[PP-F8] An Ally in the Shadows <<Feeding The Enemy>>

Evening in Aincrad was already coming upon her. Dazia began walking toward the safe zone's edge, wondering if there would be another fateful night, but with a better outcome. "Yinangi, why don't you sit this little venture out? I'm not sure the night will be peaceful for you whatsoever." "Hmm, let me think... Pfff, nah, I'm too curious at the moment." Dazia sighed. "Then if something happens to you, it'll be your fault. Got it?" Someone came near to Dazia. "Hello there, miss. Perhaps you might like another companion for your exploits?" Dazia looked at the NPC who had just arrived. "...I'm not sure an elderly woman would fare so well out there in the night." "Ohoho, not me, silly! I was speaking of a tamable monster..." The NPC explained a valuable secret about taming monsters, then walked away, leaving Dazia there with a quest notification. She looked at Yinangi. "That was useful information, but rather unexpected." "Maybe you should get some help. I'm sure I know a few players who could help..." Yinangi replied with a wink. "...No." "Oh, really?" "I'm not sure Benjamin is into going out at night..." "It's worth a shot." "....Fine." She pulled up her messenger, and decided to message two players.

@Benjamin Bookworm, @Vigilon,

I have been approached by an NPC, and now I have a quest that involves finding a familiar. Meet me at floor 8.

-Dazia

She knew that although the moon was risen at this point, and it shone over the wilds, the search would be far from easy. To make things a bit easier for herself, she pulled out one of the food items she received by killing Wardege. It was two halves of an apple, with jam in place of the apple core. For a dead guy, he was a fair cook.

@Lee

- Jam-filled Apple

Dazia has received a +1 to LD for remainder of thread.

<<Nighttime Effect Active: -1 to Visibility>>

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lee would take a a pause from his wandering to look down at his familiar, a small boar that roamed at his side. He would crouch down and rub the bottom of the chin on the tiny creature. He would then, with his free hand, open up his menu and haphazardly flick through the options, not really aiming for anything in particular. He would let out a sigh as he would close the menu and stroke his chin in though though it wasn't too long before he heard the on goings of two female players. They were approached by a non-playable character and it would seem that it was the one for the familiar quest. An eyebrow would raise as he would look up at the night sky and then back to the two. He would pull himself up and nudge his small creature as if to tell her to come along as he made his way over to the two with a hand raised in greeting "Howdy, you got any idea what you might be looking for?"

Edited by Lee

Vigilon didn't know whether to return to his shop or do something else as the sunset was finishing up. Of course, conveniently a message just so happened to pop up. It was from Dazia. "Floor 8, huh? Well, I guess I should- Wait, a familiar?? I never thought she'd ever consider it! Well, at first, but well, whaddya know." He headed over to the teleport gate, and was on his way to the settlement of Florentia. He began looking for the various exit points of the settlement, and found two familiar faces, one of which he didn't expect, as a twelve-year old would normally be going home to get some rest. Clearly not Yinangi, apparently. "So, stumbled on the NPC, did you?" He looked around him. "I honestly doubt that you could find anything easily during the night, unless you're hoping for something nocturnal?" He unequipped an item that he knew had a loot enhancement, and handed it to Dazia. "I can lend you this, but since you're merely borrowing it, I'd like it back when you find your familiar."

Unequipped Karri's Fang(1 LD, 1 ACC, 1 Recovery)

Gave Karri's Fang to @Dazia to borrow

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Vigilon

Ben was surprised to see a message come in from Dazia, especially one this late.  It seemed she was going to be trying to get herself a familiar too.  He needed to get going on that quest himself actually... but for now he headed out towards the eight floor to go meet up with a friend.  He dragged himself out of bed, and tossed his armor on before heading up to the teleporter.  He... probably got lost a few times before he managed to find his way over to where her and Yinangi were waiting.  I'm here... I'm awake... I got potions and stuff if you need it.  Just... *yawn* should have stopped for coffee first. he groggily said, looking like he barely got out of bed before coming up.  It was apparent Ben wasn't quite the night owl.  So you're looking for an animal friend to help out then?  Any particular kind you're looking for?

It wasn't long before three players had arrived. All three of the players seemed interested in what kind of familiar Dazia was thinking of. Vigilon had also noted that she wouldn't easily find a familiar at this time of night, unless the familiar was nocturnal, although sunset was about an hour ago. Vigilon handed an item over to be borrowed, which clearly meant that it had at least one enhancement related to loot. She accepted the item, and equipped it. However, it felt so unusual...almost unnatural, but maybe that was just her. Benjamin seemed to not necessarily be one for nighttime trips, by the looks of it. She turned to the player she didn't recognize. "Before I answer your question, there's something that comes first, since we haven't met yet. My name is Dazia. My only goal is to survive, by any means necessary." After the introduction to the player she didn't know, who she didn't have to be too wary about, since there were two other players who had her back if something went wrong, she turned to speak to all three of the players. "I have heard rumors of one creature in particular, and yes, Vigilon, it just so happens to be a nighttime exclusive monster. What I'm looking for is a Shadow Raven. I've heard that they can morph into shadow to prevent crashing, move along inanimate objects, and pass through living creatures, especially in an attack. When they aren't being aggressive, or taking interest in what people are doing, they can be very elusive. Once again, these are only things I've heard of, so I won't be getting my hopes up in case they actually don't exist."

@Lee @Vigilon @Benjamin Bookworm

Ben nodded groggily, wrapping his head around the task at hand.  OK, so it's a kind of raven then- that makes sense.  Any ideas on how we are supposed to find one? he said as he was thinking out loud.  I suppose they are attracted to shiney things for building their nests... or to food if we have any that they would eat.  And that is assuming they act like regular ravens from the real world, or if they have some sort of completely different types of behavior they follow.  He stiffled another yawn as he talked, trying to perk himself up a bit.  We'll, it would be interesting to find out one way or another, at any rate.  He checked his own pack while they were talking, seeing if he had anything that would help... until he remembered that alchemists couldn't make loot die items.  Well, I guess we will find out onced we get out there, right?  

Lee would listen to the woman as she would be rather straight forward of her willingness to live to which Lee would raise a brow and raise his hands "Hey, I ain't here to shank anyone so you're good. Names Lee, nice to meet you Dazia the survivor. Nice to meet you and..." He would glance to the other players and wave haphazardly to them in a greeting and would then listen as Dazia would talk about looking for a raven of sorts. "Ooooo." He would nod his head as she continued to speak of just what the creature could or should do and he would chime in after the brown haired player would ask about where they might find one. "Well, that and getting your hands on something that can do all of that sounds...interestingly difficult. Cool." He would look down to his own familiar and scratch the top of its head and then continued "As it was said, let's hope to it."

Vigilon was interested, this creature that was described seemed to be unusual, and what else besides the shadow and nocturnal thing made them different than typical ravens? "A raven, eh? I'd say it would suit you really well. I have honestly never heard of a shadow raven, but it must be an uncommon sight to be that way." Veriost was tired, and she snuggled up on top of Vigilon's shoulder and was out like a light. "To think, a raven that could pass through enemies, keep itself from crashing, and move along inanimate objects? Does that mean it would also be able to move along the ground or walls like that? It honestly sounds really cool." He stretched, so that he shouldn't have to worry about getting tired somewhere along the line of this trip, and he noticed that Veriost had fallen asleep. He didn't blame her. He also wasn't going to wake her, unless any fights came around.

@Dazia @Lee @Benjamin Bookworm

Dazia noticed how Lee seemed a little defensive towards her introduction. She also noticed that the kind of monster she would be looking for had piqued the interest of the players around. Vigilon's familiar fell asleep on his shoulder. "Hmph, seems there's more than one that isn't a night owl." Yinangi yawned and stretched. "I might not be the biggest night owl, but I have proven myself to be able to stay up longer than most my age." Dazia would simply look to her direction and say, "Honestly, Yinangi, I can never really tell if you were given freedom or were just a complete rebel back in the real world." Yinangi snickered. "Heh, rather than just telling you though, I'm gonna see if you can try and figure it out yourself!" Dazia rolled her eyes, with a half-smile on her face, then she looked towards Benjamin. "I'll admit, there are indeed chances for the creature to behave either exactly or similarly to a raven you would find in the real world, but seeing as we haven't encountered a single one yet, it just remains a possibility."

@Benjamin Bookworm @Lee @Vigilon

Well, I guess that's a good way to start planning, though we should probably be ready for just about anything. he agreed with Dazia.  He was still quite tired, but it seemed everyone else was ready to go off and get some action.  Even Yinangi was pumped up.  Though it seemed all kids had that sort of power.  So, do you have an idea of what kinds of places to start looking in?  Or, actually, do we have any supplies we need to grab before we go.  Well, you probably already thought of that, but is there anything we need to grab before we go? he asked, curious as to what kind of plan Dazia had for finding such an elusive animal.  It would be interesting to see what they would try- though he would be a little less helpful than usual with it being this late.  Definitely needed to start keeping some coffee on him if this would be a regular thing. 

Lee looked at the other players as each seemed to point toward the area of which this creature laid. It was then that he thought he had all the names of the players either by their own admission or from picking up their name from the ongoing conversation. The armored player would simply wait for things to progress from Dazia pace. He would take a minute prior in order to think and he would throw a question out to be answered. "So, do you know if this is going to involve fighting or is this more of an overall search and retrieve type deal? I'm okay with either or but it would also help to be prepared for shield bashing if we should be looking for....other things? Materials possibly?" He would lean forward to place the small boar in his arm onto the ground and he would reach around to take the shield off his back and lock it onto the back of his arm as he awaited an answer.

Surprisingly, Yinangi wasn't close to tired as Vigilon thought she would be. He heard Benjamin ask if there would be anything that was needed before they left. He assumed he was talking to Dazia, but to him, it wouldn't hurt to have a thought on the matter. "Honestly, I think we ended up unprepared here. None of us saw this coming. the only thing that could help Dazia besides non-enhanced foods that scavenging birds might like, would be items or skills that help with loot. I've given my only loot-related item that was on me for her to borrow, so there actually isn't much there. It's not impossible, but it will most likely, definitely be difficult, unless we end up with some kind of miracle that I'm sure we'll all be fine with." He turned to Lee. "Well, taming a monster isn't exactly a safe task. Krysta and I got lucky. Another player I knew fed a monster, but it didn't seem to be interested in a human friend..."

@Dazia @Benjamin Bookworm @Lee

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply, was a little busy lately... Also, I now wish I'd gone to get something that would help with the familiar search, rather than rush starting the thread...)

Dazia listened to the other players' responses and questions. "Materials are optional during the search. Not all monsters are friendly and/or tamable. There are always chances that even if the taming process is done correctly, the monster can either just leave or turn hostile. So, there may be combat, but there might not be." Yinangi pulled up her map, and pointed to a specific location on it as she said, "I've heard that the darker monsters that usually appear at night are in this area here. In the sense of distance and direction, we're lucky. It's practically right around the corner!" Dazia continued what she was saying. "I'd have to say that Vigilon's right. I didn't see this quest coming. Otherwise, I'd have started preparations for it several days ago. All we can do now is search in the section of the forest that Yinangi had mentioned earlier. It's not very far from here, so if you all want to get this done as fast as I want to, we'll leave now." Upon that, She started on the path that would soon lead to the area where there could possibly be a shadow raven.

@Benjamin Bookworm @Vigilon @Lee

All right, that sounds good for a plan.  If there is combat, I got my usual potions... though there's nothing here that would help with taming or finding things.  I suppose I'll just hang in the back and be ready to toss some healing and buffs if something nasty shows it's face.  Ben was happy to not have to do the front line thinking this late at night, though he never liked it when the stuff he made turned out to be useless for a task.  He would like to have a few items that other professions make in stock... once he got the col to buy them.  For now, it seemed like everyone was in agreement on where to go, so his main job was to not fall asleep before they got there.  Hopefully Yinangi's map would lead them to the nest right away- it would be no fun to be lost in the woods all night. 

((OOC: sorry, I misjudged and thought it was someone else's turn to post.))

Lee would look to Vigilon as he spoke about a friend of his going through the same quest and it was a mixed bag of results when it came to the quest. Dazia would then chime in that gathering materials were an optional thing that could be done. Though, Lee wasn't sure if he would want to since there were other people and he wasn't really aiming to keep anyone lagging behind. Yinangi would add a direction they should head that might hold the creature they were looking for to which Lee would nod his head in agreement. Benjamin would throw out that if they did get into some sort of scuffle, that he would hang back and aim to do the support role if it was needed. As they began to walk down the path, Lee would reach back and take hold of his shield and equip it to his arm as per the usual as he would speak. "So, any affinity toward the raven or was it a spur of the moment pick?"

Vigilon had guessed correctly. Dazia was unprepared for the quest. Yinangi had made a suggestion as to the route they would take, and the players were off into the wilds of floor eight. Vigilon stretched, then picked up his pace. Benjamin seemed to agree with the current plan for how it would go. Lee asked if there was any affinity towards the raven, or if it was just a random pick. Vigilon thought about it for approximately a minute or more, then he said, "Well...it does kind of match her personality in a way, at least, from what I've seen." He got curious about whether or not Yinangi would be interested in a familiar as well. "Say, Yinangi, if you were to find and tame a familiar, what would you want it to be?" Perhaps this child's imagination might just move things along, and keep everything from being absolutely silent and slow.

@Dazia @Benjamin Bookworm @Lee

Dazia listened carefully to what the players were saying as they walked towards their destination. Everyone was in agreement with the intended course of action. Lee asked if there was any affinity towards the raven, and Vigilon did what he could to answer it using his knowledge of her. "Close enough. I just prefer the raven, that's all." Vigilon then asked Yinangi what kind of familiar she would prefer. "That's actually an interesting question! I, uh, don't know at the moment, but now I have something to think about for this trip!" Dazia noticed that the players had reached the area. "We're here." And so the search began. Something whizzed by, and Dazia stopped suddenly. She looked around until she spotted something in the trees. The cursor above the creature turned red before Dazia even had a chance. "Yinangi, get back!" The creature spread it's wings and took flight, heading towards the party.

@Lee @Vigilon @Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 97728 LD: 8+2-1=9(Failed, Hostile mob spawned)

Dazia: HP 160/160, EP 16/16 | 14 MIT | 5 Base DMG | 2 ACC

Lee: ---

Vigilon: ---

Benjamin Bookworm: ---

Enemies:

Shadow Raven: HP 80/80, 24 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Vigilon was basically told that he was close enough when it came to the whole raven thing. Yinangi didn't really know what kind of familiar she wanted yet, but she was going to think about it. Dazia said they'd reached the destination, and it wasn't long before something showed up. Honestly, Vigilon was hoping it was a shadow raven right now. When he finally got a glimpse of the creature, it was definitely what they were looking for...but if it weren't for the cursor turning red... "Oh, come on!" Dazia told Yinangi to get back, Vigilon drew his blade. "I'll get it's attention, at the very least!" He rushed towards the hostile shadow raven. He attacked with the Sword Art, Horizontal Square, stunning the creature and knocking it to the ground. Already, it's HP was close to half. He must have gotten a good hit on it. "Right! Now we can finish it off with little worry of retaliation!"

@Lee @Benjamin Bookworm @Dazia

ID# 97924 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG)

Horizontal Square: 9x4=36

Dazia: HP 160/160, EP 16/16 | 14 MIT | 5 Base DMG

[2] Vigilon: HP 400/400, EP 38/45 | 9 MIT | 6 Base DMG | 1 EVA | 1 Bleed | 1 Recovery

Benjamin Bookworm: ---

Enemies:

Shadow Raven: HP 48/80, 24 DMG {Stunned}

Edited by Vigilon
Corrected Vigilon's stats

Ben was caught off guard a bit- he hadn't been expecting a fight, and almost dropped his daggers when the raven swooped out.  And at this time of night, he was regretting not taking the night vision mod once again.  Ah, OK!  I got it! he shouted as he dove in to attack, managing to stumble over several of the roots sticking out of the ground as he tried.  OK, I don't got it... I think it's flying your way though Lee!  Get ready to hit it.  The Raven was indeed drifting that way, still a bit wobbly from the stunning blow that it had taken.  He then backed up to where Yinangi was ducking down.  He hadn't seen the girl draw a weapon before, and wasn't sure how well she would be able to defend herself if the Raven swooped back this way.  It was best to be cautious if there was a chance of that. 

@Dazia @Vigilon @Lee

ID# 97936 BD: 3+1 = 4 (Miss)

-2 EN

[2] Vigilon: HP 400/400, EP 38/45 | 9 MIT | 7 Base DMG | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Bleed | 2 Recovery

Benjamin Bookworm: -HP 240/240, EP 22/24 | 3 Base DMG | 1 ACC | 3 EVA 

Enemies:

Shadow Raven: HP 44/80, 24 DMG {Stunned}

Lee would nod his head in agreement as he was told that it was simply alike for the bird more than anything. "That's cool, that's cool." It was then that they had found the target they were looking for. At least, for only a moment as the would be creature turned hostile and attacked the group. Vigilon would be the first to strike at the now would be monster. Then after, Benjamin would warn that the creature was heading in Lee's direction to which Lee would raise his shield. "First n foremost, I have jack for squat in terms of offense but in place of that." The armored player would let out a defiant roar and would be surrounded by a green light that would emanate forward to lock the raven's attention to him. "I've got the ability to tank." Everyone else seemed rather adept in the more damage dealing, Vigilon the most thus far.

@Dazia@Vigilon@Benjamin Bookworm

ID# -  BD: -

[3] Lee: HP 260/260, EP 16/26 | 49 MIT | 1 Base DMG | 2 Bleed | 2 Battle Healing Per Turn | 2 Thorns

[2] Vigilon: HP 400/400, EP 38/45 | 9 MIT | 7 Base DMG | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Bleed | 2 Recovery

Benjamin Bookworm: -HP 240/240, EP 22/24 | 3 Base DMG | 1 ACC | 3 EVA 

Enemies:

Shadow Raven: HP 44/80, 24 DMG {Stunned}

Edited by Lee