[PP-F11] A Drink at the Boar's Tusks

Embers had never had the best temper, and it was something she was constantly told to fix, and prompted ignored. Her already violent nature exploded when Pinball, who she had just wanted a chat with, went off. At Glasses, but his worst offense, was firing a shot at her. And his last sentence, a challenge, a threat. Embers body moved before she even knew what had happened.

Her elbow shot forwards and rammed into the boys stomach, hard. The phantom paid would force him to double over, and then the girl would grab his shoulders and shove him hard into the wall near the door. The fire in Embers eyes was wild, uncontrolled and begging for violence. “Come on, say that again to my face!” The girl yelled, her hands made into fists “Say that again and see how long you last!” The girl wanted nothing more than Pinball to get up, only so she could beat him into the dirt.

Of course, that’s when a new person arrived. Or at least, when Embers noticed the girl. Who the hell was she? Was this that Tsu person, or someone else? Not wanting to beat the crap out of them, Embers moved to the bar and downed 3 drinks quickly, trying to bring her blood rush in, or risk getting into a fight with every single person here.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo, hit a nerve there, he thought, taking a sadistic delight in Paglikha's reaction. Pinball was slammed against the wall, and he made no move to defend himself. This was what he wanted, and what little regret he had felt washed away in that moment. He loosed a wicked grin, not shying away from Emebrs' glare. Pinball proved he had a backbone at the worst of times. "I'd like to see you say that to me outs-" he stopped cold. "Pin, are you alright, ribbit? What's going on here? I came here to apologize to you Pin, but why are you so mad, rrrrrribbit?" His fists clenched. No, was all he thought. 

"You," he said softly. Then, rougher. "You." His voice was shaking now, whether from anger or sadness, or a mixture of the two, was too hard to tell. "Why do you... Why?" He couldn't think straight, he couldn't speak firmly, he couldn't focus on one thing in particular to talk about. Everything in that moment suddenly seemed surreal. He felt like he was in a dream; or like he was watching a movie, and somebody else was playing his part. He snapped back to reality, and tears sprung to his eyes. He looked Paglikha, slumped over the counter, Embers, downing glass after glass, and Froppy, standing in the doorway. He grit his teeth, wiping his eyes. 

Why do you push people away? Her words echoed in Pinball's mind. Words from his first year in this hell. He shook his head, a fresh wave rushing down his face despite his best efforts. He had tried. He really had. You're better off alone. He knew what he had to do. Paint yourself the villain, so they leave you alone. They'll be happy, then. That's all that matters. He glared at Froppy, closing his mouth up tight. "You're worse than the both of them, do you know that?" He let out a small growl, his hands grabbing fistfuls of his hair. "Why can't you leave me the hell alone?! Always sticking your nose in my god damn business! I don't want to be anywhere around you, or that..." Pinball bit his lip, pausing, then resumed, much more quietly than he had just been, "or that freakish tongue of yours. The only reason people hang around you is out of pity.

It hurt him deeply to say the things he had. He pushed past Froppy rather forcefully, making for the door. He stopped, offering one last sidelong glance at the bar and its patrons. "I don't need any of you," he spat, walking out the door, "I don't want any of you near me. To hell with all three of you." He slammed the door, storming off into the streets of Taft. Tears poured down his cheeks, but he didn't slow down or stop to regret what he had done. Pinball lost himself. 

<<PINBALL HAS LEFT THE THREAD>>

Edited by Pinball

Tsu waved to Kalu but was surprised when he fell over on the counter and passed out. Shoot, it's his narcelepsy thing again. Tsu was about to head over and help, but then Pin yelled at Tsu again, telling her that she was worse than both of them, and that she kept getting in his business. Tsu was about to explain herself that she loved him, but then he said that words that made Tsu snap. Pin didn't want to be around her because of her freakish tongue, and that people only hung around her because of pity.

Tsu's left twitched a little bit as she started to tune everything out. "Pity." Tsu echoed the word as Pin left, it had dawned on her now that Pin had always seen her as a freak. Tsu looked at the passed out Kalu as tears started to stream out of her eyes. "Him too huh, ribbit. Just like all the others! I don't want your damn pity, ribbit!" Tsu was shouting now, trying to control herself. Tsu pulled out her rapier and started stabbing herself in the stomach repeatedly. It was a safe zone and she wasn't losing health, but she could sure as hell feel it. Tsu continued to stab herself, tears streaming out of her face. "Pity! Pity! Pity! Lies! Lies! Lies! Nothing ever changes, ribbit! Pin, Kalu, everyone! It's just a stupid god damn pity party, ribbit!" Tsu shouted as she stabbed herself. A wicked smile came across Tsu's face after she did the last ribbit. Tsu stuck her tongue all the way and held it with one hand. She took her rapier and was about slash her tongue off, but she stopped just before hitting it. "I can't. I can't! Why can't I do it?! It's not fair, ribbit! I'm just some stupid freakshow for everyone to laugh at! Even Pin, the one I thought that I loved called me a freak, ribbit.Tsu said to herself as she put away her rapier. There were quite a few holes in her abdomen, but Tsu went back to having a straight face as she walked over to the sleeping Kalu. "Hey Kalu, wake up. You might have had too much to drink didn't you, ribbit?" Tsu asked in a bit of a joking manner, going back to her normal self.

However, Kalu never visited his nightmarish past. Rather, he had a glimpse into what may have been his future. It looked as if there were two sides of the room. The left side housed him in his usual nature, but the right side housed someone else. The man on the right side had a face and appearance identical to Kalu’s but it was still different. He was smiling and it appeared that no emotions were forced, as if he was truly happy. Next to him was… Is that Tsu?

Kalu walked over and felt himself gravitating towards the left room. He overheard himself, his current self speak of his regrets during life as he chugged a bottle of beer. He survived SAO, but he lived the rest of the game as a coward who had done zero contributions.

However, Kalu willed himself to move to the right room. The conversation was oddly normal, speaking of everyday life. He found it calming within the current sea of chaos. Is this even possible?

That's when the Tsu in the right room began to address Kalu. Hey Kalu, wake up. You might have had too much to drink didn't you, ribbit?” 

Kalu sat up straight with a deep gasp as if he was being asphyxiated just moments ago. Looking around the room, he wasn't able to see Pinball anywhere. He threw the glass of wine at the far wall and heard the crash as the glass turned into blue crystals. ”I’m- I'm sorry… Maybe you’re right. I’ll stay here though. I just came here to clear my head, not to turn into my... You know. Folks”, Kalu said as he tried his best to reassure Tsu and, in a way, himself. ”How… How have you been? Would you like something to drink?”

He did not know what happened when he was out, and he was unable to tell the difference between Tsu before and Tsu now. At least, not the way he viewed her. A dream is a dream. There’s no way she’d even accept me, Mr. Emotionless.

Embers had placed some distance between herself and the others, not wanting to beat them within inches of their lives purely because of the stupidity of that Pin person. She had every godo mind to pull out her Scythe and carve him up into tiny pieces, he had pissed her off. She had managed to push away the blood haze  that had threatened her right as that idiot yelled.

She looked up as Pin stormed out of the bar, and Embers smirked. Perfect, now he was a perfect target. Standing up at her full height, the girl took several steps forwards, intending to fight Pinball and beat him within an inch of his useless life. However, Tsu’s actions caught her eye first.

She hadn’t noticed the other girls tongue, but now she did, some of what he said made sense. And it pissed her off, beyond rational comprehension. The only thing that stopped her from lashing out at Pin was an odd-sense of care. That girl, Tsu, was different. How dare that piece of….

Embers walked to Tsu, and placed a hand on the girls shoulder. Embers face had an angry look on it, her eyes dancing with violence. “He isn’t worth your time” she said simply as she looked at the other girl with a single question dancing in her own head. Why the HELL DID SHE CARE?!

“That pin idiot, isn’t worth it. Find the people who don’t give a damn about what makes you different” She took a sharp breath “Simple rule shrimp. Those who matter don’t care that you’re different, and those who care that you’re different, don’t matter” Embers wasn’t sure why she was sharing this, but the other girl seemed to need it, much like she did all those years ago. If she lashed out against her, or herself, Embers would ‘act. At any attempt to hurt herself, Embers would grab Tsu’ arms ensuring she couldn’t hurt herself.   

Tsu listened to Embers tell her that Pin wasn't worth her time, and Tsu's curled her fists up a little bit. She wasn't mad at Embers, she was still angry at Pin, just a bit more concentrated now. Embers told Tsu to find people that didn't care what made her different, and Tsu nodded her head. "Yeah, he isn't worth it, ribbit. I made the mistake of falling in love with him. But after what you said, now I know who actually cares about me, rrrrrribbit." Tsu said, turning to Kalu as he woke up. Tsu wasn't going to hurt herself anymore, but instead she was going to just suck it up and put on a smile. 

Kalu had said he was just clearing his head, and he didn't want to turn into his folks. Then when asked how Tsu had been, her eyes started to tear up as she then proceeded to hug him. "I-I've been fine! Just fine, rrrribbit! Pin said that everyone hung around me out of pity, but I know you aren't like that, rrrribbit! I love you, you're the only who cares, I can't imagine myself going on in life without you, rrrrribbit! Please be my valentine, just for today!" Tsu exclaimed, hugging Kalu still. He was the one, no one else could replace him in the way that Tsu felt. Even if they hadn't know each other for that long, Tsu could tell that he was the one.

Kalu was surprised that Tsu had hugged him, let alone that she had just confessed to him while claiming that Pinball had just accused everyone of only pitying Tsu. I’m obviously missing some context here. What happened when I was asleep? Kalu awkwardly put his arms around Tsu and reciprocated the embrace as he tried to figure out what he’s supposed to do right now. However, his mind went blank. This was nothing that he has ever experienced. Nothing was even close to the ballpark or the same universe that Kalu had experienced up to now. He was just having a dream of being together with Tsu and it happening just moments after waking up was extremely shocking to Kalu. What is going on here?

After a few seconds of embracing her, Kalu relaxed his arms and looked Tsu in the eyes. Well, I might as well try to say something inspiring and say the things that first come to mind. ”Obviously, Pinball doesn’t know what he’s talking about. As Embers has said, ‘those who matter don’t care that you’re different.’ Since I’ve been in Aincrad, you’re the only one who hasn’t seen me as a stranger, an acquaintance, a plausible prospect. You’re the first person in my entire life to make me happy, and I want to return those feelings. So of course, I’ll be your Valentine’s. Kalu smiled softly. However his mind jumped all over the place, wondering where did those words come from to what is being someone’s Valentine’s, before remembering that Embers was still there. I hope Embers doesn’t feel awkward or feel like she’s a third wheel. After all, things went from Pin being the third wheel to me passing out and becoming a fourth wheel. Kalu, trying to convey his thanks, nodded to Embers. 

Embers, in part, was just baffled the hell was happening. First Tsu was in love with Pin, but now it was with Glasses? God was everyone high on LSD or something? Ot had people managed to get drunk without her realizing? That seemed, to her, as the only logical explanation for what the hell she was witnessing. Of course, it was at the point that Embers realized a simple truth.

She didn’t care.

Whatever had just happened, she truly didn’t’ care for it. The only part she cared for was Pins rudeness to her and the possible suicidal attempt by the Frog-Girl. Despite glasses being seemingly zoned out or the rather odd declaring as partners, Embers shrugged and ordered another drink.

“Congrats or whatever people are meant to say” Embers said finally, either unaware she was the third wheel, or simply not giving a damn that she was. “Look, I won’t pretend to know what the hell happened, and frankly, I don’t care too much for it. Now can we get back to drinking or are you gunna get all squishy on me with romance?”

Tsu got a warm smile on her face when Kalu said yes to being her valentine, saying that she had been the only one to make him happy so far in Aincrad. He said that Pin didn't know what he was talking about, and that he didn't matter. After he let go of the hug for a second, Tsu decided to give Kalu a quick kiss on the lips and stayed there for a few seconds before breaking out of the hug and kiss, sitting back in her own seat and ordering a drink. Embers had said congrats or whatever, and then so that she didn't care and wanted to get back to drinking. Tsu gave Embers a quick slap across the face with her tongue, leaving a small amount of slime on her face. Tsu's drink arrived and then she took a sip of it before turning back to Embers, letting her tongue hang out. "Sorry for slapping you, but we were having a bit of a moment there, ribbit. Normally I wouldn't mind, but today's Valentine's Day, so sorry, ribbit." Tsu apologized in a bit of a serious tone.

“Yeah, we can go ba-” Kalu was cut off as Tsu placed her lips onto his. Kalu, was to say the least, caught off guard and wasn’t actually able to appreciate the gesture. At this current juncture in time, Kalu was trying to remember the reason why he had gotten in this position, almost as if someone had possessed him and made him say those things. However, what he had said was some of the most honest - and instinctual - words that had ever came out of his mouth. However, Kalu kept on coming to one thought that summed up his entire experience of this evening’s events.

I honestly have no clue what has been going on this entire day. When Tsu finally broke the kiss, she tongue slapped Embers, and if being around Embers for this short amount of time taught him anything, he learned that she was someone you don’t annoy. Kalu stood up and began talking to both Tsu and Embers. “Now let’s settle down. Let’s have a drink in peace and have a good time this evening. There’s no real reason to fight.” Please do not make me have to intervene any further than this. I don’t want to get into the middle of another brawl. Kalu sat back down and requested something from the bartender. “Another glass of wi- A glass of water, please.” Well, it certainly wasn’t bad but no reason to fall into that habit.

@Embers

Embers watched as Glasses and Frog-Girl gave each other a kiss, and the girl had to actually put effort into not mocking them outwardly. She had always found the whole ‘love’ thing stupid, namely when aimed at other people. People changed, that’s the nature of people. Why love someone if they’re going to change into someone you don’t love anymore? In Embers experience, there are very few people worth putting the effort into loving. Yourself, and her father. The person who allowed her to become whoever she wanted to be.

However, all of what she was watching was ignored when she felt the girls long frog tongue slap her across the face. In that very instant, Embers felt her anger spike up. Who cares if they were having some stupid moment, how DARE she hit her! Embers made a fist with her right hand, right as Glasses moved between her and Tsu.

You know, if it wasn’t for Glasses, I’d of tossed you into that wall for that slap…” Embers ordered, yet another drink “So fine, but next time you slap me, I don’t care if Glasses or your entire guild tells me to stop, I will hit you back”  

Tsu was about to add to what she was going to say to Embers for messing with their moment, but then Embers threatened to hit her and Tsu sort of flinched and shut up. Tsu did not want to take any sort of risks with Embers at all, with her already seeming like the violent type. Tsu leaned forward on the counter as Kalu almost ordered a glass of wine, and instead switched to water. Tsu ordered a glass of water as well and took a small sip. It was a bit awkward at the moment, with a threat of being thrown at the wall. Embers seemed the most angry at the moment, obviously not liking being slapped by Tsu's tongue. She wanted to at least tey and make her laugh a little. So Tsu decided to break the silence and stuck her tongue out across and over to Embers, before poking her on the nose, leaving her tongue there. "Boop, ribbit."

That’s a relief, I was able to fix the situation. I don’t know what I would have do-. Kalu heard Tsu say something, but wasn’t able to quite catch what she said. Turning to face her, Kalu was unsurprised of what he saw. Tsu had booped Embers in the nose. Kalu knew that this may either lead to a good laugh around the counter, or lead to a brawl fight. Despite this, he just turned back towards the counter and raised the glass of water to his lips.

It’s nice to relax once in a while. Kalu set down his glass of water as he started humming a song that he does not quite remember what the tune was from. For the longest time, he’d hum it but never know where it came from. When the world came crashing down on him, he had that tune to fall back onto to steady himself just a small bit before returning to the fray. His shoulders relaxed as he hummed his little song and he hoped that this tune would somehow calm down Tsu and Embers before any violent action is taken due to the small joke.

Embers noticed the flinch, and grinned. So this girl was aware she should be feared. Good. Embers was more than happy to move on, after all, there was only so much that got into her blood before it would eventually fizzle out. The, admittantly pathetic, scuffle with Pin had left her on a high. But with nothing to follow it up, it had burnt itself out like a drug in her system.

That was when the tongue touched her again. The hell?! What was with this girl and touching her with the damn tongue!? She battered the tongue away instantly “Urgh, just…stop touching me with that. It’s like if I was to lick you, its just gross” Embers was fine with physically contact, and licking was good at some times when things to interesting. But this was NOT one of those times.

The girl crashed onto one of the seats and leaned back, taking her drink down.  

Tsu leaned back in her seat and tried not to act afraid of Embers. The girl had went from telling her that Pin wasn't worth and supporting her to getting mad at her and hitting her tongue. Embers told Tsu to stop, saying that it was gross and it was like licking. "It was just a quick tap on the nose, ribbit. I didn't lick you, it's not even gross, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu said, before proceeding to boop Embers on the nose again from across the bar. She was hoping to get Embers laugh at least once and fix things between them. Tsu didn't really see anything wrong or gross about poking Embers's nose, it was just something she did. To Tsu, her tongue was just another hand for her to use. It wasn't really gross at all to her. It was like the same thing if you were to boop someone with your finger.

I’m sorry Embers. Kalu looked over to Embers getting booped on the nose once again and being told that it was perfectly normal and shouldn’t be gross. “Just think of it like a dog licking your face. It should help you understand that it’s supposed to be an affectionate and playful gesture.”

Kalu was still being slightly overwhelmed by the current situation. One moment he was asleep dreaming of a seemingly impossible future and the moment he woke up it did not just become possible, it became probable. I still can’t wrap my head around this. Kalu finished his glass of water and pretty much stood there until he realized he hadn’t had any food yet. Kalu called for the bartender. “Would you happen to have any Sinigang?” When the bartender NPC shook his head, Kalu couldn’t help but let out a sigh. Maybe I should’ve become a cook so I could have a small taste of Filipino food. “I’ll take a porkchop.”

Embers felt her anger being tickled up once again, and the girl rolled her head. Gods she just wanted to fight something, kick the crap out of it until it couldn’t move. She grinned, she knew who she could contact for a fight, just beat the hell out of the other until she felt better. She was about to send that person a message, when the damn tongue touched her again!

The girl snapped, and threw her glass against the wall, it shattering and exploding as she stood up, an angry glare at Tsu. Her open mouth was cut off by Glasses speaking, trying to make it as if it were a dog licking Affection. But Embers had let the train off, there was no stopping.

“There is two damn differences between you licking me, and a dog” she said loudly “Difference one, you’re human, not some animal. I don’t care that your tongue is what it is, or if you had bloody, animals ears. And the second” and the second is what pissed her off the most “I told you not to touch me. Right now, there are a few things I wanna do and most of them include my fist or my weapon. Neither I wanna pull on you” the girl moved away, giving herself some distance. She knew herself and knew that part of her wanted to just fight someone. If Tsu kept insisting on agitating her, then Embers knew the frog girl was a target in her mind.  

Tsu was feeling a bit of amger swell inside of her now that Embers was continuing to take her actions in the wrong way. Embers told her she was human and not some animal, along with saying that she wanted to do things with her fists and her weapons. "I'll have you know I'm, 14 percent frog, ribbit. I was just trying to have a little bit of fun and maybe lightening the mood, but you seem to make that impossible, ribbit.Tsu said, trying to defend her actions. As much as she wanted to, Tsu couldn't bring herself to hit Embers. "So Embers, I am sorry for touching you, ribbit. I'd rather just take a shot and put this all behind us, agreed, rrrrrrrrribbit?" Tsu apologized, before ordering a shot of vodka and then gulping it down.

“Okay calm down you two,” Kalu called out to both Tsu and Embers who have been increasing their agitation - and their willingness to do what is necessary to release that agitation - as the bar tender put down the porkchop right in front of him. After giving the NPC his thanks, he ate it relatively quickly without really bothering to stop to talk any further. I’d like for them to resolve their issues by themselves, but one of them is really fiesty and the other one doesn’t like to cause trouble for anyone.

After finishing the plate, Kalu stood up to hug Tsu and shake Embers hand before standing at the entryway. “There’s been a lot of things going on tonight. I think I’m going to head off to sleep, it’s getting late anyways. Goodnight to both of you,” Kalu said as he walked out of the bar and towards the warp pad.

Finally the girl applogised for touching her, gods was it that hard for people to listen these days? She told the frog girl to stop, and she hadn’t, which had made her anger start to flare up. She knew she was easily aggravated, however, knowing and stopping it, were two different things entirely and she had never cared to even try and moderate her behaviour before.

“Good” she said simply before mimicking Tsu and getting a shot of her own, even if the game didn’t allow her to get drunk, she may as well try. Who knows, maybe one of the developer people got lazy in their job. Throwing the glass into the wall, the girl shook Glass’ hand as he left. Leaving just herself, and Frog-Girl.

“Well…” the girl said loudly as she accessed her inventory and pulled out her Scythe. “Shouldn’t you be leavin’ with your man?” she asked lazily as she herself headed for the door “Oh, on a side note, if you see that stain, pin-whatever, get your guild leader to contact me, I’ll handle him…my way”