F1-PP) Changing the job (Earning a living) (Jinx)

He smiled when the notification popped up, she accepted the request. It was the most process he had made with anyone in a long time, normally he just went on a quest with them and within a day they vanished. Maybe this friend he would keep. She was still holding Silver close, who had no issues with it, moving into her warming hug with joy. Sky smiled, listening to her voice, she sounded like she was slowly warming up. Then she asked him why he had come to this floor, scratching his head a little with a small laugh.

"Well, other then coming to see if i could meet new people, i was hoping to change my profession. As of right now, my guild has two tailors, and, sadly, i am not that much of a tailor. He gets a lot more profit then i do, so i was thinking of doing the quest again to change my profession from Tailor to Merchant, then on my way my companion saw you and headed down the ally" He said, smiling. "Then i made a new friend, and hopefully helped that person" He said, his warm, calm voice and smile showing his good intentions.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A profession? Jinx frowned, not understand the system that MMo style games had when it came to income. After all, in first person shooters, that wasn’t a thing to really deal with the exception of a few games that managed an in-game economy. So for the most part, the girl didn’t understand what Stryder was talking about. She shook her head, yet another aspect of the world that she didn’t understand because of her limited exposure. She had avoided non-fps games, purely on the factor of serving only as a distraction. Once she had proved herself, then she had allowed herself to roam around, and well…Now she was trapped in this hell.

“I…I don’t fully get it” she admitted “But, well, I suppose…If you’re fine with me tagging along I might as well…try” she shuddered slightly before closing her eyes. She had to focus, she could do this. She was once the best FPS player to hold a controller, a one-girl army that could Clutch against high level teams. She had gone against the odds before and wiped them out in a one-sided slug fest. Who said that she could do that again? “…You’re right, you did. I…I can’t bring them back, and I can’t ever see my friends again. I can’t forget them, but I can’t stop. I have to…do something”

Sky was very glad, about as glad as he could be, and probably even more relieved. She had slowly come to... And he now had a new friend, both on his friend list, and in his mind. He looked over, Silver still in her arms, obviously enjoying her soft, sincere touch. Sky was very curious as to why she had chosen to open herself up to Jinx... and he couldn't lie to himself, he wanted to find out so he knew how to help her open up to others. 

"At least iv done something right!" He said, giving a warm smile before standing up. She might be trapped here, but he was going to try and help her get used to it, and hopefully, to thrive in it, like he had started to. 

"If you want to come along, your welcome to, but this isn't really... an exciting quest, its been changed recently, but basically we just gotta find a few unidentified items" He says with a smile. She might want to come, and he had a feeling she didn't want to do anything, well, dangerous, but this was completely the opposite.

Ever so slowly, Jinx realized that she would have to let the fox go. Mainly so she could stand up and go with Stryder, because they couldn’t go do a quest while she was stuck in an ally with his familiar, who she felt he would want, or need, to do so. So very reluctantly, Jinx released Silver and stood up. She wasn’t that tall, and as usual, was looking up at someone once again.

“W-well, lets get going then. If I’m gunna, live for my friends, I might as well try do something. Sittin’ in this alley isn’t gunna get me anywhere” She let out a deep breath and looked through her inventory. She had, well, not much. The basic sword, some armour, and that was it. She let out a sigh, she would need to get some equipment that wasn’t that bad. In FPS, you could do well regardless of what weapon you spawned with. Somehow, though, she had a feeling an MMO was very gear dependent. “As long as it isn’t dangerous, then, well, I might as well actually do something in this game…”

Silver was actually a little upset to have to get up, but did so happily, especially after feeling how much calmer the girl seemed to be. Sky smiled at her, she was a bit smaller then him, but he himself wasn't that tall either, standing at only 5'5, more of a girls size then a guys size... But his advantage was more his agility then his strength, he had always been like that. Whenever he had gotten into a fight, he had always been able to avoid them... And hit them where it hurts.

With a smile, he pushed that trail out of his mind, looking at her. The first thing he noticed, was that she had nothing other than some basic armor... She would need something better if she wanted to live for a long time, but that was something he could help with easily, for the most part.

"Don't worry, i would never take someone on a dangerous quest unless i knew there was no chance of them getting hurt. There is no fighting in this, but we will need to go outside the town for a bit to find the items i need" He said with a smile, Silver moving over next to Jinx, wanting to keep her calm and happy.

The girl had finally stood up, but she reached out her hand in an attempt to pet Silver. She had, grown fond of the wolf. Even in such a short time. She took her first proper look at Stryder. Her mind, even she knew, wasn’t all there, but she could put plenty together. He was adventurous, the kind of opponents she used to run into in the lower brackets who were driven on instinct as their killing force. However, there was a key difference between players like herself and players like Stryder when it comes to first person shooters. The mental game, not that it mattered much here anyway.

But in an MMO, a game style she hadn’t played much ever, was different. From what she remembered, it was slower. Items were hugely important, as was levels. Her friends used the phrase ‘grind’, and not the dancing kind, to describe these games. Something she wasn’t looking forwards to.

“Well, given the way you hold yourself, even if we do get involved in battle, you’ll be able to kill them by yourself” It was, atmittantly, an assumption, but one she knew she was right in. And if she wasn’t, well, she’d find out if death gave her what she truly wanted. To see her friends one final time.

Sky smiled warmly, she was slowly warming up to everything, though he was just glad that he could help someone. When she reached out to pet Silver, the wolf moved her head into her hand, letting her do that for a moment, but after a minute the wolf bolted off, running away from both of them.

"Silver, Whe-" He tried to call, but the wolf was gone. "Huh..... You have brought out a new side of her..." He said, laughing a little before looking back at her. He looked back at her, smiling at her response to him as a person.

"Your not wrong, especially on this floor nothing is really dangerous enough to be a worry for me.... But that isn't the case further up. Biggest advantage i have is that no matter how it seems, this is still a game, with game mechanics. If you know how to play the game, you can win it, and in this case its just knowing the numbers" He said with a smile, before seeing the Wolf running back, with.... a piece of light armor in its mouth? He was EXTREMELY confused, but the wolf handed it to Sky, and his quest marker said he had found an item. 

Weird....

Spoiler
  • Loot Dice (1-10) = Uncommon Item
  • Loot Dice (11-17) = Rare Item
  • Loot Dice (18-20) = Perfect Item

• Crafting Dice (1-3) = Weapon
  • Crafting Dice (4-6) = Armor
  • Crafting Dice (7-9) = Shield
  • Crafting Dice (10-12) = Consumable
  1. Item 1 - 

ID# 98880 results:

Craft: 6 - Light Armor

Loot: 20 - Perfect Item 

Jinx petted the wolf, right before it ran off. The girls face flashed with hurt, after all, the wolf had stuck her deep and, even if she had no idea, served as a catalyst that kept her alive and in the right mindspace. To see if run off, it was as if a knife cut through her chest. The distress on her face was apparent.

“Y-yeah, game..mechanics” she echoed. If she were rational, she’d expand about game mechanics, however the blondes scrambled mind was a firework of panic until the wolf came running back. Jinx got onto a knee and opened her arms, hugging the wolf. “Wolfy…” she muttered happily before turning to face him. “Yeah, once I get a hang of the game..mechanics, I’m sure I can…I mean, I mastered the FPs world…How hard can…another set be?” she was asking, partly because she wasn’t sure. This was her first mmo game she’d ever delved into, and had no real idea how it was supposed to work.

She immediately spazzed out when Silver ran off, and calmed down when she got back. It was obvious that she couldn't run off if Sky wanted to keep Jinx in this world, and Silver noticed it to, not even trying to walk away again. Sky looked at them both, smiling, before starting to walk out of the ally, Silver trying to make Jinx follow. 

"Its all a game of numbers, if you can deal more damage then your opponent, have more defense then your opponent, and have more health than your opponent, you can win any battle unless they are smarter then the average player. If i was to compare it to a first person shooter, think of yourself as a shotgun at close quarters versing a guy with a pistol. While the pistol can win, the shotgun will if it hits first" He says, trying to cater the explanation in a way she might understand.

Jinx listened to Stryder explain the game, explain MMO games. She had to admit, she wasn’t a fan of the system being the way it was.

“So basically, the game favours those who have played it for longer?” She asked to confirm what she suspected. She disliked that system, the one that gave the longer time players an overwhelming advantage over the new comers. But then again, different game style, different target audience. “I mean, I see it as, hmm…This world, this game, heavily depends on your gear and level, someone like me couldn’t win a straight fight with you purely because of the difference in our level and items…” The girl took a deep breath as her mind, after months of being hopelessly lost in the dark, tried to find some semblance of sanity.

"Mostly, yes. Those who have been active for longer, have a humongous advantage on someone like you who hasn't really done much yet, but its also about skill. If you are more skilled, you can win a fight anyway. This doesn't apply to everything, obviously, as some monsters will just look at you and crush you" He says, a bit of a smile. He didn't know if she realized it yet, but he didn't see this world as a 'game', not in the very least. He saw this world as the real world, meaning anything you tried at and worked at, you could do. 

"Just take it slow to start... That's the best advice i can give you... Remember this world is now real... You need to forget what you think you know, and learn how this place works. When we get back to the real world, we will rebuild ourselves... Until then we need to fight" He said, his voice slowly turning to a intensely serious tone as his mind shifted, his thoughts making him worry about all his guildmates, all his friends who were wanting to get out of this game... He was one of the rare few who didn't want to leave, but he had to help others... And he was going to get strong enough to do that, no matter what.

At this point, he could see the exit to the gates, slowly snapping out of it as Silver growled happily.

"We won't go far, don't worry"

Jinx let out a soft hum as her mind tried to gather what she needed to know. Levels, time, that’s all the things she should have had, but, well…She took a deep breath and nodded her head. So that was her goal, her target. She had to get some levels under her belt, and aim at what ‘build’ she wanted. Back in her world, your playstyle was critical. In an MMO, there was surely their own style.

“This isn’t the real world” she said instantly to him “This place, even If it’s all we have. It’s a game, and games have their own flaws” She turned to face Stryder, her golden hair floating around her shoulders “I may be weak, and my mind isn’t what it used to be, but…” The girl looked at the exit of the town, and much like the familiar, felt herself freeze up. Ever since retaining her will to survive, since she got her mind back, the prospect of exiting the town had started to, once again, scare her.

“Right…” she muttered to herself, following Stryder and Silver out into the world of Sword Art Online.

ID - 99413

CD- 3 - weapon

LD - 18. - perfect weapon

Sky wasn't to stunned to her reaction about this not being the real world. She was right, this game has Its flaws, like every other game that has ever existed. But the issue is in this one we don't have the freedom of trial and error.

"Your right, it's still a game, but unlike in most where we have a large amount of freedom to do trial and error, our freedom isn't so much here. We can't risk it to much. Before you try and find this games flaws, make sure you can live failing to find them" he says, trying to be constructive and helpful. Before he knew it, he saw silver pick up a perfect item, another unidentifiable item! But he could identify it later. He smiles, giving silver a nice pat on the head, smiling to her. She was becoming his best friend, this wolf was special to him, and he is going to keep when dor as long as he can... until this game is over

Freedom? It was, somewhat, ironic. True freedom wasn’t something she had in the real world, her life was so heavily controlled by her career that freedom, the ability to do what she wanted, when she wanted, just didn’t exist. She couldn’t go out and get drunk when preparing for a tournament, hooking up meant someone might take pictures of her and post them online. And being one of the only females in the professional scene, in a primarily male dominated area, meant that she got a lot of unwanted attention.

She watched the familiar collect something, and she frowned. “What’s Silver doing…?” She asked softly, not understand what the familiar was doing. Gathering materials simply didn’t exist in the FpS world, so a lot of what was happening was alien to her “I’m sure, other players will help. Despite being a video game, with the penalty of death hovering over our heads. Surely people are less, well…human”

Sky looked at his wolf, who after giving him the item, simple barked, looking at a little... vial on the ground. Sky walked over, picking it up, his quest marker changing. He had gotten 3 items, that seemed to be all he needed... She wouldn't get the rewards for this quest... But maybe he could give her one of these items, whichever she wanted... He had some light armor, a weapon and a consumable now, so its time to see what happens.

"Silver is being Silver, she just found all three of the items i need for my quest, meaning i can help you get started in this world after i finish it" He says to her, a wide, cheerful smile on his face, his familiar panting happily, woffing a little. "Some players will help. I can guarantee my entire guild would help, its what i founded it for, but there are those out there who don't believe in the threat of death, and go around taking lives... " He says, before smiling again, not letting that affect him. "Iv yet to run into one of those players tho, so who knows"

ID# 99508 results:

Craft: 12 - Consumables

Loot: 8 - Uncommon

Quest objective update

For his…quest? The girl frowned, before remembering that that’s how it was done. How MMO games operated. There was not one match, not a series. But rather, a never ending match, like a survival game. Except one hell of a messed up survival game in this case.

“So, with those items, you’re done here?” she asked, looking around with her golden eyes. She didn’t need him, but it was an odd comfort, to have someone with her for this. Then again, he had helped pull her out of the madness of her own mind. As had the others. She owned them all, so much.

“Most players will help, I’m sure. The ones I’ve ran into, have all been helpful. So of that, I have little doubt. I’m sure there are dangers, in this game, but I’m capable of avoiding them…mostly” She wasn’t entirely sure, but she had faith in herself. After all, she had no choice. She would have to become independent, or risk death.  

Sky smiled towards her, giving a calm nod to her, noticing her looking around. She spoke about other players having helped her, and it made him feel a little better about the world they were in. It was good to know that there were others like him, helping everyone out when they could. He looked back at the town, which was still in eyes shot, they hadn't really gone more then a few hundred meters away. 

"Yeah, i'm done out here for now. I just gotta find the kid who gave me the quest now i believe, though i think he told me to meet him near the gate, so it won't take long to find him" He says to her with a smile. "Just don't bite off more than you can chew,  but if you do swing me a message. I'l come help if ya need it" He says, grinning before turning around with her. It didn't take long for them to get back to town, it was only like a six minute walk. The whole time, Silver was panting, rubbing her self up aganst Jinx happily, keeping her company. 

When they got back, the kid immeditately pulled Sky aside, somehow grabbing the sword out of his inventory, placing his hands on it and searching for marks. He showed Sky what different marks mean, then gave the sword back, telling him to look for them. Sky did so, finding a paralyze, and two bleed marks. 

"Do the next one on ya own" He says, taking the blade from him and placing it on the ground.

Spoiler

Perfect sword (OHSS)

ID# 99655 results: - 

LD- 8  - Paralyze Slot 1)

ID# 99656 results: 

Loot: 13 - Bleed (Slot 2)

ID# 99657 results: 

Loot: 14 Bleed (slot 2) 

Name: Paralytic Blood
ID - 99413 (Finding it) 
Post - http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/16044-f1-pp-changing-the-job-earning-a-living-jinx/?do=findComment&comment=546882 (Evaled)
Tier - 1
Rarity - Perfect
Type - One Handed Straight Sword
Enhancements - Bleed 2 Paralyze 1
Description - A dark grey one handed straight sword with runic etching on it, the serrated blade sharp with nerve cutting points.

The girl nodded her head. So his quest was over it seemed, and now, for her, came the real test. Would he simply up and leave, or stay around? Each presented a large number of variables. Staying would mean, he…? She frowned, what did it mean again? She knew she had known, but as of now, it was just a blur. She shook her ehad, before feeling the wolf press up against her.

“Heya Silver” She said, leaning down and petting the familiar, scratching behind her ears as Jinx sat down on the ground “If only you could talk, oh the things I’d love to ask you about…” She smiled sadly. What she’d give to be able to hear them speak….

She looked around the floor, and shook her head. Stryder would come back, the fact he had willingly left behind Silver meant that. Or he was giving her his familiar, but that she doubted very much. After all, for as much as she loved Silver, she could tell there was something between the wolf and Stryder, something more than what she was allowed to get in the way off.  

Sky grabbed out the piece of light armor, wondering if it would be any good. He quickly opened the handbook given to him, tapping the armor, and sliding his finger across, trying to find any good enhancement markings. It didn't take to long, but he found one that looked like a bit of a rough patch. When he found that, he quickly realized that you could tell by the variation and texture of the item itself, feeling it and realizing it had two slots of mitigation. After that, he found, in the pouch of the shirt, a small needle which seemed to go through it, and from first touch he could tell it was a regen thing. 

Two done, one to do

---

Silver sat down next to her, happily barking at her, before tackling her down. She made sure her claws weren't anywehre near her, so they were no threat at all as she laid on her, lapping at her face.

Spoiler

.ID# 99731 results: Slot 1

Loot: 18 - Mitigation

ID# 99732 results: Slot 2

Loot: 18 - Mitigation

ID# 99733 results:

Loot: 16 - Illigal roll (LA cannot have 3 MIT, rerolling)

ID# 99734 results: Slot 3

Loot: 2 - Regen 

- Keeping Weapon

Jinx didn’t expect the wolf to pounce on her, and let out a loudish squeal as she was taken down by the wolf. She squirmed slightly under it, and started laughing as the wolf licked her. It didn’t occur to her that it was the first time, in so long, that she had laughed. It didn’t occur to her that despite all her friends being dead, she was here having a good time. All of that vanished from her mind, if only for a moment. She was laughing, enjoying herself.

“S-silver!” She called out, wrapping her arms around the wolf and cuddling her “I-it tickles!” She said, unsure why given the wolf wouldn’t understand what she was saying. But that didn’t matter. She smiled, happy. If a familiar, not even her own, could bring her this much happiness, then she knew what she wanted. More than anything else, she wanted a pet, a companion, for this world.