[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

Kairi had frowned only a little bit when he had called it a scar in the past, however she had returned back to a smile when she had heard him say that its going to be patched up "Well, it's good that its going to get patched up someday." she said to him with a smile. After a moment he had basically explained that last year had started like this with a ball, however eventually there was a Event Boss battle and he had secured the last hit getting items that would be really beneficial to him, Kairi had tilted her head a little as she was confused, if it was beneficial why doesn't he use them now? Curious once more wishing to know, Kairi had asked out to him "Well, if its extremely beneficial why don't you use the items? I mean you've had them for a while, I am wondering why you don't actually use them?" she had been a little curious, maybe there was a downside or a requirement he needed to match? 

@Macradon

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Macradon smiled and chortled lightly “I guess it can’t be kept a secret now, can it?” he asked himself in his mind, thinking about it properly before he chose the words to use. “You’re right, I should be using them with the benefits they have in store, the only problem with it is that they have a … restriction per say. I can equip them no problem, but I will not activate the enhancement before I’m married and my spouse and I are both wearing the items” he said, looking to the side somewhat awkwardly as it wasn’t the best thing to talk about right now. The occasion bight be there as it was Valentines, but it just didn’t feel right talking about it right now, Macradon didn’t feel too comfortable with it, but it wouldn’t hurt that much just mentioning it like that, so Macradon wouldn’t mind it that much.

@Kairi

Illure went wide eyed and shook her hands, "Er.. just forgot I said anything, don't want that happening," she said taking a small pink cookie with yellow stripes and took a bite out of it. "Do you think you'll ever find a place like this in real life?" She asked as she motioned her arms around the ballroom. I wish.. She thought as she looked around the ballroom,  this place would've cost millions in the real world. She thought as she eyed several groups,  must be fun being here with friends.

"Just don't be disappointed if you stick around this table with me the whole, ball yeah?" she stated to Marisa. Hoping that she would go out and socialize with decent people.

@The Black-White Human

Edited by Illiure

On his way back to the others a man wearing a horned lion half mask had ran into him, and Hei had to balance the plate of snacks so they wouldn't fall down. The man then turned to him, greeting him with a  friendly tone. "Nice to meet you Shield. And you as well Beat" he said, wondering what shield had tried to say before he coughed "My name is Hei of the Guardians of the New Dawn." He lightly bowed, being careful that neither the food nor the drinks would fall to the ground. Then he added "You look like a nice couple, will you enter the contest, I might vote for you."  @Shield @Beat

Hei wasn't sure if that was something he should have said, but they both just looked so nice together that he wanted to see them be the winners of the contest. Most other couples he had seen were either cute but just to normal and no one had arrived in such a manner. He had left them with his food and drinks, as the others where waiting for him, nodding his goodbye and leaving. Once he arrived at the others, it wasn't just Fae and Saphira but Tsu as well, so he offered snacks to all of them, and asked "How about some drinks? I got lemonade for you Fae, and for the two of you" he pointed at Froppy and Saphira "I got either Lemonade or sweet wine. And in case of you want to have something different I'd be happy to get it for you."

@Fae @Saphira @Froppy

Kairi had just continued to dance with him and before long he had let out a chuckle and said that it would be beneficial for him, however... he had to get married, and whoever he marries and him must wear the item to get the benefit. Kairi's eyes had widened a bit as that was some sort of really good prize for those who are married, however she had came to a realization that... well, he's had them for a straight year and he hasn't found someone to marry or get in a relationship with. Kairi had blinked a few times then she had said out to him "O-oh... I am sorry to hear that..." she had looked from side to side trying to figure out what to say without this getting entirely awkward, however she had the idea to just compliment him to try to cheer him up maybe just a little anyways, Kairi had shifted her frown to a smile and said to him "Well, if it means anything I think you are pretty handsome yourself Macadamia-Nut."

@Macradon

”Nothing has ever changed. I have always been alone since the day I was born. Surrounding yourself with people, it's not a true companionship. I wonder if they even enjoyed my comradery.”

He took off his mask, knowing full well that this visage was not required. He slammed it against the wall, over and over again. He was emotionless, his feelings were more of frustration rather than rage. More of disappointment rather than frustration. More of ‘this feels right’ rather than frustration.

Eventually the mouth and the chin has been deformed. ”How fitting. The happy, laughing visage of the old Grecian comedic mask has turned into its tragic counterpart." He put the mask in his inventory and walked out of the venue.

As a child, Kalu swore to himself never to have a drink. However, promises were meant to be broken.“Maybe I'll go get a drink.”

<<Paglikha has left the thread.>>

Kairi had all her rights to apologize if she wanted to, but Macradon wouldn’t take it that harsh to begin with, it was a mere item that just had its benefits at the right situation. “No need to apologize” he said with a smile as he look up at Kairi. Listening to her compliment Macradon would chortle lightly “Heh, thanks a bunch” he said with a smile. He was aware that he could probably have been married through the time since he achieved the item, but he just couldn’t find anyone that he found potential in, no one he was willing to marry, no one he found himself willing to spend his days with, no one. It had been a struggle, but it wasn’t like he was out searching for someone, he had been in a kind of depression that has locked his emotions down as well as forcing a tunnel vision into his mind, forgetting his past, only focussing on the bad in his recent time, forgetting what new event had happened for him. He was sure he would have to do something about it, but he just wasn’t sure how yet.

@Kairi

Kairi had smiled when he had said that there was no need to apologize, even if it was alright and it was truly alright she had felt a little bad about asking about it or having him come out about it, then he had chuckled and thanked her about the compliment, Kairi had plastered a permanent smile on her face afterwards, the he had remained a little silent for a moment. Kairi had just stared at him for a moment as they had continued to dance for a while as he had seemed a little deep in thought, Kairi had just frowned a little bit as she had tried to figure out what to say to keep the conversation going, she had giggled a little bit knowing that she was entirely awkward or truly unaware to keep someone's attention. However shaking her head she had said out something, just something to get to know him better, or to get to know her date a little better "So... since I am your date, I would love to know a bit about you." she giggled "So tell me a little about yourself, favorite color? food? animal?" she smiled.

@Macradon

At that marisa just shrugs nonchalantly. "Well it's your loss. Course I guess that means I'll just bring ya with me without the kickin or screamin then." Speaking in a somewhat teasing tone marisa nudges Illiure playfully. "Oh and actually I have seen a place like this before. In fact the owner of the place loved sweets quite a bit more than I did." Chuckling at what can only be assumed to be some memories of the past marisa continues to munch on the same snack slowly. Course hearing the last thing Illiure says they would sigh somewhat. "Well I doubt staying with you will make me disappointed in any way. In fact just talkin to somebody is nice as it is. Even if some people may think of them as a stick in the mud.. Also your close to where all of the sweets are so that's a bonus as well, Da Ze~!" Smiling at them marisa pats her shoulder. "Anyways what I've been tryin ta say and what I say to reddie all the time is that they should lighten up and enjoy things as they happen. Cause who knows when or if you'll be able ta have another moment like this in the future be it near or far.. Course that's just my motto to always have fun or a good time~" Laughing off the more serious sounding part as if it's a joke ,marisa finishes the cinnamon roll she had and grabs another one.

@Illiure

Macradon smiled as Kairi asked in about him, what he liked and such. Replying to something as simple as that would be easy and it would help him think about something that wouldn’t drag down his mood for today, as long as it wasn’t his past they would delve into. “Well then …” he would begin “I’d probably say that my favorite color would be in the shades of green, I adore the colors that signifies the nature and it energies” he would say, green was indeed one of his favorite colors, as seen on his old robes that he used to wear over his armor back before he joined any guild officially. “Food … hm … I really love a well cooked whiskey steak, it really soothes my taste buds for some reason” he said with a smile, chuckling mid sentence. “What about you? This date thing can’t just be a one way track” he said with a smile, asking Kairi “Your favorite color, your favorite food and the likes?”.

@Kairi

"Nice to meet you." Beat said smiling brightly at the dark haired player, finally giving in to his urge to grab a couple of small finger sandwiches with his free hand, though reminding himself to not cram them into his face. Sadly, the conversation was short lived and their new acquaintance returned to who Beat assumed were his friends. Beat was beginning to feel somewhat out of place, realizing how few people he really knew. 

@Hei

"Man...I need to socialize more. Being on the front lines doesn't have to be isolation." Beat said, making sure to keep his tone lively. After all, the realization was surprisingly not depressing at all, rather, it was a somewhat exciting prospect to meet other people. 

"Alright, well there is the player over there you seemed to notice." Beat said, stifling a mischievous grin and substituting a helpful tone in his voice and expression on his face while pointing to the player with Cerulean hair. Shield had definitely avoided the girl, but Beat couldn't for the life of him understand why. Running from people seemed like the last thing to do if you were Shield. 

@Shield

Edited by Beat

Illiure nodded at her response. "That does make sense I believe.. But I'd hardly believe anyone would like sweets more than you, and frankly surprised this game lets you inhale that many sweets," she said reluctantly. She took a bite our of the cookie and rested her hand on her lap. "This makes me question what you do in real life.." she bit on her lip to stop her from chuckling and then reverted to her stoic expression. "This is honestly the most lightened I've been in a long time," she sighed. She twiddled with her fingers out of boredom since she couldn't find the words to fit the conversation anymore. "You really are inhuman," she said after a few minutes of being silent. "But you have a kind heart," she said as she turned her head to look Marisa and did something she hasn't done in years, she smiled.

@The Black-White Human

"No," Shield said shortly, not even bothering to explain himself to Beat. For that matter, he didn't even think he could come up with an explanation. He shook the thought off, scanning the room for other new faces to talk to. "Those two seem nice enough, I suppose," he said, pointing to two nearby players who seemed to be conversing with one another. Shield tugged Beat away from the snack table, dragging him towards the two he had picked out.

"Hello," he said, giving both of them a nod in greeting, keeping his features benign, but friendly. "I can't say I've seen either of you before. My name is Shield, of the Celestial Ascendants. Who might you two be? This is my partner, Beat," he added. He was usually wary of giving strangers compliments, particularly in a game populated entirely by gamers who were not always used to such things from strangers. Still, with another man on his arm, he doubted that a casual compliment would be taken the wrong way. "You're both looking quite lovely, if you don't mind my saying."

It was a little maddening to have a ticking time-bomb on his arm. While Beat was perfectly friendly, he seemed to be delighting in causing him humiliation at every opportunity. However, with players he didn't know, Shield had the advantage of walking away and never talking to them again if Beat did anything devastatingly embarrassing. Despite his uncertainty, he held his composure, giving the other players another brief nod to emphasize the sincerity of the compliment.

Do your worst, Beat. It can't be any worse than any of the other surprises you've had for me tonight.

@Illiure @The Black-White Human @Beat

Spencer smiled a bit at the woman, the two of them were kind of matching, it was funny. If the two of them were on a date, they would have worked well. The whole gay thing kind of clouds that opportunity. He laughed in his mind to that, and listened to the woman talking about being a wallflower, and how it sucks to be in the corner all the time. "Yeah... Honestly I've not been having the best time at this event. I've never really had a first dance with a date before. I was kind of hoping that it might happen tonight, that some man would come in and whisk me off my feet and make me feel happy and wanted. But alas, all the men here are on the straight and narrow.... I'm sorry for just giving you all that information all at once, we just met." He laughed and blushed a little bit.

Spencer looked around the room and saw a woman, Minako he though, that was walking towards the two of the, but she turned back around and looked kind of pissed that the two of them were talking. He shrugged a bit and turned to the woman. "Any who. How are you? I've obviously never met you before, considering the fact that we just met at this event." He laughed and rubbed the back of his head. "I'm not the best at talking to people."

@Calypso

"Eh I just like the flavor a lot. Also you can eat as much as ya want here which is pretty awesome~" Smiling at that Marisa starts to reach for another but stops right before doing so. "But now that I think bout it other people may be wantin some as well. So I'll stop grabbin stuff for now." Course hearing the question about what she did marisa only smirks somewhat. "Eh I spose I only did what every other person did. Borrowed a lot of things, studdied, played games and whatever else I did." Waving a hand in the air somewhat dismissively and would mainly listen to what Illiure talking. Course at the inhuman part marisa would chuckle. "Nah I'm just your everyday ordinary human even if others around me may not have been as ordinary."  And getting ready to reply once more to the kind part Marisa notices her smile and smiles widely as well. "Allright! I did better than everyone else that trie-" It was around that moment however that beat and shield walked up, most likely making Illiure hide her expression behind a stoic one again. Sighing slightly at that marisa would however quickly go back to being cheerful.

"Hello and it's nice ta meet the both of you beat and shield. The names Marisa Kirisame though I prefer ta just be called marisa, and this.." Wrapping an arm around Illiure, Marisa smiles somewhat mischievously"This is my friend Illiure who is just dyin to meet some more people and make some friends~" Saying this marisa would hear his compliment and laugh lightly. "Nah I don't mind so thanks! Also I have ta say that you both look good as well, Da Ze~!"

@Illiure @Beat @Shield

Edited by The Black-White Human

Fae rubbed her tummy when she saw that Saphira had brought her a chocolate heart and a jam heart. "Thank you miss Saphira, Fae loves sweets!" Fae thanked as she started to nibble down on the jam heart, savoring the taste. Then Hei came along with lemonade, and Fae grabbed the glass and looked up at him. "Thanks mister Hei! How did you know Fae liked lemonade?" Fae thanked, taking a quick sip of lemonade. This party was turning out great so far, everyone was being so nice to Fae.

But then Tsu asked if she could join the guild and Fae lit up with even more excitement. "Ooh! Of course you can Froggy! As long as you haven't killed anyone, you're set to go! Just message mister Stryder. Or ask miss Eatos, she's around here somewhere." Fae told Tsu, looking around for the blue haired girl. Now there would be another buddy for Fae to play with in the guild.

@Hei @Saphira @Froppy

'Well that cleared things up quickly.' Callie thought as her conversation partner revealed a bit more about himself. While the woman was still unsure of her personal goals for the evening, at least she had a better sense of where this interaction with Spencer might lead. Or at least, where it would not.

"Love isn't easy." She agreed, smiling over the crowd. "Events, and times like these," She continued in reference to the lovers' holiday as a whole, "I think it's the trickiest time of year for us singles." She laughed softly before she turned her face back to the taller man for a few words of encouragement. "But in the five minutes I've known you, Spencer, I'm sure you'll find a guy who's just as kind as you are. And as handsome, if you're lucky." She almost hesitated to throw in the compliment, but now that flirting was off the table between them, she didn't feel as awkward offering it.

Callie's smile held strong, grateful for her relatable company. "Trust me, I understand. Even in SAO, it's hard for me to talk to people someti--" Though she hadn't thought about the hidden weight of her sentence, she hadn't the chance to finish it when a rather obnoxious chorus reached her ears from the entryway. The music, if it could be called as such, had caused her to flinch, and she was just about to try tuning the sounds out when a familiar word--or in this case, name--caught her attention. Perhaps she had just misunderstood the band of screeching NPCs. But as the woman turned to face the front of the ballroom, she managed to catch sight of what she thought was the back of a familiar head. Before she could stare for too long to prove or debunk her assumptions, the well-dressed figure vanished among the crowd in exactly the opposite direction from her.

@Spencer

Minako's heart skipped a bit as she was approached by a boy. He was lean and tall. Silver hair, and behind that kitsune mask he must have been handsome. Was this it? Was this her chance to finally get a boy all to her own? Was she finally not going to spend this event alone? She couldn't find the words to speak, thoughts clouded her mind and she just stood there silent. A few moments pass and Minako gathered her courage to speak up again. But, before she could another woman came in and stanched him away. The color from the world faded, as the hope was lost within Minako. But, a single sentence brought color back. She jumped in the conversation. "I-I don't have a date either!" She blurted out. "S-Sorry. I was just nervous when you approached, I kinda lost my cool for a moment. I'm not used to this kind of crowd." She admitted, fiddling with her fingers. If they weren't interested in dating one another, then she would have her man.

@Steel @Reinka

Telrenya seemed pleased with the idea of entering the couples contest with Jomei. Of course, she seemed a bit hesitant at first, her shyness most likely getting to her. However, his playful comments seemed to sway her in favor of joining in with him, hoping that her entering as well would give her another chance to tease and embarrass Jomei. The ginger simply chuckled, tapping the bottom of her chin with the knuckle of his forefinger, “I’d like to see you try.”

Spotting Piera and Lee on the opposite side of the ballroom, Jomei led Telrenya to where they stood to meet them. “Yeah, I’m happy you both decided to come out, rather then sit in your mansion -- I mean, attending to your oh so busy lives.” he said with a a chuckle, teasing the brunette. Piera’s attention then turned to Telrenya beside her, introducing herself and asking if her date was holding her there against her will. Telrenya took positively to the joke before introducing herself. The ginger bore a wide smile, before going a bit more into detail about his friendship with Piera and the red-suited man who stood next to her. “I’ve known Piera and Lee for a long time. They were both founding members of The Velvet Room with myself and Lowenthal.” 

Jomei looked to the couple in front of them, slowly bringing his arms up to cross at her chest and shifting his weight. "So, I take it you two are entering the Couples Contest as well.. Of course, we can't let you win." he said playfully, glaring at the two before laughing himself. "I'm only kidding, should be a lot of fun. And I'm just happy you guys decided to come out. I know you really wanted to meet Tel." Jomei said, his attention focusing to Piera at the end of his statement. From the sides of the ballroom, Jomei could hear the slow music beginning to pick up in volume, most likely meaning that players were finally deciding to start dancing. Closing his eyes for a moment, he enjoyed the slow, soft melodies that filled the hall. He hoped that once they finished their conversation with the other couple, he could enjoy a dance with Telrenya. 

@Piera@Telrenya@Lee

Illiure narrowed her eyes at Shield and Beat. More people? she sighed, "Illiure," she tapped her heel on the floor. "Nice to meet you," I guess... She nodded both to Beat and Shield. They both look pretty happy. she thought, her stoic expression still remaining on her face. She was already satisfied with one person talking to her at all, but three? "Thank you,"  she muttered after hearing his compliment, more things that don't describe me. She thought frostily as she nibbled on her cookie again, the sweetness of it soothed her. Maybe if I wont talk, he'll only talk to Marisa, nah that wont work, I already said something. She gave herself a mental face palm and sighed. 

Complete strangers walking up to people and complimenting them, what's going on today.. she thought, her eyes concentrating on the floor. Why is everyone wanting to be nice to me lately... she wondered in her head, I didn't do anything to deserve this. She felt really weird knowing that people were actually talking to her.

She went wide eyed at Marisa's remark. "Marisa!" She stared in disbelief at the girl and back to Beat and Shield. "I don't. I really don't, don't believe her," she said to them with a frown.

@The Black-White Human @Beat @Shield

Edited by Illiure