[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

Zandra looked at Avilon with a smile on her lips while waiting for an answer. Thou she got an answer she would never have expected. The smile slowly disappeared and sadness filled her eyes when looking at the tears in Avilons eyes. Zandra embraced the pinkhaired girl and patted her head. She just stood there in silence for about half a minute. Then she took a step back and putted her hands on Avilons shoulders. The crimson eyes looking deep into Avilons violet ones. ‘’Love, look at me.’’ She started. What she said now was very important and she knew it. Because of that she had to choose words carefully, since it could turn out terribly wrong in she was to clumsy. ‘’Avilon. You know who I am and many of the battles I have been thru. During the time here I have got a lot of valuable loot items and crafted gear and such. But I didn’t got my most valuable gift until a few weeks ago. This treasure is the one I hold closest to my heart, and I will never let you go. But if I die, someone else can take you. Or harm you. Or worst, end your life. But I cant allow that and if I am gone, I cant stop it. So I promise Avilon. I will never leave you.’’ Then she embraced her again with one hand on the back of the tanks head. Their lips met for a few moments before she stepped back again. ‘’Noone, will separate you from me.’’ Zandra finished off with a smile.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kairi had smiled after she had spoken and just took the moment to dance, however as she had looked over to the dance floor she had seen Hestia dance with another woman, she had a hard time trying to identify who that other was, however she had thought that it was Kimi. However after a moment, they kissed. Kairi had blinked a few times unsure how to react, sure she had seen Hestia no more than a sister at this point, however, did those feelings stage while they were in a relationship? Kairi had just thought more and more deep into the subject before breaking into reality when someone had bumped into Macradon, Kairi had snapped back and let out "H-huh?" before looking at the person that had bumped into them, she had heard him apologize and at least he had apologized, Kairi had just simply shook her head and said "No no, thats okay!" she had let out a nervous chuckle, before rubbing the back of her head and grasping onto Macradon's hand.

@Macradon

@Reinka

"You could have just asked me to go with you prior to this if you were that nervous. I wouldn't have minded." Steel said in response. She then said how Hei had made her dress. "He does great work it seems. You look great in that." Steel said with a grin. "And sure, no problem. I think I know which quest you're talking about. I need to do that one too. Just leave the tanking to me!" Steel said confidently.

@Minako

"Looks like we're in the same boat huh? I'm not exactly used to being in a crowd like this either." Steel said with a small smile to ease her out of her nervousness. "Ah, pardon my manners I haven't introduced myself. My name is Steel." He said with a light bow to fit the gentleman role. "And your name?"

@Eatos

"Of course I was afraid to get up on stage. I could have messed up and maybe people would have rejected me. Even so, something was just compelling me to just grit my teeth and sing. Maybe it's a musician's pride or whatnot but it gave me the strength to stand up there. I guess I'm just a music idiot." Steel said with a grin. He then noticed Eatos was looking at his hair. "Ah, my hair must look weird right? That's a normal reaction. Not many people have silver hair naturally after all. But I don't mind it."

Avi's pink hair would ruffle slightly as she felt the hand reaching about the back of her head only to bring her closer to her girlfriend. Zandra's lips met with her own, her cheeks would flush up form the contact of their lush lips. She hadn't particularly imagined their first public kiss to be quite so obvious, but it was short and succinct. The tear streaks would remain, those two streams down her cheeks trailed down to her chin as she simply would latch her arms about Zandra in her new dress. "I can't take any more loss, after everyone who has fallen thus far I would rather end it all then continue on if I were to lose you love." The pinkette would simply rest her head now in against the older woman's shoulder as she attempted to catch her breath and sigh. 

"I apologize for being overly concerned, I just remember when I first lost friends to a pker. And how if I hadn't joined you when we met up, I still don't know the girl who led me back to you but I thank her for revealing a dear old friend." Avi's cheek a vibrant red as she would smile and giggle, "Let's go out and have us a dance ok? You really promise to never leave me alone, even if it is on the final floor when you got to slay the final boss ... but what if we did get out would you still come for me in the real world?"

@Zandra

Dancing together with Kairi, Macradon would notice the Kairi was spacing out, looking at something. Macradon wouldn’t make it too obvious and would try ignore her spacing out, that is until something else would grab his attention. He was pushed light from his back, just lightly, not that bad. Taking a small step up closer to Kairi, Macradon would turn his head over his right shoulder and look back “Oh, don’t worr-..” he said as he turned his head around. This figure, he had seen it before, he had fought side by side with it before, many times actually “Oh, Hikoru, isn’t it?” he asked the edgelord. Macradon would take a quick sidestep to Kairi’s right and grasp her hand with his left hand, bowing lightly towards Hkoru and with his right hand gesture towards Kairi “I’m pretty sure you know who I am by now, but I’m not sure if you know who this is yet, this is my date tonight, Kairi” he said.

@Kairi@Hikoru

@Steel
Maybe we can go treasure hunting too later. I still have so much shopping to do. I think I'm pushing it too much. I've been basically comatose this whole time it seems, and now I'm in a hurry to do something. Watch over me so I don't something really stupid. I'm worried I'll for into some sort of trap at this rate." She explained. "Oh, I missed your song, are you going to sing more later? I'll root for you." she smiled happily.

She looked at the ballroom and her eyes wondered. She wondered what this place was really like. Could there be more to this place than what met the eye. She had an itch to explore the place, but for now, she was happy to stick around and chat.

"I still don't trust this place." She pursed her lips. "It's probably nothing, or maybe I'm just used to hiding." she honestly hated it, this was a death game and she was cautious. This might be a safe zone, and yet the game script said to pull them all here or try to. It bugged her. She tried to relax but her shoulders were up anyway like a cat protecting itself.

Snorting lightly at Lee's mild disappointment that Shield did in fact wield a shield she commented, "You're the only one who would do that." Glancing back at said man, she noticed that he seemed to be standing a little stiffly, but his agreement that such an event wasn't really his cup of tea made sense of that. When he mentioned that he went where Beat went, her expression brightened with interest as green eyes slid to the other man whom she rightly assumed was Beat. He looked a little younger than herself and Lee, but probably not by much. She had suspected that Shield might've been closer to Beat than originally let on and it seems that it was leaning in that direction. But moreover she wondered if the older man had been a bit more forthcoming about his past to the other man. Focusing on the here and now though, her smile widened as the two tanks shook hands. She was fairly sure that they'd get along and was glad to finally get them to meet. "It's good to see you too Shield." Glowing under her golden mask at the high praise from the frontliner, her attention then turned to the pink suited man at his side.

"I'd forgotten that you'd said you were married Shield. It's good to finally meet you Beat, he speaks highly of you as well." Winking at her fellow brunette, thinking that she was helping him out. Perhaps he didn't sing glowing praise of his partner, but what little he had said had been more or less kind and respectful. Reaching a hand out in an offer to shake, the alchemist noted the guild name drop and it sounded rather familiar, though she couldn't rightly remember any other members at the moment. Smile becoming just a tad strained with green eyes turning sad behind her mask at the Paladin's question, Piera replied a little more quietly, "At the Monument of Life. I had just found out about a friend's death. Shield happened to be there and...he helped me cope. And shed a bit more light on the circumstances of Lowenthal's murder."

Mouth now set in a hard tense line, the older woman intoned seriously with a little venom leaking in, "If you ever meet a player named Ariel, don't trust her even as far as you might be able to throw her. Unless it's off the edge of Aincrad." Gripping Lee's arm, she met his eye and calmed down a little, taking a breath with closed eyes and then giving a somewhat tired smile. "Sorry, today isn't a day for such serious conversation. Regardless, you've got yourself a good man Beat. Seems like you guys might give us a run for our money. Assuming you entered the contest as well?" Piera looked expectantly between them.

Spoiler

5a81fe0652d96_ValentinePiera2render.thumb.png.295b73b1bbe57a6a8340421d73fbb54d.png

@Lee, @Shield, @Beat

Hikoru watched as the player had apparently been dancing with a little lady. His face turned a bit red behind the mask as he realized he had somewhat walzed onto the dance floor. He looked as the male player recognized him, and he bowed and he realized that it was Macradon. He grit his teeth and realized that it wasn't the best person to bump into. He rubbed the back of his head and chuckled.

"I know of a Hikoru, but no that's not me." He lied easily. "My name is Jiro, actually." He said with a small and embarrased chuckle. The lie had come out of his mouth before he had even thought of it, but he knew that he had dug his own grave. He would need to hold up the lie, or find a way to escape. He bowed in respect to the young lady he was talking to, and a warm smile was on his lips. "It's nice to meet you, apologies for interrupting your dance." He said with another awkward laugh. "Now, I will leave you to your dance, apologies." He said before starting to make his way towards the snack bar

‘’Don’t worry love. I wont leave you.’’ Zandra replied and patted the young woman on the head. ‘’I have been attacked by someone that tried ot kill me. But he failed. And I wont let anyone succed with that as long as you are alive. And I wont let you die as long as I’m alive so no need to worry.’’ Zandra felt good that her girlfriend seemed to cheer up a bit, even suggested for a dance. ‘’Well that sounds lovely.’’ She said and led Avilon down to the dance floor. Then she bowed to Avilon. ‘’Would this beautiful lady honor me with a dance?’’ she said and took a steady but firm grip around her waiste without waiting for an answer. In her current state, Zandra judged that it should be the best to take the lead. ‘’By the way, Avilon. I have herd there gonna be a couple contest here today. You wanna join in and compete?’’ the black-haired woman asked the pinkhaired beauty.

@Avilon

Edited by Zandra

"Valentines Day?"

Sorra stood in front of a large bulletin board in the center of the Town of Beginnings, looking over information about different quests and events. One that had stuck out in his mind was a sort of ball set up on the 11th Floor to celebrate Valentines Day. Sorra's lips pursed, he was not in a relationship, so it did not sound like an event for him... Though what would Asuka say if he turned down the opportunity to finally meet someone? Hell, even if he just found someone to go on a quest with to get him off of his depressed ass, it would be worth the trip. Sorra rose a finger-less glove to the flyer and grabbed the corner, pulling it off of the small pin that kept it attached to the board. As the paper was removed, another similar sheet with the same information took its place, waiting for another player to take it with them. 

The dark haired man looked down at his own attire, pulling at the corners of his shirt, "Guess I should try to find something to wear.." If there was anything Sorra knew about this game so far, it was the layout of the 1st Floor settlement. Keeping mainly in the safezones after his sister died, he was able to study the layout of the towns, as well as the architechture and just do what he loved while keeping safe. That being said, the man knew exactly where to find a simple tailor where he could purchase some formal attire for the event. A  white shirt and navy blue vest was what the man had decided on, accenting it with a black Venetian styled mask. Now feeling much more formally dressed, Sorra began to walk back through the streets of The Town of Beginnings to venture up to the 11th Floor. 

"Ah.. I've never been this high up Aincrad before.."  excitement for the new location apparent in his eyes as he spoke. The European city of Taft was a new sight to him, and he wished he had taken the trip up here sooner, but the invisible fear of something going wrong on on the more intermediate floor caused for worry in his young mind. The man followed the coordinates given by the flyer, until his eyes laid upon a large hall, decorated for the occasion. Many people dressed in similar attire made their way in and out of the entrance, the soft sound of music filling the streets as the ornate doors opened. "Guess this is the place.." he said to himself under his breath before walking inside. 

The ball was unlike anything he had expected, and much more overwhelming as well. Men and women donned in dresses and suits of various colors and styles wandered the ballroom, some speaking with colleagues, while others saw to the dance floor with their significant others. "What am I doing, I don't know anyone here. This is gonna be awkward as hell." Sorra found himself standing in the doorway, side stepping out of the way for all of the others that tried to enter. With a small sigh, the corner of the young man's mouth pulled into a half smile. "Come on Hiroi.. Stop being such a worrywart and just have some fun for once." 

Kairi had looked over a tad bit confused when Macradon had began to speak knowing this guys name, then he had introduced him to Kairi, before Kairi could speak, he had said that he doesn't know a man named Hikoru, and that his name was Jiro, however she had frowned a bit she had looked back to Macradon thinking he's either lying or you had confused two people together, however he had said it was nice to meet her, and he would leave them to their dance. Kairi had blinked a few times before looking back to Macradon and said out to him with confusion "Did you actually know him, or did you just assume someone to be another person?". She was just a little worried that he had just confused one with another, however she doesn't suppose it would be the end of the world if one did as it's pretty easy to do, especially in a event like this one. 

@Macradon

Jiro walked around in his suit and tie, happy that he could make it for an event. He had been staying on the first floor for awhile and wanted to go to the valentine event so badly, that he struck up the nerve to go and see what the higher floors were all about. Once he got there with his child-like mask, he went inside and right to the punch bowl. Being a small kid, he had to jump a little bit to see what was on the table, but he was soon able to grab a few snacks and a cup of punch, then sat down in a nearby corner, out of sight. He gave a small laugh as he nibbled on his treats, happy with how things had gone. Things seemed to be safe here, so he would play it safe and just stay out of the way of the people there, and let them all have fun.

Edited by Jiro

Macradon would smile at the mentioning of a “Jiro”, “And you may have realized I’m Giang, then” he said, pronouncing the names as yang. He would snicker lightly as he went back up and would turn back in front of Kairi as he muttered, but still loud enough for the other person to hear “I’d recognize the master of shadows any day, any weather, even the guild crest is out of place if you don’t hide it in the shadows”. Macradon would turn to face Kairi and listen to her question. “I’m quite sure I know who it is, it’s a bit too obvious for someone who had fared with him for quite a while, but if he wants to stay hidden without his shadows, I don’t think I’d have the right to disclose his actual name ... I can do a quick check” he would reply and open his Tracking GUI with a quick motion with his hand over his eyes. Macradon would type into his screen the name "Jiro" and see that there would be no traces anywhere, being hundred percent sure that it wasn't anyone using Disguise as Hikoru. As he accepted the tracking, Macradon would reailze that there weren't any prints on the ground around where he stood, nothing to show that this person was indeed Jiro, however, it did seem like there was a "Jiro" present here today, but just not on teh dance floor, at least not yet. Macradon would give up on the search for Hikoru as his superstition was approved in his mind. Macradon would then ask her “Care to continue the dance or ...?”. Macradon wasn’t sure if this sudden break would ruin the dancing mood of Kairi, or if she just wanted a break for now.

5a82058735aba_trakcjirosmol.png.d0ee1c880f3f1e7eb6c94318a0a6a3b7.png

@Kairi@Hikoru@Jiro

Avilon would cling to Zandra, she stuck to her like glue as she was patted upon the top of her head giving a slight smile. She slowly walked herself over to the side still resting her pink hair upon the shoulder of her beloved. "I know, I just a little scared of losing people again." She sighed the tone in her voice calming to the point where she would no longer being in tears. Instead she would smile and squint her eyes as she held onto the arm of Zandra as they would stroll over toward the dance floor. Avi would release her partner from her vice grip, a petite curtsy offered in reply to Zandra's bow, it would appear that for this dance among the two girls Avi would be the one taking the feminine role. "Competition? Ermm I suppose we could, there isn't some strange formal speech made by the couples who win right?" Public speaking, no public displays in general were not a strength of the younger woman now reaching out to offer her hand and hip for a twirl about the ballroom. "Maybe afterwards, when we have found a nice floor to settle down on ... we could actually buy a house were we can just stay together?"

Avilon's eyes would stay glued to her partner, quickly those orbs in their sockets would peek down, hoping to not step upon her partners toes.

@Zandra

Lee would outstretch his hand to take Shield's in a firm handshake and a pleasant greeting. "Nice to meet you too Shield." As he went one to speak that Piera would speak well of him and what it had been that she had done for him. Lee would then lean his head over so that it rested on the top of Piera's. "So I have heard. It is always a pleasant surprise to finally see any of her friends. I tend to turn myself into quite the shut in until an event pops up or the random whim. Either or."

As Shield spoke of it being nice to finally have a face to the name, Lee would slide his own thumb along his jawline and flick it into a snap of his fingers "And a face it is to remember!" Lee would then turn his attention toward the player that went by the name of Beat, a member of the Celestial Ascendants by his account. "Well met Beat." It would be then that Piera would go on about how it was that her and Shield had met and then began on the tirade of spite toward Ariel to which Lee would roll his eyes and nudge the woman.

"Hush it little miss party downer. There ain't no want or need for all this toxicity. Pleasant, romantic fumes. Get drunk off of the Valentine!" Lee would throw his free hand up and release the girl from the grip she had on him and throw himself into a spin that, after the second turn, would have to force himself to stop as he got visibly off balance but after shifting his feet just a bit apart from one another, he was stable once again.

Spoiler

Valentine_Lee_2.png

@Beat @Piera @Shield

Golden eyes continued to scan the crowd as she enjoyed Spencer's company. Having a kind conversation partner was actually much more enjoyable than people-watching alone. She found it hard to shake a nagging recent memory, however, and as she moved her curious gaze from one player to another she found herself searching with a hint of purpose.

She had just thought she caught a glimpse of an oddly-familiar-looking mask by the table that was set up with drinks when Spencer took a step forward and directed her attention to a woman with darker skin and eyes of a golden hue to rival her own. Though she couldn't help the flicker of irritation at the bad timing from her earlier task, she was quick to take on another polite smile as greetings were exchanged. She took the brunette's hand in a light shake and withdrew. "Nice to meet you both." She nodded in kind to the woman sporting loud pink hair at jevi's side.

And then her curiosity was overwhelming. Callie turned back to Spencer, "I'm not usually one for keeping in touch," She reiterated before getting to the point. "but send me a friend request if you'd like. I think I just saw the very rare sight of a familiar face, and it's going to drive me crazy if I don't go and get nosy." She chuckled, leaving the invitation in his court to see if the man had any interest in keeping in contact.

With that, Callie gave a nod to excuse herself, turning her attention back to the other side of the room. She moved through the loose crowd, frowning when she could no longer spot the silver horn of the manticore she had caught sight of by the table of refreshments. A few more seconds of searching rewarded her, however, as it seemed the mask's owner had not gone far. Her lips curled into a curious and satisfied smile. Callie approached the small group of players, now certain that she recognized the tank player. "Sorry to intrude," She quite honestly did hate the idea of interrupting anything, but she took advantage of a lull in conversation to offer a smile, one moreso directed at the only person she'd met before out of the group. She faltered for a moment before forcing the next words out from her. "Thought I would stop being a wallflower for a second. Didn't think I would be seeing you here, Shield." She offered a bit weakly. Why had she bothered approaching the man, especially when he was far from alone? Was it just because she wanted to take advantage of finally spotting him in the crowd?

@Spencer@Jevi@Ruby > @Shield@Beat@Piera@Lee

Eatos listened to Steel and the other girl chat about quests, but managed to keep her mouth shut. She could offer them help, kind of wanted too also. Despite her suit, she did have healing capacities which may prove useful. But, they were just strangers and probably wouldn’t want an outsider like her to get in the way.

However, at that time, Tsu appeared. Eatos hadn't been expecting to run into the girl, even more after what happened with pinball. She smiled weakly, and frowned at the request. The girl, wanted to join the guild? She hadn't expected that request, but, well, there was no reason to say no. "That's ok Tsu. I made a mistake as well. You're more than welcome to join the guild" Opening her menu, she sent the girl an invite to the Guardians of the New Dawn. "Maybe, after this event, i can take you to meet the other heads of the guild, if you're interested that is..." 

She glanced around, before being asked a question by that very same girl about stores. “I…I do yeah. I own a blacksmithy down on the 4th floor. As for the party, well…I never was one for valentines day. I have a terrible track record with dates. The last boy I went out with…was a bad decision” she’d really rather not go into detail, even more so with people she didn’t know, or trust.

She turned to face Steel, and couldn’t not laugh lightly. She knew in part of what he meant, the pride. She loved singing, considered herself pretty good at it. But had always crumbled when it came to crowds, judging her on each and every mistake even harder than she judged herself. As for the hair comment, she smirked behind her mask.

“I’ve always just, been nervous about messing up onstage. Singing is amazing, but, well…I guess I’m just worried people would judge me for my song selection or…something like that” She took aa look up at the stage. But shook her head. She couldn’t, her nerve had been eaten away just talking about singing in front of others. “As for hair, I like different hair. Mine isn’t natural, but, well…I just think it looks really pretty..”

@Steel@Reinka@Minako@Froppy

Edited by Eatos

Illite sighed as she took a bit out of her cookie next to the tables of food. It's too quiet without Marisa. Kinda weird.. a small frown appeared on her face. Maybe she'll come back soon.. she finished her cookie with a satisfying sighed  before grabbing another of the Sam exact kind. Is this what stress eating feels like? she said in her head as she bit into the new cookie. The sweetness of it soothed her mind and body, she let out of huff of relief and set the cookie on a small plate next to her. "Too quiet.." she muttered even though laughs and chatter filled the air, it was still fairly quiet.

She crossed her arms and leaned back on the table, her fingers tapping at her arm. Maybe I should leave..? Everything seems normal here.. I probably wouldn't do anything here but eat anyways... she readjusted her mask while thinking so. Maybe, maybe, maybe..

@Eatos

"Oh really. One day I'll make my way over there to see what you have." She was a curious one. "Hm, really I'm surprised you seem kind to me. Maybe those guys were just jerks, you don't have to worry about them, you were obviously too good for them." She really digged the suit feel. "You kind of look jazzy in that outfit, and flashy, I like it. Um. In the real world, I opened up a theater. I guess I'm drawn in my that sort of outfit, and your hair is so striking. Would you mind if I used your look when I get back home on someone sometime for a play? I think it looks really cool together. "I'll try to pay you a visit later for sure. I'm Reinka by the way. It's pleasure to meet you. Hey, if you ever want to go questing for material I wouldn't mind joining in. I think it would be fun to learn the floors better. So far I've been avoiding monsters." She placed her hand over her mouth a bit embarrassed. "Oh, shoot, sorry I was talking to much just now. Sorry, sorry." She laughed at herself nervously.

"Well that's nice." Kimi said towards the thought of there not being in much of a slower relationship. "Well you know how it is. You live life fast it'll pass by fast." She said in a more reassuring tone. Kimi was growing slowly tired of dancing and asked, "Wanna get off the stage? We've been here for some time now and we also gotta sign up for the couples contest." Kimi said suggesting, but blushing at the idea they are together now. Kimi hesitated for a moment as she placed her hands together and looked down. "So does that mean we're together now." She slowly said as she raided her head to look Hestia in the eye. She paused for a little while to let the question sink in as she was slowly growing red. Kimi grabbed Hestia by the hand and slowly pulled themselves out of the dance floor to make space for anyone else who wants to join.