[PP-F11] Gathering we will go.

Well, I could have a few potions prepped fairly quickly if we want to try it out.  I should have my first aid skill leveled enough to keep everyone healthy.  Benjamin said as he checked the rocks on the shore once more.  This part of the lake seemed to be just teeming with materials for him to pick up.  I'm not sure what we would need, exactly, for a fight like that.  I could have a couple damage potions of at least rare quality, and some mitigation ones as well just in case.  I don't usually bother with over-health potions since you can get those items from merchants that are almost as good for extra health.  Is there anything else that you guys think we would need for something like that?  he asked with growing curiosity.  He hadn't been in one of the sub-dungeons before, and it sounded exciting to try it out. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 98959
Loot die 19+4=23, craft die 12
Found 4 materials!

-Loot Pool- 

6510 COL,  45 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After his fight with the Red Menace, Pinball looked over to Mars and Benjamin, but couldn't see them clearly. He could hear their voices echoing through the dense wood, but his vision was obscured by the thick trees and bushes of the forest. They must have gone elsewhere during his fight. He wondered if they had found anything good. Pinball fiddled with his spear for a moment, staring off into the distance, lost in thought. Being alone left Pinball with a strange feeling, but one he so believed he deserved. Turning around, Pinball walked off, putting even more distance in-between himself, Mars and Benjamin. 

He settled down on a rather fluffy patch of grass, rolling his arms. In one fluid motion, he slung his spear over his shoulder, the shaft of the weapon sliding into the leather strap. Pinball pulled out his fishing rod, and cast his line. Nearly immediatly, Pinball was met with the same quick pulling that he had experienced the last two or three times he had fished. With a sigh, Pinball leapt out of the way, avoiding the claw of the Red Menace that emerged from the water. Pinball reached for his spear, Zomekko by his side. "Jesus," he muttered. 

@Mars

-------------------------------------

ID# 98962  CD: 3  ((Mother of God)) 

Loot Mob fished up. 

-Combat- 

ID# 98962  MD: 7-3 =  4 (Miss) 

Red Menace attacks Pinball - Miss

<< +1 EN >> 

-Players- 

Pinball: 299/500 HP | 32/50 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 12 DMG 

-Enemies- 

Red Menace: 250/250 HP | 75 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

He watches as the scarf wearing boy finds more materials, and Pinball's luck continue to run rampant as another lobster monster comes from the lake as he chuckles in amusement at that fact. Well seems like Benjamin is the one allowing us to get the materials while the two of us are more so doing some COL grinding instead Pinball! he shouts over to his rival in some amusement at the expense of Pinball at his luck that seems to be doing absolutely aweful. He looks towards his energy and sighs softly at it still not being enough for his liking to help him in getting to be able to fight a creature of his own, or if need be jump in to make sure Pinball doesn't die from a few unlucky attacks towards him.

He turns towards Benjamin and nods his head. Over-health potions i will make then, we will need some damage and mitigation which i already have a few of in my possession. For other things we could need why not some toxic venom make sure things we hit could get some of that extra chip damage against them if the fight could end up being longer then expected. Finally a few safeguards are going to be necessary. Intermediate dungeons have a boss inside of it that can deal some nasty damage that could two shot us if we aren't careful, or in your case benjamin one shot you. Mars says in a very serious tone.

Ben hesitated a bit before answering, busying himself with grabbing a few more bits of material.  Well, I can try to make some of the venom additions, but those salves are really hard to get, since anything short of perfect won't work.  And because most of the other salves just wind up being used as healing salves, which don't sell well at all.  Safeguard potions I can do- or at least some.  If we go together, I can have one for everyone on the team.  Ben said as he thought about what other kind of work he would have to do with his crafts.  Planning days ahead of big fights, and weeks of making sure he always had the materials on hand, was worth it to make fights easier than it would otherwise be.  He just hoped it would be enough to see them through when they went for it, but it would not be for lack of trying on his part that it would happen. 

Spoiler

Gathering roll ID 99030
Loot die 14+4=18, craft die 3
found 2 materials

-Loot Pool- 

6510 COL,  47 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables

Pinball sighed, swinging his out of its sheathe. He was getting tired of these lobsters. If I have to fight monsters, at least throw in some variety. Or like... You know. A boss. That'd be fun. But alas, fishing seemed to rely on RNG instead of proficiency in the skill, and Pinball was notoriously unlucky. "Well," Pinball sighed, "let's get it over with." The monster would be dead in two of Pinball's attacks. How long the battle went on, however, was simply determined by how quick he was in comparison to the Red Menace -- and if Pinball was anything, he was quick. At least, he thought he was quick. Pinball rushed forward, in hopes that he gives the monster no time to react. However, an armored claw lashing out at him soiled his attempts. Pinball, in an instant, jumped to avoid the claw, narrowly making it away. He twisted in midair, landing on his two feet on the other side of the Red Menace. He took a deep breath. 

@Mars

-Combat- 

ID# 99039  BD: 1 (Critical Miss) MD: 6-3 =  3(Miss) 

Pinball attacks Red Menace - Miss

<< +1 EN/ -2 EN >> 

-Players- 

Pinball: 299/500 HP | 31/50 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 12 DMG 

-Enemies- 

Edited by Pinball

He nods his head at Benjamin's words. seems that we got things pretty much planned out for the most part. I'll get things like damage and overhealth, and mitigation. Then you can worry about such things as safeguards and poison to help boost our damage and all that. He says with a nod of his head as he then glances towards the fight that Pinball is having and waits before he would enter the fight. Figuring he will give his Rival one shot at that short of things. if he gets hit then he will just enter the fight with his strongest sword art to help make sure he doesn't die do to some stray lobster causing him problems. For the meantime he just sits on the ground and waits for his energy to hit back to full as he glances towards his familiar that looks absolutely bored from having nothing to do of its own.

Ben nodded, taking a mental count of what he had in his inventory.  The poisons were always a problem, but he was going to have plenty of materials after today to work with.  It would be fine.  Sounds like a plan guys.  Once we finish up with these mobs, I'll be able to make the last few items for the trip.  We have plenty of materials to work with after the haul today.  he said as he checked around the next few patches of bushes.  It was a good amount they were getting- he was really glad that he had such luck so far.  It looks like Pinball fished up another lobster to fight with.  I suppose this is one of the reasons that I didn't pick up fishing and went with gathering instead.  That's a lot of enemies to fight for a few materials.  Ben commented to Mars, a little concerned at how many of those darn things were in the lake. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 99043
Loot die 14+4=18, craft die 2
Found 2 materials

-Loot Pool- 

6510 COL,  49 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables

Pinball, without wasting a second moment, went for an immediate follow up. He wanted to finish this fight quickly, what with his poor luck and repeated fishing up of the Red Menace. His spear glowed with the activation of Dimension Stampede, and Pinball grit his teeth. This was the last time he'd be able to use Stampede, he knew, painfully aware of the drop in his energy. He had another, weaker sword art that was still powerful by most people's standards that was more than enough to finish the fight. Pinball wasn't sure if he wanted to shoot for an overkill. Sadly for him, with all this thinking during his fight, the lobster managed to snap his leg with a claw, locking him in place. It squeezed. Pinball growled, struggling to pull his leg free. He placed the butt of his spear against the lobster, and pushed. His leg was yanked free, now covered in glowing, red gashes. 

----------------------------------------------

-Combat- 

ID# 99045  BD: 7+3= 10 (Hit) MD: 9 (Crit+1) 

Red Menace attacks Pinball - 76 DMG 

Pinball attacks Red Menace - Dimension Stampede 

12*15= 180 DMG 

<< +1 EN / -17 EN >> 

-Players- 

Pinball: 223/500 HP | 15/50 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 12 DMG 

-Enemies- 

Red Menace: 70/250 HP | 75 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

Mars chuckles ever so slightly at Benjamin's words and shakes his head. Trust me this is not he usual amount we have had to deal with. this is a lot more loot mobs then what we're use to fighting. Usually it is only one or two we have to face. You'd be surprised how it is usually only boss fish we have to fight rather then these weak little fish mobs he keeps fishing up. At the very least they are serving as a method to get a nice amount of COL for this day of adventuring. he says with a nod of his head before dashing forward and activating acupuncture as he goes to strike the lobster. He strikes the mob hard over and over till it shatters into just flat out nothing as he glances back towards his ally. So then do you even have your evasion equipment equipped Pinball? You keep getting hit by these weak little fish. Mars says in a rather amused tone of voice.

99046  BD:10  12x9=the mob is dead all the heck.  -10 ENG

#99047  LD:15 CD:10 T2 rare shield/armor    2T2 craft materials 750 COL

-Loot Pool- 

7260 COL,  51 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables, Rare T2 unidentified armor/shield

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Mars

Yea, it would be bad if you had to deal with this many fish every time.  But it's still more than I want to deal with on my walks.  Ben said as he finished stripping the nearby bushes of their berries.  He had been getting a lot of good finds in the area, and it was starting to add up.  Now he just needed to broaden his search a bit more.  I'm going around the outside of the lake, seeing if there's any other treasure chests that have washed up here as well.  For some reason there's a lot of them around lakes and other bodies of water, for whatever reason at all  he said as he glanced over at the latest defeated lobster that Mars and Pinball took out.  They hadn't gotten too many good drops from the monsters yet, but hopefully one of the armors that they found would turn out to be something special.  It was unfortunate that they couldn't find out what they were until they paid to have them checked. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 99049
Loot die 19, craft die 3
Found 2 materials

-Loot Pool- 

7260 COL,  53 T2 material,  Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Rare] T2 consumables, Rare T2 unidentified armor/shield

"Sh-shut up!" He mumbled, looking back at the lake. He swung his spear over his shoulder, and walked over to his rod, picking the item off the ground. "I have to be cursed or something, dude," he shook his head. "I blame the spear." He sighed. "So unlucky. When did that even happen?" Truth is, Pinball had always been unlucky. Notoriously, really. Even in the real world, he had always been the victim of simple poor luck. At the wrong place at the wrong time, too late choosing something, a single point under passing on a test. Sometimes, on extremely rare occasions, Pinball did get lucky. Exceptionally so. Winning a weapon, fishing up a chest. Only to find out there was some kind of twisted catch. The weapon he won was cursed, the chest turns out to be a mimic. He sighed, taking a step closer to the water, and cast his line. "This is my last try. Please, God, have mercy." The moment he spoke those words, a giant lobster burst forth from the water, claws snapping as it crawled onto shore. "Are... Are you [CENSORED] KIDDING ME?!" Pinball easily avoided the Red Menace's attack. He was low on energy, so he looked over to Mars. With a small, defeated whimper, he spoke. "Help me out here?
@Mars

------------------------------------------------

ID# 99050  CD: 3 

Fishing - Loot Mob rolled. 

-- Combat -- 

ID# 99050  MD: 3 - 3 = 0 (Miss) 

<< +1 EN >> 

-Players- 

Pinball: 223/500 HP | 16/50 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 12 DMG 

-Enemies- 

Edited by Pinball

He just chuckles at the defeated words of his Rival and pats him gently on the back. You're just having a off day don't worry about it. He says trying to cheer him up since he figures it can't happen again back to back. That so far there has only been a mob then a material gain then another one. At the words of last try and seeing another one fished up he just laughs for a bit and then nods his head while having a hand against his leg. Having bent forward from laughter as he takes a deep breathe to calm himself. jeez Pin twice back to back. Guess it is up to me then to punish this mob. Mars says with a grin as he charges forward and punches the giant lobster against the ground flattening out its HP down into the yellow almost with just a singular strike. he then kicks off of the fish and lands on the ground with a grin on his face at his success of the strike. Well you're up Pinball don't miss the target ok? He says jokingly.

#99054  BD:7+3=10   11x15=165 DMG

-Players- 

Pinball: 223/500 HP | 16/50 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 12 DMG 

Mars: 460/460  ENG: 20/46

-Enemies- 

Red Menace: 135/250 HP | 75 DMG 

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Mars

Ben gave a chuckle as he saw both Mars and Pinball working on another lobster.  This lake must be full of them.  Hey, see if any of those things drop a shell or something.  They'll be good once we cook them up, and we have plenty of them to choose from! he jested as he crept around the lake shore, looking around for anything that seemed out of place.  Near another outcropping of rocks, and hidden partially by the tides, he found the second chest for this trip.  The way down was slippery, but it would be passable.  Ah, another chest.  This really was a good spot for hunting for materials in- I'll go grab it while you two finish up.  With that, Ben started making hi way down the slope.  He would soon find out what other goodies were there for him to grab once he opened it up. 

Spoiler

Search for a treasure chest Roll ID 99066
Loot die 19+4= 23!  Found a treasure chest!

Pinball shook his head. "I'm done with fishing, dude," he grumbled, pulling out his spear. He was going to kill this thing. He was going to use up all of his energy, in a spectacular overkill. Was it really overkill, with only this much health left? He didn't know. He did not really care, either. Pinball's spear glowed with the activation of a Sword Art. " 'Ere we go!" Pinball rushed the creature, jumping entirely over a claw swipe. "Aaaaaand, goodnight," he laughed, Dimension Stampede annihilating the monster completely. He stood in the death spot of the monster, turning back to Mars as he slung his spear back across his back. He tallied up the rewards, and told Mars what they had gotten, adding it to the total loot pool. With that, he started walking back to where he had last seen Benjamin, his hands in his pockets, Zomekko trailing behind him. He wasn't in the mood to fish anymore. He'd take a break, if they didn't leave soon. 

@Mars

-Combat- 

ID# 99067  BD: 5+3= 8 (Hit) MD: 7-3= 4 (Miss) 

Pinball attacks Red Menace - Dimension Stampede

12*15 = 180 DMG 

<< +1 EN / -17 EN >> 

- Looting - 

ID# 99068  LD: 18  CD: 7 

• 2 T2 Materials 
  • 2 Uncommon T2 Consumables 

-Players- 

Pinball: 223/500 HP | 0/50 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 12 DMG 

Mars: 460/460  ENG: 20/46

-Enemies- 

Red Menace: 0/250 HP | 75 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

successful day i would say myself Pinball. Lots of materials, lots of money. We made a pretty good round of things we could get, and who knows maybe we will be lucky and have Benjamin willing to go to a tier three floor later so we can try to get even more loot prepared for ourselves in tier three to test our luck with RNG chances of getting a unique from a merchant identification. Mays says with a nod of his head towards his ally as he walks over towards benjamin who managed to find a treasure chest once more surprisingly. 'Seems like having search is rather useful. I will definitely put that in my skill slots once i am good and ready to do so. I can see the usefulness of it in all of its loot gaining potential.' he thinks to himself in amusement and a bit of excitement imagining all the loot he can get from mobs and treasure chests alike.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Mars

Ben popped open the chest, finding another trove of items for them to split.  All right, looks like we got some more stuff in this one.  I guess we have a pretty good haul so far.  Um, we just have to decide who gets what from the unidentified things.  I'm not really too concerned about the consumables, but I can try and split the rest as evenly as possible.  Unless there's something in there that you guys are looking for in here?  I really wish we could find out what each of these things actually had before we split them. Ben said as he packed away the extra items.  It looked like everyone was getting ready to pack it in for today, and they should probably figure out how to split everything.  No sense in letting someone feel snubbed if they got the wrong loot.  I'd be willing to try a tier three floor if you guys are along too.  I mean, it would be good to get some higher tier items, and there's always teleportation crystals if things get really hairy, right? 

Spoiler

Opening a chest roll ID 99095
Loot die 20!!
Found 8 materials, 2 rare consumables, perfect armor/shield, 1650 col

-Loot Pool- 

9660 COL,  63 T2 material,  2 Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 4 [Rare] T2 consumables, Rare T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Uncommon] T2 consumables

Pinball finally finished his walk over to Benjamin, where he stopped, shoving his hands in his pockets. His spear, slung across his shoulder, stuck high above his head. It snagged on some branches, and Pinball had to kind of wiggle his way out of it. "Well, uh," he began. "I guess this is where we start splitting everything up." He sent everything he himself earned to Benjamin, and then shrugged, a sheepish smile plastered on his face. "I'll let you guys decide. I'm no good with math 'n' stuff." Pinball, honestly, would be willing to sacrifice a good chunk of his share of col for one of the unidentified armors. But, he would hold his tongue. However they decided to split it, he would go with it without complaint. He had had a wonderful, albeit frustrating time, and they had managed to rack up quite the good amount of col. Pinball stood aside. "I'm no good with making decisions, either," he admitted with a laugh. He took a few steps back, waiting to receive his share of the profits.

Mars looks between the two as he sends what he got also towards benjamin with a nod of his head. What i want is plain and simple COL and materials. I need t oget back to making alchemist potions. My store of materials is not very useful for the tier i am at so having some tier two's in my stock will be a blessing. Also, who can say no to COL when it is what makes the world go round you know? He says with a grin on his face at the thought of that as he looks towards the two players having said his piece of what he wants. letting the rest be sorted out between the the two as far as he is concerned. If he ends up with something that the two won't want then that is just some free COL he can make by selling it towards a merchant to try and increase the amount he can spend when he will be forced to buy new gear as he upgrades in tiers.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Ben nodded as well.  Yea, I simply can't afford to have lots of things identified- I don't really have a way to farm for col too often.  Plus the only type of armor I would look for is one with life mending- and that's just super rare.  It's still a disappointment to just scrap so many good armors though.  He picked his way through the bushes as he headed back to the make ship camp they had made, and looked around to make sure they didn't miss anything.  OK, so how about we head on back to town, and we can split everything there?  I think we figured out who gets what, so I'm going to start heading that way.  Last chance to say anything about the split- or if someone wants to pay some col for the unidentified stuff I'm going to be getting.  I'd take whatever it would normally go for as scrap if one of you want it.

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 99244
Loot die 7+4=11, nothing

-Loot Pool- 

9660 COL,  63 T2 material,  2 Perfect T2 unidentified armor/shield, 4 [Rare] T2 consumables, Rare T2 unidentified armor/shield, 2 [Uncommon] T2 consumables

Pinball watched the two converse a bit, nodding only when they decided it was time to go. Pinball started making his way back to town, silent, for the most part, going over in his head what he'll buy or do with his share of the loot they had procured. Thinking back on it, he became more and more suspicious of his late string of bad luck. It sucked, really. Pinball had been hoping to fish up at least one treasure chest during their time out on the lake. Sadly enough, he had fished up loot mob after loot mob, and suffered hit after lucky hit. Pinball shook his head. If he was so unlucky where he got hit more often than not, was dodging really his thing? There's a sore lack of tanks in the game, and with Pinball's luck, he might excel in that field. Nah, he thought, and kept walking. 

After they made it back to the town, he turned to the others. "Well," he began, "I guess this is where we take our shares and then go our separate ways."