[PP-F1] <<Feeding the Enemy>>

Hypa was walking through the Town of Beginnings like he normally did. He didn't really leave floor 1 that often, let alone the town. He had been aimlessly walking the streets, grinding the low level enemies for little or no profit. He had expected it would be another uneventful day, of strolling around with no reason. But he had noticed an out of place npc in the streets. It was quite irregular for npc's to change where they go unless they were offering a quest. Hypa decided he'd approach the old woman that was hobbling through the market. She seemed quite kind. When he had reached her, she turned to him a little abruptly. She spoke in a soft tone, containing wisdom. "Hello there, son. What brings you to this town?" Hypa stuttered a little, before replying. "Hi! I spend most of my time here. It can be a little lonely." 

The lady replied, a smile spread across her wrinkled face. "Ah, I see. Have you ever considered getting a companion? A pet, perhaps?" Hypa smiled back at her. "A pet? I've seen a few people with some, but I've never known how to get one." The old lady laughed slowly, holding out a small pouch. "Here. In this pouch you'll find some food for animals. Use this to give to a wild animal. Hopefully it'll take the bait and like you!" Hypa reluctantly took it. "Are you sure I can take it?" The woman laughed again. "Of course. Every man needs a friend!"

Quest Started!

The woman slowly walked off. "Thanks!" The old lady gave him a wave, before disappearing around a corner. Hypa stared down at the bag, smiling. Quests don't normally come to him on a silver platter, but this one did. It was honestly a welcome change. But he didn't really know what to do, other than give it food and hope it works. He continued staring at the pouch. "I'll probably need some sort of help..."                                                   

@Illiure

Seemly innocent Illiure was examining the gear through a display window in a nearby shop. Her familiar, Kueto, hovering happily next to her and occasionally giving a squeak or two. I need to buy some gear soon, or else I'm never gonna get anywhere. She thought, dead panning at the display glass. Kueto gave a shrill chirp at her and landed on her shoulder gracefully. "What is it Kueto?" she muttered as Kueto pawed at her checks with a whine. 

Kueto gave another whine and opened her mouth wide and clear. Oh so now you're hungry? Illiure thought as Kueto started lashing her tail vigorously. Illiure shook her head. "No, I only fed you a few hours ago," she said sternly, her mother/familiar owner voice showing. The winged rabbit gave a grunt of displeasure and went back to sitting silently on her shoulder. What a stubborn rabbit. Illiure thought, giving a similar grunt as to her familiar.  

Illiure's eyes scanned around the area of where she was at, her eyes making their way to an old lady and a male that looked a few years older than her. Isn't that the same NPC who gave me the quest that lead to me to Kueto? Her eyes drifting to the player speaking to her. Must be a player whose getting a quest from her. She looked over to her shoulder, where her familiar was shrouding helplessly. "Hey come on.. Look over there," she whispered to the bunny, gaining her attention. "That's the same person who gave me the quest to find you," she pointed to the old lady. Kueto gave a loud squeak of happiness and twitched her ears brightly. What a conversation, huh?

@Janslow

Hypa began tossing the bag up and down, feeling the weight. It was light, almost as if nothing was in it. A familiar would be nice, someone to be with on this long journey. Maybe it would even give him enough motivation to join the front lines. This was his dream, but he never really made much of an effort to make his way there. In the corner of his eye, Hypa noticed a winged bunny happily staring at him. A winged bunny wasn't much of a shock over most other things in this world. It was quite normal, actually.

Beside it stood a seemingly young girl, younger than him anyway. She was also observing him. For her to get that familiar, she must have taken this quest too, right? He thought to himself. A faint voice in his head told him to ask her for help, but it would have seemed odd and a little creepy. He gave her a calm smile, still throwing the bag up in the air. "Where to start..." Hypa accidentally said out loud. He searched his general area, before referring to the man. "Over here then?" He asked himself, subtly pointing to the right of him. A short path lead to a quite large town square, and it seemed a little full.

Noticing the girl still looking, he decided he'd shout something over to her. There seemed to be just npc's, so no point not doing in. "Hey there!" He yelled down the path. He had cupped his hands in order to project his voice. Hypa was particularly bubbly today, so he felt slightly more confident than he was, and that wasn't to be taken lightly considering his almost delusional level faith.

Illiure's eyes went wide at the call but dispersed back to her blank slate face after a few moments. Is he talking to me? She thought as she peered over to her right and left side, it was only her in the area next to the shop. Kueto on the other hand seemed excited and ready to meet someone new. I know what she's thinking, no, no, no. Illiure reached out to grab the flying creature before it was too late, Kueto had already took off. "Kueto wa-!" she cut herself off, knowing that it'd be pointless to retrieve the rabbit with a simple call.

She blindly went running after the rabbit, who seemed to be looping in circles to the male player. Aren't familiars supposed to listen to their masters? She gave a heavy huff of thought before continuing to chase her bunny down. But by the time she ran in front of the male, Kueto was already circling around his head. "Ah, I am sorry for my familiars mistake," she said to Hypa, trying so apologetic but it came out as dead as ever. She sent a blare made of daggers at Kueto, who at the sight only blew her signature raspberry. You're going to get me killed one day.

@Janslow

Hypa couldn't help but laugh. A bunny, happily circling around his head as a girl tried to get him down. It was comical. He looked upward to the rabbit, circling his head to the motion of the familiar. He then looked down to his pouch. Maybe he stiffed this? He thought to himself. He then diverted his attention to the girl who attempted to be apologetic, but it didn't really work in her favor.

"Oh, no. It's fine! Actually, this little rabbit's really cute. What's their name?"  Hypa asked, trying to make light of the flying bunny. He brushed his hair backward with his hand and gave out another small giggle. It was hilarious to see the disobedient familiar and it's seemingly innocent owner. But knowing most people in SAO, she was probably not one to be messed with. Maybe I can ask her to help me... no, that's really rude. Hypa thought, seeming a little out of it when he did. He's known to get lost in thought sometimes.

"Its Kueto," she sighed in defeat, bringing her hands. "Alright, I give up. You win," she admitted bitterly. Kueto gave a shrill and victorious squeak and landed on her shoulders, making Illiure bite her lip in frustration. The player snorted and crossed her arms at the familiar. Shes never going to let me live this down. She thought coldly as she eyed the bunny chirping excitedly on her shoulders. She averted her eyes to the player and glanced at his bag. "So you're getting a familiar too?" she asked, taking once last look at the bag and then up at him.

When I got the quest to catch Kueto, it was a living hell.. she sighed, her mind going back to the times in the bitter cold and desolate forests of Floor 4. Maybe I should warn him that its a lot harder than it looks? She spaced out while looking at him, her mind going blank. I mean it IS a lot harder than it looks.. Blood sweat and tears went into my quest for Kueto.

@Janslow