<PP-10> Frog of the Morning to you~

Jinx looked around, it was...dark? Was it nighttime, or was it simply the trees and the caves she'd passed? She wasn't sure, she wasn't even sure what floor she was on. She looked around. She found herself sitting, back against a rock, looking at a..pond? She could see a lot of frogs hanging around, was this,their home?

She looked around, how had she gotten here? When? How long had she been here? She had,...no idea, her mind was a jungle, a mess of information that wasn't making any sense to her. "They make...such werid noises..." Frogs always had, their ribbiting noise. She'd never gotten it, maybe that's why she was here at the lake. Listening, watching them with bloodshot crimson eyes. She had to wonder, because she didn't know.

"I wonder...who made this place? H-hell, is it even real, or is all of this in my head...? I-it's gotta be, otherwise my friends..." She shut herself up and brought her knees up to her chest. It was the closest she could get to a comforting hug, after all, how can you find comfort in a world like this, that torments you at every turn?

@Froppy

Tsu had been taking a break from her usual hustle and bustle of her daily routine that she usually went through. Almost every weekend Tsu would come out to the frog pond and just watch the little guys hop around and be themselves. Tsu felt sort of a kinship with them, so they were always nice to watch every now and then. She had met plenty of people in this game, but none of them really understood the frog side of her.

Tsu was in the pond today, swimming around with the frogs and just relaxing. Tsu had been hanging out in the pond for a few hours when she heard another girl's voice, saying that she wondered who made this place. Tsu popped her head out of the pond water and looked up at the curled up girl. "Hey, are you okay, ribbit? You look sad, what's wrong, rrrrrrribbit?Tsu asked, putting one finger to her cheek and tilting her head, wondering what could be wrong with this girl. Tsu hadn't noticed it yet, but Tsu's tongue had been sticking the all the way out for the past few hours as well.

Edited by Froppy

Jinx looked up frowning, the hell was...that? 'That' as it seemed, was, well. She honestly had no idea what it was. It had been in the water, so maybe it was a frog? But this one was different, differently coloured. And larger, with even a longer tongue! The fact she made the frog noise....Jinx shook her head, she was certain this was like the 'stranger' she met on the first floor. Simply her mind playing up on her, it had to be. Her memory was shattered, there was no way someonne like this really existed. So why did it matter if she spoke to her or not, parts of her mind were simply parts of her begging to speak out. 

"You know what's wrong. T-the others, are gone...They both said to move on, to embrac...but how? I miss them, i miss them so much it hurts....But, i watched them go, i know where they are, -yet its not...it's not fair..." She looked up at frog-person with bloodshot eyes "W-why did he do this, w-what did i do to deserve this?" In Jinx's irrational mind, it was a very sane question. Why wouldn't the part of her mind, that was projecting this image, know what caused this upon her? 

Tsu still wasn't quite sure what was wrong with this girl. She seemed mentally unstable, and it was confusing that she assumed that Tsu already knew what was wrong. The girl had lost two people close to her in this world, and she looked to be on the brink of insanity. Tsu knew that her frog self might not be the most helpful right now, but she couldn't just watch idly by. From what Tsu could tell, this girl was either confusing Tsu for someone else, or she thought Tsu wasn't real. Tsu went with the latter and decided to play along with how this girl was imagining her. Tsu opened her menu underwater and changed into a princess dress before coming out of the water. Some of the frogs followed her, creating a fairy tale like effect. "I am Tsu, princess of the frogs, ribbit. I watch over these frogs every day. But even if you are not one of my own, I cannot just watch your misery, rrrribbit.Tsu said in a soothing voice as she walked up to the girl and sat down in front of her. "I know what you are going through, but you have to keep going on, for their sake, ribbit. You should not just try and move on immediately. It is okay to grieve over your losses, ribbit. You did not deserve this, but alas this is a cruel world. But know that I am here for you, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu said, before giving the girl a hug.

Spoiler

The fair princess Tsu:

20180218_014919.thumb.png.8536ed4292f7d82ab331e775adda97a8.png

Jinx frowned, the hell...? A frog-person princess?? Was this, part of the game? Or was her mind that broken that she had created this? But, maybe, she could listen. She looked up at the dress, she did look pretty and the frogs moved for her. Tsu...What was it about the name that was...familiar? Was there anything, or was her mind grasping at straws, once again? Making the world appear as a lie, as it had for months now. 

The other 'girl', princess, thing, sat in front of her and Jinx, slightly embarrassed, covered her eyes with her hands. They were blood-shot, wet and filled with pain. She heard Tsu' words, but frowned. Why was, this, thing, making sense to her? "B-but they're gone! H-how can i just, move on without them? My whole life, i've had them with me. Primary school, i met them there! E-every time i needed help, they were there no issues...a-and, now they're...." The girl choked on the word, the one word that she couldn't say. That couldn't possible be true. There was no way....all of them were... "...they're not here...i just want to see them again, a-and if i die here, m-maybe i'll be able to join them..."

@Froppy

Tsu wasn't too surprised at all that this girl was in disbelief of Tsu appearing. She had done a bit of an over the top introduction, and the frogs moving along with her just made her look more and more like an NPC, rather than actual player. Tsu wasn't going to lie and directly say she was an NPC, but she would keep this act up as long as it would comfort this girl.

Tsu frowned a little bit, feeling extremely sorry for this girl, since she apparently had lost friends that she had known for pretty much her whole life. "Of course you can't move on, ribbit. You can grieve for them. Take the time to sit down and grieve, ribbit.Tsu said, keeping the girl in a hug.  The girl seemed to be thinking of killing herself, in an effort to reunite with her friends. "If you die here, you will be joining them in the afterlife, ribbit. You don't deserve to die yet, you have your whole life ahead of you, ribbit Come, join me in the pond. It will calm you and make you feel better, rrrrrribbit.Tsu told her, holding her hand and standing back up. Some of the frogs had climbed onto both Tsu and the girl's shoulder, almost as if also inviting the girl to come into the pond.

Jinx felt the other girl hugging her, but made no attempt to hug her back. After all, it was just an NPC, or her mind was very good at making fake things real. Either way, the girl sat and listened. She was a little, well, caught off guard. Everyone she'd met said, to try and move on, to get over it and mourn while living. While, of all things, this frog person thing, understood. She couldn't move on without them, and they were gone! They'd left her alone....

The girl let out a sad laugh hearing that she 'didn't deserve' to die, but said nothing as the frog-girl stood up. Jinx, however, made no attempt to move despite the frog sitting on her shoulder "I don't deserve...? Says who huh? Who says that i deserve to be alive!" The girls anger erupted out of no where, even she didn't know why, but she felt her hands shaking in anger. "I never asked f-for this! For anything! It should have been me, i should have gone! Maybe...!" The girl stood up, her arms shaking as she started to yell "Maybe it would be better if i was dead! Maybe then, i'd be with them! My friends, they're....They're  dead!" Her voice died in her throat and her anger washed away as she heard herself. Dead....her friends...were...actually, dead.

Tsu now knew the scope of how bad the loss was for this girl, she seemed emotionless, yet full of emotion at the same time, it made no sense. The girl didn't hug Tsu back and instead raised her voice and yelled at her, saying that she didn't deserve to be alive either, thinking it would be better if she was dead. Tsu turned her head back before slapping the girl across the face with her tongue. "Get a hold of yourself, ribbit. Killing yourself would only send you to a worse place. You have to make it out of her alive for their sake, ribbit. I'm not saying you have to just get up and move on. But at least don't jump to conclusions and kill yourself, ribbit.Tsu told the girl taking a step away from her. The girl's anger subsided and she seemed more calm now. Tsu opened her menu and changed into her normal gear, and gave a soft smile to the girl. "One more thing, I'm not actually a princess NPCribbit. I'm just an ordinary player, but I still care about you, ribbit. Did you want to head to my shop and grab a bite to eat, ribbit?" 

Dead…Her friends, all of them. The girl found herself lost in her own head. She hadn’t expected to even say those words, yet, they were true and made her feel cold to her very core. Her friends, all of them, were dead. And they were never coming back. She felt alien, her body not moving at all.

The slap caught the girl by huge surprise, and she blinked. That was…the npc’s tongue?! She looked stunned and didn’t even react. She looked at her hand, and weakly nodded her head. This, this NPC! Was right…She opened her mouth to speak, only for them to change into a…player?!

“Y-you’re….a player?” she sounded confused, lost even as she took a step towards the other girl. “B-but, you make…and your tongue…” She couldn’t help herself but ask. It confused her so much, so much about this other girl screamed NPC, yet…she was as human as her? At the offer of food, however, the girl couldn't not nod. Even though she didn't believe food did anything, it would be a comfort for her. 

Tsu herself wasn't one hundred percent sure if dying in this game meant dying in real life. But she pushed that feeling of doubt about death in this game long ago, just because it filled her head with so many worries. Tsu now knew that this was the reason the girl was so nervous and suicidal. She hadn't quite grasped yet that death is death in this game. Tsu wanted to tell her all of her thoughts at once, but she didn't want to overwhelm the poor girl. 

Tsu couldn't help but laugh a little bit at the way that this girl couldn't believe she was a player. Tsu nodded her head and pulled her tongue back into her mouth, giggling a little bit more. "Yep, I'm a player just like you, ribbit. I just come from the weird side of the gene pool. I have a really long tongue, which is why I kinda act like a frog, ribbit.Tsu explained. The girl nodded at the offer of food and Tsu grabbed her hand. "Alright then, we'll be off back to town then, ribbit. Anyway, I haven't gotten your name yet. You can still call me Tsu, but what do I call you, rrrrrrrribbit?" Tsu asked as she led the girl through the cave.

The cold feeling slowly ate away at the girls body, as if nothing else mattered. This weird girl, Tsu, and her friends...Was this real? Was this how her life was now, trapped within a video game? Oh the irony of it all. She looked at Tsu, even with the tongue explained, it seemed to alien to her. Was this, really a person? Really a player? Part of her couldn't honestly tell "B-but...you ribbit...like, like a frog..." Her mind wasn't sure what to focus on as her hand was grabbed, but offered no resistance as she was lead through the cave. Walking herself, well, it felt wrong. But being lead, at least for now, had some level of comfort.

"M-my namee...? I-i guess....Jinx..." She glanced at the ground, praying the girl wouldn't know her. After all, she was somewhat 'popular' in the real world, and if someone knew her as one of the best fps gamers, how would they react seeing her like this? Mockery. They'd mock her and laugh at her and it would never, ever, end...

• 3 weeks later...

Tsu just patted Jinx's shoulder with her tongue when Jinx said that she ribbited, just like a frog did. "Well, I'm rather unlucky, ribbit. It's just how I am. You talk normally, like a human. I just ribbit like a frog, ribbit.Tsu answered, guiding the girl through the cave until they were on the other side. Tsu figured that McFroppy's would be familiar enough to Jinx to at least calm her down a little. 

When Jinx introduced herself, Tsu perked up a little bit. Jinx seemed familiar, and then by the looks, it dawned on her who this girl was. "Wow, you are the Jinx? I never thought I would meet you in person, ribbit. But seeing you like this, it makes me sad, rrrrribbit." Tsu said, frowning a little bit at seeing Jinx this way. Hopefully Tsu could fix this, now she had more of a reason to help out this girl, knowing that she was Jinx.

The girl didn’t fully understand Tsu, didn’t understand how it was possible for the girl, even with weird genes, to have a tongue, to make the noises of a frog. Assuming she really was…real. Jinx was still unsure, like many things, about how ‘real’ the person before her was.

At least, she had been, until it became clear the girl knew her. Pain flashed over her face. So far, she hadn’t run into anybody who knew who she was and she had been greatful for that. For no one to know how pathetic she’d been, how fundimentally broken she had become. It was nice to live a lie.

“I…yeah, I am” she said, trying her best to be modest about the entire situation. “I…well, if you knew me, then you know this type of game…really isn’t my setting” she said softly “I came here with my friends…b-but…” She cut herself off, they were dead…As much as that single word cut through her like a hot knife “Well…you can imagine what happened…”

Tsu could tell just by looking at Jinx that she still had doubts that Tsu was even real. Tsu was now regretting doing her little frog princess act, but she couldn't fix that damage, Tsu just needed to help Jinx at least have a stable mind. Jinx confirmed that she was the pro player Jinx that Tsu thought she was, and said that this game wasn't exactly her setting. It still baffled Tsu quite a bit that Jinx had chosen to play this game, but Tsu didn't want to pry into Jinx's reasons yet. Jinx went on to restate that her friends had came with her in the game, but they died. Jinx couldn't actually say the word, and Tsu patted her on the shoulder again. Now that they had walked out of the cave and were heading towards town, the golden arches on top of McFroppy's had come into view. "I know you're hurting a lot inside still, ribbit. But I'm here to help you. We can sit down at McFroppy's, and then we can have a little talk and maybe move on, ribbit. You can mourn as much as you want, but don't give up. Everyone has their losses. It'll take a while, but you will get over your friends, rrrrrrrrrrrribbit.Tsu said reassuringly, trying to bring Jinx's spirits up, even just a little.

The girl looked at Tsu, her mind just couldn’t rationalise the tongue. It just made, no sense. And yet, the fact this did know her said everything about her being real. She did find a comfort in this girl, partly because she wasn’t telling her to just get on with her life. Telling her to move on and act as if her friends had never even existed. For that alone… “I’m grateful” she said aloud finally “Most people, told me to just, get over it…” She couldn’t find the words to explain how much of a relief it was to have someone understand, or failing that, she seemed to care enough to let her go at her own pacing.

“Thank you for just…listening, for offering to…” she smiled weakly “The others, they all told me to just, move on, to…well, get over it” she shuddered slightly “You know Tsu, i…I feel, calmer…So, thank you”

Tsu finally smiled at Jinx when she said that she was grateful, adding that most people told her to just get over it. "Well, I just think a little differently than most, ribbit. I like just letting people recover at their own pace. If anything, rushing and moving on just lets those memories and bitter feelings haunt you even more, rrrrribbit.Tsu said, thinking back on how only one person outside of her family even tried to help her. Tsu felt as though she was paying back some sort of favor by helping out Jinx, and seeing Jinx smile weakly, that little bit just made Tsu feel good inside. Jinx thanked Tsu, saying that she felt calmer now, and Tsu's smile widened a bit more. "You're welcome, ribbit. I just can't find it possible to just move on. Just keep up being you and you'll be okay with enough time, ribbit.Tsu said, patting Jinx on the back with her tongue. They soon arrived at McFroppy's, and Tsu held the door open for Jinx. "Sit down anywhere you want, ribbit."

Jinx smiled at Tsu, she didn't fully understand how her mind worked, or how this girl-girl had managed to get her back on her feet. But she wasn't gunna complain since she was finally aware of her surroundings for the first time in quite sometime. The arrival of McFroppy's caught the girl by surprise as she frowned at it. What was, this doing here? She knew she was in a vido game, yet it looked, right? 

"H-how did you...? Is this, yours?" She was a little confused, then again, the rules of an mmo weren't anything she'd bothered to learn before due to her job in the First Person Shooter scene. Still, she looked around and looked very confused, turning to face the other girl despite the request to sit wherever she wanted. "So this is like...an NPC store that you control or own?" She wanted to understand, namely because she didn't. In her gaming world, there was no such thing like this. You accessed your load out, got your style then went into game. This was the other way around for her, and was more than a little confusing at times. 

Tsu couldn't help but giggle a little bit at the way that Jinx had been confused by McFroppy's appearance. Tsu nodded her head when Jinx asked if it was hers, and hopped over to the counter. Jinx then asked if it was an NPC store she controlled or owned, and Tsu shook her head. "Nope, this place is one hundred percent mine, ribbit. It's just my shop that I use as my source of col, as well as my home, ribbit. Since you aren't really an MMORPG kind of player, you probably don't get it. Shops like these function as a source of col so that way you can spend it on other things, ribbit. If you couldn't tell, this is basically McDonalds, rrrrribbit.Tsu explained as she grabbed two cups from behind the counter and then handed one to Jinx before pointing at the sode machine in the back. "Just get your drink and sit down anywhere you would you like, then I can take your order, rrrrrrrrrrribbit."

Indeed, it was something that Jinx just, well, didn't understand. How could you own a store in a video game? In her profession, you went into the map, won and moved on. Then again, different game...different in nature? She looked around, the store did seem to replicate that of the fast food place back home, a place she would fully admit, she had a weakness towards during some nights and gave into her cravings. 

"So, it's basically, how you earn money" she said finally as she was handed the cup "How you can, purchase upgrades and items?" She asked, still trying to gain a comprehension of the world she had woken up in. She knew that she'd been, unawake for many months, possibly longer. She honestly had no idea how much time had passed, and the why. The girl flinched. She hated those thoughts. She got herself her drink, a diet coke, befor elooking at Froppy with a frown. "A-are you sure you're ok with..this, putting up with me...?"

Tsu nodded her head when Jinx summed up what she said as how she earned money. "Basically how I earn money, yeah, ribbit. It also doubles as my home, since I use the room in the back as sort of an apartment. It's nothing fancy, but it's better than staying at an inn, rrrrrribbit.Tsu explained as she followed Jinx to the drink machine and got herself a regular coke. Jinx asked if Tsu was okay with putting up with her, and Tsu waved her hand in dismissal, before patting Jinx on the head with her tongue. "Don't worry about it, ribbit. I want to help you as much as I can. So, feel free to stop by whenever you need to, ribbit.Tsu reassured, keeping a smile on her face. "So, what do you want to eat? I have pretty much everything from McDonald's, rrrrrribbit."