Outlanders Special Little Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Would you think that these Ideas would make the game better and more interesting?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, Hello there, I'm Outlander if you haven't guessed it already. This is my box of suggestions that could help improve the site. In my opinion that is.

1. Ranged Weaponry: Now, I'm not quite sure if this isn't in the RP for a reason or something, but, I think it would make an excellent addition to your RP game. I wanted to have a bow, as a matter a fact, the first weapon I wanted to fight with in this game WAS a bow. Unfortunately,  I learned that the bow hasn't made it into the game for some reason, dispite them being canon in SAO. At minimum, I recommend adding throwing knives or something like that.
  2. Passworded RPs: No, Im not talking about the Unrestricted Role Play Chatroom, I'm talking about a password protected private RP you could create, and even chose the password. Say, I dont know, private meeting that you preferred to be kept in quiet untill the subject was finished. Or you hiring someone to kill someone, and you wouldn't want that someone to go, "Oh! Kill me eh? Private RP's it is!" It completely ruins the hit.

These two are the only things I've come up with that I think the RP could do. To improve and make it better for everyone, thanks for readin!

Hello, local hunter here!

1.). In the original Sword Art Online, it was told that there was no magic nor ranged weaponry.  Mobs could use ranged weaponry, but that was the extent.

You can argue that <<Throw Weapon>> and <Throwing Pick> should be here for ranged that were canon, unfortunately we have had issues in the past with implementing these skills.

2.) That would just be another RP that would be dismissed from any gains.

Simply PM/DM someone if you want to do a "meeting in secret".  It's just as effective, and doesn't require any messing around with the site.

Local PST here, and while Hirru had a few comments I wanted to make additional comments upon the topic.

1. Hirru is right, back in the past we had tried to implement this and it didn't really work out too well, I am not too sure how long ago this was, however its not a bad idea to look into to see if such a thing could be achieved with future systems.

2. Simply put, I don't think we can do this. It's not like we think its a bad idea, but here's the thing about this one: This is a roleplaying site and for 4 years every single thread has been accessible by everyone to read,  it just seems rather backwards in my opinion to not let anyone else read them. Plus, I don't think we have the coding within the site to even be able to do such a thing, I believe that requires a add-on to the site, however I don't think such a thing exists.

Head Admin here, I will clear some things up to address your thoughts. 

1. I have mentioned to systems team a while back that «Throwing Needles» should be figured out and implemented. This is the only ranged weapon I will allow in our RP's. This is because there were no other ranged weapons in the Aincrad Arc. Ranged weapons don't become a thing til the ALO Arc. 

2. we cannot allow people to create password protected RP's as 1) only thing that could be password protected is forum sections and 2) only admins can create them. This is because it is simply not possible with the software. It's not that we choose not to, but there is no option to enable such in the forums settings.