[OP-F7] Material Hunt, Part I

Vigilon walked outside his shop, and sighed. "I'm going to need a ton of materials for the long run, especially when I open my shop." He thought for a moment, then decided to go on a long-term gathering trip. It would take three days total, each day on a different floor. Today should be on this floor, to gather tier one materials, and because he was already in it, so, convenience. He made the minor trek over to Nimbus, and thought about if he should go alone or have a few friends along. "Nah, I can't just go alone. Introvert or no, it wouldn't hurt for me to hang out with others as I go, and possibly make a few friends too." He thought for a minute, then got an idea. He walked over to the bulletin board, wrote something on a sheet of paper, and posted it onto the board:

"If anyone is running low on materials, or is bored and looking for something to do, I'll be around the forest nearest to Nimbus, looking for materials. I intend to scour the wilds of three different floors for materials if you don't mind joining me, even if it's just for this floor. ...And no need to worry about any monsters, I'm sure I can handle them if they swing by. Maybe.

-Vigilon, Future Leader of the Rising Dragons"

Happy with his posted work, he then started towards the forest, where he would begin his search.

Ben saw the bulletin that Vigilon had posted- his alchemy cart was in the same town square, so he usually saw the posts as they were made.  He closed up his shop for the day, and quickly caught up to Vigilon in the woods.  He did make a stop to grab a few herbs from the side of the road, adding them to his inventory.  No sense in wasting them. 

Hey Vigilon!  I saw your post on the board, and I came down here to see if I could help out.  he called out as he approached the area he was in.  So do you know if you're expecting a lot of other players?  Because the last time a big bulletin event started it got... crowded and had a lot of them distracted by their own things.  And I'm really hoping you have a plan to just go searching instead- because I'm always going to be short if I want to craft every day, and I'm sure everyone else would to if they wanted to put in that much effort. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 96243
Loot die 13+3=16, craft die 3
Found 2 materials

Krysta was walking in the rocky fields of the seventh floor, when she heard a familiar voice, on that she had heard a few days ago. "Darn it, the trail ends here..." Krysta walked over to the player dressed as an explorer. "Hello again, Mitria! Thanks for the bits of info about my familiar earlier!" The safari gear-clad woman looked at Krysta, same with her familiar, her owl, Alya. "Oh hello again, Krysta! Perky as ever, I see." The owl on Mitria's shoulder spun it's head around clockwise, as she often did. Krysta looked to the forest and asked, "Do you think there could be anything hiding there?" "Hmm, I don't really think so, besides the occasional chest, that is." "Well, there are always materials, right?" She started for the forest, looking around for anything useful once she was inside. She found a cotton plant, and retrieved the material from it, Mitria arriving after. "Hey now, I was going to say something. I don't suppose you've seen a large black dragon, have you?" Krysta looked at her as she continued on. "Oh, if you're looking for Bruniikahrel, he's already dead. Dealt the final blow myself. I couldn't have done it without a few friends, though..." She noticed two familiar faces on the horizon, and headed over to them. "Benjamin! Alex! how are you two?" Mitria followed her, and noticed the other two players. "These two friends of yours, Krysta?"

@Vigilon @Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 96251 LD: 19+3=22(+1 T1 Mat)

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon had gone deep enough into the forest to begin his search. However, before he could get started, Benjamin showed up. "I really don't know if many players will show up at all. Usually when I posted something on the bulletin board, either it was ignored, or word would be spread about it, with zero response. Yes, I do intend to search for materials, and primarily that. I've been running low on materials as of late, and I figured I would take a three-day trip to gather as many as I could. However, rather than being stuck around here for too long, I've got a goal in mind before I call it a day." Although he usually posted on the bulletin board in hopes of finding potential allies, which was the one to usually get no response, he did have other thoughts than just that. This day would be a good example. He'd also learned from his mistakes, so he wouldn't go posting on the bulletin board for what he first tried with it. Krysta came around, with someone else following her. "I'm doing all right, Jewel, how are you?"  He looked to the other player, who had an owl on her shoulder. "Well, I'd say Krysta and I are at least a bit more than just friends...and you are?"

@Krysta @Benjamin Bookworm

Ben shifted a bit uncomfortably when he saw Krysta approaching.  He had been teaming up with Dazia a few times, and knew that her and Krysta hated each other.  She hopefully hadn't heard about that yet though.  Hi again Krysta!  Good to see a familiar face.  And a new friend as well. he addressed the girl following her here.  Hey there, I'm Benjamin.  Good to see some more players out here.  I'm always of a mind that the more crafted items we have for everyone to use, the better it will be for everyone.he said with his usual awkward smile. 

He then turned to Vigilon Three days, huh?  That might be a bit much for me- I have a few more quests to get to, and I'm hoping to pretty soon get some tier 2 items in my shop.  Probably won't get any in time to send some to the frontliners' next boss fight, but it'll be good to have some profitable items ready sooner. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 96335
Loot Die Roll - 6+3=9, nothing

@Krysta @Vigilon

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Dazia had already been planning to see what the forests of the seventh floor had, so the only thing she did when she noticed what he'd put up, was roll her eyes and move along. "I swear, he's only getting desperate..." Yinangi had read it too, and wondered aloud, "Could there already be some people over there in the forest, tagging along with him?" "Most likely, so we better head over if we're going to find anything before they're all taken." With that, the two quickened their pace. She needed to become stronger in this game, and step up her game in all this training, for plenty of other players were already becoming stronger by the day. She eventually spotted some players, but she walked the other way, through the undergrowth, since Princess was there, and Dazia wasn't looking forward to any arguments and/or quarrels today. As she was going through the floor's native flora, she might as well see if there is anything concealed within. Seeing that there didn't seem to be anything, she just moved on, thinking that this area was already sacked of the type of materials she crafted with.

ID# 96488 LD: 2(Failed)

Edited by Dazia

Mitria seemed to notice that the shorter boy and Krysta knew each other by different names, possibly their real ones. This did seem to support his words that he and Krysta were at least a bit more than friends... "My name's Mitria, I'm an explorer of the wilds of Aincrad! I'm not really into fighting, just enough to get by the occasional dangers. However, I am fairly good in finding items and secrets... Speaking of which, I'll be honest, Krysta, I thought I misheard you there. Did you say you killed the dragon?" Krysta turned to the woman. "Sure did, but not without help." Mitria paused, and then said, "So that explains why the trail had a dead end right out in the open... I honestly thought the beast was still out there, but oh well..." "What had your interest regarding the terrible brute?" "Bit hard to explain, but I started on his trail as soon as I left his nest." "His...what?" "Yup, he had a nest, all right. saw the area before, actually. Must be some kind of event, since while the dragon was asleep, the open space in the area was far too narrow for anyone to get through, no matter how small, and if one was to try breaking the stones to make a larger entrance, well, you'd only get the words 'immortal object' to appear, but by the looks of it, it was only temporary, for when I was there last, the entrance was significantly bigger, and appeared to have been blown from some force from the inside..." As Krysta listened to Mitria's explanation, she looked for any materials that could be found. There didn't seem to be anything around. Yolviinsil rested contentedly on Krysta's shoulder. "In that case, the stones guarding the entrance must become vulnerable when the beast awoke." "Exactly! I also have reason to believe that there is a dragon with a similar nest on every floor that has a number which is a multiple of seven, meaning that the first one, Bruniikahrel, would be found on this floor, and the next one would be sighted at floor fourteen, the next at the twenty-first floor, and so on..." It seemed that Mitria would speak of this topic for a bit...

ID# 96504 LD: 3+3=6(Failed)

Edited by Krysta

(OOC: Dagnabit the material quest was not only unexpected, but I'd already started this thread and set a tough goal for myself dagnabit... Also, Benjamin, I assumed your character was talking to Vigilon, and that the mention of Pinball was a typo.)

Benjamin shared his thoughts on what Vigilon had said. "Yeah, I agree. I was planning on one day per tier. I might not be capable of dealing with the fearsome creatures on the highest floors and delving into their labyrinths, but I can still support the frontliners with quality gear...depending on my success rate. Either way, I don't know how long it'll take me, and I might not even reach my goal, but I'm aiming for at least twenty materials per floor." The explorer woman introduced herself, and seemed to be a scout of sorts, based on what she said. She brought up the topic of Bruniikahrel as Vigilon made another search. There didn't seem to be any half-buried chunks of ore, but one thing that was certain was that he turned back to the explorer player as soon as she mentioned Bruniikahrel's "Nest". "Um, I don't necessarily think dragons have 'nests', per se, more like dens or something like that, but..." Mitria's explanation continued. "So there are more of these dragons around Aincrad... huh. I never expected that, honestly. I guess it means we may have to be careful around the fourteenth and twenty-first floors, in case any of their dragons are rampaging about..."

@Benjamin Bookworm @Krysta

ID# 96572 LD: 4+1=5(Failed)

Edited by Vigilon

(OOC: Yes, it's daytime.)

Mitria continued her explanation with the nest. "So, anyway, within the nest, or den, as you have called it, had some intriguing lore written on it's walls. Bruniikahrel was one of fourteen dragons. Since he is dead, though, there are only thirteen left. They lay asleep in their homes, awaiting for the right moment, and then they strike unexpectedly. I know these dragons as the 'Dragons of the Seventh Order', for a few reasons, one of them being that there is one for every seven floors...." Krysta was going to go back to just looking for materials, in case Mitria was unwilling to stop her explanation, when she heard something. "Wait, what was that?" She ran towards the sound, a hand on her rapier just in case. She spotted a peculiar figure with a mask, and approached slowly, a hand still on her rapier, ready to draw it out just in case. "...Who might you be, trying to hide in the shadows like that?"

ID# 96601 LD: 8(Found Nevermore IV)

@Nevermore IV

Edited by Krysta

Benjamin listened in, hearing about the dragons.  Well, I guess that means that there are the possibilities for a lot of dragon fights in the future, with that many to start with.  I had thought that there were dragon hunting quests that went up and down the first ten floors too.  Are those different than the one you faced? he asked, curious about some of the upcoming quests.  He had been meaning to get to those sooner or later.  Actually he had a lot of quests to get to sooner or later, really. 

So you're trying for twenty materials then?  That sounds like a pretty good goal.  I'll see how many I can grab in that time as well- hopefully it'll be enough to level me up a few times in my crafting.  Once I get a new familiar to help me, it'll be a big run of items coming out of my workshop. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 96604
Loot die - 4+3=7, nothing (again)

Dazia slowly moved through the undergrowth, as to not draw too much attention to herself, should Princess notice, despite the distraction from the woman she was talking to. Soon, Princess had heard something, and Dazia stopped, thinking she'd been noticed. However, when Princess ran in a different direction, Dazia breathed out in a sigh of relief, and began to wonder, just what unlucky person could have been spotted by Princess? So far, she had only few enemies, including Dazia. Yinangi leaned over to her ear and said, "Go on ahead if you're worried about Princess. I should be fine for now." "You're certain about this? Remember last time you went on your own?" "Pah, that'll never happen more than once, after I gave that jerk a taste of my fists." Dazia looked back to where Princess had gone, then looked to Yinangi again. "Fine, but we'll have to meet up at the center of the forest. Be sure to follow your map if possible." Dazia rushed across the path of the forest, and dove into the undergrowth in the other side. She began to look through the undergrowth as she made her way throughout this area of the forest. Still nothing. Yinangi walked close and began to watch the other players carefully, wondering what would happen next.

ID# 96749 LD: 13(Failure)

Edited by Dazia

Vigilon was hearing more of Mitria's explanation, as if she wasn't intending to stop. She must have known a lot, or found a lot from the den. Either way, she'd probably be decent at the very least in regards to explorations and such(In the real world). He decided to return to his search for materials as he listened. He found a half-buried chunk of ore in the ground, and unearthed it, with some difficulty, as usual. When he was finished snagging the material, and stashing it into his inventory, he heard Krysta say, "Wait, what was that?" Vigilon looked, and saw that Krysta was rushing in blindly towards whatever she heard. "Uh oh..." He followed her to assure that nothing would happen to his girlfriend. He saw a dark figure that somehow distorted the lighting and the air around(Must have been some vanity effect from one of the things he had equipped), that wore a plague doctors mask, as if it was to make himself appear ominous. Krysta must have asked who or what he was, for he uttered some disturbing words. He said he was the Raven, Nevermore, cloak of night. "Nah, that can't possibly be true...perhaps he meant a crow or something. If anyone I know is even close to that...yeah, it's Dazia who is a raven...Ravens do what they need to survive, and while crows are known to be similar scavengers, they are involved in all sorts of folklore involving death and bad omens..."

@Krysta @Benjamin Bookworm

@Nevermore IV

ID# 96790 LD: 18+1=19(+1 T1 Mat)

Materials collected/Material goal: 1/20

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon arrived at the scene when the player Krysta had approached stepped into the light. He said he was "The Raven", "Nevermore, The Cloak of Night". That sounded ominous, and nothing good. Perhaps she would try to see what that meant. Was this player among those with the darkness, only has yet to commit a crime? His cursor was green, so he hadn't committed any crimes worth fighting over as of yet. This player could also be one that hid from everything, but was around for the loot and materials. One that merely stuck to the shadows, and little else. The latter would be tolerable. Mitria's explanation had indeed been interrupted, but what was going on had brought her towards Krysta, and upon sight of the ominous figure, she stepped back suddenly. "Oh!" Krysta backed up a step, but she still had a hand on the hilt of her rapier, just in case there was a sudden move against any of the players around.

@Vigilon

@Nevermore IV

Ben sighed.  No matter what kind of open invitation was given, someone always had to come skulking around the shadows, being suspicious.  Why couldn't everyone just come outside, say 'Hi, how's everyone doing?' and just see what's going on.  Nope, we have to have drama in the treeline.  Every single time.  He watched as Vigilon and Krysta went over to see what was happening, and decided that he would get some searching done while they were looking into that.  Cool guys- I'll be over here checking for some materials.  See you when you find whatever is out there.  He knew there was a chance that something dangerous might be out there, but honestly if there were any groups looking to cause trouble, there would probably be too many players at this spot.  In fact, there were so many players here he wasn't having any luck on finding any materials while he was at it. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 97111
Loot Die - 3+3= 6, nothing