[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

Benjamin brought up the topic of the treasure hunt incident as he asked how she had been feeling lately. "Long story, really. I've been watching my back as soon as I realized that my self-defense against someone had painted a target on it. Another one of those victims of the game's circumstances had challenged me to a full loss duel, and, regrettably, in the end I was forced to finish him. Now, his cousin, Princess, who you may also know as Krysta, has been hunting me down ever since. Thankfully, I've managed to have a ceasefire with her, meaning we aren't going to just clash our blades on sight of each other anymore. Although I know there will be a scheduled time for her and I to fight again, the ceasefire has left me a bit more at ease..." Benjamin suggested that they focus on what is going on right, enjoy the party, and let off some stress. The tension in her shoulders was slowly receding at this moment. "Hard to admit at first...but he's right, in a way. Alright, so this event didn't turn out to be a waste of my time after all..." Benjamin asked about if anyone she and Yinangi knew were around. "Well...Other than you, Ell, Vigilon and Princess, I haven't seen anyone I recognize yet. Then again, I haven't been close enough to recognize any others. As for Yinangi, I really don't know. You'd have to ask her, although there are good chances you'll just get the same answer..."

@Benjamin Bookworm

20 Light Points have been added to Dazia's Journal

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ben was shocked to hear Dazia's story about what happened.  That... wow. I didn't know you had been through all of that.  He told her as they danced.  He had expected- well, not that.  Being in a battle with someone like that... how would he have dealt with something like that?  He wanted to think there was always a peaceful way to end things, but after some of what he experienced in the game, maybe not.  Especially when someone felt wronged first.  At least they had a ceasefire now.  Well if I can help out any way, I will.  I don't like to think about vengeance as the right way of doing things in any situation.  He turned to look at what kind of trouble Yinangi had gotten into at the buffet.  Well, I think I will ask Yinangi about that.  I didn't really get a chance to meet her before, and it seems like you have a good friend in her. 

@Dazia

The longer Calypso stood in front of him, the more the feeling of discomfort crept over him. With so few players left for him to talk to who he knew, or rather that he felt comfortable talking to during such a traumatic event.

As glad as I am to see Callie, I need to get out of here.

"I think it's best if we move along," he said, perhaps a little louder and more stiffly than necessary. "There's a whole lot of party left to see, and I don't want to keep you from um..." he cast about through the conversation, trying to think of what things she had said she had come for. "...cake."

He had already reasoned through his options. He knew his only reasonable escape. Taking a deep breath, he seized Beat's hand giving it a jerk in the direction of the dance floor. His palms were sweaty, his knees felt as though they were about to give out, and his arms felt like lead weights. Turning to Beat, he just hoped that he was doing a good job at keeping himself from looking like he was about to be sick.

"Come on, toots," he grunted, rushing off towards the dancing couples that crowded the floor dragging Beat behind him. Once out of Calypso's earshot, he hissed, "You're only getting one dance out of me. We only have one shot at this, so let's make this convincing."

@Calypso @Beat

Jomei's eyes slowly shut, enjoying the blissful feeling of Telrenya's lips upon his cheek. His smile only widened with the idea of taking the blonde out on a nicer date, a good excuse to doll themselves up again, "Hmm.. I like the sound of that." his voice soft to accommodate the little distance he held from her ear. The man's half mask and long fringe did a good job in hiding the blush that coated Jomei's cheeks as Telrenya's compliment reached his ears. Jomei was quick to notice Telrenya's shy tone of voice, which was normal and expected as much.. but the man decided that he was not going to let it slide so easily for once, and acted on it. Nestling his head a bit closer to the crook of her neck, Jomei wrapped his arms around her waist a bit tighter, his chest pressing into her back. "You know.. you can be more open with me, you don't have to be that shy.. I mean.. if you aren't going to break yourself out of your shell, I think I could find a few ways to help push you along." And there was his revenge for trying to tease him earlier.

Once he had turned her around, Telrenya's profession of love caused Jomei's heart to beat just a bit faster. It was not the first time he had heard it, nor would it be the last, but just with the environment they were in -- standing in each other's arms on Valentine's Day -- made it feel just that more special. Closing the little distance between the two even more, Jomei smiled as Telrenya's head rested just against his collarbone. The man let out a single chuckle, "You already know my answer to that Stel." 

@Telrenya

Domarus knew he was late but he didn't care.  He had arrived with a simple tux with Keres wearing a very simple dress.  He was here to see if there were any new players of any sort.  Someone he could work with.  Someone he could bring into his guild.  Whether they were strong or not didn't matter, he just needed more guild members at this point in time.  They were here on business and business alone.  He walked into the grand hall and saw many many groups of players.  In fact, there were so many players that, well.  He had no interest in staying.  Seeing the way everyone was acting around one another also increased his desire to just leave.  He did however, send out the familiar's.  Rhozarth flew up silently to a vantage point, doused his flames and blended in with the wall to watch from above.  Porvós would slither under the tables and douse his own flames, remaining hidden while he watched from ground level.  They would help Domarus recognize players and thus he walked away.  Leaving his familiars to do the work for him while Keres and himself returned to the shop.

Krysta smiled when Vigilon offered to pour the punch for her. The formal choice of words were a fair effort. "Ahahaha, Alex, did Leif give you examples on formal behavior? Still, thank you very much, you're very sweet." Vigilon asked her if something was bothering her. "Um, Alex...I...I just wanted to tell myself that this wasn't a dream at all. I wanted to be sure that all of this was real. It may be in a game, but I can say that this time we've had together is real enough for me. What others may think is not my concern anymore." She wasn't going to let a simple "It's just a game" ruin this, she wasn't going to let this "It's all a dream" haunt her, she wasn't going to care about what others would think of the relationship, either. She looked into Vigilon's eyes endearingly. "I'm just so happy we're actually together." Vigilon was looking to the couples who were dancing, and no doubt enjoying themselves. "And I'm sure they're happy to be enjoying themselves, too."

@Vigilon

Itzal was realizing quickly that there was nothing for him to do.  And soon enough time passed on.  Everyone spent time with their date or lover, dancing or talking.  Literally nobody was available for Itzal to talk with like Kasier had hoped.  She was socially awkward, or so she told him, and so she often wanted Itzal to be able to enjoy himself.  But, he couldn't enjoy himself if there weren't any players to talk with.  So in the end he decided to go over and talk with Kasier.  He came over to the food table and picked up a piece of food himself, smiling to @Kasier"Yeah, there isn't anyone available.  They're either talking with their own date or dancing so.  You don't mind if I join you do you?"  He poured a drink and set it aside as he went to grab a small plate.  As he put food on the it, he said to her, "I bought us a house by the way.  Or, re bought it.  Same place as last time, same beautiful scenery.  Only this time it has a tiny room for our familiar's to sleep in," he said with a chuckle.

Benjamin seemed shocked after hearing what Dazia said. "Sadly, that isn't the only instance where reason had escaped a player's mind, even if it was temporary. Yinangi was almost attacked by one, and I chose to fight in her place. Unfortunately, there was yet again a situation where a name was crossed off the monument..." It seemed to Dazia that there was nobody left in the game who had known of or cared about Lupix, for she didn't have any unwanted encounters after that were related to the incident. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any more "Incidents"... Benjamin offered to help in any way if possible, and Dazia realized her tension had lifted entirely. When was the last time she'd ever felt so....relaxed? Months? Years? She wasn't able to tell. Benjamin had also said that he never considered vengeance as the right way to do things. So he was one who preferred peaceful solutions...only those with sense would listen to such, for there were at least a good handful of players who would never find a peaceful solution pleasing... He said that he didn't really get to know Yinangi before, and that it seemed that Dazia had found a good friend in her. "From what I know, she is not like what some would expect. She is usually unbothered about certain serious things, and can be slightly irritable at times, but she is very lighthearted and encouraging, and is a real jokester, for better or for worse. I'm actually hoping, since there is a contest going on in this event, that she will know how formal this event is, and we won't have another 'John Cena' incident..."

@Benjamin Bookworm

Another John Cena incident?  I would actually pay to see something like that.  Especially if it helps liven things up a bit. he said with a smile.  The party was wrapping up pretty soon, so honestly why not end it with a bang?  Though she probably didn't want that kind of attention after all.  Well, I'm glad she has someone watching out for her.  Too many of the younger kids trapped in here don't have someone to watch out for them.  Especially someone who will protect them with their life.  That's.... something special.  He continued to move to the music, watching Dazia as she seemed to loosen up as they talked.  Ah, I knew that you could dance.  I guess you just needed to relax a bit before we got to see what you could do  She really was graceful when she moved like that.  And a lot less scary as well. 

Krysta had a point. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. He realized just how much time had passed. How long were he and Krysta dancing? He poured himself a cup of punch, and took a refreshing sip. Twice on this day, his heart rate had broken it's record of beats per minute. My, had the time had been passing pretty fast. "I'm happy we're together at last, too. It sure is great to know that other players are having similar feelings towards each other." He had a few refreshments, he stashed one or two sweets to save them for Veriost, and turned to see his new girlfriend. Pretty soon, he'd have to return to his shop. "Jewel, I just noticed the time. I'm afraid I have to go soon. Perhaps we could have another dance before I left?" He was here with her, at this peaceful event, but for not much longer, so he'd have to make the most of it.

@Krysta

(OOC: I don't know if the other players would be okay with Yinangi sabotaging any announcement like that in this thread, so for now I'm leaning towards "it's not gonna happen".)

Turns out, Benjamin would pay to see one of Yinangi's shenanigans. "Honestly, it wasn't myself that I would be worried about regarding another incident. How do you think other players would respond to it? I can't guarantee that everyone will find it as funny as she does..." Benjamin said that he was glad that Yinangi had someone watching out for her. "Well...Yinangi didn't come to this game alone. She came with her mother, who was attacked and killed by, well, I don't know, she didn't say. She also told me that her father died in a drunken crash about a week after he was divorced from Yinangi's mother. ...Yinangi...Yinangi is an orphan..." She continued to dance with Benjamin, and she also noticed that Benjamin was about 0'7" taller than her. Sometimes, it was moments like these that made her seem a bit minuscule. "Thanks a lot, Mom." She made sure to keep her face calm, hiding her recent thought. "Ah, sorry about that, I..didn't mean to be a downer by putting that heartbreaking detail in..."

@Benjamin Bookworm

Hey, hey, don't worry about being a downer, OK?  I, um, he stuttered a bit, not really knowing what to say.  This was a lot heavier than he had ever dealt with before... and it sounded like Dazia was trying to take it all herself.  I honestly have no idea what to say about that.  But, if you want to meet up and talk after the party, it sounds like you could use someone to listen.  There's a few good cafes nearby, and we could pick one, my treat.  Ben wasn't really sure how he could help out, but he wasn't going to leave someone all alone with this.  He knew how hard it was to be alone.  So maybe, before they make the final announcements, how about you me and Yinangi see how many sweets we can snack on before they shut down the buffet?  Maybe not some crazy John Cena moment, but a little fun tonight? 

Vigilon seemed to agree with what Krysta had said. "It's times like this when we can rest and relax from all the daily strife, and it seems that so many came here to have some good times, and even find people to dance with, if not potential significant others." She sipped some punch, and felt refreshed a little. Krysta noticed that Vigilon had stashed a few sweets in his inventory, most likely for Veriost. "Heehee, I'm sure Veriost would appreciate it, if that's why you're stashing a few sweets in there." She noticed some simple strawberries without chocolate, and wondered if feathered dragons liked fruit. With that thought in mind, she took a small handful of them and placed them in her inventory. "Surely, there might be something for Yolviinsil as well, like some of these strawberries." Vigilon told Krysta that he would have to leave soon, and he then asked if he could dance with Krysta once more. "Of course. We are in relationship now, aren't we? So why don't we make the most of this event?"

@Vigilon

Clearly, Benjamin was surprised to know this information as well. He also said that if she wanted to meet up with him after the event to talk, that they could pick a cafe. As much as the thought was tempting to unwind like that, she couldn't. At least, she either couldn't, didn't feel like it, or didn't even need it. "...Thanks, but no thanks, I'm good for now. However, I'm sure we'll meet up again at some point, if not soon." Benjamin then suggested that they have a chance at the buffet table before the event ends, with a little competition involved, along with Yinangi. "That...actually sounds good right now. But I'll warn you, Yinangi's quite the sweet tooth, and, knowing her, she's probably already gotten a head start." When the two players reached the table, sure enough, Yinangi was there, snacking on more cookies. She paused what was practically a self challenge on how many cookies she could devour in a minute to say a few words to Dazia. "Sooo, how'd it gooooo?" She smirked. Dazia sighed, and said, "It's nothing like you're thinking, but, amazingly, I'm feeling relaxed for once. So what? You score one point for that one, but you're still out of your league. Also, Benjamin was thinking we could see how many sweets we could have before the buffet closes down. You up for that?" Yinangi burst out laughing. "In that case, I've already won! I mean, just look at how few cookies are remaining on these platters!" "Alright, you've made your point, but if you want to continue, why don't you move on to some other sweets, so that other players can still enjoy some cookies while they last." "Hmm...Great idea! Oh, by the way, you'll never guess what I saw! A Jack-O-Lantern with limbs! A Jack-O-Lantern! With Limbs! It done startled a handful of cookies out of me when I first laid eyes on it, but it was only 'cause it was sudden!" Yinangi moved ahead to begin cleaning off the other dessert platters. Oh boy...

@Benjamin Bookworm

With his loving hold on her tightening, Telrenya enjoyed the closeness before his gentle encouragement reached her ear. She hummed softly, letting the words that tried to combat her shy nature sink in before they were followed up by different ones that did quite the opposite, causing her face to flush. "N-Nick!?" She turned her head towards him with a hushed exclamation of his name, half of her mind busy wondering what exactly he meant by the playful words, and the other half working on its own to take the liberty of filling in some blanks.

Her cheeks returning to their normal color was a slow and gradual process after she had turned to face him. A small, peaceful smile curled the corners of her mouth and her lids slid closed while she tried to listen to the faint, rhythmic beating behind the man's chest over the slow melodies of music that filled the dance floor. "I'm glad." She spoke softly when Jomei responded positively to the sentiment of staying together, and going on more adventures in the future.

Eventually, after the couple had spent a generous amount of time enjoying their shared dances, Telrenya pulled away again, tilting her chin upwards to offer her date another warm smile. "Hmm, is there anything else you want to do before it's over?" She asked with a curious hum, mulling over the same question for herself.

I watch as things seem to die down soon after as i glance around the room wondering if there is anything at all to do while i am here. I glance towards @Kimi and gives the girl a quick kiss on the cheek. hey i am going to explore who else is here before it becomes to late. I think it is dying down, so i want to see who else is here besides our guildmates. If you want you can come with me, and see if we can find some people i know that i can introduce you to? I say towards Kimi.

After i receive my answer i walk on over towards a direction trying to find somebody to talk to. Moving through the players and NPCs that litter the masqurade all over making it a bit difficult to maneuver without knocking into somebody. However, even through that i manage to spot somebody that is entirely alone as i go over towards them with a smile on my face wearing a lion mask that covers the entirety of the upper part of my face. I walk over towards the masculine formed person and says with a small grin on my face. So. Didn't manage to find a group to join? Not the social type are you? I ask the person curiously in my normal tone of voice. @Itzal

The man’s lips contorted, trying to hold in a laugh at Telrenya’s reaction to his suggestive playfullness. His face fell forward, his genuine belly laugh muffled by her shoulder as his arms tightened a bit around her waist. As the man returned to his full height, Jomei brought one of his hands up to free his face of the half mask for a moment, using his other hand to wipe the moisture that had formed. “I-I’m sorry..” he managed to get out between chuckles, “Its just too easy.. and you’re reactions are just too cute.”

With the ending of another slow song, Telrenya and Jomei separated with the end of their dance. “Is it already getting that late?” Jomei questioned the girl, looking towards one of the tall windows that lined the hall. The sun had set over the distant mountains of the Eleventh Floor, the ballroom depending on the light of the chandeliers above and various candles to illuminate the festivities. “Not really, I got to dance more with you, so thats really all I wanted.” Just then, Jomei had noticed that he had received a message, and as as the screen extended in front of him, he saw it was from Ryo. “Hm.. looks like Ryo is throwing an after party for the guild at his mansion.. we could go to that” Jomei smiled past the opaque screen at the blonde.

Itzal gathered a few foods onto his plate hoping that Velnia didn't follow him to the floor.  That dragon could devour everything on the tables ten thousand times over...  Then multiply that by a googleplex and still weigh the same.  Really that freaking dragon never made any sense to him.  And why the system would make a familiar designed like that in the first place was interesting...  Then again it could be set so that whenever a player seeks out their familiar, it designs the monster specifically to match their personality.  Before he could think about this more, or take a bite of the food, he heard a voice speak to him from behind and he turned around.  He recognized the voice as Hestia, and the lion mask only solidified his hypothesis.  He smiled slightly and gave a sort of off chuckle.  "Yeah well, my girlfriend, or, Fiance now, isn't comfortable around crowds.  That and everyone else was already occupied in their own groups or partners, so there wasn't anyone else I was able to speak with."

@Hestia

I hear the voice and just nods my head knowing that it is familiar, but not knowing who it is behind the mask as i try to logic my way through this. However, first being social is necessary to not give away the fact that i don't know who this is if i do know them. I then turn to @Kimi with a smile and nods my head. Yeah i know people out of the guild. As i said i do make it my job to help out those who are lower leveled. So i manage to meet quite a few people, and then there are the ones who find my shop that i get to know. I tell Kimi with a smile as i then glance back towards the other person. by the way this is Kimi. I say gesturing to the red head at my side before continuing with the conversation. Giving Kimi's hand a comforting squeeze to let her know silently she can join in the conversation whenever.  Well you could've always come talk to me you know? I'm always up for a nice conversation or two. I don't bite you know? I may be wearing a lion mask, but that doesn't mean i am as vicious as one. I say in a joking tone towards you as i look at your hair and can see that it is black. Then their is the eye color. I look around for any other things like a familiar, and don't spot one meaning that the familiar option isn't a way to recognize the person. By the way how did you think of the results for the voting? Seems like my guild leader, and his girlfriend managed to take first place. Well i am happy for the two they seem rather happy. I say with a smile as i glance over towards Jomei, and Tel where they are in the ball. Seeing them end their dance meaning that they might be going off soon. @Itzal

Kimi shied away a bit as Hestia planted a kiss on her cheek, "I'll join you i guess. I don't know too many people here so it would be a help if you could introduce me." Kimi said shyly as she hesitated to take Hestia's hand. Kimi walked side by side following Hestia to whomever she was going to see. Kimi spoke up as they went along in the ballroom, "Now that I think about it, I don't know too many people aside from our guildmates. I only really know maybe, two or three others. Sadly thought I don't go questing with either of them anymore. Its been sometime since I have at least since i've last seen them." Kimi paused for a moment to think of the last time she saw her friend Kaya who helped her when she was new before continuing. "How about you? do you know a lot of people aside from those in the guild?" Kimi asked 
@Hestia