[ SP - F01 ] Cooks, Behold! << Earning a Living >>

'Earning a Living' Quest : 

Spangie entered the small restaurant, its lovely fragrence entering her nostrils immediately. "It smells wonderful," she sighed happily, stepping closer to a counter, where a middle aged woman stood, wiping the counter with a damp rag. "Ah! Hello. Are you the owner of this fine establishment?" Spangie asked sweetly. It certainly is a wonderful place, I don't think I've ever been in a place that smelled so good, real life or in game. I wonder what she cooks here. She thought to herself, spacing out for a few seconds before gaining her conscious and returning back to [ Virtual ] reality. 

The woman stopped cleaning and looked up at her. "Well I sure am! How can I help you today? Lunch? Maybe a crepe or two?" She babbled on about different kinds of foods. The NPC stopped, looking at Spangie again. "Ah sorry! I ramble a lot."

"No, no it's okay. All that sounds good but I'd like for you to teach me how to be a cook?" she said eying a few customers who were eating happily at tables. It's so nice here. I want to open a restaurant like this! Bake some pretty cupcakes and cookies! She smiled sweetly to herself.

"Ah, I'd love to! Yeah, just come with me!" She said, taking your arms and basically dragging you to the kitchen. More smells of lovely food entered her nose again. Can it smell any better? It certainly smells like heaven! "Here we are!"

Edited by Spangie

They were standing in a ridiculously large kitchen. All pots and pans seemed to have something boiling, frying or cooking in them. Wow.. everything looks so well made! She said, eyeing a few dishes on a nearby counter. "Everything here looks absolutely gorgeous," Spangie said to the NPCIf food looked this yummy in real life, everyday would be a good day. She sighed happily, spacing out on a plate that held a small omelette.

"Why thank you!" The NPC said happily, "Oh shoot, I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Maggie Spatulin!" The woman gave a curt nod and held out her hand Spangie. What a polite NPC. Well I do guess they're all like this. 

The blonde gave a warm smile, "Nice to meet you Maggie, my name is Spangie," she joyously took Maggie's hand and shook it gently.

"Why aren't you just the sweetest thing?" Maggie said grinning and went back to looking around her kitchen. "Say, we're high and dry out of materials. Tell you what, if you can get me five materials and help me make a crepe, I'll give it to you for free!" Maggie said, a toothy smile plastered on her face. Out of materials?

Edited by Spangie

"W-wait. Really? I mean I'd love to help you!" she gaped in awe at the NPC"Just five right? That shouldn't be too hard," She gave a thumbs up at Maggie. "If its that easy, I don't love to do it!" only a few moments later a small notification popped up in front of her.

You Have Accepted The

' Earning a Living ' Quest! 

She clapped her hands together. "I'll get you those materials in no time splat!" she said, her grin growing wider. It would be totally worth it if I get to have one of her crepes! And maybe I can open my own little cafe too! Her mind buzzed with excitement.

"Well don't keep me waiting, shoo!" Maggie chuckled and pushed Spangie out of the kitchen. "Now go!" She pointed out the front door with a grin. Spangie nodded enthusiastically and rushed out of the restaurant. Yay! This'll be exciting!

Edited by Spangie

Spangie was halfway through town when she came to a sudden halt. "What would you need to make a crepe?" she squinted, rubbing her chin. Eggs.. fruit.. you would need milk or butter but how would you get those in here? I could try to find some kind of egg.. she clicked her tongue and shrugged. Eh, I'll just wing it. She started running out of town with her usual grin. She stopped again once she reached the entrance/exit of town. Maybe I should look near the lakes. I haven't checked stuff there yet. She nodded her head and walked slowly northeast. I can actually cook food if I finish this quest! she clapped her hands together in excitement. 

Eventually she started to see large bodies of water, seeing creatures that were similar to creatures you would see on a real lake, but just more unusual. She peered around each area, seeing if anything was useful to her. She eventually found something extra unusual, a small wild strawberry patch. The strawberry patch looked regular at first, she realized. Strawberries don't usually grow in this environment.. do they? She shrugged and picked a small handful.

Spoiler

ID : 97076

Roll : 19, Success!

Edited by Spangie

"I wonder what this crepe will taste like.. " she said to herself, examining the strawberries. She sighed, shaking her head. The things this game makes me do. She smiled and placed the material in her inventory. "Eh, I'm sure it will be great!" she said cheerfully and resumed walking around the bodies of water. She walked around aimlessly for a couple of minutes before sighing. "Now I can't find anything.." she huffed, walking a bit quicker. I really want to open a shop. It'd be so fun! she thought , her excitement bubbling again she walked around a bit more. Her hands clapped together. "I'll tr- No! I will finish this quest!" she spoke in a determined tone.

With still no prevail of materials, she kept on marching. Imagine all the things I can make when I become a cook! she thought excitedly, her mind swirling with anxiety. She started spinning in circles of her own fantasies. Cookies, cakes, cupcakes, so many pastries! she thought a little too happily.

Spoiler

ID : 97077

Roll : 6, Fail

Edited by Spangie

"Spangie, day one billion, still haven't found any materials.. yay.." she gave the worlds most saddest jazz hands and sighed. Maybe the world doesn't want me to become a cook? she thought sadly. Her head and arms dropped, a sad sigh escaped from her vocal cords. All of a sudden, her posture grew straighter and she bumped her fist into the air. "No! I am going to finish this! And I am going to be a great cook!" she yelled into the empty air. She started running into a different direction, waving her hands in the air randomly. After a while of running, she finally grew tired and stopped, nearly collapsing from exhaustion. 

"Now that that is taken care of, lets get going!" she said to herself, her automatic grin sewn to her face. I don't care if this world or any world doesn't want me to become a cook! I live my own life, not you universe! she screamed in her head. A happy glow emitted form her as she strolled carelessly down the terrain. I feel like nothing can hurt me here.. she sighed blissfully. 

Spoiler

ID : 97080

Roll : 2, Fail

Spangie spun around the scenery peacefully. If only I could capture this, oh how my hands are just itching for pen or pencil! She cried in her head. "Nothing can compare to this.." she breathed, taking in the sight in front of her. The sun was high above her head and the light was reflected off most of the lakes, truly a sight to die for. Maybe, there's some kind of bird that lays eggs here..? She thought warily as she stepped around the sandy edge of a lake. "Maybe some kind of water bird live she here?"

Just as she said it, her foot hit something small on the ground. She looked down to see a smal nest, a birds nest. She had to clamp her hands over her mouth to stop her from shrieking in excitement. As she collected her cool, she bent down to observe the nest. Only two eggs remained in it. I don't want to.. such life.. she clenched her teeth together. They're not real, just take them.. her mind said. she took a sharp breath and snatched the eggs up in a quick action.

Spoiler

ID : 97090

Roll : 17, Success!

She sprinted away as fast as she could, hoping not to have issues with the parents of the eggs. Ahhh, I feel so terrible! What am I going to do? Should I return these? No.. ugh I'm going to have to keep them. She sighed and stored the eggs in her inventory. "If they're fake, why do I feel so bad?" she muttered, walking in a different direction again. It could've hatched into something beautiful.. she smiled sadly at her thoughts. And you killed it. A quick frown forming upon her face. This is why I became a vergertarian. She attempted to lighten herself up with a joke.

"No matter, let's go.." her voice was cheery yet a tang of grief and gloom filled it. She traveled for a good twenty minutes, not finding anything. What else would you need to make a crepe.. oh I hope she'll supply the butter and milk.. maybe some fruit? That's goes all with crepes. She wondered to herself.

Spoiler

ID : 97091

Roll : 11 + 3 = 14, Fail

Edited by Spangie

Spangie sat on a fallen log, pondering to herself. If I can really finish this quest, where would I want it? Floor 3? It's really wonderful there.. she smiled to herself as she drew some pictures with a stick. A bird with two tails, a dragon that held the dear princess in a tall tower, a knight in shining armor. She sighed to herself. Who will be my knight in shining armor? Am I too weird to have one? She gave a small chuckle to herself.

Its been another twenty minutes she's has last looked for any material. Just a break.. she puffed her cheeks. She continued to draw more, a large pirate ship with sails as high as the sky, a wicket serpent, a large kraken.. Me and my fantasies.. she gave a small yet soft smile. Will people remember me when I come back? Did my parents lose hope? What happened to those bullies and teasers..? her eyes grew sad at the thought of being bullied again. What will happen to me?

Spoiler

ID : 97143

Roll : 7 + 3 = 10, Fail

Edited by Spangie

Spangie sighed as she walked carelessly around the lakes. Why can't I find anything? She sighed. A little disappointed at her luck, she continued marching down the lake. Maybe I should wait it out again? She shoo, her head. No.. I took a break only a few hours ago. Hours.. how long have I been out here? She looked up at the sky, it was already pale yellow and bright orange. How long have I been out here? Maybe 6 hours? I remember leaving around noonish.. she puffed, too determined to care.

An hour later, she still couldn't find anything. Maybe I should go back to town to go to sleep? She put her hands on her hips. No, that'd take too much to get here me back. I can try pulling na all nighter, she inhaled. Just like college. She thought to herself as she trudged down the grassy rims. Just like college.

Spoiler

ID : 97146

Roll : 5 + 3 = 8, Fail

Edited by Spangie

Spangie stumbled upon a small tree as the sky grew darker. Fruit tree? was her first thought when she found it. It's just randomly plopped here. she looked around her. This was the only tree you could probably see in a miles distance. She looked up, finding the tree in fact did bear fruit. It was the color of an apple, but it had a shape of a mango. It looks good.. I guess.. she thought. Ah, but its so high upp.. she whined. The tree was a good three meters up the ground, making Spangie incapable of just jumping to get it. She poked her cheek with agitation before pointing up. "Aha! I have an idea!" she looked up and down at the tree. There were several branches sprouting from the trunk, each looking sturdy enough to support her weight.

She huffed and climbed determinedly up the tree. I remember climbing trees when I was young, I'm pretty sure I can do it now. she thought as she scrambled up its branches. Only a meter away from a apple-mango, she reached her hand as far as she can, just barely grabbing it by the base. "Yesss!" she screamed in delight, only before she fell down the tree, plummeting down to the ground.

Spoiler

ID : 97147

Roll : 17 + 3 = 20, Success!

Edited by Spangie

A few seconds of just laying on the ground, Spangie sprung up. "I'm okay!" she chirped to no one.. A few more seconds and I wouldn't have gotten this.. she said, looking at the fruit in her hand. Its juts redder than a normal mango I guess? she shrugged and placed it in her inventory. "That means I have two left! Yay!" she said excitedly. I have to work extra hard to find those materials then! she huffed, clapping her hands together. She gave in one last inhale and exhale before marching off. My shop is so close I can feel it! She closed her eyes and twirled around excitedly. What else could I be looking for? She pondered as she edged closer to a small lake.

Her reflection was pooled across it. Do I look the same? she sighed. Her eyes peering to the other sides of the lake, she saw something she had never seen before. "Sugar canes?" she said out loud, squinting her eyes at them. They are definitely sugar canes. she thought as she sprinted closer to them. Once she had reached them, she examined them a little closer. Nothing unusual, just plain sugar canes. she nodded her head and picked one up. It wasn't a very large one to be in fact, they were actually quite small. Sugar canes a sugar cane. She sighed and placed it in her inventory.

Spoiler

ID : 97148

Roll : 17 + 3 = 20, Success!

Edited by Spangie

One more to go, yay! She said happily in her head. Hopefully I can get this over with so me and Maggie can make the dang crepe! she squeezed the skin on her forehead. I'm already getting tired. Sighing, she treaded forward. Only a few minutes later the real torture began. "Aghhhhh! I can find anythingggg!" she ran her hands down her face. "What the heckkk?" she screamed so loud that a few critters skittered away from her. Why did thy make gathering so hard? She cried in her head. For another hour, Spangie would just walk around, grumbling to herself, kicking few objects away from her.

"Maybe I should just take a break again," she muttered to herself, finding a grass filled spot, she sat down. She only stared blankly into the distance for a few minutes before falling back. A soft thud could be heard as her back impacted the soft grass. I'm going to finish this today, but lemme just take another break.

Spoiler

ID : 97149

Roll : 8 + 3 = 11, Fail

Edited by Spangie

Spangie smiled softly as the sky slowly turned dark and darker. Maybe I should start looking for materials again. She sighed, a small puff of disagreement escaped her vocal chords. I have tom if I want this to be finished today. She heaved upward, the grass wavering as he body left it. She sprang onto her legs and strolled down the meadow-ish terrain, the lakes were now dark with no light left to reflect upon it. "Maybe there's some other fruit I can find around here?" she wondered out loud. Her eyes scanned the area, a few small bushes and there, some containing berries. Wait.. berries?!

Spangie nearly choked as she spotted the bush full of berries, raspberries most likely. She quickly dashed over to it, observing and examining it. "Oh my god.. I found the last one," she cupped her hands over her mouth and gave a high pitched squeal. Finally! She quickly gathered a handful of berries and stored them in her inventory. "This means I can go back to Maggie!" she said in a bubbly tone.

Spoiler

ID : 97150

Roll : 14 + 3 = 17, Success!

She instantly dashed towards the town, excitement being her only fuel. Seeing the town in the distance, she only ran faster. So close! she breathed out heavy gasps as she arrived at the entrance of town. Not even stopping, she ran towards Maggie's restaurant. Bursting through the doors of the café, she came to a halt, taking in every gulp of air she can. "I'm done.. I'm done.." she breathed heavily. I've got the materials.. she wanted to say, but her voice didn't allow her so.

Maggie, was holding several empty plates and bowls rushed over to her stood with wide eyes. She set them on a nearby counter and rushed over to Spangie. "Good lord, are you okay Spangie?" Spangie looked up to her and smiled, thankful to hear another voice and face. "Are you done with gathering honey?" Maggie asked, a small smile appeared on her lips. Spangie nodded violently and stood a bit straighter. "Good, good! Come here with me then!" Maggie said in a delighted voice and dragged her to the kitchen. 

Spangie, finally being able to regain her voice again let out a delighted sigh. "You said we're going to make a crepe right?" a smile appeared at her lips. Maggie would be a wonderful friend if she wasn't an NPC.. she thought sadly. Do NPC's have flaws? Is that why I don't feel uncomfortable around them? A tinge of wonder swept though her mind.

"We sure are!" Maggie said brightly, putting both hands on her hips. "Now why don't you bring out those materials you spent all day looking for?" The cook pointed to a nearby plate, perfectly clean and pure white. "Put them on there and let's see what you've got!" she said to Spangie in a gentle yet firm tone.

"Uh.. sure!" Spangie grinned brightly, taking out each item one by one. The strawberries, egg, mango-apple thingy, sugar cane, and the raspberries were all in the large plate in a matter of seconds. "Is this good enough? I didn't know how to get butter or milk so I was hoping you would already have them.." Spangie said sadly, poking a few of the items. I really hope I don't need to go out there again..

Maggie gave her a thumbs up. "Yup! It's great actually!" She said, eyeing the items on the plate. "You sure did a great job, you sure you're not a pro cook?" She put her hands on her hips, and smirked. "Cause you sure know how to gather, I'm impressed!" She said, ruffling Spangie's hair.

"Sorry to disappoint," she grinned. "But no, I'm not sadly," she giggled, batting Maggie's hand away. She clapped her hands together. "So how are we going to do this?" She said smiled, looking around kitchen. I guess she's going to help me do it? They wouldn't let me do this by myself right? She shook her head in attempt to rid the thought from her head. 

"I'll help ya through it, don't worry!" Maggie grinned at Spangie's expression but reassured her. "This'll be great!" Maggie said excitedly, almost like a little kid. I sure hope so.

I'm so close..

Edited by Spangie

Maggie carefully guided Spangie on how to make crepe. Sure there were a few twists and turns but Spangie soon got the hang of it in a few minutes. The blonde player found it surprisingly easy to cook in the game. I wish it was this easy to cook in the real world, things would be so much easier. Spangie thought as Maggie instructed her the steps. "Is it really this easy to cook?" Spangie had asked Maggie, who only gave a small smirk and shrug as a reply. Before long, the crepe was finished, successfully, completed and any other word that meant done. Spangie gave a huge grin at her creation. "Whoop! I did it!" the young woman, cheered, bumping her fist upward. Maggie only held a proud and gentle gaze as she watched Spangie cheer happily.

"Good job, don't you forget the skills I taught you today though," The NPC said, smirking at Spangie's enthusiasm.

Spangie placed a hand over hear heart. "I promise I won't!" Not ever.

Spoiler

ID : 97153

CD Roll : 10, Uncommon

LT Roll : 14 + 3 = 17, No Additional Items

Edited by Spangie

Maggie hugged Spangie so tightly that she swore that she was probably going to break her spine. "Awww! I'm so proud of you!" she said excitedly as Spangie placed the crepe in her inventory. "I'll miss having you around," she gave a fake sniffle, making Spangie give a small chuckle. "You were really fun to keep, but I have to let the little bird fly off," Maggie attempted to metaphorically say. 

Spangie gave a small giggle and hugged her back. "Aw, I'm going to miss you too!" she said, squeezing Maggie. "You better miss me!" she said jokingly, releasing Maggie from her grip. "I'll never forget you, okay?" she promised, holding her hand out to Maggie. I will honestly miss her, she's one of the few people I've actually talked to.. including NPCs.. she added the last part warily. 

"You are just the most adorable thing ever! Don't worry about ol' Maggie here though, I'll be alright."

"Nothing can stop this old cook," Maggie replied, shaking her hand and patting Spangie's back. "Now go be free! Open up your own shop, live!" she said, grinning. Reminds me of my parents when I left for college.. Spangie thought sadly, but sure enough, she nodded. 

"Of course, I wish you the best of luck!" Spangie said before bowing, "Goodbye!" she waved to Maggie -- which she had returned -- and left the restaurant. What do I do now? Spangie pondered as she walked out of the shop. Make a shop. Was her answer. Where to put it though.. I don't think there's much player owned shops in floor three.. Maybe there? She scratched her chin in question. She clapped her hands together. "Yeah, I'll make a shop in Floor three!" she smiled brightly, only a few seconds later did a pop up appear in front of her.

You Have Completed The 

' Earning a Living ' Quest!

Spangie dismissed it with a smile. I sure have. She thought happily, before skipping to her destination.