[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

Kairi had smiled with a giggle when he had said out that they only thing he liked about the cold was the animals that you could see in the floor, he wasn't wrong in the slightest since a lot of them we're simply... VERY interesting, especially being able to get a Mimic familiar on the fourth floor. It wasn't like she hated it, its just she really hated the temperature, and even with Survival it was still something she hated a lot. Then he had said that he could accept being lazy to be an answer as he usually sits in his rocking chair and doze off, Kairi had smiled hearing that it sounded like a very relaxing time. She had giggled and said out to him "Well maybe you should invite me over just to relax one of these days. I would love to just spend some peace and quiet with you one of these days." she had smiled as they had continued to dance.

@Macradon

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vigilon told Krysta that Veriost was originally left at the shop to rest, although there was still a fair chance for some activity. "I guess she'll be able to relax with a new friend." She said with a smile. Vigilon then said that he'd almost forgotten something. He pulled out a box from his inventory, and gave it to Krysta, saying he'd been hoping to give this to her. She received the box and opened it to see what was inside, revealing some sweets. In the center of the box was a chocolate cupcake Around the centerpiece cupcake, there were milk chocolate hearts and pieces of white chocolate in the shapes of crystals. In each corner, there was a strawberry dipped in chocolate, with white chocolate stripes. "Why, these are wonderful, how thoughtful of you, Alex, thank you." She closed the box and stashed it in her inventory, then gave Vigilon a quick kiss on the cheek; an action to support her words. There was an opening for them to take a small break and possibly socialize and/or raid the food tables before everyone else finished off all the refreshments. "Should we take a small break, Alex?"

@Vigilon

Piera waved her hand at Lee's saying of 'trouble' would be had if the punch was actually spiked and she corrected, "You say 'trouble', I say 'fun'. Kinda makes me feel a little old when I look around at all these kids and then look back at us in this scene." The brunette inhaled deeply before heaving a long silent sigh. Smiling tenderly back at the masked man on her arm, she would lean her head against his shoulder briefly, cherishing the small touch as he replied to her simple statement of love. Drawing back with a chuckle as he declared himself 'snazzy as all hell', the alchemist had to nod in agreement. Though at his description of her, she raised an eyebrow under her mask. "Oh, well at least there's that. I suppose you're good arm candy to been seen with~ Hmm..." Humming as piano notes were softly played before the sensual strings of a violin were sung, Piera smiled and stepped back from her companion before holding out a hand for him to take. "Would you do me the honor of sharing a dance to this song with me?" She asked formally and managing minimal smiling.

Spoiler

5a87d216a0cc2_ValentinePiera2render.thumb.png.95e9d6cf3be5c41a82500153ee472fab.png

@Lee

Benjamin began moving to the music's rhythm, and made a suggestion for what they might do. He had a warm smile on his expression. Dazia felt a little at ease. "...Alright, sure." A half smile was slowly coming from her. Inwardly, she was having mixed thoughts about this. "Violet, why are you letting your guard down? This may be a party and everything, but....but................ugh, fine..." Benjamin asked her how she had been lately, and what she did. "Well, could be better, could be worse. However, I'm glad that I don't have to constantly worry about Princess with the ceasefire... If you mean what I do as in profession, I intend to become an artisan. If you mean what I do in this game, well, like Yinangi said, my only goal is to survive, by any means necessary." Meanwhile, back at the sweets table, Yinangi finished up what she was already eating, then looked down to see a handful of cookies shatter. "Darn, it's already been five seconds." The pumpkin with limbs had ran off. "Interesting, I thought Halloween Town only invaded Christmas.... Well, I guess they've found more to explore!" She said aloud to nobody in particular whatsoever, as if to herself, with a smile on her face, then she returned to gobbling up sweets.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Kimi listened contently to the story and paused for a bit, "Wait?! Spencer's gay?! I had no idea." Kimi said in slight shock and with a nervous laughter following. "Sorry, I just don't really see these things you know?" Kimi stared at the nearby pillar thinking of how when they first met she thought he was cute and adorable. "Yeah nothing really screamed, 'Im Gay' when I'm around him." She said as a joke. Kimi tried hard not to laugh nervously, but it escaped as she furrowed her eyebrows. "Well this is news to me, at least I know now. Anyways I digress... Really weird NPC that french guy, and of course it had to be a french person to do all the love making thing." Kimi thought for a bit if she met someone like him before, but nothing came to mind. "Hopefully we don't run into him again. Wouldn't want him to make a scene for us. I'll probably die from the embarrassment." She said hoping that they wouldn't run into him again especially since he was touchy. "Anyways, yeah I don't recognize too many people aside from those that really stick out. I like to imagine that not to many people here know who each other are, but that's just me."

@Hestia

I smile a bit as i look towards Kimi and holds her hand just enjoying being next to her as i listen. The reaction making me laugh and chuckle at the surprise from knowing Spencer's preference in people romantically. The laughter just continues at the 'Screams i'm gay part'. I know what you mean that was my first comment to Spencer when i found out also. Just a little bit of surprise and then him saying why he wonders people are always surprised by that. I say while chuckling a bit causing some pauses between the words. After getting my laughter under control i just nod my head hoping also that the French Waiter doesn't get involved in any manner. I glance around the room as i try to find something that could be of some fun, or something to do as i grin a little bit as i look towards you. Welll we could always try to find that couple that entered this ball with loud music. They certainly seemed to want to make a entrance that people would notice. I suggest with a smile on my face. Or just go up to random people and talk to them try to get to know more people while we're here. This is a social event after all. I say with the last sentence having a playful tone to it.

@Kimi

Avilon's cheeks still burned red, complimenting the pink hair the girl wore as it wasn't natural but she enjoyed this dyed state. She would slowly rest her head in against Zandra's sholder merely keeping up with the slow dance for a while. The talk about the floor and place that they settled didn't seem to matter for either of the couple. Her hands would slip in around through Zandra's hair as she smiled. "I don't care about where either my love. If you like it then I can dress up for you." She smiled before then setting her back and around her neck. "I'm so glad that I met you. I felt like I was stuck in the snow on the fourth flour for so long and here I am now with you. "You still want to fight on the front lines right?" She asked, her fingers now tossing some of zandra's hair while coiling within it. "I must admit, I am worried to know that you will always be in danger and wish I could become a strong enough to join you ... I don't like the idea of leaving you for those long boss raids." She cringed biting her lip.

Benjamin nodded, listening as he and Dazia danced.  I'm glad to here that.  I had been trying to hear about how you were feeling lately.  That, um, incident during the treasure hunt was intense. he told her, staying silent for several moments afterwards to try and figure out the best thing to say next.  Well, with today being a party and all, I say we talk more about what's going right.  I've always found it's good to take care of your spirit as we as your body, and a ball like this is a good place to let some of the stress from the game off. Ben said as they continued to move on the dance floor, keeping himself focused on his partner.  So do you and Yinangi know a lot of others at the party?  There are a few others that we had met before, if you got a chance to say hi.  He hoped it wasn't prying, but he did want to see if he could get Dazia to open up and have some fun here.  Everyone deserved a night off sometimes. 

@Dazia

Macradon smiled, chortling lightly as Kairi had asked him to ask her over at some point, it could probably work, if it wasn’t because he slept in an inn every night and used most of his time in his shop. He had some money to get his furnished mansion, so he would probably be able to invite her over at some point. “I like the idea, some day I might be able to invite you over, but at the current moment … I can’t really say I have a place to stay that isn’t an Inn on the first floor, I haven’t had the time to design my house yet, but with the events going around now, I think I’ll have the time to finish the idea and make it a reality, and then I can invite you over, unless you’d like to just sit and relax in my Smithy, you’re always welcome there” he said with a smile.

@Kairi

Krysta accepted the Valentine's Day gift, and kissed Vigilon on the cheek. Make that the second time feelings had rushed through Vigilon with an unexpected kiss. He guessed that the reason for these feelings being so powerful was that both he and Krysta loved each other. Not only that, but, frankly, he'd never been kissed by a girl he'd fallen in love with, until today. He was going to ask about why she loved him, but then he remembered the note she left him back at the shop. "Ah, yes, that's right. So...she sees me as...brave? ...Right, if I recall the note correctly, she'd mentioned some good traits of a leader...I'll keep the note for as long as I can. It'll be some real encouragement for me." Krysta then asked if she and Vigilon take a small break. He thought for a minute, and said, "Well, we could always have some refreshments before everyone calls dibs on the last bits, we could also socialize with other players..." Upon an agreement, Vigilon would take Krysta to the desired location, holding her hand.

@Krysta

Lee would let out a 'pft' and wave Piera away lightly at the comment of their age to which he would respond "You are shooting way to hard on the whole age thing. Like, for real, chillax." As she would them comment on the candy he way, he would chuckle "Oh yeah, I'd be like, air heads or a honey bun." It was then that the sounds of a piano would come to their ears to which Piera would take the initiative and Lee would follow suit and take the woman's hand and bow to her "It would be an honor milady." He would then let his posture straighten as he would pull her close, hand on her hip as he would begin to lip sync along with the words of the music, his head bobbing along with the words. He would simply begin to move slowly from one side to another, aiming to guide her along.

<~Song~>

Spoiler

Valentine_Lee_2.png

Zandra held the younger woman close to her as they slowly followed the rhytm of the soft music. She held a hand on the back of her head and slowly brushed it thru the short hair. Avilon started to talk about that she didn’t wanted Zandra to keep on fighting on the frontlines. Zandra didn’t answered at first. She closed her eyes and took some slow and deep breaths. After a few seconds she stopped and took a step backwards. She had one hand on Avilons shoulder and the other she gently tilted her head up with a soft touch on her chin. With sadness in her eyes Zandra started to talk with soft voice. ‘’Dear Avilon. I’m so sorry. But if I would stop figting side by side with the players I have progressed with for so long time now, it would look egoistic and I would feel terrible. So, I can’t stop. I will keep on figting. And one day, I will get you out of this death game. I will reach floor one hundred. And I will defeat the final boss. Because I will do anything to keep you safe.’’ She finished and moved Avilons face closer to hers until their lips met.

@Avilon

"Oh?" The curious word left her through a small giggle as she then peered across the dance floor to the two players that shared their guild emblem. They did, in fact, seem to be sharing an intimate dance, and although Telrenya couldn't say she knew either of the girls well the sight left a warm smile pulling at the corner of her cheeks, both at the innocent scene as well as for her guildmates' happiness.

She felt Jomei's loving gaze on her through his black-and-gold half mask and long bangs alike, easily urging the girl to turn her attention back on him. Despite their time together thus far, and having shared the same words of adoration between them before now, Jomei's profession caused the visible half of her cheeks to burn an obvious red. Just before she would take in a breath to find her words in reply, she felt her hand being gently guided to allow her body to spin slowly in a half-turn. Her smile stretched wider, and the blonde easily turned her head to the side to return a kiss upon the Irishman's cheek. "Maybe... We can go out on another fancy date sometime." She suggested in a shy voice, the small chuckle that followed quickly easing some of the nerves that had built up and allowing her to return the compliment. "And you...you look even more handsome than usual."

As she turned back to face him, Telrenya's heart beat a bit faster in her chest. She drew herself closer to the man, their improvised waltz shifting to more of a slow, rhythmic step that would allow them less need to focus on their footwork. Telrenya let her head rest forward, her temple pressed lightly against Jomei's collar while she continued to wear that warm smile. "I love you too, Nick. I'm glad we were able to do something like this. I... I hope we can keep going on all kinds of adventures together." Her voice was soft with their closeness as she returned his earlier sentiment with a small addition of her own.

@Jomei

Piera lightly groaned as she complained, "But my eeeggggsss. They don't last forever ya know." It was something she had brought up more seriously before but she was enjoying herself too much at the moment to bring the mood down. Chuckling as he commented about what kind of 'arm candy' he would be she corrected automatically, "Honey buns are not candy. They're pastries silly. An iunno, I think you're either air heads or fruit roll ups."

Even though she knew how he would respond, when he took her hand and bowed in such a gentleman-like manner, the woman couldn't help but blush slightly as she smiled at her fiance as he drew her close. Placing her left hand on his shoulder and hand in hand with her right, she followed him into a simple waltz. As the sweet croonings of the male singer echoed around them, Piera watched Lee's lips move along with the words, knowing them nearly by heart. As his lips puckered for the 'oooo' part, the alchemist rose onto the tips of her toes to catch him in a kiss. "You're amazing, you know that?" She whispered against his lips with a smile before giggling under her breath, "And awesome."

<~Song~>

Spoiler

5a89fab87f9e4_ValentinePiera2render.thumb.png.31d51d100f698feaeaeddad45de57732.png

@Lee

"Thanks.." she replied blankly at the comment. Truth be told, I don't even remember where I even got this mask. She thought with a sigh. She looked at the salmon colored floor of the ballroom with a cock of her head. I'm not beautiful, even blind people can see that.. she thought sadly, the rim of her eyes sunk down into a depressing gaze. After a few moments of staring at the ground with a dead look, she looked up and shook her head. She listened intently at Reinka's favor and or request. "Very well," she huffed in defeat and twiddled with her fingers. "I'm not that strong so don't expect too much," she muttered quietly soon after. 

She gripped her hand tightly in wait of a response from the bright young woman. I'm not strong, I'm not, I'm not. I'm not. she repeated in her head over and over and over. Her lips quivered as she thought about the same thing repeatedly. I'm not.

@Reinka

Edited by Illiure

Krysta noticed that Vigilon had stopped to think before he made his answer. When he did, he brought Krysta over to the refreshments table, while holding her hand. So far, she had loved this day. It was wonderful, it was magical, it was almost as if it were a dream. She was actually worried that she might wake up and all of this would have never happened. She started with some punch to hopefully quench her thirst from all the dancing and excitement. She began wondering if anyone would be willing to talk to her and Vigilon. She and Vigilon may have entered a competition, but were they doing fairly, or poorly? Who would she vote for, or would she abstain? These thoughts began to rise up within her, but she stopped herself, and did what she could to focus on the good things, such as the fact that she and Vigilon were finally in relationship.

@Vigilon

Spangie warily entered the ballroom, her heels clicking softly on the salmon pink floor. This place is beautiful.. She felt like she almost stopped breathing because of the sight. Her pale yellow dress was nothing compared to the elegant designs of the other players seen around the room. And the players, she had to say she had never seen this many players gathered up in one place before. She fumbled with her black mask and silently strides to a small table that held platters of food and desserts. Everything here looks so perfect. Like something out of a fairy tale.. she breathed in the sight and the smell. "I've never seen something so beautiful.." she whispered to herself.

She stood silently, not knowing what she should be doing. So only a few moments after, she started to space out once again, this time gazing at the couples dancing. They look so happy. Too bad I don't have a date. She gave a wry chuckle to herself and held her hands tightly together.

If only I had my supplies. My sketchbook, my case.. she released a sad sigh. Knowing that she probably won't remember the sight when she reaches the real world again.

Spoiler

What Spangie is wearing right now :

See the source image

See the source image

Edited by Spangie

Avi's expression grew disheartened, she knew that when she first came to Zandra's aid. This was a woman who would constantly come to her side to protect any person she met. The shimmering rose colored bangs would slide down across her eyes to cover them. "I know, you wouldn't ever stop fighting and I also know it's selfish of me to ask you to stop. So, I want you to train me to be stronger so I can stay by your side. Thick and thin as you girlfriend never to leave your side all the way to the one hundredth floor." As she was pushed into, her cheeks matched that vibrant rosy color her hand now sliding up to help guide her lips as she locked her own body in against Zandra's before smiling as they held this passionate moment. Her embarrassment to do this here of all places an on this valentine day event left her speechless and limp gently cradling herself into Zandra's chest for comfort and stability. "I will try an become strong to help and protect you as well love."

@Zandra

Shield was most definitely acting strangely. Was he just uncomfortable with the romantic-themed atmosphere that surrounded them, or the suffocating presence of so many others in a formal setting. If it wasn't for the goal of tracking down the man now standing across from her, she would have been extremely hard-pressed to remove herself from the outer edges of the large ballroom. Callie couldn't catch the return of a blank stare in time when Shield called out his partner's name and gave a few playful gestures. Why did it make her feel so...uncomfortable? She forced a chuckle that she promptly hid behind a raised hand, only hoping it sounded more natural than it was. It served its purpose, however, which was to acknowledge the small display, and to allow her expression to soften a bit as she very adamantly decided that the odd feeling was due to not having seen that side of Shield.

Callie wasn't sure if she was grateful for Beat's continued conversation. Now, after approaching the couple and exchanging pleasantries, she was all but ready to excuse herself and retreat back to the least-populated area she could manage. But, she was presented with a question, and the cerulean-haired woman just had to mind her manners. "Oh, no, I'm here on my own." The smile that returned to her face was an automatic one, but one she was fine with wearing. "And really, I'm not sure what I was planning to get out of showing up to this event." She answered honestly, her golden eyes drifting with a sidelong glance to the tables lined with food and refreshments, recalling an NPC at the door that offered an event-themed item to each participant. "Although dressing up to get free cake is good enough incentive for me, I suppose."

@Shield @Beat

Edited by Calypso

Once Vigilon and Krysta had reached the refreshments table, Krysta seemed to have a similar thought on what to do first. This was an opportunity to act like a gentleman and score some extra brownie points(if that mattered, he somehow didn't even know what the term meant). "Oh. Allow me, dearest." He wasn't impressed by his own choice of words, but hopefully the thought would be able to count. While he poured the punch for her, he noticed that Krysta seemed uneasy. "Something bothering you, Jewel?" He soon looked towards one end and spotted someone who seemed familiar. "That girl looks a lot like Yinangi. But if that is Yinangi, could it possibly mean...?" At first, he put the thought aside entirely. Dazia wouldn't possibly come to an event like this, unless Yinangi was the reason she would be here at all. He looked back to see all the couples who were dancing. They all looked like they were enjoying themselves. "I guess most of them feel the same that Jewel and I do, 'how lucky we are here in this wonderful moment together'. Well, if they wish to spend all their time with just each other, I wouldn't judge, Jewel and I almost did just that..."

@Krysta