[PP-F10] Silence is Deafening <<Wail of the Banshee>>

(OOC: Taking with @Stryder. This is a repeat quest for Hydra, so he only qualifies for the Banshee potion and no other rewards.)

Hydra entered the vicinity of the tenth floor, taking in a breathe of air. Since removing his orange cursor he had been able to roam the floors of Aincrad with much more freedom and had decided to start by revisiting each floor, most of which he hadn't spent enough time in exploring. The tenth floor was certainly no exception to this. He had only ever passed through the area other than the time he had tackled the floor with Sey, taking of a banshee. The thought sent a tingle down his body. That had been a few months, perhaps a year ago? Hydra began his trek towards Yomi, the main settlement known to be on this floor. Apparently it was a strange place but at this point in time he had nothing else to do and most of his friends we inactive, incognito or worse. The spearman was currently wearing his full plate, his shield and finally in his left hand firmly held onto the Water Serpents Fang. The darkness of the armor seemed to mingle in nicely with the surroundings, though his blue eyes also reflected the odd coloured glow of some nearby mushrooms.

Stats for thread:

Spoiler

Level: 40

Skills/Mods:
Rank 5 (OHAS)
Athletics
Ferocity 
Charge 3
Heavy Armour 5
Concentration

Equipment:
Water Serpent's Fang (+6 DMG)
Water Serpent's Armor (+4 HM, 10 RGN)
Shield of the Drowned (+54 MIT)

Final Statistics:
Health: 830 (800 Base, +30 Athletics)
Energy: 80 (Base)

Damage: 13* (6 Base, +1 Ferocity, +6 Weapon)
Mitigation: 89 (54 Shield, +35 Armour)
Regeneration: 10

* Excluding bonuses from Charge and Heavy Momentum

Edited by Hydra
Needed to add note that this will be a retake for Hydra.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats for thread

Spoiler

Level 31

Skills/Mods

Light Armor RK 1
Martial Arts RK5
Concentration
Survival
Ferocity
Accuracy Familiar RK 3

Equipment

Starlit Shield + 3 EVA (Light Armor)
Aura of the Guardian +54 Mit (Heavy armor)
Accursed Souls + 6 DMG (Gauntlet Weapons)

Stats

620 HP
62 EN
15 DMG (3 Base + 5 Sword Art + 6 Gloves + 1 Ferocity)
3 ACC
3 EVA
59 Mit (4 Light Armor, 54 armor)

BR

2 TP Crystals

Sky opened his eyes, appearing on the tenth floor for the first time in his entire gaming life. He hadn't been here yet, not due to lack of trying, but he just hadn't had a reason to come here yet. He really didn't mind it, the floor was just a cave from what he could tell... He wanted to see if this floor was as unique as the others, and it really was. The whole place looked so bright, the crystals on the roof shining brightly, and were absolutely stunning, and beautiful. He really was enjoying this, he smiled as he walked around a little, heading towards Yomi. He wanted to see what was this floors main settlement. He really wanted to see if he could find anything else that was special about this place, and maybe even find a new quest or two! He couldn't wait! In his excitement, he had forgotten about his familiar, Silver, who bit his leg lightly, making Sky look down and patting her head.

"Your more beautiful then this place, don't worry" He said, roughing up her hair a little

The brief walk to Yomi was a little disconcerting, strange echoes and the screams of what he could only imagine to be the Banshee he had fought once before were constantly surrounding him. "I guess she can respawn after all." Hydra mumbled to himself, wearily glancing around his person. Were it not for the faint glow of the mushrooms this floor would likely be cast in an abyss of darkness, in fact he often heard rumours of an area known as the Void that was eternal darkness... And of course how could he forget Tartarus, he and Sey had gotten a taste of that place the last time they were here. 

As Yomi came into view the spearman felt a sense of relief wash over him. It looked bewildering. Hydra walked a few steps off the path and rested his back against a stalagmite, taking the view in. Most of the settlements on this floor seemed to be based on European or Western style architecture, however this area seemed more antique. At least from the outside. In the distance Hydra spotted a few players mingling around the entrance and what he could only assume were NPCs, suited up in armour. @Stryder

Edited by Hydra

Sky looked around, wondering if he would see anyone he knew. He really didn't know this floor, shivering a little as he walked around the main settlement, wondering just how... well unique this place was. While walking around, he heard something... Well, sinister. A screech, a scream from somewhere on the floor. He had no idea what it was, but it made Silver shiver, he quickly patted her head, before looking around, and starting to move towards.... Well whatever the hell that was. He moved quickly, keeping an eye out, though he had NO idea how to get there. He really wanted to find whatever that was.... It was a sinister sound.... He really didn't know if he should me moving towards this...

"Don't worry... I'l keep you safe Silver, don't worry" He said, keeping an eye out for anything that looked dangerous. He was slowly shifting from actually being a carefree individual to a completely alert, combat focused fighter, every single thing a threat.

Hydra continued to watch from a distance, gathering his thoughts in the process. In the distance the sound of shrieking continued, he wondered if the sound was audible in the village itself. If so he doubted he would be able to rest the night... or day? He was in a cave after all so the laws of time did not apply as strictly,. Was he resting against the rock because he was about to fall asleep? Or was it just a nap... Hydra groaned running the whole thing through his head, sometimes he wished he could just stop reflecting on everything. Even when he was daydreaming despite his confused and lost look on the surface in his actual mind a whole lot was going on. The spearman let out a yawn before scanning the rest of the path, he would see if any other players were heading in the direction and tag along shortly after them. He couldn't muster up the willpower to face any merchants for the time being, he would let a larger group deal with those problems instead. 

He was walking as fast as he could, wondering if the eerie screech was someone..... or something. He had no idea if this was a monster, or someone in danger. But either way, he needed to deal with it. He moved quickly, keeping an eye out, wondering if he would run into anyone else. He quickly opened his menu while walking, checking his map as he moved, it screening as he was going due to him never having been on this floor.

Dammit i hope i'm going the right way....

He felt something down by his hand, and he knew it was Silver... She was scared, she didn't like this. She wanted to back to the second floor where she felt safe.... But she knew her master was going to keep moving and find the source of the screech... 

Sky was walking along the main path, hoping he would get quest notification so he could move and find this easier.... He hoped it was a quest... Not someone in danger, that would be bad...

"..." Hydra waited silently though no one came for a while. He growled lightly under his breath, he was a fool. It wasn't like the first floor where people would just flock in and out, or it wasn't the centre of trade. It was just one floor of the many. "Very well..." The spearman staggered to his feet and stretched. Had it not been for the sound of footsteps echoing down the path he would have started making his way to the Village. Hydra twisted his body and squinted, it was hard to make out due to the distance though two shadows seemed to be approaching his position. The pace was a little erratic and off-tempo though Hydra could understand why. Instead of continuing he decided to wait, remaining stationed to one side a curious expression on his face and eyes wide. "I wish Twilight were here." He suddenly mumbled, a feeling of sadness looming in the back of his mind.

Sky couldn't see anywhere ahead of him, not knowing that someone was there, but his wolf, Silver, did. She instantly hid behind him, making Sky quickly go defensive, arms up and holding hem, ready to defend himself. He kept walking slowly, but kept a close eye on EVERYTHING. He really didn't want anything to happen to his wolf, and decided to keep his guard up. As he looked, he saw a slight shadow, though... He couldn't make much else out other then the shape of a spear... 

"Who are you?" He calls out, borderline YELLING it out at whoever he could see. If this was a PKer.... there was a good chance we was screwed, he really had to hope there was not anyone higher then him here at the moment... Otherwise he would be dead.. 

I am NOT leaving everyone behind.... NOT YET... NOT EVER, I WILL SAVE MY FRIENDS!

As the figures drew closer a voice suddenly came from the darkness questioning who Hydra was. It took a moment to recognise but it was clearly Stryder's. "Stryder?" Hydra quirked up bouncing a question back. "It's me Hydra." The spearman took a slow step forward to a point where the light of the cave was reflecting off his face, making his whole person visible. He smiled raising his hands to show he meant no harm. "What are you two doing out here?" He continued. It wasn't that he viewed his friend as weak, in fact quite the contrary. Hydra was genuinely just intrigued as to why Stryder and his companion were this far out. At this point another scream echoed down the cave, in the direction of Tartarus. It didn't matter how prepared he was, every time he heard that sound it made his heart leap from his chest. "F***" Hydra slapped his hand against his heart and took in a deep breath of air. "Seriously again?" He growled to himself biting his lower lip.

Sky couldn't help but exhale when he saw Hydra, glad that this was somoene he knew, and someone who was friendly. With a weight off his shoulders, he relaxed, his tense body going loose as he calmed down. Then, of course, the goddamn scream again, instantly making him put his arms up to defend aganst a hit that never came. WIth a groan, he slumped, looking at where it came from.

"Good to see ya Hydra, glad its not a player killer" He said, making both a literal statement and a joke. "Do you know what the hell  that is? I could hear it all the way in town" He asks as he walks up towards Hydra, making sure to give Silver a little pat as he walked, keeping her as calm as he could, though she did decide to stick behind him, hiding behind his back as they walked closer to the old friend.

Once the wail had subsided the pair could finally talk to each other. "Likewise, and you too." He looked at the wolf and gave them both a smile, even though the companion couldn't talk. He paused to recall information on his last encounter with the MOB "That was 'the' Banshee. It's one of the quest mobs on this floor. Quite an unpleasant one as well" Hydra tapped his foot. "I was heading to the village but if you can hear it from there..." The spearman let out a sigh, he wasn't sure how much longer he could keep up with the screaming. "If you'd like we can go and eliminate it. I believe we need to attract the attention of some sort of spirit... In Tartarus." Hydra's eyes flickered to an off shoot on the path. He wasn't particularly fond of the idea but it was a good opportunity to catch up with Stryder and at the very least he had experienced this quest first hand before. "We will have to find Tartarus however, the gates to hell will only appear to those who search for it. Or at least that's how it was last time." 

Banshee.... He knew what they were from his past experiences in games... But those had always been from behind a screen.... To see one in, well, full dive virtual reality.... This could shake him to the core... But he had to kill it. It was a quest probably, and the fact Hydra had done it... Well, made him a little more confident. He put a grin on his face, looking at him. He was the one who offered to go eliminate it!

"Why the hell not, i know for a fact i would never be able to sleep here hearing, well, THAT... Lets go find hell shall we?" He says with a grin, pumping his fists together in a bit of a victorious, pre-quest boast. he was ready for this... As ready as he was going to get. Silver was a little scared, but she jumped around him, obviously wanting to follow her master to wherever he goes.

Hydra smiled a little and gave a quick bow of his head. Then glancing around the tenth floor he simply began to walk. "Keep an eye out for..." He paused trying to think on how he should phrase the sentence. "You'll know it when you see it, though despite its side it's very elusive. Let's just say it looks like a prison." The spearman caught a quick glance of Silver, she seemed a little nervous although was loyal to Styder nonetheless. The sight was heartwarming, he himself would need to retake that quest against soon, as his previous familiar had vanished. Probably killed by a MOB whilst he wasn't looking. It had upset Hydra a lot at the time, even now he still got the odd pang of feeling lonely. "Oh by the way..." Hydra suddenly quirked up remembering something from the past. "Didn't you use a sword the last time I saw you, Or is that an illusion of my mind?"

ID 98312:

Loot: 5 (unsuccessful) 

@Stryder

Edited by Hydra

looking around, Sky didn't see anything at all around here.... So much for he would know it if he saw it, how can you miss seeing a Prison? He just sighed, deciding to give it a minute before he started searching for it again. He put his hand back still, Petting Silver as they walked through this cave floor, trying to find, what he was guessing, was a prison made for those who deserve to be in hell....

He perked up a little when he heard the Question, he had used a sword before hadn't he. He had dropped that skill a LONG time ago, it just hadn't helped him that much.... He had felt to weak when he compared himself to Atzo... 

"Iv changed my weapon choice since then, i needed to be stronger than Atzo to protect those around me.... And as far as i know, iv done just that" He said, looking at his cursed hands. These things were going to be the reason he survived this game, he knew it.

Spoiler

ID# 98380 results:

Loot: 7 - Unsuccessful :(

"Atzo?" Hydra remembered the player who had set up the Emerald Harbigner's although like most others he knew he had lost contact with him after going incognito. "How is he, did something happen?" Hydra asked in a curious tone of voice, he wondered why Stryder wanted to be stronger than him. Perhaps the two had been in a conflict with one another. Hydra wasn't one to press for questions though it seemed in the time he had been absent a lot of different things had happened. As the pair continued walking the spearman kept an eye out, some old woman was suppose to promise a large amount of col although he guessed it would only spawn her in after they found Tartarus, and they seemingly had no luck. The spearman let out a slight sigh allowing the luminescent glow of the mushrooms to light there path. Had there not been any mushrooms in the first place they would be in pitch darkness right now. Of course that accompanied by a mad person screaming would not be a nice experience. 

@Stryder

ID 98444:

LD 4 (unsuccessful)

Edited by Hydra

He seemed confused as to why he wanted to be stronger then Atzo, specifcally him. He responded with a smile on his face, warm, and kind. He met atzo when he was zoning out into the world.... He rememered it pretty well, the guy had practically threatened to kill him. But he was a great friend.

"He's alive, i know that much. And nothing happened between us, but he just happened to be the strongest person i knew, and he had the same desire as me, deep down. To protect others, he was always caring of me the others in his guild, so i'm carrying on that legacy by starting my own, the Guardians of the New Dawn, forged from the ruins of the Emerald Harbingers. And now, iv surpassed even him.... Guess its you next isn't it" He says with a bit of a cocky grin, missing everything around him and just not seeing anything.

ID# 98711 results:

Loot: 9 - Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail

• 3 weeks later...

It was nice to hear another player filled with so much confidence, Hydra lacked much of that and even when he talked to most others he had to suppress a creeping anxiety, put on a facade so to speak. He often found his mood swing drastically from being happy to sad, although he rarely ever experienced a hatred of others, he just tried to bottle it all up. "It is good to hear that he is okay..." Hydra smiled letting out a laugh light, before briefly scanning the area. Still no luck and no Tartarus in sight. He sighed slightly and turned his focus back to Stryder "What you've done with the guild is incredible, most seem to fall through and i'm glad you'v accepted me... despite the past." There was a brief pause, "And I look forward to it. Perhaps then we can finally join the legends on the frontlines as representatives of our guild." 

ID 99287:

Loot: 13 (fail)

Edited by Hydra
  • 1 month later...

He listened to Hydra, giving a little laugh when he said he was glad that he was accepted. There was no reason for him to not accept him. The only issue would have been his red cursor, but now that he had cleared that he was all good. It meant that he was now acceptable into the guild, as the real only requirement was not be be an evil bastard. 

"I will be joining the front next floor! I am very underdeveloped, and i might be a hindrance, but i'm going to try! Worst comes to worst i do have three TP crystals, so i can escape if i need to. And you never did anything to me in the past, so don't worry about anything... But i don't deserve much praise. I didn't do it alone, and we haven't done anything to incredible yet, but i plan to change that soon" He said, lookign around and failing to find Tarturus again. He hated having to find things, it was his only real weakness that he had encountered so far.

Spoiler

ID# 101002 results:

Loot: 2

When Hydra heard Stryder was planning to go to the next floor boss his soul lifted in curiosity. So much so that he completely forgot about looking for Tartarus and instead focused on the conversation at hand. "Really? That takes some bravery." Hydra responded, it appeared Stryder had grown considerably, however if his friend was willing to risk his life, was he in the wrong for not risking his own. At the very least if Stryder could attempt the floor boss he could as well. "Time to dwell on the subject." The spearman mumbled lightly, his trail of thought beggining to submerge with the shadows around them. Truth be told Hydra didn't really understand too much about the difficulty of the floor bosses, he knew they were perhaps beyond his skill level. Though as Stryder had mentioned the teleportation crystals, as well as various other methods of buffing ones stats in the game. It was a possibility that they could survive without taking critical damage.  

ID 101022:

Loot: 5 (fail)

@Stryder

Edited by Hydra

Sky was starting to get INSANELY frustrated with how this was going. He wished they could find this goddamn place already, it shouldn't be this hard to find it!!! He let out a loud growl, the sound echoing through the cave as he vented his anger, having been looking arounda nd failing to see it, AGAIN. He sighed, head down as he looked over at hydra, his face a little sad, with a tear or two falling off it like you would see in comic books and cartoons. 

"It doesn't take that much bravery.... I mean, i haven't heard of anyone dying on the front for a long time. So it can't be to bad.... But i guess i'l see that first hand" He said, his face gaining a small smile. It wasn't fake, but it didn't hide the small amount of fear he was attemtping to hide, not really wanting to show his fear to a guild member he was meant to be leading.

ID# 101041 results:

Loot: 4