[OP-F2] Boss Raid Meeting

@Calrex@Heathcliff@Zandra@Ariel - The Crowned Lion@Hikoru@Macradon@Hirru@Morgenstern@Shield@Beat@Ruby@Jomei

OOC-  If any other players wish to join they are welcome to do so.  If you intend to join the boss raid this time around please attend this thread so we know.

This meeting will end on Sunday, the same day the Boss Room will be open for combat.  It's my hope that we can finish this thread before Sunday.

Itzal had sent a message out to all the players he could think of on the front lines.  Calrex for certain, although he disliked the man he invited Heathcliff.  He did want to try and bridge the gap between the players on the front lines after all.  Zandra, as he hoped she would be active in the fight, especially with her newly acquired demonic.  Ariel, despite the fact that she didn't really do anything last time.  Hikoru, hoping he work with them despite leaving the guild.  Macradon and Hirru, members of the Blood Oath.  He liked Macradon especially.  Shield and Beat, both members of the Celestial Ascendants, Beat the newest Paladin so it would be an interesting change.  Ruby, currently the only support player besides Zandra.  And then Jomei who now had his own guild.  The meeting was out in the middle of the floor where Itzal had found a curious section of land.  Basically Itzal had found a massive slate pile of stone and rubble, a huge slate of stone being a part of it.  He tilted the slate and let it drop.  It wasn't a perfect circle but it functioned well as a table none the less.  He had a few refreshments for players but overall this was strictly business.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hikoru received a ping from Itzal about a day after the events had occurred of finding the Floor Boss, and him leaving the Celestial Ascendants. It had been a hard choice for him, and he spent the night drinking and re-thinking his choice over and over again, but in the end he knew that it was bound to happen one way or another. He went to bed that night with a clear conscience, and awoke with the same mindset. He felt that things would turn out better now that he was truly free. Although, he had mostly been free even with his time as a Paladin. He had nothing to feel like he needed to feel obligated to do however, no longer needing to really check with his Info Broker's about information of the frontliners. But it had become so normal of him, that he still knew he would check in. He appeared on the 2nd Floor, going to the area where they had decided to meet. He looked at Itzal and gave him a nod, then took a small drink and went towards the darker part of the area, where he stood and waited for things to unfold

Today was a interesting day, she had spent most of her time setting up her store, however she had received a message saying that they had found the boss door and that they we're doing the meeting now, Ruby was a little baffled that it was going on so quickly, however due to how long this had been taking she didn't assume it would be a bad thing to speed up the process a little bit. She had decided to come to the meeting where players would meet up, recently Ruby had reached Tier 3 herself so she had felt like she would be more useful to people... maybe she would find some people to do some of the mountain of quests she still needs to do. Ruby had made her way and looked around, not many people had showed up, however with a smirk she had seen Itzal and said to him "Well, finding the door was surprisingly quick. And from what I have seen there had been only one other healer in the groups, so it would be a crime if I didn't show up."

@Itzal

Things had felt very different since the end of the fight with Tesseleth. Not only had they found the next boss room in a matter of hours, but the ranks of the guild had been upended, both in the literal sense of Beat's promotion, and in the figurative sense of Jonathan's abstention from the labyrinth search. It was impossible to know what kind of environment to expect in the meeting, but Shield had no plans to avoid whatever was to come. As he arrived at the spot to find Itzal, Ruby, and, to his Relief, Hikoru. The young man was not the type for a lot of words, but Shield gave him a glance and a nod that he hoped would convey his appreciation for seeing him before taking a spot beside Itzal.

"Aincrad is certainly not the same place that it was yesterday," he said, tapping Itzal lightly on the shoulder with his fist. "We don't have much to go off of this time around, but I have some theories. I'm sure you do as well, but we'll hear all about it once we have enough players to get started."

He raised his hand in greeting to Ruby, but otherwise did not feel the need to approach her or make small talk. Although he respected the role that she fulfilled on the battlefield, he was fairly certain that there was not a player who saw the world more differently from him than he did. Being civil would not be an issue, so he was not worried.

"Any word back on the expected turnout?" he asked Itzal. "I know Beat will be here, but I don't know what to expect from Jonathan, and I don't know Kasier well enough to say."

@Hestia @Telrenya @Teion

Jomei's frown was apparent as he looked over the mass message sent by Itzal to all of the members of the prior raid team. The next boss room had already been found, and the meeting was being held so soon. The ginger's chin dropped with a heavy sigh, shaking his head from side to side, "Really can't catch a break can we.." he mumbled to himself under his breath. The idea of this meeting had come up multiple times with Telrenya, as Jomei had expected it to happen at some point after Tesseleth's defeat. Though the final decision of whether or not she would be joining him at the boss fight was up to what was discussed at the meeting, as well as her own personal thoughts, he agreed that she should be present at the gathering. "So it looks like they are meeting for the next boss fight today.. Do you still want to come with me to the meeting?" 

Dressing himself in a pair of brown pants, a black, sleeveless turtleneck, and his signature green cloak, Jomei affixed the Holy Dragon Alliance pin to his lapel. As he waited for Telrenya to finish readying herself, the ginger opened his messages, sending out a message to his other two guild mates that he figured would want to be present at the meeting. Before sending off the message, another player came to mind-- thought one that was not a part of his guild. At their last meeting, he had mentioned her joining the front lines, and after the lengthy battle that took place on the floor prior, they could use a heavy hitting girl like her.

Spoiler

To: Hestia, Ruby, Teion
Subject: Boss Meeting

The meeting for the Floor 22 Raid boss is today. It's located on Floor Two. Telrenya and I are on our way to the town's square there now if you would like to meet us. 

- Jomei

Jomei and Telrenya did not need to wait long for both Teion and Hestia to each arrive at the meeting place. He had considered waiting for Ruby, but knowing the girl's spontaneous attitude, she had already gotten the message and made her way to the meeting spot. Due to the floor's low level, the group made their way to the meeting spot, which was strangely in the middle of the floor, quickly and without meeting any problems. Jomei immediately spotted the blonde hair of Ruby, already waiting for the group to start conversing. "See you took no time getting up here" ,said with a small scoff. With all of the members of his guild attending the fight, as well as Teion acting solo, Jomei took a place at the table. 

I relax with a smile as i then get a message about a floor boss meeting is happening as i gasp and then smiles bigger then anything else. Kuro! We're going towards a meeting! I say very excitedly at the thought of going to a meeting for a floor boss. Not having known my goal for joining a frontline fight would be so close. I quickly make my way towards the meeting place where Jomei had told me to go to meet up with the players. Traversing to the second floor as i grin rather happily at Jomei. Wearing just some casual clothing since it is just the meeting and not the actual fight that the players will be going into. I then take a calming breathe as i then follow Jomei into the floor boss meeting area and looks around and smiles as i see Itzal and gives a happy wave towards him. I just stay by Jomei's side not entirely sure what to do besides just wait to see and hear what happens from all of this. Glancing towards the girl that isn't Teion as i grin realizing it is Telrenya. How are you doing the name is Hestia one of the newest members of our guild. I say rather happily at finally getting to talk to her.

Guess who is back to the table!? Maybe this time he'll make it so that he can participate in the next fight. Outdated second tier weapon? Check. Seems like he was about as prepared as ever for this little boss run. The goal for him was to gain a bit of trust from Hestia ever since their deal, seeing as he wanted to get a discount of his own and a potential business partner. Since they were close enough to get in on this, he decided to go along with her to the boss meeting. And there he was, brought into the halls with a small smile equipped as the snow-haired player invited himself for a refreshing glass of punch. Afterwards, he'd look back to see if Hestia was around, though Itzal was the first one to catch his eye. This seems like a great way to start, though he did seem a bit serious after looking a bit more into it. So perhaps Itzal was the one leading this one considering the serious vibe and proceeded to walk aimlessly until there was something to catch his eye.

"Hmm?" Telrenya's curious hum was followed by equally curious eyes before Jomei informed her of the meeting for the next boss fight. At his question of her interest, the blonde gave a quick nod. "Yes. I'm sure about this." She replied, affirming not only her desire to be present at the frontliners' meeting, but also to be accepted as a participant. Taking on her white-and-gold battle attire with an identical symbol of their guild pinned to her chest, she gave another nod to indicate she was ready to go.

"Oh! Right, I'm Telrenya. Nice to finally meet you." She felt a small sting of guilt in her chest, as it wasn't truly her first time meeting the raven-haired tank. Still, she flashed a friendly smile to both Hestia and their near-silent companion before the group of four made their way outside of Urbus.

Arriving in the presence of what Telrenya assumed were all high-leveled veterans, Telrenya couldn't help but feel nervous. Her eyes danced over mostly-unfamiliar faces, though she quickly spotted one blonde in particular that she knew well, lifting a hand to give Ruby a small, shy wave.

Teion's gaze remained impassive as they made their way to wherever this meeting was taking place. She was surprised to hear that the frontliners were meeting in the middle of the wilderness, but quickly shrugged it off. She offered a nod of greeting to the blonde who introduced herself as Telrenya--a name that she hadn't been keen on putting a face to. Her recent encounters with the other two players, whoever, had prompted her to offer them a more friendly greeting in the form of a casual wave.

She had expected to see Shield present, though the sight of the tank player caused a small knot to form in her stomach. The news of Beatbox's death was only the first of many hurdles she had tripped over as of late, though she had shared the details of such events with very few as they happened. And so she kept to herself, shifting her weight to one side after they had arrived while she waited for whoever was orchestrating the meeting to inevitably call them all to attention.

It did not surprise Shield to see Jomei and Sey join the meeting. He raised his hand to greet the latter. Aside from that, there was a face that he was not sure that he recognized, one that he thought he did, and a third that he knew for certain he recognized but did not expect to see present. Telrenya he had carried once on a low level quest, though it took him a few moments to specifically recall her name given how long ago it had been. Teion he had not seen for some months. He had taken time to grieve with her during her time of loss, perhaps imposing a little on her in the process, but he hoped for the better. At the end of that time, he had made the decision to give her space and let her decide whether she wanted support or not. He had not heard a word from her since.

She did not seem to acknowledge him, but he raised a hand in greeting from across the makeshift table regardless. As long as he had known her, she had hardly been the type to be very forward in social interactions. The fact that he was the one observing such a thing in another player was saying something, because that was usually his way.

He raised his voice over the murmurs of those gathered.

"Does anyone know of players planning to attend who are not yet present? There are a few Ascendants still on the way," he called out, looking from face to face. "Hirru, Calrex and Macradon tend to frequent boss fights, as do Zandra and Ariel. Has anyone heard from them or at least whether they plan to attend?"

He was hardly in a hurry. After all, it had not been so long ago that they had wrapped up the meeting for the previous floor. However, with boss raid meetings being such an unorganized affair, especially across guilds, he figured it couldn't hurt to start asking.

The first to arrive was Hikoru, and since there was literally no place to hide in the open field, he didn't attempt to.  Itzal nodded to @Hikoru with a smile.  "Glad you could come Hik."  After Hik arrived, and started helping himself to some of the refreshments, Itzal noticed @Ruby arrive.  He grinned and nodded at her with a chuckle.  "I mean, my entire build and purpose as a scout is to find stuff, so I hope it will always be fast."  Itzal watched as @Shield approached now too, and spoke of how a few other Ascendants should be coming, and that while they didn't have much info to go on, he had a few theories.  Itzal nodded.  "I'd like to get theories out of the way first, then take an estimate as to what it's stats are going to be like as well as the environment.  After that we'll go straight into parties.  Hopefully this meeting doesn't take forever like last time."  Itzal watched as others arrived as well.  He waved to Jomei, spotted Sey and waved to him as well, a smile on his face.  Hestia also arrived and he waved back.  Perhaps she was like him and just wanted to get some experience.  Then two other players joined he didn't know, and Shield finished by asking if there was anyone else coming.  Itzal shrugged.  "I messaged every front liner last time, but nobody replied really.  They just arrived.  Anyone want refreshments?  We'll be starting soon anyways."

"I do hope that 'taking forever' part wasn't pointed in my direction."

Said a fairly familiar monotone voice in the direction of a red robed individual as they disembarked off of a canvas covered wagon.  Hitting the ground, the man's hood fell down from the rush of air to reveal the signature green hair of the Jade Hunter, Hirru.  Stepping closer, the physique of his body would seem smaller than usual.  It would seem that he came without his armor today.  Either as a gesture of friendliness, or complete disregard of his surrounding.  Either way, he kept himself covered the crimson red cloak that used to signify the leaders of an old and deceased guild.  Keeping the cloak on was a peculiar jade badge that could only be recognized by a certain member of the family.

"Though, I won't deny, it was a horrid way to conduct a meeting."

He shrugged it off with a slight grin.  The last meeting was truly bad, but the Knights of Blood had their reasons for such an arrangement.  Unfortunately, that may have made their name that much worse. 

There were many familiar faces from around the stone slate.  A couple new faces, but the hunter did not take further notice.  Not really being rude, but he was here for the information and the coordination between the guilds and solos.  Speaking of, the Commander and Captain should be here too.

"I was early as I was nearby for business, so Captain @Macradon should be joining us shortly.  If Zandra, and Ariel do not join, I will be sure to relay any information.  I'm due to a meeting with those two in some time."

Edited by Hirru

Beat walked through the door, pleased that he had managed to make it on time for the most part. He recalled that the last meeting had been going on for some time before he had shown up. Part of him had been grateful that he had missed the part about Beatbox's death at the time. He had not known the player very well, but it was always sad when a front-liner was lost. His eyes quickly scanned the room after he spotted the refreshments and made his way there. He saw Teion, which brought a smile to his face, though he gave it little thought as he poured himself a drink and headed over to the seat next to her. 

"Sup?" He said to the table before taking a quick drink, his eyes meeting Shield's for a moment as he gave his partner a nod in greeting. He sat down and leaned back in the chair, ready for the meeting to begin, interested to see what this floor had in store for them. 

Quite the perculiar place Itzal had chosen, but it could possibly be because of PK’players that wanted to join the raid meeting were invited, which was fair. High value targets at this meeting were all high ranking and high leveled, someone would be foolish to dare assassinate someone at this place in broad daylight. Wearing his casual clothes, Macradon had his sword on his back harness like usual and would calmly arrive at the meeting’s location. “Heyo everyone, I hope I’m not late” he said with a smile as the Scarlet Templar would wave at everyone present. He had hoped that people would be able to get through this meeting faster than the lackluster meeting they had had before where Macradon would ask out but no one would answer. With someone else as the administrator of this meeting, Macradon was sure people would listen more carefully than with the least loved guild in the game. Walking over to his guild mate @Hirru, Macradon would greet him with a good hand shake and a smile as he said "Hunter, good to see you".

Shield gave nods to Beat, Hirru and Macradon as they arrived. He was a little surprised and more than a little disappointed to hear that Hirru hand plans to meet with Ariel in the near future. Zandra had not done anything to offend him, but Ariel was a player he distrusted more than any he had yet met. It was a matter that he was tempted to discuss at the meeting, particularly given how unreliable her performance had been at the previous raid, but given that she might yet show her face, that would create more problems than it would solve, at least in the short term.

As players continued to gather, he turned to @Itzal"I feel that as players arrive they should have no problem catching up on the progress of the meeting so far. For now, would you like to outline the information you've gleaned? My thoughts aren't concrete on what we might face, so getting specifics might help clear up misconceptions."

He summoned a display and dragged out its corners, extending its area so that all present could see. Lifting his finger, he penned the words 'Observed Information' as a starting point for the discussion, turning to Itzal to fill in the specifics. He held his finger at the ready, prepared to scrawl the details as they were relayed.

Observed Information:

-

The blond would wake late in the morning, the Sun's rays of light hitting his face. He groggily sat up, taking in the breeze of the morning. He had decided, as dangerous as it was, to sleep out of the town. Luckily he hadn't been attacked by any players or monsters of the floor. Of course, he would have waked before they would have done any significant damage to him. He looked at his HUD, finding he had received a message about thirty minutes before from Itzal. They were already beginning the boss raid meeting. Jonathan sighed, rocking himself before swinging up and onto his feet. He bet he had already missed a good portion, and was beginning to swing towards skipping it. "They don't really need me do they? Obviously Shield wants my position as Paladin, and would he really be a bad replacement? He is a better support character. Higher leveled. More mature and experienced" Angered now, Jonathan unsheathed his curved blade and charged it up, slamming the weapon's sharp edge into a large rock near him that stood about four feet tall. The rock exploded into dust and pixels. "I am pathetic" 

Another Fifteen minutes passed and he was on the second floor. The previous night, he had sat under the stars and contemplated what the old man had meant. Obviously, the fisherman NPC had been able to tell or knew what had occurred through some sort of programming somehow. "Change" He would shrug and begin the trek toward the destination. 

He would find the players gathered in a place atop a hill where any large stones acted as seats, tables, whatever. May familiar players would be seen, along with quite a few new faces. He found a seat next to @Jomei and looked upon the meeting. Of course, Itzal was running the entire thing. Shield was seen, prepared to write the things they had decided. Even Sey had shown up, which was the most surprise to him. He gave a small wave to @Hikoru upon seeing the man, unknowing of the changes that had occurred. 

Trying to sound like he had been there and knew of the conversation that had already occurred Jonathan spoke up saying, "Good point @Itzal. Explain what you meant about the hooves" '

(If you guys give Jon a blank stare he will laugh nervously and say, "Whoops my bad, not there yet" )

Itzal heard Hirru and shook his head with a smile.  "It was nothing specific to you @Hirru, you know I wouldn't say anything to insult another.  Whether directive or indirective.  It just took a while was all."  He turned to see Macradon follow up behind shortly after and nodded to the two of them.  "Alright then, if Hirru will pass the info on then we can go ahead and start."  He heard Shield and Jonathan, (Itzal nods with a smile to @Morgenstern glad that he's here) "Yeah about that.  There, really isn't much other detail Jonathan.  First things first:  There is no labyrinth.  It's just a straight shot for the boss room which has been locked up until a week has passed.  That means a week to craft buff items and such.  I can go gather some tier three materials but it may take time.  As for the boss info.  Basically the boss room is a clearing, or grove in the forest.  Very large with a lot of room.  There was also a thunder cloud in the sky, lighting shooting around.  Finally I didn't get to see the boss, but I heard the sound of heavy hooves, like a large horse, running toward me when the door closed and locked.  That's literally all the information we have on this boss."

Sounds like a fast enemy with the ability to paralyze, a thunder horse to charge through the bodies of all those involved. It should be expected to fight paralysis with some cures. Other than that, he didn't make out any other information that seems important. Well, he might as well get his part of the deal out there. "Well, if anyone needs anything from this cook, I highly suggest bringing materials of any number you feel, ignore the prices. The only risk is that I will use the materials given to me only, and I keep the excess." Sey explained to the players in there. Materials were valuable, and he didn't know many other cooks to help give players things to help advance in the floors. Placing his hands in his pockets, he would step back with a smile and walk back from the group. It was weird, it wasn't like he could give people items away so easily. Plus, he felt like keeping his theory to himself instead of giving out the idea. No need for attention.

Macradon nodded at the short information sprint he was given, which was enough to somewhat identify it. Raising a hand, Macradon would say out “I also have a few T3 materials I’m willing to part ways with if someone is in need to craft for the frontlines”. It wasn’t much he had, but it was something he could do for everyone else here today. Asking @Hirru  if there was anything else to note “So grove, hoofs, thunderclouds. Anything else I missed, Hunter?” he asked. If this was all, Macradon was fine with it as it was, nothing else to do, nothing to do about it, quick and easy, no problem at all. After seeing how well they actually cleared Tesseleth, Macradon was getting quite confident that they would be able to clear this floor just as easily, nothing was standing in their way anymore, they just had to press on.

Zandra was walking her way thru the half meter deep snow on floor four, heading into town. Just about ten minutes earlier she had got a message that called to the next boos raid meeting. "So we finally gonna pick up the pace so we get out of this death world." she mumbled to herself as she entered the settlement and headed straigth for the centrum where the warp gate was. She entered it. A few moments later she stepped out of the portal and headed for the meeting spot. checked the map several times until a small group of people got into her sight. "Well, guess its time." she opened up her inventory and equipped a vanity armor. Thou it was an identical copy of the one she is gonna wear in the next raid. It was better she showed up now. With her white and gold coloured armour she approached the group. When she was at the group she stopped and greeted on them with a sligth bow. "Hello, sorry Im late." the helmet covering her whole head gave of a strange echo, making her voice sound different then normal. "What have I missed?" 

Spoiler

57cd5d0b2ebc1bce2099ec2927e23774.png.7f4f7dc4dc8af75f553c8817d583b0c2.png