[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

Shield waved to Marisa as she departed. "It was nice to talk to you," he added to her retreating back. Such was the nature of such large gatherings. It was a little more than he enjoyed.Too much movement and people coming and going, but it was his lot for the evening, so he would do his best to make the most of it. He turned to the other young woman.

"Well, Illiure, if you'd like to be left alone to your snacks, we can oblige," he said. Giving an extra nod to reassure her. Most people might consider it rude to want other players to leave, but he probably would have felt a little overwhelmed in her place with now two total strangers to deal with. "There are plenty of players Beat and I can find to talk to."

In truth, the more he knew whoever they spoke to, the more leverage Beat would have to embarrass him with his antics, so this conversation seemed much safer for now. It was at this point that he realized that he had been doing an exceedingly poor job of acting like part of a couple. He managed to keep his features pleasant and polite, but he was having a hard time keeping his jaw from tightening.

If we're going to enter the stupid contest, then we're going to have to start acting like more of a couple. If Illiure leaves, we might have to start... dancing...

Shield's face turned sour, forgetting himself and his manners in that moment at the nightmare that a dance would likely be. With a start, he remembered himself, covering the odd shift in expression with a loud cough, as if he had once again had something caught in his throat.

"Ahem-hem! Ugh- pardon me," he said, putting on a smile once again for the crowd around them. "Would you mind? I need a good drink right now - that is to say, I'm grabbing some punch. Should I get you come as well," he said, bracing himself for how ridiculous the next bit would sound, "Sugar-Beat?" He had no idea how he kept managing to get those words out of his mouth with a straight face, but so far, he was maintaining himself.

Keep it together... just keep it together... it's only one night...

He got one final fleeting image of the two of them on the dance floor, Beat capering about with Shield being dragged in tow before letting go of Beat's arm and making a beeline for the punch bowl. Over his shoulder, he blurted, "Okayberightbackbye!"

Once beside the punch bowl, he immediately downed an entire glass before refilling it and pounding that down as well.

@Illiure @Beat @The Black-White Human

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(OOC: Go on, @Krysta, do it. I dare you. No, seriously, there's nothing stopping you from doing so.)

Vigilon was happy to know that Krysta was in agreement with Vigilon's answer. As he continued to dance with Krysta, he took in the situation that was unfolding. While most people were just chatting, he was among the few who were dancing. There was soft, slow music playing, the interior of the building they were in was colored in the expected, cliché red, white, and pink, although at this point, Vigilon didn't care. Finally, he was dancing with the girl that he loved, and it was as if nothing could be better. "You know, some people say that dancing and combat aren't as different as they seem, although a wrong move on the dance floor merely leads to a swollen foot. Some people have actually managed to apply dance into combat." About a few minutes after, he decided to give Krysta a twirl before transitioning the dance to the slow, simple, but heartfelt slight swaying, like the kind seen in movies, and maybe a few shows. He had both hands to her waist, which would leave Krysta's hands on his shoulders. Something seemed up with Krysta. "...Is something on your mind, Jewel? Don't be afraid to speak, I'm sure you'll be fine if you do."

"Relationship problems?" Illiure asked, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow underneath her mask while he was chugging the punch. Eugh, relationships. I would never dream of it. She thought, her face turning sour at the thought of her and a relationship but dispersed into her stoic one a few heartbeats later. She found this particularly amusing and humorous. You got yourself into it, it's your fault you're in this mess. She wanted to say but bit her tongue before she could say anything, knowing her manners.

"What is it with people and relationships, I find it pretty useless when you're stuck in a game," she said, sounding more harsh than she intended to. "But we all have different minds, even if I do think its taboo, many people don't, sadly.." she muttered the last part. He probably thinks I'm going crazy, she thought, her hands twitching in annoyance. She looked up to see couples dancing in delight, and sighed.

@Shield

Edited by Illiure

(OOC: Easy now, Vig, I was gonna do it anyway. Just a little hesitation, that's all. XD)

"Interesting words, Alex. I'm actually starting to wonder which styles of dance are compatible with a rapier...but back to this moment, for I hope to enjoy every second of it." Krysta twirled about a few minutes after her response. She continued to keep her urges in check, but it seemed to be heading towards unavoidable. The two had transitioned their dance to another common slow dance, and Krysta's feelings were getting stronger and were practically trying to break down the emotional gate she had set up to keep things from going too fast. Vigilon asked her if something was on her mind, and that she shouldn't be afraid to speak. "I-it's nothing, Alex, I...I-I...." And her feelings burst through. It was as if something came over her entirely, and she closed her eyes as she leaned in and kissed Vigilon. This lasted for about seven seconds, and Krysta became worried that she had gone so far too soon.

@Vigilon

As Kimi recovered and just realized what she did. Her face lit up again and her mind flooded once more with mixed feeling and plethora of emotions. Hestia then asked Kimi what she felt for her which only made Kimi's emotions flair up. "I-I-I'm not too sure myself." Kimi said with a shaken voice as her head was still buried into Hestia's shoulder. "You said just go with what i'm feeling and I feel that I like you, i KNOW that i like you." Kimi said making it more clear before continuing. "but I want to get to know you more also." Kimi was screeching inside herself trying to clear up all the things that were running through her mind, but nothing was helping. She let out a little shaking sigh as she knows that she probably made it weird between them. Tears started to swell up within her as she thought about what happened if she ruined what they had. 

@Hestia

Beat's eyes widened as he smiled in amusement at Shield's loss of composure. That was the goal for the night after all, getting to see the "Immovable Object" lose his usual cool, collected appearance. He looked to Illiure with a warm smile, "He always gets this way on Valentine's day. He has to be the tough guy, even though he's a big softy inside," he said, mocking a muscled brute and making a funny face at the end of his words, "I'll be right back."

He walked over to Shield and grabbed a cup and filled it with punch, looking at Shield with a little less amusement than before, "Hey man, you don't have to do the pet names if it's getting to you. You act like you're constipated when you say them. Comes off very unnatural." He said, patting his friend on the back as he returned to Illiure, now able to absorb what she had said as he took a sip of punch. 

I dunno about that. Too bad I can't tell her Shield and I only married for the bonuses. 

Beat took another sip to consider how to give her another perspective without revealing the true nature of him and Shield's relationship. His expression was still friendly, but the tone of his voice had certainly turned a little more solemn, "This game gets lonely alone sometimes. For all we know, we'll be here forever, so I wouldn't necessarily call this a game anymore." Beat shrugged, trying to lighten the effect of his words and shake off the dip in emotion he had felt at his own words.

@Shield @Illiure

Edited by Beat

I blush a bit as i look down at you finding myself trying to pull for words to say at this moment as i look at you. We-well umm if you kissed me i think that you might love me as more then a sister figure. I say with a blush on my face as i then pause once more to try and think of the right thing to say in this scenario. Not being a love expert by any means. Just knowing snips and clips from bad cheesy romance movies, and second hand things from those who have been in relationships. None of them helping out in this exact scenario. 'Well if i don't know what to say. Then it is time to stop thinking and act like always.' I think to myself just going with the flow. Figuring over thinking things might be worse. Well if you want to get to know me more Kimi we could do so, but maybe take it slowly you know? Since it seems like we're both a bit of a mess right now. I say in a nervous but joking tone trying to lighten up the mood. And i want to get to know you more also Kimi, and honestly you seem like a really sweet and kind girl that worried about others. Soo i would love being with you honestly. I say softly just loud enough for only you to hear as i blush red as i look down at you. 'I said it. Their is no going back. Just stand by the decisions that are made from what you said. You did you best.' I think to myself to give me conviction like always to not worry about what i said.

With a moment away from prying eyes and the shroud of sound from the dance floor, Shield allowed himself a candid moment with his 'hubby.' He kept his eyes forward, pretending to enjoy his punch as he watched the twirling and lilting on the dance floor, interrupted by the occasional impromptu make-out sessions that seemed to be breaking out here and there.

"Bite me, Sugar-Beat," he mumbled through a cheerful, toothy smile, nodding and waving to a few players who were passing by. "Keep it up and my foot is gonna see to it that you're constipated until the next floor boss."

He waited until Beat had turned his back and filled a second separate cup with punch, returning just behind him to Illiure, considerably better put together after allowing himself a brief freak-out moment. His impenetrable armor was back up and - for the most part - restored to its original strength. He continued to brace himself for what he was sure would be a whirlwind evening.

"Sorry to take off like that," he said, rubbing his Adam's apple. "I must have inhaled some dust or something. That drink hit the spot. You forgot yours, silly," he said, handing Beat the now full cup of punch, intentionally not concealing a wry smile of his own. "Drink up. It's served up with extra love, babe." He hadn't put anything into it, but even if Beat guessed as much, given everything Shield had been through, he knew that ruling out that option entirely would be very difficult to do at the current moment.

@Beat @Illiure

Edited by Shield

Piera was mildly surprised at the sudden friend request from the girl they had only just met but shrugged it off. Why not, after all? Accepting the request, she had her earlier quandary remedied. Minako was her name. Shaking her head and causing her earrings to swing slightly, the golden masked woman tsked at Lee's comment. "We see you, dummy. We have eyes." Said eyes twinkled with amusement and affection, her grip on his arm tightening slightly in a loving squeeze. Though at his odd wording of entering the contest, the alchemist couldn't help but roll her eyes slightly. "Yes, 'maybe'. You don't know the competition like I do. We're not as young as we used to be hun." The woman sighed.

It seemed she quickly found an interesting possible 'date' and just as Piera was about to wish the girl good luck, it seemed another swooped in for the 'kill', much to the younger girl's displeasure. The alchemist couldn't help but laugh under her breath at her reaction. Ah to be young~ Nodding along with Lee's vocal support she added, "We gotcha covered." Giving a sly wink to Lee, knowing he'd get the reference.

Over the din of background music and conversation, a true chorus of voices sang out one of the most ridiculous songs she'd ever heard, causing the healer's head to swivel in the direction it was coming from. She couldn't see where exactly it was coming from, but she certainly heard it! Shaking her head with amusement, the brunette wondered if that was Shield or if it was just using the term shield. Hard to tell but funny nonetheless. It was hard to picture the man using such fanfare though, so perhaps not.

After approaching Jomei and Telrenya, the brunette only answered his jab with sticking her tongue out at him, the childish reply somewhat ruining her otherwise chic appearance. "Yer just jealous of our mansion." Though her slight snootiness morphed into a smile, having fun joking with the Irishman after so long apart. It was a good sign that the blonde on his arm laughed along with the joke. She did have a nice curtsy and in answer to her introduction, Piera drew her free right hand up to her chest, her eyes closing in a demure pose as she bowed her torso forward in lieu of a curtsy considering the nature of her dress' skirt.

"It's good to finally meet you too Telrenya." There wasn't a need to introduce herself since Jomei had already done that for them. Piera didn't bother correcting the guild leader about Lee being a founder. He wasn't entirely wrong to be honest. Though Lee never officially joined the guild, he helped out and participated in things.

When Jomei drew himself up to full height with a crossing of his arms, Piera did much the same, except kept her arm tightly around Lee's, giving her friend a cool and confident smile. "May the best couple win~" She said in a foreboding manner before chuckling as well. Ducking her head slightly in admission to the ginger's call out about wanting to meet his lady love, the alchemist stated, "You're not wrong. Though I hope we can meet up again and get to know each other a bit. It's a tad loud and crowded to do that properly right now." As if on cue, she heard another song start up, causing Jomei start to sway slightly and try to catch Tel's eye. Taking the hint, she tapped a finger on Lee's arm. "I think we'll go and scope out some more of the competition and give you guys a bit more alone time. Maybe we can catch a dance later." Though considering she wanted to dance with Telrenya, she wondered if Jomei would dance with Lee. It was a rather cute image at least even if it didn't happen.

Gently leading her partner away from the other couple, Piera sighed lightly and murmured to him, "I hope they work out. Guy seems to be a magnet for heartbreak." Speaking of heartbreak, it was then that she saw a fellow brunette over at the punch bowl. "Ohey, that's Shield. The guy that helped me with the um... essence of...tankliness? Or steel something."

Walking arm in arm with Lee in the direction of the tank, she noted that he was slamming the punch back with a quickness. "Whoa, who spiked the punch?" Piera asked herself. He seemed to look rather flustered prompting her concern to follow him after he left the punch and go back to a man in a nearly completely pink suit and a woman. She wondered which he came with.

Approaching the trio with a smile, Piera caught his eye and said in an easy going tone, "Shield, it's good to see you again. I admit I'm somewhat surprised to see you here though. Doesn't seem like your kind of scene." Then realizing that she was being a bit rude, Piera introduced. "Ah, um, Shield this is my fiance, Lee. Lee, this is Shield. And yes he does wield a Shield." Ahhh she would never get tired of saying that. Nodding in greeting to the other four, the alchemist greeted, "Hello. Sorry if we're interrupting anything. I'm Piera."

Spoiler

5a8139feb4442_ValentinePiera2render.thumb.png.1ebf9f0a7f9d9adee483814a9e911ff0.png

@Minako, @Lee, @Jomei, @Telrenya, @Shield, @Beat, @Illiure

Edited by Piera

Krysta seemed to become curious about what dance styles were compatible with a rapier, which there was nothing wrong with. Krysta then suddenly changed the subject back to the two of them dancing together. Like combat, dancing did require most of one's focus, so it would be hard to argue with that...even though the two spoke to one another as they danced. Krysta seemed to try and brush off what was on her mind, but she seemed to fail at it, and leaned in to kiss Vigilon. And that, is how Vigilon lost track of his heart rate. Nothing he could do could mentally measure how fast his heart was beating. He got the butterflies in stomach effect, and his feelings were moving throughout his body at, say, seventy-five miles per hour? Or at least, that's how it felt. Krysta then seemed a little worried. The thoughts in Vigilon's mind were quickly coming to a decision as he looked at her sweet face. The action he took, after two minutes or one and a half minutes of silence, was to kiss her back. What else could he do? Certainly nothing in his mind at the time!

@Krysta

Edited by Vigilon

Hestia mentioned that she thought Kimi saw her as a sister figure and Kimi could only say, "I've never seen you as such. I only kept the guild mom and dad thing, but for you it was different." Kimi kept her head buried still, but made sure she was still able to be heard to Hestia. Hestia then went to exchange her feelings and thought on what was happening now. Kimi finally took her head off Hestia's shoulder as she felt the heat from her face die down. "Taking it slow would be nice." Kimi said with a very pleasant smile. "I don't want to rush into things without knowing what i might get myself into." Kimi giggled a bit at her joke on how both of them were emotional messes. Kimi resumed dancing with Hestia since they just shared a meaningful moment and didn't want other people gaze get to them. "I hope this is the right thing." Kimi thought questioning herself as she really wanted to know Hestia more before anything else. The feelings though really drove her to confess a bit and even kiss her so that was a nice spectacle for the surrounding crowd. "At least my feeling for you are clearer now. I really do like you and want to take things slow." Kimi said looking into her eyes as they continued to sway back and forth to the music again.

I blush even more hearing that my idea of how you viewed the entire guild was incorrect as i don't look away though figuring that by showing my blush might be a good first step in any relationship that could be serious. To make sure all emotions are shown truly and not hidden from one another. Well how did you view me before? I ask curiously wondering the answer to that if it wasn't as a sort of sister type figure. I smile happily as we begin to dance as it at least allows us to have something else to focus on to some minor extent feeling rather happy that you agree moving slower would be better for this situation. Hey Kim i know we both agreed that taking things slowly could be nice, but they do have a couples contest thing going on at this masquerade, so maybe would you want to try and signup? To see what happens? I ask the girl curiously knowing that their isn't a high chance of them winning since people probably don't know them, and just like every other thing when it comes to voting it always ends up being a popularity contest of some sort then anything else. Also yeah i am happy that things are more clearer on how we feel about each other Kimi. It is really nice to how we view each other, and i am happy we're taking it slowly rather then diving right head in. I say in a kind smile as i avoid saying the unsaid thoughts. 'Unlike last time.'

@Kimi

"Well i've always seen you as someone I can rely on, someone who is trust worthy and dependable." Kimi said answering Hestia's question. "I've just always played with the idea of Jomei as guild dad and Telrenya as guild mom for a joke. Also since they kinda hold that position there so it makes sense." Kimi said shrugging giving a little giggle. "If you were thinking about what kind of feelings i've had for you since we met. I'll be honest and say I didn't hold many special feelings, but there was always something that was there when we quest together." Kimi said pondering the times they spent together trying to figure out her exact feelings. "I've never really noticed it, but something was there and I want to explore it." Kimi let that sink in for a moment hoping that Hestia wouldn't get the wrong idea. Hestia then went on to mention a couples contest which Kimi completely forgot about. "Sure i'm all up for it!" She said excitedly trying to take her mind off the serious topic. "I'm not really sure what to do though." Kimi said bushing a bit, "I've never been in a relationship before."

I smile rather happily hearing that you at least trusted me, and could depend on me.  Well i don't know about Mom, or Dad type deal but at least Jomei is definitely the dependable type for things. He has shown plenty of times he is able to fight off enemies with absolute ease. Be it the Iron Guardian quest i did with him, or during the first Arabian night. I say with a chuckle at remembering that. Also Jomei is able to comfort if you're not feeling all that great. i say with a smile remembering him having comforted me after myself having seen him kill a player in front of my eyes. After that i nod my head with a small happy smile at the idea of exploring these feelings we have with one another, and seeing where they lead us in the end. Yeah there was something when we quested i feel to. It seemed so much fun every single time i did one with you, and i never felt bored or awkward at all. Like as if every little activity was just that much greater and entertaining when it was spent with you. And- I cut myself off with a blush. I'm probably rambling aren't i? I ask in a embarrassed tone of voice.

When you agree to sign up i do nod my head and stops dancing, and holds your hand once more as i look around the masquerade room until i see a NPC at a table that has couples contest written on it in elegant font, and style as i nod my head and then makes my way over to the NPC feeling nervousness and excitement well up within me. well- I pause in response to never being in a relationship. Having planned to say i have been, but when i think back while there was some sort of connection there possibly wasn't much else. I'm in the same boat Kimi never been in a relationship myself that could be viewed as trying to be taken slow, and what i feel like could be a real one. I say in a calm tone of voice with a smile.

@Kimi

"Young as we used too? The hell old you think we are? I am so young. totally hip and happening. I do all the fly things that the children love to do." He would say jokingly to his significant other. As she spoke the gottcha covered line, he quickly shot his eyes toward her and tried to force his smile away but was obviously failing.

Lee would turn his attentions and smile as Jomei made his presence known to them along with his date that Piera had mentioned from time to time. Though, he couldn't recall much of any real details. He could have sworn that they had went out a few times but then again, that could be said about many different people in Piera's social life. It wasn't that he was ignoring her talks but it was simply that unless they involved themselves in his own life, it mattered little in the grander scheme of things. Though, Jomei seemed more than happy with his outing to the shindig so she had to be good people.

As Jomei spoke of his happiness of seeing them out and about Lee would chime in after Piera. "Hey, there are a lot of chairs in there and I have to sit in all of them to claim proper ownership. It's a tough job." As Piera and Lee were introduced to his date, Lee would place a hand onto his chest and give a courteous bow along with Piera. "A pleasure Telrenya." As they all regained their postures, Piera spoke of letting the best couple win to which Lee would complement "Yeah, I plan on it. All by myself. MVP." He would say jokingly though shortly after, Piera began to lead him away, aiming let Jomei and Telrenya mingle with others before coming to a head on the dance floor at some point in the future, Lee would wave his goodbye "See ya at the winners circle, platform thing."

As they were walking off, Piera would speak of the ill nature of the heart that seemed to follow Jomei. "Nah, he good. I mean, throw enough darts, you'll be bound to hit something, hell, it'll make you better at throwing darts. Or upgrade to something that can't miss. Whichever comes first." It would seem that the direction she moved them in was that of the famed Punch Bowl which caused him to chuckle to himself at the irony. Once there, Piera spoke to a player by the name of Shield and she confirmed that he did, in fact, use a shield. Lee would snap his fingers in false disappointment "Da*n, would have been funnier if you used anything but." Lee would then turn to the group of unknowns and raise a hand in greeting "And I am Lee. Sorry not sorry."

Spoiler

Valentine_Lee_2.png

@Jomei, @Telrenya, @Shield, @Beat, @Illiure @Piera

Edited by Lee

Macradon smiled at Kairi telling him about herself. It was nice listening to someone else for a change, it wasn’t just him trying to answer and defend the reasoning behind his actions when they were the only thing Macradon had in mind to do at that time, now, everything was more calm, it wasn’t him going on about who deserves to be jailed and who shouldn’t, it was a light hearted party, and Kairi’s response was just heart warming for Macradon, it was the kind of response he really needed. Nodding at the notion of Italian Cuisine, Macradon agreed “Italian food is great, I like it a lot too”. Kairi had explained that her favorite color was pink, but she also had come to love the color blue. It was extremely notable when she first went into his shop, wanting a big pink sword and a blue armor. He would just smile and nod without commenting too much upon it.

@Kairi

As he heard the familiar voice of Piera, his spine went rigid, and although his facial expression remained as carefree as it had the moment before, he could feel his jaw trying to tighten again. He denied it the nervous reflex and turned with a toothy grin to greet the couple that was approaching.

"It's true that I'm hardly the overly social type," Shield said, acknowledging her sentiment. "Still, anywhere that Beat goes is where my scene is." It was cheesy, and even when he had been married previously in his non-sham marriage, such sentiments would have seemed trite. Still, thinking about the dilemma of the punch that he had presented to Beat, it was easy enough to keep an amused little smile on his lips. "Drink up, dear. It'd be rude to refuse," he added, shooting Beat a sidelong smirk.

At the introduction, Shield extended a hand to Lee. Despite Beat being older than most of the players, it was rare that Shield felt as if he had company that was properly in his own age range. Pseudo-sentimentality aside, he was genuinely relieved to talk to more players with a few years under their belts.

"Good to meet you, Lee," he said with a firm nod of his head. "Piera speaks well of you. She was thrown - rather unexpectedly at the time, I think - into the role of being a good friend at a rough time in addition to the role of questing companion, but regardless, she's proven to be solid at both. It's good to have someone like that on your team."

As best he could remember that evening, Shield had been in need of a real drink, which Piera had provided the closest substitute, as well as an ear and a shoulder to hold him up as he stumbled his way home afterward. It was one of his truly weaker moments in his time in Aincrad. He was not proud of it, but he was glad that he had someone to confide in. It may not have changed or fixed anything, but it had still been something he needed, whether or not he was aware of it at the time.

"It's good to see you again, Piera," he said, keeping the conversation as best he could on subjects where he could be sincere, at least for a little longer. While it was true that he was not looking forward to talking up his 'relationship' to her, especially after her having heard about the garbage heap that was his previous marriage, now that she was here, he was glad for it. "And it's good to finally put a face to the name, Lee."

Why does Piera keep finding me right in the middle of trying to drink my troubles away on things that aren't actually alcoholic?

@Beat @Piera @Lee

Hikoru, hearing about the event at the last second, had been preparing for most of the evening. After seeing where a few of the people on his friends list were, and tried to get Vale to go but was unable to get a hold of her. He gave a sigh as he appeared on the 11th floor, the floor where he hadn't really explored much and still needed to send scouts to survey the area. He decided to go against his better judgement and go without his cloak on. Although a choice few knew what he looked like, it would be obvious who he was if he came with the cloak draped on his shoulder. He was about to enter, when a guard stopped him and asked if he had a mask. He took another glance at the announcement, and saw that is was a masquerade ball. He grit his teeth as he turned tail to a nearest stall, grabbing a mask that hid his face well and he appeared back at the gate, the guard then letting him in. His familiar wanted to come inside, but Hikoru knew that Sir Rolland would give away who he was. He told him to go and eat at the table of snacks, where he licked his lips and left him. People would know he was there if they recognized the tiny pumpking at the party, but the wouldn't know who he was. Donning the mask, he made his way into the area, filtering through the area and becoming invisible within the crowd, until he bumped into another person within the crowds ( @Macradon). He coughed and held up a hand. 

"Apologies, I didn't see where I was going. Was too focused on trying to find a quiet place to stay and watch." He said, then blinked twice as he tried to recognize who it was, but he mask made it twice as hard for him.

Looks and Mask:

Spoiler

Pure-handmade-Italy-Venice-Mask-Masquera

231767-karneval-gareki-with-circus-horns

Beat's grin widened as Shield's resolve had clearly returned. It had been fun to crack the stoic player's armor, but with that milestone achieved, the much more interesting game could begin. Beat's knack for exploiting peoples' weaknesses vs Shield's superior wit. His brow rose Shield handed him a second cup of punch and, for a split second, Beat had to feel to be sure he had his cup before understanding the situation. He smiled at his partner and rose the cup up, "Indeed it would. Cheers love." 

Beat placed the cup at his lips and quickly drank the entirety of its contents, his eyes locked to Shields as he did his best to detect any sort of tampering. As far as he knew, poison was the only method with which to alter a drink in the game and his HUD would have displayed the debuff immediately if it had been something that could induce a status effect. Beat quickly concluded that it had been a ruse to shake him up and, admittedly, it had made Beat uncertain for a moment after he had called the bluff. This was a declaration of war, one Beat was more than up for. 

Flavor is fine as well...gonna have to try better than that my friend. Game on. 

"The love adds a distinct flavor for sure." He said with a confident smile and a wink. 

Beat's eyes moved between Shield and Piera as the woman spoke. It was unusual for Shield to have friends, but he was a fairly private person, so it was always possible he had simply never mentioned her. At any rate, this was an opportunity to find out more about Shield if he played his cards right. Beat looked to the couple and smiled warmly, looping his arm around Shield's, "Nice to meet you, I'm Beat, Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants." His gaze focused on Piera as he spoke again, "It's not often I get to meet one of Shield's friends, where did you meet my hubby?"

@Shield @Lee @Piera 

Edited by Beat

@Steel

"Yeah, I don't have a date either. Ha, I was a little embarrassed about walking in here alone, but I decided to own it you know? Hm, oh I know Hei, he made my dress for this evening." She replied. "I want to thank him, if people ask me about the dress I'll point him out, he did a good job. He's working on my armor too, but the next quest I have to do involves fighting monsters....Would you mind spotting me?" She asked him.

@Minako

She wondered if they knew each other too, but Steel hadn't pointed her out before still, it would be nice to get to know other people. She smiled happily at her and wondered what she was like as well. She saw her chat with Steel and smiled.

@Eatos

She saw the person she felt they might be having a tough time at the party. She smiled at her.
"To be fair I'm not sure what to do at this party. It's pretty extravagant here though don't you think?" She wondered how she'd get to know these two people better. "Do either of you have a shop I might be able to visit later?" She asked curiously to both Minako and Eatos. "Sorry if that's forward I'm just trying to make conversation." She wondered if she shouldn't talk about business here but wasn't sure what else to ask.