[PP-F1] It's hard to grow without some help <<Pinball and Hestia>>

He shrugged, not knowing how to respond to Monizo's question. "I mean," he began nervously, "I went for dealing damage as well, but that wasn't what I originally planned on. I was going to wear heavy armor, maybe use a rapier and a shield. But, then I got this weapon." He gazed at his spear, remembering the day he had won it. "This is a demonic weapon with three unique enhancements: Freeze, Phase, and Cursed. I didn't want to waste the potential of it, so I went for being able to put it to the most use. Spears are pretty cool. Shields are too, but they aren't really my thing." A sheepish smile crossed the boy's faced. "Besides, you can't get hurt by something too slow to hit you.

When they came upon the village, Pinball was hit by a wave of nostalgia. It seemed like it was only yesterday he was fighting these nepents with Benjamin Bookworm. He grinned to himself, remembering how he hadn't noticed the Variant had dropped the item they needed, and how many nepents they had fought for no reason because of his blunder. They had had a good laugh. Hestia informed Monizo about the quest, so he kept his mouth shut, hanging off to the side. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monizo nodded as they explained their choices, Hestia was clearly naturally predisposed to look out for, and protect people. From what he could tell, her role suited her perfectly. It did not seem like she had any interest in gaining glory or making a name for herself, but rather making herself indispensable. Pinball told him how his circumstance caused him to change his mind and push for a damage-oriented role. Monizo was extremely intrigued to hear that Pinball had won his spear. They both seemed extremely satisfied with the decisions they had made, that made Monizo smile.

When they made it to the town Hestia took them to a house that clearly was filled with sick people. Following Hestia’s advice, Monizo knocked on the door. An elderly looking NPC woman opened the door, she was clearly the caretaker for all of the people in the house. I believe you had a notice up about needing someone to retrieve some medicine?

“Thank goodness you’re here! Yes, Yes, I need you to go into the Field of Bosses and find a ‘Nepent Variant’ that will drop an Ovule! Retrieve one and bring it back to me as fast as you can!” Monizo nodded and smiled at the lady. It was hard for him to act like the NPC’s weren’t really people, especially after being there for so long. You can count on us ma’am. A quest notification appeared in front of Monizo, which he quickly accepted and left the house.

I suppose this is were the fun starts? He chuckled to his new friends as they made their way out of town and towards the field. As they made their way further into the field a group of six approaching Nepents became visible. Well, I suppose I should be the one to start it out. Try not to let me die! He chuckled, even though he was quite terrified. Reaching over his shoulder, he pulled his spear from his back and grasped it with both hands. Tightening his grip, the tip of his spear began to glow as the weapon art activated. With a grunt he thrust his spear directly at the closest nepent. Upon impact the spear exploded with energy from the Sonic Charge skill, the blast impacted the first nepent as well as three of the closest ones. Monizo jumped backwards as he prepared to rotate with his party.

Monizo: LVL-1 : HP-20 : ENG-0/2 : DMG-4 : ACC-1 : Light Momentum-2

Roll ID#: 96299 BD: 10

>[x1 AoE] Sonic Charge (2 Energy) : (4Base +2CRIT)X1= 6 DMG on Nepents 1

Roll ID#: 96304 BD: 8(+1ACC)

>(4Base)X1 = 4 DMG on Nepents 2

Roll ID#: 96305 BD: 1(+1ACC)

>Fail

Roll ID#: 96306 BD: 2(+1ACC)

>Fail

·        Nepent 1: 1/7 HP (-6 DMG)

·        Nepent 2: 3/7 HP (-3 DMG)

·        Nepent 3: 7/7 HP FAIL

·        Nepent 4: 7/7 HP FAIL

·        Nepent 5: 7/7 HP

·        Nepent 6: 7/7 HP

Edited by Monizo

I smile as the player accepts the quest to help out the nice elderly woman as i then nod my head glad that things are going rather well for the most part as i lead the two towards where the enemy is going to be located at as we enter a forest. Sounds like you got the big jack pot for everything Pinball to get such a unique is rather rare, and very impressive honestly. I say with a look of surprise about hearing what your weapon actually is. Knowing there is some who would kill for such a thing, but from the fact it is cursed gives the idea that there is no way for anybody to take it less then absolute murder. I then lead the two players into a clearing within the forest where six Nepents slowly crawl out from every where as i see four enemies get hit, but not die as i quickly activate howl on those four enemies to make sure they don't kill Monizo. Pinball kill the last two if you can that Monizo didn't hit. I say to the player as i prepare for the attacks to start coming knowing these aren't he ones that need to be worried about. Monizo don't worry about hitting the Variant when it appears. Allow Pinball and i to hit it first to allow you a chance for a killing shot. I tell you with a kind smile.

Monizo: LVL-1 : HP-20 : ENG-0/2 : DMG-4 : ACC-1 : Light Momentum-2

[H: 3 l 3 l 3 l 3 l 0 l 0] Hestia: lvl 42   HP: 870/870  ENG: 74/84

>[x1 AoE] Sonic Charge (2 Energy) : (4Base +2CRIT)X1= 6 DMG on Nepents 1-4

·        Nepent 1: 1/7 HP (-6 DMG)

·        Nepent 2: 3/7 HP (-6 DMG)

·        Nepent 3: 7/7 HP (-6 DMG)

·        Nepent 4: 7/7 HP (-6 DMG)

·        Nepent 5: 7/7 HP

·        Nepent 6: 7/7 HP

Pinball nodded. The forest was swarming with nepents; way more than he had fought with Benjamin Bookworm. Hestia let loose a wicked howl, a skill Pinball had heard about but never actually seen for himself. Hestia instructed him to try and take out the two Nepents Monizo hadn't hit, and Pinball was inclined to listen. He rushed forward, his spearhead glowing a faint orange. He let loose his Sonic Charge. Two of the nepents instantly shattered, but the two Hestia had told him to hit were left unphased. "Are you kidding me?" He mumbled to himself, shaking his head in disbelief. He had had one job. Pinball had missed the only two nepents he was supposed to kill. But, there were only four of the monsters left. If Monizo didn't kill them himself, Pinball was certain he'd be able to do it himself. He darted back to Hestia's side, his face bright red with embarrasment. 

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 22 | HP: 440 | EN: 44 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 7 

Equipped: 

• Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, +1 Phase, Cursed {4 Slots} 
  • Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 2H Assault Spear ~ Rank 5
  • Fishing 

------------------------------

- Combat - 

Sword Art used - Sonic Charge 

7*1 AoE

- 2 EN

Spoiler

ID# 93612  BD: 7 (Hit) MD: 9 (Crit+1) DEAD

Nepent 3: 

• Pinball attacks Nepent 3 - 7 DMG 
  • Nepent 3 is DEAD. 

ID# 93613  BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit) MD: 6 (Hit) 

Nepent 4: 

• Pinball attacks Nepent 4 - 7 DMG
  • Nepent 4 is DEAD.

ID# 93614  BD: 1 (Crit Miss) MD: 2 (Miss) 

Nepent 5:

• Pinball attacks Nepent 5 - Miss 
  • Nepent 5 attacks Pinball - Miss

ID# 93615  BD: 1 (Crit Miss) MD: 1 (Crit Miss) 

Nepent 6:

• Pinball attacks Nepent 6 - Miss 

- Enemies - 

Nepent 1: 1/7 HP 

Nepent 2: 3/7 HP 

Nepent 3: 0/7 HP 

Nepent 4: 0/7 HP 

Nepent 5: 7/7 HP

Nepent 6: 7/7 HP

- Players - 

[H: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0] @Monizo: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H: 3 l 3 l 0 l 0] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN 

[H: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 42/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Edited by Pinball

Passive: +1 Energy

Following his attack, Monizo leapt back as Hestia activated some type of howl that seemed to draw the attention of the Nepents. It seemed to be an ability especially useful for someone of her role, looking to tank the damage for the rest of the party. Gosh that felt good. He muttered to himself as Pinball rushed forward and struck with his demonic spear. It looked like he used the same weapon art that Monizo had, except it was clearly much more powerful. The two Nepents that Monizo had missed shattered into digital bits before disappearing, unfortunately the last two Nepents had survived untouched. Since none of the surviving Nepents took any damage, they were still training their attention on Hestia. Although he wanted to deal some more damage, he was painfully aware of the fact that his first weapon skill had cost him all of his energy. He had recovered a small amount, but not quite enough to leap back into the battle. Dang, this is what it feels like to be completely useless. He gritted his teeth and resigned himself to staying alive rather than dying to save his pride.

- Enemies - 

Nepent 1: 1/7 HP 

Nepent 3: 0/7 HP 

Nepent 4: 0/7 HP 

- Players - 

[H: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0] Monizo: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H: 3 l 3 l 0 l 0] @Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN 

[H: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 42/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Edited by Monizo

I look towards the two Nepent as i quickly charge at them as i quickly activate my sword art as i spin around trying to strike these two enemies as they dodge out of the way of my attacks as i land on the ground and then look at them with a look of anger and annoyance as i glare at them. How do i miss both of them? I say in slight annoyance at that fact as i take a calming breathe and then glances towards Pinball. Please be able to kill the both of them we need that Variant to spawn so we can t try to end this as soon as possible. That way we can work on just relaxing, and maybe getting to know one another besides on the battlefield. I suggest to the group with a smile on my face as i look towards the two other fighters.

#96326  BD:3+1=4

#96327  BD:1+1=2

- Players - 

[H: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0] Monizo: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H: 3 l 3 l 0 l 0] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN 

[H: 0 | 0 | 0 | 0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 42/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

@Pinball

Pinball looked between the nepents undecidedly, not sure which one he should target first.. Hestia asked him to kill both of them, and that made Pinball's mind up. Sort of. He didn't want this to be too easy for Monizo. Beginner quests are tailored for just that: beginners. This was an experience that Pinball felt would be unfair to carry him through. Besides, It wasn't as if they were in any real danger. Hestia was drawing in most of the attacks, and Pinball was dealing with the ones she couldn't cover. Pinball rushed the four remaining monsters. He killed two, but deliberately made sure that the other two were well out of range of his attack. He slapped his forehead in feigned shock. "Oh, man! I missed. Guess you guys will have to take care of it." With a helpless shrug, Pinball took a few steps back towards the other players. 

-----------------------------------------------

Combat: 

Sonic Charge - 7*1 

Spoiler

ID# 96570  BD: 5+3= 8 (Hit) MD: 4 (Miss) 

Nepent 1: 

• Pinball attacks Nepent 1 - 7 DMG 
  • Nepent 1 is DEAD 

ID# 96571  BD: 1 (Crit Miss) MD: 5 (Miss)

Nepent 2: 

• Pinball attacks Nepent 2 - Miss 
  • Nepent 2 attacks Hestia - Miss 

ID# 96568  BD: 1 (Crit Miss) MD: 8 - 3 = 5 (Miss) 

Nepent 5:

• Pinball attacks Nepent 5 - Miss

ID# 96569  BD: 7 (Hit) MD: 10 (Crit+2)  DEAD 

Nepent 6:

• Pinball attacks Nepent 6 - 7 DMG 
  • Nepent 6 is DEAD 

<< +1 EN / -2 EN >>

- Enemies - 

Nepent 1: 0/7 HP 

Nepent 6: 0/7 HP

- Players - 

[H: 0 | 0 ] @Monizo: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H: 3 l 0 ] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN 

[H: 0 | 0 ] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 41/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Edited by Pinball

Monizo frowned as Hestia lunged forwards and just barely missed the Nepents with her sword art. She was clearly frustrated that they managed to dodge her strike, I guess that’s just how it goes sometimes. After recovering from her missed attack, Hestia looked to Pinball and asked for him to do his best to finish the Nepents off, she was rather tired of fighting and would much rather spend the rest of her afternoon relaxing. Monizo blinked. This is the most fun I’ve had in the passed two years of being stuck in this hell hole. It was probably much different for someone like Hestia who had been working hard since the start, she was probably exhausted at the fact that they hadn’t even made it a quarter of the way up.

He couldn’t fathom the amount of work the frontline guilds had to put forth for every floor that they cleared. Not to mention that with each passing floor, the fights became harder, and the risk only grew. He wanted to experience it, to be of value in this world, to be one of the ones that gave the rest of the players a reason to hope.

Pinball loaded up his weapon art again and finished off two of the remaining Nepents. He acted shocked but didn’t seem all that upset that his attack didn’t finish off the final two enemies. Monizo smirked, He loves this, and he wants to give me a chance to fall in love too. Monizo gripped his spear and stepped forwards. This is my chance. The remaining two Nepents were positioned a little further away than the two who had just been destroyed. Flourishing his spear in the air and driving off of his back leg, Monizo leapt forward and thrust his spear into the closest Nepent. The one that was struck with the spear shattered into digital bits while the other one tried to dodge the blast of the attack but couldn't, although it did not die. Leaping back, Monizo felt sweat break out on his but couldn't break get himself to stop smiling. This is amazing, I haven’t felt like this in so long. A chuckle escaped from his lips, was he getting goose bumps?

[H: 1] Monizo: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H: 0 ] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN 

[H: 0 ] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 41/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

-----------------------------------------------

Combat:

Passive: +1 Energy - 2 Energy

Sonic Charge - 4*1

Spoiler

ID#96580   BD: 5+1=6(Hit)

Nepent 2: 

• Monizo attacks Nepent 2 - 4 DMG

ID#96581   BD: 7+1=8(Hit)

Nepent 5:

• Monizo attacks Nepent 5 - 4 DMG

- Enemies - 

Nepent 2: 0/7 HP 

Nepent 5: 3/7 HP

@Hestia

I look at the last remaining enemy as i nod my head and quickly charges at it as i stick low to the ground , and then slices upwards and towards the right as the nepent let out a ghastly scream at being bisected as i then shatters into nothing as i look back towards Pinball, and Monizo with a thumbs up and a smile on my face. Okay we defeated the first bit of Nepents, so Pinball why don't you get ready to use a second weakest sword art that you can do so, and Monizo prepare for taking the last hit from the mob if it is possible. I won't be getting involved in this fight unless it looks like Monizo will die from this. The reason being if i get involved the monster will just die from my thorns activating. I explain to the two of them as i then back away to watch what will happen. Knowing the enemy should spawn soon.

#96583  BD:7 3 DMG

[H: 1] Monizo: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H: 0 ] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN 

[H: 0 ] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 41/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

- Enemies -

Nepent 5: 0/7 HP

@Pinball

Pinball grinned, watching Monizo fight. He seemed to be enjoying himself, and that was all he could ask for, really. He hadn't wanted to ruin the beginner experience for the man by carrying him through the quest, hence Pinball's avoidance of the last two nepents. Sadly, Hestia finished off the last monster before Monizo could get to it, but at least he had gotten the experience. Pinball took a few steps closer to Hestia in case she would want to talk to the two of them about something - which she did. 

Pinball nodded, leaning against his spear a bit. He didn't have much beef with the plan. If Pinball avoided killing it, Monizo would still get the chance to fight, and then they would all be happy. Pinball wondered for a second why Hestia had chosen to help the man out with such a simple quest. Was she a genuinely kind person? Not likely. Pinball's gut told him people like that didn't exist, not truly. Then in that case, what was her whole schtick? Pinball wanted to find out. 

@Monizo

Monizo watched Hestia eliminate the final Nepent with a fierce looking upward cut. The monster let out a scream as it exploded into digital bits before disappearing. She looked back at the other two and gave them a thumb’s up and a smile. She discussed their plan for the next monster as they waited for it to appear. It was necessary for Monizo to deliver the final blow, so he could collect the loot drop and return it back to the woman in the village. She explained that she would not be able to get involved unless something went wrong, because her thorns technique would incidentally kill the beast.

Monizo nodded at her. That sounds okay to me, It might be a minute before I can activate another sword skill anyway. He was extremely aware of how tired he felt. It was crazy to him how the game could influence such things. He was low level, so it was exhausting to do a single attack, however, people like Hestia and Pinball could theoretically fight like this for hours without running out of energy. As soon as their exchange was over, the Nepent Variant emerged from some nearby trees and begen approaching them. Alright Pinball, try not to take all of the fun for yourself!

Spoiler

Nepent Variant

HP: 15
Mitigation: 5
Damage: 10
Nepent Variant ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 10

Monizo: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

@Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN 

Pinball: 440/440 HP | 41/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Edited by Monizo

At spotting the variant enter the field i glance towards the two of you with a smile. Well it is up to you two to kill this thing. Now then remember that things will be just fine since i am here encase this somehow all goes bad, but i highly doubt that since Pinball is there to provide the damage to get around the creature's natural mitgation it has. I say calmly as i sit upon the ground to see what happens in this fight knowing i am not particularly needed in terms of getting hate, or even attacking. the best thing i know i can do is heal up Monizo up if he gets hit somehow with my first aid skill. I grin a bit at that glad that i have more ranks in first aid to help heal up anyone that could get hit. I can only hope that it will be enough, and if not then i will personally get involved to help out. My familiar is already way ahead of me and is practically already asleep.

@Pinball

Pinball nodded to Monizo when the Variant emerged. They were on their own, but it would be a quick fight. Pinball would avoid killing the thing for Monizo at all costs, even if Hestia hadn't told him to. "Alright," he spoke quickly, not daring to look away from the creature. "I'll try to keep its attention on me. When it attacks, I'll hit it, leaving it open for ya. Sound good, yeah?" Pinball rushed forward, shouting to the creature. "Oi! Over here!" The loud voice caught the monster's attention. Faster than Pinball anticipated, the Variant summoned from the ground a long, whip-like vine. It lashed Pinball on the arm with a loud smack! Pinball flinched, but he had been prepared for the attack. Giving the mob no time to react, he hit it with one of his weaker sword arts, lowering the creature's health quite a bit. Noticing the sharp drop in the creature's health, he called out to Monizo, to let him know, and to Hestia, to make sure she understood what was happening. "It'll be dead within the next four rounds for sure, if Monizo lands his hits on it. Let's hope this is the one that drops what we're looking for."

------------------------------------

ID# 96748

BD: 6 (Hit) MD: 10 (Crit+2)

Nepent Variant attacks Pinball - 12 DMG

Pinball attacks Nepent Variant - Heft

7*2=14-5= 9 DMG 

- 2 EN

<< +1 EN | -2 EN >>

-Enemies- 

Nepent Variant: 6/15 HP | 5 MIT | 10 DMG 

-Players-

[H:0] @Monizo: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H:1] Pinball: 428/440 HP | 40/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Edited by Pinball

(OOC: I wont be able to do Heft again for 2 turns, so if you do a normal attack, the only way you would kill him is if you hit a BD:10. Or you could just tank his damage for a few turns without attacking, so its whatever you want to do. @Hestia @Pinball)

Monizo grinned as Hestia sat on the ground a few feet behind them and got comfortable to watch the show. It gave him a little boost of confidence, knowing that she trusted him and Pinball to be able to handle it. She seemed like a nice person, He didn’t like to make it a habit of evaluating someone’s personality after only knowing them for such a short amount of time, but she at least seemed genuine.

Pinball kept his vision locked on the Variant as he spoked to Monizo about their plan. He yelled at the beast to gather its attention, unfortunately it reacted in the blink of an eye and struck Pinballs arm with a vine. Although the strike caused Monizo to wince, Pinball barely paused before striking back at the monster with his spear. The monster’s health bar dropped by almost two thirds. Rather excitedly, Monizo stepped up to change places with Pinball. Dropping the tip of his spear low to the ground, Monizo dashed forward. With an upward strike, he sliced the torso of the Variant Nepent with his spear. It let out a scream as he left back next to Pinball. Well, I did a little damage, But not quite enough. He frowned, trying to figure out how to make sure he was the one to finish the monster off.

---Combat---

Roll ID#96756    BD:7

Monizo Attacks Nepent Variant - Heft

4*2= 8-5 MIT = 3DMG

<<+1 EN / -2 EN>>

---Enemies---

Nepent Variant: 3/15 HP | 5 MIT | 10 DMG 

---Players---

[H:1] Monizo: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H:1] Pinball: 428/440 HP | 40/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Edited by Monizo

I watch the duo with a smile glad they're dealing enough damage towards the creature on their own as i look towards Pinball. Hey Pinball if you can do a basic attack if it won't kill the creature. If it would kill the creature then well just sit back and watch alongside me, and then i can enter the fight and do some basic damage alongside Monizo since i can't deal enough to actually kill this creature no matter what. I tell Pinball as i continue to just watch hoping that the worst won't happen, and i will have to attract its hate if Monizo gets hit from the variant. For the moment though i continue to just watch, and not get involved in anyway knowing that the two are strong enough to handle this fight with absolute ease, and that i can only hope Monizo kills it since the LD bonus would be useful. Remembering clearly that i was told without it this quest would be downright mentally draining.

Pinball grit his teeth. He wanted Monizo to get the last hit on the monster, but if he hit it the wrong way, he'd accidently kill it himself. He couldn't just let it attack of its own free will, however. If he stood back and watched, the Variant would turn its focus to Monizo; and though the creature barely made a dent in Pinball's health bar, it was very capable of killing Monizo in a couple of hits. "It's fine," he replied to Monizo, "I'm going to get it even lower for you.

Pinball rushed forward, activating no Sword Art. He made a slow, clumsy jab at the creature for fear of killing it - and the Variant took advantage of that. Two vines sprouted from his side, one wrapping around Pinball's spear, pulling him to the side and away from the Nepent, and the other slapping him on the rump. "Ow! What the hell?!" The creature tossed him to the side, leaving Pinball on his back. Pinball's health bar wasn't much lower, but a look of mingled frustration and shock was evident on the boy's face.

Combat---

ID# 97044

BD: 2+3= 5 (Miss!) MD: 9 (Crit+1)

Pinball attacks Nepent Variant - Miss

Variant attacks Pinball - 11 DMG

---Enemies---

---Players---

[H:1] @Monizo: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H:1] Pinball: 417/440 HP | 40/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Edited by Pinball

Monizo watched as Pinball struck at the variant but missed. It then sprouted two vines, which it used to grab him by the spear and throw him to the side after smacking him. It clearly did hardly any damage to the player, but he was clearly frustrated about missing the monster. Frowning, Monizo looked his own energy bar in the top left corner of his vision. He did not have enough energy to engage the monster with another ability. Without a weapon art, he would not be able to muster up enough damage to surpass the monsters defensive stats and deal any real damage to the beast. Well this is an unfortunate situation, he thought to himself as he weighed the options. It was clear that the beast had little to no ability to actually kill Pinball or Hestia. In fact, it would probably die just by attacking Hestia if her thorns activated. “I’m not really sure what to do guys. It’s gonna be another minute before I can deal any damage to this thing. Please allow me to take this moment to thank you again for all the help. Especially for taking all of the damage.”

He scratched the back of his head and chuckled, It sure did feel bad to be basically useless.

---Enemies---

---Players---

Passive: +1 ENG

[H:1] Monizo: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H:1] Pinball: 417/440 HP | 40/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

@Hestia

I nod my head at Piball having been the last to actually attack the opponent.which means that he can take another hit if need be. Pinball take the hit the monster is going to send please! It is only going to be one more in theory. Furthermore, i can always heal you with first aid. However, if Monizo misses then i can quickly get involved and hit the target to gain its attention myself. I say towards the two layers as i go back to watching the fight play out wondering how that is going to go from there on it as i pet my familiar as myself and him continue just watching the two other players fight this creature. wondering how well this is going to go for the two. Figuring that in theory it should be a total success as long as monizo could hit. If not then this could get south possibly very quickly, and if it does it could be rather deadly also.

Pinball shrugged it off. He didn't want to kill it. Instead, his job, apparently, was to keep the Variant's attention on himself. Easy. Pinball jumped forward as if he were to attack, and the Nepent lashed out with a vine. Pinball ducked with the speed he had been boasting of beforehand but had not yet since gotten the chance to display. He leapt back from the flurry of whip attacks, his spear hanging loosely in his hands. There was always a certain thrill that came with battle, even with opponents much weaker than himself. He couldn't help but let out a bit of a laugh as the Nepent Variant inched away, ceasing its attack. He looked over to Monizo and Hestia. "If I hit it once, it's probably gonna die. Monizo, if you miss this next attack, then Hestia should help out by taking a few swings at it. Since she's a tank, her damage shouldn't kill it... even if her level is that high.

------------------------------

((OOC Note: Computer wouldn't let me finish typing my rolls, and it rolled twice. The Nepent Variant's attack in the roller is simply "Nepent Variant". The second roll was disregarded.)) 

ID# 97259 

MD: 2 - 3 = Miss! 

Pinball takes no action. 

<< +1 EN >>

---Enemies---

---Players---

[H:1] @Monizo: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H:1] Pinball: 417/440 HP | 41/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Edited by Pinball

Monizo watched as Pinball feigned a strike on the Variant before ducking and weaving as the monster tried to strike back. It was quite exhilarating to watch the boy dance so loosely around the monster. He was clearly having a fair bit of fun, so much so that a laugh escaped his lips as the Nepent retreated a little ways away after it realized it could not hit him. They spoke for a brief moment about their tactics. It was crucial that Monizo was the one to slay the monster, and if he did land the last hit, or if the monster did not drop the item they needed, they would have to fight six more Nepents. It didn’t frighten him so much anymore, but he would feel bad if Pinball and Hestia had to keep him alive through another round of combat.

“Don’t worry, I think I can finish him off this time.” Monizo pounded the base of his spear into the tough ground and took off directly at the monster. Letting the tip of his spear dip low as he got within range of the monster, Monizo grunted and hefted his spear across the torso of the Variant. With a scream the monsters HP gauge dipped to zero and it shattered into digital data before fading away. “That felt good.” Monizo couldn’t keep himself from smiling, until he realized something pretty important.... THERE WAS NO OVULE. “Son of a…” His words trailed off and a groan escaped his lips. He looked at @Hestia, he had never been in this situation before, He was not sure what their next move was.

Spoiler

Roll ID:97323

BD: 8

Monizo Attacks Nepent Variant - Heft

5*2= 10-5 MIT = 5DMG

<< +1 EN >>

---Enemies---

Nepent Variant: 0/15 HP | 5 MIT | 10 DMG 

---Players---

[H:1] Monizo: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 4 DMG

[H:1] Pinball: 417/440 HP | 41/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Spoiler