[F01] «Earning a Living»

Floor 1
<<Earning a Living: Blacksmith>>
Recommended Level: Any | Party Limit: 4
Repeatable Only to Change Professions
Credit: @Itzal / @Spencer

Cerdic Leighton (Master Blacksmith NPC)
"A blacksmith, eh? Well, you've come to the right place!" A man standing over an anvil and wielding an impressive smithing hammer greets you with a hearty guffaw. "May not be the easiest or prettiest lifestyle, but the ole' anvil won't let you down when you need some sturdy weapons and armors." A few loud clangs ring out through the smithy as Cerdic drives the flat of his hammer into the red-hot metal of a straight-sword in progress, "Tell you what. Go scrounge up five pieces of ore and I'll show you how to use 'em along with a hammer of your own. There should be plenty in the caves past the southern forest--heck, you may even find some layin' around half-buried in the dirt! Just bring 'em here and we'll make you into a proper blacksmith." Cerdic nods with another boisterous laugh.

Rewards:

• 1 Additional SP (First EaL Completion Only)
  • <<Blacksmith>> Profession
  • Successfully Crafted Item
  • Standard <<Blacksmith>> Shop (Able to have a Blacksmith thread in the Merchants & Shops section)
  • (5) Tier 1 crafting materials

Objectives:

• Gather (5) materials and bring them to Cerdic's smithy.
    • Go into the wild and gain materials through any standard means (gathering, fishing, combat). Non-combat gathering is recommended for this task.
  • Craft an item in Cerdic's smithy.
    • Make a standard Crafting Roll (Dice Roller Tutorial). Specify the item type in the Roll Purpose (must be a Tier 1 item). Use the Crafting Die Chart for a Rank 1 Blacksmith:
      • [1] = Critical Fail (Lose materials)
      • [2-5] = Fail (Lose materials)
      • [6-9] = Salvage (Keep materials on LD 11+)
      • [10] = Uncommon item (1 slot)
      • [11] = Rare item (2 slots)
      • [12] = Perfect item (3 slots)
    • Submit the successfully crafted item for Evaluation.
    • NOTE: You keep the item you craft as a reward for completing the quest, as well as any leftover materials. For example, your first crafting attempt has an 11 CD result. You submit a rare item for Evaluation and keep that item and the remaining four crafting materials. This is in addition to the 5 crafting materials listed in the quest rewards. You are permitted to roll as many times within a single post as it takes to make a successful craft.

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • Players must RP searching for materials and crafting their item.
  • If a party of players undertakes this quest together (as in, each player wishes to become a blacksmith), each must succeed on their own objectives (e.g. each must gather 5 materials and successfully craft 1 item).
  • Accompanying players who are not undertaking the quest do not have to gather their own materials and are ineligible for quest rewards.

Floor 1
<<Earning a Living: Tailor>>

Rufus Textillion (Master Tailor NPC)
"Why Hello there! My name is Rufus, and I'd love to show you around if you got the time." The man seems to know how to dress, Rufus' clothing scream fashion, and you can't help but notice the expert sewing that went into the clothing he is wearing. He beckons you back to his work station, hoping you would follow. "Now, this is where I make my latest in fashion, maybe you could use some help with it yourself,"He says and gives the player a quick look up and down, "Blast it! I have completely run out of materials to show you what I am talking about, the process is so beautiful, and the clothing that comes out is amazing... Wait! You seem like you can take care of yourself, would you mind searching for some for me? I can even show you how to craft the best fashion around the world! I would just need five materials, sounds easy right?"

Rewards:

• 1 Additional SP (First Completion Only)
  • <<Tailor>> Profession
  • Standard <<Tailor>> Shop (Able to have a Tailor thread in the Merchants & Shops section)

Objectives:

• Gather (5) materials and bring them to Rufus' Sewing Station.
    • Go into the wild and gain materials through any standard means (gathering, fishing, combat). Non-combat gathering is recommended for this task.
  • Craft an item in Rufus' Sewing Station.
    • Make a standard Crafting Roll (Dice Roller Tutorial). Specify the item type in the Roll Purpose (must be a Tier 1 item). Use the Crafting Die Chart for a Rank 1 Tailor:
    • NOTE: You keep the item you craft as a reward for completing the quest, as well as any leftover materials. For example, your first crafting attempt has an 11 CD result. You submit a rare item for Evaluation and keep that item and the remaining four crafting materials. This is in addition to the 5 crafting materials listed in the quest rewards. You are permitted to roll as many times within a single post as it takes to make a successful craft.

Requirements:

• If a party of players undertakes this quest together (as in, each player wishes to become a blacksmith), each must succeed on their own objectives (e.g. each must gather 5 materials and successfully craft 1 item).
  • Accompanying players who are not undertaking the quest do not have to gather their own materials and are ineligible for quest rewards.

Floor 1
<<Earning a Living: Artisan>>

Malachi Ringly (Master Artisan NPC)
"Finally, got that done- Oh hello, what do you want? Oh! You want to learn how to be an Artisan? I'm on a very tight schedule, but I suppose I can take time out of it to help you, but you must be a quick learner." Malachi walks off without another word, disappearing into the back. Following the Artisan, the player sees lots of gems twinkling in the light, spinning from a small breeze coming from the entrance of the store. He catches your eye looking at them, and decides that maybe you actually want to be one. "Listen, I can spare sometime to help you out, watch me very carefully, I will only do this once." With that, he goes to his work station and reaches for a gem in a box, but the box is empty. "What! I'm about to be behind schedule! What am I going to d- You! If you want to learn about being an Artisan, go out and get me five materials for my crafts. And Hurry!"

Rewards:

• <<Artisan>> Profession
  • Standard <<Artisan>> Shop (Able to have an Artisan thread in the Merchants & Shops section)

Objectives:

• Gather (5) materials and bring them to Malachi's Jeweler.
  • Craft an item in Malachi's Jeweler.
    • Make a standard Crafting Roll (Dice Roller Tutorial). Specify the item type in the Roll Purpose (must be a Tier 1 item). Use the Crafting Die Chart for a Rank 1 Artisan:
    • NOTE: You keep the item you craft as a reward for completing the quest, as well as any leftover materials. For example, your first crafting attempt has an 11 CD result. You submit a rare item for Evaluation and keep that item and the remaining four crafting materials. This is in addition to the 5 crafting materials listed in the quest rewards. You are permitted to roll as many times within a single post as it takes to make a successful craft.

Requirements:

• If a party of players undertakes this quest together (as in, each player wishes to become an artisan), each must succeed on their own objectives (e.g. each must gather 5 materials and successfully craft 1 item).

Floor 1
<<Earning a Living: Alchemist>>

Evangeline Calora (Master Alchemist NPC)
"Hello Dear, I see you are in need of a profession, may I interest you in Alchemy?" She smiles sweetly and leaves here tent, a small vial of rainbow colored liquid pulsating in her hand. "Now, I know it may seem very sciencey and scary, but I believe you can do it! And I hope you feel the same way." She beckons the player into her tent to show them the way she crafts, her movements are very elegant and precise, her age shows that she is very wise in what she is doing. "Now, I can teach you all about it sweety, but I seem to have ran out of some of my precious materials to give you a how-to on crafting, would you be a dear and run off to get me some? I think all I need is five, and I can help you on your way!" She smiles a sweet smile, she seems to be happy someone wants to follow in on her noble profession.

Rewards:

• <<Alchemist>> Profession
  • Standard <<Alchemist>> Shop (Able to have an Alchemist thread in the Merchants & Shops section)

Objectives:

• Gather (5) materials and bring them to Evangeline's Laboratory.
  • Craft an item in Evangeline's Laboratory.
    • Make a standard Crafting Roll (Dice Roller Tutorial). Specify the item type in the Roll Purpose (must be a Tier 1 item). Use the Crafting Die Chart for a Rank 1 Alchemist:

Requirements:

• If a party of players undertakes this quest together (as in, each player wishes to become an alchemist), each must succeed on their own objectives (e.g. each must gather 5 materials and successfully craft 1 item).

Floor 1
<<Earning a Living: Cook>>

Maggie Spatulin (Master Cook NPC)
"What do you want- Oh you want to learn how to be a cook! Yay! I love teaching adventures, follow me! Hurry, come on, we don't have all day." The woman basically drags the player to the back room of the restaurant they are in, pushing open doors, and entering into a large, clean white kitchen. On every stove there seems to be something cooking, and each smell is better than the last. The woman is already picking at a piece of a crepe, trying it, and smiling at the taste of it. "Now I hope you know I'm very serious about this, so I must show you how exactly to cook it. Follow my EVERY step and you'll be one of the best cooks there are, but not better than me." She said with a look and went to go cook, but realized that there are no more ingredients. "Sorry about this, this never happens, but the cooks have officially ran dry of materials. Go get me five more ingredients, then I will know you want to be a cook just like your dear Maggie here."

Rewards:

• <<Cook>> Profession
  • Standard <<Cook>> Shop (Able to have a Cook thread in the Merchants & Shops section)

Objectives:

• Gather (5) materials and bring them to Maggie's Kitchen.
  • Craft an item in Maggie's Kitchen.
    • Make a standard Crafting Roll (Dice Roller Tutorial). Specify the item type in the Roll Purpose (must be a Tier 1 item). Use the Crafting Die Chart for a Rank 1 Cook:

Requirements:

• If a party of players undertakes this quest together (as in, each player wishes to become a cook), each must succeed on their own objectives (e.g. each must gather 5 materials and successfully craft 1 item).

Floor 1
<<Earning a Living: Performer>>

Alyssa Singular (Master Performer NPC)
You catch the woman mid singing in her studio, the singing echos throughout the room, her beautiful voice a surround sound effect in the room. She turns to you and smiles sweetly. "Hello there, I do hope you enjoyed my singing, I love singing for others, and I see you are here, would you like to learn how to bring enjoyment to others in terms of singing? I would love to help you."  She smiles and beckons you closer, the studio that she is in is a quaint one, with not much in it. Her modest work station shows in her modest looks, but she is still beautiful. "Now, I will start to record a song, and you can watch me and take notes on how to sing, the vocalization of words is key in making a good product." She smiles and reaches for a crystal, but notices that there are none there. "Oh no! I have completely ran out, would you be a dear and gather five materials for me? I can still sing, but making a recording crystal will only work with materials. Thank you very much."

Rewards:

• <<Performer>> Profession
  • Standard <<Performer>> Shop (Able to have a Performer thread in the Merchants & Shops section)

Objectives:

• Gather (5) materials and bring them to Alyssa's Studio.
  • Craft an item in Alyssa's Studio.
    • Make a standard Crafting Roll (Dice Roller Tutorial). Specify the item type in the Roll Purpose (must be a Tier 1 item). Use the Crafting Die Chart for a Rank 1 Performer:

Requirements:

• If a party of players undertakes this quest together (as in, each player wishes to become a performer), each must succeed on their own objectives (e.g. each must gather 5 materials and successfully craft 1 item).

Floor 1
<<Earning a Living: Merchant>>

Billy (Master Merchant NPC)
"Hey you wanna learn how to cheat the sy- I mean make good sales? Follow me." You almost don't notice him, the child that is standing in front of you. He is around the age of 12 or 13, but almost seems more mature for his age than other young kids that you have met. He beckons you forward, and considering it's a kid, nothing really seems that suspicious about him. He enters a small room next to a bigger inn, looks very small to be a shop, but a shop still exists some how. He has you follow him into the back, where he has items littered all around, the combined stats on all of them are astronomical. "If you really want to learn how to be a Merchant, you have to be crafty and smart for this. You best know what you are doing. I'll show you how to identify an it- No! I'm all out." The kid pouts for a bit, then stops and turns to you."Go get me some more, around 3, so I can show you how to do this." The kid pouts again and crosses his arms.

Rewards:

• <<Merchant>> Profession
  • Successfully Identified Item (Choose 1 from the three that are identified)
  • Standard <<Merchant>> Shop (Able to have a Merchant thread in the Merchants & Shops section)
  • (1,000) Col

Objectives:

• Gather (3) items and bring them to Billy's Shop.
    • Go into the wild and find 3 Unidentified items. Use a combination of LD/CD on three separate rolls to determine what you find:
      • Loot Dice (1-10) = Uncommon Item
      • Loot Dice (11-17) = Rare Item
      • Loot Dice (18-20) = Perfect Item

• Crafting Dice (1-3) = Weapon
      • Crafting Dice (4-6) = Armor
      • Crafting Dice (7-9) = Shield
      • Crafting Dice (10-12) = Consumable
  • Identify (3) items in Billy's Shop.
    • Make a standard Loot Roll (Dice Roller Tutorial). Specify the item type in the Roll Purpose (must be a Tier 1 item). Use the Loot Die Chart for a Rank 1 Merchant
      • Weapons
        • [1-2] = Taunt
        • [3-6] = Accuracy
        • [7-10] = Paralyze
        • [11-14] = Bleed
        • [15-20] = Damage
      • Heavy Armor
        • [1-4] = Regen
        • [5-8] = Heavy Momentum
        • [9-13] = Thorns
        • [14-20] = Mitigation
      • Light Armor
        • [1-3] = Regen
        • [4-6] = Recovery
        • [7-10] = Light Momentum
        • [11-15] = Evasion
        • [16-20] = Mitigation
      • Shields
        • [1-2] = Recovery
        • [3-5] = Taunt
        • [6-8] = Regen
        • [9-11] = Paralyze
        • [12-15] = Thorns
        • [16-20] = Mitigation
      • Consumables
        • [1-3] Vitality
        • [4-6] Protein
        • [7-9] HP Recovery
        • [10-12] Mitigation
        • [13-15] Damage
        • [16-18] Over-health (Crystal)
        • [19-20] Mass HP Recovery (Crystal)
    • Pick and submit one of the successfully identified items for Evaluation.
    • NOTE: You keep the item you identify as a reward for completing the quest.

Requirements:

• Players must RP searching for items and identifying their items.
  • If a party of players undertakes this quest together (as in, each player wishes to become a merchant), each must succeed on their own objectives (e.g. each must find and identify 3 items).
  • Accompanying players who are not undertaking the quest do not have to gather their own items and are ineligible for quest rewards.
Edited by NIGHT
Quest has been updated for clarity. - NIGHT
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...