[F3-PP] burning civilization <<Treant Rivalries>>

he steps upon the third floor with a grin after having unlocked his rank 5 Martial Arts he is now ready to take down any enemy that could try to stand in his way from this quest. To teach those snobbish elves the taste of his fists caving them in with deadly strike after deadly strike. With the aid of getting some nice loot from it also being a nice bonus for himself. Even if it is only some amount of COL that is rather low it is only just a nice bit of COL. He makes his way towards where the quest is meant to start in a small little village off towards the eastern side of the floor where the elvish faction is meant to reside and hide at. he just grins knowing it is going to be a absolute joy to tear them down one by one with his fight. With his familiar only aiding him in taking down these fools with such ease it is almost laughable in a sense. It really is only a matter of time for him to destroy the opponents with his newest and most powerful ability.

@Pinball

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinball bit his thumb anxiously, using his spear to make sure he didn't trip over any tree roots or get snagged in any tall grass. He had accepted a quest that was quite above his ability to solo, but his damage was higher now. He had finally unlocked Rank 5 in his weapon, so he'd be able to take them on... he hoped. He had chosen to side with the Treants, though he worried about facing the Elves. The Treants, to Pinball, seemed so much more in-tune with nature. The elves had taken their homes from the gentle looking race, and Pinball thought it unfair. Humans were greedy by default, (or so he believed) and he was disappointed to find that elves weren't much better off. He made his way down the path towards his destination, taking a short cut to save time. It was there he found Mars, walking along, looking rather scary in his contemplation. Despite this, a part of Pinball was a bit disappointed. He wouldn't be able to keep an edge over the man if he didn't do things for himself. Still, it wasn't smart to deny help when he needed. "Hey, Mars!

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 22 | HP: 440 | EN: 44 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 7 

Equipped: 

• Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, +1 Phase, Cursed {4 Slots} 
  • Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 2H Assault Spear ~ Rank 5
  • Fishing 

Edited by Pinball

Well if it isn't Pinball how goes the fighting after our little match? Hopefully not that disheartening. However, i joke around i know it was just the matter of the setting not being optimal at the time and that a truer fight will be shown at level forty. It is going to be a interesting fight when we reach that level Pinball. He says with a grin upon his face as he looks at the player with a grin upon his face.So then i'm figuring you're here for some type of quest. Which will it be? for myself i am off to kill some elves which will be a rather fun time i could imagine since i heard this quest might finally give me a challenge if given the right amount of time. he says with a slightly excited look on his face at such an idea. His familiar looking just as battle ready with its white flames burning hot. The creature's flames becoming hotter and brighter as its master Mars grows stronger seemingly.

"Yeah," Pinball grumbled bitterly, remembering Mars' two hit victory, "it's going." He shook his head. He had left himself wide open with his wild charge, hoping to throw Mars off balance. His punches packed a lot of... well, punch. Mars told him he was going for the same quest as Pinball. He let out a sigh of relief. That was good. He wouldn't have to worry about any sudden plot twists that threw him up against Mars, as irrational as that was already. Pinball nodded in response. "Yeah, I'm helping out the treants." He didn't go into much detail about why he chose to help the treants over the elves. He had been scolded by Mars once for feeling bad for his opponents, and he didn't feel like hearing about it again. Besides, it seemed to Pinball that Mars wouldn't care about which side he fought for either way. From what he heard, they both rewarded the same amount of col. He had heard from his info broker that each quest gave an item at the end of it, and each item had a different effect to it. The swindler had wanted extra for what exactly the effect was, so that was all Pinball knew. "Should be fun, right? Then, if this doesn't take us all day, maybe we can go hunting on a different floor. See if we can loot anything good."

He chuckles a little bit at able to see some of the dissatisfaction on Pinball's face an tone he spoke with to begin with. However, he can't fault the man since he might be the very same if he himself had lost. At hearing that he could get his rival to help out though it is certainly a bonus for himself in trying to take down these quests with absolute ease. With that he just nods and continues heading on his way towards the elven encampment to kill them all with his powerful punches. Hoping it will be enough to take down the amount he had been told could be around there. Well i am certain it could be rather fun since it will be enjoyable to add another king to my list of enemies i have defeated. He says with a dark chuckle  escaping his lips at such a thought entering his mind. If we do go onto another floor Pinball would it be for fishing, or killing lots of loot mobs? he asks his ally rather curiously as they enter the forest.

He shrugged. "I'm... not sure, really. What do you think?" Pinball paused. "I have the feeling we'll be a bit burnt out after this quest, though." From what his broker had told him, they were entering elvish territory as they spoke. He looked from left to right, and Pinball could have sworn he heard whispers in the trees. Nervously, the boy continued. "It's up to you." Pinball kept walking, small puffs of dirt being kicked up by the heavy way he stomped his foot down. Pinball took a brief moment to think back on how Mars and him had first met. They were fighting the wasp queen, he remembered, and Pinball had been quite distrustful of the man. He had originally taken him to be a rather sketchy fellow, but once he had gotten to know him, he realized that he wasn't bad at all. A bit on the temperamental side, to be sure, and he had his flaws, but everyone did. Nobody was perfect, and that was a fact Pinball was painfully aware of. Suddenly, the birds stopped chirping in the forest, and all was silent. He knew what lie ahead. "We're here," he murmured, gripping his spear with both hands. 

Well even if we are burnt out we will just need to rest for a bit and then fighting off anything else will be a peace of cake as they say you know? He says to his ally with a confident smirk on his face wearing his assassin garb as he grins glad to see that Pinball seems to trust him now with what he says. Even if it came at the cost of himself starting to trust the man also with his true personality sadly. he hears slight whispers with a grin as he starts building up the energy he needs to gather to fight off these foes that are around them. As they continue to walk forward he glances towards his ally. I think that if we do go to another floor it should be for gathering more materials and col via fishing that way we can get quite a lot if you manage to fish up another boss, or loot mob. Would be rather interesting to see what you would fish up. he says with a chuckle as he then sees two elvish male step out from their trees. Both of them holding curved blades with a deadly serious look. Oh look the pathetic duo have arrived prepare to die. Mars says in amusement as he gets covered in energy right away the tell tale signs of All Might. he appears in front of the first solider with a look of absolute glee and punches the elvish man shattering into crystals upon contact with his fist.

#96260  BD:10   12x15=  180DMG -17

Mars: 420/420  ENG:25/42   10 DMG l 3 EVA l 3 ACC l 1 Savvy l 2 Regen

Pinball: ?/?

Elvish Soldier HP: 0/65 MIT: 30 Damage Per hit: 15

Elvish Soldier HP: 65 MIT: 30 Damage Per hit: 15

@Pinball

Edited by Mars

"Well, if that's what you wanna do, I'm all for it." His spear dropped when the elves appeared. It was now or never. He had yet to actually use his sword art yet, so he hoped he didn't fail too miserably. Pinball charged the elf that was left alive. Stab after stab, the elf's health dropped. They were surprisingly resistant, but Pinball's attack pulled through. The elf died, shards of blue scattering in all different directions. "Well, that wasn't too hard," he muttered, looking at his weapon in wonder. This was supposed to be a difficult quest, but the two of them had just plowed through the two Elvish Soldiers like they were nothing. They didn't even had time to react. "Alright. There should be more of them, right? Let's take them out and be out fishing before lunch. I brought sandwiches." He started walking again, his spear used as a walking stick, alert. There were bound to be more... very close. 

-------------------------------------

ID# 96274  BD: 5+3= 8 (Hit) MD: 9 (DEAD) 

Pinball - Dimension Stampede vs Elvish Soldier 2 

7*15 = 105 - 30 = 75 DMG 

Elvish Soldier 2 is DEAD. 

- Enemies - 

Elvish Soldier 1 : 0/65 HP | 30 MIT | 15 DMG 

Elvish Soldier 2: 0/65 HP | 30 MIT | 15 DMG 

- Players - 

Mars: 420/420 HP | 25/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

Pinball: 440/440 HP | 27/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 7 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

There should be more of them as you said it is rather shocking how easy the first two were. Makes me wonder how the commanders in this quest will fair against us. How sturdy are those men. He says with a chuckle rather excited to just get towards fighting a king. Having heard this is a difficult quest to go along with that making him a bit excited to see how well it could fair against the duos destructive power it seems in able to kill off these things with just a singular hit. As they move along fairly quickly two more elven warrior appear and try to strike at us with swords once more as Mars once more charges up All Might to finish this fight as quickly as possible. he then punches the enemy hard in the stomach as it shatters once more as it gets sent into a tree with a immortal object prompt appearing. One done Pinball. he says as he lands and then sits on the ground to rest for a bit.

#96286  BD:4+3=7

- Enemies - 

Elvish Soldier 1 : 0/65 HP | 30 MIT | 15 DMG 

Elvish Soldier 2: 65/65 HP | 30 MIT | 15 DMG 

- Players - 

Mars: 420/420 HP | 25/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

Pinball: 440/440 HP | 27/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 7 DMG 

@Pinball

Edited by Mars

The elven soldiers seemingly sprung out of nowhere. Pinball was caught off guard, but Mars seemed unphased by the appearance. Mars punched the one closest to him, sending the man flying into a tree. The man shattered, and Pinball watched, amazed. Then, Mars sat down. "Wait! The hell are you doing?!" The Elvish Soldier that Pinball hadn't paid attention to was on them now. The soldier's attacks were relentless, wild slashes and stabs that Pinball could only dodge against. Pinball got pushed back, but he managed to break free and put distance between him and the soldier. He looked at Mars, who was sitting on the ground. "I blame you for not getting to attack here," he laughed, twirling his spear around his head. Pinball stretched, then looked at the soldier carefully. "Just kidding. I'll take care of it - give me a moment.

-----------------------------------------

ID#96287  BD: 1 (Miss) MD: 5 - 3 = 2 (Miss) 

Pinball attacks Elvish Soldier 2 - Miss

Elvish Soldier 2 attacks Pinball - Miss

- 2 EN 

- Enemies - 

Elvish Soldier 1 : 0/65 HP | 30 MIT | 15 DMG 

Elvish Soldier 2: 65/65 HP | 30 MIT | 15 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:0] Mars: 420/420 HP | 8/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

[H:0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 25/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 7 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

he just gives a wave towards his Rival when he notices him just sitting down and enjoying what should've been the rest of the fight ending at least somewhat quickly. However, to his surprise the enemy wasn't kill right away from the lack of focus which might've aided in his fall earlier. 'Note to self make Pinball fear an attack at all times somehow.' He thinks to himself wondering how he could accomplish that. He can only hope if given the chance there will be opportunities to keep his Rival on his toes throughout their adventures. He glances towards his familiar that is just resting peacefully alongside him while still making sure its flames are traveling all along its body. So then Pinball after you manage to kill this elf we should rest and recover some energy to kill the rest of them. He says as the elf turn to him with a glare. You will never kill my people you human scum. Those Treants deserve to burn by our might for daring to ruin our sacred land. The elven being says with this sort of accent that is regal.

#96302 LD:16 run successful.

Edited by Mars

Pinball activated his sword art, but froze. The elf had spoken. He hesitated, and lowered his weapon. He suddenly felt very conflicted. "You took their home from them. I'm getting that back, and then I'm done with all of you." He felt very foolish for speaking to an NPC, for it was, after all, a program within the game. It wasn't actually living, and it didn't have any real emotions. It wasn't even thinking for itself - it was just pre-recorded lines made to make the player feel guilty about his choice. Yeah, that was definitely it. Or so he told himself. Pinball was a kindly soul, and the thought of harming the race hurt him deeply. Still, he had already accepted the quest, and there was no backing down. He shook his head, and backed away. "I'm sorry. Defend yourself," he mumbled, refusing to look the elf in the eyes. 

------------------------------

ID# 96288  BD: 2+3= 5 (Miss) MD: 1 (Miss) 

Pinball attacks Elvish Soldier 2 - Miss

Elvish Soldier 2 attacks Pinball - Miss

- 2 EN 

- Enemies - 

- Players - 

[H:0] @Mars: 420/420 HP | 8/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

[H:0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 23/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 7 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

He chuckles a little bit at this little elven creature trying to make him feel guilty as he waves his hand at it. Not feeling anything for these pixels and bits, and knowing that as a species they are just as flawed as the Treants in the very end. Both creatures trying to bid for land depending on which side is chosen as he just glares at it. Try to finish off my friend first, and then know the pitiful truth that you are unable to do so from you being so weak. Now then Pinball try to make quick work of this thing. He says in a bored tone as he pats you on the back as his energy jumped up a fairly decent amount showing that the game considers him out of combat now. he just calmly watches the proceedings to see where it goes from here on out. Having noticed the look of guilt dance along in your eyes, but deciding to say nothing about it for the moment.

+14 ENG to Mars

- Enemies - 

- Players -

[H:0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 23/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 7 DMG 

He shook his head. The elf rushed Pinball, sword flashing, but the boy easily dodged it. Pinball didn't smile, he didn't speak. He calmly ducked and darted out of the way of the sword swipes, until the elf misstepped. Without wasting a moment, Pinball activated Dimension Stampede, quick stabs absolutely obliterating the Elvish Soldier. His Sword Art concluded, the soldier shattered into pieces, and Pinball stepped back, leaning against a tree. The spearhead touched the floor, and he gave Mars a thumbs up. "All good for that break." He stared at the ground, mulling over what the elf had said to him, and what it could mean. Mars didn't seem to have much of a problem with fighting them, but that was Mars. Pinball swiped open his menu, absently scrolling through his menu. Without a second thought, he closed it, not having retrieved anything from his storage. 

-----------------------------------------

ID# 96303  BD: 10 (Crit+2) MD: 3 (Miss) 

Pinball attacks Elvish Soldier 2 - Dimension Stampede 

7+2= 9*15 = 135 - 30 = 105 DMG

Elvish Soldier 2 is DEAD. 

- 17 EN 

- Enemies - 

Elvish Soldier 2: 0/65 HP | 30 MIT | 15 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 6/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 7 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

He relaxes for a moment against the tree as his energy jumps up once more making him already battle ready for two more hits in this combat as he glances towards Pinball having noticed the rather calm and efficient kill. Grinning slightly at that as it means that hopefully he has shed away those rather silly ideas of having to worry about these creatures. Just pixels that in the end are going to die over and over again with no end to this little war upon this floor. He counts the amount of energy lost as it seemed like a significant portion and from what his informants have told him there is only two more of the grunts left before the actually dangerous enemies appear to make matter rather dangerous. Pinball you'll get a short amount of rest and then we'll go in deeper to kill two more. After that we will rest once more back to full and it should be enough to wipe out the commanders which will leave just the king to try and kill which should be a easy task for the two of us working together. he informs his Rival and ally about the battle plan.

Pinball nodded, but his heart wasn't in it. He had killed the elf out of mercy. There was no way the creature would have won, even if Pinball did his best to try and let it win. He knew they were just pixels - programs, destined to die, be reborn, then die again in an endless loop. But even then Pinball couldn't help but feel sorry. Even then, when in his heart he believed that the Treants were in the right on this, he still felt sorry for his enemy. The words of the Elvish Soldier had cut him deep. They had seemed too human to the soft hearted boy. He tried his best to push it out of his mind. "Alright," he stretched, staring into the distance, "let's get right down to the nitty gritty of it." After that, Pinball didn't say a word. He let his body fall forward, and he hit the ground face first with a dull thud. He didn't move, he didn't speak. Pinball was laughing on the inside, at the sheer absurdity of it, but he remained an emotionless on the shell on the outside... adding to the humor of it, in his opinion. 

EN Rec: 1/3

He rolls his eyes at his Rival's attempt at comedy once more as he forces the man up onto his feet and then quickly backing out of the way of a sword that aimed at his and Pinball's head a moment to soon as a elf appears with a glare in its eyes alongside another elven creature as he just grins at these pathetic being as he lets go of Pinball and lets himself be covering in the energy that is All Might once more ready to knock the two creature out of the ball park with a singular hit of destructive power. he looks at the one elf that dared attack him as he punches it in the side and with a scream of pain the elven NPC dies with a singular blow as Mars just has a bored expression on his face as he cleans his hands of the hit. your turn Pinball hit this thing please so we can advance towards the Commanders. he tells his Rival.

#96319  BD:5+3=8  -16 ENG

- Enemies - 

- Players - 

[H:0] Mars: 420/420 HP | 20/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

[H:0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 20/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 7 DMG 

@Pinball

Edited by Mars

Pinball nodded, surprised that Mars wanted to reenter combat so quickly. With a shrug, he twirled his spear so that the weapon was comfortable in his hands. He watched as Mars successfully finished off the first Elven Soldier. Now, it was up for Pinball to take care of the final monster. Rushing through the remains of Mars' defeated soldier, crystals scattered in the air. His weapon shined with the activation of a sword art. It was a good thing that his energy had recovered so quickly, otherwise, he wouldn't have been able to activate Dimension Stampede. His Sword Art completely obliterated the poor mob. With the sound of glass breaking the elf shattered, and Pinball turned to meet Mars with a stare. "Well, that's that," he shrugged. "What do we have to do next? Let's rest until our energy is recovered, and then we can hunt the next monster or whatever down.

-----------------------

ID# 96573 

BD: 4+3=7 (Hit)  MD: 9 (Crit+1)  DEAD

Combat - Dimension Stampede 

Pinball attacks Elvish Soldier 2 - 

7*15= 105 = 30 = 75 DMG

-17 ENG

- Enemies - 

Elvish Soldier 2: 0/65 HP | 30 MIT | 15 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:0] Mars: 420/420 HP | 20/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

[H:1] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 3/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 7 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

We will rest for a little bit once more, and then we will fight the commander that was leading this soldiers. After that it will just leave the king to end his reign over these pathetic little elven creatures. then we can beat the quest and allow this war to continue for the next bunch who decide to either help out the elves, or the treants. he says in a calm tone of voice to his ally. As he leans against a tree and allows his energy to recover a third already as he glances towards his familiar that is spitting fire at the trees as he chuckles figuring that it is trying to find a Treant to insult and destroy as he then grins a thought entering his mind. Why destroy one of the races. When he can kill off both of them for being a nuisance on the entire floor. He then sighs sadly at that, and knows that would require him to do both quests and the game won't allow him to do so. That ruining what could be a rather fun challenge if he could.

Pinball looked over to Mars with a curious look on his face, then back to the floor. He didn't answer, rather continue to think about the Elven Soldiers they had killed. Defeated, he corrected himself. You defeated them. They aren't realEven then, he couldn't help but feel terrible. Of course, he would feel absolutely terrible either side he chose. Both races were defending their homes, and now that he knew that, the more he hated this quest. It wasn't a test of morality, nor was it a test of judgement. It was just another obstacle put up for a player to overcome. There was no right or wrong here, and he was sure that whether he chose to side with the Treants or with the Elves, it would be equally as rewarding quest-wise. Pinball shook his head. This is stupid. It just asks you to choose the side you sympathize with most. 

EN: 1/3 

Edited by Pinball