[PP - F1] First Time for Everything <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free >> (Steel and Reinka)

"Valentines is when the girls give chocolate to guys generally and White Day, which is a month later, is the reverse and the guys get something for the girls." Steel said in response. "White Day aside since that's more a Japan thing, I thought Valentine's Day was international. I'm surprised you don't know about it." It seemed like Reinka was enjoying her chocolate greatly, saying that she may develop a sweet tooth. "I suppose we'll have to get dessert when we eat out tonight." He said with a smile. "At least we can't get cavities here."

"Even before we got stuck in here, they already made a diet program for the nerve gear. It makes sense since eating food here still tricks your brain into thinking you're full though you don't gain a single calorie here." Steel said in response. "I think once we get out of here, you should introduce the program to your friends in theater. I'm under the impression you guys watch every calorie you eat. It doesn't really sound fun. Diet reasons aside, they should try to enjoy food for once. Though that may just be me since I have to eat a ton in order to keep up with the large amount of calories I end up burning through the day."

Edited by Steel
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, and to be honest we condition our bodies to more or less love our health foods. Mostly our salads. Which I like because it's crisp and tasty. Even though I use to have ceaser dressing I have to have a vinaigrette instead. Though to be fair I like sour taste a lot. Like pickled beets, or pickled anything for that matter. It's just sometimes you have low iron if you don't eat much meat. I do eat meat it's just well I'm not suppose to have that much. I'm a fan of lamb and steak but they're too fatty to have on a regular basis. I heard Kobe meat in Japan is really fat and literally melts in your mouth, which is so different from our kobe. Which is just another brand is all. Is it true it's really good?" she asked him curiously.

"Hm, oh, yeah I know what American's consider Valentines day, I just wasn't sure if it was the same. I knew you had a white and and wasn't sure which was celebrated first to be honest. Still I think it's a great idea to have both genders to have a time to really go all out for the person they might like." She thought it was sweet and not something that was suppose to be awkward. Sure it would be, but at least then you'd know how a person feels about you.

"I think my friends might be too afraid of the system after this incident, in fact I can't see many people willing to risk what happened here you know?" she asked him. "Which is a shame considering all of this has it's moments. I would have loved to escape into this world. I really would have. Right now I guess I"m just, living in reality at the moment. I still enjoy it." It was strange how her view on the world was changing.

"Not that health food isn't good for you but I'd have a hard time dealing with that sort of diet..." Steel said in response to Reinka's description of her diet. Though to be fair, Japanese diets were already healthy in comparison to places like America so it wouldn't be as a big of a deal if he ate more, especially with how he burned through his calories through training. "Unfortunately, I haven't really eaten Kobe beef all that much. I think I ate it like once or twice. It tastes good but it's way too pricy. My diet was the complete opposite of yours. I had to eat a lot in order to keep up with the amount of calories I burned through training so my family had to be economical about our food." 

"Well, in a way, both days weren't exactly good for the heart..." Steel said as he remembered some of those days. "As you just said, it's a time where you can go all out for the person you like. So there could be normies that have multiple girls vie for his affections and that gets ugly occasionally. Then there's guys who just awkwardly stand there, hoping that they get chocolate that year."

"I'd be willing to go back to a virtual world like this. Despite this incident, I'm sure that they're going to make more games using virtual reality worlds as we speak. This world already has so much to see and experience. Just imagine what sights there'll be in the other worlds?" He said this with excitement in his voice. "That'll be another reason to get out of here. To be able to see what they managed to come up with while we were away. Think they'll have magic this time?" He said with a laugh as SAO would have been a normal RPG if it included magic. "How about we get together after we leave here to decide which one we explore next?"

It was very true. She was jealous of other countries for their more healthy life style options. It was pretty said when a burger was less expensive than a salad, or even a soda being less expensive than fruit one could turn into a smoothie, or shake or just juice for that matter.
"I guess that just means while I'm here I might as well eat." She said relaxing more.

She listened to him.

"I guess if I liked that popular person I'd give them chocolate, but truth be told I'd help out that awkward one. Get him some attention by being openly flirty with him so other people find him desirable, and typically they're the most fun to talk to, though I wouldn't try that tactic without them knowing about it first. That'd just be a jerk move to do when they're already feeling upset. I'm more likely to like them anyway I think. Though, maybe not. I'd want someone with confidence, but at the very least if he can't be that I hope they're organized because there are days I don't have anything together." She admitted. "But if they aren't organized then a go getter. At least that's ideal , but in truth just someone to have my back and that I can trust would be the best bet." She was happy with her answer in the end.

"You would? You're bretty brave. Then again, maybe you're right. Living in the world is just like reality right. So if I wasn't scared there I shouldn't be scared here. Both worlds can kill you, and you only have one life. It's amazing I've stayed in it this long. I think I'd play another game too, and I bet my agent would burn everything I bought out of fear. After all they lose me they lose their.....Job....Oh...." She just realized she may have screwed over her agent. "I hope they found someone else. Hey lets get strong so we get back home. Just to let people know we're okay." Still she felt safer around Steel than with her bodygaurd. Though he was a friend. She knew he could fight but still wondered if he could react.

"Now that I've heard that, I'm more fired up about getting you to enjoy the food here!" Steel said with a grin. "The food here has no calories so eat to your heart's content! Though since you still feel full from eating, you can still get a stomachache from eating too much." He said with a nervous laugh as he remembered when he had tried that himself.

Reinka then went on explaining how she'd act in that situation which sounded kinda admirable although a little scheming. Somehow, this returned back to her tastes in a lover. Girls really like talking about love a lot don't they? Steel couldn't help but think to himself and it kinda showed on his face. Even with the experience of having a little sister, he still didn't get girls sometimes if not almost all the time. 

"Yeah, let's get stronger and get home as fast as we can. Though I'm sure our loved ones are fine." Steel said to reassure her. In the back of his head though, he definitely knew his sister would be fine. Perhaps a bit too much of Takeshi rubbed off on her since last he knew, she had managed to beat back some flirts who were getting rough. "And if that agent tries to burn it all, we'll just have to convince the guy otherwise. As they say, hate the crime not the person. While Kayaba did trap us here, the world itself hasn't done anything wrong to us per say. And has even let us experience it."

"Now then, you all rested up?" He said as he was fine now.

She gave him a thumbs up when he talked about food. 
"Wait we can still get a stomach ache here? Then that means I might get sick off of foods I don't like right? Though I don't think there is food I don't like." She was taught to eat small portions so she never really knew if she disliked something. "Though I do like some strange food, at least by American standards. Like I love eating squid, there was a fried donut that was small and round with it in it. It was a prank someone played at work, and I loved it but I couldn't eat as much as I wanted. They said it was common in Japan but I don't know if that's true nor do I know what it's called. I also know I like escargot, but it could be I like it because I'm not allowed to have it. I'm not sure." She sighed annoyed thinking of food. "There's so much I'm not allowed to eat but want to."

"Huh? Oh, sorry, I brought that up again. I do that. I guess I was always afraid of having a boyfriend or girlfriend because of my parents. To them they had to be making a certain dollar amount to be worthy, and as an actress I would fall in love with a crowd cheering me on, so dollars didn't mean anything. We did some free stuff as well so it wasn't like they had to pay all the time.

She nodded agreeing. "You're right, if things weren't okay it'd be worse here right? Okay lets get stronger then." She smiled happily at him and stretched. "I think I'm ready. How about you Steel?" she asked with one arm up stretching. 

"It's more of a brain thing. In reality, your brain tells you when your stomach is full right? Eating past your limit causes your stomach to feel pain. This is to prevent you from literally dying from overeating. So we basically keep that here even though we don't have a physical stomach to store said food. I guess in this case, it's to keep you from spending too much money on food. Hahaha." He said with a grin. "Yeah, squid's a common dish here in Japan. Hopefully we can find some here. It tastes pretty good. And with no calories to worry about, we can eat as much as we want here. Let's take advantage of that."

"Your folks were pretty strict on that huh? Almost sounds like the stereotype asian parents..." What Steel was talking about was that the stereotype for asian parents when it came to dating was to ask how much money they made and what their grades were. Despite that being a stereotype, he hadn't actually seen that for himself so he wondered how that came to be. "Well, not like thinking about potential loves is a bad thing."

"Yeah, I've been ready for a while. Let's get ba..." Steel couldn't finish his sentence as he went and tripped over something. When he turned to look, he found a chest. "Well, found another chest."

ID# 97311
LD: 18
Found chest

Edited by Steel

She stared down at him. She wondered how the heck he managed to find something like that for the second time! She was almost a little mad he found not one but two chests already. She let out a sigh.

"Except they aren't Asian. I guess it makes sense though. Mom is Hispanic and grew up in a poor home most of her life. So she ended up career and money driven. Though somehow she found a pretty nice guy. I always liked the story about how they got together, and it made sense. She actually told my dad she had no time for a boyfriend when they met, and he kept trying anyway. So she said all right she doesn't need a boyfriend but a secretary." She helped pull Steel up from the ground and knelt in front of the chest. "So he started carrying pen and paper all the time. Along with whatever he though she'd need, and became her personal free secretary. Eventually she would go to the bar with him and relax a bit more enjoying spending time with him instead of working. He kept being her secretary because then he knew we he could be around her. Eventually he was her boyfriend and tried to marry her. She said yes. To be honest I'm surprised and not surprised at the story." She shrugged and started to futz with the treasure chest opening it up for Steel

.ID# 97362 1 (Your bad luck.....It got me....You fiend!) 

"It's empty....Well that's embarrassing."

ancient_mimic.gif
HP: 110
Damage: 33
(rolled a 7 (-2 from Reinka's evasion on her armor = 5 MISS)

"BLARG!" The chest glowed as it got teeth and the shadow it cast tried to grab onto Reinka as it was actually arms and not it's shadow at all.
"HOLY!" Reinka rolled backwards just in time, and was sure it was because her armor was light enough to give her such movement. "Ha!" She tried to strike the enemy but seemed to miss. "Shoot it's too fast. STEEL BE CAREFUL THIS ONE IS TOUGH!"

Reinka
HP
ENERGY 12  -1=11 energy
5 (miss)

Steel:
HP: 220
Energy: 20/22

ancient_mimic.gif
HP: 110
Damage: 33

Edited by Reinka

"That sounds like a sweet story." Steel said with a small smile. "And man, your Dad sure was persistent, being able to keep that up for probably years to slowly work his way into her heart." Steel had begun to form a sense of respect for this man he had yet to meet. "I never found out the details for my parents. Just that they met on one of Dad's business trips." Reinka had opened the chest at this point and had found it was empty, only for it to attack her. Thankfully, she dodged it but it still made him worry as he immediately shifted into battle mode. The mimic was now focused on the lower leveled and less armored Reinka. As the tank, it was his role to change that. "Get away from her you piece of firewood!" He shouted as he used the sword skill Snake Bite to strike at the side of the monster. "That's right, keep your eyes on me!" He was determined to protect Reinka.

That's about 8% damage. My damage output is way too low. I'll run out of stamina at this rate... Steel thought to himself as he began strategizing in his head.

ID# 97422

BD: 8

Party:

Reinka
HP: 120

Energy: 11/12

Steel:
HP: 220
Energy: 19/22

Enemy:

Mimic:
HP: 101/110

ID# 97429 results Reinka 7, mob 8 but paralyzed on next turn
The mimic jumped forwards biting Steel's leg and then moved back to get ready tor another attack.

Reinka's hand glowed as she got up and ran up Steel's back and jumped off his shoulder as if she were a weightless fairy. She was right above the mimic and struck it hard on a corner of it's top lid. Blue sparks were around the mimic as it seemed damaged by the attack. She grinned as she landed behind the treasure chest.

"Stay quiet you won't have any bite while I"m around!" she said triumphantly. "Hey Steel execute this thing if you can!" She shouted to him.

The chest made a noise and then seemed to stagger as it bounced around the blue lightning seemed to hold it in place. Reinka was worried. She could only do that a few times before he energy ran out, and even though she was putting on a grand bravado she wasn't willing to risk Steel over this stupid thing. She was actually very surprised to see such a creature so close to the starting areas. Did that mean the game was getting harder, or was it compensating for their levels. If that was true was she endangering others the stronger she got but not leaving the floor? She'd have to worry about that later.

Mimic:
HP: 97/110 ((PARALYZED) (Dmg 1base + 3 MA dmg = -4 to health)
DMG 33

Reinka

Energy: 8/12 (+1 for post -4 for SA Embracer = -3Energy)

Steel:
HP: 204/220 (33dmg - 17 mit = -16hp)

Edited by Reinka

Steel flinched as he took damage. That's about 7% damage. It'll take approximately 13 hits to take me down. Even if I land all of my sword skills, I will only be able to deplete the enemy of about 70% of it's HP. The other 30% will have to be done by Reinka. The analytical side of him began running numbers through his head as Reinka landed a blow that paralyzed the monster before telling him to deal more damage. Steel used the same sword skill as usual, Snake Bite, and struck at the monster. He felt really good about the attack and it seemed to show in the extra damage he dealt. 

It was then he noticed that Reinka seemed a bit worried. Thanks to the short luxury of time given due to the stun, Steel was able to give her an apologetic smile. "I guess it's my bad that we have to face this annoying thing since it's based on my level. Sorry about that!" His smile then turned into a confident one. "But regardless, we'll definitely pull through. We're partners who'll stick together through thick and thin aren't we?"

ID# 97430

BD: 9

Mimic:
HP: 85/110 ((PARALYZED)
DMG 33

Reinka
Energy: 8/12 

Steel:
HP: 204/220 
Energy: 17/22

Hate:
Steel: 3

Reinka: 1

Edited by Steel

ID# 97443 results: Reinka 10 (Crit), Mob 3 (Paralyzed so it can't move anyway)

"BLARG!" the mimic jolted from the electrocution it felt as it stayed in place.

Reinka ran at the enemy from behind. Pirates don't play fair as she started striking the mob everywhere she could. As it turned to look at her she grabbed up a pile of dirt and threw it into the mimic's eyes then started to continue her combination on the monster again.

"You think that was bad try this one!" she shouted as she pounded her new gauntlets into the creature. "HAH!" she screamed giving it her all. She didn't want to have this thing roaming the floors to fight another day. "We can't let this get away Steel, it's dangerous to other players." She'd take responsibility there was no running from this ugle thing.

Her gauntlets let out a hum of music on her last strike which pushed the mimic towards steel. The lid on top was cracked and oozing out a black substance.

"Is that it's blood?" she asked keeping her guard up. The blue lines around it went away and it was no longer paralyzed. "Careful paralyzes has warn out."

Mimic:
HP: 73/110 ((Bleeding) (1base+3MA +2crit) *2( Aggressive Twins ) = 12 dmg will take 12 dmg on it's turn
DMG 33

Reinka

Energy: 5/12 (+1 -4)
ACC: +1 from keen for hitting target on next roll

Steel:
HP: 204/220 (33dmg - 17 mit = -16hp)

Edited by Reinka

Aw man, I'm being one upped by my partner and I'm supposed to be the higher leveled one. Steel said with a small smile as Reinka managed to do more damage on top of dealing more damage to the mimic via bleeding later. "I'll just have to make up for it I suppose through spirit! Snake Bite!" He cried out as he slashed at the mimic three times. Though it didn't do as much damage as Reinka's attack, he still managed to keep its attention on him as the mimic had begun to eye Reinka. (though it had no eyes to speak of) "Keep your eyes off of her ugly. Over here!" He taunted the Mimic though it wouldn't actually do anything since he didn't have a taunt skill. "You're running low on stamina right? If you ever need a breather, feel free to fall back for a bit. I'll definitely be able to hold it here." He said to Reinka who seemed to be getting low on energy. "At the very least you might need to lower damage output for a bit. Doing too many skills at once takes a toll after all."

ID# 97446

BD: 8

Mimic:
HP: 64/110 (Bleeding) 
DMG 33

Reinka
Energy: 5/12 

Steel:
HP: 204/220 

ID# 97450 results: Reinka 2, mob 7

The ooze poured out of the monster as it started to flash red slightly. It then rammed it's body against Steel's as it attacked him again.
Reinka wondered if that meant the halfway point. She did feel tired now that Steel brought it to her attention. It was an odd soreness that ran through her body. She nodded to him and tried to just use a normal attack. She huffed a bit and looked around. She couldn't exactly leave combat without running away.
"I'll just keep hitting it to try to get bleed off, if you take too much damage Steel, I'll try to paralyze it one more time." She told him. "You have potions right? If not and it gets bad try to switch with me I might be able to dance around that stupid thing." She explained. "Don't worry we can do this!" She tried to keep herself calm with her own words while cheering her teammate on. "I know you can get it."

Mimic:
HP: 52/110 (12 Bleed) 
DMG 33

Reinka
Energy: 5/12  (-1 +1)

Steel:
HP: 204/220 17mit-33 = 16 - 204 = 188

Edited by Reinka

Though he got hurt, Steel stood steady as now it gave him a clear shot of his target. Regardless of how fast they were, there was no way it could dodge at near point blank range. "Snake Bite!" He exclaimed as he unleashed a powerful attack, letting out each slash with great gusto. At this rate, I'll probably be low on energy myself after approximately 7 more uses of the sword skill. Having my body moved in a way its not used to is tiresome indeed. The sword skills not only made them move in a certain way, they also made them do it at high speed, creating more of a mental burden if anything. However, that should be enough, even without critical damage. He thought to himself, noting the hp of the monster.

"Don't worry, I got potions but according to my calculations, we should be able to kill this thing before I need a potion. Let's do this!" He said with confidence.

ID# 97451

BD: 10

Mimic:
HP: 37/110 (12 Bleed) 
DMG 33

Reinka

Steel:
HP: 188/220 
Energy: 15/22

Hate:

Steel: 6

Reinka: 3

Edited by Steel

The mimic reared to attack Steel once more.

"Your mother was a ugly vanity item!" Reinka shouted.

The mimic took a nose dive into the ground and jumped back up chomping it's mouth up and down angrily. Reinka nearly snorted in laughter but was just happened that ploy worked. It was stupid in her mind but she wanted to distract the mimic somehow. She watched it ooze out again and smiled seeing the bleed worked for it's two turns. She got into a fighting stance and looked down at her gauntlets. She took a normal swing at the mimic and landed her hit on it.

"Hey this isn't so bad. Steel heads up, give it another hit just like before. I know you can do it! Crit it again!" She cheered  for him happily. "I'll be really happy if you do!" She cheered hopefully. "If you manage it we'll get the couples meal at a restaurant!" Now she was really looking forward to food after this as the couples meal was the largest dish she had seen in her time in SAO, as well as something that was meant to be shared. "Or I'll rub your back for kicking butt!" She said excitingly.

ID# ID# 97456 results: Reinka 6, Mob 4

Mimic:
HP: 22/110 (12 Bleed) 1base + 3 MA dmg = 15dmg total - 37hp = 22
DMG 33

Reinka

Steel:
HP: 188/220 MISS

Edited by Reinka

"As if I can do crits all the time!" Steel couldn't help but remark in tsukkomi (the straight man in a comedy duo) fashion as he noticed the Mimic come for him again and then he swung at it to shoo it away. Unfortunately, he couldn't land a blow due to being distracted but that attack was more for getting the wooden(?) monster to back off momentarily. He noticed that Reinka looked forward to this couple's meal, whatever it was. Steel had never seen it himself as he normally quested and ate by himself before making that promise to Reinka. And it would have been embarrassing if he ordered it for himself, regardless of his stomach. "If you want that then, we might as well order that couple's meal regardless once we're done here. But for now, let's focus on the battle. It'll make the meal taste all the better after a victory."

ID# 97459

BD: 3

Mimic:
HP: 22/110 
DMG 33

Reinka

Steel:
HP: 188/220 

Hate:

Reinka: 4

The mimic was getting upset with all the shenanigans and jumped around trying to bash Steel in the head with itself. Throwing itself up at him with it's shadow like arms. It missed Steel's head and dropped on the ground with it's mouth facing up at Steel. Reinka saw her opening and jumped onto the mimic just under it's mouth. She landed on her knees right on the wooden trunk and started punching the spot. When it's tongue came out when it was in pain she quickly grabbed it with one hand and slammed the lid down on the tongue. There was a loud cry and she rolled off before it could use it's Shadow like arms to pull her off.

"Of course we'll be victorious there's no other possible outcome. Lets just hope it drops a bunch of col so we can eat well tonight." she glanced over at Steel's health and saw he was all right. "Ugh." She almost hit her limit and kept her eyes on the mimic.

ID# 97461 results: 10 mob 6

Mimic:
HP: 10/110 (4 +2) *2 12dmg Bleeding 2 turns = 22hp - 12dmg = 10HP
DMG 33

Reinka
Energy: 1/12 

Steel:
HP: 172/220 33- 17mit = 16dmg - 188 = 172hp

Hate:

Reinka: 6

Edited by Reinka

"Here's the finisher!" Steel said as he slashed at the mimic with one last sword skill. He loose a battle cry as if he were in an intense kendo match with a strong opponent as he slashed it down with three more slashes. When the skill has finished, the mimic had glowed a little before bursting into little data fragments. Out of habit, he let out a victory shout. Despite the easy quest, they had just finished a tough battle that came out of nowhere.

ID# 97479

BD: 9

Mimic:
HP: 0/110 (Dead)
DMG 33

Reinka
Energy: 1/12 

Steel:
HP: 172/220 
Energy: 13/22

Steel noticed that Reinka was looking a little shaky due to expending most of her stamina and he rushed over and caught her, easing her burden slightly by helping  her stand. "You okay?" He asked out of concern as he helped her back to that spot they were sitting at earlier. It was then he got a notification about the rewards they got in the battle. "Two crafting materials huh? Almost doesn't feel worth it with how tough that was." He said with a bit of a laugh. But he was more than fine with just the fact that they were alive. And now the two were back sitting where they were before to again recover their energy.

ID# 97483

LD: 14 CD: 1

2 Crafting Materials Obtained

She trembled feeling an odd mix of soreness and pain run down her back and leg. She leaned against him and once she was on the ground she laid down on her back. She just stared up at the sky for a moment then looked over to Steel. She gave him a thumbs up. "You took the full force of the attacks though, are you okay?" she asked him with worried eyes. "Ha, really only two materials. I mean it'd be good for whenever we got our shops up and running, but now I'm starting to see why it's so hard to get anywhere in this game if the monsters don't drop something decent after what, was it, hours? Felt like it. I don't think I've ever fought anything like that in a game before." She sat up. "Well maybe for an event or something but this is normal for chests right?" she asked and leaned against her own legs catching her breath. "Thanks for finding this spot again." She whipped the sweat off her brow. The pain in her body started to go away. "I didn't know it could simulate pain like that, I'll have to remember that and not get that low on energy again. I wonder if there's a potion or something for it. Well, more studying it is then."

She let her body fall back against the ground with a thud. She didn't remember the last time she felt this tired.