[PP - F1] First Time for Everything <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free >> (Steel and Reinka)

Reinka seemed to be breaking down after hearing him compare his gear to starter equipment. Well, I wasn't expecting that... Steel thought to himself as Reinka practically demolished two boars at once, already almost finishing her side of the quest. But at this rate, they couldn't continue. Well, Steel felt it wouldn't be right to do anything else before he calms her down and assure her that everything would be okay. He slowly walked up to her shaking body and brought her close for a hug until she calmed down a little. At least until she had stopped shaking. "Settled down a little?" He asked in a warm calming tone. "Don't worry, I won't be taken down that easily. I said my gear's only a little better than the starting gear but my defenses are still way higher than yours. If my guess is correct, it's at least triple yours. I wasn't lying you know that I could handle the monsters on this floor with no problem. And I definitely don't plan on dying. That'd make you sad right?" He then eased Reinka's arms which were still sorta in battle position to relax. "So I want you to trust me on that." He said this with a warm smile.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She stuck her hands against his chest before calming down and ended up sobbing. "Dummy, it'd be my fault if something DID happen because I asked for your help. Do you know how bad that is?!" She cried. "DUMMY!" She pushed away and grabbed his hand. "RUN!" She pulled him. She was running back to the safe zone, which became blurry from all her tears. She just wanted to feel safe. If she got there she could calm down easier. She wasn't sure she could still believe him, it had hurt all over when she thought she could lose him. "Of course it'd make me sad dummy!" She let go of his wrist once they crossed back into town. 

Reinka just slumped to the brick path at the entrance and cried. She rubbed her face, but the tears would stop running down her face. She wasn't used to that reaction at all. She would cry after an argument with her mother maybe but this was something very new. She felt raw and exposed and it didn't help her cry any less. She gasped for air still rubbing her eyes. 

"Why didn't you get armor, why haven't you made armor?! You said you wanted to be a blacksmith right?! Then why is it like this now?! What if a PKer shows up. I dunno if I can handle another person or anything!" She shouted and kept crying. "DUMMY! I talked to you first, if something happened to you I'd be scared to be friends with my other friends you jerk!" she cried.

She didn't want to lose him and was still in a frantic unable to collect herself at all.

Reinka
HP: 120
Energy:8/12

It seemed that didn't help at all since Reinka still was panicking and crying and Steel felt bad about being the cause(?) of her tears. She then all of a sudden grabbed his hand and ran back to town with him in tow.Once the had arrived back to town, she continued to cry and berate him at the same time despite him being a higher level and much harder to kill. Despite all of the insults being thrown his way, he could sense how worried for him she really was. Steel decided to just sit right next to her. wrapping an arm around her in a somewhat awkward hug and let her use his shoulder/chest to cry on. He really didn't know how to properly respond to all of this. He was glad that she treasured him that much but seeing her in tears because of that reason also tore at him. Well, better get her out of public eye first at least. He thought to himself before he picked up the girl princess style and took her away to a nearby bench which was a bit away from the main road and let her finish crying there. "I'm sorry for worrying you. But I assure you that the armor I have on can protect me from a ton of things. I'm not going to die." He didn't know what else to say. "And I promise to buy some better gear after this quest to make sure I'll be able to come back home to you in one piece." He hoped this would work.

When she was scooped up she clung to him and when she put back down she kept hugging him as best she could. It took her several moments to stop crying. She thought about his level and looked up at his health bar. She rubbed her eyes and took a deep breath, and then another until she was able to calm down. She was still trembling but it wasn't as bad as it had been.

"Okay, we'll have to make this quick then. R-right?"

She started to consider her own strength. She killed two boars with the use of her sword art. She inhaled again and felt herself gain some confidence, and she looked up at his health bar to help Steel's own words sink in.

"You better come home every night at a decent time, and if you're out at night you better bring me with you, or a guildmate, or anyone who can have your back. I don't want to wake up only to wait and wait and wait because I don't know what I'd do if you just went away okay." she trusted him so much, and let him into her world to the point she couldn't imagen it without him. He drove her to defend herself and be social and normal again. She feared she'd lose that normality, and it'd be worse the second time. 

She held up her pinky up to him.

"Promise me you won't go out alone, and that you'll get better armor as soon as possible, and that you'll come home every night or take me with you." she said with teary eyes but at least she had stopped crying.

"Yeah, let's finish this quest up quickly and then get something to eat and then head home." Steel said with a grin. "With our strength combined, we're overkill so this should be over in a snap." Though he couldn't do anything effect wise like Reinka's bleeding gauntlets, his multi hit sword skills should get him to the same level of damage dealing. She then listed out some promises that she wanted him to keep. Like coming home every night, that he wouldn't go out alone, and that he'd get better gear. She ended it by holding up a pinky for him to interlock with his own for a pinky swear. The way Reinka was acting kind of reminded him of a clingy and overworried wife but he didn't voice this thought as it wasn't the best time for it. Steel took his pinky and interlocked it with Reinka's. "I promise you that I won't go out on my own, that I'll get better gear, and that I'll return to you each night." He said with a small smile.

She shook their hands up and down three times. 

"Okay." She let go of his finger and looked back out at the field. 

He does have a point. I'm not brash and just walking into battle without looking. She stood up less nervous. Honestly, if she could do this much then it was likely Steel could do more, or so she hoped. She looked back at him.

"Okay, that just means you have to prove it." She smiled and put her hands on her hips. "Come on knight, you're falling behind the pirate you know." She put on a show about it. She was still scared but from the progress they made, this was very much possible. 

She looked back to the gate.

If I keep running back to the safe zone he might not let me go with him. If I'm going to stay with him I have to accept we're going to have to fight for our lives. We are now after all.

With the promise he'd be better equipped soon she felt they could go to more frightening floors. If she was really going to go dungeon crawling for treasure to flaunt she had to be ready for trouble. She'd be lying if she didn't feel a certain thrill from it but she tried to keep her head about her. Reinka relaxed her arms and looked back at Steel. 

"Should we have a race on the next material?" Reinka asked him. "Just for...Fun?" she tried to make light of how she acted just now hiding her weaker side that she was very much ashamed of, but in truth, she worried about Steel. She worried about everyone she met, but he was the one who helped her to start to enjoy this death game. 

"Well, we'll have to test my luck. You've already seen how bad my luck was in terms of hitting the enemy. But I'm sure I'll be able to prove that I'm capable in some way." Steel said with a wry smile as she teased him for being behind her in terms of material gathering for the quest. He presumed this was karma for his earlier teasing but there was probably more to come.

Reinka looked more determined now that they had done the pinky promise and even suggested a race to obtain the next material. "I'll probably lose with my luck but you're on." He said with a grin. He figured that she was doing this to hide her fear or something but decided to say nothing of it at the moment. 

For a short while, the two of them searched the fields again and Steel found something surprising. "This isn't the quest materials but I found a chest." He called out to Reinka. "Hahaha, aren't you a pirate? Finding chests are supposed to be your specialty." He said in a teasing tone when she got to him. "Want to open it?"

ID# 96069

LD: 19

Chest found

Edited by Steel

ID# 96070 results: 5

"Hmph, yeah but can you open it?" she knelt down listening to the chest. "I don't think it's alive." She checked around the chest curiously and felt up the large box for any hidden levers. "I think I got it."

She moved each hand on the side of the chest and pushed an ornate pattern into the chest itself. There was a light click as the lock on the front dropped like a hinge on a door. Reinka smiled and slowly opened the chest to reveal some materials, col and a pair of items. So it was very easy to divide with just the two of them. She nodded at it and let Steel set it aside. To be honest, all she really cared about was the materials but she knew Steel would need his own materials for later as well, for the most part, she was all right with him handling how they divided it up later, mostly because of how patient he was with her and teaching her how to fight.

"The box is yours to do with what you wish." She told him. "Now then let's get back to the fighting." She turned a few times looking around for more enemies. She pointed at one that was near a group, but it could be possible to keep out of range if one wanted to. 

"Go for it Steel, let's see if can get a material from that piggy." She looked around for any aggressive mobs and readied herself for her turn.

50 col, 2mats, 2 uncommon consumable items

Edited by Reinka

Looks like their first treasure chest search was a success. Reinka had left the dividing of the contents of said chest to him later. The amount inside wasn't much but it was better than getting attacked by a mimic chest. After they had settled that, she already lead him to another boar which was pretty close to a group of them. "Well, might as well get this over with." He said as he got into position near the boar away from the group, planning to deal with the group later. He charged up a sword skill and he let loose «Snake Bite», landing three solid blows on the boar and pretty much killing it in one go. "See? These boars are weak." He said with a grin to Reinka. Unfortunately, he didn't get any drops from the monster. "Darn it! My luck is still really crappy..." He said with a sigh. "Ah well, I'll make up for it through quantity. Hey Reinka, looks like we're taking on those three boars. I think I got them pissed off from killing their friend. Should be fine though, they can't get through my armor." He said confidently. 

ID# 96125

BD 7 | MD 5 | LD 4

Steel:
HP: 220
Energy: 19/22

Reinka
Energy: 12/12

Enemy:

Boar Pup
HP: 0/5 Dead

Edited by Steel

Reinka looked at the group of boars that Steel pointed out. She felt she could miss and stare down a bunch of boars, but what if that happened when she was treasure hunting. She took a deep breath and turned to Steel.

“This might turn into a trust exercise. My turn.” She told him. “I’m counting on you.” She told him. “Also I want to win.” She smiled and ran off.

Even though she was scared she was still competitive, but not with Steel. She was competitive with herself. She wanted to get even better. She decimated two boars could she manage to handle three on her own? What if she went hunting for treasure, she’d be forced to do this sort of task in a split second to protect the party she came with. This would become her life and if she wanted to take that risk she’d have to fight tooth and nail to protect her new family she’d have.

There was a drop in pressure around her as she leapt into the air and brought her fist down. Her arms went into rapid motions and she jumped over one of the pigs hitting him several times with a one-two punch, and she pivoted and struck the other boar. Reinka then dove out of the way now that she used her Aggressive Twins attack on all three of them. She rolled and looked up at them from a kneeling position checking to see if they would shatter or if she missed.

ID# 96176 results: 5 (She missed!!!)

Reinka
Energy: 8/12

Steel:
Energy: 19/22

Enemy:

Boar Pup
HP: 5/5 

Boar Pup

Boar Pup

Edited by Reinka

Steel began to observe how Reinka fought against the boars. Since you were using your mind to move your body, you would need to have some degree of physical ability in order to move well. And Reinka was moving like an acrobat, jumping around and throwing punches at them. Too bad said punches were missing all of them. And here I thought I was unlucky... He thought to himself before he noticed something. One of the boars was about to strike Reinka from behind. Though he knows that it wouldn't deal her much damage if at all, he couldn't let himself just stand there. "Look out!" He said as got right behind Reinka in a flash and cut down the attacking boar with another Snake Bite. "As I said, I got your back." Steel said as they were now back to back. "Let's try focusing on one each." In his mind, he sorta cursed not getting a material.

ID# 96212

BD: 8 | LD: 8

Reinka
Energy: 8/12

Steel:
Energy: 17/22

Enemy:

Boar Pup

Boar Pup

Boar Pup

Edited by Steel

One boar turned to Steel annoyed that Steel attacked its brother. While the other turned to Reinka. The two kicked up dirt as they charged the pain running it opposite directions from each other. Their red eyes glowing as they waved their tusks to try to hit the player they ran at, which much far of a run for them so they wouldn't get a charge bonus for it. 
The two pigs squalled a bit as they backed away for the one they attacked.  Reinka saw the boars try to fight against the pincer move she tried to put them in and saw Steel flat out to kill one. She nodded to him and braced herself for the upcoming assault from the boar that tried to gore her. She thought of dodging out of the way if it was an option. As the boar came at her she jumped doing a cartwheel to the side as the boar passed her flowing red skirt like a bull against a matador. "Oli." she smiled and pointed her hand like a gun at the boar. "Bang." her hand glowed and she blew as if it shot a bullet. She bolted forwards with her enforcer ability against the boar, the boar staggered and seemed to be in a daze.

ID# 96218 results: 8 Boar vs Steel = 3base dmg =3 dmg against 17 armor = 0dmg
ID# 96219 results: 4 Boar vs Reinka = miss activates Savy +1 to Reinka's BD 
ID# 96219 5 + 1 savy1 = 6

Reinka
Energy: 4/12

Steel:
Energy: 16/22

Enemy:

Boar Pup

Boar Pup 
HP 5/5

Boar Pup
HP: 2/5 3base plus stunned by Enforcer. 3-5=2hp

Edited by Reinka

Good, looks like she's got that one busy. Steel thought to himself as glanced over and saw Reinka hit and stun a boar with a martial arts skill. He decided to go after the other boar since he believed that Reinka would be able to handle the stunned one on her own. It would have only taken one more hit anyway. He looked over at his own opponent with a relaxed expression as he was confident this time in killing the boar . "Sorry Mr. Piggy, but we have to kill you for materials." Steel said in his playful tone before zooming in and unleashing one more Snake Bite, getting another kill in. A message box then popped up showing that he had gotten a boar pup tusk finally. "Alright, I got one! Now we're 1 to 2. How are you doing on your end? Though you're probably gonna beat me anyway." He said with a small laugh.

ID#: 96221

BD: 6 | LD: 12

Reinka
Energy: 4/12

Steel:
Energy: 14/22

Enemy:

Boar Pup

Boar Pup 
HP 0/5 Dead

Boar Pup
HP: 2/5 

Steel gained one boar tusk material

Edited by Steel

ID# 96222 results: Reinka1 mob4

She went to attack the boar and heard Steel talk to her so after she punched she looked and saw she was nowhere near actually hitting the boar. She blushed a bit embarrassed and slightly frustrated at herself for botching up her strike. She took a deep breath and looked over at him. "I think I screwed up." She admitted.

There was a loud snort and she looked over at boar that was now charging her. Her ears twitched and without looking. "Not today!" She quickly jumped over the boar as it charged at her, and now she was in front of Steel. "It missed." She turned to face the boar going into a more aggressive stance.

"Do you think you can take it out Steel?" She asked. "That boar is a bit more slippery than the other ones. Cheeky devil." She glared at it.

The boar snorted at her and she growled back at it to try to intimidate it, not that it would really work, but she was in her own mindset of winning.

"Lets get them."

Savy has been activated +1 BD till success.

Reinka
Energy: 2/12

Steel:

Enemy:

Boar Pup

Boar Pup 
HP 0/5 Dead

Boar Pup
HP: 2/5 

Edited by Reinka

Steel could only give a wry smile when Reinka appeared embarrassed over missing her target. "Don't worry about it, it happens to everybody." Steel said reassuring her. He then saw the boar snap out of it's stun and just look pissed. "I got it." Steel said as he got in between Reinka and the boar and got into a stance. It was one he used back in the real world for kendo. Might as well let loose a little. He said with a small smirk as bloodlust seemed to come from him. "Kofuna Shizen Ryu: Samidare." He said in a calm tone before striking the boar and killing it with the sword technique. Afterwards, he went back to normal. "Aw man, I didn't get a horn this time. Looks like you're still winning by one." He said with some disappointment as he hasn't had much luck with getting these things. He then noticed Reinka looked tired. "How about we take a small break?" He suggested.

ID# 96223

BD: 7 | LD: 4

Reinka
Energy: 2/12

Steel:

Enemy:

Boar Pup

Boar Pup 
HP 0/5 Dead

Boar Pup

Edited by Steel

She huffed a bit and stretched.

"Okay I feel more confident in this now. They don't seem strong enough to really hurt us. You were right." She relaxed a bit more and looked around at her surroundings. "Man I'm tired." She let out an exhausted sigh. "I guess this uses up a lot of energy after all. I was worried about that."

She sat down for a second now that they were out of danger and let the wind blow her hair back. The game was calming, and yet she knew it was that way to give a player a false sense of security likely. Vibrant colors, lush terrain, everything was all sunshine and roses it seemed. It was a gorgeous day. She thought about it. Why would someone make a death game like this and not make it frightening all the time? On the one hand this felt like playing with a person and messing with their emotions, and yet she remembered something. She used the game as an escape. Maybe that was the point. To make an escape into another life that you can't escape from. Just like reality. Maybe that was the true method of madness. It would making living here easier.

"Hey Steel. Would it be wrong to view this world as real?" she asked him. "What do you think?"

3/12

Steel was somewhat surprised at Reinka's question during their break. He hadn't actually thought about it before since they kinda had to deal with the whole death game thing. There just wasn't enough time for him to spare on the philosophical stuff. He began to think about it briefly before answering. As he did, the many things he experienced since coming here started flashing through his head.

"I believe it's fine to think of this as reality." Steel said in response. "While this world is made up of ones and zeros, even though we're not moving our own flesh and blood bodies, we're still experiencing things and making memories. Fun memories, painful memories, feelings of accomplishment, feelings of regret, all sorts of things. At the very least, it'd leave a bad taste in my mouth if all of those memories and feelings were just regarded as fake." He said with a somewhat bitter smile. "So does that answer your question?"

Edited by Steel

She nodded agreeing with him. If she didn't that would mean she wouldn't accept his existence. Still, she would eventually forget how to even handle the real world. Just like how she couldn't figure out how to handle this game at first. She nodded and thought about it. "I might forget to call this a game after awhile you know." She admitted. Maybe that was for the better, she was cautious in the real world about things but did take risks and she was happy with where she was. "Okay, then I'll call this place home then." She looked up at the nice sky and then up at him. She then stood up and stretched. She stood up and looked over at him and went into her inventory. She had a piece of chocolate and split it in half handing over a piece to Steel.

"I meet people at a tavern I got food for them, and in the end, it was just a bunch of chocolate that didn't have anything to it, but I guess it should taste okay right? We got it for free because no one else wanted to buy it because it didn't help them in any way, so we got to enjoy it. Have a piece."

"I stopped thinking of this as a game after day 1 honestly." Steel said as he remembered the day the game became reality. He couldn't really call something he was forced to play, at the risk of his own life no less, as a mere game. "Hahaha, from game to home eh? That's a drastic change of thinking." He couldn't help but laugh at the sudden change in attitude. At the same time, he kinda agreed with her. While he still didn't think of this place as home since he was a solo player usually before Reinka, he had gotten somewhat comfortable with his situation and wasn't feeling as much despair as the first day.

Reinka then went into her inventory and took out some chocolate before splitting it and giving half to him. It was almost kinda fitting since Valentine's Day wasn't that far from from the present. Though it reminded him that he never had any luck back in school on Valentine's other than Obligation Chocolate or chocolate from his little sister. At most, he got Friendship Chocolate from some of his female friends in high school. He put those thoughts in the back of his mind as he nibbled on the chocolate. "Thanks. Though it's already past Valentine's I'll be sure to get you something on White Day." He said with a small smile as he ate the chocolate. Since Reinka was from America, he doubted she knew much about Japanese culture. Then again, they taught culture in language classes nowadays so who knows?

She looked over and nibbled on her piece of chocolate. It wasn't something she loved, but tasting it made her eyes go wide. It really did taste like chocolate. She licked her lips and nodded understanding that Steel thought this was reality instead of a game as well. It was refreshing to have someone with a similar mind. Everyone around her kept calling it a death game. It is, but maybe it wasn't really that scary? She was starting to enjoy life in the game. She looked back at him when he talked about white day.

"Is that how that works? I know of the two days but I wasn't sure which one was which." She admitted. "The chocolate was pretty good. It tasted like milk chocolate. I prefer dark but, for the first thing to eat. I might get a sweet tooth." She laughed happily.

She still couldn't believe how much she could taste it. She thought by not eating she wouldn't be able to taste anything, and yet there it was. She smiled happily. Getting pleasure out of eating food wasn't too common with her or the cast she worked with, everyone worried about gaining weight, and yet, here it didn't matter.

"This would be a good diet program ha."