«PP-F1» The First Few Lessons Are Free (Reinka)

The vast city that was the Town of Beginnings held many things to keep the players busy, especially those not ready to venture up to the other unlocked floors. The one thing that caught Sorra's attention, however, was a quest line created just for beginners. Though he had never decided to venture out into the town to find where to take the quests, he remembered his sister telling him about where to find the first NPC to start the quest-line. If only Sorra remembered just where that quest giver was.. the only thing he remembered was a name and that it was an apothecary. 

"Zackariah? ... no... Here?... no.." 

The blue haired man stopped before each store front, either looking through an open doorway, or observing the small wooden signs that displayed in front of the shops. Most of what he walked past seemed to just be houses for the NPCs that walked the village each day on their predetermined tasks, or the occasional general store. Stopping in his tracks, Sorra rose a hand up to his face, pinching the skin at the bridge of his nose, his blue eyes shutting as he let out a small sigh. 

"Maybe I should just ask someone..." 

Just as the thought crossed his mind, a red haired woman who stood about his height walked by. "E-Excuse me Miss." Sorra called out after her as he took a few steps to catch up, "Sorry to bother you.. Would you be able to tell me where Zackariah's shop is? I'm trying to take the quest he offers." The blue haired man was bashful with his questioning, a hand raising to rub at the back of his neck. 

Edited by Sorra

Reinka stopped walking and instead leaned against one of the building walls, and looked at the blue haired man in front of her. His hair was pretty striking and then she looked at his face.  She looked around wondering if someone was about to prank her but it didn’t seem so. She smiled happily. It was nice to meet someone who wasn’t going to come up to her and try to con her out of something. At least that was what she was hoping for.

“Hello there. What’s the trouble?” she asked willing to help out another player. “Oh hey yeah, I took his quest not long ago, he’s one of my favorite NPCs actually. Sure I’ll show you the way.”

She pushed off the wall and decided to lead the way.

“Just be careful when I did this quest I had some other players direct me to the wrong place later on. It was frustrating. Hey, the name is Reinka, why don’t I just tag along so what happened to me doesn’t happen to you…..Mr….” She looked at him curious what his name was now.

Post count 186

Edited by Reinka

As Sorra approached the woman, she seemed a bit hesitant to speak at first, her eyes shifting in each direction of the street. Though in the end, when she turned upon the man with her kind, red eyes, she smiled and asked what he needed. Sorra, let out the small breath that he did not realize he was holding, relieved that she was kind enough to listen to his request for help. After explaining just what it was that he was looking for, the girl agreed to show him the way. Sorra bowed his head respectfully, "Thank you so much." Returning back to a regular standing position, he followed beside the redhead. 

Sorra listened carefully as she explained what she had gone through when she first took the quest, apparently being tricked into going to the wrong spot to gather the materials. He could not help but frown a bit at her story, feeling bad that someone would stoop to that level of messing with a player just trying to take a simple quest. Sorra found himself nodding along to her advice, nearly missing her introduction. "Oh my name is Sorra, it's nice to meet you Reinka. And yeah, I'd really appreciate the company, thank you."

“No problem. I’m happy to help. I’ll add you to my friends if that’s all right. It’s nice to meet nicer people.”

She led the way to one of the shops and opened the door. It chimed with a bell on top of the door. She smiled at the familiarity.  It was a small hole in the wall type of place, but it was on the block that was the exit for the town.

“Here you go this is just the first part.” She smiled happily knowing there would be more to come.

She wondered how much of the quest he knew about, for her it was a surprise, and she liked it that way. She looked over at the table where he was counting his materials again. She smirked at how relaxed he was.

“It’s hard to remember they’re them right. He’s still my favorite so far. I’ll wait for you by the door.” She whispered happily.

Word count 159

"Yeah, that's fine with me." Sorra said with a smile, as he awaited the friend request from Reinka. This would actually be the first time he added someone since his sister, had he really been that secluded all this time? Once the small screen appeared in front of him, Sorra tapped on the small circle to accept the request, shining another quick smile at her as they continued forward. 

Finally the two arrived in front of a small shop, the small sign with a  triangular flask on it depicting it was an apothecary. Reinka took the lead in opening the door, the small bells attached to the door frame chimed as the wooden door pushed past them. Behind the counter was an older gentleman, with long grey hair and a beard to match. In his hands was a beaker filled with a steaming blue liquid. His kind eyes rose to meet the two players, the mustache on his upper lip curving as he smiled. "Welcome, I am Zackariah. Hm.. I don't think I've seen you around here before, you must be new." 

Sorra looked over to Reinka with a smile before parting from her, walking towards the counter while she waited by the door patiently, "Yes sir. I heard you could help me out." 

"Hmmm..." Zackariah stroked his beard before shining them a half smile, "Tell you what. I can show you how to make some potions that'll come in handy later on.. But first, you're going to have to go out and find some materials to make them." Zackariah took a small piece of parchment from inside of his desk and began to jot down a few things on the paper before handing it over. "Go find these items, there should be a spot right outside of town where you can find them all. Then bring them back here and we can get started." 

As Zackariah extended his hand forward with the paper, a small screen appeared in front of Sorra 'Beginner Quest: The First Few Lessons Are Free. Accept?' With a confident nod, the man tapped on the small circle to accept the quest, taking the paper from the potions seller afterwards. "Thanks, I'll be back soon." Turning back to Reinka, he smiled at her, "So, wheres this spot you were telling me about?" 

She gave him a thumbs up and watched him interact with the old man. It warmed her heart, it was one thing that wouldn't change in SAO and she enjoyed that. Even if he tended to repeat himself a lot afterward she still looked up to that NPC. She pushed off the wall she was leaning against and went out of the shop and to the fields.

"So this is the stage one fields if we stay over here we won't run into enemies, it's a cozy spot with a light snow dusting. Last time I was here I made a snowman and it actually worked. Seems to be gone now though."

There was a dusting on the grass but there were piles of snow further out. This place was mostly plains but there were various fruit trees scattered about to break the monotony of the landscaping. She rubbed her arms feeling a bit cold but got over it quickly. She liked the cold but she'd never get used to the game feeling cold when it looked fridged enough to have her running inside.

"I'll let you look for the quest items yourself. I'm not sure a player on the quest can even find what was on the list he gave you." (OOC: I asked I can't help you find it but I can push posts along) "It'll feel good getting the quest done on your own anyway, wouldn't want to steal the feeling of accomplishment away." 

She started digging through the snow.

"So trying to find anything works a little how it does in real life. He might have asked you for a root or a nut or a nettle. I believe in your abilities to find it though. Um, I guess it's kind of self-advertisement.....Sorry there's no good way to do that but um, I'll be opening up a potion shop later if you ever need something like that, and a friend of mine is opening a guild for anyone who would like it. I met him recently and well it's nice not sleeping on the streets, at least I hope it will be. So, what's a cool guy like you like? Of course, I'm not asking for an answer now or anything, just um, throwing it out there." She asked as she kept looking around for material of her own to use in a shop.

ID# 95881 results: 19
Reinka has 1 mat

Edited by Reinka

Sorra's chin rose, his eyes remained locked on the large archway that served as one of the entry and exit points of the Town of Beginnings. As his gaze returned back to the earth in front of him, the realization of moving out of the safe zone crossed his mind. Both of his hands rose to the handle that poked out over his left shoulder, yanking the weapon from his back. With Daybreak now free from the leather straps that held it to his back, Sorra led the weapon rest upon his shoulder, holding the handle in place with his wrist. Reinka seemed pretty much calm about moving out into the fields and not in the safe zone, but Sorra was not about to take any chances, and wanted to be ready just in case. 

Sorra's boots pushed through the thin, white blanket of snow that topped the ground, revealing the green grass behind him with each step. Again, Sorra found his eyes wandering about the horizon in front of them, admiring the beauty and vast landscape of Aincrad's largest floor. He wondered just what the other floors above this one held in store for him. Finally, Reinka came to a stop and turned to Sorra, letting him know they they would not find any monsters roaming this portion of the fields. Sorra smiled and offered a polite nod, before returning his large blade to his back. "That's a relief."

"Oh right.." Sorra said to himself as he took the list Zackariah had given him from his pocket. He read over the contents before lowering the note again, "Just some random herbs, seems simple enough." Finding a spot that seemed suitable enough, Sorra began to dig through the snow. As if the snow did not make it tough enough to find the right materials he needed, Sorra had no idea what any of the herbs Zachariah listed looked like. Though his focus was on looking for whatever he could find, he listened to Reinka speak.

"Oh you'll be opening your own potion shop?" Sorra said, looking over his shoulder with a smile. "I heard about that quest.. the one you need to take for a profession.. Though I don't know what I want to do yet, so I haven't bothered taking it.. I'm sure if I need any potions or anything, I'll be sure to stop by." The blue haired man chuckled at Reinka's question about himself, "Well.. truth be told.. I really haven't done much to get myself started in this world. Been mainly just... uh.. keeping to the First Floor.. for the most part. What about you?" 

ID 95887 | LD 4

She turned back just outside of the gate when he had stopped by it. She smiled a bit feeling nostalgic. She remembered she had done that several times as well. She then followed Sorra and listened to him talk about the shop quest when she was looking for materials herself. She nodded to him agreeing.

Yes, that’s the quest. Earning a Living or something like that I think.” She replied. “I figured during battle I’ll be healing my allies, and I can use the healing crystals on the rest of the group. I just thought that’d be really kind. I’m not really a fighter. In fact, the only thing I’ve punched in this game is a giant rock to learn the martial arts skill. After that everything seems almost like a breeze now, I guess it made me less afraid, and less tired when I do things. Then again hitting a rock well over fifty times might just have that effect on a person.” She laughed nervously.

She listened to him some more and started to dig through the snow to look around for materials for her shop again.

“Hm, I haven’t really gone very fair either, only to stores on other floors, and I always went there with a group. I’ve never seen combat here myself. I was too afraid to. I still am in a way. Steel, the person I talked about earlier is trying to set up a guild; he wants to help people out. I think with a group I might be able to try to fight monsters. If anything it’ll help me get a shop going so I can provide help the guild will give me later. Have you maybe fought a monster already?” she asked curiously.

ID# 95888 results: 11
Total 1 mat

Edited by Reinka

Sorra nodded as he continued to gently push his boots through the snow hoping that a helpful looking herb would just spring up without the weight of the wintery frost on it. "Oh a healer? That sounds like it could come in handy. Especially being an alchemist to back it up with crystals and potions as well.. And a giant rock? That doesn't sound like it was a lot of fun.. probably took forever." he said with a low chuckle, "I plan on being able to mostly deal damage.. though whether I want to have the armor to back it up, or light armor to move out of the way, I'm not sure yet." 

"I've gone to some of the other floors.. just exploring the towns really and looking out at the landscapes without actually leaving the town.. I knew I'd only get myself in trouble if I tried to leave the town at the low level I am." Dropping down to a knee, Sorra dug through a thicker pile of snow, until a long green leaf popped up. He continued to dig until the plant was revealed. Tapping the air above it proved to be one of the herbs he needed. He smirked, placing the item into his inventory. "Thats one.." he said to himself before standing again, thinking on Reinka's question about fighting. "Maybe once or twice.. when the game first started. I.. I really try to stay away from fighting alone." his voice was low, and held a hint of sadness. 

ID 95925 | LD 19

(1/5 Materials)

"Yeah, the heavy armor seems a little better overall I think. Especially with thorns. It forces whatever hits you to take damage for doing it, and it mitigates a lot more damage than the light armor. I still do see a reason why a person would rather have light armor unless they're fighting something that can constantly paralyze you. Which I hope isn't a thing in this game." She shivered. "I'll just have to find a way to make sure a person who needs help with that will get it from me then. Man, I didn't even consider that possibility until now. I'm not sure when I'll see combat but I do hope it'll be soon, or I'll just get scared and run away I think." She sighed worriedly about the whole thing. "Hey, it looks like you got one! All right four more too!" She cheered for him.

"Don't feel bad I haven't seen combat either, but I'm trying to muster my bravery and give it a shot. I bought light armor, the only bonus to it is that it does let you dodge and gives you a boost to your hp as it's less in mitigation. Trust me it's a hard call what to take, but I like the idea of thorns, and yet I'm going light armor." She chuckled.
"Hey, I have a friend who will likely take me out on my first run to attack an enemy, did you want to join us? I'm just waiting for my armor to get done." She explained and kept looking for materials.
ID# 95928 results: 9
Total 1

Edited by Reinka

As Sorra continued to search for the next item on his list, he listened to Reinka's words of wisdom. The woman seemed pretty learned when it came to Sword Art Online's differences in Heavy Armor and Light Armor. Where there was one obvious, that the heavier armaments were able to block more damage, she knew some of the other enhancements and buffs that each class of armor provided. Ocean blue eyes looked at the redhead in surprise for a moment before smirking, "You really seem like you know your stuff." he chuckled, "I'll have to look into it, check out some blacksmiths and see what I can find." 

After talking a bit about her own choice in armor, which contradicted what she said earlier about heavy armor being superior, Reinka invited Sorra to join a hunting party with her friend, which would introduce her to her first time fighting a monster. The man had to admit, he definitely would need more experience in fighting off monsters if he was going to make something of himself. His chin rose and fell with a nod, "That sounds good to me."

Running his hands through another pile of snow, Sorra dug all the way down to the dirt. Eventually, he had revealed a small patch of moist grass, a brown weed-like plant sitting in the middle. Bringing a free hand up, Sorra tapped the space in front of the item, placing it into his inventory. "That's two, this gathering isn't so bad after all." 

ID 95970 | LD 20

(2/5 Materials)

Edited by Sorra

"Oh I only learned about that because I don't have armor right this second. I figure if I'm going to heal people I might go light armor and have more speed to evade combat if necessary, but I'm not sure if that actually works. I want to try it out for myself. I've also made my fist my weapons, and it might help me attack better if I have light armor. I'm not total sure yet which is why I'm going to give it a shot." She explained. "Hey not bad on your gathering you're almost half way there." She said rounding up. "Trust me this step is the hard part, or at least I thought it was." even if she found hers all very quickly she wanted to make Zack a perfect potion but she wasn't able to. "Okay when you do your quest just give me a ring and I'll come with you to try it out." She smiled happily. "Here let me help with the snow. This is what I did."

She started to build a snowman and as she rolled the first part of the snowman it pulled up a lot of the snow to reveal the earth underneath.

"If all else fails there's some trees that way." She pointed. "That you can look under too." She got on her knees and looked around for her own materials for her upcoming shop.

ID# 95984 results: 3

Edited by Reinka

When Reinka offered to help Sorra get rid of the snow, he stepped out of the way and watched. Starting off with a singular snowball, the girl rolled it against the ground, picking up  more snow. With layer after layer of the white frost sticking to the ball, it grew larger, and eventually heavy enough to where it picked up most snow off of the ground as she rolled it past. Sorra smiled, "Guess that's one way to do it and make it fun." 

Deciding to play along with what the girl was doing, Sora dropped to a knee and created a snowball of his own, following the same procedure that Reinka had. He rolled the ever growing ball through the snow until it was just slightly smaller than the first the redhead had created. Dropping into a squatting position, Sorra wrapped his arms around the ball, gripping each side. He then picked the larger snowball up and placed it atop the first, supplying the head for the body the girl had created. The man chuckled as he brushed the snow off of his hands before looking around to see if he had revealed any materials. Of course, nothing seemed to stick out as they did last time. "Oh well.. at least we have a snowman now." he said with a laugh.

ID 95987 | LD 2

Edited by Sorra

She laughed and gave Sorra a high five happily and knelt down looking around with him. "Yeah this quest can take awhile but at least now we have a snowman and a bigger place to look around. If it's no good we can check under the trees next time before coming back here." she smiled as she thought about it. For herself, the quest was a breeze with searching but she did hear people say they had a hard time. "Don't worry we'll just have to find silly things to do in between searching. So I saw someone with a cute dragon familiar if you had one what do you think it might be?" she asked curiously. "For me I think it'd be a Kitsune or a baby ghost kraken. I love krakens." She always got strange looks but it was never for a perverse reason she just loved stories with them in it.

She dug around the spot again and looked for materials for her shop to be.

ID# 96028 results: 17

Mats for Reinka 2

Edited by Reinka

With a smile on his face, Sorra rose his own hand, his palm colliding with Reinka's as they high-fived each other for their expert level snowman. With much of the grass now revealed, the two went back to looking for materials. As the bluenette lowered himself to a knee, his eyes caught a glimpse of a red flower, shorter than the rest of the grass around it. It was no wonder he had missed it the first time, due to its tiny size. Leaning forward, Sorra put the item into his inventory. "There's another." Reinka had also mentioned checking out the area under the trees, which Sorra figured he would give it a shot. Standing from where he stood, he walked over to the tree line and kept his eyes open for any other materials, listening to the redhead talk about familiars. "Krakens huh?" he chuckled, "I actually heard someone talking about one not too long ago on the Fourth Floor.. Guy seemed a bit crazy, stuttering all over the place. Didn't know whether to believe him or not but hey, could be cool if it was true. As for me.. hm.. I'm not sure.. never really thought about it. A fox or some sort of dog might be cool.." 

ID 96029 | LD 20

(3/5 Materials) 

(I'm following this topic and yet I wasn't told you posted. That's strange)

"All right you only need two more right!" She smiled happily. "It won't be so hard to finish this up then." She was pretty happy for him and felt he'd be on his way to leveling up for sure. "Wait seriously?! I need to see it and take a screen shot. It wasn't a boss or anything right? I still kind of want to go but I want to ready in case it attacks me." Still the idea of a kraken made her jump for joy, and fear didn't stop her when normally it would. "Hm, you mean like a Kitsune? What was the player's name did you happen to catch it? I need more intel of this kraken. I wonder if he fought it or just happened to catch a glimpse of it." She was getting all excited again. Reinka slapped herself and gave out a low growl. "Focus you need more materials." She sighed and started looking around the ground for more. "Hey, if you to other floors would you mind sending me mail on what monsters you saw there? I'm going to write up a lodger on everything I gather information on. Please." She asked him.

She went back to looking around. 

ID# 96807 results:10

Edited by Reinka

Blue eyes opened wide with shock at Reinka's reaction to him hearing the rumor of a Kraken-like monster lurking on one of the floors above them. The redhead hopped up and down, her eyes twinkling with excitement. Sorra, on the other hand, had no idea what to say, and was a bit surprised at the girl's reaction to such a terrifying sounding creature. He held his hands up in front of him, "I-I mean like I said.. It was just some guy talking to me while I was in one of the taverns. I don't know anything about it, and he really didn't have much more to say." The blunette felt a little bad that he did not have any more information to give the girl, but then again, if this thing really did spook that player who he had spoken to, maybe its for the best that he didn't have the location to tell her. He'd hate to see her get herself hurt, or killed, because of her curiosity and excitement... almost sounded it bit like himself. He sighed before offering a smile, "If I find out any more information, I'll be sure to let you know." 

ID 96912 | LD 4
(3/5 Materials) 

She was a little sad that he didn't know more, but the fact that one was in the game meant there could be a possibility of ships in the game.

"I hope that means there are ships in the game that I can make a home out of. Then again I've always loved ships in general, I wonder how I'd be with the rocking on a boat." She wasn't sure if she'd get sick or not as boats in the real world were more stable and smooth as opposed to pirate ship that would bob up and down with the water. "Still you think it'd be a water monster like a kingfish boss, but I don't know if water combat is a thing, or if we can even go into water and swim." That idea gave her a chill. "How would a person even test that without getting hurt. I hope we can find a manual or something that explains the water mechanics, or maybe a quest." She looked down for more herbs. "Yeah, I'll let you know if I find out anything about the water, until then if you go out further be careful for any streams." She warned unsure if they were allowed to swim in SAO.

Hearing about a kraken on another floor. Weren't the bosses defeated? Did that mean that they could respawn? Was that a mid boss, or event boss. She had so many questions. She looked back to Sorra.

"Hey, it's been two years. I'm just curious. What have you been up to?" she asked as she kept looking on the ground

ID# 96985 results: 13
Mats collected 2

Edited by Reinka