PP/F9) Earning the crystal, fighting the guardian<<Iron Guardian>>

Spoiler

Quest Objective - Player(s) must head West in order to try and find this boss. They must fight <<Iron Knights>> along the way in order to prepare them for the ultimate boss fight against the <<Iron Guardian>>, or so the broker says anyways. In order to complete the quest however, players must meet a few requirements in order to end the quest. The Broker must be killed one way or another. It is up to the player if they wish to attack them first for the item, then when killed, they become a player killer, OR they can have the broker attack first. This adds a special element of variety to everybody's threads as you can choose how it goes. Either way, the broker needs to be fought as well.

If the player chooses to return the item, then the Broker will think that the player/party is trying to lead him into a trap, where he will be killed and stolen from, in fear, he will then retaliate by attacking the leader of the party first, and then the fight continues normal from there on. The broker MUST have its own roll.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Page (21 or more posts)

-Players MUST defeat X amount of <<Iron Knights>> (X being 1 per player)

- Player(s) MUST defeat the <<Iron Guardian>>

- Player(s) MUST defeat the Broker

Iron Guardian Information:

<<Iron Guardian>> is a respawning Quest Boss and has the following statistics:

HP: 225

Damage per Attack: 200

Bleed, on a MD of 9 or 10, for 2 turns. Dealing 12 Damage per turn.

Thorns, Deals 12 Damage To Enemy if hit.

Iron Knight Information:

<<Iron Knight>> is a respawning Quest Mob and has the following statistics:

HP: 72

Damage per Attack: 120

Bleed, on a MD of 9 or 10, for 2 turns. Dealing 12 Damage per turn.

Thorns, Deals 12 Damage To Enemy if hit.

Mysterious Broker Information:

<<Mysterious Broker>> is a respawning Quest Boss and has the following statistics:

HP: 150

Damage per Attack: 200

Paralyze, on a MD of 9 or 10, for 1 turn.

Battle Healing, on a CD of 10 or higher, heals the Mysterious Broker 50 HP.

Rewards:

1. Party Leader will be gifted <<Crystal of Support>> A mass healing crystal that heals you and each member of your party for (30 * Target's Tier) HP.

2. 1 Skill Point

Parties of players are advised.

Recommended Level: 30

Sky walked onto the ninth floor, Silver right behind him. She hated this volcanic hell of a floor, it was so humid, and the temperate was way to high. He had heard about a quest for this, an iron guardian. It held an item that his healer, Eatos, could make good use of.... And hopefully with extra healing power she can relax easier and not stress so much. He wondered who else to message, then remembered that Hei was someone who was good at combat, and could easily hold his own aganst this... well harder quest. This was a quest for someone his level... and Hei hadn't even hit Tier two yet. This was going to be dangerous.... He sighed, hoping he could make this work.

Hey Eatos, come to the ninth floor. I'm doing the Iron Guardian Quest, its a high level one and i'm gunna need some help. It will get you a healing crystal which will let you heal a full party for a bit

He sent that message to Eatos, then sent one to Hei.

Hei, i need your help with a quest on the Ninth floor, its a high level quest, but we should be good if we get Eatos to come and take it easy, hope you show up 

With that, he sat down, patting his overheating Wolf. 

@Hei @Eatos @Hydra

Spoiler

Level 31

Skills/Mods

Light Armor RK 1
Martial Arts RK5
Concentration
Survival
Ferocity
Accuracy Familiar RK 3

Equipment

Starlit Shield + 3 EVA (Light Armor)
Aura of the Guardian +54 Mit (Heavy armor)
Accursed Souls + 6 DMG (Gauntlet Weapons)

BR Inventory

2 TP Crystals
Health Potion (T1)
Sand Armor
Snake Venom

Stats

620 HP
62 EN
15 DMG (3 Base + 5 Sword Art + 6 Gloves + 1 Ferocity)
3 ACC
3 EVA
59 Mit (4 Light Armor, 54 armor)

Hei had just been looking through he few consumables he had left after he had to use multiples in one battle when he had gained his fishing skill. - I wonder which of them would be helpful for the future, let's take these potions I got from the beginner quests, they might be useful. It's never bad to have a little more HP or deal some more damage.  And I should take the natures will with me, as I don't have any healingpotions left -  and so he put together his new battelready items, not as many or as powerful as his earlier collection, but probably good to go. He had just finished this task when a message from Stryder appeared and asked him to come to the ninth floor for some difficult quest.

Hei would be going in a few moments, just collecting his battle gear, but he quickly wrote a message, just so Stryder knew he was on his way. Hey Stryder, nice to hear from you. Of course I'll be there, just wait a short moment so I can get there. By the way, what type of floor is the ninth, I havn't been there before."

Spoiler

Hei: 520/520 HP | 52/52 Energy | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 9 DMG

Item Stats:
- Gae Bulg, Spear of Mortal Pain +3 DMG
-
Dragon's Eye +3 ACC
-
Scales of Speed +3 EVA
-
The Champions Robe +3 LD (vanity/ battleready items)

Battle Ready Items:
The Champions Robe (takes one, even when worn as vanity )
1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
Natures Blessing(3 charges) (Heals 30 HP)

Edited by Hei

Hydra frowned as he traversed the volcanic region of the ninth floor, of all of them this was by far the one he dreaded the most. It wasn't so much the scenery rather than the intense heat. He had never liked the sun, or bad smells for that matter. Whilst this sometimes lacked the former due to large amount of magma the heat made it a constant struggle to move about for extended periods of time. Still, he was determined to explore it a little more and there were a few quests he yet to had complete. 

The young spearman was currently adorned in his usual set of gear. Night-black armor and a shield with a deep shades of blue inlay and the various patterns of waves and serpents coiling around them. Truth be told neither pieces of equipment reflected the users personality, although he had tried to keep the armor design as simple as possible, even he couldn't resist a little adornment. In his left-hand he loosely held a short spear, again this had the pattern of water coiling around it although it was silver in colour, with a curved end. As he continued to roam he eventually caught sight of a figure in the distance and gave a small hum. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take a look." He finally sighed, beginning to make his way towards it. 

Spoiler

Level: 40

Skills/Mods:
Rank 5 (OHAS)
Athletics
Ferocity 
Charge 3
Heavy Armour 5
Concentration

Equipment:
Water Serpent's Fang (+6 DMG)
Water Serpent's Armor (+4 HM, 10 RGN)
Shield of the Drowned (+54 MIT)

Final Statistics:
Health: 830 (800 Base, +30 Athletics)
Energy: 80 (Base)

Damage: 13* (6 Base, +1 Ferocity, +6 Weapon)
Mitigation: 89 (54 Shield, +35 Armour)
Regeneration: 10

* Excluding bonuses from Charge and Heavy Momentum

Edited by Hydra

Eatos was at Frostbite Lake, down on her 4th floor, singing at the lake. It was a pastime the girl adored, it was just something she loved doing. Singing had always calmed her down, and of late, she had felt nervious. To finally escape and sing, and even spin in the snow as she did, had flooded her system with relief. Even Angel seemed to sense it and was simply sitting and watching her.

Of course, that’s when she heard the message noise. She slowly opened it, and frowned. After the discussion Stryder and her had, she was a tad surprised to receive something this soon. Then again..a..The girl smiled. Stryder, that young boy, was really looking out for her. Part of her knew she didn’t deserve it, but she pushed that thought away.

I’ll be there, I’m out at the lake so give me time’ The reply was simple, yet true. Even though she knew everyone throught she never left her bed.

The girl started to walk, Angel at her side. It felt, just so natural now. Whenever the bluenette went, that overprotective husky was by her side. Glancing at it as she casually walked through the snow wearing her black suit, she found it impossible not to smile. In a weird, weird, way. Sword Art Online wasn’t her home, wasn’t her real world. But it was close enough.  

Sky waited around the portal on the ninth floor, making sure to give Silver some attention as he awaited news from everyone he had invited. He wondered if they all would come.... Well, only really Hei and Eatos, but still. It didn't take long for Hei to respond to him, saying that he was coming. Something that was surprising was him asking if he hadn't been on this floor, which made him remember the first time he came here.... When he had punched Kyoto. He shivered, glad he didn't go orange from that event.

Its a volcanic floor, wear cool clothes 

He sent that message to Hei, then received one from Eatos, saying she would be there soon, but she was at the lake. He wondered why, hoping it was her calming down after there last encounter.... He really did wish he knew more about how to help someone, but he really didn't. But... He would get through to her eventually. He smiled, sending a message back to her.

Sounds good, get here when you can 

After that, he went over to a bit of shade, sitting down underneath it, luckily a high mountain was casting a slight shadow, and it kept him a little bit more sane.

Hei had already been on the way towards the teleportation platform when Stryders second massage had arrived. Quickly reading the few words Stryder had sent him, he scratched his head - Well, a volcanic floor, that sounds like it's gonna be hot up there. So I will just go without my normal cloths, just my armour will be as cool as my cloths ever get. - And so, once he arrived at the teleporter, he unequipped most of the cloth he wore, which left him with black shorts, the necklace that looked like a dragon eye and the green black scaled shoulder and arm armour, that only covered his left arm. He thought about keeping the cloak, but it would be a hindrance if it really was warm, and he hoped to not need the enhancement of it for the quest they were gonna do.

" Yōgan Village " he said, and the world around him disappeared for a short moment, just to be replaced by a village made of dark grey stone brick buildings, and the immense heat of the lava floor. Even with the survival skill active, it was hot on this floor, and first drops of sweat appeared on his head. - well, this is really a hot floor. I should thank Stryder for warning me - and so he stepped of the platform, that was the only building he could see that was not made from the dark grey to black stone. Having a look at the surroundings, he saw a figure with a white companion, probably a big dog or a wolf of kinds sitting where the mountains shadow was. Was that Stryder, he wondered and walked towards it, his spiky spear in hand.
Once he was able to see his friend, he walked over to him, waving
"Hey Stryder, nice to see you. And who is this, I didn't knew you had a familiar."

@Hydra

As Hydra walked towards the figure It soon dawned on him that he had back-tracked. He swore lightly under his breath as the path came into view, the shadows no more than a few players travelling to Yogan village. He paused momentarily thinking of his options, he could either try another floor or spend some time in the main settlement. He had yet to climb Mount Kazan as well. Which was known to have the highest peak on the floor. Hydra scratched his cheek before finally giving in to defeat. "Guess I'll head back..." Fortunately Yogan village was at the base of the volcano so was a good a place as any to start, it also happened to be where the teleportation device was an ideal location for general trade, talk or meeting others. In truth he still hadn't got used to being a green player again and oft' found himself paranoid of his surroundings. It would take some time before he was back to his normal self, although the scars would always remain. Without much more thought he headed to Yogan village before finally reaching the entrance to the village. 

@Eatos

The walk back to the town with Angel at her side had, honestly, been peaceful. It had, in so many ways, just reminded the girl of back home. It was something she missed, but Sword Art Online had, in many odd ways, become like home. It was far from standard, but she wasn’t scared for her life constantly anymore, so there was that?

Arriving up on the 9th floor, something in Eatos’ heard flinched. She knew this floor, she’d been her once before and it was far from a pleasant memory. She let out a sad sigh, it seemed, her life of late, was nothing but memories that haunted her. Why would here by any different? The weather, sucked, but thankfully, despite the heat, the girl managed to keep herself under control. She felt the Husky at her side whine, but she’d live.

Finding Stryder, and Hei with him, wasn’t too hard and the girl came up behind them. She heard Hei speak, but said nothing. She knew the answer, after all, she’d been there when they’d found the wolf. Instead, she simply took a look around incase anyone else was invited.

Sky smiled as silver moved to lay on him, laying right next to him as they hid in a bit of shade, then when she heard Hei come over she wimpered, quickly getting up nad moving behind Sky's head, who in response to seeing his wolf scared quickly jolted up, only to see Hei, and his body untensed. He smiled, giving her a little pat. 

"Don't worry Silver, this guy is a friend" He said to her, making her stop shivering, but the wolfess still hid behind him. "This is Silver, my familiar. I saved her from her own pack, which had been trying to kill her..." He replied to Hei, before standing up, Silver still hiding behind him a bit. "Made her very shy of others, she is even scared of Eatos, and she had helped me fight to free her" He said, and then about a minute after he said that he saw her.

"Speak of the devil and she shall appear, how are you" He said to her, smiling as he patted Silver, rubbing his hand along her head lovingly.

The white wolf had hid behind Stryder when he had come closer, and when Stryder had told him, that it was a she and he had saved her from her own pack, Hei slightly shook his head. That was a sad reason to find his familiar, but still it once again showed Stryders real him. He always helped everyone who had problems, and it seemed he didn't distinguish between players and NPCs. "That's not nice to hear, but really nice of you to save her, and I bet you get her to become more trusty once she understands we are all friends. And it's nice from Eatos as well to help you and Silver."  Hei said. He still hadn't managed to catch himself a familiar, but he was sure it wouldn't take him to long to find one for himself. After a minute or so Eatos showed up and Stryder asked her how she was. Hei just turned to her and added "Nice to see you Eatos, it's been a while."

It didn't take long before Hydra reached Yogan village. The whole place had an intimidating presence to it, majority of the buildings aside from the teleport gate were forged from cooled Obsidian, as dark as his armor. Then there was the fact it was at the base of a volcano and surrounded by magma. He hoped he would never be caught in a surprise event on this floor as it didn't take much of a guess to figure out what might happen. Aside from this buildings and NPCs the place was not the busiest, his footsteps echoed lightly as he moved through the centre of the village towards the gate, it was only when he reached an opening that a flash of silver caught his eye.

"Hmmm?" The spearman's eyes flickered over momentarily as the rest of his person paused. What came next created a slight spark of shock. It was not the Wolf familiar that had his attention but the owner, and one with other with him. Hydra remained still, frozen in place for a few more moments. Then without really thinking started walking towards the trio of players and the wolf. He didn't really know what to say, it had been some time since he had last seen a friend, still he was glad to see familiar faces. "Hey." Hydra spoke aloud tilting his head to one side and smiling kindly, "Long time no see..."

@Eatos

Hei, Stryder and herself. The Three leaders of the guild, it did make some sense why it was always them. They were the highest leveled players within the Guardians guild, and the item was worth the risk. A group healing item, when her healing was average at best. As long as no one died getting it, mission accomplished.  

Eatos smiled softly “I’m fine Stryder. It’s been a while since the three of us did, well…anything that wasn’t directly guild related. It feels nice to, well, get out of the store for a while” She said. In part it was a lie, but to escape the confines of her shop. It had started to turn into a prison of late, and one she could escape, albeit for a short time.

That’s when she heard a voice, one that was oddly familiar. Turning, it was…She blinked. The, the hell? Hydra?! “H-Hydra…” Eatos took a step forwards as if doubting him even being real “You…you’re back…You’re really…real?”

Hei for some reason, didn't seem... To impressed about how he had gotten his familiar. He just hoped that one day that he would kind of grow closer to Silver... If Silver ever let anyone get close to her other then himself. He sighed, but just decided to actually let it go. 

"Maybe eventually, but it might take awhile..." He says with a bit of a smile. Then..... well, he heard a voice he hadn't heard in a long time. A voice, that he never thought he would hear in his entire life, not again. Someone he used to know.... an old friend. He didn't know him that well, but he remembered him enough to remember the sound of his voice.

"Well, i'l be damned. I never thought i'd hear your voice again, Hydra!" He said, turning around to see his old friend. He turned his attention to eatos next, a little bit of a sigh as he heard her speak. It wasn't good to know she was still suffering. 

"It has been, especially since we are the three heads. We should do stuff more often."
(Sorry for the bad post, very tired)

Hei was not sure if what Eatos said was meant as a joke, or for real, but he had to nod and agree to what she said. It really had been to long for them to do something together. The last time they had just been out questing was when they fought the burning tiger, or was he forgetting something? No matter what, he wanted to tell her, that he felt the same, when he heard a voice he didn't recognise at all, but it seemed that both Eatos and Stryder knew the player it belonged to. - Should I know him too? - he wondered and tried to remember someone that sounded like him, but there was no one, until they used his name. - Hydra it is, I remember that he was part of the harbingers, but I never really got to know him, so I should introduce my self, but I'll wait to not interrupt them -

So when Stryder turned to Eatos, Hei turned to Hydra and nodded his way "Hey, nice to meet you. I am Hei and I was part of the Emerald Harbingers, but I never had the chance to meet you back then. "

"I'm real, and i'm no longer orange..." He responded to the pair, his voice quirking up. Once Hydra was done reaquainting himself with Stryder and Eatos he turned his attention to the third player who seemed to be waiting patiently. Hydra could not say he himself remembered the members of the Emerald Harbingers, in fact due to his position at the time he wasn't able to make that many of the meetings. Although he did attend one of them. Unfortunately it seemed the guild had fallen through since then. Hydra gave a slight bow to the player who introduced themselves as Hei, "Forgive me for interrupting, it's nice to meet you Hei. I am Hydra." He raised his head after a moment. Turning his body so he would be addressing the three of them. Even now he still felt awkward, that was a feeling he could never shake off, though at least here it was easier to put on a facade. He briefly listened as Stryder and Eatos exchanged a sentence "Three Heads?" He wonderered, briefly zoning out as to what exacrtly they were talking about. Once a silence hung he asked "So, how is everyone?"

The approval of Hydra, a player she had gotten along with and who had promptly vanished, had caught the girl entirely off guard. After the previous guild disbanded, she had lost contact with quite a few players. Atzo, Hydra and even Vargas. They had just vanished off the face of the world, and the girl had written them off as gone. It hurt her at the time, but slowly, she had accepted that death, in Sword Art Online, happened far too often to those who didn’t deserve it.

She wasn’t sure what to say, but something needed to be said. “I’m…well” A lie, but one she needed to commit to “I’m just happy you’re ok, when you vanished I assumed the worst…” the girl opeed up her inventory, flipping through it and finding her weapon, her Katana, equipping the weapon and placing it on her hip for keeping. Then an idea came in. “Hey, Hydra…If you’re not, well, busy, we could honestly use your help in this quest..”

No longer.... orange? He looked at his Cursor, and was honestly glad, a sigh of relief left his chest. He remembered when he had first met Hydra, he had been scared as hell that he was about to be put in a trap and killed, but it hadn't happened. So, at the time, he had simply just tried to push through. Now that he was green, combined with his own power boost, he no longer really had that fear. Then, Eatos asked him if he wanted to come along with this quest, and he thought it was a great idea. This.... was going to end up being a little brutal, and this was a good chance for them to all meet up again, and to all kind of... catch up.

"Hey,  thats not to bad an idea. Its great to see ya Green, and to celebrate why not catch up with us?"

Hei wasn't to sure about taking someone he didn't knew onto a quest that was dangerous at first when his friends said it, but then he had to acknowledge that they probably knew better than to endanger them, and when Hydra had been part of the Harbingers, he probably was a good guy. Thinking about that, he decided that he would ignore his first doubts and trust in his team mates. When Hydra asked them how they were, he didn't respond at first, as it was for Stryder and Eatos to answer first, as they knew him and might want to talk to him first, then he said "I'm doing fine, thanks to these two. Being part of the Guardians of the new Dawn is pretty nice, and taking some adventures like today gets you out of the routine." Then he turned back towards Stryder, who had just said that he would like it if Hydra tagged along and asked him about the quest, as he hadn't really heard about what they were doing today. "By the way, when Hydra tags along, you might want to tell us what we are doing today, as I don't know more than we try to get our hands on some item to help Eatos. I bet Hydra would like to know what we are gonna do too." 

The group seemed relaxed enough and Eatos offered him the chance to adventure... with whatever it is they were doing. Some sort of quest, Hydra took note as Eatos equipped a Katana, He hadn't seen any of them for a long time so he was no longer sure how he compared in level or skill, though he trusted in there judgement, and as Stryder said it would offer a good opportunity for him to catch up with the group. "I'll try not to be a burden..." Hydra gave a light laugh, "Still thank you for inviting me, it would be great honour to fight by your sides." The last sentence left him in the mood to cringe, he wasn't a noble or a knight yet that was the sentence that came out. No matter, he was sure the others wouldn't think much of it. As Hei asked the other pair what the quest was about Hydra quickly nodded in contempt. "There are a few quests I've still yet to do on this floor so perhaps this is one of them?" He loosely twirled his spear in his hand, the tip catching a glimpse of the harsh sunlight. 

The girl was very pleased that Hydra seemed interested in joining, not just the guild, but this quest. She had a pretty good feeling that their original party could handle it, but adding Hydra into the calcautions made her a lot more confident. She knew that Hydras level was higher than any of them, he had been a highish levelled member of the old guild before its disbanding and given he used to have an orange marker, he knew how to fight.

“Basically, the quest is to acquire a combat healing crystal. From what I read and paid for, we have to fight with a good few knights, defeat their boss, then go back. It isn’t a hugely hard quest, given from what I know, we can team up against a single knight one at a time, so just, avoid taking huge amounts of damage and I can keep you alive” she said clinically. It was one of the few ‘benefits’ of being as cold as she could be. Information control, information retrieval, came easily to her. Pay the right person, have your Husky growl, and most people can talk.