[PP-F1] It's hard to grow without some help <<Pinball and Hestia>>

At seeing the creature die, but seeing the disappointed look upon Monizo's face i look towards Pinball with a nod of my head. Monizo don't get involved with the fight till the last hit. Myself, and Pinball will be doing all the damage so you can get the last hit now. I wish to try and speed through this fight once more. I say calmly to Monizo as i get up as six more Nepents spawn as i activate howl on them getting four of them to look at me. Glancing towards Monizo. As i said don't get involved till it is needed at the end. Conserve your energy. i say in a kind tone of voice as i don't even take a stance for battle knowing the Nepent will just die on my heavy armor by killing themselves from attacking me. I just wait to see Pinball finish off the two that i didn't activate howl against. I can only hope that the luck isn't as bad as the last time.

[H: 3 l 3 l 3 l 3 l 0 l 0 ] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN 

[H: 0 | 0 ] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 41/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Nepent 1: 7/7 HP

·        Nepent 2: 7/7 HP

·        Nepent 3: 7/7 HP

·        Nepent 4: 7/7 HP

·        Nepent 5: 7/7 HP

·        Nepent 6: 7/7 HP

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinball shrugged. "Don't worry too much. Nothin' you can do. We can try again?" It was formed as a question, since he didn't know if the man would want to continue exactly, but Hestia seemed intent on pushing forward. A second wave of Nepents rushed forward, and Pinball let out a bit of a gasp. "Oh!" He had been caught off guard, more or less. Hestia didn't seem phased, and instead loosed a howl to gather the attention of the Nepents. It was up to him to take as many as possible out, he knew. He lowered the tip of his spear downwards, inching forward, and lashed out at the first Nepent that got close enough to him. Just before the spear made contact, the glow of a Sword Art activated, and a small shock wave was sent out to hit the other mobs in the area. Four of them, including the first one he had hit, shattered into pieces with the sound of breaking glass. There were two left, and they had their attention on Hestia. That'd be the death of them. "We're getting it done quickly this time!

-------------------------------

-Combat- 

((OOC NOTE: I didn't include the mob rolls, @Monizo, so they take their turn after you I guess. Just add yourself into combat and roll for their attacks only, if your character isn't fighting. Sorry 'bout that))

Pinball - Sonic Charge (*1) 

Spoiler

ID# 97452  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit) MD: 7 (Hit!) 

Nepent 3: 

• Pinball attacks Nepent 3 - 7 DMG 
  • Nepent 3 is DEAD. 

ID# 97453  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit!) MD: 4 (Miss!) 

Nepent 4: 

• Pinball attacks Nepent 4 - 7 DMG
  • Nepent 4 is DEAD.

ID# 97454  BD: 10 (Crit+2) MD: 10 (Crit+2) 

Nepent 5:

• Pinball attacks Nepent 5 - 9 DMG  
  • Nepent 5 is DEAD

ID# 97455  BD: 8 (Hit!) MD: 6 (Hit!) 

Nepent 6:

• Pinball attacks Nepent 6 - 7 DMG
  • Nepent 6 is DEAD 

<<+1 EN / -2 EN>> 

[H: 3 l 3 ] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN 

[H: 0 | 0 ] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 40/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Nepent 1: 7/7 HP

·        Nepent 2: 7/7 HP

·        Nepent 3: 0/7 HP

·        Nepent 4: 0/7 HP

·        Nepent 5: 0/7 HP

·        Nepent 6: 0/7 HP

Edited by Pinball

As the new Nepents appeared, Monizo tightened his grip on the spear to prepare to fight, until Hestia told him to sit back and allow them to kill the Nepents, so it would go quickly. Although he wanted to fight, he understood that He needed to save his energy for fighting the Variant again. As soon as the fight began, Hestia used her howl to gather their attention, but she did not seem worried about their attack. Pinball prepared his spear and engaged the Monsters, He struck the first nepent with his spear and they all watched as the blast from the spear struck three of the other Nepents as well, they all exploded into digital oblivion. “Dang man, nice hit!” Monizo called over to Pinball, he couldn’t wait for the day that he would be able to put out that much damage. The remaining two Nepents focused their attention on Hestia and began to attack.

Spoiler
  • Nepent 1 attacking Hestia

Roll#97543 MD:5 (MISS)

• Nepent 2 attacking Hestia

Roll#97544 MD:9 (Hit +1 Crit)

[H: 3 l 3 ] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN

[H: 0 | 0 ] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 40/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

[H:0] Monizo: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 5 DMG

((OOC: @Hestia I'm not entirely sure how thorns work, So I just put the roll results without calculating their damage, I figured you might want to do it, and even describe their attack on you.))

Edited by Monizo

I smile seeing Pinball hit all of the nepents in one strike. Just leaving the two others left as they come towards me with their leaf likes whips as they hit my monster, but then proceed to die on my thorns as i chuckle at that glad to have gotten stonewall which makes mobs more likely to just be killed by my mere existence if they are weak like the mobs here. I then turn to Monizo with a nod of my head. Be prepared to attack after Pinball and i hit the creature. Got it. I tell him with a nod of my head as i unequip my sword and shield and just go bare handed fighting. Not caring if i don't do lots of damage. Knowing it is necessary since if i get a crit the Nepent would die from my bleed enhancement on my sword. you ready to go Pinball? I ask the man with a smile on my face as i look towards him. My St.Bernard sized lion just resting on the ground besides Monizo.

Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN   EVA: -1  (OOC: which turns that miss of 5 into a 6 which hit)

Pinball: 440/440 HP | 40/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Monizo: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 5 DMG

@Pinball

Pinball watched quietly as the remaining two Nepents hit Hestia, shattering instantly. Thorns damage, he knew. It was an essential enhancement for tanks, and a tank she indeed was. Pinball himself was a rather squishy fighter, and a couple of well placed hits would take him out. That's where tanks came in, and Pinball knew there was a severe lack of them in this game - especially turtle tanks. Nobody wanted to be unable to attack for themselves. Everybody wants to be the hero of the story, he thought grumpily. When asked if he was ready to go, Pinball nodded. "Yeah, I'm good. Let's go." The Nepent Variant would spawn soon. He figured he would open with the same attack he had done previously. If Freeze activated, then the fight would be over all too quickly. He hoped that was the case, as he felt Hestia may be a little bit impatient. He thought for a moment. That probably applies to you, too, he acknowledged, scratching his chin. 

Monizo stood back next to Hestia’s familiar as the other two players fought with the Nepents. The remaining two Nepents struck Hestia but preceded to die due to the thorns enhancement she had on her armor. Monizo chuckled and knelt on one knee next to the winged lion. While Hestia and Pinball spoke, he stuck his hand out towards the creature to see if it would sniff his hand. He would like to have a familiar at some point, but he was pretty sure that they were relatively rare, and it was extremely difficult to find one that provided any type of advantage, most of them were just for companionship. Anyway, that was probably quite some ways off, he had a lot of work to do. “Yeah, I’m ready. I’ll attack as soon as his health gets low enough for me to finish him off!” He smiled at Hestia and Pinball, it was lucky that he had found two people who were so willing to help him. He would be grateful to them forever.

The Variant Nepent emerged from the trees and made its way towards them in the field. Monizo stood to his feet and pull the spear from its place on his back. He would be ready as soon as its health bar dipped.

@Hestia: 870/870 HP | 74/84 EN   EVA: -1

Pinball: 440/440 HP | 40/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Monizo: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 5 DMG

I glance towards pinball and nods my head waiting this time around since i don't wish to force Monizo to attack unnecessarily since if i activate bleed right away that is a danger towards the entire thing of trying to get a chance on making sure that he can get the final hit for this time around. You got it Pinball hit the enemy and as we said. Make sure you don't one shot it at all. I tell the man as i keep myself prepared in terms of my hand to hand punching the air a little bit in preparation for my time to strike. I then grin realizing a attack i can do and quickly rushes in to use it right away. Activating the AOE rank 1 attack of martial arts. Planning to get a hit in with just my fists. I quickly punch the nepent variant 8 times over and over before knocking it over towards Pinball with a smile. You got this pinball!

@Pinball

#97646  BD:8   8 DMG-5=3 DMG   CD:8  +3/-4=-1

Hestia: 870/870 HP | 73/84 EN   EVA: -1

Pinball: 440/440 HP | 40/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Monizo: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 5 DMG

enemies-

Nepent Variant: 12/15 HP | 5 MIT | 10 DMG 

Pinball stepped aside, planting his spear firmly in the dirt. He crouched, watching carefully as the Variant spawned in, and he studied the scene as Hestia rushed forward, planning to take on the Nepent Variant with her fists. He rubbed his chin, taking into account the small dip in the monster's health. He thought back to the previous encounter with the same mob, considering the damage he had done to it with his weakest sword art, and how much damage Monizo had been able to do. If Hestia hit it once or twice more, he'd be able to get it awfully close to death. Maybe if Monizo took an attack, too? All his thinking distracted him, and Pinball was caught off guard when the Nepent looked at Hestia menacingly. Uh oh, he thought, scratching the back of his head. He'd missed his chance to attack. If it attacked her, her thorns would activate, and the fight would be over. He looked to Monizo. "You might want to attack it to get its attention. If it hits you, I'll make sure it won't again. Unless you want Hestia to kill it with her armor." This was getting dangerous. If Monizo was hit, Pinball would finish it off himself.

----------------------------

ID# 97647  BD: 2+3= (Miss!) 

Pinball attacks - Miss 

<<+1 EN / -2 EN >>

[H:1] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 73/84 EN   EVA: -1

[H:0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 39/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

[H:0] @Monizo: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 5 DMG

enemies-

Nepent Variant: 12/15 HP | 5 MIT | 10 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

Monizo watched Hestia attack the variant with just her fists and do a little bit of damage to it. He then started frowning as Pinball seemed to lose his focus and completely forgot to attack the monster in rotation and missed his opportunity. to attack. So now they were stuck in an odd position. If Monizo skipped the attack again, then the monster would attack Hestia and die to her thorns when they proc. Monizo could do a normal attack in order to take the damage from the Variant and prevent it from dying to Hestia, but he would also do no damage because of the monster’s mitigation stat. If he activated a sword art to actually do some damage, then he would not be able to activate another one when it was time to actually kill the monster. “I suppose I will just have to risk the hit then!” He said as he leveled his spear and got ready to strike with a normal attack. As the monster seemed to have its attention set on Hestia, Monizo rushed forward and sliced at the monster with his sword, although the blow connected, it appeared that the attack could do no damage. After Monizo landed the blow, the monster immediately turned its attention to him, It let out a scream and sliced at his knees with its whips. With reflexes that he wasn’t even aware he possessed, Monizo launched himself into what looked like a back handspring using the base of his spear instead of his hands to propel himself away from the monster, “Holy crap.” He bounced on the balls of his feet, feeling a renewed sense of excitement rising up inside himself. It was a crazy sensation, knowing that you could have easily just died, but managed to avoid death.

---------------

Roll ID# 97995

BD:5+1 = 6 Hit

Monizo attacks Variant

-Basic attack 5*1=5-5MIT=0DMG

MD: 5 = MISS! ((OOC: thank goodness))

Variant attacks Monizo

-MISS

----------------

[H:1] @Hestia: 870/870 HP | 73/84 EN   EVA: -1

[H:1] Monizo: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 5 DMG

I sigh softly at that as i just calmly take up my fighting stance once more having preferred Pinball to land his hit, but it seems like today is not his day in terms of actually hitting any enemies. Although that could be the usual for him depending on how terrible his luck is in general. I glance towards the nepent variant and quickly move in for a strike once more with my bare fists figuring that Pinball can kill the enemy if need be during this. 'I hope that we manage to get the item this time around. Since i would prefer not to be spending a entire day on this venture when there could be more players in need. However, it is step by step and if players are smart they can defend themselves if they take things slowly. to not tackle the big things right away. I can only hope that those that find such players help slow them down rather then support such a behavior.' I think to myself. I then strike the Nepent not getting past its natural defenses.

@Pinball

#98027  BD:6  1 DMG Minimum   CD:9 +2 ENG

[H:2] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 75/84 EN   EVA: -1

[H:1] Monizo: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 5 DMG

enemies-

Nepent Variant: 10/15 HP | 5 MIT | 10 DMG 

He was a bit embarrased with the fact he had missed his turn to attack, but he didn't let that phase him. He turned to Monizo, his jaw set. "Hey," he began, nodding towards the monster, "I'm gonna beat the hell outta it. You follow up immediatly after, and finish the job. Sound good?" He glanced back to the Variant, then flashed Monizo a quick smile. "Let's pray for that drop, huh? Before we burn out." He stepped forward swiftly, his spear held out in front of him. Like a snake, he lashed out, his spear connecting firmly with the Nepent's body. With a sickening crunch, Pinball leapt back, behind Hestia. He signaled to Monizo with the quick pointing of his hand. "Go! Get it now!" The Nepent's health was pitifully low, and one more hit would do it in. Hell, Pinball thought, If you breath too hard, it'll die. It was on its last legs, and no amount of mitigation would preserve the sliver of health it had left. 

----------------------------------

-Combat- 

ID# 98083 

BD: 5+3= 8 (Hit!) 

Pinball attacks Nepent Variant - Heft 

7*2= 14 - 5 = 9 DMG 

<< +1 EN / -2 EN >>

-Players- 

[H:1] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 38/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

[H:1] @Monizo: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 5 DMG

-Enemies-

Nepent Variant: 1/15 HP | 5 MIT | 10 DMG 

Edited by Pinball
  • 1 month later...

I gaze at the Nepent variant and nods my head as i rush forward ready to attack the creature to end this fight as best as i am able to do so. I charge forward ready to give the Nepent variant a hard right hook to try and kill it once and for all with my attack. I quickly go to strike the variant as it shatters into nothing as i then sigh softly at seeing nothing at all come as a result as i glance towards Pinball with a small shrug. Looks like we're back to killing nepents and such over and over again till we get that variant. I say towards you as i go over towards Monizo and takes back my coat that he gives as he goes over to rest for awhile exhausted from the combat. Myself i quickly equip my curved sword, and my Golden Fleece ready to fight against all these mobs that are going to appear. Not noticing the quest item at her feet.

@Pinball

#99516 BD:9  

#99564  LD:14+3=17  Got the quest item.

[H:1] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 38/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

[H:1] Monizo: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 1 ACC | LM 2 | 5 DMG

-Enemies-

Nepent Variant: 0/15 HP | 5 MIT | 10 DMG 

Pinball stifled a sigh, with a nod, hefting his spear into his grip. He looked left and right, trying his best to locate the Nepents they had to fight. So far, the group of monsters had never ceased to stop finding them, but now, Pinball wanted to get the quest over with. For Monizo's sake as well as his own. He had long since determined Hestia was a good enough person, though he didn't know her too well himself. Leaving her with Monizo was an option, but he wasn't sure if that was the nicest thing to do. During these thoughts, Pinball's attention snapped to a rustling in the nearby bushes, as six new, fresh nepents emerged. Without wasting a second, he shot a quick nod to Hestia, then darted forward, his spear glowing with the activation of a sword art. He impaled the closest nepent, a small shock wave spreading and effectively killing the three that were surrounding it. The two nepents to the side were left standing, though, and Pinball backed off, giving his spear a quick twirl. 

---------------------------------------------------

-Combat- 

Pinball attacks Nepent 1 - 4 ~ Sonic Charge (*1 AoE) 

Spoiler

ID# 99525  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit) 

Nepent 1: 

• Pinball attacks - 7 DMG 
  • Nepent 1 is DEAD 

ID# 99526  BD: 10 (Crit+2) 

Nepent 2: 

• Pinball attacks - 9 DMG 
  • Nepent 2 is DEAD 

ID# 99527  BD: 8 (Hit) 

Nepent 3: 

• Pinball attacks - 7 DMG 
  • Nepent 3 is DEAD 

ID# 99528  BD: 10 (Crit+2) 

Nepent 4: 

• Pinball attacks - 9 DMGG 
  • Nepent 4 is DEAD 

<< +1 EN / -2 EN >>

-Enemies- 

Nepent 1: 0/7 HP 

Nepent 2: 0/7 HP 

Nepent 3: 0/7 HP 

Nepent 4: 0/7 HP 

Nepent 5: 7/7 HP 

Nepent 6: 7/7 HP 

- Players - 

[H:0 | 0 ] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 75/84 EN   EVA: -1

[H:0 | 0 ] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 37/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Edited by Pinball

I move towards the last two enemies as i quickly activate my own sword art as i manage to only kill one while the other dodges my attack and attacks me with its leaf like whip tentacle things as it slices against my skin as i stare at the enemy with just a smile as my health bar doesn't even budge from the healing enhancement going off making sure i don't lose any hp at all. I hope you can secure the kill Pinball I say wishing to get this quest done as fast as humanly possible rather surprised it is taking this long. Figuring this is slowly becoming accurate to the horror stories of some quests that i have heard can occur from trying to trust in a drop, or finding some object or creature. I glance towards my familiar who is just lazing about with no issue seemingly amused.

#99547  BD:7+1=8 3x3=9

#99548 BD:4+1=5  MD:10

Action Taken: Farrent Full Moon

Nepent 5: 0/7 HP 

Nepent 6: 7/7 HP 

- Players - 

[H:0 | 0 ] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 64/84 EN   EVA: -1

[H:0 | 0 ] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 37/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

@Pinball

Pinball watched as Hestia took a step forward, easily dispatching one of the two remaining nepents. It struck Pinball then, that this was someone he probably wouldn't be able to take on in a fight; even if she had been out to harm Monizo, there would have been nothing he could have done about it. She was on a completely different level. Her words snapped him pack to reality (Pinball obviously had trouble focusing, even in the heat of battle). With another, curt nod, Pinball replied. "Right!" He rushed forward, charging the nepent, not giving it time to react. The low-leveled monster reeled back, trying to avoid the slash of his spearhead, but Pinball feigned left, coming up with an upwards stab that struck true. The monster went up in shards, its death cries filling the forest. He jumped back, eyes scanning the surrounding trees. "There! The Variant!

-------------------------

Combat - 

ID# 99560  BD: 10 (Crit+2) 

Pinball attacks Nepent 7 - Basic 

7 DMG! 

Nepent 7 is DEAD. 

<< +1 EN / - 1 EN >> 

- Enemies - 

Nepent 7: 0/7 HP 

- Players - 

[H:0] Hestia: 870/870 HP | 64/84 EN   EVA: -1

[H:0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 37/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Edited by Pinball

I look towards the variant as it comes into the battle as i am quick and decides to try and attack it with my blade activating the only sword art that i can do that could possibly even do damage above its defenses as i go to slice it over and over with some bear knock sword art. However, it seems the variant was smart to some degree as it swings itself around my dodges using its leaf like vine things to maneuver itself around the fight and then quickly go into to attack me slashing along my cloak as it lands on the ground and then turns to you with this big grin looking rather ready to fight even though it is so weak it can't really even harm us any. I just sigh softly seeing it not dead knowing my thorns didn't activate. 'Seriously my luck sucks sometimes.' it think to myself with some disappointment.

#99561 BD:3+1=4  MD:10

- Enemies - 

Nepent Variant: 15/15 HP | 5 MIT | 10 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 37/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

@Pinball

Pinball watched as Hestia took a swing and a miss, and he leveled his spear. It looked like he'd have to finish it. Pinball ran forward, his spear in his hand. He was about to go for a basic attack, but the Variant looked as if it were going to lash out, so he ducked to the side. He twisted, coming up low to the ground. In an instant, he was up, activating a sword art, the spear held in one hand. He rushed forward, coming up hard with a single, devastating spear thrust that completely stopped the monster in its tracks (as if it had a chance to move before being pounced on by the two players). Pinball watched as the rewards screen popped into view, sighing when he saw there was nothing there. "Damn." Pinball looked over to Hestia with a sigh, but something by her feet caught his attention. He pointed to the item, a sinking suspicion in his chest. "Uhh, what's that?

- Combat - 

ID# 99563  BD: 7 (Hit) 

Pinball attacks Nepent Variant - Fatal Thrust 

7*3= 21 - 5 = 16  DMG 

Nepent Variant is DEAD 

<< +1 EN / -3 EN >>

- Enemies - 

Nepent Variant: 0/15 HP | 5 MIT | 10 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 35/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 7 DMG

Edited by Pinball

I pause and hears the question as i look down and then just sighs as i smack my face. You have GOT to be kidding me. I say in slight frustration as i toss the quest item towards Monizo. We got the quest item last time around. lets...lets just head back towards the quest giver and end this please. I say with some clear embarrassment at the fact of having missed the item like that, and spent who knows how much longer just killing these mobs over and over without any pause. I whistle towards my familiar who nods and is quick to lead the way out as i follow my familiar out rather happy to leave this place and not have to worry about much afterwards. To see if this somehow gave me a few levels or something of the like from having grinded these monsters for a while do to having failed to notice the item by my feet for who knows how long we have been doing this.

With a snort, Pinball tried to hold back the surge of laughter that begged to be let loose. Barely able to stifle his laugh as he spoke, Pinball nodded, agreeing. "Yeah," he said, his voice light and strained by the effort to keep his giggles in line, "let's go turn the ques in. Sounds good. Dude." He started pushing forward, through the grass, bushes and leaves, over fallen tree trunks and the odd boulder of the forest. Pinball's boots carried him quickly through the grass, trying to push ahead of both Hestia and Monizo. He wanted to get this over with, and he wanted to see how quickly he could get back to town. Before the breakfast special ends, he thought longingly. It was probably way too late for that, however. Nevertheless, he stopped at the questgiver's location, turning to his two party members with an expectant look on his face. Cutting it short, he began his farewells. "Well, it's been nice meeting you guys. Catch you on the flip side." And with a smile, he was off on his way. 

I smile as i happily make my way towards the quest location of where it began making sure Monizo got there safely since it could get dangerous especially since he is level one from what i could tell of how much he was able to use his sword arts. I glance around as we arrive at the area s i pat Monizo on the back with a smile. Congrats on beating your first quest. Stay safe alright? If you ever need help just give me a message i am always here if you need with anything. I say in a kind tone towards the player as i then look towards Pinball and nods my head. See ya later Pin stay safe alright. I say with a grin as i take out a teleport crystal and crushes it teleporting me towards the location of the main settlement my familiar joining me. Once back at the main settlement i take a calming breathe. Seriously that took way to long. I say softly as i then make my way towards a tier two floor to conquer its quests.

Summary

hestia: 3 SP, 400 COL

Pin: 3 SP, 400 COL

Monizo: 400 COL 5 SP