[F11] [Event Thread] Masquerade Ball

Itzal nodded silently as Hestia mentioned that he could have come over and talked with them even though they were having a conversation of their own.  He shrugged.  "I didn't want to intrude or anything.  At any rate, what's done is done and here we are."  She then brought up the matter of the voting, which he was not comfortable with discussing since he didn't actually vote for her and Kimi.  Seeing as how he didn't want to embarrass himself, make her upset or anything, he looked for a neutral answer.  "They're your guild leaders?  Yes they do look happy together don't they?"  Itzal then turned to Hestia's partner.  He knew she was Kimi since the voting system said Hestia and Kimi, but he didn't want them to know it was him just yet so he would assume he didn't know their names.  And he'd also keep from asking what their names were either since it was a masquerade ball.  At any rate he was going to be talking with Hestia and her date...  Well this was going to be awkward.  Great thing about the mask was it completely covered and blocked any blushing he may make if things get bad.

@Hestia

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Well im not too surprised that they ended up winning thought. They do look great together and from what I know we just happened to place second. The voting went fine and honestly I didn't expect us to do well." Kimi said slightly blushing now that she realized that she practically kissed Hestia in the middle of the whole dance floor. Kimi went up to Hestia's ear and said in a low tone embarrassed. "I feel like we got second place with that kiss." Kimi paused for a moment to see how Hestia would react. Kimi then turned her attention to the player that was with them and introduced herself. "Hi there, sorry for the random introduction. its a pleasure to meet another one of Hestia's friends." She said in a very calm and friendly manner. Kimi extended her hand to greet the other player. Before continuing some small talk. "So how do you find the event so far?" She said openly to the two of them.

@Itzal @Hestia

I blush ever so slightly hearing Kimi's words as i try to keep my blush under effect. Which i don't need to worry all that much about do to my mask that is able to cover enough to not make it to troublesome about becoming a blush mess. I then focus and realizes who it is as i grin a bit knowing now that it is Itzal. Well then Itzal as i said i would like for you to meet Kimi. I say kindly to the man with a smile on my face hoping that he doesn't feel too awkward about this. Knowing he feels awkward enough talking to girls in general, but add in two then it coudl get all sorts of messy and complicated. Especially if he doesn't recognize who it is that is talking to him. Which is a possibility since he is a scout, and not some memory professional. Also yeah Jomei, and Tel function as our guild leaders basically. Which i am rather happy that i found such a guild with great people like them, and made some friends because of it even. I say rather happy how joining this guild turned out.

@Itzal

Itzal was relieved to hear that Kimi was fine with the way the voting turned out and not at all upset.  He relaxed inwardly because of this, though he still didn't want to share who he had voted for.  Especially since the reason he didn't vote for Hestia and Kimi was mainly due to his own personal beliefs.  Other's may hate him because of it, even though he had a right to his religion and say because of it.  When Kimi walked up to whisper into Hestia's ear the awkwardness in the air strengthened greatly and he turned to look out the window, thankful again for his mask.  He noted the moon and it washed a wave of calmness over him.  He had hoped that he and Kasier could walk outside in the moon's light, but she was in need of privacy tonight so that was not an option.  When Kimi spoke up again he turned to look at them, the awkwardness gone.  He nodded and shook her hand.  "Likewise."  That's when Hestia spoke up and Itzal mentally sighed.  Of course she'd figure it out.  "Always great to meet new friends Hestia."  When Kimi asked what they thought of the party Itzal's answer was simple.  "I've never had much to do in any of the social events unfortunately.  This night of all nights, since my date is needing some privacy for a bit.  She asks for it once and a while and I have no problem giving it to her, though now I simply must wait for the event to pass."

@Kimi

"Well I hope this event went well for you as it has for us." Kimi said to Itzal in a friendly tone. Kimi laughed a little bit saying, "You know I was actully planning to trade partners with Jomei and Tel for dancing just for fun. I don't know I was kinda hoping more people would end up dancing, but Its alright. We all had fun anyways." Kimi continued to try to spark up small talk just to get to know Hestia's friends a little bit, this was actually a first for her to meet someone outside her own friend circle so she hoped it would go fine. "Anyways Itzal, I'm curious if you don't mind me asking. How did you get to know Hesta?" Kimi asked genuinely curious about Hestia's friends. Kimi let the question sit for a bit as she was unsure if this was alright to ask, but she honestly wasn't to sure what to say. So far everything this evening happened nicely and the event turned out great in her opinion. 

@Itzal

Well i mean if you don't do much in terms of social events Itzal why not force yourself to go to them, and try to get to know some people. Since clearly there is players both new and old here in this event. I say looking towards a group of players that are talking amongst themselves. Able to recognize one as Benjamin glad that the alchemist is doing fairly well since last that i saw him. I then look back towards you two as Kimi talks. Well i mean i would've loved to dance with either Jomei, or Tel but that would require us to break up the cute little thing they have going on. I say with a smile on my face as i see the two leaving the masquerade for which i can only presume is party that is planned afterwards. When Kimi asks her question i just grin towards Itzal. Not going to answer since i am rather curious what is his viewpoint on how we had met, and got to know one another.

@Itzal

Itzal listened as Kimi mentioned how she was hoping to switch partners with Tel and Jomei at one point, and honestly Itzal couldn't see him or Kasier doing that.  Not only would it be terribly awkward, he felt it would be wrong for him to dance with another woman like that.  Hestia seemed to agree, though it was specifically to not mess up what Tel and Jomei had going then.  Hestia also told Itzal he could force himself to events and interact with people.  Itzal smiled but said, "I do make the attempts Hestia.  However it's far more difficult in an event like this, designed specifically for couples.  Because of the setup, the players have their own private groups to talk with.  It makes it far more difficult to join anyone's conversations."  Then Kimi asked him how he met Hestia and he blinked, though she really wouldn't see it.  "It was a while ago to be honest.  She caught me on a rather, private day.  I also found out that she doesn't give herself enough time to take a breather, so I try my best to just catch her sometimes and slow her down myself.  Enough so that she can not only rest from all the grinding, but so that she can just enjoy the world we're in right now."

@Kimi

Kimi agreed with Hestia as she mentioned that she didn't want to mess with Jomei and Tel being all cute together at the dance. Kimi scratched the back of her ear giving a  nervous laugh as she said to Itzal, "Well yeah this is a event for couples, but I came here alone." Kimi paused for a brief moment as she stared at the ground and back up at Hestia. "I came here just for fun since this is my first event. Maybe after the event ends we can all go for a quest or something if you like. If you didn't know i'm actually quite new. Recently I've been rushing myself to improve so I can catch up to Hestia and my other friends." Kimi said with a friendly smile as she suggested for a little questing. Noodle came up from behind Kimi giving her a small scare, "Ohhh hey there Noodle." Kimi looked back at Itzal to introduce her familiar, "I know its probably weird dressing up familiars, but this is my little buddy. His name's Noodle, Hes a little shark doggo." Kimi said cheerfully.

@Itzal

5 months actually is when i first met Itzal, and it was when i first started off. If i was to compare him to anything Kimi it would be this mentor figure for myself. he taught me, and got me up on my feet so i can survive and get to where i am today. I basically owe it all to Itzal. I say with a smile towards the man as i look to him. However, at the mention of not being able to relax i look towards Itzal. Oh come on with that again! I say in a whining manner, but a smile on my face to show it is a joke. You know i can relax whenever i want to itzal. you always bring this up. I say with a small pout as i cross my arms along my chest. Come on Kimi you know i can relax. right? I ask her with a smile on my face and a nervous chuckle not knowing what her answer would actually be about that. Since as far as i can remember we have only met during questing times.

After that i nods to Kimi with a smile. I like that idea of doing a quest together. Would be a nice guild bonding moment in the send of you getting to know one of the people who started the Celestial Ascendants. I say gesturing towards Itzal when i say that. by the way how has the Ascendents been going? Not any problems i hope. I ask itzal curiously as i look at him, but quickly glances towards the small shark doggo as i pick him up as he is much smaller then my Kuro as i pat his head gently. Noodle is flippin cute. He even changes when in different environments. I say towards Itzal with a grin. 

@Itzal

Itzal listened to Kimi who mentioned that she had come here by herself originally and Itzal nodded at that.  "I had noticed several people who came here alone, but they all found a partner rather quickly.  Or at least a very good friend of theirs.  Regardless I'm glad you guys were able to have fun."  Hestia then mentioned how it had been five months since they had met and Itzal blinked.  Had it really been that long ago?  When she called him a mentor and how she owed everything to him he blushed, thankful for his mask again.  "Aaaah, you don't owe me anything Hestia, I'm glad to help anyone I can in any way I can."  Upon hearing her words he looked at her through the mask.  "There's a big difference between having the ability to, and making the decision to do it.  Then following through with it.  I'll keep saying it until you publicly admit it and, hopefully, decide to take a break every now and then."  When Kimi suggested them going on a quest afterwards and how she was new at all this Itzal nodded.  "I've got no problems with that.  I'm a scout build, but depending on what quest you go on I may be a good dps player as well.  My strong suit is scouting things out however, such as materials, dungeons, etc."  When Kimi showed her pet shark dressed like a lion.  "Well holy crap, that's is adorable!  I'm sure Velnia would love to play with him, buuuuut I didn't bring her.  My dragon is a bit too hyperactive and...  Would in fact eat this entire table ten times ten thousand over...  Then proceed to a googleplex."

@Kimi

Kimi laughed at how the two of them reacted to each other. Kimi placed a hand on Hesita's shoulder and said in a jokingly, but reassuring way, "Don't worry Hestia. You're plenty relaxed from what i've noticed." The two of them really looked like good friends from what she understood which made her say, "Well you say that lots of people came here alone, but ended up finding a partner or a good friend. It looks like you two are pretty close." Kimi said in a teasing manner to both Hestia and Itzal. Kimi thought for a moment before saying. "Now that I think about it I've only known Hestia for a short while, but we've already got a lot of quests done together and what not." She said to Itzal before continuing. "I guess you can say Hestia is a sort of mentor in a way also considering how much she helped me." Once Itzal mentioned how he also has a familiar, but more specifically a dragon, Kimi's eyes brightened? "What?! I didn't know you could get a dragon?"

@Itzal @Hestia

Heeey what is that suppose to mean Kimi. I say with a little pout at her teasing before smiling taking it as the joke it is meant to be as i cross my arms. And here i thought i could trust you Kimi as my singular support i can lean on. We are guild sisters you know. You can't leave a sister left out to dry when she is calling in her hour of need. I say overdramatically to her as i lean on her shoulder and puts the back of my hand to my head and tilts my head to the side ever so slightly. however, when she continues and saying me and Itzal look close i quickly back away and shake my hands. we're just friends that is it. He has a girlfriend remember. I say speaking before my brain could catch up wiht my mouth to let me know you were joking. When i realize that i just look towards the ground looking for a out of this embarrassment. When Itzal starts getting into numbers i smile and then chuckle at the easy out as i give the man a pat on the shoulder and just chuckles. You're getting into the numbers thing again Itzal. I say jokingly to the man as he brought up googleplex. I then give a nervous chuckle to Kimi as she mentions the amount of quests completed. yeeeah i did help you with quite a bit of quests already kim. I say as i look towards her while chuckling nervously.

So then Itzal, Kimi if we did do a quest it would be a question of what quest we would want to do, but in all honesty we should talk about that later since we should be catching up and becoming closer and stuff. i say with a small chuckle as i look between the two.

@Itzal

Upon hearing Kimi mention how they seemed close, Itzal blushed for a moment and was about to tell her otherwise when Hestia did it for him.  She then looked to the ground afterwards, embarrassed.  He figured out the connection and nearly sighed, though he didn't.  Now other people were teasing him too...  Why did he run into every girl who liked to tease him?  Like seriously?  When Hestia told him he was getting into numbers again he blinked.  "Numbers?  I mean sure, but what I said is true.  There's no end to what she can eat, and somehow she doesn't gain an ounce of weight.  I wonder if her throat is a portal to the void or something."  Suddenly Kimi exploded, seeming to be bouncing with excitement about the idea of having a dragon.  Itzal chuckled.  "Yeah and I've seen two other players with dragons.  Ironically they were polar opposites of each other.  Velnia's a lightning dragon.  One of the other's was a fire dragon while the other was frost.  And yeah, we should probably discuss later since our stats may have changed by the time that happens.  It would be interesting though to do a quest with another guild."

@Kimi

Thank you to all who participated

Couples Contest Results:

1st Place: Jomei and Telrenya

• 2x Masks of the Lovers (Unique Item, Cannot be traded. Grants +1 LD, +(30*Tier) Overhealth. Does not take up an equipment slot. Masks of the Lovers' enhancements are only active when both players are in a thread together and both are equipped.)
  • 15,000 Col to be shared
  • 4 extra Red Velvet Cakes to be shared

2nd Place: Kimi and Hestia

• 10,000 Col to be shared
  • 2 extra Red Velvet Cakes to be shared

3rd Place: Beat and Shield

• 5,000 Col to be shared
  • 1 extra Red Velvet Cake to be given to one player

Every player receives 1 Red Velvet Cake for participating 

Unique Consumable: +1 LD, +1 Prosperity for the thread

Hestia 10 SP

Kimi 9 SP