[PP-F02] <Let There Be Light> More monsters in caves

Nice shot Simba! Let's see if we can take this one, whoa! Ben said as he ducked past the final bat.  He had gotten lucky enough to dodge out of the way of most of the attacks so far, but there was no guarantee that it would hold up for long.  At least with only one of them though, he could keep the thing too stunned to effectively hit them... if their shots could actually land.  Well, if we all focus, I'm sure we can knock this thing down in a jiffy!  One more time together!  he shouted, managing to lose his footing once again and slip on the floor.  This was going to make it really tough to keep the enemy's attention if he kept on missing like this.  Hopefully, his friends could dodge out of the way of at least one of the attacks if the bat chose to go after them once or twice. 

Spoiler

+1 EN at start of turn

Battle Roll ID 97508

Ben attacks Giant bat 2, Misses! (BD 1)
-2 EN

Giant Bat 2 attacks Benjamin
It misses! (roll ID 97508, rolls 5 - 3 = 2)

Stats:

Benjamin - HP 223 / 240      EN - 13 / 24

Simba - HP 160 / 160      EN - 9 / 16

H3ll0 - HP 60 / 60      EN - 4 / 6

Enemies:

Giant Bat 1 -  [Dead]

Giant Bat 2 - HP 50 / 50      DMG - 20

Hate:

Giant Bat 2 - none

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Nice one Simba!" Ell said as he watched the first bat shatter and disappear. 'Alright onto the next one'. Ell tried to look for the second bat, but the darkness gave him no luck. He listened for the flapping  of wings in the darkness, trying to locate the position of the second giant bat. Ell heard a distant sound, he ran to it, following it, slashing blindly in front of him. The sound of the flapping became louder. 'I'm getting closer, come on and get m-'. Ell stumbled on something, tripped, and fell down. To be exact he tripped on someone and it was Ben who was on the ground. "Ow, seriously? How much of a drag can this fight get?" He said as he stood back up dusting off the dirt on his body. 'If I can inflict another bleed status on this Giant Bat, things would be easier.' He thought as he tightened his grip on his dagger.

Spoiler

ID: 97550 

H3LL0

• EN: 3+1=4
  • CD: 5 -no recovery proc
  • Attacks with [Basic Attack]
  • BD: 2 -Miss
  • EN: 4-2=2/6

Summary:

H3LL0 | Lvl. 3 (8 SP

[||||||||||||||||||||] [||||||||||||||||||||]

HP: 60/60 | EN: 2/6 

DMG: 2 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 2 

Bleed: 2 | Recovery: 2 | Keen: 1 | Savvy: 1

Benjamin Bookworm | Lvl. 12 (29 SP

[||||||||||||||||||||] [||||||||||||||||||||]

HP: 223/240 | EN: 13/24 

DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 

Simba | Lvl. 8 (16 SP

HP: 160/160 | EN: 9/16 

DMG: 6 | MIT: 5 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 

Recovery:1 | Regen: 1

Giant Bat 2  

[||||||||||||||||||||]

HP: 50/50  

DMG: 20 

@Simba @Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by H3LL0

A grin slowly formed on Simba's face, as his party members continued to praise him for the final attack. 'These two aren't so bad after all.. I have to make sure to keep these two alive.. For my sake.' Although the area around them were dark, his hearing seemed to heighten as he lost his vision of the surrounding area. He could hear the flapping of the Giant Bat, but was still unsure of where he should strike. He kept a close look on his allies health, but he also needed to make sure he did not extend to far out. 'I don't think these two were able to land a single hit on the bat, I should attempt to do something on my own!' He tightened his grip around his sabre and engaged forward.

His eyes showed a small amount of killing intent, as he got closer toward the Giant Bat. He activated his sword art, Horizontal Square, starting with a slash downward. The Giant Bat lowers its flight, giving Simba another opportunity to slash its side. He did not allow the Giant Bat to react, slashing upward at the Giant Bat. He used all his force to land a finishing concussive blow to the Giant Bat's head, stunning it. "I stunned it! Dog pile it!" He shouted toward his allies. 

Spoiler

BATTLE LOG
+1 EN at start of battle.
Simba deals 24 damages to Giant Bat [2].
Giant Bat [2] stunned.
+1 EN on Recovery.

ID:97904 | BD: 09 (+1 ACC)/(- 1 Darkness) | CD: 09

PARTY INFO
Simba:
[160/160 HP] [09/16 EN] [03 EVA] [05 MIT] [02 HATE]

Benjamin Bookworm
[223/240 HP] [13/24 EN] [03 EVA] [05 MIT] [03 HATE]

H3LL0
[60/60 HP] [02/06 EN] [02 EVA] [02 HATE]

ENEMY INFO
Giant Bat [1]:
[00/50 HP] [20 DMG]

Giant Bat [2]:
[26/50 HP] [20 DMG]

@Benjamin Bookworm @H3LL0

Edited by Simba

All right! Ben shouted as he charged in, ready to bring the enemy down.  It was still reeling from the last hit it took from Simba, so Ben managed to sneak in close without too much trouble, and without it moving too much for him to keep track of.  His blades managed to find another few lines into the enemy's back, leaving it to flop around helplessly in the air.  Between the damage he did and the hit Simba had put into the bat, it was well below half of its health remaining.  One more round of good attacks was all they would need to take this thing down, and then they could reap the rewards of the quest for themselves! 

Ell, it's your turn!  Let's put this thing in the ground with the next couple of shots!  We're so close to victory that I can almost taste it! he shouted as he stepped back to let Ell have a shot. 

Spoiler

+1 EN at start of turn

Battle Roll ID 97933

Ben attacks Giant bat 2, Misses! (BD 6+1 (acc) -1 (dark) = 6, hit)
Ben uses Round Accel Sword art - deals 4*2= 8 damage
-2 EN

Giant Bat 2 attacks Simba.
It is still stunned! (roll ID 97933)

Stats:

Benjamin - HP 223 / 240      EN - 12 / 24

Simba - HP 160 / 160      EN - 9 / 16

H3ll0 - HP 60 / 60      EN - 4 / 6

Enemies:

Giant Bat 2 - HP 18 / 50      DMG - 20

Hate:

Giant Bat 2 - Simba 1, Benjamin 1

"Got it!" Ell said as he charged at the point in the cave where his party members attacked. 'The best damage I could make would only be 4, compared to its 18 HP, I am nothing" He thought as he continued to run at the bat. 'Unless of course...' Ell charged his sword art, Round Accel, he slashed the stunned bat diagonally, from the bottom and back. His dagger glowing golden as it did. "That sh*t happens!' His attack wilted the bat's health points down and made it red. Luckily, he also inflicted the bleed status on the still stunned bat. "That bat is dead meat, it is going to die from the bleed sooner or later, do what you wanna do with it. Also the kid, I leave her to you guys, I'm gonna go take a breather" He said as he made his way outside the cave. When he was finally outside, he stretched his body, as he sighed, shielding his eyes from the light of the sun. 'God it is good to have the light back, that dark cave was such a drag.'

Spoiler

ID: 97996

H3LL0

• EN: 4+1=5/6
  • CD: 8 -Recovery proc
  • EN: 5+1=6/6
  • Attacks with [[x2] Round Accel (2 Energy)]
  • BD: 10 -Hit (Crit 2)
  • EN: 6-2=4/6
  • Deals: 2+2=4x2=8 DMG
  • Giant Bat HP: 18-8=10/50 -Bleeding (-12 HP on next turn, lasts 2 turns)

Summary:

H3LL0 | Lvl. 3 (8 SP

HP: 60/60 | EN: 4/6 

DMG: 2 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 2 

Bleed: 2 | Recovery: 2 | Keen: 1 | Savvy: 1

Benjamin Bookworm | Lvl. 12 (29 SP

[||||||||||||||||||||] [||||||||||||||||||||]

HP: 223/240 | EN: 12/24 

DMG: 3 | MIT: 5 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 

Simba | Lvl. 8 (16 SP

HP: 160/160 | EN: 9/16 

DMG: 6 | MIT: 5 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 3 

Recovery: 1 | Regen: 1

Giant Bat 2 | H3LL0 2 | Benjamin Bookworm 1 | Simba 1

[||||||||||||||||||||]

HP: 10/50  

DMG: 20

Bleeding: -12 HP on next turn, Lasts 2 turns 

@Simba @Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by H3LL0

The sound of weapons clashing against something, but Simba could not tell distinctively that it was someone who hit anything. 'Could it be Benjamin..? Maybe he landed an attack on the Giant Back.. I stunned the damn thing, so we should be fine. If I could just de--' Before his thought could be finished, Benjamin yelled out toward Ell, demanding him to finish the Giant Bat off. Simba kept a good grip on his sabre to back up Ell, if he were to fail his attack. Suddenly a small golden light appeared, causing Simba to flinch, but he kept his cool. 'A bleeding effect, huh? That is an interesting enhancement for a weapon..' He watched as Ell head out toward the caverns, but Simba glanced toward the Giant Bat. He was still able to make out the figure of the Giant Bat, but it was his first time watching a monster bleed out.

He sheathed his sabre and watched the light go out of the Giant Bat's eyes. Before he knew it, the bat shattered into thousands of polygons and his eyes glimmer as they start to fade away. "Looks like Ell is a little fatigued right now.. We should go find the girl as soon as possible. It is going to be difficult, so it might take us some time." He said toward Benjamin, as he stood up and attempted to look over at Benjamin.

@Benjamin Bookworm @H3LL0

Ben nodded, glad that he was done with the fight.  Nice shot Ell!  I'll go make sure the girl is OK, then we can bring her back to town.  Once we find her mother and reunite them, we can get the reward and end the quest.  I figured we would split the col evenly, if you guys are OK with that? he asked before heading to the small cavern where the NPC girl was still hiding in. 

Hey there kid... it's OK, the big bad bats are gone now.  If you'd like, we can take you home to your mother.  You just have to follow us out and we can bring you with us.  Ben leaned down to talk to her as he did, trying to peer into the small crevice that she was squeezed in.  Luckily, since she had seen things quiet down, she was willing to slowly come out.  The dirty, very scared child wordlessly ran up to Benjamin, and hid behind him as if he was a shield to the outside.  OK... I guess that's a yes then?  Well, I think we have a follower on our way back to town- lead the way out guys. 

Ell was waiting outside when he received a notification on his HUD. 'So it is finally dead huh? I got 150  Col? From the looks of it they just left it to bleed, oh the cruelty.' He thought as he looked at his dagger. 'I am still not strong enough, everyone saw that I just got lucky.' Ell gripped his dagger tighter. He knew that if he was at least a high leveled player, he did not have to be dependent of his party members. After a while, Ben and Simba emerged from the cave with the child. "Alright then, let's get back you home kid. I am sure your mom is worried sick about you, so make sure you give her your warmest hug okay?" Ell told the child as he tried to poke her cheek. 'Home... I wonder if I would be able to see it again.' He thought. 

Spoiler

ID: 98109

H3LL0

• EN: 4+1=5/6
  • CD =11 -recovery proc
  • EN: 5+1=6/6

Giant Bat 2

• HP: 10-10=0/50
  • Dies

Summary:

H3LL0 | Lvl. 6 (14 SP

HP: 120/120 | EN: 12/12 

DMG: 2 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 2 

Bleed: 2 | Recovery: 2 | Keen: 1 | Savvy: 1

Loot: 150 Col (LD =3, CD =11)

@Benjamin Bookworm @Simba

Edited by H3LL0

Listening from afar, Simba kept his distance away from Benjamin and the NPC. He kept his arms crossed and his eyes shut, so his focus is on the two and if anything were to emerge from the caverns, he would be able to support Benjamin. 'These two will be useful allies if I need any help with anything, but for now, I will have to be grinding on my own, but it'll be fine.. I know it.' As soon as Benjamin was ready to go, Simba led the two outside of the caverns and stretched out his arms and slowly taking in the sunlight that he was deprived of. "Seems like we are all okay. We should get going, before the day ends. Don't want to engage baddies during the night. I had enough of the dark today." He announced toward his group members, before heading ahead without them.

He made sure to not stray too far from his teammates, so he always kept his eyes out for them, but made sure there were no monsters roaming toward them. 'Tch.. This NPC is just going to be reset and head back into the caverns anyways.. Can't be too attached to them.. Anyone.' He sighed, as he waited for his allies to catch up. There was more to what Simba could do, but he had to grind his level through the quests and meeting people on the way to help with his own goals.

@Benjamin Bookworm @H3LL0

Ben followed Simba out of the cave, followed closely by the NPC girl behind him.  Well, it looks like we got through just fine today.  he said, looking around on the path back.  He usually saw a treasure chest or something around here, but didn't see anything nearby.  Well, that was how it went sometimes. 

Still, it was just a short walk back, and they were almost there by the time he realized he wasn't going to find anything.  Well, once we're back, do you guys have any plans for the near future?  I'm looking to start a few crafting projects myself- how about your plans?  Any big quests coming up in your future?  Or maybe just some drinks at someplace we can all relax at? he asked, making some small talk until they got back.  It had been a long fight, but those went a lot better with friends than going at it alone. 

Spoiler

Search for chest - Roll ID 98164

Loot die - 14, nothing

The three finally started to walk back to the child’s mother. Although she was an NPC, and he was very aware of that fact since the beginning, Ell saw the child the same way he sees Yinangi, an innocent soul trapped in this world full of trouble. Ell watched Simba walked ahead, he said that he wanted to get to town before dark because he had enough of the dark. “I agree, fighting in the darkness was such a drag.” He replied. Then Ben spoke up, he asked whether his others party members had plans for the near future. “Well, I would probably be grinding when I fell like it, if not I would just... lay around. Also, I am thinking of joining a guild, heard Tsu joined one, and that Vigilion guy, and Krysta are planning to start one. I have no idea what the pros of being in a guild in this game is, but hey! Everyone is doing it so I might as well join the trend!”

Edited by H3LL0

Oh, I hadn't heard much about any new guilds except for some talk.  It would be nice to have a regular group to ask when you need to get a party together, but really some of the best buffs are going to come from the guild buildings you get.  Heck, I would love to get the benefit of the crafting guild buffs there are, but I don't think there are enough other players who need that above other kinds of buffs to ever get one going. he said.  They were just about at the city gates, so they should be able to find the NPC they needed to complete the quest.  Hey, would you guys help out with the search?  We should be able to find the NPC around the town square somewhere.  Once we manage to find her we can finish up.  He took his own look around the town gate, but was distracted by the girl still clinging to his shirt.  He should have known that she would still be nervous enough to need someone to guide her home. 

@H3LL0 @Simba

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm
adding tags

Ell listened as Ben said some stuff about guilds. ‘Buffs huh? I wonder what other buffs there are except the crafting buffs and what they do.’ He thought as he looked ahead and noticed that they were nearing the town. Then Ben asked Simba and him if they could help with the search for the girl’s mother. ‘Wait how hard could this be? Shouldn’t Quest NPCs just stay where they are?’ Ell thought before finally speaking up. “Sure thing, if that is only what it takes to get me my rewards, and of course, to take that kid back home, I am in. I will try to search the spot where we left the girl’s mom before we took the quest, she should be there right?” He said as he entered the town. The town eased his mind a little, away from Giant Bats and dark places, making him want to finally take a rest. “You in Simba?”

Edited by H3LL0

Keeping himself distant with his other party members, Simba listened to their conversation from afar. The day slowly ended and the night was young, the trio still had to locate the mother for the quest to finish. 'Hm.. Maybe the mother moved elsewhere, so the quest did not seem so repetitive.. Moving from one place and back to the place you received the quest.. She should have not strayed too far.' He took a step forward, as they entered the safety of the town. "I don't think I have much of a choice. We should quickly find the mother and turn in the quest as soon as possible. We don't want to drag this out longer than we should. We should message each other as soon as we find the mother." He suggested.

Edited by Simba

Got it.  Hopefully this should only take a minute or two to track her down. Ben answered.  She was running around town trying to get players to accept her quest before... so she's probably doing that some more now.  Actually, I wonder if we could have two groups trying to turn the quest in at once?  The NPC was asking enough people. Ben wondered out loud.  He really did hope it would be quick with all three of them looking.  Especially since he didn't want to admit that he forgot exactly where the NPC was when he got the quest.  Good with directions was something he definitely was not.  Still, it wasn't too big of a town.  He headed over to the town square to start looking about, making sure to keep the rescued kid close to him so he wouldn't wind up chasing after two different NPCs at once. 

@H3LL0 @Simba

Taking one step back, Simba nodded his head in agreement. 'Okay.. This is a quest.. These are non-playable characters, so they are scripted to follow a certain path..' He started off at the fountain where the quest began, but there was no sign of the mother anywhere. There were several players around the center, but he could not spot any of the mother running up to them. 'Could it be a quest that is timed? It is dark out right now and maybe the mother is not out here.' He made sure to check for his party members to see if they were still in town. He sighed in relief, seeing that they are alright, but he continued to search for the mother. 'I don't even have the child with me.. I will have to make sure to meet up with Benjamin as soon as I find the mother.He quickly continued to search around.

"Alright guess we will have to split to cover more ground." Ell replied at Ben's plan. "Be sure to message me when you find her!" He said as the group parted ways to search in different directions. "Because with my luck I won't be the one to get to her first." Ell searched in the part of the town where vendors, shops, and the like are. He found an empty bench, and sat on it. He then adjusted his position to lie down, the bench was too small for him so his legs dangled on one side of the bench. 'Well here is to hoping they do not forget me when they turn the quest in.' Ell's eyes started to go heavy. 'I wonder how much better I will get after turning in this quest...' Ell's eyes fell shut and was quickly asleep as the NPC mother passed by the bench Ell was lying on.

Edited by H3LL0

Benjamin was circling around the town square, trying to keep up the search while keeping the NPC girl in tow under control.  She was really nervous, and seemed to be wanting to run to and fro every which way.  She wanted to be back with her mother, which was understandable.  But she was getting too anxious for him to properly search while moving.  OK miss, how about we just grab ourselves a bench and get a good view of the square?  That way we can just wait for your mother to come our way, nice and calmly.  Sound good? he asked as he tried to corral her somewhere.  As he was coaxing her towards the benches, she suddenly jumped up excitedly and raced towards someone.  It looked like she was the first one to spot her mother.  Ben quickly ran after her, messaging the group as they went.  Town square by the benches, found her, meet there!

@H3LL0 @Simba

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Ell had a dream as he slept. He was back at the real world, in his classroom, beside his friends, listening to another lecture on History. Then he was back at his room playing video games in his laptop, dominating his opponents in the MMORPG. “Yeah that is right! Kneel before me like the stupid dogs you are! Stop trying to be me you wanna be’s!” Ell screamed at the screen of his laptop at it showed a victory screen. Then he was back in Aincrad, having a PVP match against a player whose face and name he had forgotten, all that he could remember, was that he was a beta tester. Ell took one strike from the sword skill that his opponent performed on him and then he was defeated.

Ell woke up at the sound of his UI sending a notification of a message from Ben. Ell read the message and stood up from the bench he was sitting on and started walking. Ell was still sleepy as he accidentally bumped into someone. “Sorry sir! My bad, I was just looking for...” Ell recognized that the player he bumped into was Ben. “...you. Hey there! So where is the girl? And Simba?”

As the time slowly passed, Simba slowly got tired of locating the mother, but he wanted to get the quest done as soon as possible. He began sprinting around town and taking glances over players' head to see if there was a diamond hovering over their heads. 'This is starting to get boring.. The more I run around, the more of an idiot I look. I need to quickly find her.' A ping goes off on his HUD and he stopped in his tracks. He tapped on Benjamin's handle and read the message and sighed. He checked the map and saw that he was not that far from the town square. He took a deep breath and began sprinting toward the town square, hoping to quickly end the quest.

His eyes met with his two party members and spotted the little girl, holding onto her mother. 'It seems like we are finally done with this quest, I need to get some sleep done.. Are maybe finish the rest of my quests.' He stood behind Benjamin and Ell, as they are ready to finish up the quest. Before Simba could leave the party, he felt like he had some unfinished business with the them and hesitated, as the rewards are being passed out.

Edited by Simba