[OP-F2] Boss Raid Meeting

The boss meeting was on the second floor, a floor that Hakai knew well. Of course, most players were fairly familiar with the first few floors as they had been stuck on them more than the others. She found a seat on a rock and made sure to give Hikoru an intense, scathing glare. She wasn't there for him though, so she redirected her attention to the other players at the meeting. Many of them were the same frontliners that she had fought with in the past, although since her break there were definitely a few new arrivals. She listened quietly to the information about the boss and didn't say a word.

She was simply there to show her intent to join in the next boss fight, and it seemed as though the other players had plenty of their own to say on the matter. Even when it came to preparing consumables she didn't speak up. After all, she was a merchant. She couldn't make much useful for a boss fight. She sighed to herself. She needed to get a safeguard and a teleport crystal for the fight at the very least. On top of that she wanted to at least get another two levels before they went into the boss room. Murphy's Law stated "What can go wrong will go wrong", and as such she wanted to be prepared for any possibility. She wasn't planning to die before she had a chance to give Hik a piece of her mind.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zandra listened to the discussion about the boss. All these talk about hooves and the thundercloud. Her gear have started to worrk at full engine. She felt like she had a deja vu kind of feeling. But that couldnt be. She had never fought something with hooves and a thundercloud. But that was when she remembered. It was from a game she played back in the real world. She looked around, ready to share her thoughts when she spotted a list. The berserk healer nodded. "Looks like pretty solid teams." meets eyes with @Hirru and @Shield. "The pros in the same group this time too." she said to joke a little. Then Beat would also accompany them with the blacksmith.
 Her eyes glanced at the last part. There was alot of crafting specifik orders. Quite alot to performers but also to alchemists and chefs. In this momebt she herd Shields voice mentioning her name. She looked up and it sounded like she didnt had a choice. She let out a small sigh and took a step back. Her hands opened the stripe under her chin and then lifted off the helmet. The long black hair flowed out and she moved some of it out of her face before started to talk. "Since so many else is cobtributing and helping, I guess I should too. I can take care of quite alot of this I guess."
She threw an eye on the blacksmith and saw something very rare here in aincrad. on her back hang a two handed axe. Zandra walks up to the blacksmith(@teion) and reach her hand to the girl. "Hi, Im Zandea and it seems we will be figthing together. May I ask what stats you have on that axe?"

Teion wasn't great with meet-and-greets, and she hadn't expected any of the other players present to take an initiative to approach her. After all, she was an outsider here, or at least she felt as such. As she had mentioned to Jomei the first time he had broached the subject of fighting on the frontlines with her, she had assumed all of the veterans had at least a dozen levels on her. In this company, she was beginning to wonder if that really was the case. And so, it came as a surprise when a woman, matching her height and clad in a full suit of white-and-gold heavy armor, extended a hand towards her.

"Teion," She started simply, accepting the quick handshake that was offered. "Oh, yeah, just straight damage." Her eyes flickered to the side with the mention of the tri-colored axe that rested over her shoulder before turning back to Zandra with a small shrug. "Nothing fancy. Why do you ask?"

@Zandra

Okay so then it seems that the matter of groups, and what we need to be crafted has been settled. However, i would like to ask one last thing before we all break off into our discussion groups. When do we wish to tackle this boss? Since you guys did manage to find it right away,. However, the game also did come out with all these new quests we can take to prepare before hand encase the release of all of these quests are meant to be a sign for us to take some extra levels where we can get them. If that is the case i would like to suggest that we don't tackle the boss immediately. To instead take time during this week, and a bit longer after that to complete these quests. Along with that trying to get to know the people in our group for those who ended up with a new person in there group to see how well things would go with that. To get a general flow of how that group could perform in combat. I suggest towards the group knowing that some might want to be leaving as i gaze around at the gathered players.

Beat's gaze fell on Hakai as she entered, giving her a nod and a small smile before directing his attention to Shield's inquiry, "I'll be firing up my kitchens again now that the patch has made life a little easier on professions. I'll contribute anything I can." 

It had been quite some time since he had actually cooked anything. The plentiful bounty of vanity food one was left with after a week of crafting was enough to feed oneself for a month at least. Aside from what he could contribute to damage and food supplies, Beat had no other opinions on the fight, other than that he was glad that he would be fighting in the same group as Shield. The planning phase of the fight was nearly always speculation and they had been wrong before, so, while it was nice to organize supplies and know a little bit about the boss, he felt that the process was somewhat lost on him. 

Oh? Looks like Shield took up his offer by asking him if he could handle that. Simply replying with a shrug at first, he would state what he knew. "Only if I'm handed the materials needed, I'm not going to search for them." Sey explained, recalling all the work he needed to get finished with. These days, it was hard for him to get a break, his daily chores in game were beginning to feel like that, chores. While everyone planned out all their items, he managed to get a few coming towards him, one of them even declaring they were providing as such for him. "Well, we have to get some items. I say we should be given one week to get our things. It should be plenty of time for crafting." Even the lower leveled crafters can get a couple perfect items with that amount of time, so it would be best to get the best value of time for both efficiency and progression. That, and he wanted to actually get back onto the frontlines as soon as possible.

@Shield @Hestia

Shield nodded in response to @Sey's concern of gathering materials. "Don't worry about that," he said, pointing to the section of his notes for materials donations. "I think the idea is that whoever volunteers to craft specific items from those requested will be compensated with donated materials. Otherwise, there's no point in donating them, I'd think."

He set aside his notes, glancing over the combat teams. It had been established some time ago, but as long as he was waiting for crafters to volunteer for projects, he figured he might as well get his eyes on the situation more closely. He did not know Hestia personally, but she had made quite a name for herself as an accomplished support player. From what he had gathered, she was one of the only other players aside from himself who had managed to make full defense pay off.

"Would it make sense to set Hestia as the main tank for group 3?" Shield asked, pointing to her position on the list just below @Morgenstern"I know you can take the hits with the best of them, Jonathan, but you're also more diversified to be able to play offense. We might have an easier time dealing with minions and whatever defenses the boss has if we put Hestia in tank position to let you attack, and if she takes too much heat, to fall back and start healing herself and others while you step in and take aggro. Otherwise, we may be shorting ourselves an extra potential source of offense."

He took a moment to mull the mechanics over in his head now that the thought was out in the open. It was a sensitive matter, taking Jonathan out of a tanking position for part of the fight. Shield had recently made a comment about being interested in his title, and the Paladin had not taken it lightly. Still, boss fights needed to be handled with care, and he was not going to spare feelings if it meant sparing lives.

"If our thought is that she has enough to do to play support consistently, then that's fine," he went on, tapping his lip with the rough leather of the glove that covered his fingertip. "If she can consistently sharpen the DPS or energize those who are burning through their pools the fastest, then that's one thing, but if she's missing one or both of those abilities, a full defense player can start to run out of things to do. I guess that's a question for you as well then, @Hestia," he said, directing his dark brown eyes in her direction. "Do you have the skill to keep yourself involved while playing support, or would you feel more useful as main-tank while Jonathan goes on the offense?"

Zandra nodded. Just as she thougth, there was only standard enchantments on the purplehaired girls axe. ‘’Well, if you are interested, I have something that is pretty good.’’ Zandra started swiping her finger in the air infront of her. Scrolling thru the menu’s to find one of her most trusted friends. A friend that have been with her thru so much. After ten seconds or so of scrolling, a black two haded axe materialized in Zandras hand. It had veins of glowing orange in the blade that slowly pulsated. She held forth the axe. ‘’Here Teion. If you want to use this darkened twohanded battle axe, Im okay with it. If we are part of the same team, I want everyone to have as good equipment as possible. Thou you don’t have to. Its just an offer. Its enchanments is two slots fallen damage and a single with accuracy.’’

@Teion

…After Zandras and Teions conversation…

Zandra turned around and looked at the team list again. ‘’To be honest, I think this looks really good. We have plenty of damage, some steady tanks and everyone covered by a support player. And you have talked about this hooves thing. But I haven’t herd anyone mention that we may be up against a centaur. And the thundercloud just as you all says probably mean stuns. But it could also be that we are up against someone that can control the weather. And if that’s the case, then environmental damage may be a thing. So if you don’t already have it, survival is a good way to conter that. Except that I think everything have been said. This list of alchemical items is retty short, so if there is anyone in need of more, just let me know.’’ With that she had said what she wanted to say and would return to listen to the planning. To herself she thougth: ‘Hmm, no one have asked about Ariel. Have she told others of her whereabouts as well? Or dose no one care about her anymore?’

Crafting items:

Spoiler

Wish Lists

• Damage                     [Hikoru - T1 Perfect]
  • Mass HP Recovery  [Shield - T3 Perfect x 3]
  • Antidote                     [Shield - Perfect x 2]
  • Toxic Venom
  • Safeguard                  [Hikoru] [Hestia] [Shield]

Crafted

• Damage                    
    • x1 +2(t1) potion
  • Safeguard                 
    • x3 (t1) potion
  • Overhealth               
    • x1 +15(t3) potion
    • x5 +90(t3) crystal
  • Mitigation        
    • x4 +45(t3) potion

Edited by Zandra

A question came up involving mythology and Jonathan racked his brain. He had been taught most mythology and stories that were ever in the world. His father believed that religion, customs, history, and stories were important in making a successful life and career for yourself. He looked towards the group. "There is no horse of story that has anything will the powers of lightning. There was a horse named lightning if I recall correctly. Also, there is the Horses of apocalypse which I don't know much of other than that they were the Harbingers of the worlds end or something like that. Its been a while since I learned about them" 

After his information was passed on, Shield aid something Jon disagreed with majorly. "A dibs system is awful. No matter what my system is going to go, those who come to my shop specifically asking personally with some kind of payment, Tier 2 players, Celestial Ascendants, then finally the rest of ya'll. Looking at Shield he was a bit ticked. First, there was yesterday. He had calmed down a bit, but his idea seemed a bit selfish. He had just better ignore the man. 

Many things were spoken of crafting, Jonathan already had volunteered for taking on a large portion of the Alchemical requirements. Then, Shield personally addressed him and asked a question that real got under Jonathan's skin. It was all he could do to not yell a the man. He was obviously trying once and far all take him out of the tanking game that would mean the removal of his Paladin position. "While I believe you make a fair point, I do believe I have to make a hard pass. Hestia is a quite capable tank, but is only Tier 2. Also, she is the only of my team to possess a healing skill. That means, nobody will be able to efficiently healing her, especially with healing crystals effect being halved. Also, I may have some ability in the damage field, but not nearly enough for you to all worry about me missing a single attacking turn as I give a howl. I believe in the near future as more players start joining the frontlines, Hestia will no doubtfully earn her spot as Main Tank. We have an addition of what? Four members this fight. That number will increase next time, forcing us to have a fourth team. Thankfully, Hestia will be there to take that spot" 

He looked to Hestia, hoping he didn't offend her. He liked her, but on the other hand, he was beginning to not like Shield. The man had power behind his words and influence. If not met with equal force, the man would have him subbed off as some DPS that wasted all of his skill points on something unneeded. 

I look towards @Shield with a small smile on my face. Glad that he is considering myself for a tanking position. However, even i know that isn't the best decision to make. I go to speak up about that, but @Morgenstern manages to beat me to it as i see him make my point for me as i nod my head wit ha grateful smile towards him. Yeah i will have to agree with Jonathan on this one Shield. While i can serve as tank i would not be as good as one as Jonathan at the moment. The reason being is that while i can tank hits i can't heal myself with anything such as battle healing from not having it. However, i'm certain by now Jonathan probably has that, or some other substitute to heal himself. Which would make him the better take from being able to take more hits unlike myself. In addition if i was put in the tanking position my ability to use first aid wouldn't be able to be used since i can't heal myself with that skill. However, if Jonathan was in the tanking position i could heal him up, and make sure there is basically no chance of him dying during this fight. I say towards the man supporting Jonathan's words. Not feeling offended since i know my own limits, and how things could go if they end up being pretty bad.

In all the time Shield had known Jonathan, he had never known him to be as contrary as he had been in recent weeks. He couldn't make out whether this was all due to the loss of Beatbox or not. That was, after all, the first time Shield had noticed the change and when he had had to step in to avoid the fight that Hikoru and Jonathan had been picking with one another. There had to be an explanation. It was too unlike him.

Does he feel threatened? We need to talk about what's going on, but this is the wrong place and time to have a heart-to-heart.

Shield's countenance remained impassive, registering little other than the acknowledgement of the other players' replies to his suggestion. "If Hestia doesn't feel comfortable, then that's that. We'll leave that as it is.

"However, regarding the first-come-first-served method, I believe it's necessary given how unsuccessful our collaborations have been on the front lines for boss fights," he explained, his eyes steady and relaxed as he answered Jonathan's criticism. "Of course any crafter needs to prioritize the players who go out of their way to come to the shop in person. Also, if crafters feel the need to supply tier-two players above others, they're welcome to focus their crafts on those endeavors. However, in recent fights, we've made vague pledges to supply consumables, and very little leg-work seems to have gone into those goals. That is at least my experience in the last two or three boss fights I've been around for."

He turned his eyes to the others gathered, tapping his finger on the notes he had been keeping. "This is not an imperative to ignore all other crafting until your items are made. It's simply stating that of those making requests here at the meeting, to encourage players to speak up and to take initiative to include themselves in preparations, we need to reward those who are actively taking part. Take care of the customers in your shop of course, and pick your own outside priorities, but with the lists here, we need to answer requests in the order they came." He was being pragmatic, perhaps too much so, but boss raids weren't about being nice. They were about survival. "I chose to tank to protect those around me. That being said, the front lines have always thrived off of those who take initiative and are willing to carry those around them. I will protect any player around me, but if a tier 3 assault team member is speaking up quickly to fulfill their needs, then that is a player who is worth their salt and who will push us to succeed. That is what we need on the front lines, and that has been what has gotten us where we are."

Observed Information:

• Grove
  • Thunder Clouds
  • Hooves

Resources

Alchemists:

Spoiler

Crafters: Morgenstern

Wish Lists

• Damage                     [Hikoru - T1 Perfect - Z]
  • Mass HP Recovery  [Shield - T3 Perfect x 3 - Z]
  • Antidote                     [Shield - Perfect x 2 - Z]
  • Toxic Venom
  • Safeguard                  [Hikoru - Z] [Hestia - Z] [Shield - Z]

Cooks:

Spoiler

Crafters: Sey

Wish Lists

• Accuracy
  • Evasion
  • Mitigation                 [Shield - T3 Perfect] [Hikoru - T3 Perfect] [Hestia - T2 Perfect]
  • Protein

Performers:

Spoiler

Crafters: Hestia, Itzal

Wish Lists

• Incarceration        [Shield - H.]
  • Perpetuate            [Shield - I.]
  • Misperception      [Shield - H.]

Material Donors:

Spoiler

Macradon:   [T1 - 0] [T2 - 10] [T3 - 20]
Hirru:
Itzal:
Shield:          [T1 - 0] [T2 - 10] [T3 - 30]

Edited by Shield

Looking over at the bluenette “Well, at least we should be able to handle it.You take direct hits, I’ll take secondary, that would be a good protective strategy I believe” Macradon replied towards @Calrex. Macradon and Calrex were in a single party by themselves last raid, and they did fine, this shouldn’t be a problem in the future with any other party members joining in. Macradon would nod back at the blonde girl who approached him, her name was @Telrenya, not a name he was too familiar with, but he had probably heard i there and there “Nice to meet you too” Macradon replied at her “Yeah, let’s get this job done” he said with a smile. Trying to see if he could find the rest of his party, Macradon would smile seeing Jomei on the list, someone he had battled with before, an elegant fighter with strength behind his blows. Though he had heard about Ruby before, he hadn’t seen much of her work, but that was about to change. Since @Shield was takign notes of everything, Macradon would send over a remark "I'll net in 20 T3 materials if needed" and would continue through his train of thoughts afterwards. Walking over to @Jomei, Macradon would give out a good warrior's handshake "Seems like we're gonna work together, I'm sure we'll manage" he said with a slight chortle at the last ramark.

The ginger's head turned to look at Macradon as he approached, his hand extended for a friendly handshake. Wearing a half smile on his face, Jomei turned to greet the man, bringing out his own hand and grabbing onto Macradon. "Yeah looks like it. Our team seems pretty solid, have to admit. Though with you and Calrex, everything should go fine. Especially after watching the two of you hold your own in the group after Adder ran off." he said with a chuckle. "But at least now we will have Ruby as a healer, and Tel and I as damage dealers." Jomei looked  past Macradon to where Telrenya had introduced herself to him with a smile, "I see I theres no need for introductions, since Tel already introduced herself to you." Jomei then turned his head back to the table where the other member of their party sat, "And that's @Ruby over there if you wanted to meet with her as well." Turning back to Macradon once again, the ginger wore a confident smirk on his face, "I can assure you, both of them are more than capable of holding their own in this fight. They've both shown great resolve and improvement since we first started the Holy Dragon Alliance." 

"I'll give 10 of my own T3 mats.  I also have 1 T2 mat that I don't need, so if someone has a use for it, then be my guest."

The hunter tried to remember all that he had.  Most of the stuff that he appraised in shop was mostly weapons and armor, but the few consumables were already used up.  It had been some time since he appraised anything though, and it was getting harder to remember what he did before.  Sorting through his inventory, he would look through the items that he allocated to the shop.

"Oh yeah, I also have an Antidote, uncommon variety, but I don't think anyone will want that.  I was able to buy five tier three rations and immolation potions each before the world decided that I wasn't worthy of such profits.  So I can give out one each for four people, if anyone wants them.  For the tier 2 variety, you'll have to go to Shields or my own shops, but I'm willing to give out of my pocket for anyone in the raid team."  [Field Rations +2 x4 | Immolation Potions +2 x4]

"In return, if I could get some Accuracy, Mitigation, and Damage, then I would need nothing else."

With that, the teams seemed to be gathering around each other.  Zandra greeted the hunter and Shield calling the three of them the "pros".  Although the hunter couldn't keep a grin off of his face, he still thought that Beat had proven himself in the last few raids, so the hunter thought he need his own recognition.  Especially after the way Shield and Beat were cooperating outside of their own teams.  That being said, he didn't think that the purple haired smithy would be finally joining the front lines.  It seemed that Zandra took a quick liking to Teion as a two handed battleaxe user.  The hunter's grin grew into a solemn smile.

//"Hey, Mack.  Our lost blade came back stronger than ever."//

He whispered to the woods, turning so none could see the movement of his lips.  They were going into the new floors with a family of players that no longer fought against themselves too much, and kept everything at peace.  If only his friends could be here to see this.

If.......

Only.....

"Hm?" Teion watched with a single raised brow as Zandra moved to navigate her menus, catching her interest with mention of 'something good'. Shortly after the noirette had pulled up her menus, a weapon materialized in her hands. An obsidian-blackened axe cracked with softly-glowing veins of orange. Teion's eyes widened slightly with disbelief as the blade was presented to her. "What? W-wait, you don't want anything for it? Are you sure?" The violette was a bit flustered at the offer, a gifted weapon seemingly in good faith between soon-to-be teammates.

She was hesitant to take the weapon's handle, but as the woman handed it towards her Teion carefully reached forward to wrap her fingers around the pole of the darkened blade. "Well... Thanks. I don't know what I could offer you, but I guess if you need anything in return, just let me know." She replied in a smaller voice. She could no longer say that she knew nothing about Zandra. If first impressions were anything to go off of, the woman was more generous than most.

Received from Zandra:
»[Perfect] Darkened Battleaxe +8 Fallen, +1 ACC

From the looks of it everything was settled.  They planned it out and they were currently in the phase of crafting materials.  Itzal looked over the group again before speaking up to finalize this.  "Alright so we have the parties set up, as well as the list of consumables we want.  If anyone wants something and has not listed it yet, please do so or you probably won't get it.  After that the plans will have been completed.  So I have one question for you guys:  When do we want to tackle the boss room?  Are we going to give it a set date?  Or are we going to wait until everyone has the consumables we want or need?"  He knew that some players were on the verge of leveling up, even getting new tiers, so he wanted to give them the option of leveling up.  Or getting the new equipment they required.  He himself would like to squeeze in enough time to get another sword for tier three.  Bleed two and one keen.  He didn't have any other enhancements to use unless he got a unique enhancement.  And that hasn't happened yet.

@Calrex@Ruby@Jomei @Telrenya@Macradon@Shield@Zandra@Beat@Teion@Hirru@Morgenstern@Hestia@Hikoru@Sey@Itzal@Hidden

Hikoru listened to everything that was said and gave a nod. As Itzal asked for what people wanted, he piped up. "If we have any cooks, If I could get a Tier 1 Protein Shake with a possible like, +1 ACC Attatched to it that'd be cool. If not, just the +2 Damage would be useful." He said with a small sigh. "And also, I would say lets make sure we are fully prepared before anything else. Last fight we were all scrounging for potions that we could find and had to struggle, lets beat this boss easily and make sure we can get to Floor 23 easily." He said confidently, making sure he kept eye contact with everyone. He received a ping, and opened up the message to see that it was from a familiar username. He skimmed and sighed, realizing that he needed to go, he had taken more time than he had planned. "I have to go, apologies." He said with a sigh, then waved to the rest, nodding at some. "Things came up and I got a job to do, we'll all set up a time for this again, when we aren't worrying about killing a raid boss and have free time." He said with a small chuckle, then disappeared from sight, using the shadows to his will and making it as if he had never been there.

Once again she had found herself in the blur of things as more people had showed up, some she had never seen before... especially the purple haired girl, however she was shocked to see other people like Telrenya showing up. Ruby had blinked a few times wondering what in the world she was doing here, however she had turned her worried expression into a smile seeing that she was growing up in levels and the world. However as she had looked around she had seen a lot of people she didn't recognize, Ruby had just taken a deep breath and placed a smile on her face, she didn't necessarily listen to the plan... at all, but at the end of the day her job was simple, heal when she can, and in other times just punch the boss and deal as much damage as she could. She had simply said out "Well, @Itzal I vote to give people at least a few days to get prepared as a lot of us need potions or new Equipment. However, I will respect any decision we come to."

"Well, as long as Teion stays true to her word.. myself, the rest of the Holy Dragon Alliance, Teion and Sey should be covered for potions and consumables. Unless there is anything else one of you guys might need." his eyes went to each of the guild members around him, including Teion. The meeting seemed to be coming to a close, and with that, the question that lingered on his mind -- how much time did they have before they actually went to fight this thing. Hikoru and Ruby each spoke up first, both in favor of giving it some time for everyone to prepare themselves and get the items needed for the fight. Jomei then turned to Itzal with a nod, "I support the idea of waiting as well. Not only give everyone time to get their consumables, but give some of the newer players here a chance to level up a little bit more. I obviously understand that we don't want to wait too long.. But it may be in our best interests to help them power level." After stating his piece, Jomei turned to Telrenya with a soft smile, speaking only to her. "Of course, we have those masks from Valentine's Day that will big help with some extra health.. and I could help you with boosting up another level or two before the fight as well. Sound good to you Blondyhe teased her, using the name Morgenstern had given her on the team list. 

@Telrenya @Hestia @Ruby @Teion

Yeah i'm with the general idea of waiting a bit longer for those to get the consumables that could be necessary to make sure that all of survive with little to no problem at all. Then there is the whole getting a few more levels which will be good since i am certain if given a bit more time i could get to tier three which will be rather helpful in terms of enhancements and all of that. I say towards the group with a nod of my head stating my own personal reason for waiting. To get enough time to get towards the next tier to try and be more useful to everyone present. With the bonus of getting more ranks in first aid, and if enough time after that some more points to increase mitigation as much as possible. So yeah as the people who have spoken more time is for the best for all of us in my own opinion. We've been in this game for two years anyway. Adding a few extra days isn't going to kill any of us.