[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

The singer seemed nice, but he it wasn't long before he was being swarmed by two other girls. One he seemed to know, the other, a pink-haired girl, seem to swoon just looking at him.  It was a little annoying, he hadn't even taken a second look at her. While in part, she knew it was pointless, it couldn't not sting her pride a little. Was she just that unattractive compared to the other girls who all wore dresses? Was that the issue, or was it something else? She wasn't sure, but wasn't all for finding out. She zoned out for a moment, going inside her own head as she tried to think was there anyone who would make her swoon? Was it even possible anymore? She shook her head, doubtful after what she did, even if someone did like her. If they learnt the truth, well, they'd hate her like all the rest. Thankfully, no one in Sword Art Online knew that which she buried within her head. 

She looked around as she watched the two other girls, looking namely for the others. Pinball had vanished completely, and Hei was getting food for Fae. And her, she was attempting to flirt with some boy to see if there was any point to it. Great use of her time. She shook her head before realizing the singer had spoken to her, and smiled softly "It...it's fine.." She said softly, looking at the other two girls. Was this, a fight for the boy? She hoped not, purely because it would be a silly fight and one she didn't really want to make an enemy off. She looked at him, it was his hair, of all things, that caught her eyes. It was, so pretty.

"The singing was, impressive. How you can just, stand in front of a crowd. Sure, i love to sing ubt. Don't you worry about people judging you...?" Her confidence, of lack there off, had always crippled her love of singing. For him to just go up in front of dozens and blurt something out, was, well, beyond her to a degree. There was no control, it was just hoping for the best. 

She looked at the other two girls, the pink haired one and the gingery one. She let out a sigh, hoping not to make much tension "A-are you two..enjoying the event?" She wasn't sure if it was right to ask, given she dislike valentines day entirely. But the girls were wearing dresses, maybe they enjoyed the event?

@Steel@Minako@Reinka

Edited by Eatos
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beat didn't try to hide his smile as Shield redirected them to another couple. He had hit something akin to a nerve, but he was also fairly sure his antics had set Shield into a rather touchy state of being, so it was a little early to be sure of that just yet. Still, he would be sure to ask about it in a few months once the heat from his shenanigans tonight finally died down. Shield wasn't normally one to hold a grudge, but beat knew that this would never be forgotten and he was certainly looking at several months of an extra cold shoulder on their adventures.

Beat nodded in greeting the two players Shield had addressed before looking at Shield, "Almost as lovely as you dear. "  He quickly returned his gaze to their new acquaintances, "No offense. I'm probably a little biased. You do look great, love the outfits." He said apologetically, "It's wonderful to meet you."

"So, are you two in a guild? Celestial Ascendants are always looking for new members." He said cheerfully. He found that was he was enjoying making conversation and the feeling inside him that normally urged him to do something for shock value to deal with any awkwardness seemed rather content to remain silent for the time being. 

@Illiure @Shield @The Black-White Human

Edited by Beat

Illiure cringed slightly at his flirty remark but shook her head, "I'm not but I'll think about it,"  her voice flat and emotionless. More complimenting... she sighed and scratched her head in an awkward state. Is it possible to get any more awkard than this? Her eyes moved around to spot something or something to break the tension. She glanced at Marisa and sighed. Last resort.

Illiure grabbed Marisa's shoulders and pushed her in front of herself. "Yes, yes, why don't you talk to them Marisa?" Illiure said through gritted teeth. "I'm sure you'll get along with them just fine," she said in monotonously. She narrowed her eyes at the couple one last time before snatching a jelly filled pastry and shoving it into her mouth. The sweet pastry made her shoulders relax and her face soften. I'm getting you back soon enough Marisa, she thought while chewing on the baked good.

@The Black-White Human @Shield @Beat

Edited by Illiure

Kairi had giggled at his first response, she got a little worried she had hit him a little too quickly with the questions or just had said the wrong thing, however before she could speak to apologize, he had began to speak out answering her questions. She had simply continued dancing and smiled listening to his favorites, learning that he adored the color green, then had said for food he had loved a cooked whiskey steak. Kairi had tilted her head before as she hadn't heard about that before, she had heard about wine being cooked into food, however she never knew that other alcohols could be included in the bunch. Maybe she had never heard of it because of the household she had grew up in, eating more fancier things rather than food most common people would have. Then with a smile he had asked her the same questions that she had asked him, Kairi had said to him "Well, I don't necessarily have a favorite food, but I really do like Italian food, however I do really like White Chocolate!" she had said with a giggle "But for my favorite color, its Pink, however I have found a love for the color blue."

@Macradon

The girl who introduced herself as Marisa seemed friendly enough, but it didn't take long for the other player to hint that she wasn't as interested in socializing. Beat was already making jokes and sparking new conversation, which was typical for him, and Marisa seemed to have a very similar sense of humor to his - namely, she seemed to be teasing her friend and getting quite a kick out of it. Shield let those two distract themselves and sidled very slightly closer to Illiure.

"If you're not into socializing, that's cool," Shield murmured quietly enough that the music and chatter would mask it from other listeners. "Beat's a lot to handle sometimes, but he means well. He's probably going to talk at you quite a bit, but don't feel like you have to talk back. There's nothing wrong with letting the social butterflies do the talking." With that, he returned to the conversation at large, nodding in response to the compliment that Marisa had given them.

"That's kind of you to say," Shield said, giving her a polite smile. "Thank you. Don't pay any mind to Beat here," he said, patting the younger man's forearms in a manner that, to anyone else would seem affectionate. Beat on the other hand would have no problem seeing how condescending of a gesture it was coming from him. "He's a big flirt when we're out and about together, and his heart is much bigger than his brain."

He let out a laugh that was entirely genuine, taking a little pride at dishing something back at Beat after the humiliation they had been through so far. Although Beat had the advantage of preparedness, his fists were much quicker than his wit. This was a ring where Beat wouldn't be able to keep up with him.

@Illiure @The Black-White Human @Beat

Krysta curtsied, and said "Why, of course". Then they began to dance together, starting with something absolutely basic, which, in his mind, Vigilon believed to be a warm-up. The classic, although cliché waltz. "Alright, Vigilon, remember all that Alyssa taught you, for it all pays off here. It aaaaaaalllll pays off here..." Vigilon felt like he was dreaming, but it was real. He felt like he was caught inside a fantasy, yet it was real. He couldn't believe the rate his heart was going, over this moment, and it was all so real. "Why is my heart beating as this pace, for a slow, heartfelt dance like this?" Krysta asked Vigilon about all this. How he felt about this moment without worry. He looked at the other couples in the event, looked back to Krysta, and said, "How could I not see this as wonderful? Almost everyone here is happy to relax, far away from the usual strife... And I can treasure this memory I'm making with you, Jewel. The two of us together...it almost feels like a dream..."

@Krysta

"Eh, don't worry none was taken ze and thanks to you as well!" Even though Marisa herself said that she didn't really like her outfit much to Illiure a bit ago, hearing the compliments makes her smile somewhat more. "Ya know I'm still thinking that my original outfit woulda been perfect as well. But then people would probably think I was a maid or waitress here so I decided against that." Then around the same time as beat's question about them being in a guild is asked Illiure also places herself on the opposite side of Marisa from the two people. Sighing somewhat at this her face still shows a slight smile on it.

"Nah I'm not in a guild and I'm ninety eight percent sure that Illi isn't as well. And thanks for the offer but if I join one that guilds reputation would stick with me and people will start expectin me ta act a certain way rather than as myself. So again, thanks. But I'll just stay by myself and adventure with friends I make from people who are in or outside of guilds." And with that the invitation was rejected with a smile and somewhat(?) valid reasoning before marisa looks to shield. "Don't worry bout it, I didn't mind all that much since I already know what my preferences are, Da Ze~!"

@Shield @Illiure @Beat

Edited by The Black-White Human

Beat smiled at Illiure as retreated from the conversation. She was charming in her own way and her social awkwardness reminded him of himself not so long ago. In fact he would have likely been stuffing his own face with food if not for the purpose of them being at the ball in the first place. "I get it...too many people. No worries." Beat said with a wink to the woman now chewing on a pastry. He stole one last glance before returning his gaze to Marisa as Shield remarked on him again, evoking a wry smile from Beat.

There you go buddy! Roll with the punches! I was going to start feeling like a bully...

"Always good to put the guild message out there," he said casually in response to Shield, "I suppose my heart does tend to win most internal struggles with me, it got me this big guy after all." He added as he squeezed Shield's arm. 

Marisa's words struck a note with Beat. He himself had reluctantly joined the Celestial Ascendants originally for similar reasons. He wasn't exactly a solo player since he and Shield rarely adventured without one another, but he had only agreed to join a guild because of Shield's insisting and the need for help getting to the front lines as quickly as possible. Beat remained jovial, but he was clearly far more invested in the conversation than he was a moment before,
"Some guilds can do that, sure, but I doubt I've even read the code of conduct for our guild. I just try not to hurt people and I refrain from lying, cheating and stealing. Ya know, the basics," Beat said with a laugh, "But I totally understand, no pressure at all." 

@Illiure @The Black-White Human @Shield

Tsu shook her head when Hei offered to get her a drink. "No thank you, I'm not really thirsty at all at the moment, but thank you for the offer, ribbit.Tsu replied before turning her attention back to princess Fae once she started to talk again. Apparently, Tsu could join, all she had to do was ask one of the leaders. Tsu had seen Eatos before earlier, so Tsu began to look for her. "Thanks Fae, I'll be joining you soon then, ribbit!Tsu thanked before walking away from the trio and started to search for Eatos. It didn't take that long for Tsu to find Eatos, as she was about the only girl wearing a suit. "Hey Eatos, sorry for lashing out at you earlier, ribbit. I was just upset. But, Fae just told me that if I wanted to join your guild, I would have to ask you. So, can I join your guild, rrrrrribbit?Tsu asked, tilting her head and putting her hands together.l, hoping for a yes.

@Eatos

Illiure nodded and muttered a small "Thanks.." at the sudden advice from the two player. She shook her head at the thought of being reached and continued nibbling on her jelly pastry. She found it rather reassuring that they were at least trying to help her, not much people would do that. She thought as she continued to watch Marisa and the couple socialize, Marisa seems to be taking this well.. she sighed as she finished her last bit of the pastry.

She watched them for a few minutes, talking about their guild. But she soon became bored and started to toy with her hair again. She gave out a huff of air and spaced out while looking at the columns of pink and white. Her mind went blank for several seconds before she went back to fiddling with her hair. "So exciting..." she muttered in a bored tone.

@The Black-White Human @Beat @Shield

Spencer smiled softly at the sweet words that Calypso, she was a sweet girl and he was surprised that someone had not already dated her and went for her yet. "Thank you Calypso... that was very sweet of you to say to someone that I've just met. And yes it is hard to talk to people sometimes. Glad I've been working at getting out of the way." He shrugged internally and ran a hand through his sandy hair. He Felt the lights slowly move as the dance went on, people passing by candle light making it flicker across his face. The backdrop of the wall behind him was making him have a ghostly look on his face, which was not the most fun thing in the world. He sighed softly, his hand still resting behind his head. He was about to say something else, but he saw the woman Jevi walk by, and he waved to her. "Hey Jevi! How are you doing?" He asked and took a step forward, smiling. "Oh! And this is Calypso. Calypso this is Jevi." He introduced the two women to each other.

He was getting quite bored, and he could tell the woman didn't want to be there also. "I can tell you don't wanna be here that much, would you like to silently judge people with me and Calypso? We've been just a couple of wallflowers right now." He smiled and shrugged, giving the woman the offer.

@Jevi @Calypso

"I guess it's only appropriate that you extended the invitation," Shield said to Beat, for a moment forgetting their little 'lovers' quarrel' as the thought occurred to him. "After all, it was at last year's ball that we were introduced to Hikoru and Morgenstern. They're our direct superiors in the guild, and that's how we ended up joining," he added, making sure the other two weren't left out of the conversation. "In any case, it's okay to not join guilds. Just make sure to find people you trust," he added with a meaningful tone. It was hardly intended to be ominous, just very frank. "The vast majority of players just want to get out and get home, but there are some people who would legitimately do you harm. Be safe, you know?"

Shield didn't let it show, but for a moment, he kicked himself on the inside despite his polite smile. He was a private person and wasn't eager to have even most of the players he did know personally have a lot of extra information about his real life. Not that he had revealed anything specific - not yet - but he had some bad habits about being overtly protective of the players around him.

These are people I don't even know, and I'm already shifting into 'dad mode.' People in here don't need to know about that side of my life. 

Over the conversation, Shield heard the little grumbling from Illiure and smirked a little to himself.

Not exactly my scene either, kid.

He didn't want to insinuate that he wasn't having a good time. He wasn't, but that wasn't the point. He needed to maintain his polite air while they were there, which he continued to do. Still, he wanted to at least give the bored player some thoughts to chew on.

"I get that not everyone is into this kinda event," he said, giving her a half shrug. "Still, did you expect it to be different? You're here now. Might as well try to enjoy yourself, right? We can keep your friend here entertained if you want to take a short walk around or find other company, but you're more than welcome to join in if you're bored. Up to you. Events like this are whatever you make of them."

@Illiure @The Black-White Human @Beat

Illiure shook her head. "I'm fine where I am," she said plainly while adjusting the black red feathers on her vermillion mask so that they wouldn't bother her when she moved her head.  "And if all events are like this, I might just not got to anymore," she said as her lips turned into a small frown. They were indeed keeping Marisa entertained but I'm fine standing here on the side. She thought with a tang of both happiness for her friend and sadness that she couldn't be part of it. Those people suit her better. she told herself. She looked at Marisa. You sure are something different Marisa. She thought happily. 

Maybe I should just leave, I'm not even doing anything here.. Her hands instinctively went to the table of the and grabbed another random pastry that sat on a dish from the table, this time it it was an X shaped sugar cookie. She bit into it and went back to spacing out while staring at nothing. Different. 

@The Black-White Human@Beat@Shield

Edited by Illiure

Krysta thought about the first part of Vigilon's answer. She looked to her left and to her right, noticing the couples around. Despite that they were competition, possibly rivals, to Her and Vigilon, she was happy to know they were enjoying the event. "I see what you mean. Almost everyone seems so happy..." She turned her head back to him and said, "Of course, I couldn't possibly be happier, since I'm having this wonderful moment with you, Alex. I, too, feel like I'm dreaming..." Her heart was beating faster and faster. Was it the feelings welling up from within or something? She hoped she wasn't going too fast, not only that, but the wonderful dancing, the soft, beautiful music, and the fact that she and Vigilon loved each other, it was practically a special moment or mood. Her feelings were building up, possibly leading to an action that might be considered going too fast. Their relationship had only begun, this was their first dance as a couple! And yet she was getting the urge to kiss him. This moment had been unlike any other so far, and she hadn't ever felt such feelings to this extreme in her life! She did what she could to keep the urge at bay, and just enjoy the music and the dance with Vigilon.

@Vigilon

"Thanks for understandin beat. And don't worry bout me, I tend ta find people like that quite often so far!" Smiling to them lightly marisa starts to reach to grab another snack before freezing slightly. Then her eyes going somewhat wide she opens up her menu and starts to scroll through it before looking to beat and shield with a somewhat calmer expression. "Hey sorry for this after just startin to talk ta both of you. But I just realized I forgot somethin important back at the place I'm stayin at, so I've got to head out for a bit. I do wish ya both a fun time while your here and I will be back later!" Saying this to both of them Marisa then turns to look at Illiure. "Hey sorry for the suddenness. But would ya like to come with me ze? If not feel free ta wait here or somethin cause I will be back in a bit, but as ya might have heard while talking to those two I forgot somethin really important."

@Shield @Illiure @Beat

[Marisa has (Temporarily) left the rp]

Edited by The Black-White Human
Forgot to add that at the end >>

"I'll stay here, thanks though," she said patting Marisa on her shoulder. It has been interesting so far, Marisa made sure of that. She thought. "Go do whatever you want to do, I'll be here munching on food," she said holding up the cookie in her hand. "I'll probably just go back to my place for a few minutes and come back to get away from the crowd," she said. That might be a better idea, yeah, I'll just come back later. She thought as she started eating her cookie again.

"I'll see you later I guess?" she said, hoping that she would indeed meet up with Marisa some point again in the future. I have to admit, I has been a little bit fun, not a total bust like I'd thought it would be.. she thought to herself. She looked back to Marisa. Yeah, it has been fun. Illiure thought happily. "Bye, for now,"  Illiure patted her on the head.

@The Black-White Human

After all that Kimi said to start conversation she was really just curious to what Hestia would say about her confused feelings that flooded her mind more and more as she stood there on the stage with Hestia in front of her. The two didn't share to many moments, but Kimi was always fond of having her by her side and looked forward to seeing Hestia in each quest they did together. She never really noticed until now how much she relied on her from time to time as someone to talk to.

Soon Kimi's heart started to slowly race as the redness on her face became almost unbearable. She kept her head down not daring to show Hestia how badly she was blushing from all that is happening. Kimi hoped that Hestia would skip over the mention of how she felt, but she already voiced what was on her mind. To no surprise Hestia brought up what Kimi said which flooded her mind with different feelings and gave her butterflies. One thing that Hestia voiced reached her ears as everything else seemed inaudible and that was, "To let her feelings guide her." 

As that phrase echoed inside Kimi's head clearing up the mess of feelings she had. Kimi cursed in a very low whisper, brought up her head, looked up at Hestia, and quickly tip toed to plant her lips onto Hestia's. The moment was only for a split second as Kimi held onto Hestia tighter burying her face once more into her shoulder. Even thought it was only for a moment she felt as if it paused the world for a bit.

@Hestia

"Well.." Jevi said shifting her eyes to look at the pinkette next to her, the corner of her mouth pulling into a smirk. "I guess you can say Ruby and I are... pretty close." she  left the comment vague yet obvious to read. Hestia and Kimi had left the group to wander the ballroom on their own, leaving Jevi and Ruby alone. "This.. really is some interesting party..huh?" she said bashfully, words for what to say to the woman escaping her. Jevi did not necesarilly mind social gatherings.. but ones on this scale, especially ones where she had to put on a dress, made her a bit uncomfortable. However, all of her friends were there.. and she would make the best of it. 

As they slowly wandered, they walked past Spencer again, who stood with a blue haired girl speaking. "Hello again Spencer." Jevi said with a small giggle, "You know.. trying to find some fun in this. I see you've made a friend though" her golden eyes shifted to the girl who was speaking with Spencer. "Its a pleasure to meet you Calypso." Jevi reached out a hand to greet the girl, "And this here is Ruby."  she ended by addressing the blonde next to her. 

@Spencer@Calypso@Ruby

I just hold you a bit close as we continue to dance as i look down at you waiting to see what your reaction will be. Smiling rather happily during this moment as i think back to what i have done with you during our time knowing each other. having gone a few quests together, and having taken on the foes each time with relative ease, and always together. Each attempt being swift end, but even then now that i think about it. The end always wasn't the enjoyable part in fact it seemed the worst. Since when the end of the quest happened it would mean i would have to leave you for some amount of time until i could see you again. I smile rather happily during the one time it wasn't which lead to a rather enlightening journey. The Cerberus quest where it was a lot more emotional and bonding then any other moment i have had with another individual.

I see your head raise up interrupting my thoughts as i see you're blushing face as i can only assume it is from something, but not being entirely sure until i feel your lips against mine. I stop dancing right their my eyes widening for only a brief moment. I quickly though wrap my arms around you and returns the kiss as my entire posture relaxes even more if it was possible. As the small brief moment seems to go on for such a long time. A little snap shot that i have a feeling i will never forget ever in my life. When it ends my face is bright red almost as if it is trying to match your head. So..uh..um...yeah..uhh. I say stuttering and trying to form words that try to make sense of what just happened. 'Get it together girl and just say it!' I think to myself as i quickly say the words in rapid succession. So how do you feel about me? I ask while blushing even more red if it is possible. And how do you want to continue? i ask the second question being much more calm after i basically machine gunned the first question in terms of how fast i had said it.

Dazia was feeling uncomfortable just standing around, while everyone else either had a date, was still searching for one, or crowding the food table. Clearly, the turnout of the amount of players for this event had practically exploded. She heard a voice come from nearby, but the ribbit gave away the voice's identity. "Hm? Oh. Tsu. Honestly, it's a bit of a long story, which began when Yinangi dragged me here by beating me in rock paper scissors. Word of advice, Rock shouldn't always be a go-to choice." It wasn't long before Tsu was chatting with other players again, so Dazia looked around to see what Yinangi was up to. Yinangi was a little disappointed when Fae had only waved to her. She was actually hoping for some conversation with someone who wasn't older than her for once. Literally all she could do here was try to enjoy the event and have conversations, since there was no male in sight that was around her age. She decided to walk up to two players near the food table. "Hiya! How are you today?" It was only a few minutes before she got a ridiculous idea. "Hey! Dazia! Over here! Talk to someone for once! You might even have a shot at something!" Dazia looked over to where Yinangi was calling out from, seeing where the girl was, the two male players near her. "Yinangi..." For the record, however, Dazia was sick of just standing around doing nothing while other players danced, leaving her in an awkward situation. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say Cupid and Yinangi were trying to work together and came up with schemes filled with desperation." Dazia walked over, and was also worried that someone else single may have heard Yinangi call out, and start running over.

@Froppy

@H3LL0 @Benjamin Bookworm