[F1 PP:Reinka and Outlander] <<Earning a Living>> Reinka meets the merc with a mouth

Reinka kept looking at all the shops and looked up at Zack's shop. He was the NPC that helped her with the first lesson that got her addicted to becoming an alchemist. The idea of being able to be helpful instead of just depressed hadn't had as much weight as when he asked her to help him collect materials. she took a deep breath thinking of going in then paused unsure if he'd the NPC that would help her with her task of becoming an alchemist, what if he wasn't and she'd have to do something crazy to become an alchemist or worse what if she completely failed at the task and ended up blowing up the shop. She shivered thinking about that and rubbed the top of her head a bit worried to press forward with her desires.

She went down the road to a shop and took up a glass of water and started drinking it with a worried expression. If she got this job this habit would have to stop as well, she'd have to taste and sample the potency of what she was making. So she'd finally taste something in the game., what if it was awful though? Or worse, what would happen if she got addicted to the very thing she making?! She sat down upset with herself and wanted to hear her mom call her a chicken or something to get her rear in gear. She grit her teeth, no she didn't want to hear her mother at all, she tried to stop her dreams not push them forwards, what she thought was just an illusion of the mother she wanted. She let out another sigh getting frustrated the longer she stayed in her own head.

"I need to do something soon...Or I'll go crazy." She said as she looked up at the ceiling. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outlander stood in a line. He thought to himself: Another day of smiles and inward screams. "Can I help you?" Said a NPC at a stand selling some items, he approached the NPC"No, I just waited thirty minutes in line to say Hi." Said Outlander. "Next!" The NPC shouted, someone really needs to code them to understand sarcasm, it wasn't like he was selling anything useful anyways. He walked across the street. It was Zacks place, from the beginner quest. He never took it though. I dont do tutorials. He walked down the road to a shop. He then noticed something out of the ordinary, it was a girl. She was staring up at the ceiling, not sure why. Outlander approached her. "You know, this morning, I ran out of caffeine, I thought lots of alcoholic beverages would be a good replacement. It turns out that none of the alcohol here makes you drunk, I'm fairly disappointed. Names Outlander. And you, person who is apparently staring into the ceiling?"

Edited by Outlander

"Huh?" she looked over at him stunned by his sarcasm. Yet she felt a wave of familiarity rush over her.

This is...My teacher! He was a preforming arts director. What the heck is he doing here? Wait, no, it can't be, it doesn't look like him at all.

"Oh, I'm....Ceiling Woman.....Yup that's my user name. Pft ha....Nah, it's Reinka nice to meet you. Were you here for the tutorial for the job placement quest? Maybe a potion?" it could be none of those things but why else was this guy here? "Yeah about me looking up at the boards for the ceiling. I just looked up there because I can't make up my mind I guess. I'm having doubts on becoming an alchemist. I have the drive but I dunno." She admitted needing a push of some kind. "So your name isn't really a name or is it? Is that what you're really called?" So far she's only met people with 'passable' names. Steel was named after the dog from Balto at least that's what she told herself otherwise his name wasn't really a name so much as a metal. Simba....Another Disney character. Minako was an actual name. The list went on, but this person didn't seem to have a name. Yet. She wasn't in his party so she couldn't check it either.

"You tried to get drunk during the day? What'd you do work all night?" She wasn't trying to be sarcastic she honestly wondered if he worked at night. If he was a hunter of some sort that had to be dangerous as heck and she'd worry about that.

"Work all Night? Well, yeah." Outlander said in clarification. "I do everything at night because everything I like is either illegal or won't text me back." He snickered the stopped and said in all seriousness. "No really... Its a problem." He decided to say why he was really here. "Anyway, the reason I'm really here is to satisfy my curiousity." Outlander looked around the shop. "Not for the alchemist profession. I actually want to be a tavern owner(AKA Cook) seems like a reasonable position, also, I currently am a bounty hunter. Someone tried to kill me yesterday, but hey, I still have some coffee. So, silver lining." Outlander shrugged his shoulders, he did not really care about proffesions, as long as he got his work done, he actually gets his mercenary work done.

"I wonder if it's possible to actually do something illegal in SAO." it wasn't like there were any laws, or really anyway to steal things from people. "Huh?" she was surprised when he said it was a real problem. "How?!" she couldn't believe this what the heck was this up to, or was he playing her? She couldn't tell because of his sudden deadpan. "Maybe you're a good actor." She was a little jealous of that. "Someone tried to kill you?" she looked at his cursor. "So how'd get away from that?" she asked as she went closer to Zack.
"Buying anything?"
"Not right now Zack."
"Next please! Are you buying something?" He asked Outlander.
"Wait a second Zack I wanted to become an alc-"
"Hold your horses Reinka and get back in line it's only fair."
"But I wasn't done yet." She huffed and looked at Outlander. "Okay, after this we'll head to an NPC who has a tavern or restaurant so you can take that quest, I'm going to material hunt right afterwards and see if I can nab a treasure." She explained. "So can I have my turn?" she asked in a frantic.

"Go right ahead!" Outlander said to Reinka, he proceeded outside. And waited outside the front door, when he got a notification that a friend had texted him, it was Samuel. He long time friend, they both thought alike. Then engaged in a text chat while waiting for the Reinka to do what she needed to do. Below is the conversation. Samuel is on the left, Outlander is on the right.

Hey man wassup?

Have you ever heard of attempted assassination? Yeah,

thats a thing that happened...

Nice, Its impressive how fast you got someone to try to kill you.

Im a professional a-hole, did you forget about that?

Npe, I just didn't care

So what do you want?

Well, I want you to try to to rearrange these letters to form words.

Alright?

Ok...

PNEIS and BUTTSXE

Um...

Did you get SPINE and SUBTEXT? Neither did I! Lol

Haha, wow, well played!

He put away his menu and waited for Reinka to hurry up.

Edited by Outlander

She walked up to Zack and accepted to quest. Then went to the door. She looked over at him curiously. She wondered if someone was going to join in and then just walked outside looking around for which npc would give Outlander his quest to be a cook. She wondered why he'd want to be a cook as she didn't realize everything a cook could do nor did she have a chance to appreciate it either. 

"Hey, your NPC is over here at the restaurant. I guess after that we can go out and look for materials. Here's hoping we don't have to worry about something killing us in the end."

Then again maybe he really did like coffee and booz. Wouldn't that mean booz would just taste like rotten fruit or yest than? That sounded nasty, maybe he just wanted to prank people with something that tasted bad, or maybe he can't cook in real life and goes into a game to do it. Would be easier she assumed. Nah he must really like coffee.

"So are you just going to serve drinks than or food too?" she asked him then looked behind herself to see if he was there or if he escaped on his own.

"Mostly drinks, because, with enough alcohol and dumb luck, anything can be achieved." Outlander said looking at the street signs, he noticed one that said tavern on it. "Westward Tavern, not a creative name for a tavern, but hey, who am I to judge." Outlander walked in, it was suprizingly empty, no one in sight. He approached the counter. "Well, look at you, doing stuff with that dishcloth. Now, I would like trianing to- *bartender turns around* Oh, my god... He looks like Gordon Ramzy! He is magnificent!" Outlander attempted to reach over the table and hug the bartender. But it let out a "Warning: Do Not Touch" message to Outlander. He quickly accepted the quest. He was ready for sterotypical jokes to start coming from the bartender, none came, he was disappointed. 

"Well, they can't name it Wasted Tavern because you can't get drunk, or does that still makes the attempt wasted." She wasn't sure. 

She was shocked at his loud reaction and tried her best not to laugh when the NPC warned him about touching him

"At least he's got the attitude down maybe, but it would have been better if he yelled out RAW or bloody bastard or something. Man, no one watched that show for the food, just for his antics. Just like Cake Boss." She always felt fondant was a cook's nightmare, such a waste of food and shows no talent because the frosting is an art. She walked with him outside of the town and started to dig around for materials. 

"Jeez, how long do I have to do this kind of work. Oh well worth it I guess. Hey, when you set up shop I'm buying coffee so send me a PM for your grand opening. It'll be better than the empty tavern we just saw." She couldn't believe how much like a haunted building it looked like.

"Oh lets see, oh I see. Excuse me Reinka." Zack called out.
"Hm? Got something to add?" she looked over.
"Yes, actually you'll have to accept the quest from Evangeline in her laboratory." He stated.
"Oh and for you young man you might want to see Maggie's restaurant." Zack told Outlander.
"Oh...Okay." She walked off to find this woman. "Hey Outlander when you get your quest meet me by the gates it's probably a fetch quest all the same." She explained and went to chat with this new lady. Luckily she wasn't too far away.

"Hello Dear, I see you are in need of a profession, may I interest you in Alchemy?" She smiles sweetly and leaves here tent, a small vial of rainbow colored liquid pulsating in her hand. "Now, I know it may seem very sciencey and scary, but I believe you can do it! And I hope you feel the same way." She beckons the player into her tent to show them the way she crafts, her movements are very elegant and precise, her age shows that she is very wise in what she is doing. "Now, I can teach you all about it sweety, but I seem to have ran out of some of my precious materials to give you a how-to on crafting, would you be a dear and run off to get me some? I think all I need is five, and I can help you on your way!" She smiles a sweet smile, she seems to be happy someone wants to follow in on her noble profession.

"Um...Y-yes ma'am." She stared at her as she watched the NPC bounce around. She watched the older woman dance around and yet she seemed old and wise to Reinka but filled with an eternal eternal youth.

"That'd be interesting to have in the real world...." She nodded and went off to where she'd meet with Outlander if he wanted to do the searching together.

Edited by Reinka
  • 2 weeks later...

(OOC: I have to create my own Finding A Living thread to do mine)

I will remember to come back here often, master ramzey. As he walked away, he whispered to himself: This chicken is so rubbery, goodyear called and asked for the recipe... Then he chuckled a little. He listened to Renkias conversation with Zack. Yeah, I'll be waiting. Hurry it up alright, I'm not exactly what you would call 'patient'. He listened to what zack had to say to him. Zack, I'll do it later, after all. Zack continued to ask Outlander to go to Maggies Restaurant. Listen old man, I neither have the time, nor the crayons to explain this to you. So, stop, telling me how to do my job. He stared at Zack, he didn't say anything back, I guess NPCs do learn after all. He then went down to the gate, he stopped there. And continued to resume messaging his friend:

So... I found a funny guy. Poor B#st#rd.

Oh, did he die after you met him?

No, before he was traped and everyone could see his real face his

friends drew a fake mustache on him IRL while he was in game, and

when everyones faces were visible, he had a permanent crappily drawn

mustache on his face.

I have no words... But... I find that very humorous.

Conversation Ended:

Outlander smiled closed his menu, then folded his arms as he lend against the wall next to the gate.

(OOC: I REALIZED MY PROFILE PIC IS LITERALLY DOING WHAT I JUST DESCRIBED)

She almost lost it laughing at what he said. "Hey come on be nice to Zack." She did like the NPC a lot but outlander was already gone. After she did what Zack told her to do she walked over to gates. She was checking her battle ready gear and everything else.  She paused before reaching the gates and went down an alleyway to change into her battle attire and switched around her items so she would have her loot items equiped for this run.

Spoiler

Name: Siren of the Seas

Item Type: Light Armor Battle Dress

Enhancements: Evasion misses on 1- 7 Savvy When an enemy misses an attack against you, gain +(1 per slot) BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Being missed by another attack will reactivate this enhancement. [You may only activate this activation once per post.] Can not roll into a critical hit.

Description: Armor from the uncharted seven seas that has been crafted for those who are pirates and tavern wenches, and suitable enough for robbers and thieves. Beware the pretty lass that wears this armor.

Post Link: leave blank

Name: Kraken of Sight 
Profession: Artisan
ID:  96922
Roll: 12
Item Type: Lucky Charm
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: 3 accuracy 
Description: The Kraken of sight can see in the darkest depths of the sea and helps it's user pinpoint their enemy's weakness. Together they well crush their foes together

Battle Ready items

. 5 uncommon heath potions (40hp)

. 1 tier dmg potion (+1dmg)

. 1 Tier Over-health potion (+50 temp HP)

.Name: Kraken of Generosity  
Profession: Artisan
ID:  96924
Roll: 12
Item Type: Lucky Charm
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: 3 Loot Dice
Description: The Kraken Generosity, known to deepen the pockets of pirates with treasure on the mind. Instead of destroying vessels of mass destruction he would lead them to the treasures they had dreamed of

So now she was wearing the Kraken of Generosity instead of the Kraken of sight. She pulled at the skirts of her pirate dress smoothing it out before leaving the narrow place. She ran over to the gates and saluted Outlander. "All right I'm ready to go I guess all I need are five materials. So do we take out monsters? She wasn't sure what level Outlander was of if he was prepared to do some fighting. "I could just collect them from the ground as well, but I'll do whatever you're comfortable with." She told him.

She wondered if he was part of a guild or anything. His armor looked nice, but she didn't recognize it at all. "Just let me know if we should retreat okay, I don't want to be left in the dust or anything." Trusting a new person wasn't easy but she'd give it a go.

(OOC: Sorry there is no colored text, the quotation marks

"Whats with the pirate costume, and even so, what kind of pirate wears a skirt?" Outlander said tilting his head, examining Reinka's wears. "Anywho, I personally prefer material gathering instead of fighting, because last time I fought there was FAR to much collateral damage. Point is, you can chose. I prefer to not make plans because then the word "Premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.Outlander said in a sarcastic tone, In case you didn't know, premeditated means to plan or think out a crime before commiting it. He then let out a long sigh. "So... Where are we going? Forest? Fields? The Caribbean?" Outlander said the last one to mock Reinkas appearance, he did laugh at his comment though. "I've been in gathering events before, some good, some, not so much..." ***Flashback: Oh you hate me? Join the club! We have weekly meetings at the corner of f#ck you and kiss my #ss!*** "Ah... Good times... sorry where was I? Oh yes, where exactly are we going?"

"Well the fields are fine just out here. You know there was no need for the humor that time. Did you actually do something was upon a time? Also this pirate wears skirts, mostly as a distraction. I can see it worked nicely. You're missing all your col by the way." She lied as it would be impossible for her to actually do that to him, but that was part of her strange quirk mirroring others, and yet she wondered if she managed to mirror him correctly. "Anyway lets get to gathering....Did something really bad happen when you fought, I mean, how bad was the damage?" she asked him curiously. "Did anyone you know....Kick the proverbial bucket." she asked him as she went out into the fields with him and looked around instantly.

Her necklace was glowing to help her look for the loot she needed. She wanted to open up her shop as soon as possible, as well as get to making potions for Steel. How long would it take her to get use to making crystals, it'd likely take forever. Still she was prepared for it.

"Hm nothing over this way."
ID# 97505 results: 6 fails

Edited by Reinka

"I see, but here me out, bay of pigs." Outlander said, then commented. "Yeah, I really bet those NPC monsters are gonna stop and stare, great distraction, except maybe other players, but not me you can tell, see, giving a f#ck doesn't really go with my outfit"  Outlander said pointing to his armor chestplate then moving his hand down to cover the rest of the armor set. Thats when she mentioned she took his col. He actually, laughed. "Hahaha, ahhh... Good one, that is the funniest thing I've heard all day, that includes hearing about a armed robber that got shot once by every god damn customer in the store. Only in America. Well, I guess its Japan right now, but I'm from America." Outlander added at the end. He heard Reinka mention the collateral damage. "Well, yeah, it started with around seven people, and ended with four. Those mini-bosses are irritating. Fortunately, no one I actually cared about died, so hey, silver lining. Though it has happened before."

"Hm so then that must mean there was only one customer if the store if he got shot once." she wondered if he insinuated something. "I'm from America um so then, your English is pretty good. Oh are you famous too? How'd you manage to get into the game's release date?" she asked curiously accidentally giving herself away slightly. "Hm, I use my skirts like a matador uses his cape, only I never get caught up in it. It's been effective so far." She stared at him hearing two people died in combat. "A mini boss? What was it?" she was surprised he had already seen a mini boss. "What do you mean no one cared? That's awful...." She thought about his words. Was that his way of dealing with death? Maybe it was. "Um....Nevermind. Don't worry I put you into any unnecessary danger."

She said and went back to looking for her materials.

ID# 97512 results: 2 + 3 = 5 fail (not my day XD)

0/5

Edited by Reinka

"No, there was at least three customers. Which makes it funny because all of them had guns at the time. Every, customer. It was funny to here for me." Outlander said looking at the girl. She said she was from America. "Yeah, me too. Im just in Japan at the moment. Its not all bad, theres at least one sushi place on pretty much every corner." Then she said she was famous, well, she asked if he was famous too, which implies that is is famous. "Eh, I'm not one for popularity. But I can make an assumption on who you are. Does Kit Guards ring any bells?" Outlander said curiously, watching her face for a reaction. He wanted to know if his theory was correct. After all, there isn't many people that are famous for something in a death game. "I was a video game streamer, was, I went by the name Outlander. Same name I use now. Except, In my streams, I wear a Siberian Issue Gas Mask. Thats how I got my copy. I wasn't that popular though, just doing what I like. I even got my friends to play with m..." Outlander stops, and looks away from Reinka. His expression blank and pale. He shook his head as if in denial and his emotion returned. She asked about the mini-boss. "It was a god, damn, boar. It was a REALLY stupid boss. The reason no one cared is because we all have our own tragedies and losses, we can spend time grieving over someone you don't know. I already have something to grieve about anyway. If I were you, I'd make as little friends as possible. It will be easier to see them go." He turned away. He blank pale expression returning, he took a large inhale, and let out a long sigh. He was looking at the floor, he thought he saw a herb, but it was just sun reflecting of some grass in a weird way. He snapped out of it. "Alrightly then. Shall we continue?"

Spoiler

ID# 97577 results:

Loot: 3

Her eyes widened a bit. She was surprised that he figured out who she was. In her own mind she wasn't too famous, but it was nice that someone knew who she was. She relaxed listening to him talk and nodded when he talked about being a streamer. She tapped her lips for a moment and then looked at him wondering something based off what he said.

"Did you start a stream before you came into SAO?" she asked curiously. "I mean, if you did, you might be live streaming right now." She pointed out wondering if that meant people could say hello but not receive any chats back.

She thought about what he said and remembered when she felt that way. She looked up at him and watched him for a moment realizing he must be depressed, or still grieving over someone already.

"I use to think that way, but if this is my reality I'd rather make nice with people and get more of a support group. After all it's no fun sleeping in the middle of town when it's raining. "I use to just be a lump on the ground sleeping every day and it was pretty pathetic." She explained. "So plus one friend, don't worry too much about me though, I tend not to go out on the field unless I'm prepared and have trustworthy back up. So if you ever need something out on the field and don't want to leave to do so just let me handle it for you." she said bravely. "No need for money up front in this kind of game so don't worry about payment, I mean it's not like I have anything to do most days." She sighed annoyed at how boring her days get at times.

She kept searching the ground for materials

ID# 97605 results: 8

0/5

Edited by Reinka

Outlander was correct, Reinka was in fact, Kit Guards, she didn't need to say it either, her expression says it all. She then asked about his streaming. "No, I'm not streaming right now, I can't, the second I logged in, it automatically stopped it. I tryed to log out to fix it, but it wouldn't do it, and well, one thing follows another..." Outlander commented. "...and now I'm stuck here, so mind as well enjoy the best parts while it lasts." Outlander continued to look for resources,  and try to listen to Reinka at the same time. "Yeah, Thanks for the advice." Outlander looked at her. "Nothing to do most of the time? Well then. Thats something I can relate to, sorta." Outlander paused to think. "Actually, its more or less not that I have things to do, its that I find most of them, 'Uninteresting', almost all the time." Outlander streched out his arms ahead of him. He then let out a sigh. And looked toward the feild line. It was an amazing veiw, he stared at it in awe for a moment, then said: "You know what Kayaba? Your alright in my book..."5fR4f.jpg.582003cbb82ffd6482661612c57caab4.jpg

"Ah, I see that's a shame, but it'd be embarrassing too I guess if every personal moment you had was televised I guess. " She listened to him. "Hm, you find it all boring huh? What sorts of hobbies do you have?" she asked curiously and then looked up to see what he was looking at. "It is nice isn't it. I often thought about that too now that I'm not sleeping in an alleyway. I just got busy living in this world and I almost forget about the other world. I want to live in this one." She admitted. "Actually live. Without someone holding me back. It's a nice fresh start." She looked back to Outlander. "So what sorts of things do you think you'd enjoy in this place? I treasure hunt but it can be dangerous. The longer I fight things here the more of an adrenaline junkie I become, it's probably not healthy, so thanks for making me look at the beauty of this place again." she visually relaxed more as she looked around the ground

ID# 97618 results: 9
0/5

Edited by Reinka

"Hobbies? Hmm... I, actually don't have any. I guess it was an at one point videogames, but..." Outlander commented. "...as you can tell it didn't go the best of ways. Now that I think about it, I like to run. You know, Cardio?." Outlander finished of with. He listened to what Reinka had to say. "I see what you mean, dispite the face I ended up living like a vulture. Thriving off mear scraps., My "fresh start was rubbish." Outlander said rubbing the back of neck. "Entertainment? Ussally socializing, but other then that, not much. I specifically like to socialize with people that can take my sarcastic comments without being such a little b#tch about it." Outlander smirked, then said. "So Reinka, you fit that description. So, I can tolerate you." He looked around him for looted before saying anything else, he didn't see anything though. Then Reinka said that he hwlped her see beauty in a place like this, unfortunately, Outlander doesn't know how to respond to thank you or be complemented. "Yeah, your welcome, I don't know how to take that correctly, so, go "s#ck a d#ck"or whatever."Outlander said sarcastically.