[PP-F11] Gathering we will go.

Ben found himself in the settlement of Taft, on floor 11.  This was one of the highest floors that he had been up to yet.  But today he wasn't (quite as) worried about the bigger monsters, since he just wanted to get himself some extra materials.  He had been looking around for some others to come with on the trip, both for safety and so that he didn't spend the next few hours talking to himself.  Again. 

He stood at the gate that went out to the forests around town, double checking his pack before he went out.  It wouldn't do to have to double back for extra items before they were done- this was going to be his first big bunch of tier 2 materials, and if everything went well, they would be needed to start making lots of potions players would want to buy.  And crystals too, if he got enough of them. 

@Pinball @Mars

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He walks through the town of Taft with a bored expression floor seven having been a absolute boring time last he was their fighting that supposedly dangerous opponent that was going to be his biggest challenge. yet all it took was himself and Pinball to deal a killing blow against it, or that is what he would be saying if he didn't want the loot that the girl had gotten from having that prosperity food thing. He walks around going towards one of the exits of the town, and then spots a interesting site. A boy waiting by the gate as he then shrugs and walks over with his familiar that goes up to his knees in terms of height. The creature having fire roll around its body from paws to head to back to tail. Repeating that cycle over and over and not being hurt by the flames that are ever present upon its body. When he reaches the boy he puts his hands in his pocket. So then what are you doing on this floor? Got tired of those floors below us also? he asks the player.

Pinball ran through the streets of Taft, stopping when he saw the outline of two people in the distance. He took a few steps forward, and identified them as Mars and Benjamin. He grinned, ducking into an alley. He took the long way around, sneaking carefully behind the two players. They were standing at the gate, and the alleys only came towards that exit through the sides, so he had to be extra careful. He was crouched low, and he did his best not to make a sound. He came as close as he dared between the two, and filled his lungs with air. "Bah!" He shouted as loudly he could, slamming his spear against the floor for added noise. "Wot are yew doin' 'ere?" he growled, his attempt at a drunken englishman's accent failing miserably. He laughed, realizing how awkward the entrance was. "Jesus Christ, that was lame," he said out loud, shoving his hand in his pocket. 

Edited by Pinball

Well, I've been looking to start out making some higher tier items for my shop, and here's the first floor I need to explore to get at them.  Not that the lower floors are boring, heck I still have to finish up a bunch of quests down there before I'm done.  I don't suppose you'd like to come along? I usually like to talk to some new friends while doing something. he said as he pulled his item pack over his shoulder, ready to head on out. 

Hey there Pinball! he called out as Pinball approached.  He seemed just as awkward as their last meeting.  I'm heading out to start a run for some materials- did you want to come along as well?  We should be able to get a good haul, and I would love to be able to stock some tier 2 crystals in my shop.  He then headed out the gate, assuming they other two would follow, and giving them both a smile as he did.  It looked like a nice day for a walk. 

he grins a bit at hearing that this player is looking for some materials as he extends his hand and puts on his kindest smile which is rather easy for himself since he is a master of acting, and manipulation. Absolutely i will be happy to accompany Benjamin. I was hear hoping to do a different kind of farming one of monsters actually, but getting some materials through your way might be just as beneficial really, and even more so if we combine them. I fight monsters while sticking near to you while you find actual materials along the ground. That way we're maximizing our profit of material gaining. he suggest to his possible partner during this adventure. he then hears a ridiculous accent and just sees Pinball. He can only wonder if this is what he does every time, but at least knows now it isn't just him he does this to. Nice to see you again Pinball glad to know that you are alive and well. Either way we're here to gain some tier 2 materials like we did back on floor sixteen. Also by the way i do have to wonder if you can act normal for one interaction with people if you do this commonly, and i am glad you at least knew that was lame. he says in amusement to his rival with a grin on his face. Seemingly acting a mix of kind, and his usual self that Pinball knows rather well.

@Pinball

Pinball frowned. Not a single one of them had reacted to his little jumpscare, and Mars had even gone so far as to call it lame. "Whaat? That's unfair. Just because I called it lame doesn't mean you can, silly goose," he said, taking a step closer to Mars. He poked Mars on the nose. "Boop." Pinball hopped backwards, and jogged after Benjamin. "Heyyo, Benji." Somehow, goofing around helped Pinball talk to people easier. He was less inclined to nervousness when he forced a joke or got a rise out of someone, and though he wasn't aware that that was why he did it, he wasn't going to stop doing it when it made things easier for him. That was why he acted the way he did. "You get any stronger than when we last met?" he asked, using his spear as a walking stick. "Since when we fought all those nepents for absolutely no reason. Good times. But seriously, what level are you?"

Yea, I've been leveling up quite a bit.  I'm up to level 12 now, and added a few new items to help out.  It's been a pretty good run so far, and I'm hoping to get a bit higher pretty soon.  I have a lot of searching skills left to buy. Ben said as they walked along the path to the woods.  He had been checking the surroundings, but there wasn't any materials to pick just yet.  Well Mars, if you do want to pick on a couple of monsters in the woods while we go, that would be fine.  Just make sure we have plenty of time for gathering between the fights, since I've found those times get more materials than just what you can get from monsters. Would you be OK with that plan, Pinball? he asked as they went.  Maybe they would find some good item drops from the monsters if they fought them, but hopefully any fights would be quick ones. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 96316
Loot die - 4+3=7, nothing

He looks towards Pinball with a glare as he looks at the man. You're lucky my plan involves killing monsters or i would demand another duel right here right now Pinball. he tells his Rival before looking towards the one known as Benji by Pinball. Now then the plan is simple actually me and Pinball will be the ones actively fighting any and all monsters that could be on this floor, and while we are fighting you will instead be gathering the materials that are found near that fight. You won't be actively participating in that fight so we can try to maximize our profit in terms of material gathering. Can you agree that such a procedure can happen pin...wait we have Pinball. he says with a grin. Change of plans Pinball and i will be fishing while you gather materials around that fishing area. Then when Pinball inevitably fishes up a boss, or loot mob we will fight that while you continue to just look for materials around the area where we fish. This will guarantee the maximum amount of materials gained from all of this. He says with a confident grin on his face about the chances to gain a relative large sum of materials from all of this. Through the combined efforts it would be a rather easy thing to gain as much of those materials as possible.

The fisherman nodded. He had been expecting to be asked for his fishing skill since he knew they were going out gathering. As of late, he felt as if the whole process was getting quite repetitive, but he kept that to himself. It was a part of most MMOs, the grinding. It was an aspect that he'd be hard pressed to miss out on while playing games like this. Nonetheless, Pinball nodded. "Yeah," he laughed, pulling his fishing rod from his inventory, the item materializing in his free hand, sounds good to me. Changing his mind, he put the rod back into his inventory. He'd pull it out to use it once they got there. Pinball wasn't familiar with this floor in the slightest. The only time he had been here was for the Valentines Event, and even then, he had left... early. He shrugged it off. It was better not to think about things you couldn't change. Mars' plan would work well. Benjamin would be gathering, while Mars and Pinball focused on fishing and whatever terribly named creatures they pulled up with it. "Lead the way, buckos."

All right, that sounds like a good plan. Ben said as he pulled open the map in his HUD.  There were plenty of good spots to fish, and he didn't know if one lake was luckier than another, so he just picked the path to the closest one and started the way there.  I mean, I can help out with whatever monsters get fished up too.  I have some good stun attacks in my arsenal if the need arises- I remembered to take a weapon skill, just in case.  His continued to check the woods along the way, but wasn't having much luck today.  It seemed like it might not be his day today.  Still, it was a quiet walk on the way to the lake.  So Pinball, will this be a good place to set up for casting your line?  Or is there some sort of thing we should look for in a fishing spot?

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 96322
Loot die - 10+3=13, nothing

Its not that i don't trust your combat prowess Benj, but it is more so that your help won't be needed with my damage, and my Rival's damage the both of us wil be able to handle every single monster on our own in one rotation or two. With neither of us getting hurt from the encounter, so i would like to respectfully ask that you do stick to searching for materials along the ground while myself and Pinball handle any and all monsters that come from the lake since we will be able to beat them all with ease and quickness. he says calmly to what could be a new ally  which could be a nice addition to what could be a interesting partnership depending on what his build ends up being. By the way Benjamin why are you in need of so many materials? What profession are you? he asks the man figuring that could be a good and first essential step in knowing how to tackle communications with this person.

Ah, well I'm an alchemist.  I've been trying to gather up extra so I can level up my crafting skills.  Once I reach a high enough level in it, I can start making crystals, which unfortunately take twice as many materials to craft.  That's going to burn through what I have like crazy, quite frankly. Ben said matter of factually.  With the build I have, I should be able to get the parts I need to craft every day with some work.  And once I can, I'll have plenty of spare to get to the front liners.  Hopefully it will help us get out of this crazy game faster, as well as with less people dying.  He told Mars as they continued into the woods.  He still had no luck finding anything, which was pretty unlucky.  Hopefully between all three of their efforts, they would be able to catch a variety of items as a team. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 96450
Loot die - 11+3=14, nothing

Pinball walked silently with Mars and Benjamin. The boy withdrawed to the background, opting to listen rather than speaking. He didn't make to gathering, as he was generally unlucky when pursuing materials. Instead, he would wait patiently for the reveal of water, as that was when he'd be able to put fishing to use. Using his spear as a walking stick, he followed quietly behind the two players, looking around, yet paying attention to their conversation. He had no idea what the geography of this floor was like, and so he didn't think himself fit to lead two other players through the wilderness. Besides, Floor 11 was well beyond his skill level, and the boy wasn't quite convinced that exploring the wilds of said floor was the smartest thing to do in a death game. Still, he kept his mouth shut, instead taking in the scenery and enjoying the fantasy atmosphere the game never ceased to impose on the players. 

As the three players walk along eventually a nice pond reveals itself as he nods and taps the player known as Benjamin's shoulder and with a glance towards the pond he makes his way over there with a nod towards Pinball. This is where we will do our base of operations for fishing, and material gathering. With this it will be utterly guranteed for the three of us being able to tackle anything we would need tier two materials for. Be it for crafting, or for myself and Pinball's case getting some updated gear if we are in need of doing so at whatever point it could become necessary. he says calmly to the two as he then sits by the water like usual when he fishes with his Rival knowing said rival will follow and fish up something, and hopefully it could be a interesting fight. Wanting that right away for the wonderful reason of hearing the reaction from Benjamin of the names of the creatures.

@Pinball@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Mars

All right, I'll trust you guys know what you're doing with this plan, and I'll just stick with the gathering. he said with a bit of a mock salute.  Good luck, and let the salty brine bless your catches today! 

And with a laugh, he checked around some of the local patches.  He didn't see anything nearby, but this seemed like it would be a good spot once he scouted it out.  Hopefully there would be some good fishes hopping up out of the water as well- it would be good to see all of us get some good items.  Actually, I'll see if I can find some treasure chests or a sub-dungeon or something around here.  It would be good to find something extra.  Actually, if I do find a sub-dungeon, we might be able to explore it if you guys would be up for that.  Huh. he said deep in thought. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 96609
Loot Die - 6+3=9, nothing

Pinball took a seat by the water, listening to what Mars and Benjamin had to say, yet saying nothing himself. He suddenly seemed to fall into a fairly bad mood, his heart sinking in his chest for little to no reason. He retrieved his fishing rod from his inventory, throwing a lazy gaze across the water. With a small yawn, he cast his line, the hook hitting the water with a soft plop. Pinball was about to speak, but stopped himself. He knew the plan already. He'd be fishing, and then there'd be the possibility they'd fight monsters as well. Hopefully he'd be able to get his enhancements off against their opponent. He'd gotten stronger, but he knew Mars had gotten stronger as well. He reeled in his line, taking a small breath when he realized he had caught nothing. A sub-dungeon would be a nice thing to find, he knew. He had been planning to try and find one himself. Maybe he'd take Mars, or maybe he'd take one of his guild members. He knew they'd be tough, but the reward had to be worth it, right?

(( @Benjamin Bookworm @Mars AAAAAA I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THIS THREAD IM SORRY)))

ID# 96657 

CD: 4 (Nothing fished up) 

Edited by Pinball
  • 3 weeks later...

Ben was sticking around the wooded areas by the lake.  He hadn't managed to find anything on the way there, but the lake is where he would find the good stuff.  Sure enough, the first few bushes he checked had a huge cache of materials hidden inside of it, and they were now in his inventory.  Hey Pinball, looks like there's some good materials in this spot.  I'm going to look around a bit more, maybe check if there's a sub-dungeon in a minute.  I think we picked a good spot for searching around.  How about you?  Did you fish up any good bites from the lake yet? he asked.  The quiet was nice to first start to look around, and relax in.  He should definitely do this more often, it was nice to just have a calm and sedate adventure without all of the danger that they usually entailed. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll - ID 98369
Loot die 17, craft die 6
found 3 materials (3 Total)

He grins at having heard at least success on Benjamin's end, and with that he just sits down besides Pinball to prepare for the inevitable monster that is most likely going to spawn as it seems is the duo's luck when facing such creatures. Hopefully it will be just as interesting or around that margin as the golden ants they had to kill last they were on this floor together. He looks over towards Benjamin and gives a thumbs up. Good job. Just keep searching for materials, and Pinball and myself will handle the fishing over here. He says calmly towards the scarf wearing player as he relaxes putting on a neutral, but leaning towards kind front about all of this. Doing so masterfully without any flaws in his mannerisms. Knowing he has to be a bit more careful with what he shows, and to realize not as many are willing to accept a more vindictive side of a person.

All, right, I'll see what I can find. Ben said as he continued he search.  The bushes that he had just looked into weren't yielding anything, so he would have to start looking out further.  He got the few materials into his pocket, and brushed the bits of leaves and other debris off of his as he stood up.  So did you guys have a preference on how long we should keep the search up for?  I figure I'll be happy with like 20 or so materials in hand, though more is always better.  How about you guys- how much stuff do you guys want to try and fish out of the pond today?  Ben asked as he headed out to the next patch of bushes in the area.  This would be the first large amount of tier 2 materials that he would be getting, so he would need a lot of them to craft without running out too quickly. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 98495
Loot die 6 + 4 =10, failure
(3 material total)

@Mars @Pinball

Pinball watched the two of them talk before responding to Benjamin himself. He gave a shrug, splashing the water with his boot as he stood. "Eh, I'm good with whatever. I don't craft much anymore." A voice in his head nagged at him. You are Tier-two now, though. The things you'll fight are only going to get more and more dangerous. It's time to start packing buffs. He shook it off. That was partially the reason he was here. He turned back to the water, where he sat with a thump. He took the rod, then cast it, the hook hitting the water with a small splash. Pinball waited. Pinball yawned. And, finally, Pinball felt a tug on his line! He reeled in his catch, and, with a flash of blue light, a screen popped up in front of him. He called out to Benjamin. "Oi, Benji! Got two mats from that catch. Wanna see who can gather faster?" He then turned to Mars. "And what are you doing? Help him out with gathering. We'll get more that way. You'll hear the splashing... and possibly screaming if I fish up a boss monster." Pinball then turned back to the water, mentally preparing himself for his next catch. 

@Mars @Benjamin Bookworm

-------------------

ID# 98605

CD: 7 = 2 T2 Materials fished up. 

Loot Pool: 

• [2] T2 Materials 
Edited by Pinball