entire evening so far. It was in moments like this, however, when his ability to remain impassive came in handy. Once the color was gone from his face, he appeared more or less just as he always did. That being said, he did not know how well he would be able to handle any further surprises.

Beat had passed the decision to him of with whom to mingle. That was suspicious given that Shield thought he had been making the decisions for the event already but thus far had been undermined at every stage. Still, he was glad to at least momentarily have a choice over just how humiliating the next portion of the night would be. He scanned the crowd, noting a few key players. @Macradon was easy enough to spot, and he was dancing with someone who looked vaguely familiar. Perhaps someone who had stopped into his shop at some point, but the mask made guessing tricky, so he left that alone. One of his best customers, @Kimi, was also on the dance floor. He would like to say hello to her at some point, but she seemed very engrossed in her dance, so he decided to save that for later. He tried to wait until she was looking to give a casual wave, but beyond that, he was resigned to look elsewhere.

There was @Piera, and he assumed the man she was with would be Lee, whom she had mentioned on occasion. She was one of the few players who knew much of anything about Shield's past, and although he didn't think she would make too many assumptions (or at the very least, blow his cover), he figured that it would still be a little embarrassing to chat with such a close connection so soon after the sickeningly sentimental announcement of his arrival. Best to wait on that particular greeting.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a flash of pale cerulean and his spine went rigid. Sure enough, as he looked closer, he saw the familiar face, though somewhat concealed, that belonged to @Calypso. Immediately, he swerved and steered Beat towards the far side of the snack table, directly towards a knot of player he did not know in the slightest. He was not entirely sure why he had reacted so immediately. The idea of having to explain the situation made him feel a little sick, but he had no idea why. Before he had time to consider the thought, he practically ran straight into another player that he did not recognize. Shield raised a hand in greeting, quickly recovering and addressing @Hei.

"Hello," he said in a warm, friendly tone. He was not always the most social of individuals, but his business afforded him plenty of opportunities to interact with the people of Aincrad, so he had no problem introducing himself to strangers. "You're a new face. I go by Shield. This is my f-" he cleared his throat, having to remember to stick to the plan. "Pardon me. Something in my throat - my partner, Beat. Who might you be?"

Edited by Shield

Macradon would shake his head as he smiled “No worries, it’s just a scar in the past that’s going to be patched up some day, and it’s somewhat bound to happen” he said and would end that part of his memories for now, as they were not worth thinking about at an event as this. Listening to the inquiry of Kairi, Macradon would reply “Last year at the Valentine’s Event, the party started out with a ball like this, everyone were wearing their best and did somewhat just like this, but it all suddenly turned into an Event Boss battle, and I secured the Last Hit reward from the boss, netting in some equipment that will be quite useful in the future, it gives some really good enhancements and buffs that can be really beneficial for me” he said, giving an answer that didn’t have to tie it to what they actually were, as it would seem a bit weird to talk about wedding stuff with someone you don’t really know that much.

@Kairi

Illiure nodded and went back to looking at the crowds of people. She clicked her heels together and leaned back on the table. The guy seems nice, nice but not very interesting. She sighed audibly and poked Marisa on her side. "Why don't you go socialize with other people, you certainly seem friendly enough to do it," she spoke reluctantly, I'll be fine if I'm alone anyways.. Its not like I'm not used to it. "You shouldn't be stuck with me the whole time anyways," she said twirling another strand of hair around her finger. I'll probably just drag her down anyways, she thought frostily while adjusting her mask. She'll meet a lot of better people here.. 

@The Black-White Human

Tsu winced a little bit at the sound of Fae calling her Froggy. She wasn't in the best of moods right now, and she would have spat an insult at whoever it was, but Fae was a little kid, so Tsu just couldn't insult her. "Hello fair princess Fae. It is an honor to see you again, ribbit.Tsu greeted, playing along with Fae's entrance as a princess. It was cute the way that Fae pretended to be a little princess, Tsu couldn't help but go along with it.

Then the girl from earlier, Saphira, had walked up and gave Fae some sweets, and then offered Tsu a chocolate heart after apologizing for what she said earlier. "Oh, no need to worry, you didn't ruin anything, ribbit. Pin is just terrible in social situations like this, I should have just left him alone, ribbit. You're all in a guild right? Would it be fine if I umm... joined? I'm not in a guild, and I've been meaning to get with one for a while, rrrrrrrribbit.Tsu asked, accepting the chocolate heart from Saphira and took a bite of it.

@Fae @Saphira

Waving to the guy as he left marisa would reach for another cookie only to find half of one left. Looking back at the tabe she would see that the whole tray of cookies is now gone. "Did I really eat that many that fast..?" After a second she just shrugs and popping the half-cookie in her mouth grabs one of the other snacks to start munching on.  Going back to looking at the crowd marisa would then feel a nudge to her side and hears Illiure's question. "Well that's an easy answer for me. Then you'd be alone again ze. And don't worry bout that! If I find somebody that I recognize or think is interestin I'll just drag ya with me kickin and screamin" Chuckling softly after saying that Marisa would then go back to munching on her new snack, the glazed heart shaped cinnamon roll.

@Illiure

Lee would then listen as Minako would speak of knowing that he would be taken or homosexual to which he would chuckle as Piera would add to the by agreeing with her statement of his looks. Lee would take in a deep breath and shake his head. "I literally have zero idea in what it is that you girls see." It would be then that a NPC approached the small group and asked if they were still entering the contest to which Piera would would volunteer them to which Lee would raise a hand and add "Yes. I too would like to consequentially agree to signing up for this event slash gala of my own free will."

[ Lee has entered the Best Couple Contest with Piera ]

He would then give it a moment of pause before looking toward her "Maybe my backside!" It would then be brought to there attention Jomei that was heading toward them and Lee would look back toward Minako as she spoke her goodbye in hopes of finding a suitable companion. Lee would wave her goodbye "Go get em tiger! Whistle if you need a wingman. Or yell Lee. Either or.

Spoiler

Valentine_Lee_2.png

@Piera @Minako

Edited by Lee