Fight Dudes Fight [Pinball vs. Eatos]

It was early morning, and Pinball awoke in a strangely good mood. He had made plans, and dueling was going to become a lot more common for him very soon. But, in order to confidently do that, the shy fisherman needed to get some practice. He swiped open his menu, sliding over to the guild tab. He only knew of one person who didn't completely overlevel him (or so he heard) in the guild. Eatos, one of the leaders of the Guardians. From what Pinball knew, she played a support build, but someone who was in such a high position would surely make a good fighting partner. Still, the boy had trouble forcing himself to ask her to do that for him... especially since he had made no contact with the player whatsoever since he joined the guild. From what he knew, she had been apart of the Emerald Harbingers as well, but even then Pinball hadn't gotten the chance to meet her. "Well," he muttered, "now's as good a chance as ever." The boy stood, stretched, and made his way to the arena. 

Spoiler

To: @Eatos

Hi, It's Pinball. We haven't really met or anything, and I know this is like, super sudden, but could you duel me? I'm training for this friendly match coming up, and I need some practice. Lemme know, thanks ;-;

Pinball's Stats: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 17 | HP: 340 | EN: 34 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 6 |

Equipped: 

• Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, +1 Phase, Cursed {4 Slots} 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 2H Assault Spear ~ Rank 4
  • Fishing 
  • <<Empty>>
  • <<Empty>>

Battle Ready Inventory: 

• <<Empty>>

"Fetch!" The blacksmith threw the stick, and the large Husky shot off like a rocket to grab it. The familiar had been pestering her to go outside for a while now, so the girl had caved and now they were playing fetch at the Frostbike Lake on the 4th floor. Eatos found herself here so often, it was so common for the blacksmith now-a-ways. As she threw the stick, the message notication popped up and she read it. Pinball...She was a little caught by surprise. He stuck to himself, why was he contacting her, of all players? For a duel? She wasn't up there with combat stats, having put a LOT into healing. 

The girl sent a quick reply, before whistling for Angel to come back to her and beginning to talk to the towns teleporter. She didn't know where he wanted her to go, but if he wanted to practice. Well, she'd be more than happy to give him what he wanted.

Spoiler

@Pinball

"Sure thing Pin. I can meet you near my store on the 4th floor, or if you're not a fan of the cold. I can meet you somewhere on the lower floors'

Stats:

Spoiler

Eatos: 380/380 HP | 38/38 EN | 9 MIT | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC

Equipped: 

Celestial Sword <Katana>  3 DMG

Guardian Angel <Armour> 3 EVA

Guardian Necklace <Trinket> 3 ACC

Angel <Familiar> 9 MIT

Pinball spun around at Eatos' quick reply. He rushed to the teleporter, eager to get started. He didn't mind the cold at all, especially not after having gone fishing so often on the very same floor. Slinging his spear across his back, the fisherman made his way through the snow and cold to the blacksmith's shop. 

He got there rather quickly, the young man quite eager to get started. "H-hey," he managed, then decided to skip the pleasantries at risk of seeming rude. He wasn't any good with talking, anyways, and she knew why he was here. He figured if she wanted to talk to him, she would say something. His finger swiped through the menu, and, after a few taps, he sent the duel request, with the parameters set. 

The duel was set for Half Loss, as Pinball didn't believe that First Strike was a fair evaluation of skill, and he also wasn't a maniac who initiated Full Loss duels. He jumped backwards, a big grin on his face. "S-sorry if I'm acting weird," he apologized, brandishing his spear, "I'm just... really into this. Like - dueling. It's fun." He waited for Eatos to accept, if she did. 

Should she accept, the countdown would start, leaving Pinball to get ready, attempting to plan out what how he would start the fight. Maybe feint to the side? Or should he put distance between them? What type of weapon did she use? 

Half-Loss Duel Request sent to @Eatos

The girl was a somewhat surprised Pinball was willing to come to the fourth floor. But then again, he wasn't the most 'normal' of people so perhaps his eagerness had gotten the better of him? Without much other than a greeting, he sent Eatos the half-life duel request. The girls amber eyes watched him carefully, before shrugging. She knew that he was, well, far from the most 'normal' socially. Perhaps he was uncomfortable with small talk and opted to simply get things done? That would make some level of sense. 

"There is no need to say sorry for being yourself" The girl said as she equipped her Armour and necklace. Both would be important in battle, even more so given she knew Pinball had a unique weapon. He had asked for help, she wouldn't back away and be rude. She accessed her inventory and pulled out her weapon. A long, shiny Katana. She looked at the handle of the blade, and let out a sigh. In a way, the nightmares that came from holding a weapon had made SAO a prison. But, well, she just had to deal with it. 

She pressed the accept button as she checked her side. Angel was standing right there, growling at Pinball. The familiar knew it was battle time, it was obvious to assume that she would be aggressive, even as a Mitigation Familiar. She closed her eyes and pushed away the image that had plagued her mind. Pinball deserved the best fight she could give, she just had to ensure she remained calm at all points. 

Pinball fidgeted with his stance as the timer ticked, still a bit unfamiliar with the proper way to hold the weapon... Even with all his time with it. He frowned a bit, the anxiety in him only growing as the woman drew her katana. Then, he glanced down at her puppy, and he flinched, surprised to see such an aggressive look on such a cute creature. He hoped it wouldn't ruin their relationship afterwards. He looked from the timer to his opponent, trying to think up some kind of strategy. She had a katana, and while they were both two-handed weapons, Pinball's spear was much longer. Maybe if he kept his distance? He had never fought anything wielding a katana before, let alone a player wielding a katana. This was going to be much more difficult than your standard fights with mobs. He was going up against a living being, not a programmed mob, and he would now witness firsthand the difference in intelligence between the two. He couldn't help but let out a nervous chuckle, his face getting a bit red. "Uh, take it easy on me, yeah?"

@Eatos

ID# 95599

LD: 2 (gdi why)

Edited by Pinball

Despite the slight panic that was building up within her chest, the girl forced herself to remain calm. Even with a blade in her hand, she had to remember she was within a game. No longer in the real world, no longer in that alley way. She was standing within Sword Art Online, facing a guild mate to help him become stronger. Nothing more. She looked down the katana blade, and then up at Pinball. She could take him. He had a longer weapon, so close range was her target. Once she got on the inside, mobility with Angel, she could be able to win no issues. 

"I can't promise i'll go easy Pinball. You asked me for help, you asked me for a duel" She looked up at him, her amber eyes as calm as ice "It would be rude if i gave you anything less than my absolute best" She swung her blade around before lazily holding it to her side. 

Despite the slight panic that was building up within her chest, the girl forced herself to remain calm. Even with a blade in her hand, she had to remember she was within a game. No longer in the real world, no longer in that alley way. She was standing within Sword Art Online, facing a guild mate to help him become stronger. Nothing more. She looked down the katana blade, and then up at Pinball. She could take him. He had a longer weapon, so close range was her target. Once she got on the inside, mobility with Angel, she could be able to win no issues. 

"I can't promise i'll go easy Pinball. You asked me for help, you asked me for a duel" She looked up at him, her amber eyes as calm as ice "It would be rude if i gave you anything less than my absolute best" She swung her blade around before lazily holding it to her side. 

<ID: 95649. Ld is 18, Eatos strikes first>

The first ran forwards, pulling her Katana up and taking aim. If she had learnt one thing about combat, it was this. Sword Arts were a must! So she would steal a page from Stryder and lead this fight with a stun, her sword art. Ukifune. Getting in close, she swung her Katana hard and it woudl know Pinball back and up into the air. She knew, the way the sword art worked, she would be safe from a counter-attack. At least, for now...

Spoiler

ID: 95650

BD: 6 <Hit>

Sword Art: Ukifune. 4 Energy. 7DMG dealt

---Stats---

Eatos: 380/380 HP | 34/38 EN | 9 MIT | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC

Pinball: 

Lvl: 17 | HP: 333 | EN: 34 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 6 |

Edited by Eatos

Pinball hit the floor, the only thing keeping him upright on his knees being his spear. Static Sparks flew around the boy's body, and he found he couldn't move. In fact, his whole body felt very numb. It was very scary, but Pinball couldn't help but feel impressed by the effect. So this is what it's like being stunned, the boy thought, amazed. With a terrible struggle, he slowly managed to bring his hand up in front of his face. There was no way he was going to be able to move for a good while. With a grin, Prinball brought his head up to stare at Eatos. "Damn," he mumbled, his tongue feeling as heavy and thick as lead, "that... was... pretty good." As Eatos stood over Pinball, he braced himself for the attack he knew was going to come next. What worried the boy was the fact he knew nothing about the katana, or its sword arts. Worse still was that he also had no experience fighting other players, though that was the reason for this exercise. Gritting his teeth, Pinball tried to break through the paralysis, though he knew it was ultimately in vain. 

---Stats---

Eatos: 380/380 HP | 34/38 EN | 9 MIT | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC

{STUNNED} Pinball: HP: 333/340 HP | EN: 34 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 6 |

Edited by Pinball

To go easy on Pinball would be to be rude to his request. He had asked for a fight, and it was her duty to to her best....So why was her hands SHAKING?! She glanced down and her Katana was shifting, only slightly. But it was there. She knew why, and was fighting off the images inside her own head. She just had to ignore them, and keep doing what she was doing. Pin deserved nothing but her best. She stood a deep breath and the shaking from her blade vanished. She opened her eyes and glared at Pinball with calm amber eyes. 

"You asked for a duel. It would be rude if i didn't do my best" She spun her Katana around in her hand, before taking aim. The stun she'd applied to Pinball meant he'd been unable to fight back,  meaning it was very unlikely he could dodge her next attack. She got in close and made two quick swings with her blade, and the blow landed right in the sweep spot. Pinballs stomach. With him being stunned, there was no escape. Laning her blow, the girl took a lazy step backwards. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath as an image coated in red flash. The girl visibly flinched despite Pin just recovering from her stun. 

'Dammit! Now is not the time...calm, calm. I'm in SAO, not in that alley....' 

Stats

Eatos: 380/380 HP | 32/38 EN | 9 MIT | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC

{STUNNED} Pinball: HP: 318/340 HP | EN: 34 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 6 |

Spoiler

ID: 95812

BD; 10 (+2Crit)

Sword Art: Han'Ie (2) 7+2=9(2)= 18 Damage

Edited by Eatos

Pinball pushed himself to his feet, the numbness fading from his body. "Jesus," the boy murmured, moving his hands in front of his face. He snapped to awareness then, circling Eatos. She wasn't doing nearly as much damage as he had expected her to. But, now wasn't the time to worry about that. He charged up his highest Sword Art, Vent Forth. He let the system carry him through the motions, though the boy did wince heavily with the concluding thrust. A good chunk of her health bar was taken away, and Pinball was once again shocked. Sadly for Eatos, his weapon was relentless. A gust of icy wind and a faint blue glow of the spearhead signified Freeze activating, and a blast of white light told him that Phase activated, as well.

When his onslaught was finished, Eatos stood encased in a thin layer of ice, preventing her from moving. Pinball lowered his spear, running over to her in a panic. "Are- are you alright?!" He had never actually hit a player before, let alone froze one. It felt a lot different than freezing a mob. This was a living person; a living person he had just attacked and nearly froze solid. "I'm so sorry! Do - do you want to stop this now?" By now, Pinball had pieced together why she wasn't doing as much damage. In his excitement, Pinball must have forgotten that a healer prioritizes other players, not their own offense. "I know I asked you for the training, but - we can... we can stop." Pinball watched her, worried, though not daring to touch the ice in fear of dealing even more damage to her. 

----------------------------------------------

ID# 95818 

BD: 10 (Crit+2) 

Pinball - Vent Forth 

Phase Activates 

6+2= 8*10 = 80 - 4 = 76 DMG 

Freeze Activates! 

- 11 EN

[FROZENEatos: 304/380 HP | 32/38 EN | 9 MIT | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC

Pinball: HP: 318/340 HP | EN: 23/34 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 6 |

Edited by Pinball

Eatos knew Pinball had a unique weapon, although, she wasn't there at the event so she wasn't sure HOW it was unique. All she knew was that she had to be careful, but she blinked and found herself back in the alley. She looked at her hand, once again, it was dripping red. In those few seconds, Eatos felt her heartbeat, which had remained a steady pace in the fight, nearly triple in an instant. She took a step back, and blinked again. It was gone! But, Pinball was right there swinging at her, and her Katana was lying on the ground where she'd dropped it when she'd found herself back in that alley. She had frozen for a few seconds, and now couldn't move, she tried but it was as if her body wasn't responding to what she was telling herself to do!

For many moments, panic set in. It was all too familiar, a lack of feeling in her body, a blade and a target. She closed her eyes tight and tried to block the entire world out, even letting out a scream of "GET AWAY!" As the world around her melted away and she could hear a voice, not her own, in her head. She tried to move, but the Freeze effect negated her such as basic commodity and the fear she felt within her chest grew even worse. She could no longer hear Pinball, he had faded away entirely. She was muttering a single sentence, over and over and over, quietly under her breathe as she was frozen, eyes shut tight "Not again, oh god please not again" 

His eyes widened, and he cast his spear aside. The girl was freaking out, and Pinball started to panic as well. "E-Eatos?!" He watched as the Freeze slowly started to fade away, not even caring about the duel anymore. This was more important. What happened? What did I do? Is she ok? These were among the comprehensible thoughts that ran in and out of the boy's head. He backed away as she ordered, unsure of what he should do. She kept repeating the same phrase, over and over. What got to her? Pinball could only guess, and none of them were any good. There was nothing he could do with freeze effecting her, though. The only thing he could do was watch, and hope she didn't somehow manage to hurt herself in her panic. Is this what a mental break is? He swiped open his menu, opening his guild tab and getting ready to send a message to Stryder. He looked up as freeze completely faded away, and stopped mid sentence. "Eatos? Are.. are you alright?" He asked carefully, his voice thick with worry. 

---------------------------------------

Pinball takes no action.

Eatos thaws out. 

+1 Passive EN

Eatos: 304/380 HP | 32/38 EN | 9 MIT | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC

Pinball: HP: 318/340 HP | EN: 24/34 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 6 |

The voice in her head kept talking, telling her to pick up the blade. Take the knife and stab them. Just this once, babe, for me. Please. It won't happen again, i made an error...

The voice was right in her ear, it always was right ther. The girl, feeling herself able to move, collasped onto the ground and covered her head with her arms. The duel no longer existed in her mind, and Pinball was gone. It was just the voice, that one tormenting voice. With her eyes shut tight, Eatos heard a voice. If she were rational, she'd know it was her guild mate. But days of nightmares, hearing that voice over and over. She was far from sane and rational. 

Suddenly, the girl stops moving and uncurls, looking up at Pinball. There were no tears in her eyes, but Pin didn't have to be a genuis to see there was genuine terror buried in her amber eyes. Her breathing had slowly started to slow down as she made no attempt to stand up. "..I...i'm sorry Pin. I just....Please, just, keep what happened to yourself...i..." She couldn't find the words to explain. How could she explain what had happened, why it happened. She knew, but gods, she hated it. "I...i do't think this is how a duel is meant to go, with us just...chatting. S-sorry, i'm not a good dueling partner..." Her mind was doing anything it could to move on, trying to act as if she hadn't had a mental breakdown mid-fight. 

He grit his teeth, but he did as she asked. He swiped up, dismissing his menu, and the messager with it. She told him to keep it to himself. But should he really? This was definitely strange. Something was wrong, and it hurt his heart to ignore it. He shook his head, his face betraying worry. "No," he said firmly, picking up his spear so as to avoid eye contact, "it's fine. The duel is over. I forfeit." He shrugged, forcing a smile, trying to ease her own worry. "Don't worry about it, man."  He cared more about this then winning a duel. He scratched the back of his head, retrieving his spear from where he had cast it aside. "W-what happened?" he asked nervously. He wondered if he had the right to know. If he even wanted to know. But, he couldn't just dismiss it as if it were nothing. He wasn't good at comfort, sadly, but he knew how to listen, and that was all he himself wanted in times of distress as well; somebody to listen. He gulped, then attempted to muster up the courage to speak. "D-do you want to talk about... talk about whatever it... it is? Do you wanna talk about it?

--------------------------

Pinball forfeits. 

Eatos is the [WINNER] 

Eatos: 304/380 HP | 33/38 EN | 9 MIT | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 3 ACC

Pinball: HP: 318/340 HP | EN: 25/34 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 6 |

The girl didn't bother trying to stand up, she knew her legs wouldn't take her yet. "Please Pin, just...keep this to yourself. I don't need anyone to...baby me, i'll handle this" She said. Did she expect him to talk, yes. She knew her mental break was far from normal, but there was nothing she could do about it. She woudln't tell him why, it was her burden to beat. She shook her head at Pinball, and whislted with Angel coming to her side. She used the familiar to help lift herself up.

"Its...back in the real world, Pin. I made some bad decisions, a lot actually. But there are a few things you never forget, and aren't forgivable. I'm not going to share my burden, but just..." She let out a sigh as she tried to reel back in all the emotion that had exploded out of her. "I'll be fine, and please. Just keep this to yourself, i'll handle it. I always have..."She wasn't sure what else to say. She wouldn't have him knowing, couldn't. She was a leader of a guild that dispised Player Killing. How would they react upon learning that one of the leaders had done one worse than kill in game? 

He listened to all Eatos said. His eyes looked upwards. Snow drifted lazily down from the dark clouds that seemed to cover the sky. His hand slid against the shaft of his spear, and he slumped to the ground. Pinball sat in the snow, his head towards the sky. He looked back down, quite a bit nervous. He fiddled with his hands, before shoving them both deep into the snow, his face turning red. "It's... it's fine." He grit his teeth, an anxious habit of his. "I've done crappy things, too." It was true, but the way Eatos spoke made it seem like whatever she had done was a lot more severe than emotionally harming things Pinball had done. Nonetheless, he thought it important to try and comfort her. He shook his head, suddenly a bit angry. Why the hell did he care? It wasn't any of his business. Pinball's eyebrow twitched, then he sighed. "Whatever it is, I won't go telling people about this. Not because you told me not to - I just... I just don't do stuff like that." He laughed, standing and shaking his head. "People who like to gossip about other people's social lives are the worst."

Eatos let out a sigh of relief. It appeared pin would keep it to himself, and that was all that mattered. She needed to find a way to solve her issues, to hold her Katana, or any weapon, without panic consuming her and finding herself back in the alley. 

"I really appreciate it Pin. The others don't need to know, a-and, well, the less know the better" If any of them asked what caused the break, well, she didn't have the answer for that. She wouldn't tell them the truth, that she was having flashbacks to a time where she had committed her ultimate sin. If any of them knew, they'd, well...It was her burden, the sin that she, and she alone, should bear. She placed her weapon away within her inventory, not risking to have it on herself than she absolutely had to.

"...D-do you wanna rest at mine for a bit? I've got a couch you can rest on, and i think i have some food if you're hungry..."