(OP-F1) Where to Start

The town of beginnings was busy as usual. Even thought they had managed to progress beyond the twentieth floor people still kept coming back. Amira herself had never left the floor, and she imagined that there were plenty of others in the same situations with better reasons than her. She tended to make plans that she never progressed with. She wanted to be one of those people that were gossiped about on the frontlines, but she couldn't make herself do the training. She always scheduled it for the next day and then she never followed through. She just kept pushing it off, as though someone was going to eventually make her do somehting productive.

It was easy to get sidetracked. She leaned against the wall next to the exit of the city, wondering where she would head today. She could hang out at one of the taverns inside of the starter city, or she could head out to Tollbana or Harunka. One was just a little town in the woods, more of an outpost for people training in that area, while Tolbana was a much larger city. She was certain she would find something to do. She always did as long as she waited and went with the flow. Life was easy when you knew that everything would work out in the end, and that was something that she was absolutely certain of.

Reinka walked through the large open archway. She had just gotten down with material gathering. Forget monster hunting, collecting things was where it was at for her. Her eyes shifted to someone with striking red hair, like herself only more vibrant. She wondered if the player was waiting for something, but seemed deep in thought. She managed to meet so many new people recently maybe she could meet another one. Reinka cleared her throat and looked over at her.

"I know it's silly, but I guess, I just wanted to say hello. I'm not used to seeing anyone out here when I come in from hunting materials. My name is Reinka, um, did you maybe need help with something, or hear any good rumors?" She asked. "I'm a treasure hunter of sorts, if not it's kay and sorry if I'm being a bother. I just started coming out of my shell recently." She hoped this person wouldn't play a dirty trick on her, she had that happen often enough, but she was more open to the idea of getting to know someone.

She held her hand out wondering if the woman would blow her off or maybe befriend her. Her actress side gave her a cool held together appearance while she was mostly freaking out on the inside. 

I"m not a teenager! Making a new friend should be hard, Calm down already jeez!

Tsu had headed back down to floor one to take a look at some of the newbies who were coming out of their shells. Tsu herself had come out of her own little shell not too long ago,  but it was always nice to reflect. Tsu stepped out of the floor teleporter and hummed to herself as she walked around town, a little bit of a hop in her step as she did so. Tsu had a good feeling about today, maybe she would make some friends for a change. 

Tsu stopped walking and turned when she arrived at the gate to the exit iif the city. There were two young women there already, so Tsu decided to join in with their conversation. "Umm, are you two just hanging out together, ribbit? If you are, I hope you don't mind if I join you. I was just going for a little stroll when I saw you two, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu asked, walking up to them and giving a friendly wave.

Well... That was a pain in the neck. Can believe the rider made me tuck and roll, and I didn't even get what I came for... Core was coming back from a recent scavenging expidition as he liked to call it, he got a ride hitchhiking on a horse, same with the way back, except the second horse rider didn't exactly like him, and he was forced to tuck and roll off the horse. He was wearing his Armored Trench Coat as usual, though it was a bit dirty from all the dust he rolled through, he wasn't much of a fighter, nor does he want to be, he believes all things can be settled with a simple conversation.  He was entering the main city big door, for a lack of words. He noticed a small group of players near the exit. He hadn't become a custom to this town despite the fact he started in it. He approached them wondering what they where doing. So, whats going on over here? Getting ready to loot perhaps? I don't recommend it, I had the worse scavenging experience of my life in less then three hours, I think this game is rigged. Name's Core by the way, nice to meet you all.

Krysta had been hoping to not only get stronger and level up in this game, but she also wanted to make more friends. Both were necessities. She had also been told by Vigilon that potential players and friends tend to be at the gates. Thus did she head over in that direction. It had been five, maybe six months since she had decided to actually get out of the shell known as the Town of Beginnings. She soon found some players near the gates, only one of them did she recognize. She walked over, hoping she could join in the conversation. "Hello, I saw you having a conversation, and I was wondering if I could join in. My name is Krysta." She looked to the player she had met in an earlier time. "And hello again, Tsu, how are you today? Doing well, I hope." She hoped she could make some more friends during this conversation.

@Amira @Reinka @Froppy @Core XI

Sure, join in, there isn't much to talk about though. Core said to the girl who said her name is Kyrsta. I was just asking this fine group of players what they where doing. You know, preparing to disembark on an epic fetch quest, or just looking to salvage some random goods and Materials. Hmm... salvage... Core thought about the tuck and roll thing again. Then looked at all the players. No... They wouldn't do that, I think. Anyone here own a horse and or will make me tuck and roll off of it?  Core said this as if a legit question. Because that will be the second time today. He began brushing dust off his trench coat. How is it still there? Oh well.

Amira had no idea what exactly it was that attracted people to her. Maybe it was just the thoughtful expression that tended to appear on her face, or the way she often just stared into space as though she were waiting for something to happen. She smilled at the woman who had come up to her. "It's not silly at all. I knew that if I just waited something would happen. Thats just how it tends to work with me somehow." She grinned and reached her hand out to Reinka in greeting. "I'm Amira, resident procrastinator and believer in destiny."

She turned slightly, taking note of the new arrivals. It seemed like today was certainly going to be more interesting than normal. Five people, all introducing each other? It was like something out of an anime. The unlikely heros meeting by chance, their fates tied together by Destiny herself. She giggled. "Amira, nice to meet you all. Of course you can all join in. Not much was really going on, but i have a feeling that will change." She glanced over at Core, a playful smile on her face. "You sound like you've had an exciting day." Her hand dropped to her side, landing on her hip rather than her rapier. She cocked her head to the side, her hair falling in a curtain over her face. That was enough input into the conversation. In her mind she was getting a little bit too excited and sociable and it was time to tone it back a bit.

“Huh?” Reinka was shocked seeing all these people. She didn’t know what to do with herself all of the sudden everyone just came together because of the pair that started out. “This was cool. Reinka whispered mostly to herself a little shocked to still see everyone. “I’m Reinka pleasure to meet you all, when I make my potions shop please stop by.”  Maybe her mother at home was right she could sell herself.

She looked over at the first person that walked up to the group. She hoped to soon learn the person’s name as well.

“I don’t see why not it’s now a party with you around and somehow you’ve managed to grow this group. I wonder what brought us all together or if it was just charming magnetism from everyone in the end.”

That’s when a pretty dusty and dirty male walked in complaining about having to dive off of a horse.

“What?! Really? Are you all right? I’m going to grab your coat okay.”
She ran behind him and grabbed the long coat by the ends and moved her arms up and down in short movements causing a small dust cloud. She had to let go coughing. “Ugh you’re like a cartoon, how on earth is it that bad? Maybe we should find a place to dry clean your coat.” She sighed failing at fixing the problem as it was still had dirt on the coat, but some of the dust did come off.

She looked over at the blonde and tried to figure out who ‘Tsu’ was and realized it must be the male with the coat.
“He’s had an ordeal, what do you think we should do? I’m worried his coat will be ruined if it stays like that. It’s no good, back home if a costume had suffered it would freak everyone out.” She was almost tearing her hair out mentally over the coat.

She smiled at Amira.
“That’s a beautiful name. It’s strong too. I like it. You have good taste.” She smiled happily at her. "I dunno how you did it but I think you must be like a lighthouse because we all came over here like ships ha."

From what the man had said they were probably going to search for materials. "Um, no, I don't think any of us own a horse, nor are there going to be any times with you having the same problem happen in a row. At least, I don't think so." The girl with vibrant red hair introduced herself. "Amira...it's a wonderful name. I haven't heard anything like it." Whether it was a name or username, it didn't matter to Krysta, she thought it was a good, well thought out name. The only thing Krysta didn't know at the current moment was what was going to happen, now and later on. Reinka introduced herself, and soon began speaking of the man's issue regarding his trench coat. "Well, once I open my tailor shop, I could always try and sew a new one for him if the trench coat is in such terrible condition."

@Amira @Reinka @Core XI @Froppy

Amira looked over at Krysta. "You want to be a tailor? Thats pretty cool. I'll have to visit you once your all set up. I have this really cool design for blouse that i'd like someone to make." She turned to Reinka. "And your opening a potion shop? Its pretty cool that you already know what you want to do. I'm sure i'll figure it out when the time comes what profession i'm going to choose. Sadly i dont think i'll be visiting you often. I can't ever seem to find the motivation to train or fight. I always just end up procrastinating."

The other girls were just so friendly that it was easy to have a conversation with them. She didn't feel like she was being judged for what she was saying. Maybe she could become a blacksmith, although singing and drawing we're more of her sort of thing. Being a tailor would certainly be interesting as well. All of the jobs sounded like fun and she wondered if she would ever be able to decide among them, let alone take the quest. "So, do any of you have any plans for the rest of the day? It sounds like one of us has already been on one adventure. Are you up for another one?" She queried, aiming the question at the man who had been talking about jumping off of a horse.

Krysta listened carefully to what Amira was saying. "Well, I'm sure I'll be ready to see what you had in mind once I'm all set up." Amira spoke to Reinka, and the last few words seemed to linger in Krysta's mind. "Well, I can't say I blame you, I'm certain most of us put it off in fear of getting killed on the first day out there. But if you had some help, I'm sure you'd be fine. I haven't managed to get my hands on any yet, but I do intend to pick up on healing skills in the near future." Krysta noticed that some extra weight was not on her shoulder, but, rather, on her back. She nudged the familiar that was there to climb up to her shoulder. "I think these people are nice, Yolviinsil. Would you like to get to know them?" The small ruby red feathered dragon slowly climbed up, looking at the other players shyly.

@Amira @Reinka @Core XI @Froppy

"That's a gorgeous name for your dragon, how do you come by it." She wondered if there was some sort of story or myth that Krysta knew about and would be thrilled to hear about it. "And how did you find such a cute creature?" she asked happily. "That's okay, but I'll also be selling perfume as well on anything that isn't turned into something useful, and maybe some gem soaps. I might even have a small tarot shop set up in there to see if that makes any waves. It'll be about 50 col for that just a little extra cash in my pocket but the first reading will always be free." She smiled happily explaining her shop a bit more.

She looked over at Krysta and nodded a few times. It was nice that these girls understood her, and validated her way of thinking, but also were willing to push her in the right direction.

"My friend Steel is setting up a guild and teaching me the ropes. If any of you need a place to crash once we set up I wouldn't mind having a sleepover with all of you. Steel will be helping me attack monsters very soon. I was thinking that might drop materials I can use in potions maybe, we'll see. We also will go treasure hunting I hope one day. I aspire to be a bit of a witch pirate in this game." She chuckled a bit trying to make light of the situation and have fun in the game for once. "It just helps keep my mind off the bad situation, but it's not all bad because I've met a lot of nice people recently." She felt like hugging everyone it was nice to meet female friends.

Reinka began to ask Krysta some questions about Yolviinsil. "Thanks, If you're asking how I came by the name, well, it kind of started when a powerful monster, a large dragon that was wreaking havoc on the seventh floor until recently, seemed to address her. About a day or two later, I came across someone well learned in various things. Turns out, what I had a hunch about was true. She was being addressed and spoken to. Yolviinsil is actually her original name. It is in dragon tongue. When translated, it means Fire-Shine-Soul. You can find and tame familiars out in the wilds. It works like a quest, and can happen on any floor. Unlike most quests, this one will come to you. There will be an elderly woman who will tell you the secret to taming familiars, which will start the quest." Reinka returned to speaking to Amira for a bit, then she spoke about her friend, what she'd planned to do in the future, and what she aspired to be in this game. At first, Krysta was confused. "A....what??" She had heard both fantasy and reality of the two words. Being a justified soul, she normally didn't stand for certain things. She focused on the positive, and asked, "So, wait, by that, do you speak of your planned profession, and that you wish to scour the dungeons and wilds of Aincrad for loot?" She also had the first part of what Reinka said in her mind. "I have a friend who intends to start a Guild as well. Vigilon hopes to lead a Guild that will protect the players of Aincrad and help other players to rise in this game. This Guild he wishes to start is called the Rising Dragons"

@Reinka @Amira

She looked over listing to Krysta. The story was amazing. She loved lore like that. 
"How'd did you come to learn what the word meant?" she asked curiously. It was possible the elderly woman had just told her but maybe she found some sort of translation book or something else. Things like that always had her attention.
"Hm, I don't plan on PKing people, one that's wrong in my mind, and two I couldn't take their items anyway, not that I would." She explained quickly worried she was getting the wrong idea of her being a pirate. "Hm, yes eventually, when I get strong enough to handle a dungeon on my own, or if I get lucky and just find one out in the fields. I want to give the merchants something to really sink their teeth into, or sell them as is a gatcha item for players to take to merchants to see what prize they get. It'd be a surprise unless the merchant manages to appraise it the way the player wants, that's fine too. I dunno, I like hunting for things, mostly because it's a goal that has a finite ending to it. Who knows maybe I'll find a tomb about the world or some sort of weapon that has history written on it, or it's design tells part of a story and then maybe there's an armor that tells of another story and equipping them will make a quest involving the lore it has. Ha, I guess that's just wishful thinking though don't you think? I guess it's just the type of adventure I like. While in my potion shop I'll just be dressed up like witch pirate for reasons." she laughed trying to explain it.
"Yeah, my friend Steel is doing the same thing, helping out new players. He saved my life actually. I would be in a bad way had he not come along, and now I'm pretty goal driven and less afraid, but that's not to say I'm completely brave."

Amira had once again zoned out. Socialization wasn't really her strong suit and although she was extremely friendly and sociable she found that it took a lot of energy out of her. She listened to Reinka talk about treasure hunting and doing dungeons. "When you say it like that it certainly sounds very exciting and fun. I wouldn't mind helping you out some day when we're both stronger." She volunteered. She still wasn't sure what she was going to do, but she was sure that she would be much stronger by the time the other girl was able to do dungeon runs. 

"It would certainly be really cool if this game had some sort of hidden lore thats interconnected and told through the items and floors and hidden locations. That would be awesome." She shifted her stance slightly, running a hand through her hair. "I dont really have any cool plans or stories to tell. To be honest i havent really done anything cool in this game yet. I hope that will change soon though."

"Don't worry about that Amira, we'll make some cool stories and adventures together." She told her. "When I go treasure hunting I'll be sure to invite you it'll be a lot of fun I hope, but we'll just have to be careful." She wasn't sure if she'd be able to always have Amira's back if a trap separated them or a strong mob happened. She'd do her best to stand her ground but the game still scared her. "We'll get more people we trust so we can rely on each other in case something goes down, and we'll just be careful. I do get scared but I won't leave someone behind. I'd never forgive myself you know." She planned to call Amira for some treasure hunting later for sure. 

"Yeah I love delving into lore, there are a few places around town that have books about the Ainground war, which happened before that got up in the sky. It's just lore though, I'm not sure if there will be a quest around it but I'll keep looking. I also heard fishing is a good way to pull up treasure but we'll see. I might try my hand on that later, right now I'm working to get stronger in case any of my friends need back up they'll never have to worry about going alone."

Krysta responded to the words, one thing at a time. "Well, like I said before, I had come across someone well learned in various things. She's hard to miss, actually. Dressed like an explorer, studies lore and the wilds of Aincrad, and she has a familiar as well. Her owl, however, tends to be a little awkward, and is alert to sounds. She had a book with the translations, allowing her to always keep her notes with her, in case she ever forgets. Turns out, she's got a lot of books in her inventory." Reinka seemed to explain quickly that she wasn't into PKing whatsoever, which calmed Krysta and confirmed the positive side. She then explained her intention to be a dungeon delver in-depth. "Well, that kind of adventure seems as good as any." Krysta said as she smiled. "You both really seem like nice people. I'd love to have some adventures sometime." She said as she pulled up her menu, and sent friend requests to Reinka and Amira.

Friend requests have been sent to @Reinka and @Amira

She stared at Kyrsta.

"Might you introduce me to this person. I'd love to try to learn more about Aincrad." She said with excitement hearing about all the tomes. "I have seen a few runes on stone before and wondered what it might say. Though trying to find them again would be pretty hard. Most of the time I happened on one by chance." She admitted. "Sure another pair of eyes is always good for finding rare and exotic treasures. I'd love it if you joined me."

She smiled as she got the request and quickly accepted it.  It was nice receiving friend requests finally, and it wasn't for her slight fame in the real world. Reinka felt pretty happy with the turn of events.

"Thanks for the friend request it means a lot to me." She was beaming with happiness. "I'll invite you to a search as soon as I'm able to do so. I mean a lot of floors are still a bit scary but it shouldn't be anything we couldn't handle together in the end." She had great confidence in her new friend. Maybe she was getting ahead of herself but she didn't mind because she felt so joyful.