[PP-F11] Gathering we will go.

((Let's start searching for treasure chests when we can. And if we go to like, 50 posts, I wanna try and search for a sub-dungeon, since i have a T2 Map I want to use. If that's alright)) 

Pinball wanted to finish the monster off, and fast. He rushed the monster, Zomekko trailing behind him. The Red Menace swung once more, and Pinball ducked over it. "Aaadios," he hummed, instinctively launching himself into Dimension Stampede once more. His energy dropped into nothingness, but so did the Red Menace's health bar. The few red ticks of pixel left in the monster's life plummeted, and in an instant, it was dead. The monster shattered with the sound of breaking glass, leaving Pinball to stand in the remaining blue shards. His hand drifted through the transluscent fragments, pondering something. A quiet ding pulled his attention to the loot dropped by the monster. "Col, material," he murmured, swiping the menu away. He looked back over to the two players in his company, and gave them two thumbs up. "A bit more col and another material." He made his way back over to the two, letting out a long breath. "Ah, man, I'm pooped." He had no energy left, and Pinball knew there was always the risk of fishing up something dangerous again while he was vulnerable. "I'm going to take a break for a moment. Maybe.

@Mars

-Combat- 

ID# 98873  BD: 5+3= 8 (Hit) MD: 8-3= 5 (Miss) 

Red Menace attacks Pinball - Miss 

Pinball attacks Red Menace - Dimension Stampede 

12*15= 180 DMG 

-Players- 

Pinball: 346/500 HP | 0/50 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 12 DMG 

-Enemies- 

Red Menace: 0/250 HP | 75 DMG 

--Loot Roll-- 

ID# 98874  LD: 6  CD: 7 

Gained: 

• 750 Col + 250 Col = [1000] Col 
  • [1] T2 Material 
Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when you get towards actually choosing a side of what you want to do for how you wish to fight mobs i would still ask for you to consider the tank lifestyle since just as much as you can help with dealing damage. There is more need for those who can help by taking as much damage as possible by being a tank since i can't name a single tank that is tier one or two that i know of. And i know quite a bit of people Benjamin. He says in a calm tone towards the player as he keeps his hands in his pockets as his familiar walks alongside him. The liger making sure to not touch any of the plant life to make sure it doesn't burn any materials that could be of use to the two of the players. Although i don't know what you mean by spells and such Benajmin. There is no spells that players can use unless you mean skills and such, and potions that would make more sense. he says towards the scarf wearing boy.

@Benjamin Bookworm

#98875  LD:13

3/3

Total Loot:

3420 COL, 17 T2 material

Edited by Mars

(OOC I did forget about treasure chests and such!  I can search for them and for any sub-dungeons we may have a chance for- I keep some T2 maps with me as well, and have a bit higher chance of success with the loot die)

OK, yes I meant skills and potions and such.  But since they just instantly heal players, it's basically magic, even if the system doesn't say it is.  It's always been an odd distinction to me.  Ben said as he worked his way through some more of the local shrubbery.  I don't think I'm really built for the tank lifestyle though.  Maybe once I have a lot of skill points to spare, but for now there's a ton of other skills I need to get before then.  I just wouldn't have the skill slots to properly tank for anyone.  Some of the new players are more tankish in their builds- Novafire is, though she's quite a low level, and a few of the other players have some aggro increasing skills as well.  I just see them having both damage and defense.  Suddenly, Ben tripped as he was going through his search and landed with a thunk on something next to the lake.  It was a treasure chest!  That's neat.  You want to come see what we found down here?

Spoiler

Search for a treasure chest ID 98876
Loot die - 19 + 4 =23  Treasure Chest found!! (should have gone for a sub-dungeon, drat)

Pinball leaned even deeper against the tree, adjusting himself so as to get comfortable. Even though it was a game, the trunk still felt quite hard. For a moment he sat up, remembering that this was a floor swarming with insect monsters. For all he knew, thousands of tiny ant monsters were crawling all over his back. But that was a ridiculous thought, so he leaned back once more, his eyes fluttering shut. He lazily lifted his left eye open just enough to see his health bar, noticing the severe lack of energy reserves he had left over from his fight with the Red Menace. The first mob I've fought with a regular namehe noted with a yawn. Maybe the game is starting to take you seriously. His eye shut once more, and Pinball relaxed, his spear leaning against his shoulder. Zomekko padded over to Pinball, phasing through tree and grass to lay on his lap. Pinball took in the ambience of the eleventh floor, knowing that he shouldn't take too long of a break in such a dangerous area. He had gotten some decent loot out of the two monsters he had fought, but that didn't mean he could give up now. He had come here with a job to do, and he would do it. He turned his head at the sound of Benjamin's voice, but didn't care to get up or open his eyes. "Open it up, Benji," he yawned. 

he stretches out and gazes towards Benjamin as he finds a chest and just grins as he sits down and waits before attempting to fight am ob once more since if anything there is always the small sliver of doubt that could be a mimic spawning from that chest, and needing a quick and swift death from his strikes or pinball's. The fact remains a mimic on their ally would be utterly tragic since it could be leveled towards the two players which might potentially be dangerous fro the scarf wearing boy if he goes to open up the chest and manages to get hit by the attack. He does look at the scarf wearing boy. TO be a tank requires only two skills though Benjamin while a DPS like myself or Pin requires more skills. Tanks only need their armor, and block if they take up a shield. Then they put mitigation on their armor and batta bing batta boom you're a tank. Easy. However, if you're a DPS you need your weapon, charge, battle healing, and quite a few other skills and mods to be a proper DPS of any sort. He says calmly to the scarf wearing boy. Though the point of not being fit for the tank life for whatever reason may be your own. Just take my advice on the matter. I don't know who that novafire girl is, but we need more then just one more tank. If a event boss or anything of that sort attacked all you players. Who do you think will die first? he asks what is in his mind a simple question. If no tanks are around to absorb damage then any support or DPS will die in a instance.

Well, there's also the fact that tanks need to hold the aggro, so you need a skill to boost that as well.  Plus some self healing, as my first aid skills aren't going to help out there.  I will think about grabbing the mitigation skills though- once I get another pick in about 10 more levels.  Ben said as he fiddled with the chest. 

Wow, this one is really nice.  We got some materials, a couple of consumables I don't really care about, a perfect armor, and a ton of col.  Um, I guess we never talked about how to split things up for chests and things.  I don't usually care about consumables I find- I can make a lot, so the col to identify them isn't usually worth it for me.  I never know what to feel about random armors though... I'd love to have one that boosts my healing, but that's such a rare drop to find. 

Spoiler

Open chest roll ID 98877
Loot die 16 (no modification for opening chests)
found 8 [T2] materials, Perfect armor/shield, 2 [Rare] consumables, 1650 col

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Pinball sheathed his spear, and giving one last, final yawn, he stood. His energy had only just started to recover, but looking at Benjamin and Mars hard at work made him feel useless. He rolled his head around his shoulders, and started to walk towards the lake, offering the two a wave. "I'll be over there. Wish me luck." It was a reckless thing of him to do, to be sure, but Pinball wouldn't feel useful unless he was doing something. He retrieved the fishing rod he had cast aside, swinging the rod over his shoulder, and taking a seat in front of the lake. One, two, and he cast the line, the hook hitting the water, sending ripples throughout the calm lake. It took a bit longer to fish something up, which Pinball figured to be a good sign, as the mobs he had reeled in had all taken their time with biting. Pinball took note of the materials. "That's two," he murmured to himself, tallying up the total amount of loot he had managed to gather in their short time together. Pinball assumed Mars and him would be splitting the loot two ways, as they always did, but what about Benjamin. He turned and called out to the two. "How are we splitting the loot? Are we going to split it three ways, or are we keeping what we get?

------------------------------------

ID# 98883  CD: 8 

2 T2 Materials fished up. 

Edited by Pinball

I think we should do the three way split of items. I mean it is only the fair option of such things. Since myself and Pinball deal with the monsters that lurk therefore keeping Benjamin safe, and Pinball helps with getting some fishing materials and any mobs while i myself deal with mobs that come along. It is all even in the end and therefore it should be split three ways and not any sort of keeping what we find sort of deal. He says in a calm tone of voice when addressing the two other players with a nod of his head as he glances towards the forest as another ant warrior bursts through the forest as he activates his sword art ready to attack the creature to gain some more loot from what they had just managed to get from that chest that benjamin had found.

he dodges out of the way of a swipe at his chest by the ant man before quickly dashing forward and punching it directly into the ground not wanting for it to get away from his next strike that would end its life within a single moment.

#98884   BD:3+3=6  MD:8-3=5 Savvy activates  11x15=165

players:

Mars: 460/460  ENG:29/46

enemies:

Ant warrior: 65/230  DMG:69

Total Loot:

5070 COL, 25 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Mars

I'm good with a three way split if you guys are.  This way everyone gets a nice mix of stuff from all the loot we get, and we can split the items based on whoever wants what.  I like it.  Ben agreed as he climbed back up out of the watery area.  The materials were nice, but he was really looking forward to having something else besides them at the end of the day.  He plunged his way back into the bushes, keeping up the search for whatever he could find.  Since Mars and Pinball had already collected so much from the monsters, he had a ways to catch up.  Luckily, he finally found a big stash of crafting materials in the next berry bush, picking them all and stuffing them into his inventory.  I think we're all going to have a good amount of crafting materials once the day is done if this keeps up. 

Spoiler

Gathering roll ID 98889
Loot die 12+4= 16, craft die 10, found 4 materials

5070 COL, 29 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables

Pinball took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself for the all too real possibility that he fishes up another monster. Thus far, the monsters he had fished up, the "Red Menace" had been a fairly week mob. They didn't pose much of a threat, even though Pinball himself had ended up getting smacked around by the overgrown lobster. Still, he could dispatch one of the monsters in two strikes, granted he doesn't miss or make a fool of himself as he had done previously. As of now, he could only use his highest damage Sword Art, Dimension Stampede, a total of three times before his energy is completely depleted. This means he'd probably be able to defeat one of the fishing bosses by himself, but just barely. Maybe once he levels up a couple more times, he'd be able to have full confidence in doing so. Until then, he adamantly refused to go out fishing without a partner, lest a repeat of the 'King Croaksworth Incident' occurs. He fished once more, reeling in his line, fishing up another wopping 3 t2 materials. They were getting along swell so far. "Three," he murmered, tidying up his line.

@Mars

---------------------------

ID# 98890  CD: 9

3 T2 Materials fished up. 

-Loot Pool- 

5070 COL,  32 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables

Edited by Pinball

He looks at the ant guard with a serious look as he preps his stance activating a sword art that he hasn't done in awhile as he focus upon his enemy slowly maneuvering himself closer towards the ant like warrior before springing forward with a quick left jab towards the clavicle intending on getting a strike there. However, the enemy just knocks his hand away and goes for a stab at his gut that he quickly backflips away from and looks at the enemy quickly adjusting himself with a small glare at the being for managing to avoid his attack, but keeping calm about the situation knowing that it will only take one well timed attack to end the creature before him. Not something for him to worry about or get himself bent out of shape about.

#98903  BD:1  MD:5-3=2

players:

Mars: 460/460  ENG:28/46

enemies:

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Mars

Everyone seemed to be really getting into the work they were doing, which was fine by him.  He had plenty of practice being on his own, though he would hopefully soon have a familiar to keep him company.  But it was nice to just have friends nearby right now.  Especially friends who would be getting a nice amount of col and items from the monsters they were fighting.  And, as he grabbed the next batch of materials from the bushes, he would be able to grab a whole bunch of materials for everyone to share as well.  This was a really lucky area he was checking in.  I got a few more materials for the loot pool guys.  Looks like we should have about a dozen each so far. he said as he packed them away.  I actually should look around for a few caves around here- you never know when you'll find something neat to check out later. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 98908

Loot die - 12+4 = 16, craft die 10, found 4 materials

-Loot Pool- 

5070 COL,  36 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables

Pinball smiled to himself, pleased they were coming along quite nicely. He stared out at the water, then looked back down at his fishing rod, a single finger rubbing the tool. Without another glance, he cast his line, which was bit down on immediatly. An all too familiar weight greeted him. It was yet another Red Menace. The giant lobster proved to be faster than Pinball had anticipated, its long, sharp claw lashing out at him, and, with a loud crunch, the claw gripped his shoulder. The fishing pole fell to the ground with a clatter, but was luckily not destroyed. Pinball struggled to keep his balance, but the Red Menace was strong, and Pinball dropped to a knee under the weight of the monster's claw. He crouched there, struggling to push the claw off of him, but not risking to go reach for his spear for fear of being put in the dirt. Pinball cast a malicious glare at the Red Menace in front of him. "I've killed two of you," he growled. "What's a third?

@Mars

----------------------

Fishing- 

ID# 98910 

CD: 2 (( Jesus christ im unlucky today )) 

Fished up a Loot Mob. 

-Combat- 

ID# 98910  MD: 10 (Crit+2)  (( Jesus Christ, I'm unlucky today. )) 

Red Menace attacks Pinball - 77 DMG 

-Players- 

Pinball: 299/500 HP | 50/50 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 12 DMG 

-Enemies- 

Red Menace: 250/250 HP | 75 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

He looks towards the enemy and charges up another attack trying to kill this annoying bug as he charges towards it and goes for a right hook towards its face to try and start up the sword art but the creature nimbly dodges the attack, and then quickly goes for a stab at his chest with its harden chitin. Seeing the attack coming he quickly side steps it and glances to see Pinball fighting another giant lobster as he sighs softly. Seriously what is our luck today of getting these enemies, and me having to deal with opponents that seem to be the most nimble thing on the planet. Is this the difference of tier two and one sort of mobs that players can fight, or is it just an off day of a series of events. he says slightly bitterly to himself.

#98937  BD:1  MD:1 (don't worry my luck is on point also Pinball)

@Benjamin Bookworm

players:

Mars: 460/460  ENG:27/46

enemies:

Edited by Mars

Benjamin headed down to the rocks around the shore around the lake, keeping an eye on the monsters that his friends were fighting.  It seemed they were having a lot of trouble landing their hits.  Looks like you guys will be busy for a while with those guys.  I'm going to go scout around the caves down here and see what I can find. he said as he climbed down the slope that led down to the lake's edge.  Usually these hard to reach areas had some things to scrounge up- sometimes a chest, sometimes some extra materials.  He hopped down into some of the rocks in the shallow end, hoping that the monsters were too busy with Pinball to even glance his way.  Down there, he saw that behind the rocks there was some sort of cave.  Uh, guys, looks like I might have found one of those sub-dungeons.  I can mark it down on a map for later... I don't really think we have the consumables or the group to start searching something like that right now. 

Spoiler

Searching for sub-dungeon roll ID 98938
Loot die - 16+4 = 20
Found intermediate dungeon!  (Uses T2 dungeon map to record it)

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Pinball took notice of his enemy's position, so he moved accordingly, spacing himself out just enough where he can get a good running start without giving the monster enough to determine his attack path. Pinball spear glowed, intense color enveloping the weapon. Dimension Stampede had activated, and Pinball let it loose. He rushed forward, his spear gaining a chilly aura as he ran. "Yes! Finally!" His spear had finally pulled through. Freeze had activated. The Red Menace scuttled backwards, raising a claw and swiping at the boy from a horizontal angle. Instinctively, Pinball planted the butt of his weapon to the ground, and pushed. The momentum carried him off the ground and into the air, the pole-vaulting teenager getting a clear shot at its head. He let out a loud laugh as his Sword Art collided with the thick shell of the Red Menace. After it was all said and done, Pinball took a step back to admire his handiwork. "Nice," he grinned, leaning against his spear. Don't go for an overkill, now. Preserve your energy. 

@Mars

--------------------------------

-Combat- 

ID# 98942  BD: 9 (Crit+1) MD: 7-3= 4 (Miss)  

Red Menace attacks Pinball - Miss

Phase Activates! - N/A

Pinball attacks Red Menace - Dimension Stampede 

12+1= 13*15 = 195 DMG 

Freeze Activates! 

<< -17 EN >> 

-Players- 

Pinball: 299/500 HP | 33/50 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 12 DMG 

-Enemies- 

[FROZEN] Red Menace: 55/250 HP | 75 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

He charges towards the enemy and starts punching the creature over and over again with unrelenting fury until it shatters into absolutely nothing as he takes a calming breathe and then sits down on the ground to recover some energy from all of this. he then glances towards his partner and sees him destroying the enemy and laughs ab it at that. Nice hit Pinball! he calls over to his rival and gets up off the ground and glances towards Benjamin and gives a nod with a small smirk. Nice job also on your end Benjamin what level is the dungeon by the way? One of the weaker dungeons, the more intermediate, or the strongest form of the dungeons? he asks the scarf wearing player with a bit of curiosity at how strong the dungeon is.

#98943 BD:7  9x11=99

#98944   LD:12 CD:3  2 T2 materials   690 COL

players:

Mars: 460/460  ENG:18/46

enemies:

Ant warrior: 0/230  DMG:69

-Loot Pool- 

5760 COL,  38 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Mars

It's definitely more dangerous than a usual dungeon... intermediate, I would say.  Without preparation, it's going to be too big for us now.  And would probably be better if we got a full group anyways. Ben answered as he started climbing back up to the shore.  He grabbed a few of the pieces of moss as he climbed up, adding them to the stocks that they had already collected.  They had a good amount of items so far.  So how's it going with the ants and stuff over there?  Are you both doing all right with the enemies you're taking on?  Ben knew they weren't having any trouble, but if he could help speed things up then that would be a good thing.  He didn't have anything that would help out with low energy as of yet, but a little break could help everyone out when it came time to it. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 98951
Loot die 16+4=20, craft die 8
Found 3 materials

-Loot Pool- 

5760 COL,  41 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables

Pinball took one last look at the frozen Red Menace, ice coating the insect lobster thing. It was helpless as it struggled to break free from the ice that confined it, and, truth be told, Pinball felt quite bad. He took a couple of steps back, giving himself just enough room so that he could finish the creature off. He leveled his spear, the weapon glowing with the activation of a Sword Art. He had learned not to waste his energy on a killing shot. Instead, he used an Art that would just kill it normally, with relatively weak attack that barely had any real energy cost. In fact, he thought, I don't think I've even used this one before. He had always jumped for the arts that would end the fight as quickly as possible, only ever using a weaker Sword Art if his energy reserves demanded it. Pinball watched Zomekko surround his weapon, and Pinball let loose Fatal Thrust - a single, powerful stab. The ice shattered the moment his blade touched the monster, and the particles of ice were soon followed by the translucent shards of the dead Menace. Pinball frowned, noticing the nonexistant reward. "Lame," he mumbled. 

----------------------------

-Combat- 

ID# 98952  BD: 3+3 = 6 (Hit) 

Pinball attacks Red Menace - Fatal Thrust

12*3 = 36+24 Frz = 60 DMG 

Freeze Activates! 

<< -3 EN / +1 EN >> 

-Players- 

Pinball: 299/500 HP | 31/50 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 12 DMG 

-Enemies-

Red Menace: 0/250 HP | 75 DMG 

- LOOTING - 

ID# 98953  LD: 1  CD: 11 

Nothin'.

Edited by Pinball

He relaxes as he look over towards benjamin and nod his head in understanding. In truth though myself and Pinball are a small but strong unit together, and could most likely handle the dungeon with ease. However, the only thing preventing us at this moment would be insufficient preparation of such a thing to be able to properly beat a full dungeon. he says with a small shrug rather confident with the combined efforts of the two fighters that the duo could beat the mobs within the dungeon if given enough time to try and attempt doing so. If anything they could just bring a healer just to be safe for the most part, and even bring benjamin for his ability to aid in finding chests and such along the way for the group. Not really relying upon the scarf wearing boy for combat since he seems to have invested more so in being a scout.

-Loot Pool- 

6510 COL,  41 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables

@Benjamin Bookworm